Editor: Dutch "Topklasse".

JahRastafari

Dear forum members,

This year is the start of the league in between professional (Eredivie & Jupiler League) and amateur football called the "Topklasse".

My wish is to apply this change into the database. After trying some changes in the editor I end up with the same problem all the time.

As for the "Topklasse" the league and the teams are being set up already. Though the "Hoofdklasse" is also available. And my problem is the following: I can not select the Topklasse as the third in ranking, after the Eredivie and Jupiler League, although i select it as the third the Hoofdklasse stays ranked as the third. This leads to, that the teams promoted from Topklasse are not going to the Jupiler League (as for the teams relegated in the Jupiler League), but end up in the Hoofdklasse. So I tried to errase the Hoofdklasse, but as well this don't help because now there's an empty space ranked as the third leauge in the Dutch pyramid.

Does anybody has an idea how to set up the "Topklasse" in a valid way so all the teams promoted and relegated end up in the right league, without using the "Hoofdklasse" (which in fact has to be the fourth ranking league. Split up in many regional, saturday and sunday leagues)?

I Hope any body knows a way. And already Thanks :)

Congrets to SI Games for creating another wonderfull game!

I just found this reply in the Data issues-Holland topic:

Quote Originally Posted by T-IceMan View Post

I noticed this as well, its not part of the Dutch league system in the editor indeed....

Yes, there's something fishy going on with that. It should pretty much work, but it seems for some reason the Hoofdklasse is hard-coded and thus doesn't allow the Topklasse to come over it or something. (All has been set in my database)

This was brought up around a week ago by one of the leading members of The Dugout. The Programmers told me they are looking into adjusting this for the Game Day Release Patch.

However, I have no idea if this actually gets done. So hopefully it does. It will not be playable (Company rules) - but then it should be easily adjustable through the Competition Editor.

It seems like a bug or not?

You can remove the Hoofdklasse in the xml file of the netherlands. That way the Eerste Divisie will be the lowest league and you can add the Topklasse underneath it in the editor. Don't forget to put the hoofklasse underneath the Topklasse again. This worked for me anyways... so goodluck!

You can remove the Hoofdklasse in the xml file of the netherlands. That way the Eerste Divisie will be the lowest league and you can add the Topklasse underneath it in the editor. Don't forget to put the hoofklasse underneath the Topklasse again. This worked for me anyways... so goodluck!

Can you give me a private message with your edited xml file? Haven't really had luck working with it (i need to know the numbers of the hoofdklasse or something?)

If you can wait for a while. I still need to sort some things out. I managed to make the Topklasse playable. But during my hollyday testing a few major issues occured.

Here is my progress so far:

Biggest Issues:

- Regelation of teams from the Eerste Divisie isn't going the way it suppose to. Instead of regelating to the Topklasse, they are regelating to the amateurs straight away. Instead of the No 18 of the Eerste Divisie, the No 1 of the Eredivisie, plays both Topklasse and Eredivisie in the second season.

- Topklasse teams don't enter the Dutch Cup, while lower tier amateur teams do.

Minor Issues:

- No reserve or youth fixtures

- One legged play-off final instead of two-legged

Good points:

- Saturday and Sunday teams don't mix up after the first season.

- Promotion to the Eerste Divisie worked fine

- Promotion/Regelation to (inactive) Hoofdklasse works perfectly, saturday hoofdklasse teams promote to the Topklasse saturday league and the Sunday's HK teams to the Topklasse Sunday league.

Great;

Could you let me know when there's a working file? :)

I was kinda hoping you could help us out here :p. The Dutch Cup thing isn't really a big issue, because the cup isn't hard coded and it's easy to let the TK-clubs enter. The Eerste Divisie relegation however is a big point. I tried several things in either the editor or the xml-file, but the only thing that works is completely recreating the Dutch league system (or at least from the Eerste Divisie onwards), but as you know, this also involves recreating Eerste divisie periods and European play-offs and such and I don't know how to do that.

But there must be another way to change the relegation destination of the Eerste Divisie?

Well I managed to solve the two big issues!!!

You need to use the empty Hoofdklasse parent competition(ID=152048) in order to add the topklasse. You still need to remove the Hoofdklasse from the xml-file though, otherwise you cannot add other Subdivisions to it.

The Dutch Cup will pick teams from the subdivisions from (ID=152048) and also relegate #18 from the Eerste Divisie to it. So if you change the subdivision to the Topklasse Zaterdag and Zondag it will be fine...

• SI Staff
I was kinda hoping you could help us out here :p. The Dutch Cup thing isn't really a big issue, because the cup isn't hard coded and it's easy to let the TK-clubs enter. The Eerste Divisie relegation however is a big point. I tried several things in either the editor or the xml-file, but the only thing that works is completely recreating the Dutch league system (or at least from the Eerste Divisie onwards), but as you know, this also involves recreating Eerste divisie periods and European play-offs and such and I don't know how to do that.

But there must be another way to change the relegation destination of the Eerste Divisie?

:D

I'm not much of a programming whiz-kid

I have addressed it at the SI programmers, but they're still looking into it too!

• SI Staff
Well I managed to solve the two big issues!!!

You need to use the empty Hoofdklasse parent competition(ID=152048) in order to add the topklasse. You still need to remove the Hoofdklasse from the xml-file though, otherwise you cannot add other Subdivisions to it.

The Dutch Cup will pick teams from the subdivisions from (ID=152048) and also relegate #18 from the Eerste Divisie to it. So if you change the subdivision to the Topklasse Zaterdag and Zondag it will be fine...

So, now it works accordingly?

BTW This is just very basic, haven't changed reputations or added price money and all that kind of stuff. Just added the topklasse to it. Clubs will have no budget (resulting a large number of takeovers). But it is playable....

I'm working on a much more detailed version for mainly myself...

I want to give the Topklasse clubs a budget (only FC Oss is set). What will be a reasonable ammount for these clubs? I reckon some teams will have a larger budget, like Rijnsburgse Boys and De Treffers.

i reckon budgets from 10k to 50k for transfers (maybe thats even too much) and salary shouldnt be a lot. These teams dont have a lot of money to spend in real life. A tip might be to check some of the Top Klasse updates for FM10, some of them were very good. Maybe you can get a good indication for transfer and salarybudgets there.

Good luck!

A few notes to my Topklasse minimal release... It's still pretty basic. Some things haven't been set like budgets.

Other points:

- No price money is set

- a few clubs are still set be with a reputation of 1, between 1000-1500 is reasonable for these clubs.

- You might want to change a few clubs from amateur into semi-pro.

- Clubs do enter the Dutch Cup, but you won't get board expectations/confidence level for it.

- Promotion play-off is only one leg

- It's possible that a few clubs will switch from the Zaterdag to Zondag division. Happened only once in a first 3 seison hollyday testrun, but in another run already two clubs switched after the first season.

- And a few other things...

But on the positive side you can get a bit creative and relegation/promotion to the Eerste Divisie works perfectly

i reckon budgets from 10k to 50k for transfers (maybe thats even too much) and salary shouldnt be a lot. These teams dont have a lot of money to spend in real life. A tip might be to check some of the Top Klasse updates for FM10, some of them were very good. Maybe you can get a good indication for transfer and salarybudgets there.

Good luck!

Tnx... I found a source online stating that BVV Barendrecht has 150k total to spend. So I'm setting the total budgets between 75k to 175k, I'll leave transfer and salary budgets empty. A few teams a bit higher, like Rijnsburgse Boys, I know they are pretty rich...

:) the Topklasse ones?, or did u also give eredivisie etc. clubs shorts :p.

Only the topklasse ones, but they aren't included in the file I uploaded. I didn't do the eredivisie ones, so yours is quite handy.

Archived