Local Business Woman takes on world of Football.........

Kees04

Local business woman Rachael O'Reilly is trying her hand at becoming a football club chairman.

Her decision to try this is after UEFA announce that a European super league is to be set up. Pressure from the G14 group finally took its toll on the UEFA committee and the league has been formed in the following structure;

UEFA Champions League

UEFA Championship

UEFA League One

UEFA League Two

UEFA Conference

UEFA Conference Pool A

UEFA Conference Pool B

Rachael applied to the governing body to have a team placed into League Two with her application being successful, and Woodley Town FC were born. but it didn't stop there, Rachael immediately went and started looking for players to make sure her club are not the whipping boys of the league. She has managed to acquire some experienced players to help steady her new ship.

She had a £4m budget and purchased the following players

GK - Ian Walker - Free from Bolton

GK - Michael Oakes - £50k from Wolves

DC - Gary Breen - £30k from Sunderland

DC - Matthew Upson - £1.2m from Birmingham, this signing along with some others show she has a very good talent in being able to show her club to respected players and bring them on board.

DR - Gary Kelly - £75k from Leeds

DL - Jlloyd Samuel - £450k from Villa - Jlloyd was on the transfer list and was snapped up quickly

DC - Liam Ridgewell - Loan signing from Aston Villa

DM - Kees Howard - player/manager - free transfer from local side Shinfield RBL

MC - Richard Blonk - another loanee, this time from Feyenoord

MR - Dean Marney - £125k, Marney has become surplus to requirements at Spurs and had a few lower league clubs after him but gladly deceided that Woodley was the place for him

ML - Michael Tonge - £375k from Sheff Utd

AC - Malcolm Christie - free from 'Boro as he was no longer needed by Steve McClaren

AC - Hugo Almeida - £100k, impressed on trial and was offered at a low price, hard to say no to this young talent

AC - Marcelo Salas - Loaned for the season this is undoubtedly our star signing so far, hopefully his ability will help secure league status for our new club.

and finally

MC - Gary Speed - Free after being released by Big Sam at Bolton - His experience will be a much needed asset this season.

With £2.4m spent already on these players manager Kees Howard

only has £1.6m to add depth to his squad for the coming season. This will no doubt be a challenge for Howard in his first managerial role.

Local business woman Rachael O'Reilly is trying her hand at becoming a football club chairman.

Her decision to try this is after UEFA announce that a European super league is to be set up. Pressure from the G14 group finally took its toll on the UEFA committee and the league has been formed in the following structure;

UEFA Champions League

UEFA Championship

UEFA League One

UEFA League Two

UEFA Conference

UEFA Conference Pool A

UEFA Conference Pool B

Rachael applied to the governing body to have a team placed into League Two with her application being successful, and Woodley Town FC were born. but it didn't stop there, Rachael immediately went and started looking for players to make sure her club are not the whipping boys of the league. She has managed to acquire some experienced players to help steady her new ship.

She had a £4m budget and purchased the following players

GK - Ian Walker - Free from Bolton

GK - Michael Oakes - £50k from Wolves

DC - Gary Breen - £30k from Sunderland

DC - Matthew Upson - £1.2m from Birmingham, this signing along with some others show she has a very good talent in being able to show her club to respected players and bring them on board.

DR - Gary Kelly - £75k from Leeds

DL - Jlloyd Samuel - £450k from Villa - Jlloyd was on the transfer list and was snapped up quickly

DC - Liam Ridgewell - Loan signing from Aston Villa

DM - Kees Howard - player/manager - free transfer from local side Shinfield RBL

MC - Richard Blonk - another loanee, this time from Feyenoord

MR - Dean Marney - £125k, Marney has become surplus to requirements at Spurs and had a few lower league clubs after him but gladly deceided that Woodley was the place for him

ML - Michael Tonge - £375k from Sheff Utd

AC - Malcolm Christie - free from 'Boro as he was no longer needed by Steve McClaren

AC - Hugo Almeida - £100k, impressed on trial and was offered at a low price, hard to say no to this young talent

AC - Marcelo Salas - Loaned for the season this is undoubtedly our star signing so far, hopefully his ability will help secure league status for our new club.

and finally

MC - Gary Speed - Free after being released by Big Sam at Bolton - His experience will be a much needed asset this season.

With £2.4m spent already on these players manager Kees Howard

only has £1.6m to add depth to his squad for the coming season. This will no doubt be a challenge for Howard in his first managerial role.

Since taking over as manager of Woodley things have been more than a little hectic. Having meetings with the chairman to find out where we'll be playing next was one headache which got sorted as she told me that we will be using the Stadia Cynosure. This is an extremly impressive stadium with an all seater capacity of 34575. This is a multi purpose ground used not only for football but athletics as well.

The next headache I had was sorting out my squad and deciding when to spend the limited money I have.

Woodley Town FC Squad

I've decided that I need a few youngsters and have been searching the free transfer market and have a few possiblities lined up....

As I realised I needed some depth to my squad my first thought turned to youngsters. I looked around for some available players and am proud to annouce the following players have arrived.

16yr old AMC Jack Sparrow - Jack will probably not see alot of action this season due to age but does have some potential to improve.

18yr old AMRLC Arwin Mols - This young dutch player can play anywhere in midfield

18yr old DL Johan Keeskenns - I looked at Johan and was impressed with his abilities for an 18yr old and am pleased to have got his signature. He will be one for the future!

Also 33yr old Jean-Paul Van Gastel has signed as backup for my 'thin' looking midfield.

Friendly - Woodley Town v Nice

Woodley Town 1-1 Nice

This was my first game in charge and overall I'm happy with how it went. In the opening 20 minutes both teams had chances but failed to open the scoring with the keepers on top. From then Woodley dominated but couldn't find the finish their good play deserved. Shortly after the break Woodley did get their goal as Malcolm Christie scored a header from a Michael Tonge corner. But then things took a turn for the worse as Jlloyd Samuel was dismissed for a professional foul. Shortly after this Liam Ridgewell gave Nice the chance they needed, fouling their striker inside the area, He stepped up to make it 1-1. Even with only 10 men on the pitch we still looked dangerous going forward with Kees Howard and Christie going close.

Overall - Happy with performance

News Flash

Woodley Town FC would like to announce that Andreas Johansson will be joining the club at the end of his current contract. Johansson is said to be 'delighted' at the prosect of joining his new team

Friendly - Woodley Town v Hearts

Woodley Town 3-0 Hearts

A MOM performance from Hugo Almeida gave Woodley an excellent win against a strong Hearts side. Woodley started better and got their reward when Almeida played Marcelo Salas through for the Chile international to slot home and before the half was over Salas had his second, picking up a diagonal pass from Jlloyd Samuel and blasting the ball into the bottom corner. Salas was replaced at HT by Malcolm Christie and Christie took his chance by setting up Almeida for Woodley.

Overall - Delighted with the score and performance

I would like to annouce that with my continued efforts to increase the squad depth here at Woodley Town I have purchased two young Dutch players, Wesley Valk and Michael de Winter, a DC and ST respectivly.

I can also tell you that we are in talks with Martin Brittain from Newcastle and Emil Hallfreosson from Tottenham, more news to follow

Nice start.

I like the style of your match reports, but if I had to make a little style suggestion try to flesh out the other bits a little. Only a minor point, and I wouldn't want to put you off. It's your story so feel free to take or leave this as you wish.

Most of all keep it up !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chesterfan2:

Nice start.

I like the style of your match reports, but if I had to make a little style suggestion try to flesh out the other bits a little. Only a minor point, and I wouldn't want to put you off. It's your story so feel free to take or leave this as you wish.

Most of all keep it up ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All suggestions are welcome. What do you mean flesh it out a bit. I'm kinda new at this...

Friendly - Woodley Town v Brann

Woodley Town 5-1 Brann

I take my hat off to my players today, they were brilliant. If they perform the way they did today we'll have a decent season. We started slowly but got a lucky break when the Brann keeper tried to control the ball 35yards from his goal, Malcolm Christie tackled the keeper and slotted home into the empty net. With us scoring early on our players seem to have the confidence to play good passing stuff and it was rewarded when Kees Howard split the Brann defence wide open for Christie to slot home his second of the game. Christie turned provider as he collected a pass, held of the defender and played in Hugo Almeida who placed the ball past the oncoming keeper. There was a momentary lapse in our defending when Brann broke from a poor free kick to open our defence and beat Ian Walker. After half time our performace continued to impress with some delightful passing moves. Marcelo Salas came on for Almeida and immediately layed on Christie's hat-trick goal with a cross from the left that Christie would have found hard to miss. With the game out of Brann's reach the pace slowed and with a few subs our performance got a little bit sloppy but Kees Howard wasn't happy with not being in on the scoring act, he collected a pass from Van Gastel about 40yards from goal, carried the ball forward and the Brann defence seemed to just sit off him so he tried his luck and what luck was it, A screamer into the top left corner of the goals from fully 25yards. This capped a very good performance from our lads.

Overall - This gives me hope for a good season

Transfer Signings

The Club would like to announce, as was earlier mentioned, the capture of young wingers Martin Brittain and Emil Hallfreosson. Both players have signed on free transfers from Newcastle and Spurs.

Kees Howard says "I'm delighted with these two signings as they are both exciting prospects. They have skill and pace and that will cause an y defence problems"

Also Woodley have signed young Roma defender Daniele Magliocchetti. The 19yr old can play anywhere accross the defence and will provide cover for the coming season.

One fan said "This young Italian has got people buzzing, he's meant to have a lot of talent and I can't wait to see him break into our first team squad"

I would like to think that we've the signings we've got and the people we are trying to get in we will have a good season.

Friendly - East Fife v Woodley Town

East Fife 0-4 Woodley Town

Our impressive pre-season form continued against a poor East Fife outfit. We started at a sizzling pace with Marcelo Salas hitting the crossbar within 45 seconds and it didn't stop there with us taking the lead through Almeida after only 5 minutes and only 2 minutes later Almeida was celebrating again after slotting home Hallfreosson's cross. It was our other young winger, Brittain, who supplied the next goal for Salas. That's 3-0 up after only 9 minutes. After this we settled down and played our usual passing stuff coming close on a few occasions but without scoring again this half.

I decided that I would give my youngsters a chance in the second half to see how they fare with first team football and they did ok. They played solid stuff and we got our fourth midway through the half when Dean Marney, covering at right back for the injured Gary Kelly, crossed in and Gary Speed bulleted his header past the keeper. The game gradually went quite but we kept it solid at the back to not concede any goals

Overall - I'm happy with our first away win and our youngsters performance

Friendly - Woodley Town v Teplice

Woodley Town 3-1 Teplice

In our final friendly we rode our luck in first half and was lucky to come in at 1-1. We started badly with Dean Marney giving away penaly inside 10mins to give Teplice the lead. We struggled to cope with their attacking play and had to clear a goalmouth scramble off the line. Just before half time Magliocchetti, on for the injured Samuel, crossed from deep for Hugo Almeida to equalise. At half time I told the lads to enjoy it and it showed in the second half with Almeida scoring after 54mins. He collected a pass of Kees Howard and played a sublime one two with Malcolm Christie to open the Teplice defence before confidently beating the keeper.

and 5 minutes later Almeida completed his day by scoring his hat-trick. Liam Ridgewell cleared his lines and Almeida reacted first to get to the ball and power past the keeper from a tight angle. After this goal the game petered out into nothing and I was pleased not to have any more injuries as our season starts in 5 days with Austria Wien coming to the Stadia Cynosure for it's first competative match, we look forward to it.

Overall - Almeida saved our blushes but we went from strength to strength.

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Austria Wien

Woodley Town 6-0 Austria Wien

"Wow, what a performace" beamed boss Kees Howard after watching his side tear apart Austria Wien. Before the game people were outlining this as an easy match for Austria Wien with odds of 2/5, but that was not to be as Woodley came out firing, Marcelo Salas went close early on seeing his snap shot go past the post with the keeper unmoved. Wien tried to get back into it and had a chance of their own only to find Ian Walker in their way. Shortly after Walker's save Woodley took the lead, Richard Blonk delivering a cross to the near post and Hugo Almeida getting his head to it, 1-0 Woodley. It wasn't long before it was 2-0 as an Wien defender handled in the box giving away a penalty, Kees Howard stepped up and slotted in under the keeper. It was soon 3-0 after Speed played a pass over a flat looking defence for Almeida to get is second and Woodley's third. Almeida turned supplier before half time sticking a cross in that Salas got on the end of to make it 4-0 at half time. Manager Howard must have been in dream land!

With the second half under way Woodley scored again with Salas making the run which Gary Speed found superbly, Salas easily scored past the keeper. But that wasn't the rout over as Howard popped up with his second, heading home a Van Gastel cross near the death.

Kees Howard couldn't have wished for a better start to the season and if his team continues playing the way they did, they will have a very successful season.

Overall - Awesome!

UEFA League Two - Locomotiv Moscos v Woodley Town

Locomotiv Moscow 0-2 Woodley Town

This result was definately a surpirse as Locomotiv are favourites to win the league and were firm favourites to win this match too.

This was an even contest with both teams unable to create much, but when Liam Ridgewell's clearance went over the defence, Hugo Almeida was lightning quick to get their first and beat the oncoming keeper to give Woodley the lead. Locomotiv tried hard to get back into the game and Sychev had a very good chance when he was put through one on one with the keeper but an excellent tackle from Matthew Upson kept the score at 0-1.

The second half was in the same vien as the first with both teams even across the pitch, as the game went on Locomotiv pushed forward as left space at the back which Woodley used well but without reward.

As the game came to a close Almeida was through on goal as Woodley counter attacked from a Locomotiv corner and Yevseev was chasing him dowm hard, but Almeida's skill got past Yevseev only for the defender to bring him down and give Woodley a penalty. The ref had no choice but to send the defender off.

Kees Howard stepped up and placed the ball into the corner, 2-0 Woodley and the game was over from there.

Overall - Very solid performance and another clean sheet.

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Man City

Woodley Town 4-0 Man City

Woodley Town's amazing form continue's with an excellent 4-0 win over Man City at the Stadia Cynosure. Woodley started well going 2 up inside 15 minuts. The first was an sublime lob by Marcelo Salas after Gary Speed played him in. The second was Salas' turn to lay on a shot for Hugo Almeida who buried it into the bottom corner.

As the second half started Man City went close but it just wasn't their day as Woodley ran riot. The third was Almeida's second and Kees Howard played him in, Almeida easily beat David James in the City goal. Woodley carried on playing superb football and got their final goal with a bit or root one football, Walker cleared up field and Almeida flicked the ball on for Salas to slot home into the bottom left corner.

Manager Kees Howard said "This is just amazing, our form is top notch. We kept another clean sheet while Salas and Almeida do what they do best. I'm enjoying this management stuff"

Overall - Another top performance

Transfer Update

Mark Yeates - Tottenham to Woodley Town

Kees Howard says "This youngster will join us after his current loan spell. I have seen him play a few times and he will be pushing for the first team when he signs"

Kolseole Anubi - Free Transfer

This young DM will be backup for our first team.

Transfer News

Franklin Agustin Salas has signed for Woodley Town for an undisclosed fee. Salas is an Ecuador International with 12 caps to him name. Kees Howard is said to be "delighted" with signing this "international experienced player"

Tottenham Hotspur have been raided once again by Kees Howard, this time bringing Callum Davenport to Stadia Cynosure.

UEFA League Two - Nacional de Madeira v Woodley Town

Nacional de Madeira 1-4 Woodley Town

Woodley Town went into this match full of confidence after their performance against Man City. But they soon realised that they couldn't take anything for granted as they went behind to a stunning free kick from fully 30 yards.

It wasn't long before Woodley was back on level terms, Marcelo Salas tapping the ball into an empty net after good work from Hugo Almeida. They was soon back in front and controlling the game after the M Salas and Almeida combination worked its magic again with Almeida finishing it off.

New signing Franklin Salas got his Woodley career off to a flying start scoring in the second half.

Malcolm Christie came on for M Salas and was straight into the action, receiving a Martin Brittain pass and scoring from an acute angle.

Woodley played some excellent passing stuff after the shock of going behind and manager Kees Howard was happy with how they responded after conceding their first goal of the season.

Overall - Solid comeback

Inter-Toto Cup 1st Round - Rangers v Woodley Town

Rangers 3-4 Woodley Town aet

This was Kees Howard's first taste of cup football and what a match.

Woodley were drew away to Rangers, who are two league's above Woodley and occupy 3rd place.

This was a highly entertaining game at Ibrox in front of 30432 fans. The game was open from start to finish. Woodley started brightly and scored early through Marcelo Salas from an excellent Richard Blonk cross after only 8 mins, but it didn't stay that way for long as Gary Kelly misjudged the flight of the ball and handled inside the area, from the resulting penalty Fernando Ricksen made it 1-1. Woodley were back in front after M Salas got on the end of another cross, this time from Hugo Almeida to give Woodley the advantage. It stayed this way til half time but only because of some fine keeping from both goalies.

The second half started in the same way as the first with both teams playing flowing attacking football. Woodley suffered a blow as Franklin Salas was taken off with a suspected groin strain. As the game went on you could sense more goals and Rangers were next to strike, Thomas Buffel collecting a Dado Prso pass inside the area before placing the ball past the despairing Walker. The game looked destined for Extra time but with Rangers attacking for the win Woodley broke up field to make it 2-3. Kees Howard reacting quickest to the loose ball to fire into the net. With only 2 minutes remaining Rangers went on the offensive and it paid off, Novo rising highest at the far post to make it 3-3 on 90mins.

Extra Time

Kees Howard decided to bring on Malcolm Christie for Almeida to have some fresh legs for the next 30 minutes.

Both teams looked very cagey in extra time with neither wanting to concede a goal and the first period went by quietly. Shortly after the second period start disaster struck for Woodley, Liam Ridgewell was sent off for an elbow on Dado Prso, replays show it was not intentional and Ridgewell can feel hard done by. With this happening Kees Howard dropped into defence and Woodley went with a 3 man midfield. With the game seemingly heading for penalties Rangers pressed hard with a series of corners but it was this that undid them. As they pushed men forward looking for the win the ball broke to Gary Speed who excellently found the run of Malcolm Christie, Christie only had the keeper to beat and placed the ball in off the post to send the travelling supporters wild with joy. Rangers went all out attack but couldn't find another goal.

Woodley progress to the next round.

One reporter said "It was Woodley's dogged tenacity that won this game"

Manager Kees Howard was congratulated by chairman Rachael O'Reilly after the game.

Overall - Superb against higher opposition

News Update

After defeating Rangers in the previous round Woodley Town have been drawn at home to Getafe in the Inter-Toto Cup.

On the transfer front manager Kees Howard has announced another signing from Ecuador, Luiz Saritama. He cost £250k and is an accomplished central midfielder. He will no doubt be challenging for a first team slot.

Villareal youngster Cesar Arzo has revealed that he is in talks with Woodley about a possible more, more to follow on this story.

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Zagreb

Woodley Town 1-0 Zagreb

This match saw both teams play poorly with no real edge. Zagreb sitting in 22nd place travelled to 1st place Woodley hoping for a result and they nearly got one.

Zagreb played the better football in the first half and had a few corners but that was it in a dull opening half.

The second half was just as bad with both teams not finding any rhythm. Zagreb looked better going forward but it was Woodley who scored the only goal of the game. Michael Tonge, returning from injury swung in a cross which Gary Speed glanced into the far corner. Apart from this goal Woodley had nothing to offer their fans.

Overall - Poor game but still got 3 points

UEFA League Two - Dinamo Buc v Woodley Town

Dinamo Buc 2-2 Woodley Town

Woodley Town dropped their first points of the season with this 2-2 draw away at fellow high flyers Dinamo Buc.

Dinamo started well and after only 15mins had a penalty after Matthew Upson handled inside the box. Up stepped the Dinamo forward only to find Ian Walker in his way, Walker dived to his left and pushed the ball away. Just as half time was approaching 2 goals were scored, the first by Hugo Almeida with an excellent lob after receiving a 50 yards pass by Kees Howard but just as the wistle was about to blow, Dinamo levelled it at 1-1. Some good work down the left resulted in a cross by Niculescu which sailed over the hapless Walker into the far corner.

As the second half got under way Howard brought on Salas for the below par Christie, and it was Salas that was involed in the second, as he received a pass from Blonk he was bundled to the ground by Galamaz, penalty. Howard stepped up and made the score 1-2. As the game progressed Dinamo pushed forward and and time was nearing the end got their reward, a deep cross was fired back accross goal only for it to strike Jlloyd Samuel's arm, Dinamo had another penalty. This time they made no mistake in levelling the score.

Overall - Good result away from home

News Update

After only a few months in charge of Woodley Town manager Kees Howard is picking up his first manager of the month award. The panel awarded Howard after leading his team to 5 wins.

International's

Matthew Upson has been rewarded for fine form not only with the player of the month award but he has also been called into Sven's England squad. The former Brum man said he was "over the moon" with how things are going. Also young Portugese striker Hugo Almeida has been selected in the Portugal U21 squad. Almeida has recently been the transfer target of Zaragoza, Schalke and Seville after scoring 7 goals in 7 games for Woodley.

UEFA League Two - Ascoli v Woodley Town

Ascoli 1-1 Woodley Town

Woodley can count themselves very lucky to come away with a point from this game.

Woodley took the lead early on after good work from Dean Marney set up Marcelo Salas. After this Ascoli dominated possesion and missed a hatful of chances to score. Callum Davenport came of injured as did keeper Ian Walker, this gave debuts to Cesar Arzo and Michael Oakes. Not long after the changes Ascoli levelled it at 1-1, Oakes seeing his save drop to the feet of the Ascoli striker. From here all the way to the final whistle Ascoli was on top and only a goal line clearance from Jlloyd Samuel saved Woodley.

Overall - Bad performance, lucky result

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Spartak Moscow

Woodley Town 0-1 Spartak Moscow

Woodley Town's unbeaten run came to an end today after an excellent display from Spartak.

Spartak enjoyed more possession and made it pay through out the whole match. Hugo Almeida did have a goal disallowed but take nothing away from Spartak as the deserved their win.

The winning goal came in the first half as a corner was knocked down to Mahia inside the 6 yard box and the defender couldn't miss.

Overall - Well beaten

UEFA League Two - Blackburn v Woodley Town

Blackburn 2-2 Woodley Town

A Paul Dickov brace was not enough to secure the win for Blackburn against Woodley Town.

Woodley started slightly better than Blackburn creating a few half chances early on, but on 22 minutes they took the lead after a fine passing move. It started at the back with Cesar Arzo spreading the ball to Dean Marney who played Hugo Almeida down the right wing, Almeida crossed deep to the far post where Richard Blonk did superbly to cut the ball back for Gary Speed to drill home into the corner.

The lead lasted less than 15 minutes as Dickov collected a Tugay pass on the edge of the box, turned and placed the ball past Ian Walker.

Not long into the second half Dickov got his second, Tugay received the ball in acres of space in the middle of the park and his 35 yards strike was spilled by Walker and Dickov reacted first, 2-1 Blackburn.

Woodley were level around 10 minutes later as a hopeful long ball by Gary Kelly eluded the Blackburn defence and Malcolm Christie, a half time sub for Almeida, collected the ball and lobbed the on coming keeper to level the score.

As both teams looked to pass the ball around time went by and the final whistle was blown.

Overall - Good away result

Inter-Toto Cup 2nd Round - Woodley Town v Getafe

Woodley Town 2-1 Getafe

Woodley Town progressed into round 3 of the Inter-Toto cup with a good performance against Getafe.

Woodley started well, keeping possession and playing nice passing moves. And after 25 mins a corner was played short to Dean Marney, he skipped past 1 defender only to be tripped as he went at goal, penalty. Kees Howard stepped up but his poor effort was easily saved.

Not disheartened Woodley still passed well and got their reward when Marcelo Salas scored twice in 2 minutes. The first after good work by Gary Kelly and Marney down the right flank and the second after Hugo Almeida crossed in for the Chilian to finish.

The match was a slightly dirty affair with eight players picking up yellow cards. As time ticked away Getafe got a lifeline. Gulza scored with only 5 minutes left on the clock, this caused a frantic end to the game but Getafe couldn't break the Woodley defence again.

Overall - Good result

The draw for Round 3 saw Woodley drawn at home against Celtic. Celtic are not playing well in the Championship and occupy 17th place.

Woodley will have some confidence going into this match after already knocking out Rangers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by chesterfan2:

Nice start.

Most of all keep it up !

All suggestions are welcome. What do you mean flesh it out a bit. I'm kinda new at this... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit like this really...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Transfer Signings

The Club would like to announce, as was earlier mentioned, the capture of young wingers Martin Brittain and Emil Hallfreosson. Both players have signed on free transfers from Newcastle and Spurs.

Kees Howard says "I'm delighted with these two signings as they are both exciting prospects. They have skill and pace and that will cause an y defence problems"

Also Woodley have signed young Roma defender Daniele Magliocchetti. The 19yr old can play anywhere accross the defence and will provide cover for the coming season.

One fan said "This young Italian has got people buzzing, he's meant to have a lot of talent and I can't wait to see him break into our first team squad"

I would like to think that we've the signings we've got and the people we are trying to get in we will have a good season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say this was overall a very good story. I'd echo Educated Hick in that you don't want to get all your story 'out there' too quickly. As they say in the movies. 'Leave 'em wanting more'

Its a very good start, concise but detailed enough to be readable. Don't get too ahead of yourself though, as with so many other stories on the board, some readers will see 30 odd posts up there and think 'woah' where did that come from. But that's just my view, others like em quick and fast, do what feels comfortable for you.

Love the UEFA idea btw and a strong start icon14.gif

News

After his recently call up to the England national squad Matthew Upson has been praised by his manager Kees Howard

Howard was quoted saying that "Upson is one of the main reasons for the teams good start to the season. He has helped the defence concede only 7 goals in our opening matches"

Upson was said to be "enjoying his time since the moved" and wanted to thank chairman Rachael O'Reilly for signing him.

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Leverkusen

Woodley Town 0-1 Leverkusen

Leverkusen came out on top in the match but both team played poorly and never seemed to get going.

The only goal of the game came midway through the first half and Leverkusen pressured with a few corners, the ball dropped invitingly inside the book and Schneider was there to score.

Woodley had some chances but never looked like scoring and even when manager Kees Howard went with 3 up top they still failed to impress. The only player to come out with any credit was Jlloyd Samuel who gave a solid performance from left back.

Overall - Poor against a quality side

News

Woodley Town currently find themselves in 3rd place in the league after 10 games but many fans will be asking how?

They have not won a laegue match for 5 games now.

Manager reassures fans that this is only a temporary blip and they will be back on form in no time.

Some fans seem unsure as the next two fixtures are against Steaua who are in 7th place, just 1 point behind and Zaragoza who are 6th but level on points with Woodley

The next few weeks will be a test for rookie manager Kees Howard to see if he can keep up Woodley Town's excellent start

UEFA League Two - Steaua v Woodley Town

Steaua 1-0 Woodley Town

Woodley Town were on the end of another 1-0 defeat, this time against Steaua.

Steaua set out very attacking, playing 3-4-3, and it was this that caused problems for Woodley as Steaua dominated the frist half. Steaua got their reward through a Mark Pembridge goal.

As the second half got underway Woodley looked more determinded to play well and they did, creating a few half chances but nothing to worry the keeper. But as we went into the final 15 minutes Hugo Almeida missed a golden chance, the ball falling to him, 15 yards out, with an empty net but his effort went wildly over the bar. As if that wasn't bad enough Woodley got a penalty shortly after. Michael Tonge was fouled just inside the box and Kees Howard stepped up, but him tame penalty was easy to save and that summed up how things are going for Woodley at the moment.

Overall - Need to score!!

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Zaragoza

Woodley Town 5-1 Zaragoza

Woodley came back to winning ways with a bang!

Manager Kees Howard made two changes to the line up, bringing in Gary Kelly at right back and Luiz Saritama in central midfield. The changes seemed to work right from the off as Woodley went ahead after only a few minutes. A good passing move found Richard Blonk down the left and his cross found Marcelo Salas who took aim only to have his shot saved, but Hugo Almeida was first to get to the loose ball to make it 1-0 Woodley. Zaragoza came back into the game and made the score 1-1 from a powerful Milito header. Milito had found Savio on the left and Savio picked Milito out with a pin point cross.

Both teams were trying to keep the ball and work hard to get the second goal and it was Woodley who got it.

Kees Howard was fouled 25 yards from goal, up stepped Richard Blonk who blasted in a Stuart Pearce style free kick for his frist goal in a Woodley shirt.

In the early stages of the second half Zaragoza did all the pressing but couldn't find a way past Upson and Arzo. But Zaragoza shot themselves in the foot when their keeper threw the ball straight to Hugo Almeida who made no mistake in scoring his second of the afternoon.

Within a minute he had his hat-trick, receiving a superb pass from Franklin Salas to score a delightful lob over the keeper.

With the clock running out you could see the Zaragoza players just wanted the final whistle but they had to wait a little longer when Malcolm Christie scored a tap in from close range after good work from F Salas.

After the game Chairman Rachael O'Reilly came onto the pitch to congratulate the team on this excellent victory.

Overall - Stunning

News

On the injury front Liam Ridgewell is back from his shin injury, he had spent 4 weeks out. He looks forward to challenging for his place back.

International News, Emil Hallfeosson has been called into the Iceland U21's. Also being called into the U21 front Hugo Almeida.

International Performance

Franklin Salas was included in the Ecaudor starting eleven during their 2-1 win against Uruguay. This leaves Ecuador in 4th place and secured their place in the World Cup in Germany.

Salas said "To qualify for the World Cup is amazing, it's every players dream to be there and hopefully my form for Woodley will make sure i'm picking in the squad"

Manager Kees Howard is delighted for the South American star.

More International News

Franklin Salas was involved in Ecuador's final group game against Chile. Ecuador won the match 1-0.

19 year old Cesar Arzo was selected for Spain U19's match against the Republic of Ireland. The final score was 1-1 with Arzo playing 90 mins. Arzo was also involed in Spain's 2-1 defeat to Latvia.

UEFA League Two - Woodley Town v Hibernian

Woodley Town 5-4 Hibs

What a match! Two hat-tricks and an entertaining game.

Where to start....Woodley started well against 14th place Hibs scoring after only 1 minute when Marcelo Salas blocked a clearance from the goalkeeper and slotted home into an empty net, but the lead didn't last long as Garry O'Conner beat a defender and shot past Ian Walker. As the half went on both teams attacked with purpose and Woodley scored next, Franklin Salas setting up his name-sake Marcelo with a tempting cross that the Chile striker headed home. Just as it looked like Woodley would lead at the break Garry O'Conner scored his second beating Walker at his near post.

As soon as the second half started O'Conner completed his hat-trick with a sizzling strike into the roof of the net from 25 yards. As we entered the final 15 minutes Walker came racing out of his area to clear the ball, only to find Derek Riordan who smashed the ball in from fully 45 yards. With the score at 2-4 many fans thought it was beyond Woodley but the players didn't believe this and when substitutes Malcolm Christie and Gary Speed combined to make it 3-4 some fans hoped for a draw. Within a minute they got their wish as a wayward pass found M Salas one on one with the keeper and Salas spotted Christie in support and layed on the easiest of tap ins to make it 4-4 with 12 minutes remaining.

Woodley had the impetus now and pushed forward looking for the win and the goal came deeping into injury time with Richard Blonk finding M Salas in the area and he cheekily lobbed the keeper for his hat-trick and more importantly Woodley's 5th goal. Before Hibs even had the chance to kick off the final whistle was blown.

Overall - Good attacking but need to shore up that defence.

UEFA Trophy North - Round 1 - Woodley Town v Man City

Woodley Town 1-2 Man City

Woodley failed to produce the the same level of performance against City as they did against Hibs

Woodley started well with Almeida scoring from a Kees Howard pass. But this was the only highlight as Man City controlled and dominated the game.

Vassell scored twice at the end of the first half for City.

Woodley pushed hard at the end but couldn't find the goal they needed as they crashed out in the first round.

Overall - Beaten by a better team

UEFA League Two - Dortmund v Woodley Town

Dortmund 3-0 Woodley Town

I've got one name for you..... Rosicky.

This was a huge match as 1st played 2nd. Dortmund were on form and had opened up a 6point gap over Woodley and Woodley were desperate to close the gap.

But it was not too be as Tomas Rosicky was a mastermind, scoring two and setting up the other.

After 27 minutes things were even and then Rosicky came to town, he played in the striker with an excellent pass, Koller took aim but found Walker in his way, the luck was against Woodley as it fell to Rosicky who calmly shot into the empty net. This was the only event of a quiet first half.

As the second half started Woodley played some good football with Kees Howard trying to open up Dortmund, when he did Almeida and Salas found Weidenfeller in fine form. Rosicky then turned provider as he swung a corner over for Metzelder to head home from close range, but that wasn't it for Rosicky as he then scored a sublime lob from fully 35 yards over the despairing Walker.

Manager Kees Howard admitted that Rosicky was the diffence between the teams and that he should be playing at a higher level.

Overall - One man made the difference

Archived