Trying a tactic running holiday mode

Do people actually think trying to see how successful tactics are by running them in holiday mode gives you a true reflection???

Tried it a few times with FM10 and i think it did reflect pretty well.

Although i have noticed alot of results also depended on your team talks.

Always far better to see how things work hands-on.

Holidaying will only tell you what the AI of your assistant manager would do tactically, given the presets you've given him to begin with. Would he make the same substitutions? Would he use the same team-talks? Would he chance using a major player, who isn't fully fit?

There's lots of things the AI won't do, that a user can do to tip the balance one way or the other.

Bear in mind that a tactic or tactics, are just part of an overall picture. Consider if you will, that you could set a tactic up and it might be almost perfect for the players you have available. If you're testing it in holiday mode, you'll be miles away from what might just be minor tweaks or player changes.

if i am to test a tactic in holiday mode is there a way that you can set the game so that your assistant manager does not use opposition instructions. im guessing this is not possible but i dont use them personally and want to test a particular tactic with lower league clubs or smaller premier league clubs.

Ive done this before.....ive done it a lot actually.

Because I know that I am smarter than the AI assistant, I figure that if I get a decent result when holidaying I know I will do better hands-ons.

Ive done this before.....ive done it a lot actually.

Because I know that I am smarter than the AI assistant, I figure that if I get a decent result when holidaying I know I will do better hands-ons.

This is the thing, I always assume after testing in holiday mode that I'll do better when I actually start my own game and control the matches myself, it nearly always works out that way as well so is a nice guide. I always holiday a full season maybe 3 or 4 times because you will get the odd season where everything goes in your favour but it won't the other times and you do nowhere near as good.

It also depends who you do it with.

I just holidayed a season with barca and they won everything and I had 2 players over 35 goals....it doesnt mean that my tactic is the greatest tactic ever made.

I love holiday mode, it was made for me...the laziest player to play FM. hehe

I have used it since was brought into the game as far as i can remember. I'm so lazy when I do play a game i get the assman to pick the team for me. I do the teamtalks myself though.

On holiday or not though, he does tend to pick your main players who are slightly injured or not matchfit and more than once have had to make a substitution before the game starts. (Ribery been 63% fit once springs to mind). Regarding team talks more often than not he is ok. I've had where the players have praised him for his teamtalk at half time in helping them turn the game around, on the downside also had unhappy players because they feel there not getting enough credit (All this from FM08 by the way).

I get my kicks from FM with the scouting and signing players, selling players and making money, and training. I fond playing the games a bt boring sometimes...probably the reason why I don't like FML.

Currently playing FM11 demo (trying to persude missis to buy me the full game as an early xmas prezzie)where again I have gone on holiday. I had Chelsea top of the league with a RM ish tactic, and then board asks if I want to revaluated the season! Didn't notice anything regarding assman picking injured players or feedback on his teamtalks to the media or player unhappiness.

Off topic. Does anyone know where there is a thread that explains where each attribute is trained in the new training catogories please?

Archived