The Siege of London (AAC)

Educated Hick

Notes- CM 01/02 with latest CM Sorted patch. Australia, England, France, Germany, Italy, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Spain, Scotland, US and Wales all in foreground. Every other league is on background as well as all feeder leagues.

“You’re crazy,†the man sneered, “bringing back the Auld Alliance won’t work,â€

“

Why not?â€

“Because it won’t, that’s why!â€

“What’s the matter, you afraid because you’re English?â€

“**** off.â€

“I’ve news for you pal, the Auld Alliance is rising again and there’s nothing you can do about it. We’re going to invade London by way of the Football League. “

“Invade Football? How is that possible?â€

“Easy, the Alliance Corporation has just purchased West Ham United and Upton Park. Pursuant to Alliance rules, the team and staff will be comprised of 50% Scots and 50% French or as near to that ratio as we can get. We have ten years in which to win the Premier League and take control of English football.â€

“This can’t be happening.â€

It is, be afraid, very afraid.â€

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notes- CM 01/02 with latest CM Sorted patch. Australia, England, France, Germany, Italy, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Spain, Scotland, US and Wales all in foreground. Every other league is on background as well as all feeder leagues.

“You’re crazy,†the man sneered, “bringing back the Auld Alliance won’t work,â€

“

Why not?â€

“Because it won’t, that’s why!â€

“What’s the matter, you afraid because you’re English?â€

“**** off.â€

“I’ve news for you pal, the Auld Alliance is rising again and there’s nothing you can do about it. We’re going to invade London by way of the Football League. “

“Invade Football? How is that possible?â€

“Easy, the Alliance Corporation has just purchased West Ham United and Upton Park. Pursuant to Alliance rules, the team and staff will be comprised of 50% Scots and 50% French or as near to that ratio as we can get. We have ten years in which to win the Premier League and take control of English football.â€

“This can’t be happening.â€

It is, be afraid, very afraid.â€

July 2001:

“My God, was it that fast?â€

“Yup Mr. Chairman, how’s it feel to be the last Englishman among the staff?â€

Frightening to be quite frank.â€

“Well, I do a through job. It wasn’t easy. I had to let the entire backroom, coaches, scouts, trainers, the whole lot. It’s not easy telling around 15 people that they’re fired.â€

“So why do it?â€

“Alliance directives, sir. We have to have only Scots and French staff as well as players, I must say, it was quite easy to find replacement personnel. West Ham now boasts 12 new staff members, six Scots and six Frenchmen.â€

“Never mind the bloody staff, did you wantonly dismantle my first team you bastard?â€

“Yes we have. All non-Alliance players have been placed into the reserves where they will play until sold or until they rot. We have already sold many of the better players such as Carrick, Roo-Coker and Repka. Only three players remain from your original first-team. To be ready for league play, we have invited a number of Scot and French free-agents to sign with West Ham. I’m proud to say that we have a viable Alliance first team getting ready to open play on August 11.â€

“And what of the loanees?â€

“They, sir, have been released from their commitments.â€

“Bloody hell, your takeover is illegal. You can’t just wipe out a team like that!â€

“I can and I have. The irony is that you won’t be able to appeal to your fanbase to stop me. As long as the team wins, then they won’t give a damn who’s on the pitch, be it English, French, or purple aliens from Alpha Centari.â€

“Then I bloody well hope you lose every game. After destroying my team, it’s what you deserve.â€

“We’ll have to see won’t we. See you next month.â€

“I can hardly wait

Cheers Simon icon_smile.gif

August 2001

“So what the hell is going on with my team?â€

“Mr. Chairman, I thought a stint in the Tower would make you less antagonistic, evidently, we’ll have to keep you here longer.â€

“Why should I care, considering you and your friends have ruined my team!â€

“Now Mr. Chairman, is that any way to make life easier for yourself?â€

“Just give me the details and get out.â€

“As you wish Mr. Chairman. West Ham are currently 11th in Division One with a 2-1-1 record. They beat Wycombe 4-0 in the League Cup 4-0. “

“Cut to the chase, who have you gotten rid of this month?â€

“We sold Mulins to Arsenal for 1M, have an agreement with Valencia for Harwood that will go through in December, and just sold Robert Lee to Aston Villa.â€

â€So, you’ve raped our youth system.â€

“Well sir, we need the capital to purchase French and Scot players, which is proving to be difficult. Also, in the second league game of the season, we lost two players to a torn hamstring and torn knee ligaments.â€

“You’ll pardon me if I’m not heartbroken over that news.â€

No doubt, Mr. Chairman, you’ll be delighted to hear that the fans were not happy with our draw to Burnley and our loss to Crewe.â€

“So there is hope that the Alliance will collapse and I’ll be able to run my team again.â€

“Don’t count on it sir, there’s a long way to go in the season. See you next month. If the guards mistreat you, let me know.â€

Cheers t!mbo. icon_smile.gif

September 2001

“Tell me Mr. Chairman, how do you like your new palatial flat?â€

“I’m under bloody house-arrest, no thanks to you.â€

“Ah, but you are being well-provided I hope.â€

“If you can call no cable TV, phone or computer as being well-provided.â€

“Well sir, we had to take reasonable precautions to insure that you have no contact with the outside world.â€

“This is bloody illegal!â€

“No sir, it’s legal. You failed to read the two-point fine print, which gave us the right to keep you out of public view if we provided reasonable accommodations.â€

“Hang the damn contract!â€

“I’m afraid we can’t do that sir until West Ham have won the Premier. Besides sir, you can hardly claim we’re starving you. You have the finest food, drink, literature and women that our money can buy. Most men would be envious of your situation.â€

“I want my team back, that’s all I want.â€

“Speaking of your team, they’ve done well this month.â€

“Have they, who have you gotten rid of now?â€

“We have just sold Quinn and Noble for a combined sale of 650K pounds. We have also released as many of the English youngsters as we could. The English presence is gradually declining.â€

“No doubt, and have you replaced these fine English gentlemen?â€

“Yes sir, we have. The first team now has 25 French or Scots. The reserves are slowly being filled with Alliance prospects. In due course, by the time we enter the Premiership, we should have 50 lads of Alliance heritage on the books.â€

“And how has this mongrel team done?â€

“Not bad at all Mr. Chairman. West Ham is currently 8th in Division One with five wins, four draws and a loss. They were also pasted 4-0 by Middleborough in the second round of the League Cup.†You may be glad to know that the rest of the board is ambivalent about the team’s performance.â€

“I can only hope they sack you, you piece of Scottish scum.â€

“Enjoy the luxurious accommodations sir. I’ll see you next month.â€

“**** you.â€

October 2001

“Well Mr. Chairman, I have some news that will gladden your English heart.â€

“And that would be?â€

“The fans rioted outside Upton Park.â€

“Ah, why?â€

“West Ham lost 3-0 to Coventry at Upton.â€

“With your damn Alliance players?â€

“Yesâ€

“Heh Heh and how did the rest of the board react?â€

“They were not happy, of course, and it was reflected in the monthly review.â€

“Oh?â€

“Yeah, they aren’t all that happy with my performance.â€

“Ha Ha. Have you bitten off more than you can chew? At least now the house arrest will go by quicker since your arse will out the door soon.â€

“Who knows, West Ham is 7-5-3, but nobody is satisfied with that.â€

“Welcome to the reality of being in control. Fans tend to be ungrateful. You and your Alliance pals will soon learn lad.

“We’ll see Mr. Chairman. See you in November.â€

â€Perhaps sooner.â€

November

“I see that you survived another month.â€

“Yes sir I did.â€

“But you look tired. Losing your grip on my team?â€

“No, not quite. West Ham remain in 8th place. However, the fans, players and the rest of your board seem to demand perfection. Many of the team, particularly the French, have lost confidence in my ability to manage.â€

“Never trust a Frog.â€

“Perhaps, but we did get rid of another Englishman though.â€

“Who was it this time?â€

“Anton Ferdinand, to Caley Thistle for 875K. We also signed a few more Scots and French, mostly prospects.â€

“You’re headed for a fall.â€

“Maybe Mr. Chairman, but I think the Alliance will succeed at taking over the Premier. The West Ham fans are just unreasonable. “

“Welcome to my world. At least house arrest means I don’t have to deal with them.â€

“Lucky you Mr. Chairman. See you in December.â€

Cheers T!mbo. Glad someone likes this style. icon_smile.gif

December 2001

“Mr. Chairman, I regret to inform you that West Ham United have had a turnaround.â€

“Have you?â€

“Yes sir, we have. We are now in playoff contention with a 14 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses record.â€

“Oh joy.â€

“Precisely Mr. Chairman. I should add that the non-Alliance membership of the club is down to one lone Englishman. We sold Deane to Dundee Utd, Connelly to Lens, Harwoood to Valencia, and Zamora to Ipswich for a combined total of around 3 million pounds. We then released Lee San. That leaves Etherington as the only non-Alliance member of the staff. We also made our first Bosman signings, Gary Smith, Hibs, Stephane Adams, Hearts and Steven Ferguson, Dundee, will all join West Ham in the summer.â€

“I won’t give up hope that you’ll be sacked.â€

“I would suggest that you rethink that last statement Mr. Chairman. The quicker you reconcile yourself to the idea, the quicker we’ll let you out of house arrest. In the meantime, here’s some reading material for you. See you next month.â€

“Hold on, is that a threat?â€

“No sir, just a reality. We wish you would cooperate. We need a visible figure for us and we figure you would fit nicely. As it is, you’re just giving us a headache.â€

“Causing some pain is better than none at all.â€

“Perhaps Mr. Chairman, but the only pain is what you inflict upon your self. We will win in the end. The tide of history is in our favor.â€

“History is bunk.â€

“I prefer Ingersoll’s view- ‘let the dead past bury its dead.’ I must be going sir; I have no time to argue over the philosophy of history.â€

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

************************************************************************************************

West Ham United - Sunday 16th December 2001

************************************************************************************************

================================================================================================

2001/2 Senior Club Stats

================================================================================================

No Name Apps Gls Con Pens Asts Yel Red MoM Av R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26 Algerino, Jimmy 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 7.50

- Barré, Mickaël 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

1 Baxter, Lee - - - - - - - - ----

13 Biancarelli, André 20 0 18 0 0 0 0 1 7.15

24 Bouger, Bernard 12 (1) 3 0 0 1 0 0 3 7.54

8 Boutal, Samuel 14 (3) 7 0 0 1 1 0 0 7.18

- Brevett, Rufus - - - - - - - - ----

39 Butter, Jim 5 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

- Carmignani, Simon - - - - - - - - ----

4 Casanova, Laurent 2 (2) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.25

25 Cleland, Alec 14 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.64

19 Connolly, David - - - - - - - - ----

- Creaney, Philip - - - - - - - - ----

18 Cyprien, Jean-Pierre 8 (1) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.44

- D'Amico, Denis - - - - - - - - ----

6 Dailly, Christian 22 1 0 0 1 3 0 2 6.95

16 Deane, Brian - - - - - - - - ----

- Dureuil, Rémy 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

11 Etherington, Matthew - - - - - - - - ----

- Faubert, Julien 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Fisher, John - - - - - - - - ----

21 Gaillot, Philippe 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

36 Gallacher, Kevin 6 (1) 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 7.14

33 Gravelaine, Xavier 13 (2) 6 0 1 (1) 0 1 0 0 7.13

15 Hutchison, Don 13 (2) 1 0 0 3 1 0 1 7.07

35 Huysman, Nicolas 7 (2) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.11

22 Inglis, John 9 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.89

29 Jackson, Chris 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.33

- Leask, Moray - - - - - - - - ----

- Lee San - - - - - - - - ----

17 Madar, Mickaël 2 (2) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.75

38 Marsiglia, Mickaël 4 (2) 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 6.67

20 McAllister, Brian 17 0 0 0 1 4 0 2 7.24

7 McAllister, Gary 15 (2) 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 6.71

37 McKinnon, Rob 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 5.33

34 McKnight, Paul 3 (2) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.20

- Mémin, Frédéric - - - - - - - - ----

23 Meyrieu, Frédéric 19 (1) 0 0 0 5 1 0 0 6.80

31 Middleton, Gary 1 (1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.50

12 O'Donoghue, Ross 7 (1) 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 6.63

30 Pierre, Pascal 11 (1) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.17

3 Rott, Yannick 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.33

- Sarrea, Vincent José - - - - - - - - ----

- Schille, Cédric 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

28 Shaw, George 13 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 7.38

5 Thétis, Manuel 8 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.38

32 Thomas, Kevin 1 (1) 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

- Van Reusel, Christophe 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

40 Viaud, Laurent 10 1 0 0 0 5 0 0 7.00

9 Zamora, Bobby - - - - - - - - ----

English First Division - Sunday 16th December 2001

2001/2 Table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st W.B.A. 23 11 1 1 26 6 5 1 4 17 15 50

2nd Millwall 23 12 0 1 31 13 4 1 5 10 13 49

3rd Sunderland 22 9 0 0 26 3 5 5 3 21 24 47

4th Derby 23 7 2 3 25 11 7 2 2 18 11 46

5th Cardiff 23 8 2 1 27 13 4 4 4 20 20 42

6th Wigan 21 8 2 2 19 13 4 2 3 9 7 40

7th Norwich 22 9 0 1 16 7 3 4 5 23 27 40

8th Nottm Forest 23 5 4 1 18 11 6 2 5 17 17 39

9th West Ham 23 7 4 2 12 6 4 2 4 16 15 39

10th Crystal Palace 23 4 5 2 22 19 5 2 5 16 18 34

11th Sheff Utd 23 6 2 2 18 9 3 3 7 17 28 32

12th Burnley 23 6 3 1 21 13 1 7 5 19 27 31

13th Stoke 23 5 5 3 17 15 3 1 6 12 17 30

14th Ipswich 23 4 4 5 26 28 3 3 4 15 16 28

15th Crewe 23 4 2 4 18 16 4 1 8 19 30 27

16th Rotherham 23 5 2 3 19 17 1 5 7 17 26 25

17th Walsall 23 4 4 5 24 20 2 1 7 12 22 23

18th Reading 22 4 3 2 12 8 1 5 7 13 24 23

19th Watford 23 5 3 5 34 32 1 2 7 12 27 23

20th Bradford 23 5 3 5 24 22 0 3 7 7 18 21

21st Gillingham 23 1 5 4 12 15 3 3 7 13 16 20

22nd Coventry 23 3 2 8 11 14 2 2 6 16 21 19

23rd Preston 22 3 2 5 14 15 1 1 10 6 22 15

24th Wimbledon 23 2 2 8 13 27 2 0 9 8 24 14

</pre>

January 2002

“You’re a bit early this month.â€

“Yes sir, I am.â€

“Why?â€

“Because I wanted to inform you Mr. Brown, that you are the last non-Alliance staffer or player to be associated with West Ham. We have just sold Etherington to Leicester.â€

“Should I be frightened by this news?â€

“No, Mr. Chairman, you shouldn’t. Unfortunately, we can’t get rid of you, either publicly or privately.â€

“Ah good.â€

“But, you will remain out of sight and under arrest until the team makes back to the Premier Division.â€

“And, how long might that be?â€

“Could be as early as July sir. West Ham are now in the playoff hunt, sitting in 5th place.â€

“So, now it’s in my best interest to hope West Ham under your regime does well?â€

Yes, we like that.â€

“Bastard.â€

“Yup, we are. The Alliance is determined to take over the Premier, and Europe too, if we can manage it.â€

“Robert the Bruce and Napoleon in one? You’re mad,â€

“We simply aim to be longer-lasting than the Scottish colony of Caledonia.â€

“I don’t understand your reference.â€

“Spend the next month reading Scottish history. See you in late February.â€

Cheers Spav icon_smile.gif

February 2002

“I wouldn’t have believed it possible.â€

“Believed what Mr. Chairman?â€

“That your team of bastard mercenaries could be in second placee.â€

“Ah, yes, we are, with a record of 20 wins, 8 ties and 6 losses.

“How can that be possible?â€

“Very simple sir, our French players now speak the King’s English. In addition, most of the members of the first team are veterans trying to hang onto their jobs. We’ve already sold off a number of Alliance players simply to cut payroll. The most notable of those deals was sending Hutchinson to Southampton for 2M pounds.“

“I see. I never thought it would work, but you’ve managed it somehow.â€

“Thank you sir, given your previous comments, that is high praise. But, we’re still keeping you under house arrest.â€

“Why?â€

“As an Englishman, you are a liability and embarrassment to the Alliance.â€

“I see.â€

“So, we’ll keep you here. If it’s any colsolation, we’ll let you free if we can ever find a French or Scottish CEO.â€

“Ok, I can’t really complain too much about my treatment,â€

“We do try to be civilized, we’re not barbarians at the gate- not yet anyway.â€

Cheers, it's always good to know that people are reading.

March 2002

"Well Mr. Chairman, there are only six games left in the season."

"Really? I hadn't nocticed."

"There's no need for sarcasm sir."

"And why not?"

"Because the Alliance will release you if West Ham make the Prem next season as you well know."

"Your house arrest has dulled my memory, refresh it, what is West Ham's record?"

"We are second in Divsion One with 22 wins, 11 draws and 7 losses."

"Ah, and who have you gotten rid of this month?"

"We sold a couple of players, Butter and Meyerlou on frees. If you give a player away for free, you're no longer liable for the player's contract."

"I see, and who have you accquired?"

"A couple of Scottish youth prospects. We're more interested in getting rid of the players who are in their mid-30s right now. They won't be able to provide much help next year and it would be too expensive to release them. So, we give them away."

"Not a bad idea actually."

"It works because alot of those players came to us as free agents, costing us only a signing bomus."

"I see."

"Yeah, at any rate, unless we lose our winning form in the next six games we should be promoted next season. It's been a pleasure knowing you Mr. Chairman. With any luck, this will be our last conversation."

"It's not been a pleasure knowing you."

"Likewise sir."

Cheers Mark icon_smile.gif

May 2002

The manager stepped out of the elevator, waited for the doors to close and taped a note onto the slick metal.

"Dear Mr. Chairman,

If you read this, then you realize we have set you free. West Ham will be playing in the Premier in the 02/03 season. To be honest, the Alliance was not sure that West Ham would make it. Since our last conversation in late March, the team went into a late-season swoon and finished fourth in the regular season. The first playoff game was against Norwich. They won in the first leg 2-0. Elimination seemed assured and we went back to Upton Park with heavy hearts. However, in our best game of the season. West Ham scored 4 goals and got a hat-trick from Boutal to shock Norwich and advance to the playoff final. West Ham then dispatched West Bromwich Albion 3-1. In June, several older players will be leaving. We also had to cancel the Bosman on Gary Smith as he tore his ACL. So, you see, we achieved our first objective. Now, it's time to start prreparing for West Ham's Alliance assult on the Premier. "

The manager walked down the opulant hallway. The Alliance had spared no expense in keeping the Chairman comfortable in his house arrest. The manager reached the door of the apartment and quietly unlocked the door. He then turned and headed down the stairs at the other end of the hall. He had things to do and horizons to visit.

West Ham United - Thursday 30th May 2002

2001/2 Senior Club Stats

26 Algerino, Jimmy 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 7.50

14 Barré, Mickaël 8 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 6.38

1 Baxter, Lee 5 0 9 0 0 0 0 0 7.20

13 Biancarelli, André 39 0 31 0 0 0 1 2 7.26

24 Bouger, Bernard 26 (2) 5 0 0 3 1 0 3 7.36

8 Boutal, Samuel 32 (9) 16 0 0 2 1 0 2 7.15

- Brevett, Rufus - - - - - - - - ----

4 Casanova, Laurent 2 (2) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.25

25 Cleland, Alec 26 2 0 0 3 1 0 0 6.85

18 Cyprien, Jean-Pierre 25 (1) 1 0 0 2 2 0 0 6.73

6 Dailly, Christian 47 2 0 0 3 7 0 2 6.91

33 Gravelaine, Xavier 26 (4) 10 0 2 (2) 2 1 1 2 7.07

35 Huysman, Nicolas 14 (4) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.28

22 Inglis, John 15 (2) 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.82

29 Jackson, Chris 9 (3) 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 7.17

17 Madar, Mickaël 11 (5) 4 0 0 2 1 0 1 7.00

38 Marsiglia, Mickaël 7 (3) 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 6.50

20 McAllister, Brian 37 0 0 0 2 7 0 2 7.05

7 McAllister, Gary 31 (2) 2 0 0 6 2 0 0 6.73

9 McGrillen, Paul 1 (2) 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.67

34 McKnight, Paul 3 (2) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.20

31 Middleton, Gary 1 (1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.50

- Migliore, Stephen - - - - - - - - ----

10 Mondafu, Gabriel 3 (2) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

- Murray, Hugh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

12 O'Donoghue, Ross 7 (1) 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 6.63

30 Pierre, Pascal 13 (1) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.29

- Potter, Craig 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

3 Rott, Yannick 11 1 0 0 0 3 0 0 7.00

16 Schille, Cédric 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

28 Shaw, George 32 (1) 9 0 1 (1) 2 0 0 1 7.18

2 Tatarian, Frédéric 12 (1) 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 6.38

5 Thétis, Manuel 10 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.50

32 Thomas, Kevin 1 (1) 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

40 Viaud, Laurent 34 2 0 0 4 11 0 1 7.06

19 Young, Scott 19 5 0 0 3 1 0 2 7.32

English First Division - Thursday 30th May 2002

2001/2 Table

1st C Sunderland 46 19 2 2 55 15 8 10 5 29 31 93

2nd P Cardiff 46 18 3 2 59 27 8 7 8 37 37 88

3rd Derby 46 15 4 4 45 22 11 6 6 31 29 88

4th P West Ham 46 15 4 4 29 12 10 8 5 35 28 87

5th Norwich 46 15 4 4 32 17 9 7 7 42 41 83

6th W.B.A. 46 17 3 3 47 15 7 4 12 33 39 79

7th Millwall 46 17 2 4 49 29 7 4 12 33 40 78

8th Wigan 46 14 3 6 41 30 9 3 11 26 28 75

9th Nottm Forest 46 13 6 4 37 20 7 6 10 24 29 72

10th Watford 46 12 5 6 59 47 7 5 11 33 44 67

11th Stoke 46 11 8 4 35 25 7 5 11 25 35 67

12th Crystal Palace 46 11 9 3 48 33 7 2 14 28 44 65

13th Burnley 46 12 7 4 42 26 4 9 10 39 53 64

14th Sheff Utd 46 10 8 5 37 25 6 3 14 33 48 59

15th Reading 46 12 3 8 41 32 2 9 12 26 43 54

16th Bradford 46 11 4 8 40 35 3 8 12 28 43 54

17th Ipswich 46 7 9 7 37 38 6 5 12 34 44 53

18th Rotherham 46 12 6 5 36 26 1 7 15 20 42 52

19th Gillingham 46 8 8 7 33 30 4 4 15 18 34 48

20th Walsall 46 8 6 9 41 41 5 3 15 26 52 48

21st Coventry 46 6 5 12 25 26 6 4 13 37 43 45

22nd R Crewe 46 8 6 9 44 42 4 2 17 28 53 44

23rd R Preston 46 10 3 10 43 36 2 3 18 19 51 42

24th R Wimbledon 46 4 6 13 28 50 3 0 20 15 52 27

</pre>

Off Season

Internal Alliance Memo

West Ham are in good shape financially. The manager did not spend much on transers in the off-season. The players he did accquire were mostly youth prospects that are one or two seasons away from contributing to the first team. Most of the older veterans remain, despite our best attempts to force them to retire. Once the veterans leave, the manager intends to call up a few more players from the reserves to fill thier slots. We have just finished traing camp and are preparing to play or first Premier League game under the Alliance regime. Enclosed is a squad list. Only the first team have been issused uniform numbers.

The fans are umpatient for a title, but the Alliance board belive that it would be an achievment just to stay at this level. Therefore, our plans are to avoid relegation. Then we anticipate mid-table finishes the next two seasons. Then, having buit a hung tranfer fund chest, we will aggressively challenge the top teams in year 3 or 4.

West Ham United - Wednesday 7th August 2002

Squad

No Name Position(s) Nat Born Age Caps Gls Wages Expires Value

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Adam, Stephane S C FRA 15.5.69 33 - - £850K 1.6.04 £975K

2 Algerino, Jimmy D RC FRA 28.10.71 30 - - £575K 17.6.05 £1.5M

32 Barré, Mickaël D LC FRA 31.8.74 27 - - £400K 7.6.06 £750K

- Baxter, Lee GK SCO 17.6.76 26 - - £350K 17.6.06 £1.6M

1 Biancarelli, André GK FRA 11.3.70 32 - - £575K 17.6.06 £1.8M

- Bono, Grégory D C FRA 19.3.81 21 - - £130K 17.6.07 £475K

27 Bouger, Bernard F LC FRA 9.1.70 32 - - £220K 7.6.04 £900K

26 Boutal, Samuel F RC FRA 22.11.69 32 - - £475K 28.5.04 £1.4M

- Carmignani, Simon D R FRA 27.1.82 20 - - £275K 28.6.06 £1M

28 Cleland, Alec D R SCO 10.12.70 31 - - £375K 17.6.04 £725K

- Courts, Thomas D LC SCO 10.8.81 20 - - £65K 17.6.07 £425K

- Creaney, Philip AM C SCO 12.2.83 19 - - £35K 13.6.05 £1.3M

17 Cyprien, Jean-Pierre D C FRA 12.2.69 33 1 - £575K 17.6.05 £0

- D'Amico, Denis D/DM L FRA 19.4.83 19 - - £160K 28.6.05 £675K

6 Dailly, Christian D/DM C SCO 23.10.73 28 35 2 £825K 1.6.05 £3.2M

- Dureuil, Rémy AM C FRA 16.5.81 21 - - £90K 28.6.06 £1.3M

- Faubert, Julien D R FRA 1.8.83 19 - - £90K 21.6.05 £625K

- Ferguson, Steven AM C SCO 18.5.77 25 - - £400K 28.6.06 £525K

- Fisher, John D C SCO 19.1.84 18 - - £30K 28.6.05 £600K

7 Gravelaine, Xavier F RC FRA 5.10.68 33 4 - £650K 28.6.04 £0

31 Hinchcliffe, Craig GK SCO 5.5.72 30 - - £5K 7.6.06 £350K

- Howie, Willie AM C SCO 9.7.82 20 - - £40K 19.6.07 £600K

21 Huysman, Nicolas M LC FRA 9.2.68 34 - - £375K 23.6.04 £0

12 Jackson, Chris M C SCO 29.10.73 28 - - £375K 13.6.06 £1.2M

- Leask, Moray S C SCO 2.10.79 22 - - £180K 28.6.06 £1.9M

11 Madar, Mickaël S C FRA 8.5.68 34 3 1 £625K 23.6.04 £0

- Marsiglia, Mickaël M C FRA 25.12.75 26 - - £400K 23.6.06 £1.8M

3 McAllister, Brian D LC SCO 30.11.70 31 3 - £550K 17.6.05 £925K

4 McAllister, Gary M C SCO 25.12.64 37 57 5 £950K 28.6.04 £0

30 McGrillen, Paul F LC SCO 19.8.71 30 - - £375K 27.6.05 £1.2M

- Mémin, Frédéric AM LC FRA 13.12.79 22 - - £16K 3.6.05 £850K

- Middleton, Gary F C SCO 1.10.82 19 - - £275K 25.6.05 £1.9M

- Migliore, Stephen M C FRA 26.8.83 18 - - £130K 28.6.06 £650K

- Mondafu, Gabriel S C FRA 18.5.77 25 - - £375K 26.6.07 £2M

- Murray, Grant D/DM RC SCO 29.8.75 26 - - £450K 6.6.07 £950K

- Murray, Hugh M RC SCO 8.1.79 23 - - £130K 9.6.07 £1.7M

- O'Donoghue, Ross M C SCO 9.2.83 19 - - £275K 20.6.05 £1.6M

- Potter, Craig D/DM R SCO 12.1.80 22 - - £45K 2.6.07 £1M

33 Rott, Yannick D/DM L FRA 27.9.74 27 - - £475K 20.6.06 £1.2M

- Sahnoun, Nicolas D/DM RC FRA 3.9.80 21 - - £85K 21.6.07 £725K

- Sarrea, Vincent José SW/D C FRA 5.3.83 19 - - £30K 4.6.05 £600K

- Schille, Cédric GK FRA 8.11.75 26 - - £350K 9.6.06 £775K

9 Shaw, George S C SCO 10.2.69 33 - - £375K 25.5.04 £0

- Smyth, Mark D R SCO 21.8.83 18 - - £95K 21.6.06 £875K

29 Tatarian, Frédéric SW/D/DM RC FRA 30.12.70 31 - - £450K 8.6.05 £750K

5 Thétis, Manuel D C FRA 5.11.71 30 - - £375K 17.6.04 £625K

- Thomas, Kevin F RC SCO 25.4.75 27 - - £375K 25.6.06 £2.2M

- Van Reusel, Christophe D/DM RLC FRA 18.2.83 19 - - £130K 10.6.05 £1M

25 Viaud, Laurent DM C FRA 8.10.69 32 - - £375K 28.6.04 £1M

8 Young, Scott M C SCO 5.4.77 25 - - £375K 28.6.07 £1.3M

</pre>

August/September 2002

Internal memo

West Ham is playing above anyone's reasonable expectations. They are in 8th place in the Premier. However, the results have been inconsistant. There were blow-out losses to Everton and Southhampton. There have also been epectacular victories against Manchester United and Arsenal (a wild 4-3 win at Highbury). The team is slowing gelling and could become very competitive in the middle and late stages of the season. So far, in other competions, West Ham easily beat Torquay on the road to advance to the third round of the League Cup. They will face Kidderminster on the road. The League Cup and the FA Cup should provide ample oppertunities for the backup first-team players to get playing time. This will be vital late in the season when fixtures start to mount.

West Ham has been sparked by the acquistion of young Hearts defender Andy Webster. Webster, a 22 year old who has been capped for Scotland's B Team, has stabilized the defense since his arrival, averaging five tackles a game. We are also in talks with Hibs to land 19 yr old forward Gary O'Conner. The latest offer is 10 million pounds to be paid out over 6 months. O'Conner is a talented forward who willl have an immediate impact for us, if we can accquire him.

October 2002

A dark dingy pub deep in the heart of London

"So tell me Mr. Chairman, how's freedon?"

"Very well. I discovered the door was unlocked at about 10 am."

"Ah so about a couple of hours after I had unlocked it. I see you're doing well."

"Yes, I'm slowly rebuilding my bussinesses."

"Plus, you still have your stock that the Alliance didn't buy up."

"Yes, and I must say that investment is doing poorly."

"Well, we are spending a bit of momey on players. We just acquired Jamie Smith from Celtic for 3.2M pounds."

"And why him? It's rumored that he has "personal problems." Seems a bit of a risk."

"Well, he's young and motivated. Besides, forwards tend to be overvalued. It's impossible to find good forwars for cheap."

"True, I must also ask how the team is doing in the Premier?"

"We've slipped a bit. West Ham is sitting in 10th place and we've lost a couple in a row."

"Why?"

"Well sir, the roster is not particularly good. It's mostly fat old duffers earning a paycheck. We have virtually no offense, which is why we're trying to purchuse forwards."

"I see, so West Ham may be relegated, I'll keep hoping that you and your Alliance pals will be sacked."

"Well, sir, you're entitled to your opinion, but we're not in danager of that just yet."

"We shall see."

"Yes we will. I'll pay your tab and then see you next month."

November 2002 through January 2003

"I see that West Ham is now struggling."

"Yes sir, we are."

"I knew it would catch up to you eventually."

"Well, 14th place and five points above relegation isn't too bad."

"Ha"

"We are taking prventative measures at the moment. We slashed the payroll from 16 million pounds to 10 million pounds in one month. We released all the duffers who were there for the fat paychecks. We called up a few players from the reserves who will get first team action threough the second half."

"Ah, and the state of the finances?"

"Not good, our Stalinist purge put us five million in the red."

"Heh, you couldn't run a meat pie stand."

"I deserve the insult Mr. Chairman, but I have my reasons for putting the club into debt."

"Such as?"

"For starters, once season ticket revenue and TV money arrive in the off-season, the finances will be in good shape. Secondly, this good young core will play together for a couple of seasons, meaning that West Ham will have an experienced team in two to three seasons that is ready to challeng the big five clubs. Thirdly, holding the line on slary adds to the bank balance and allows for flexibility when signing new pieces of the puzzle or resigning our own players."

"I see. But, the board is not happy you've put them in debt."

"No they aren't. However, they are willing to work with the debt load."

"I see. So this half-season report you're giving me is out of date?"

'Yes, it's accurate through the halfway mark of the year, but the housecleaning began shortly thereafter. It acually began with the sale of Dailly for 2.8 million and the signing of Scots wonderkind Jim Paterson for 7.2 million.

"That's alot of money to spend on one player."

"Yes sir, but it will be worth it."

"So you say. Well, we will see how February, March and April go won't we?"

"Yes Mr. Chairman, we will."

West Ham United - Saturday 21st December 2002

2002/3 Senior Club Stats

10 Adam, Stephane 15 (2) 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.88

2 Algerino, Jimmy 13 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.69

32 Barré, Mickaël 12 (1) 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 6.54

13 Baxter, Lee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

1 Biancarelli, André 19 0 23 0 0 0 0 0 7.32

- Bono, Grégory - - - - - - - - ----

26 Boutal, Samuel 10 (1) 3 0 0 0 2 0 0 6.73

- Courts, Thomas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

17 Cyprien, Jean-Pierre 11 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 6.73

- Ferguson, Steven 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

31 Hinchcliffe, Craig 3 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

- Howie, Willie 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

21 Huysman, Nicolas 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.25

12 Jackson, Chris 7 (4) 4 0 1 (1) 1 3 0 1 6.55

11 Madar, Mickaël 12 (1) 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 6.62

- Marsiglia, Mickaël 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

3 McAllister, Brian 10 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 6.50

4 McAllister, Gary 18 1 0 0 3 1 0 1 6.94

30 McGrillen, Paul 2 (1) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.33

- Middleton, Gary 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Mondafu, Gabriel 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Murray, Grant 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Murray, Hugh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- O'Donoghue, Ross 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Paterson, Jim 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

20 Pressley, Steven 8 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 7.63

33 Rott, Yannick 11 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.82

- Sahnoun, Nicolas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

9 Shaw, George 9 (2) 2 0 1 (1) 0 1 0 0 6.73

16 Smith, Jamie 8 (3) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.82

- Smyth, Mark 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

29 Tatarian, Frédéric 11 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.36

- Thomas, Kevin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

25 Viaud, Laurent 11 (2) 2 0 0 0 4 0 1 7.23

- Vieira, Roland - - - - - - - - ----

5 Webster, Andy 10 0 0 0 0 3 1 1 6.50

8 Young, Scott 11 (1) 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 6.58

English Premier Division - Saturday 21st December 2002

2002/3 Table

1st Liverpool 19 9 1 1 18 3 5 2 1 15 5 45

2nd Chelsea 18 9 1 0 18 1 2 5 1 7 5 39

3rd Arsenal 19 8 1 1 20 4 4 2 3 11 9 39

4th Man Utd 19 5 1 2 14 6 5 3 3 14 10 34

5th Birmingham 19 6 4 1 20 10 2 2 4 2 7 30

6th Blackburn 19 6 3 2 18 9 2 2 4 11 13 29

7th Newcastle 19 5 2 1 16 6 3 1 7 15 19 27

8th Southampton 19 4 3 1 15 6 2 5 4 8 14 26

9th Leeds 19 7 2 2 20 12 0 3 5 5 11 26

10th Portsmouth 18 6 3 0 15 6 1 2 6 4 11 26

11th Wolves 19 7 1 3 14 6 1 1 6 5 15 26

12th Everton 19 4 3 1 12 7 3 2 6 5 14 26

13th West Ham 19 4 3 4 10 9 3 1 4 7 14 25

14th Fulham 18 4 1 2 7 4 2 3 6 10 14 22

15th Sunderland 19 4 5 2 11 7 1 1 6 2 16 21

16th Tottenham 19 5 3 1 13 7 0 2 8 3 21 20

17th Leicester 19 3 4 1 11 8 1 1 9 5 21 17

18th Charlton 18 3 3 2 9 8 0 4 6 7 17 16

19th Middlesbrough 19 3 1 4 8 9 0 4 7 8 22 14

20th Cardiff 19 2 2 6 6 18 0 1 8 2 17 9

</pre>

May 2003

"Well the good news is that we surivived the season. We finished in 14th place."

"And the bad news?"

"West Ham is in recievership. We are currently 21 million pounds in debt, not to mention the fact that the Safety Commision closed off a section of stands."

"HeHe, not doing so well are we?"

"Well sir, we surivived the year, which is all the Alliance really wanted. Furthermore, we have a good young core of players in place for coming seasons. And, if we're lucky, someone will bail us out of debt."

"Not bloody likely."

"Well, Mr. Chairman, you best hope that someone ddoes, or your shares will remain worthless."

"That's true. So what are your plans for the off-season?"

"We are going to try to add a few Frenchman with playing experience to the first team, which will add a bit of balance. We need anoother French defender, two midfielders and a forward in order to have the desired 50/50 mix."

"Sounds like a cocktail"

"In a way it is, but unfortunately, wine drinkers have prevailed in the dressing-room."

"Heh."

"I'm certainly glad I made the decison to release all the old farts at once. It put the club in debt, but the young players were able to win a few more ballgames than their elders."

"I see, so why not write up the tale for that FM Stories challenge?"

"Well sir, that challenge is out of date, and besides, no one would belive me..truth is stranger than fiction."

West Ham United - Sunday 18th May 2003

2002/3 Senior Club Stats

- Allemany, Yohann - - - - - - - - ----

- Baldé, Boubacar - - - - - - - - ----

24 Bannerman, Scott 14 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.64

32 Barré, Mickaël 17 (1) 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 6.44

13 Baxter, Lee 7 0 6 0 0 0 1 1 7.14

- Campbell, Gordon - - - - - - - - ----

12 Carmignani, Simon 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.00

- Clarke, David 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

26 Curren, Lee 11 2 0 0 0 3 0 0 6.64

6 Ferguson, Steven 6 (4) 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.90

- Grégori, Sébastien 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

31 Hinchcliffe, Craig 10 (1) 0 17 0 0 0 0 0 6.55

17 Howie, Willie 7 (1) 3 0 0 1 1 0 1 6.50

- Le Bris, Ludovic - - - - - - - - ----

- McDermott, Alan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

30 McGrillen, Paul 15 (2) 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 6.76

19 Mémin, Frédéric 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.60

18 Mondafu, Gabriel 14 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.71

- Monin, Sammy 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

15 Murray, Grant 7 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6.43

21 Murray, Hugh 4 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 6.25

- Oroque, Jean-Marc 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

14 Paterson, Jim 22 1 0 0 8 1 0 2 7.32

- Planus, Marc 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Plessis, Guillaume - - - - - - - - ----

20 Pressley, Steven 27 1 0 0 2 7 0 2 7.30

- Romao, Alexys 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

33 Rott, Yannick 16 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.69

25 Sahnoun, Nicolas 13 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.85

22 Shields, Dean 9 4 0 0 1 1 0 2 7.33

16 Smith, Jamie 26 (5) 6 0 0 3 1 0 1 6.84

- Smyth, Mark 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Tordo, Sébastien - - - - - - - - ----

23 Vieira, Roland 5 (1) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.50

5 Webster, Andy 28 0 0 0 1 5 1 2 6.61

8 Young, Scott 28 (3) 4 0 0 4 3 0 1 6.61

English Premier Division - Sunday 18th May 2003

2002/3 Table

1st C Liverpool 38 16 2 1 32 5 9 7 3 26 12 84

2nd Man Utd 38 13 4 2 42 14 11 4 4 30 15 80

3rd Chelsea 38 15 3 1 30 5 7 11 1 20 12 80

4th Arsenal 38 16 2 1 44 9 7 6 6 23 18 77

5th Blackburn 38 13 3 3 37 16 8 4 7 27 23 70

6th Newcastle 38 12 5 2 33 16 8 1 10 28 27 66

7th Fulham 38 14 3 2 30 12 3 4 12 14 32 58

8th Southampton 38 13 4 2 39 10 3 5 11 14 29 57

9th Birmingham 38 8 8 3 29 17 4 8 7 9 16 52

10th Portsmouth 38 10 6 3 31 17 4 4 11 13 24 52

11th Leeds 38 11 5 3 35 21 2 4 13 17 35 48

12th Everton 38 8 7 4 27 18 4 4 11 11 28 47

13th Leicester 38 8 9 2 23 13 2 4 13 11 34 43

14th West Ham 38 9 3 7 20 15 4 1 14 13 38 43

15th Sunderland 38 7 7 5 19 14 1 7 11 8 31 38

16th Wolves 38 9 2 8 19 15 2 2 15 11 38 37

17th Middlesbrough 38 7 5 7 18 20 1 6 12 12 35 35

18th R Charlton 38 6 6 7 18 19 1 6 12 14 33 33

19th R Tottenham 38 8 5 6 22 24 0 4 15 6 39 33

20th R Cardiff 38 2 5 12 10 34 0 2 17 7 39 13

</pre>

Off-Season

"Well sir, we finally go the receivers out the door."

"And how do that happen?"

"The TV money and season ticket sales rolled the debt back up to "only" 10 million pounds."

"That's still a heavy debt load. How do you propose to ease it in he 03/04 season?"

"Well Mr. Chairman, we hope to finish between 10-15 place in the Premier. That, combined with a couple of good Cup runs should help. We also cut payroll down to around 10 million pounds."

"I see, and did you have to gut the roster to achive this?"

"No sir, not really. We signed a few cheap vetereans who will see some playing time on the first team. Mostly, however, we're going to be relying on youth prospects. Generally speaking, we don't have a true superstar on the roster. Smith and Presley would be rocognizable to Scottish fans, but I doubt they're known in England. As for French players, I doubt most of them are known in France."

"Ah, the debt must make it difficult to buy impact players."

"It does, but the board has authorized 3/4 of a million for transers, so we can buy youth prospects. That's the key, buying 19 and 20 year old players who only need a season or two of time in the reserves before breaking into the first team."

"Hmm, I also noctice that you've overhauled the coaching staff."

"Yes sir, we have. I hired six new coaches, three French and three Scots to rejuvinate the team. All the coavhes are able to work well with youth. It should be a fun year. Hopeully, by 04/05 West Ham should be able to start spending money on impact players. Of course, we'll take all the Bosmans we can get as well. Here is a list of the players. If they have a squad number, that means thay are on the first team squad."

"I see"

"So, Mr. Chairman, I will see you in late September."

"mmm"

West Ham United - Saturday 16th August 2003

Squad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Allemany, Yohann SW/D C FRA 17.3.83 20 - - £40K 2.6.08 £600K

- Bald, William GK SCO 22.8.83 19 - - £50K 24.6.08 £300K

- Baldé, Boubacar S C FRA 11.2.86 17 - - £35K 28.6.06 £1M

19 Bannerman, Scott F LC SCO 21.3.79 24 - - £50K 3.6.08 £2.4M

3 Barré, Mickaël D LC FRA 31.8.74 28 - - £400K 7.6.06 £900K

1 Baxter, Lee GK SCO 17.6.76 27 - - £350K 17.6.06 £1.7M

- Bono, Grégory D C FRA 19.3.81 22 - - £130K 17.6.07 £1.1M

- Campbell, Gordon D/DM RC SCO 26.11.85 17 - - £40K 23.6.07 £575K

- Carmignani, Simon D R FRA 27.1.82 21 - - £275K 28.6.06 £1.2M

- Clarke, David DM LC SCO 22.6.83 20 - - £70K 27.6.08 £1.2M

22 Coridon, Charles-Edouard F RC FRA 9.4.73 30 - - £500K 1.6.06 £2.7M

- Courts, Thomas D LC SCO 10.8.81 22 - - £65K 17.6.07 £1.1M

- Creaney, Philip AM C SCO 12.2.83 20 - - £35K 13.6.05 £1M

- Curren, Lee M C SCO 22.10.82 20 - - £55K 28.6.08 £1.2M

24 Devaux, Jean-Christophe SW/D C FRA 16.5.75 28 - - £400K 1.6.08 £1.3M

- Dureuil, Rémy AM C FRA 16.5.81 22 - - £90K 28.6.06 £1.7M

- Faubert, Julien D R FRA 1.8.83 20 - - £90K 21.6.05 £575K

17 Ferguson, Steven AM C SCO 18.5.77 26 - - £400K 28.6.06 £1.7M

- Fisher, John D C SCO 19.1.84 19 - - £30K 28.6.05 £600K

12 Friio, David M C FRA 17.2.73 30 - - £500K 3.6.06 £1.1M

- Grégori, Sébastien AM RC FRA 6.4.81 22 - - £160K 24.6.08 £1.4M

- Howie, Willie AM C SCO 9.7.82 21 - - £40K 19.6.07 £1.8M

16 Keogh, Liam S C SCO 6.9.81 21 - - £500K 19.6.08 £1.5M

- Le Bris, Ludovic S C FRA 21.11.84 18 - - £300K 5.6.07 £1.3M

- MacDonald, Jordan D L SCO 7.9.82 20 - - £50K 19.6.08 £325K

- McDermott, Alan D C IRL 22.1.82 21 - - £50K 9.6.07 £450K

20 Mémin, Frédéric AM LC FRA 13.12.79 23 - - £16K 3.6.05 £850K

- Middleton, Gary F C SCO 1.10.82 20 - - £275K 25.6.05 £1.6M

- Migliore, Stephen M C FRA 26.8.83 19 - - £130K 28.6.06 £1M

25 Mondafu, Gabriel S C FRA 18.5.77 26 - - £375K 26.6.07 £3.2M

- Monin, Sammy GK FRA 3.11.79 23 - - £50K 10.6.08 £550K

4 Murray, Hugh M RC SCO 8.1.79 24 - - £130K 9.6.07 £1.9M

21 Murray, Neil DM RC SCO 21.2.73 30 - - £70K 16.6.06 £425K

- O'Donoghue, Ross M C SCO 9.2.83 20 - - £275K 20.6.05 £1.2M

26 Paoli, Basile M C FRA 16.1.78 25 - - £400K 7.6.08 £1M

11 Paterson, Jim D/AM LC SCO 25.9.79 23 - - £575K 17.6.08 £5M

- Planus, Marc D RC FRA 7.3.82 21 - - £160K 23.6.08 £1.1M

- Plessis, Guillaume DM C FRA 16.1.85 18 - - £35K 28.6.06 £1.4M

- Potter, Craig D/DM R SCO 12.1.80 23 - - £45K 2.6.07 £1.5M

6 Pressley, Steven D RC SCO 11.10.73 29 13 - £575K 18.6.06 £2.9M

23 Rott, Yannick D/DM L FRA 27.9.74 28 - - £475K 20.6.06 £1.4M

33 Sahnoun, Nicolas D/DM RC FRA 3.9.80 22 - - £85K 21.6.07 £1.8M

- Sarrea, Vincent José SW/D C FRA 5.3.83 20 - - £30K 4.6.05 £475K

13 Schille, Cédric GK FRA 8.11.75 27 - - £350K 9.6.06 £875K

- Shields, Dean S C SCO 16.9.82 20 - - £250K 5.6.08 £1.9M

27 Smith, Jamie AM/F RC SCO 20.11.78 24 2 - £400K 6.6.08 £3.2M

45 Smyth, Mark D R SCO 21.8.83 19 - - £95K 21.6.06 £1.1M

- Tordo, Sébastien F RC FRA 10.1.84 19 - - £40K 5.6.07 £1.6M

28 Vieira, Roland S C FRA 16.8.79 24 - - £50K 12.6.07 £2.2M

32 Webster, Andy D C SCO 16.3.80 23 - - £425K 1.6.07 £1.2M

</pre>

September 2003

"Ok, so West Ham isn't playing all that well."

"And I'm so glad of that. What's your record?"

"There's no need to be nassty sir. Our record is 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses- good for 10th place."

"Ah, but you were in the relegation zone were you not?"

"Yeah well, we had a ton of injuries to start off the season. The Thurdays practice before Opening Day saw four starters get injured. We're just now beginning to round into form."

"I see, but the finances are not good."

"No Mr. Chairman, they are not. West Ham is still nearly 9 million pounds in debt, but your board brethren have kindly put in 1.2 million into the coffers."

"Have they, I must have a talk with them. They are clearly being irresponsible."

"We are trying to prove that the Alliance can field a competitive team in the Prem. The debt has cause us more than you may realize. We lost a chance to get both Mark Kerr and Gary O'Conner because we couldn't afford the bids."

"Heh"

"So, yes, sir, we are not the brest right now. I am confident we can turn things around."

I'll be hoping that you Alliance bastards are relegated."

"Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but any more lip and you'll be elected an FMS mod."

"Huh, what?"

"You heard me right sir, a FMS mod. It's a thankless job, dealing with complaints and idiots. It's worse than house arrest."

"Really"

"Yeah, if you were a mod, you'd gain an appreciation of your freedom if you had to do that job."

"mmm"

"At any rate, see you in November."

"It won't be a pleasure"

"Well sir, I wasn't intending for it to be."

Cheers Attjen icon_smile.gif

November 2003

"HA HA HA"

"It's not funny sir"

"Yes it is. That threat was nothing. I could handle all those geeks."

"Maybe, until you met PM or Charlie."

"Who's Charlie?"

"An alias."

"So sad. Some people just don't have lives."

Anyway sir, I didn't come here to talk about FMS. I came to talk about West Ham."

"I know you did, I'm still thier chairman after all. I also know the prognosis is not good and I don't want to hear it."

"Really, I would have thought it would give you cause for joy."

"Uusually yes, but not when the club is 11 million pounds in debt."

"Well sir, that's just the finances."

"eh?"

"It's worse that that. First, the Health Ispector closed down another section of stand."

"Did they, what's the capacity?

"A bit over 28,000."

"We did better in Divsion One."

"Yes sir, but we had money back then."

"Yes, what else is wrong?"

"The practice facilities are crumbling, just like Upton Park and some prima donnas are whining."

"So get rid of them. You put yourself into the mess."

"Yes sir I did, but I thought things would improve."

"Evidently it hasn't."

"No it hasn't and now I have to hope that the Alliance find another chairman who can clear the slate."

"I won't miss you."

"Likewise Mr. Chairman, by the way, our record is five wins, two draws and nine losses, which is good for 15th place in the Prem."

"I relish your struggles."

"May I just say sir, that U hope you die a painful death? See you in January."

January 2004

"Well, it's been rather up and down for us lately."

"How so?"

"The mid-season report will show that we were stuck in the relegation zone at that point."

"You're not still there?"

"Was that a note of glee in your voice sir?"

"So what if it was?"

"Remember, I can always stick you back under house arrest..."

"I see"

But, the answer to your question is no, we are no longer in the relegation zone. We are in 14th place with an 8 win 4 draw and 12 loss record."

"Medicore"

"Yes Mr. Chairman, it is. However, it is better than being in danger of dropping from the Prem."

"Why would that be?"

"Because most of our stars have a cluase in thier contracts that will make them free agents if West Ham is relegated."

"And why would you allow such a thing?"

"Simple, one: I figure we won't be relegated. Two, if we are, then it automatically cuts the payroll and three, it keeps the superstars from wrecking the clubhouse."

"I see."

"Its worth the risk and it''s a powerful incentive to join the club. In fact, we have seven Bosman signings lined up for the summer already."

"Seven?"

"Yeah. Three French youth prospects, one French first-teamer and three Scots first-teamers."

"Anyone famous in the group?"

"No, not really. Probably the most well-known are Gavin Rae of Rangers and Dundee icon Barry Smith."

"Ah"

"But the most important signing is likely to be prospect Sebastian Grax- a 19 yr old with a golden scoring touch. Lord knows, we need to upgrade the offense. Towards that end, we are trying to land Cisse from Auxterre- the 22 yr old has been capped five times for France and is a world-class taltent. Unfortunately, a couple of big Bundsliga cubs are intrested as well, so there's probably no chance of landing him."

"Never hurts to try."

"No sir, it doesn't. I wish that we could clear up this 12 million dollar debt, but that doesn't seem likely."

"Well, that's your own faualt."

"Yes it is, and I should have anticipated the debt getting worse, not better. But I didn't and now I hope a new chairman comes in soon."

"Well, I hope you rot in hell with your Alliance partners."

"Thank you for your honesty Mr. Chairman. Upton Park is clearly head that way, greased as it was by good intentions. See you in March."

West Ham United - Saturday 20th December 2003

2003/4 Senior Club Stats

50 Bald, William - - - - - - - - ----

19 Bannerman, Scott 12 (1) 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6.46

3 Barré, Mickaël 5 0 0 0 0 2 1 1 6.60

1 Baxter, Lee 10 0 10 0 0 0 0 2 6.80

- Carmignani, Simon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

22 Coridon, Charles-Edouard 16 (2) 7 0 0 1 2 0 2 7.00

- Curren, Lee 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

24 Devaux, Jean-Christophe 11 (1) 2 0 0 0 3 0 0 6.67

17 Ferguson, Steven 3 (4) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6.29

12 Friio, David 9 (1) 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 6.60

- Hind, David 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

14 Howie, Willie 8 (1) 2 0 0 3 0 0 1 6.67

16 Keogh, Liam 8 (3) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.64

- MacDonald, Jordan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

20 Mémin, Frédéric 8 (3) 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 6.55

25 Mondafu, Gabriel 11 (1) 2 0 0 1 2 0 0 6.92

4 Murray, Hugh 6 (2) 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 6.38

21 Murray, Neil 14 (1) 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.80

- Nicol, Kevin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

26 Paoli, Basile 4 (4) 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 6.63

11 Paterson, Jim 17 (1) 1 0 0 2 2 0 0 7.11

6 Pressley, Steven 11 1 0 0 0 5 1 0 7.09

23 Rott, Yannick 3 (1) 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 7.00

33 Sahnoun, Nicolas 9 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6.44

13 Schille, Cédric 10 0 17 0 0 0 0 0 7.40

- Shields, Dean 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

27 Smith, Jamie 14 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.71

45 Smyth, Mark 12 1 0 1 (1) 1 0 1 1 6.67

28 Vieira, Roland 7 (3) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.70

- Walker, Stephen 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

32 Webster, Andy 12 0 0 1 (0) 0 2 0 1 6.83

English Premier Division - Saturday 20th December 2003

2003/4 Table

1st Liverpool 19 6 2 1 16 4 6 3 1 14 8 41

2nd Chelsea 17 5 3 0 11 2 7 0 2 19 6 39

3rd Arsenal 18 6 2 0 21 8 4 1 5 11 11 33

4th Leicester 19 7 0 2 15 3 3 1 6 10 14 31

5th Birmingham 19 5 3 1 13 7 2 6 2 7 6 30

6th Man Utd 18 6 1 1 10 3 3 1 6 12 17 29

7th Southampton 19 5 2 2 12 7 3 2 5 9 12 28

8th Portsmouth 18 7 0 3 20 13 2 1 5 7 13 28

9th Newcastle 19 4 2 3 19 9 2 6 2 14 15 26

10th Bolton 19 5 2 2 17 9 2 2 6 8 19 25

11th Everton 19 6 1 3 21 15 2 0 7 6 19 25

12th Middlesbrough 19 5 2 3 16 12 2 2 5 6 18 25

13th Fulham 19 6 3 1 11 4 1 1 7 5 20 25

14th Leeds 19 5 2 3 19 10 2 1 6 11 15 24

15th Blackburn 17 4 2 3 15 10 3 1 4 10 13 24

16th Blackpool 18 5 1 4 16 13 1 2 5 8 13 21

17th Sunderland 19 4 1 5 9 11 2 1 6 4 16 20

18th West Ham 19 3 3 4 12 13 2 1 6 8 14 19

19th Wolves 19 0 3 6 3 17 4 1 5 10 17 16

20th Man City 19 3 1 6 11 15 0 3 6 6 21 13

</pre>

March 2004

"This will be a quick conversation sir."

"So much the better."

"West Ham are 17th with 8 wins, 7 draws and 15 losses."

"Ah and the bad news?"

"The club is 13 million pounds in debt."

"Is it and what else has happened?"

"Well Mr. Chairman, we pulled off a coup. We were in dire straits with regard to our forwards. Well we signed D. Cisse."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure what made him finally agree to terms, but he is a substantial upgrade at the forward position."

"I say."

"That signing gives me hope that next season will see us move up to the single digits in the standings. See you at the end of the season."

Cheers Attjen icon_smile.gif

May 2004

"Well, thanks to a hot streak in April, we survived the year."

"Really, how did you do that?"

"Easy sir, I found a player who could captain the side without sucumbing to pressure."

"Really."

"Yeah, it doesn't hurt that Baxter, our goalkeeper, had four MOM in the last two months."

"Wow"

"So we got the few critical wins we needed to stay afloat."

"I see, so much for my dream of West Ham being relegated."

"Well sir, we came close."

"Can't have everything."

"No sir, you can't. Now it's time to restructure the roster for the 04/05 season. See you in late August, before the opener."

West Ham United - Monday 24th May 2004

2003/4 Senior Club Stats

50 Bald, William - - - - - - - - ----

19 Bannerman, Scott 23 (3) 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.31

3 Barré, Mickaël 14 0 0 0 2 3 1 1 6.43

1 Baxter, Lee 23 0 36 0 0 1 0 4 6.83

- Carmignani, Simon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

22 Coridon, Charles-Edouard 25 (3) 8 0 0 2 3 1 2 6.86

18 Curren, Lee 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.50

24 Devaux, Jean-Christophe 17 (2) 3 0 1 (1) 0 4 0 1 6.53

17 Ferguson, Steven 13 (8) 5 0 0 0 2 0 0 6.67

12 Friio, David 19 (5) 0 0 0 3 1 0 0 6.54

14 Howie, Willie 10 (3) 2 0 0 3 0 0 1 6.38

16 Keogh, Liam 12 (4) 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.69

- MacDonald, Jordan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

20 Mémin, Frédéric 17 (4) 1 0 0 5 4 0 0 6.52

25 Mondafu, Gabriel 26 (1) 4 0 0 3 2 0 1 6.85

4 Murray, Hugh 16 (3) 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 6.37

21 Murray, Neil 19 (2) 1 0 0 3 2 0 0 6.81

- Nicol, Kevin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

26 Paoli, Basile 15 (6) 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 6.43

11 Paterson, Jim 29 (1) 1 0 0 3 2 0 0 7.00

6 Pressley, Steven 24 2 0 0 0 8 1 0 6.58

23 Rott, Yannick 11 (2) 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 6.54

33 Sahnoun, Nicolas 22 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 6.36

13 Schille, Cédric 17 0 29 0 0 0 0 0 6.94

27 Smith, Jamie 24 (4) 3 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.57

45 Smyth, Mark 18 2 0 2 (2) 1 0 1 1 6.67

28 Vieira, Roland 19 (6) 4 0 2 (2) 0 0 1 0 6.76

32 Webster, Andy 25 2 0 3 (2) 0 5 0 1 6.68

English Premier Division - Monday 24th May 2004

2003/4 Table

1st C Chelsea 38 12 7 0 28 6 11 3 5 33 15 79

2nd Arsenal 38 14 3 2 42 16 10 2 7 25 19 77

3rd Liverpool 38 14 2 3 32 10 9 6 4 24 21 77

4th Man Utd 38 15 3 1 33 5 7 4 8 22 25 73

5th Portsmouth 38 12 2 5 32 20 8 3 8 22 23 65

6th Birmingham 38 11 6 2 23 9 5 10 4 15 13 64

7th Leicester 38 10 3 6 24 12 9 2 8 24 21 62

8th Blackburn 38 10 5 4 36 18 7 2 10 24 27 58

9th Newcastle 38 9 6 4 31 14 6 6 7 24 29 57

10th Southampton 38 9 5 5 24 17 6 5 8 18 22 55

11th Bolton 38 12 3 4 33 19 4 2 13 12 36 53

12th Leeds 38 9 5 5 40 23 5 4 10 30 34 51

13th Fulham 38 10 4 5 26 17 4 4 11 18 33 50

14th Everton 38 8 3 8 35 35 3 3 13 10 33 39

15th West Ham 38 5 5 9 17 25 5 3 11 24 37 38

16th Sunderland 38 7 3 9 15 20 4 2 13 16 33 38

17th Middlesbrough 38 7 4 8 28 32 2 6 11 11 35 37

18th R Blackpool 38 7 3 9 28 28 1 4 14 12 36 31

19th R Man City 38 7 2 10 23 29 1 4 14 11 41 30

20th R Wolves 38 1 5 13 11 36 5 4 10 16 28 27

</pre>

Preseason 04/05

internal memo

The 04/05 brings a fresh look to the West Ham first team. Most notable is the improvement of the forward position with the addition of Cisse and Ayr forward James Grady. The midfield of Rae, Niccholson, Mathis and Smith will provide for good play. A veteran backline of Paterson, Pressley, Barry Smith and Andy Webster with provide good tackling and heading skills. Goalkeeper lee Baxter will serve as the first-team goalkeeper and will look to build on his form at the end of last season. These players will be capably backed up by a mix of youth and veterans. In short, a 10th place finish would not be out of the question. The board, however, believe the season will be a struggle. It will not take much to impress them.

The key to this offseason was the aquistion of Cisse. The player has sent season tickets and merchandise sales up. This has resulted in West Ham becoming solvent for the first time in a season and a half. If the club does well in the Prem and Cup competitions, look for the 05/06 season to be a cash rich season. All in all, the season looks to be bright.

West Ham United - Sunday 15th August 2004

Squad

- Bald, William GK SCO 22.8.83 20 - - £50K 24.6.08 £875K

- Baldé, Boubacar S C FRA 11.2.86 18 - - £35K 28.6.06 £925K

21 Barré, Mickaël D LC FRA 31.8.74 29 - - £400K 7.6.06 £775K

1 Baxter, Lee GK SCO 17.6.76 28 - - £350K 17.6.06 £1.8M

- Campbell, Gordon D/DM RC SCO 26.11.85 18 - - £40K 23.6.07 £825K

- Carmignani, Simon D R FRA 27.1.82 22 - - £275K 28.6.06 £900K

10 Cissé, Djibril S C FRA 12.8.81 23 5 - £925K 22.5.09 £9.25M

- Collet, Cédric D RC FRA 7.3.84 20 - - £50K 8.5.09 £475K

- Courts, Thomas D LC SCO 10.8.81 23 - - £65K 17.6.07 £1.3M

36 Curren, Lee M C SCO 22.10.82 21 - - £55K 28.6.08 £1.5M

23 Devaux, Jean-Christophe SW/D C FRA 16.5.75 29 - - £400K 1.6.08 £1.1M

32 Dureuil, Rémy AM C FRA 16.5.81 23 - - £90K 28.6.06 £1.2M

- Faubert, Julien D R FRA 1.8.83 21 - - £90K 21.6.05 £475K

- Ferguson, Steven AM C SCO 18.5.77 27 - - £400K 28.6.06 £0

- Fisher, John D C SCO 19.1.84 20 - - £30K 28.6.05 £475K

- Forsyth, Ross D L SCO 15.11.83 20 - - £120K 6.5.09 £700K

- Giacopelli, Romain M RLC FRA 1.3.83 21 - - £75K 28.6.08 £650K

9 Grady, James S C SCO 14.3.71 33 - - £450K 11.5.07 £900K

- Grax, Sébastien S C FRA 23.6.84 20 - - £250K 6.6.08 £1.3M

- Grégori, Sébastien AM RC FRA 6.4.81 23 - - £160K 24.6.08 £150K

- Hind, David D RC SCO 15.2.82 22 - - £45K 14.6.08 £1.2M

- Howie, Willie AM C SCO 9.7.82 22 - - £40K 19.6.07 £2.1M

- Kamara, Abdelhaziz D L FRA 10.4.84 20 - - £100K 15.6.08 £300K

- Keogh, Liam S C SCO 6.9.81 22 - - £500K 19.6.08 £3M

- Le Bris, Ludovic S C FRA 21.11.84 19 - - £300K 5.6.07 £1.7M

34 Mathis, Lionel AM RC FRA 4.10.81 22 - - £675K 24.6.09 £2.7M

29 Mémin, Frédéric AM LC FRA 13.12.79 24 - - £16K 3.6.05 £1.1M

- Middleton, Gary F C SCO 1.10.82 21 - - £275K 25.6.05 £130K

- Migliore, Stephen M C FRA 26.8.83 20 - - £130K 28.6.06 £750K

25 Mondafu, Gabriel S C FRA 18.5.77 27 - - £375K 26.6.07 £3.7M

- Monin, Sammy GK FRA 3.11.79 24 - - £50K 10.6.08 £0

4 Murray, Hugh M RC SCO 8.1.79 25 - - £130K 9.6.07 £1.8M

12 Nicholson, Barry DM RC SCO 24.8.78 25 1 - £500K 24.6.09 £2.7M

- Nicol, Kevin D/DM C SCO 19.1.82 22 - - £60K 21.6.08 £1.6M

11 Paterson, Jim D/AM LC SCO 25.9.79 24 3 - £575K 17.6.08 £6.75M

- Planus, Marc D RC FRA 7.3.82 22 - - £160K 23.6.08 £1.4M

- Plessis, Guillaume DM C FRA 16.1.85 19 - - £35K 28.6.06 £1.2M

6 Pressley, Steven D RC SCO 11.10.73 30 15 1 £575K 18.6.06 £2.3M

3 Rae, Gavin D/M LC SCO 28.11.75 28 2 - £375K 3.6.09 £2.4M

22 Rott, Yannick D/DM L FRA 27.9.74 29 - - £475K 20.6.06 £800K

31 Sahnoun, Nicolas D/DM RC FRA 3.9.80 23 - - £85K 21.6.07 £250K

13 Schille, Cédric GK FRA 8.11.75 28 - - £350K 9.6.06 £1M

- Shields, Dean S C SCO 16.9.82 21 - - £250K 5.6.08 £250K

5 Smith, Barry SW/D RC SCO 19.2.74 30 3 - £450K 28.6.06 £1.4M

26 Smith, Jamie AM/F RC SCO 20.11.78 25 2 - £400K 6.6.08 £3.1M

- Smyth, Mark D R SCO 21.8.83 20 - - £95K 21.6.06 £800K

- Tordo, Sébastien F RC FRA 10.1.84 20 - - £40K 5.6.07 £2.1M

50 Vieira, Roland S C FRA 16.8.79 25 - - £50K 12.6.07 £500K

- Walker, Stephen AM/F RLC SCO 20.4.85 19 - - £40K 20.6.07 £1.6M

30 Webster, Andy D C SCO 16.3.80 24 - - £425K 1.6.07 £1.5M

</pre>

September 2004

"Not the start you expected eh?"

"No sir, not really."

"So what was the problem?"

"Injuries, no one seemed to be able to stay completely healthy through the first month or so."

"Not to mentioon Telford."

"Well sir, we were playing at New Bucks Head and we did win."

"But how do you give up 3 goals to a newly promoted side in Divsion 3?"

"It's very simple sir, we were playing the first team backups for the League Cup game and for many of them, it was thier first bit out action...including the backup keeper. Keep in mind, we did score four to win."

"I see. I should also comment on the record."

"2 wins, one draw and three losses is not bad Mr. Chairman. Consider that three of those games were against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. 11th place in the Prem isn't so bad."

"Perhaps not, but West Ham is already in debt. Can't you do something about that?"

"Well sir, no I can't. I could sell a couple of players, but we will always lose money. West Ham doesn't have that big a fanbase and weed to do really well to make money."

"So, do well."

"Easier said than done sir. See you in November."

November 2004

"Well sir, we've begun the houscleaning."

"How so?"

"We've put several reservists on the transfer list and hopefully someone will take them off our hands, particularly since we are making them available for free."

"For free?"

"Yeah, that way, we save money this year on payroll. Now, we've already sold a couple of first-temers for real money."

"Who?"

"Hugh Murry was sold to Burnley. The lad has tatlent, but has shown nothing at all in two years of being on the first team squad. We also sold Pressley, who is starting to show his age, to Aston Villa. These two sales are keeping the West Ham debt at around 1.5 million pounds."

"Are the reserve players replacing them adequate?"

"Yes, they'll do. We also have Jaime Smith availble, but so far, no one wants him."

"Ah, and have these giveaways and ales afftected the team?"

"No they haven't Mr. Chairman, in fact, now that players are realizing that they could be sold, the play has improved."

"What's your recorfd?"

"West Ham sits in 5th place with 7 wins, 2 draws and 5 losses."

"Not bad."

"No it's not. our problem right now is injuries. Over the last two years, we've had trouble keeping our players healthy."

"I can't help you there."

"No sir, you can't, but the Alliance figured you should know as injuries could cost us a fair amount."

"It hasn't done that yet?"

"No, and I hope it doesn't."

"Ah"

"It should be noted that a bunch of our French players will be leaving the club next summer."

"Really?"

"Yes, I hope hope we have the funds to sign more prospects."

"Well, if you don't, then your Alliance experiment would end in failure."

"Yes sir, it would."

"And means I would resume power."

"Yes sir, the Alliance would pull out then."

"I'll be waiting then."

"See you in January Mr. Chairman."

January 2005

"Well, we had a complete turnaround."

"Really?"

"Yes sir, we have an 8 win, 4 draw and 8 loss season so far."

"That's a turnaround?"

"Considering where we've been, yes."

"I don't believe you."

"You don't have to believe me Mr. hairman, the record speaks for itself."

"Fair enough, have you kept the debt down?"

"We're managing to keep it down."

"How?"

"We jettisoned a couple more players for free. We also had an FA Cup home game against Chelsea. We lost 1-0, but made a mint with ticket sales."

"I see. What's the debt now?"

"2.4 million pounds."

"Can you improve on that?"

"I don't know sir. We can't really sell any more players."

"Why not?"

"Because the only have two saleable players and I'm not about to sell Cisse or Paterson."

"Ah."

"I'll see you at the end of the season in April."

"Yes

"

May 2005

"So how did it turn out?"

"Well sir, we finished in the top 10."

"Where?"

"9th place with 16 win, 7 draws and 15 losses."

"Not bad."

"Exactly, West Ham achieved the goal I set for them n the beginning of the season."

"And how is the money situation?"

"With a player sale plus prize money, the debt is now just 1.7 million. Given that we will recieve around 3.5 million in season tickets and 12 million for TV rights, I'd say the finances are pretty good."

"That's good. What did you think of the season?"

"I have mixed feelings. On one hand, we had a good suprise. Our first-team French right back, who was projected as a filler turned into a reliable defender. But, once again, injuries decimated the first team. Nicholson for intance, missed 5 months with three different injuries."

"Ah"

"We also got inconsistant play from our youngsters on the first team. Hopefully, a year on the first team will help them step it up next year."

"I see, what are your plans for the off-season?"

"A number of players, mostly reserves, will be leaving. We only have one Bosman coming in, so the summer will be spent scouting young players, and refilling the reseves. As it stands right now, three reservists, Kamara, Frisher and Grax will be on the first team next season."

"Ah, well, as much as I dipise saying this, well done."

"Thank you Mr. Chairman. I'll circulate an offseason memo in August and meet with you again in September."

West Ham United - Sunday 22nd May 2005

2004/5 Senior Club Stats

- Bald, William - - - - - - - - ----

21 Barré, Mickaël 18 (3) 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 6.43

1 Baxter, Lee 30 0 53 0 0 2 0 1 6.67

- Berthelin, Cédric 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Camara, Ibrahima - - - - - - - - ----

35 Carmignani, Simon 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.50

10 Cissé, Djibril 36 (1) 14 0 3 (2) 6 1 2 7 7.32

- Collet, Cédric - - - - - - - - ----

36 Curren, Lee 20 (7) 2 0 0 2 5 0 0 6.48

23 Devaux, Jean-Christophe 8 (2) 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 6.00

32 Dureuil, Rémy 3 (4) 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 6.29

17 Ferguson, Steven 7 (13) 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 6.70

- Forsyth, Ross 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

20 Giacopelli, Romain 3 (1) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.00

9 Grady, James 24 (2) 9 0 0 0 0 0 2 6.88

- Grax, Sébastien 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

33 Howie, Willie 5 (3) 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 7.00

- Kamara, Abdelhaziz - - - - - - - - ----

16 Keogh, Liam 14 (3) 7 0 0 4 0 0 1 6.94

34 Mathis, Lionel 28 (1) 5 0 0 2 1 0 1 6.62

29 Mémin, Frédéric 10 (4) 2 0 0 1 3 0 0 6.57

18 Migliore, Stephen 8 (9) 2 0 1 (1) 0 4 0 0 6.41

25 Mondafu, Gabriel 10 (5) 5 0 0 0 1 0 1 6.93

12 Nicholson, Barry 20 3 0 0 3 3 0 0 6.55

40 Nicol, Kevin 7 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 6.14

11 Paterson, Jim 35 0 0 0 8 2 0 1 7.03

3 Rae, Gavin 24 1 0 0 3 2 1 0 6.63

22 Rott, Yannick 8 (1) 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6.44

31 Sahnoun, Nicolas 27 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 7.04

13 Schille, Cédric 12 0 11 0 0 0 0 1 7.17

5 Smith, Barry 33 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 6.61

26 Smith, Jamie 30 (4) 5 0 0 3 0 0 0 6.53

24 Smyth, Mark 8 1 0 1 (1) 4 1 0 0 6.88

30 Webster, Andy 24 (3) 0 0 0 1 6 0 0 6.41

English Premier Division - Sunday 22nd May 2005

2004/5 Table

1st C Liverpool 38 17 2 0 41 9 13 4 2 31 10 96

2nd Chelsea 38 16 3 0 35 4 10 4 5 30 17 85

3rd Arsenal 38 13 3 3 35 10 8 8 3 33 26 74

4th Southampton 38 13 2 4 35 14 8 6 5 24 17 71

5th Man Utd 38 14 3 2 37 15 3 7 9 17 24 61

6th Fulham 38 12 4 3 31 13 6 3 10 17 25 61

7th Portsmouth 38 11 2 6 29 24 6 5 8 17 22 58

8th Blackburn 38 12 5 2 34 13 4 4 11 17 28 57

9th West Ham 38 10 3 6 30 22 6 4 9 24 35 55

10th Birmingham 38 11 6 2 24 10 3 5 11 10 19 53

11th Leeds 38 12 3 4 37 18 3 5 11 18 33 53

12th Newcastle 38 8 8 3 25 17 5 3 11 16 24 50

13th Sunderland 38 8 3 8 20 22 5 2 12 18 30 44

14th Tottenham 38 10 5 4 26 18 2 2 15 16 43 43

15th Bolton 38 5 6 8 24 25 3 7 9 12 20 37

16th Middlesbrough 38 6 6 7 24 26 3 2 14 17 39 35

17th Norwich 38 5 4 10 23 36 4 2 13 25 43 33

18th R Leicester 38 7 4 8 19 25 2 2 15 13 38 33

19th R Everton 38 6 4 9 25 26 2 3 14 8 35 31

20th R Cardiff 38 5 5 9 20 34 2 3 14 18 46 29

</pre>

Off-Season

Perhaps the most surprising thing about the off-season was that we managed to stay solvent. The money came pouring in from seaso tickets and TV rights, but went right back out in player acquistions. The reserves were getting a bit old, so West Ham had to buy a few new prospects. Most of the prospects brought in were French, which kept the team in a balance between the Allance countries. The trouble with this was that French prospects tended to be expensive to buy. Generally, they cost between 500 to 800 thousand pounds. Even with a generous transfer budget, the costs added up.

The aging of the reserves also brought about a change in first-team policy. Previously, only 22 players were in the first-team squad. Now, however, to ensure that all the new French youth got playing time on the farm, three older reservists were added to the first team to make a roster of 25. It was hoped that the three extra bodies would help with injuries, which had been a constant headache the last two seasons.

The injury trouble of the past two seasons saw a change in the usual seven week training camp that was held during the pre-season. Instead of two weeks of consitioning, there were three. It was hoped that the extra week would help the players be in better shape for the start of the season.

The main news of the off-season had nothing to do with youth prospects or changes in team policy. The big news was that West Ham landed a second competant forward to partner Cisse. Aberdeen had suffered a horrible 04/05 campaign and had found themselves relegated from the SPL. They held a fire-sale in the off-season in order to reduce thier payroll, shipping serveral stars and prospects to teams from the English leagues. West Ham netted the biggest of these fish, landing Gary O'Conner for 2.2 million pounds. At 22, O'Conner is already skilled enough to thrive in the best leagues in the world and with top league seasoning, should become a bastion of the Scotland national team, which is desperate for a forward that can take the pressure off McFadden.

In sum, it was a busy summer as the roster showed much turnover as a couple of Scots besides O'Conner were added shortly before the season began. Barry Robbson was picked up from Dundee United and would man the LMC spot, allowing Rae to move to CMC. The roster took forever to finalize and the first-team wasn't coplete until two weeks before the away opener at Fulham. Given all the transfer activity it was amazing that West Ham still had 5 million pounds in the bank as the opening matchday approched.

West Ham United - Sunday 7th August 2005

Squad

- Bald, William GK SCO 22.8.83 21 - - £50K 24.6.08 £975K

- Baldé, Boubacar S C FRA 11.2.86 19 - - £35K 28.6.06 £900K

- Balfour, James D/DM RLC SCO 11.10.84 20 - - £9K 4.6.09 £350K

3 Barré, Mickaël D LC FRA 31.8.74 30 - - £400K 7.6.06 £600K

13 Berthelin, Cédric GK FRA 25.12.76 28 - - £350K 27.5.09 £1.3M

24 Boyack, Steven M RC SCO 4.9.76 28 - - £450K 28.6.10 £1.5M

- Camara, Ibrahima M RC FRA 1.1.85 20 - - £50K 28.5.09 £1.7M

- Campbell, Gordon D/DM RC SCO 26.11.85 19 - - £40K 23.6.07 £825K

10 Cissé, Djibril S C FRA 12.8.81 23 9 - £925K 22.5.09 £10.5M

- Collet, Cédric D RC FRA 7.3.84 21 - - £50K 8.5.09 £1.4M

28 Curren, Lee M C SCO 22.10.82 22 - - £55K 28.6.08 £1.6M

- Cuthbert, Kevin GK SCO 9.7.83 22 - - £90K 8.6.10 £475K

- Davidson, John D C SCO 7.5.84 21 - - £18K 8.6.09 £825K

23 Devaux, Jean-Christophe SW/D C FRA 16.5.75 30 - - £400K 1.6.08 £1.2M

- Diane, Ugo SW/D C FRA 4.4.87 18 - - £90K 11.6.09 £550K

- Doyle, Jamie AM C SCO 23.5.83 22 - - £55K 18.6.10 £725K

- Ebonbo, Albin D C FRA 23.2.84 21 - - £45K 9.5.09 £425K

4 Ferguson, Steven AM C SCO 18.5.77 28 - - £400K 28.6.06 £0

- Fisher, John D C SCO 19.1.84 21 - - £85K 28.5.09 £1.3M

- Forsyth, Ross D L SCO 15.11.83 21 - - £120K 6.5.09 £1.4M

- Giacopelli, Romain M RLC FRA 1.3.83 22 - - £75K 28.6.08 £1.8M

21 Grady, James S C SCO 14.3.71 34 8 1 £450K 11.5.07 £350K

15 Grax, Sébastien S C FRA 23.6.84 21 - - £250K 6.6.08 £2.9M

8 Howie, Willie AM C SCO 9.7.82 23 - - £375K 20.6.10 £2.6M

- Kamara, Abdelhaziz D L FRA 10.4.84 21 - - £100K 15.6.08 £1.1M

19 Keogh, Liam S C SCO 6.9.81 23 - - £500K 19.6.08 £3.1M

- Konaté, Alain D RC FRA 16.5.86 19 - - £120K 11.6.10 £475K

- Le Bris, Ludovic S C FRA 21.11.84 20 - - £300K 5.6.07 £1.5M

- Leray, David D R FRA 2.3.84 21 - - £40K 3.6.10 £650K

- Mathieu, Jérémy DM/F LC FRA 29.10.83 21 - - £210K 25.6.10 £1.2M

7 Mathis, Lionel AM RC FRA 4.10.81 23 - - £675K 24.6.09 £2.8M

- McLaughlin, Paul DM C SCO 12.2.84 21 - - £60K 19.6.10 £750K

16 Migliore, Stephen M C FRA 26.8.83 21 - - £130K 28.6.06 £525K

- Nicol, Kevin D/DM C SCO 19.1.82 23 - - £60K 21.6.08 £1.8M

9 O'Connor, Gary S C SCO 7.5.83 22 1 - £775K 2.6.11 £6.75M

11 Paterson, Jim D/AM LC SCO 25.9.79 25 7 - £575K 17.6.08 £6.5M

5 Planus, Marc D RC FRA 7.3.82 23 - - £160K 23.6.08 £1.5M

- Plessis, Guillaume DM C FRA 16.1.85 20 - - £35K 28.6.06 £950K

17 Rae, Gavin D/M LC SCO 28.11.75 29 2 - £375K 3.6.09 £2M

25 Robson, Barry AM LC SCO 7.11.78 26 - - £500K 2.6.11 £1.9M

22 Rott, Yannick D/DM L FRA 27.9.74 30 - - £475K 20.6.06 £600K

14 Sahnoun, Nicolas D/DM RC FRA 3.9.80 24 - - £450K 21.6.11 £3M

1 Schille, Cédric GK FRA 8.11.75 29 - - £350K 9.6.06 £1.1M

6 Smith, Barry SW/D RC SCO 19.2.74 31 3 - £450K 28.6.06 £800K

12 Smith, Jamie AM/F RC SCO 20.11.78 26 2 - £400K 6.6.08 £525K

2 Smyth, Mark D R SCO 21.8.83 21 - - £95K 21.6.06 £750K

- Tordo, Sébastien F RC FRA 10.1.84 21 - - £40K 5.6.07 £1.6M

- Walker, Stephen AM/F RLC SCO 20.4.85 20 - - £40K 20.6.07 £1.5M

26 Webster, Andy D C SCO 16.3.80 25 - - £425K 1.6.07 £1.5M

- de la Loma, Cédric F RLC FRA 14.4.84 21 - - £20K 12.6.09 £775K

</pre>

September 2005

"Yet another mediocore start."

"Yes sir, but at least it's a higher level of medicority than usual."

"How so?"

"Well sir, West Ham have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2 and are in 8th place."

"That's still medicore."

"Perhaps, but considering that we're now in the top ten, it's not as medicore as we have been."

"True, how do you intend to fire up the team?"

"One: we are going to replace the coaching staff wholesale. The French coaches I have are ineffective. The staff will be entirely Scot. That should help the team with the tatics. Second, we are going to get rid of Jim Paterson."

"I thought you said earlier that he was unsellable."

"Well Mr. Chairman, we need the money and Paterson is extremely injury-prone. He's misseda fair amount of time in each of the last three seasons."

"I see. Why do you need money? Surely you haven't spent your reserves."

"No sir, the West Ham finances are still around 4.8 in the bank. However, we need more money available if we are to fix up the practice facility and such."

"Ah"

"We may also sell Cisse."

"What, why?"

"Because we have some good forwards in the reserves. Cisse will bring in a huge chunk of cash if we can sell him. His sale would also pare the payroll by quite a bit."

"Can you afford to sell Cisse?"

"I think we can. O'Conner could fill the superstar role, and a rotation of forwards at the other spot could work."

"I see. What are your goals for this season?"

"I hope, Mr. Chairman, that West Ham has a top 10 finish. I hope to continue to raise funnds to revamp the practice facilities. Lastly, I hope to find a great goalkeeper for the 06/07 season. We are one goalkeeper short of true contention."

"I see."

"Well sir, if that's all, I'll report back in November."

November 2005

"So you finally did it."

"Yes sir, we sold Paterson."

"To whom for how much?"

"We sold him to Shakter, a Ukraininan side, for 5.5 million pounds."

"They sound familiar."

"They should sound familiar sir. That's the side we sold Christian Dailly to whay back in 01/02."

"Ah, that's why. How is the team responding to the latest sale?"

"They seem to have caught on fire. We've won 3 of 4 since the deal and now sit in 6th place."

"And how do the finances look?"

"Well Mr. Chairman, the bank balance now stands at about 10 million pounds. We also sold Barry Smith."

"Ah and future deals?"

"Leicester signed an unprotected Andy Webster and they will give us 1.1 million pounds when he moves there in December. We are still trying to sell Cisse."

"Ah, sounds like things are going fairly well. Who replaced Paterson?"

"We called up Kamara from the reseveas. See you in January."

"Hopefully, your success will continue"

"Thanks...hold on a second- you're wishing me good luck?"

"Strange how things change isn't it? The better you do, the richer I get. I still own a good deal of West Ham."

January 2006

"So how are things now?"

"We're holding stady in 5th place. We've already won 10 games."

"How are the players?"

"Well sir, that isn't quite so good."

"Why is that?"

"The players are close to mutiny. The atmosphere in the dressing room is poisonous."

"Why?"

"Devereaux has repeatly shown up for practice in ****-poor condition. I tried warning him and he ignored me. Then I started to fine him in two week increments. He's lost over a month worth of his large salary."

"Ah, and why do the players care?"

"They feel I'm being unfair."

"Why not release the player?"

"One, we are short of quality first-team defenders. Two, his salary is too large to release him. We might as well get a couple games from his lazy ass."

"Ah, anything else I need to know?"

"Yeah, Ferguson, despite being a siguarly untalented player, is having the best year of his career. He's picking up goals from his ANC position due to the talent upfront."

"Why would he have a breakout year now?"

"Well Mr. Chairman, this is Ferguson's last year of his contract. It would seem that he's looking for a fat contract next year."

"Will it happe?"

"Not with us, but no doubt some Second Divsion team will."

"I see."

"Ok sir, if that's all, I'll see you in March."

[/b]May 2006[/b]

"So what happened?"

"Well sir, we had a late season slide."

"So that's why you didn't visit in March."

"No sir, in March we were still in the tope five of the Prem."

"So, what happened?"

"First off, since January Cisse and O'Conner were constantly injured the last couple of months. In fact, out of the second half of the season, 19 games, those two were in the starting lineup for 5 games near the end of the year."

\

"Wow."

"Yeah. Once those two were fully recovered, West Ham played well, but by then, it was too late."

"So where did the team end up?"

"In sixth place sir. We missed qualifying for Europe by one league place."

"Damn."

"Exactly sir."

"Ah well."

"Yeah, see you in July."

"ok"

English Premier Division - Sunday 21st May 2006

2005/6 Table

1st C Man Utd 38 15 3 1 45 9 10 5 4 33 23 83

2nd Liverpool 38 15 3 1 37 10 7 7 5 25 18 76

3rd Chelsea 38 12 5 2 25 8 9 8 2 29 13 76

4th Newcastle 38 13 3 3 34 14 8 4 7 27 23 70

5th Fulham 38 12 4 3 24 8 7 4 8 21 25 65

6th West Ham 38 9 5 5 26 25 9 6 4 30 24 65

7th Arsenal 38 11 4 4 32 14 8 2 9 20 23 63

8th Southampton 38 12 3 4 27 16 5 6 8 21 21 60

9th Birmingham 38 11 6 2 25 11 5 5 9 10 24 59

10th Tottenham 38 11 5 3 39 20 4 5 10 13 26 55

11th Blackburn 38 9 5 5 24 20 5 1 13 26 38 48

12th Portsmouth 38 9 4 6 27 21 3 7 9 20 36 47

13th Leeds 38 9 6 4 26 16 3 2 14 14 32 44

14th Charlton 38 7 5 7 29 25 4 6 9 11 23 44

15th Man City 38 9 4 6 28 25 2 3 14 12 35 40

16th Bolton 38 9 5 5 25 19 0 7 12 11 33 39

17th Watford 38 6 6 7 25 25 2 2 15 19 45 32

18th R Sunderland 38 6 5 8 20 23 1 4 14 13 35 30

19th R Norwich 38 5 4 10 30 38 1 5 13 10 37 27

20th R Middlesbrough 38 5 6 8 22 28 1 2 16 10 36 26

</pre>

July 2006

"With all due respect Mr. Chairman, you are a moron."

"Why is that?"

"Because, you expanded Upton Park by 11000 seats, bringing the total capacticy to 40000 and change. However, you did nothing with West Ham's godawful practice facilities."

"Ah, but the club makes more money with season tickets than any other source of club income. Besides, all you do is purchase Alliance players, you never develop any players, therefore, why spend the money?"

"But sir, we do need to train Alliance youth for the first-team."

"Correction, you buy youth, you don't bring them up through the West Ham system."

"So you won't expand the training facilities?"

"No, and consider it my revenge for being put under house arrest that first season."

"umm"

"I'm not the only one who made questionable decisons this summer. Care to explain why you sold Cisse to SC Freiburg?"

"Well Mr. Chairman, Cisse tends to be injury-prone and we got 10 million pounds out of the deal."

"But we lose a player that draws in record numbers of fans."

"We still have O'Conner for that. In addition, we have some young strikers who can fill the gap."

"So you hope."

"Yes, so I hope Nr. Chairman. See you in September."

"Yes, then we'll find out if selling Cisse was wise."

Excellent stroy just been reading it,even managed to distract me from my fm game for a hour.

I like the style of writing,at first it seemed a bit dull and borign but now it has grown on me.What made you think of the idea?

NTFC- Glad you're enjoying the style. icon_smile.gif I came up with the idea because I wanted to do something simple for recording the progress of my challenge attempt.

September 2006

"So why did you buy him?"

"Because sir, I though McNaughton would be a good fullback. He also came reasonably cheap."

"I know that, but why seven games into the season, have you put him on the transfer-list?"

"Because sir, he's right-footed."

"And you think that's a suitable pretext? Your scouts couldn't have told you that? What does matter anyway?"

"Because sir, the left fullback in my system delivers crosses and dribbles in from the flank."

"Ok, but why did you not discover this prior to signing him?"

"It was my mistake sir, I forgot to check."

"You forgot to check did you. Now we'll have to eat that half-million signing on fee."

"Well sir, there is a Bundsliga club, Guthr Freucht or somesuch that will pay four point three million for him."

"Ah, so West Ham will make a profit on the deal."

"Yes sir, we will. We recoup all expenses incurred, plus a small profit."

"But why didn't you notice the foot detail to begin with?"

"Because sir, I am not a details man."

"Ah, so that's why West Ham sits in 10th place with a record of 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses."

"I will admit sir, that selling Cisse was a mistake. West Ham lacks offensive punch."

"So I've noticed. You seem to be making a great deal of mistakes lately. Need I remind you that you have 3 and 3/4s seasons left to win the Premiership before I retake control of the club?"

"Yes sir, my Alliance partners remind me that the clock is ticking."

"Good perhaps I'll be rid of you yet."

"Well sir, you'll be rid of me until November."

"Keep making those mistakes and it could be sooner."

Also how come your game are based from CM 01/02(the greatest game alive).

My fm disc has got a problem atm so i've reverted to it,just intrigued why your still using it.Wouldnt be harder to write stroies,because less info etc?.Or is it because its quicker?

NTFC- In terms of actual game time, I'm just beginning April of 2007. I certainly hope that West Ham can win the Prem, but the top 5 is tough to break into. Liverpool have dominated the prem the last few seasons. Man U and Arsenal are showing signs of aging and Chelsea and Newcastle are consistant. I use CM 01/02 because that's the version I have. Never bothered to get the FM versions.

November 2006

"I see West Ham are still medicore."

"Yes sir, West Ham are in 8th place with five wins, five draws and five losses."

"

"Can you improve?"

"Depends on how well the team adjusts to the loss of Cisse. They relied on him a lot last year."

"I know that. I asked if you can improve."

"Well sir, Balde is emerging as a fine forward. He won the August YPM award. Improvement will depend on him and other young players having good seasons."

"So you will improve."

"I certainly hope we do sir. The fans deserve it."

"Yes they they do, particularly since they will set an attendance record."

"You can tell that already sir?"

"Yes, the attendance is around 39000 per game so far."

"Wow."

"Imagine what it would be if West Ham were to break the top 5."

"Well sir, I'll do my best to guide the team tro that level. See you in January."

Archived