Number of teams in cup keeps resetting to 256

Sommerville27

I am trying to create a cup competition with 270 teams competing in it, I type 270 into number of teams in competition, but when I click off it (i.e. select something else or something) it changes to 256. I managed to fix it in the xml but its still pretty annoying! Does anyone know why it does this?

256 is a typical 1 byte limit though I doubt it's a limit of how many can compete in a cup. Have you set from which divisions the competitors are coming from and certain that they are 270?

Even if that was the case I'm pretty sure it should give you some warning when you lose focus instead of just jumping back to 256.

EDIT: It's of course not only a Byte limit but a power of two so if is a good number for a knockout tournament. Check also where you set how the rounds are played in the cup and ensure you add 270 teams to the cup.

Just open the xml and manually edit the number.

Or, open editor/data/format/rule group/basic cup settings.xml

You will see something like this

<!-- number of teams -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="number_teams"/>

<string id="name" value="Number Of Teams In Competition"/>

<flags id="type" value="integer"/>

<string id="hint" value="The number of teams in this competition[COMMENT: Competition editor; field hint]"/>

<integer id="width" value="100"/>

<integer id="default_value" value="64"/>

<integer id="min_value" value="2"/>

<integer id="max_value" value="256"/>

increase 256 to a big number

You can alos edit basic league playoffs.xml to remove those limit when creating league promotion relegation playoff

Archived