The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre Season almost finished and only one more game left pre season for my Coventry (a home tie against Benfica). Last nights session was taken up mostly by transfer deals between the high spending Tim (Blackburn) and the shrewd OJ (Ipswich) with the occasional cry from Moncs of 'Any one want to buy Nathan Blake'.

The First Division teams all start their league campaigns next session so we should soon be in the thick of it again. I am looking forward to maybe playing some Human controlled teams in the Cups but that will rely on a bit of luck.

Hi guys, Moncs is still on holiday but I think that we should go with EP4 so to all in the game go ahead and update now. See you all on Monday when my EPL season starts for real and good luck to the First Division brigade !!!!

Hi all,

Just got back of me hols (knackered).

How's it all going?

Can someone please remind me what team i have, it seems that i got the sack but am doing well as simon No2 WHO THE HELL AM I!!!!.

Are we playing on Monday if so what time?

Good to be back, oh yeah i shall be running EP4.

Well, first official games of the season are played and things are looking good for Ipswich, 5 wins and 1 draw from 5 games, so can't complain much. icon_biggrin.gif

Things are looking real good at the moment and I'm sure they will continue that way when we play next on thursday. Plus I got 1 or 2 major signings coming on January that will definetily lift the entire team to a new level... So watch out, the Tractor boys are coming! icon_wink.gif

Well, first official games of the season are played and things are looking good for Ipswich, 5 wins and 1 draw from 5 games, so can't complain much.

OJ, please explain for us all........ icon_eek.gif

Hi every1 btw moncs when do we play next I could not play on mon but my dad was sick so when do we play next so I can join u I would like 2 know asap

Kev Everton icon_biggrin.gif

Kev we play Thurs night at 7.30.

OJ you DID win 5 and draw 1 in 5 games coz the game crashed remember???

And I have been too busy lately to update but I will say that life in the EPL suxs!!! Hope things improve tomorrow......

Kev,

As Rab says, Thursday night @ 7pm.

Hope everything is ok with your dad.

After 5 games into season two, Im sitting just inside the playoff zome with 3 wins and 2 defeats.

Quedron's Blackburn definetily, he has a stunning squad for Div 1 and also Moncs's Wolves and Elite's Millwall might come close. Kev's Everton also have a real good squad but somehow I have a feeling they will fall apart... icon_wink.gif

The only ass the guys above kicked last night was each others !!! You would not believe some of the messages and abuse flying about last night....and I think once the dust settles that OJ's Ipswich will emerge from the pack with the rest faltering, however Quedron did have connection probs which may have hampered his drive for promotion.

On an EPL note I have struggled badly with injuries and my star players proving they are div 1 stars not EPL stars (all except my outstanding young player of the month CD, take note Quedron) so I still need to change it about to some extent, although my forced tactical change due to injuries and bad form has seen me unbeaten in two league games and through to rnd 4 of the League Cup where I play Stockport so not all bad news in reality.

roll on Monday......

Well me and my puny Millwall had a succesful night on thursday and we seem to have a better depth in the squad than i had anticipated. these injuries are risking my campaign but so far we're holding on. got Chopra on loan until the end of the season, he should be good. icon_biggrin.gif

also bought Michael Dawson from Razor's Nottingham, still think it's a plot, and Lars Nilsson from Elfsborg who hasn't yet showned hes potential due to injuries. what else...

oooh yes, ivan bosnjak.... i'm really starting to like this guy, same would go for S.Cosgrove as he always get's my midfield going BUT he's only played 1 or 2 matches, got he's second 2 month injury for the season. icon_frown.gif

here's my fixtures so far in the season

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

H Sheff Utd First div 3-1

A Brighton First div 2-0

H Wimbledon First div 0-1 (the typical "u rule but lose"-match)

A Sheff Wed First div 0-2 (here we basically sucked)

H Norwich First div 2-0

A Walsall First div 0-0

H Blackburn(Quedron)First Div 1-0 (Bosnjak icon_biggrin.gif)

A Sheff Utd League Cup 1st round 1-0

A Cardiff First div 1-1

A Stoke First div 0-0

H Wolves(Moncs) First div 3-0 aaw man, could go on forever about this one, naah i'll just icon_biggrin.gif

A Kidderminster League cup 2nd round 2-0

A Grimsby(stewart) First div 2-0

Some good results, but the match against Wimbledon was and still is annoying. my defense has been really good this season and i hope it stays that way and with the attackers maybe starting to net some more who knows what could happen?

here's my buttugly table after 11 matches played

won/drn/lst/for/Ag/g.d/pts

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

1. Charlton 9 / 2 / 0 / 29 / 8 / +21 / 29

2. Cardiff 8 / 3 / 0 / 23 / 4 / +19 / 27

3. Ipswich(OJ) 7 / 1 / 3 / 19 /11 / +8 / 22

4 Millwall(me) 6 / 3 / 2 / 14 / 5 / +9 / 21

5. Wimbledon 6 / 3 / 2 / 14 / 8 / +6 / 21

6. Norwich 6 / 2 / 3 / 16 /10 / +6 / 20

7. Gillingham 6 / 1 / 5 / 22 /16 / +6 / 19

8. Rotherham 5 / 2 / 4 / 19 /14 / +5 / 17

9. Crystal Palace 5 / 2 / 4 / 20 /16 / +4 / 17

10. Blackburn(Quedron)5 / 2 / 4 /15 /11 / +4 / 17

11. Chesterfield 5 / 2 / 4 / 11 / 9 / +2 / 17

12. Everton(Kev) 5 / 1 / 5 / 18 /18 / 0 / 16

13. Wolves(Moncs) 5 / 0 / 6 / 19 /15 / +4 / 15

14. Leicester 5 / 0 / 6 / 19 /19 / 0 / 15

15. SheffUtd 5 / 0 / 6 / 12 /19 / -7 / 15

16. SheffWed 4 / 1 / 6 / 10 /11 / -1 / 13

17. Nottm F(Razor) 3 / 3 / 5 / 10 /18 / -8 / 12

18. Crewe 4 / 0 / 7 / 10 /22 /-12 / 12

19. Grimsby(stewart)3 / 2 / 6 / 6 /12 / -6 / 11

20. Watford 3 / 2 / 6 /12 /22 /-10 / 11

21. Brighton 3 / 1 / 7 / 6 /12 /-10 / 10

22. Stoke 2 / 3 / 6 / 4 /13 / -9 / 9

23. Reading 1 / 3 / 7 /10 /24 /-14 / 6

24. Walsall 0 / 3 / 8 / 2 /19 /-17 / 3

it still is early days but you can already see who are the big favourite to win the league, Charlton, as they have scored the most and has the best goal differance. Cardiff is a suprise, they play a defensive 3-5-2 wich has worked for them and they seem to have the best defense in the league but not much better than mine. Then there's us to finnish lads close together. Everybody seems to cheer for OJ and his tractor boys but that's alright, they really have some fantastic players, one being their goalie andreas isaksson who i REEEAALLLY would like to have in my team.

We really have a strong spirit in the team and we do also have some skill, and we seem to have the consistency and squad depth to maaaybe challenge for the straight promotion spots. as our grampie Rab would say, only time will tell.

ps: "elite".... not elite, just being sarcastic about my abilities if you haven't got it yet icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by "elite" on 12 July 2003 at 11:50.]

garth4town you are welcome to play, however please note that we are after SERIOUS players how will be able to play every Monday and Thursday evenings from 7.30 until 11.30.

If we only want SERIOUS players why you still playing moncs ?? Oh you run the server don't you....knew there was a reason.

And "elite" knows why OJ is the favourite to win he just can't accept it (or he was 'sleeping' when it happened) so go ahead and prove Grandpa wrong....

Okay, don't make me open a can of woop-ass for you Toto! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and Rab, I was thinking for a long time why you believe in my Ipswich like a rock but then I remembered I got your saviour from last season with me now, Richie Partridge!

Though I really hope I got some other good elements in my team also, cause if not, I'm in a heap of trouble if I ever reach the Premiership!

And Toto, remember when I last week said I think Kev's Everton is gonna be in a lot of trouble despite their class players? Well, just so happened that last game of Thursday was Everton home and I totally dominated their asses in a non-lady domina like way and beat them 3-0! Though Kev wasn't around then, so it may just be that he has a **** assistant. icon_biggrin.gif

Eh, sorry mate, I've not been home much for the past few days and we didn't play on Monday, since almost half of our members had some obstacles and couldn't play, so we skipped that and are playing again tonight. icon_smile.gif

And to reply to your comment, I was expecting also Everton and Rooney hammering me but turned out to be an easy game for me and Rooney was in the night also. icon_biggrin.gif

Lescott got the better of him, also Blackburn have been trying to get their hands on Lescott for quite some time now and so far I have turned down offers of 3 or 4 million pounds ( I forgot which one, 3 or 4M ) for him from Blackburn. icon_eek.gif

I said to Tim Lescott is available for 5M pounds and 25% of next transfer but so far he hasn't matched my price, so Lescott stays and is doing good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabMohr:

And "elite" knows why OJ is the favourite to win he just can't accept it (or he was 'sleeping' when it happened) so go ahead and prove Grandpa wrong....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OJ's the favourite because he's got the better squad, unless you mean something else, i dunno.

and what happened when i was sleeping??

as for tonight, hoping to continue the season as we have started it. think we will, but then again it has usually gone the opposite way of what i have thought here, but that's the name of the game, expect the unexpected, fear the worst, hope for the best. c u all in 3 hours.

Kev has a headache? Hope I didn't cause it by beating him 3-0. icon_biggrin.gif

Also tell him to straighten up and play, I understand declining to have sex when having a headache but not CM! icon_eek.gif

Sorry but at the moment Lescott is not for sale as I can't get an adequate replacement. But if I do decide to sell him, you'll be the first to know. icon_wink.gif

Intresting night last night with some strange goings on in the 1st Div....Biggest shock was at the start of the night when Moncs Wolves beat Quedron's Blackburn....man that was so unexpected. Quedron dropped out the game and off messneger after that result and we don't know what happened....so m8 was it the shock or was it an internet/PC problem ??

OJ and Sami continue to win easily (too easily say some after our upgrade to EP4) while Wolves impressed with a nice unbeaten run taking them into a play off place.

Nothing major to report in the EPL as I continue to misfire and scrape the occasional win at highbury but on a good note after Sami and I were knocked out of the League Cup (only us left of the human teams) the game crashed and we get another chance.....

The session was alright, here'e my fixtures for that night.

H Reading 1.div 3-0

A Chesterfield 1.div 0-1 (booooo)

A Crystal Palace 1.div 2-1

H Gillingham 1.div 3-0

H Bournemouth league cup 5-1

H Rotherham 1.div 1-1

A Ipswich (OJ) 1.div 3-3 (this was a hell of a game wich ended in the end as draw, personally felt that Ipswich were closer for a win so pretty happy with the result, although we had our chances also)

after this match we played two other games before the game crashed, lost 0-1 away against Birmingham in the league cup and won 5-0 away against Watford in the league. hope i win again cause otherwise it would be the second time this season i loose 3 points after the game crashes. the other match was against shef wed earlier this season wich i won but lost in the replay after the crash. don't want that to happen again.

as for the league cup i don't have high expectations, were gonna play our attacking style of play against anyone so that may leave the defense a bit too open against a epl team. almost worked the first time around though, we'll see on monday...

Yep, it was a good game Elite. icon_smile.gif

Damn I was devastated that the game crashed, for the first time I had just climbed to number 1 spot! And also just wooped Blackburn 4-0, I bet on Monday when I play the game again I won't be getting that kind of scores... But we'll see...

OJ

"I said to Tim Lescott is available for 5M pounds and 25% of next transfer but so far he hasn't matched my price, so Lescott stays and is doing good"

Why such a high valuation on him? icon_razz.gif

so at the half-way point of the season and things are looking good for Wolves, sitting just inside the play-off places I have to be happy.

Season started off a bit shakey with no real consistance, but the a good run of games which saw only two defeats in 13 games pushed me well up the table. Sadly before end of play tonight a run of FOUR straight defeats saw me lose a bit of grond on the automatic promotion spot. icon_frown.gif

Highlights have been my two main strikers Lee Miller and Pablo Counago scoring 24 goals between them in the league, midfield dynamos Stewart Drummond and Micah Hyde have been fantastic and a solid unit at the back has saw consistancy arrive, also the purchase of Peter Schmeichel has given the place a must needed boost.

With the FA Cup and the league run-in ahead, Im pretty confident of at least grabbing a play-off place and would consider the season a failure if I diden't.

Archived