The Scanland Clan

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be worse mate. icon_smile.gif

Anyhow, we didn't finish the season yesterday, so we'll need thursday.

And about the new game, I've decided to switch to Tottenham. Trying to make the Spurs once again the best club from London is a nice challenge...

OK lets be clear about this.....Razor CAN go West Ham because they ARE a 1st Div side when we start our new game. Bambi (Fudge) CANNOT go Everton because they are a Premier League side unless he finnishes in the EPL with the game currently on. I don't know who is where in the leagues just now but that is the guidlines as set down by Herr Moncs the Fuher !!!! OJ is welcome to go pretty much any team in the EPL coz I believe he is leading the league just now, so wanting to go Spurs is not an issue.

Anyway am I putting on the server tonight ? Let me know asap as I thought you had finnished the season in the last session.

OJ - once the season is finished can you please e-mail me the final tables from the EPL and 1st division, and I will post who can go what teams.

Fudge - as Rab says you CANT go Everton unless you get promoted to the EPL at the end

of this season.

Well were do i start.

After going on an end of season run of 14 games unbeaten run which included the last 5 games not conceeding any goals, brighton finally lived up to there status of being favourites for the title.

At least me winning the league saves a lot of arguments within the clan as i can now become the west ham manager in 03/04 (rab says i was anyway even if i had lost).

I suggest we start playing 03/04 on the 5th Jan/04 (would like to start now, but i know we will not) as i can not make the 1st, and i think that most of us should be there for the 1st session.

Have a good xmas and a good new year all.

Razor

well can't complain either. finished as 7th with millwall wich was pretty much the most we could have hoped for. i have not yet decided who i am going to go with in 03/04 but im 80% certain it will be southampton.

the times in The Den was fabulous with our worse league position being 4th in the nationwide during all the seasons and never got the boot. the fans loved me, the board loved me and i loved them. but time to move on to hopefully even better things with southampton.

The Ex Lions Manager

The New Saints Manager?

Guys.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH for a really enjoyable game, my first online experpience with Champ Man has been made all the better with you guys, you have all been a credit to the game.

CM 03/04 will start on MONDAY 5th JANUARY 2004.

Please copy and paste the below list in your next posts and let me know which team you wish to go.

EPL

OJ - MIDDLESBORO

Elite - CHARLTON

Craig -

1st Division

Moncs - PRESTON

Rab -

Razor - WEST HAM UTD

Fudge -

Lister -

The guys in the 1st Division can go ANY current first division team they wish.

OJ - You can choose ANY EPL team you wish

Elite- You can choose any EPL team with the exceptions of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Newcastle

Craig - Same as Elite but with the addition of Southampton, Man City, Spurs, Bolton and Blackburn.

[This message was edited by Moncs on 29 November 2003 at 11:50.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moncs:

Guys.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH for a really enjoyable game, my first online experpience with Champ Man has been made all the better with you guys, you have all been a credit to the game.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, our game has been everything I had hoped for and more. Big thank you to all of you also from my part. icon_smile.gif

As my time as the Ipswich manager, i couldn't have hoped for much more. We improved each season and the final season saw us challenge for the Premier League title and we ended the season as second to only Manchester United, only 5 points from them. An excellent season that was crowned by winning the FA Cup for the second time in my time at Ipswich and with the excellent Euro run that saw us defeated only in the Champions League quarterfinals, thanks to excessive injuries and bans.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the success we had. In five seasons from a Nationwide side to a serious title contender.

As for the new game, I can't wait for it to start. And Moncs, you should read the previous posts once more, making the Spurs as a title contender will be my next challenge. icon_wink.gif

And a warm welcome to Gregg, you made a good decision in joining us. I hope you are a serious player. icon_smile.gif

So:

EPL

OJ - TOTTENHAM

Elite - SOUTHAMPTON

Craig -

1st Division

Moncs - PRESTON

Rab -

Razor - WEST HAM UTD

Fudge -

Lister -

Gregg - SUNDERLAND

It was fun guys that's for sure......

EPL

OJ - TOTTENHAM

Elite - SOUTHAMPTON

Craig -

1st Division

Moncs - PRESTON

Rab - COVENTRY

Razor - WEST HAM UTD

Fudge -

Lister -

Gregg - SUNDERLAND

and a big welcome to Gregg, hope you enjoy your time with us and apologies for Lister !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

monc's i with to reamin wish to remain with notts forrest.fudge wil also post that as well

gregg welcome to the clan just ignore rab and elite their just sore looser's any way ubt you will have some slanging matches with th others right enough.and i see you lot next year

happy christmas and a happy new year

lister

And as if to prove our point Sami, Lister posts in gibberish once again. Even I don't have a clue what he just said !!!!

Oh and enjoy the holidays guys......

On a slightly different note Sami & OJ, have you got a game going with 03/04 online yet and if so what is your opinion so far ?? Are there any show stoppers in it or are we going to be OK for our game starting in Jan ??

To first answer Rab, the game is a bit on the slower side until the transfer deadline. after that the game just flyes. And that is with the first patch and medium database and approx 20 leagues with no full detail ticked. Dunno if the new patch has come out yet? Anyway the game will be great. I think we will have to start with medium db unless the new patch will patch up the game speed with large db, not totally convinced it will be quick enough. Have to test it first to be sure.

To answer OJ u know u ain't gonna be on top for long don't u? Just 2 point away (Man U) and my matches are boring cause the only things that can prevent me from winning are:

a. enemy's gk

b. red card

c. both a & b

d. dodgy penalty/offside goal

and Bratigol, i think all the new guys will have to start in Div 1, sorry, clan rules.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bratigoal:

I think I will join as newcastle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe I think not. icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, the speed issues are still an uncertain area. SI have said they will lower the amount of players in the full database for the next patch, so it will get faster. Though I think a good choise would be to choose medium database and take other leagues. Maybe around 10, or so.

And Elite, you know I'm gonna walk away with everything. icon_cool.gif

You can join if you are a serious player and can attend the sessions that will take place every monday and thursday from 7PM GMT till around 11PM starting from January.

And if you do join, you will have to pick a team from the English division 1.

EPL

OJ - TOTTENHAM

Elite - SOUTHAMPTON

Craig -

1st Division

Moncs - PRESTON

Rab - COVENTRY

Razor - WEST HAM UTD

Fudge - West Brom

Lister - Notts Forrest

Gregg - SUNDERLAND

Spoke to Gregg tonight and he has started up his own clan so can't make our one, Good Luck Gregg hope things go well.

Guys - I was thinking of having a night b4 our start night of Jan 5th, just to get our teams/shortlists/tatics/training etc organised.

What do you all think?

How about the evening of Sunday 4th January, from about 6pm onwards, the server could be left on until around 11 and everyone could just log on when they have time and do their stuff!!!

GUYS - After reading various threads regarding the release of 4.1.3, there seems to be a problem with the score changing bug on network play. SI say they will look into this early in the new year, people are saying that if you start afresh with 4.1.3 you will not get this big, however there are people who HAVE Started afresh and DO get he bug so Im not 100% convinced. with this in mind.....

I suggest delaying the start of the clan until a fix is released, as I dont really want to start a game only to start all over again.

Comments please......

Me and Oj have started a new game with 4.1.3 and haven't run into this bug yet. There's a new version of the patch out though where they have stated this fix for matches, "Fixed problem where wrong match stats are shown occassionally for fixtures." so i guess we should be ready to start. icon_smile.gif

OK GUYS.... we will start on sunday 4th for those of you who can make it just to get our teams ready for the kick off.

EVERYONE REQUIRES the NEW EP2 which includes the match stats fix

EPL

OJ - TOTTENHAM

Elite - SOUTHAMPTON

Craig - ASTON VILLA

1st Division

Moncs - PRESTON

Rab - COVENTRY

Razor - WEST HAM UTD

Fudge - West Brom

Lister - Notts Forrest

GUYS - the game is now up and running and will be up all this week and this weekend from abouy 7pm until around 11pm (with the exception of New Years Eve when I will be getting rathe merry)

I would LIKE everyone to have their teams and everything else setup so we can start on monday 5th

Archived