The Scanland Clan

While Fudge was being sacked by Stoke I finaly put a game together and won 3-0 against Razor's (on Holiday just now but due back on Monday) Nottm Forest only to have the board issue an ULTIMATIUM to me saying win the next game or else......so I did what any self respecting manager would do (no Moncs I didn't agree with them) and decided to quit before being pushed. The only job available just now is Third Div Huddersfield so I have applied but don't hold out much hope. Under our clan rules I can only come back into the game as a lower placed team so I am looking at Reading if the Huddersfield job don't come thru......roll on Monday and I hope the Coventry board rot in hell !!!!

The Manager Formerly Known as Coventry Boss icon_smile.gif

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! Oh boy what a session we just had. Firstly, we had some techical difficulties after Moncs, our host, got some new hardware and he had some starting difficulties. Then, as I was making the buy of the century for my Ipswich team, I realised I didn't quite have the necessary money to do it, so I go and ask the board for some more, as I have in total sold players for 11.25M pounds and only bought for 5.25M pounds and I have plenty in the bank. But they didn't give it to me, so after thinking for a min I make an ultimatum to the board, as I have an excellent track record and the fans love me and also the board is delighted at me.

What happens? They sack me. icon_mad.gif A bit unfair as although I did make the ultimatum, I should have deserved the money and the guy I'm was going to buy is bloody fantastic. Well, as our rules state, I re-instated myself as the Ipswich manager by the name of OJ Simpson the Second...

Anyways, on to the football field. My team is playing fairly good and I'm currently at 10th place and things are looking good, as I got a comfortable margin to the relegation zone and I know my team has enough quality to stay in the Premiership.

These have been the results:

A Aston Villa 1-3

H West Ham 2-1

A Tottenham 1-2

H Chelsea 0-1

A Man City 1-1

H Sunderland 3-0

H Portsmouth 2-2

H Southampton 0-3

A Charlton 1-0

A Leeds 1-3

H W.B.A. 1-1

Also I've won Liverpool at home 3-0 and a few other games earlier the season were played I can't remember. But like everybody can see, if I can improve my away form, I will be doing very good this season and maybe a top half finish isn't out of the question...

OJ Simpson the Second, Ipswich Manager

While OJ chose to reincarnate himself as OJ the 2nd back at Ipswich I decided to try a different route by choosing to be 2nd Div Cambridge boss as Rab the 2nd. I have no illusions about the quality of my current squad and I am really looking forward to the challenge as I am at heart a LLM......

OJ is rightfully upset at the outcome of his talk with the board and I really wonder if it's possible to get a positive response from any board in this situation. The 1st Div battle continues apace with Sami's Millwall still leading the charge and Stu's Norwich hanging in there. Razor came back from his holiday to a 7-0 defeat at the hands of Bambi's (Fudge) ex team Stoke so I think he has quite a bit of work to do there. Bambi continues to plod on with Everton while moncs Wolves slip out off the play off spots due to a really bad run of results, although I want to state now that his wolves results were not the cause of the recent hardware faults !!!! My nephew Craig has had some good results with Wimbeldon and might even sneak a play off spot but there is a long season still to go so until next time.......cya

LOL...Razor strikes again....well OJ it IS an update although not quite what we meant.

As for my spell at Cambridge things have been very erratic in Div 3. I was knocked out of the FA Cup by Canvey Island (stop laughing at the back!!!) and then was ousted from the LDV Vans Trophy at the hands of a much superior Swansea side, so I now get to concentrate on staying in the 2nd Div as thats is what the board and fans expect. Currently sitting 12th about 7 points off the bottom play off spot and although I never like to say certain I do feel certain (oops I said it) that I will avoid the dogfight near the bottom and might even creep a bit closer to a play off spot, although I feel my squad is NOT yet ready for a promotion challenge (maybe next season). So I will concentrate on what all LLM's love to do the most and that is dig about in the LL's looking for the players to make my club great....already signed 2 quality players so looking forward to the challenge.

On a slightly lighter note MONC's GOT SACKED !!!! yes Moncs the 2nd will be joining us next session due to the lads continued bad form leaving the board no choice but to sack him.....I think that leaves only Sami at Millwall of the original players still going.

Well until next time ....chio !!!

Well Rab, I think it's fair to say that only me and Sami are the ones who haven't been sacked by not performing. I was only sacked cause of that ridiculous ultimatum-thing. icon_mad.gif I think it happened because apparently in our game, the managers' reputations don't change one bit, they are always very poor and I think that's why I was sacked, because of a bug!

Well, anyways life is going good as OJ the 2nd aswell, if I recall correctly, I'm currently at 12th place of the Premiership and just played an 1-1 draw against Man Utd at Old Trafford after an solid performance. One thing, though, that's starting to worry me great deal is the apparent injury crisis I'm having. I have 4 or 5 important players injured, all for 1-2 months including Jolean Lescott for 2 months. The others are McEveley, Cisse and Woodhouse. So I'm a little short of quality players right now, as my squad doesn't have much depth in the defence but I think I should manage somehow.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to January and the opening of transfer window, as I got a few true quality players coming in, who will add amazing quality to my first team... A little over month to go till that. I can't wait... icon_smile.gif

OJ, Ipswich Manager

Aaah, i love this game. Sitting comfortably on top with 55 points after 22 matches, 12 points ahead of Leicester. Not ready to say we are in the EPL nex season just yet, cause i know lady fortuna, or whoever it is, is always closely monitoring my words and waiting for me to start gloating and then starts to smack my face with something. Don't push your luck.

fixtures:

div 1:

H Crystal Palace 2-1

H Norwich 3-0

A Sheff Wed 3-1

A Preston 3-0

H Reading 3-0

A Everton 2-1

H Leicester 3-2

A Wimbledon 1-2

A Grimsby 3-0

So really can't complain, the lads are just playimg superbly and the tactics are working really well. I play a 4-4-2 diamond, won't explain it in more detail.

Roll on monday!

The Lions Manager --->icon_biggrin.gif (gloating?)

I wasn't aware of a problem with manager reputations not changing from very poor....if it doesn't change over time then I think everyone will face the sack at some point, not sure I like this much. Can we get a statement from someone at SI that this does change over time or are we stuck with it. Would it make a difference if we started a new game (don't panic OJ, I am just asking).

And I would like to point out that I WAS NOT sacked at Coventry, I resigned.....big difference m8 icon_smile.gif.

Looking forward to tonight guys but be aware we will be testing the Server again so log in early to let us fully test it, about 6.45 should be fine. Catch you on MSN later.

Rab II Manager of Cambridge

Wolves board are a bunch of chumps, after everything I did for them and this is how they treat me. Well I can tell you here and now I will NOT be stepping back into that stadium EVER again.... although Scott Moncrieff II might.

Looking forward for tonight guys. icon_smile.gif

And Rab, the manager reputation not changing won't probably affect will our clubs fire us or not, as they will still be delighted, pleased etc. to the work we do and it was fixed in later Ep's, as I'm playing a game with Tottenham on my own and I checked and I have very good reputation. So it works when you started your game on EP4 or EP5...

Hehe Rab, I almost panicked already when I read about starting the new game. icon_biggrin.gif I wouldn't like it very much, as I'm building a fabulous team for Ipswich amd aiming for glory very soon!

Uneventful evening last night with nothing major happening....except Razor being sacked again by Nottm Forest while on Holiday, must be a bug or something coz he has now been sacked THREE times when he puts himself on holiday.

Other than that nowt much to say....so until Thurs cya.....

Nothing major happening? Think again, my friend. Something major did happen. On the first day of january, I purchased two great players for my mighty Ipswich team, Wesley Sonck and the Brazilian star Alex from Cruzeiro! icon_biggrin.gif

And as expected, they had a major influence on the very first game they played for me. Bolton home and I trashed them 4-0 with Sonck netting 2 goals and an assist to mark his stunning debut for me, and Alex getting an assist after an overall commanding precense in my midfield. icon_cool.gif

I'm now on a 3 game winning streak after beating Newcastle 3-1, Middlesbrough 1-0 and Bolton 4-0. All at home, though, and as a result I'm currently occupying the 7th place, so things are looking great for my Ipswich team!

Don't want to rain on your parade OJ but have you checked your opposition in those games, in particular the positioning ability of the defenders that played....I have just spent a couple of hours on the forums reading up about the positioning bug and can't wait till Thurs to check for myself. I have been trying for the last couple of sessions to figure out why my team couldn't keep in position at the back and I think I now know why.......another bug !!!!

Yes, I know about the positioning bug and I've been monitoring it pretty closely myself and on some players I have seen the effects on it and on some I haven't. For example, in my team Jolean Lescott has been improving immensly since I bought him from Moncs for a ridiculous fee (Thank ya very much icon_biggrin.gif) and his positioning has also improved a lot. If I remember correctly, he had 11 for positioning and now it is up on 16-18. So the bug hasn't affected him. On the other hand, Jay McEveley who has also improved pretty much since coming to me, has only 11 in positioning and hasn't improved on that so much. But generally in the game, I have only seen very little of the bug and I think it will only come into effect on later seasons, as we are only on season 3 at the moment.

Four games into my new post at Wolves as Scott Moncrieff II, and nothing very interesting to report. Two wins and Two defeats leaves me with a good chance of a play-off place but still a lot of work to do.

I have decided that I will bring in more youngsters during the remainder of the season, the three I have brought in already have been great included my 17 dutch GK who I have MASSIVE hopes for.

i have also been monitoring the alleged positioning "bug" and i'm not still convinced it's a bug. as for mceveley who is one of the players mentioned a lot in these forums when talking about the bug, i feel like he's maybe not a natural defender. maybe he's supposed to be trained into another position. there are a lot of examples in the past of players irl. sol cambell for instance who was a striker in his youth days. my players has involved in that particular area pretty well and haven't noticed any lowered positioning attributes. maybe it all comes down to training.

as for the last session there isn't nothin special to mention from my point of view either other than that we have streched our lead on the top of the table. EPL, here we come.

The Lions Manager

Dire times at Everton, we are still in relegation trouble, but thing may be about to change, new signings coming in and a renewed coaching team on board will hopefully stop the rot, Currently i would be happy just to stay in the 1st division and next season challenge for the playoffs, more changes in personel will happen between now and the end of the season to prepare us for next season when we will return to form.

Fudge

Everton Supremo

"Sun is shining, the weather is sweat."

Bob Marley described my EPL campaign perfectly. icon_biggrin.gif

Things are looking great for Ipswich, as we're playing great games against our opponents and the purchases of Wesley Sonck and Alex have had the expected effect on my form. I'm currently sitting on the 5th place and I have the best form in the entire EPL. icon_eek.gif

Only loss in last night's session came against Liverpool away in the league, while on the FA Cup I first trashed 1 Division 2nd team, Preston 8-1 in the 3th round and drawed 1-1 against the mighty Chelsea in the 4th round and heading for a rematch.

So like I said, things are looking great and if I can keep my great form, I can probably archieve a spot that gets me to Europe next season. icon_smile.gif

OJ, the mighty Ipswich manager icon_cool.gif

While OJ marches toward europe and all the glory (and MONEY!!) my Cambridge team are making good progress just now. I really feel that in a season or two I will be ready for the 1st Div and from there who knows....

Everton seem to have stopped the slide to obscurity (just!) but I won't be suprised if they end up down here in Div 2 come the end of the season. Fudge has taken to arguing with the fans of the club and that is never a good sign...meanwhile Stu's Norwich have faltered a bit but I still feel they are probably the best equipped outside of Sami's Millwall to make the step up. Millwall have all but done it as far as promotion goes and Sami would rank up there with the chumps of all time if he don't make it definite soon.....both Wolves and Wimbeldon are battling to stay in touch of a play off spot and I suspect they may both make it but only one can go up so we should have a good season finale coming up soon.

As stated right at the start of this thread 'only time will tell....'

I think if 2 of the player teams get to the final of any cup or the playoff's, I will do a commentary on the internet radio station i have to add some more detail to the match.

Or i could run music on it during our sessions, it only takes a tiny bit of bandwidth unless your on 56k then dont bother.

What do you think guys???

Breaking News In The Sheffield Gazzette

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed former Rent Boy Christopher Lewis as manager of the cash strapped club.

The shock appointment came when he told the press that he had slept with On loan player Kuqi and that he had given a blow job to Kevin Pressman .

However bad the news is hes sure to make a decent manager as he guided accrington to the premiership on Championship Manager 4

The board expect him to achieve a mid table finish next season and with little money to spend itll be a tough job but im sure he can do it after all hes done 2 of the squad icon_smile.gif

Well what a session Everton just had 6 matches and we won them all, the team is now playing well just a few clitches to sort out and Everton will be back, only 9 points now to a playoff place.

Ok ill setup a forum and site of our own and ill put the tables on it for you.

I will only do the radio if there is a big match between 2 human players and i dont have a game, you will need to let me know in advance what games you would like the commentry on.

To hear the radio you must have winamp its free.

to hear the radio goto http://212.159.19.33:8000/listen.pls

It will only be on during matches.

Everton's good form was overshadowed only by two things.....Number one was my Cambridge's 8 wins in a row and now only 1 point off the bottom play off spot and point two was Razor's 7-0 hammering at the hands of QPR....my god does Razor know how to screw up a team or what ?? After last night I think Razor's next job should be as a DJ on Bambi's radio broadcast !!!

A quick hello to our newest recruit Chris (who's not a fag) and we are all looking forward to Thurs night (except Razor who is looking forward to Championship Cooking Manager)

had a good session last night. before i went on holiday the lead was 20 points to preston who were at second place at that time. don't know the situation after that. if i'll ask the other clan members they'd just say i been sacked or something like that so no point asking them. so waiting for thursday to clinch the Nationwide title and be on our way to the EPL. icon_smile.gif

i love this game.

The Lions Manager

Hi, good to see an online game going as great as the one I’m in (The Scots Clan)we have 14 players and we all play Scottish teams and we all start in div 3. We are on our third season and some of the lads have made it to div 1.

So far its been great but I would love some info on some lower English teams and great players you have found. If you find someone that’s a real talent I would love him in my team online sorry to say my budget is usually 20-30K

So if you find someone give me a buzz, if you are on the look out for some Scottish players I’ll try and help out.

Stewart.r@ntlworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Hi, good to see an online game going as great as the one I’m in (The Scots Clan)we have 14 players and we all play Scottish teams and we all start in div 3. We are on our third season and some of the lads have made it to div 1.

So far its been great but I would love some info on some lower English teams and great players you have found. If you find someone that’s a real talent I would love him in my team online sorry to say my budget is usually 20-30K

So if you find someone give me a buzz, if you are on the look out for some Scottish players I’ll try and help out.

Stewart.r@ntlworld.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

OnlyIdiotsGiveOutTheirEmailAddress.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be desperate Sav icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

Why dont you guys come and join a proper online game, rather than the mickey mouse one that Turps runs....? icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd luv to join the Scan land Clan Scott, those Jock tossers always slag me and call me names like pie face and Rotten Ronnie icon_mad.gif You and Rab look like harcore players be carefull of Sav tho he is weird and worth watching icon_wink.gif up the scanland icon_cool.gif

OK guys the deed is done, we now have a dedicated forum www.scanland.tk , i will post the league tables each week, you will need to reregister for an account, I will be putting the forums inside a website but this will be ok for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

aye good point.. sorry Finland you are the weakest link goodbye!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feck off mate! You know who are the two guys controlling our game. Me and Elite, and guess what people. We are from Finland! icon_razz.gif

That's right, looks like next season in our game there will be two Finnish guys in the EPL and the rest down in Div 1... icon_cool.gif

Stewart.r@ntlworld.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HO HO HO!

This is me , Chick Young , standing where i am which is here..

(Chick) So Sav, having realised you cannae cut it wi the big boys in the scottish clan, youve now been "Outed" by a major national newspaper as seeking advice from anyone who will listen to your whining stories. My question to you Sav ... "How Come Youre So Crap" .... i mean , other lads would just browse the tactics forum, check out GPG , and watch how their opponents played. Youve gone screaming to a bunch of nancy boy's called Bambi & OJ. How can you hold your head up high walking down Cowdenbeath high street?

(Sav) Can i phone a friend Chick?

(chick) You havent got any sav.

(Sav) icon_frown.gif *cries*

You know we all love you OJ!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love you too! icon_razz.gif

And Lambie's Lovechild, watch it who you're calling nancy or I'll might get you address and come sort you out.

And I ain't a boy.

Yea Chris you got it right! And Turps, I ain't worried, I've played Ice Hockey for ten years and I know how to do a dirty trick or two with the stick, that will really hurt. icon_wink.gif

Oh, and thanks for the address, it might come in handy later on... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OJ:

I know how to do a dirty trick or two with the stick, that will really hurt. icon_wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep your porn star party games to yourself young man! icon_eek.gif

Archived