FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys - I've just rejoined the world of FM after a 2 and a half year absence. The "other half" used to go insane every time a new came out as she knew she would loose my attention of an evening and weekend!

I've just purchased FM from Game via the website and as its a download there will no Game carrier bag, no receipt and more importantly NO BOX!!!!

I can now pretend I'm working and play FM on my laptop without any evidence out there to trip me up!!!

In my last game i was Leyton Orient and managed to get them to the Prem but never had any success in Europe - late i know but im going to give this challenge a go!

Im going to start in Russia - just going through my "holiday" now so will post again when im set up with a team etc....

blue_magic - no point having a custom database. not sure they're valid for this challenge anyway.

captain cardigan - welcome back and welcome to the best challenge thread. look forward to seeing who you go for.

Haven't given up on my save yet, just had no time to play in the last 3 weeks. If I don't get sacked for underachieving this season I reckon next season could mark some significant improvement if I manage to replace my squad as I have planned.

Good luck to the newstaters :thup:

Hmmmmm, I did say if....

A 4-1 drubbing by Maritimo B on the last day was too much for the board and they sacked me, even though we finieshed in 10th, 1 place and 4 points worse off than last year...

Having a look at my options now...

I'd say go have a look around the skinning forum for some stuff. Personally I'm using the shiny logos megapack and I'm yet to come across any team that wasn't extremely obscure that didn't have a logo in the game.

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Sagres

Season 2019/20 - Season Summary

Start of 2019/20 situation:

Club Value: £3.7m - £4.9m loan debt

Media Prediction: 12th

Board Expectation: Mid Table

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £11.10/£112

Squad Average Age: 24

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £26,413/£26,385

Bank Balance: £1,215,379

Transfer Budget: £382,773

The Players

Quite a few big-name outgoings this season, with Petukhov leaving in July and then João Pinto and Leanoardo leaving us in the new year. I was very reluctant to let Leonardo go, as he was a great talent, but £2m plus 20% of a future transfer was too big an offer to refuse really.

[[Transfers]]

(apologies for the stitched together image - lots of youngsters released on frees in the missing middle bit)

With the exception of Josué, who was to cover for the departing João Pinto, every single player I brought in was one for the future.

The Staff

One big change this season as my AssMan decided to take up a management role in the Liga Orangina. Tó Miguel stepped up into the role from that of a coach. I don't think there's much of the world now where I don't have at least some scouting presence.

The Club

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, attendances were up again. Unfortunately, the board won't currently entertain the idea of expanding. The money coming in from sales did, however, convince the board to finally upgrade some facilities, with the recruitment network going up to fairly basic, and the youth facilities in the process of an upgrade now. This season also saw me get approached by the board at Sporting. I think if this wasn't a challenge game, I'd have found it extremely hard to turn that down.

Supertaçal

Playing Benfica is never easy. They were definitely the better team, but we didn't roll over at all. Unfortunately, it just wasn't enough and we lost.

Final score Benfica 2 - 1 Oliveira Bairro

Taça de Portugal

[[Fixtures]]

After last year's relatively easy run, we were afforded no such luck this year, drawing Sporting early and then Braga in the Quarters. For the semi-final we were drawn against Vit. Guimarães...

Bwin Cup

[[Fixtures]] [[Round 3 Table]]

Straight in to the third round this year, but with the exception of Santa Clara the group was not easy. Funny that, because we made it look easy, to book our place in the semis against Leira...

The League

We carried on our good run from the previous year, and with two thirds of the season behind us sat a very impressive 4th. Somehow it all fell apart though, as we lost the last 6 games of the campaign, slumping to a disappointing 8th.

[[Fixtures 1]] [[Fixtures 2]]

[[Table]] [[Graph]]

Bwin Cup Semi-Final

Up to this point, I'd had a pretty good record against Leira, having won 5 of our previous 10 meetings. Unfortunately, not only was the match away, but it came at an awful time for us. 9 members of the first team were away on international duty plus a couple of injuries. I was forced to use U19 players just to have a full compliment of strikers on the pitch, with no cover on the bench either. This was further compounded when Dani was forced off just before half time with an injury. They dominated proceedings, but all things considered I'd say we put up an excellent fight - only losing narrowly in the end.

Final Score: Leira 1 - 0 Oliveira Bairro

Taça de Portugal Semi-Final

Leg one saw us at home and I was itching for my second piece of silverware. We came out amazingly, 2-0 up by half time and adding a third not long after the break. We fell asleep after that, though, allowing them to pull 2 back

Oliveira Bairro 3 - 2 Vit. Guimarães

After the two away goals, I knew we had to stay strong in the second leg. Conceding a goal on the 12th minute was definitely not part of my plan. We kept battling, though, and were eventually rewarded with a 67th minute equaliser. Unfortunately we weren't in for a repeat, as we let another one slip through on the 80th and just didn't have the legs to get back on level terms - out on away goals.

Final Score Vit. Guimarães (4) 2 - 1 (4) Oliveira Bairro

I honestly can't say I'm disappointed with that season. The awful fall from grace at the end was annoying, but overall we definitely performed to the level that I'd expect.

Key Players

• Lionel Aguerre - After a couple of quiet years, Aguerre has regained his promotion-winning form. 18 in 27 for the league, and 27 in 37 overall is a great return for one of a 3 man strike force.
  • Ugochukwu Yakubu - At only 19, this lad still has a lot of room for growth. He started every single league game this season, and the consistent game time definitely showed in his stats.
  • Andreas Werner - Did exactly what I needed him to do in stopping opposing wingers from having an impact. Averaging nearly 7 tackles a game in the league and a 7.08 average rating.

Prospects

All brought-in again, I'm afraid:

• Daniel Scholz - Coach Report - Hotly tipped German Centre-back. Having a little trouble fitting into life in Portugal at the moment, but I'm hoping he'll get himself sorted out.
  • Atanas Nenov - Coach Report - Only 18, but already I've seen fit to give him a couple of matches. I seem to be falling over good young 'keepers at the moment though, so he's got some work to do to win out.
  • Ronald van Brakel - Coach Report - I nearly put Ugo in here again, but seeing as he's a first team regular it didn't seem right. van Brakel has already shown himself pretty capable in a supporting role, so hopefully he can develop further and challenge for a first team place.

Awards

Lots of nominations this year, but the only one we got was Lionel Aguerre third place for top league scorer

2019/20 Goals

• Make a push for Europe - We'd have got there, too, if it weren't for that collapse
  • Improve Facilities or Stadium

New Records

Club:

Highest Gate Receipts: £70,000 v Braga in Liga Sagres

Average Attendance: 7224

Highest Scoring Game: 5-4 v Académica in TdP

Most Games Without Losing: 13

Player:

Elsewhere

European Championships: Czech Republic

Club World Championship: FC Bayern

European Champions Cup: At. Madrid

EURO Cup: Inter

Portugese Liga ZON Sgres: Porto

Taça de Portugal: Porto

Bwin Cup: Leira

Other

This Year's Best XI

Newly inducted into the all-time XI - Ugochukwu Yakubu, Andreas Werner

Fans player of the season: Lionel Aguerre

League Rep: 8th (English FA cup above us, Turkish Premier below) (+3)

Nation Coefficient: 9th (Holland above us, Ukraine below) (-)

Start of 2020/21 situation:

Club Value: £6m - £4.5m loan debt (+£2.3m)

Media Prediction: 12th (no change)

Board Expectation: Mid Table

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £11.50/£116 (+£0.40)/(+£4)

Squad Average Age: 23 (-1)

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £24,875/£39,578 (-£1,538)/(+£13,193)

Bank Balance: £2,574,363 (+£1,358,984)

Transfer Budget: £1,326,557 (+£943,784)

2020/21 Goals

• Qualify for Europe
  • Make a profit on transfers

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!
Liga Sagres		14th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round	
Liga Sagres		7th		N/A		Winners!		Final		Won Taça de Portugal, Runner-up in Bwin Cup
Liga Sagres		8th		N/A		Semi-Final		Semi-Final

91013388.png

RB Leipzig - German 3. Liga 2011/12

Introduction

After my failure in Portugal I decided I wanted to take a team from East Germany to the top (or at least fail at it). I remembered trying to get RB Leipzig to come up with the 11.1 database and it just wouldn’t happen, so it was a nice surprise to see them come up now!

They will definitely provide an easier challenge, the club has average training facilities and good youth facilities with an academy. They also get €5M per year until 2019 in sponsorship, IRL the money coming from Red Bull. They play their games at the Red Bull Arena, the formerly named Zentralstadion which was used in WC 2006.

redbullarena.jpg

3. Liga

Media Prediction: 17th

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

My Target: Avoid relegation

League Table: 7th ǁ Position Graph

We started off extremely well and led the league for good part of the start of the season. In what was ultimately a very even league our inconsistency in the second half of the season cost us and we slipped all the way down to 7th.

DFB-Pokal

Not entered.

Die Bullen

Transfers ǁ Squad

I inherited a very good squad, which unfortunately wasn’t 100% suited to the formation I play, so I sold a shed load of wingers. As usual, I signed a lot of players in the first season to add to squad depth.

GK: Tino Berbig – Decent goalie picked up on a free

DR: Lars Weißenfeldt – Only permanent signing I paid for, purely due to the fact I couldn’t find any other half decent right full-backs.

DC: Frank Fahrenhorst – The veteran was signed on a free from Schalke and was very composed at the back, chipping in with quite a few goals as well.

DC: Tim Sebastian – Very good defender who was already at the club, is captain.

DL: Igor Jovanovic – Only signed him because you need at least 4 German U-23s in your match day squad (he has German second nationality), but he surprised me with some very good displays.

DMC: Timo Rost - Veteran Anchor Man that was already at the club. Lost his place in the first 11 towards the end of the season and should only be a back-up next season.

MC: Thiago Rockenback – Another one already at the club, started the season as my playmaker but turned into a Box to Box Midfielder once I signed Bruggink.

MC: Romeu Ribeiro – Former Benfica youth picked up on a free. Very good defensively and was also able to contribute a lot offensively.

AMC: Arnold Bruggink – The veteran was brought in the January window and is clearly a different league to the rest of the players.

ST: Carsten Kammlott – Striking starlet already at the club, had a good season and was our top scorer.

ST: Stefan Kutschke – Another one already at the club, played a supporting role to Kammlott.

Other News

Finances – Would be screwed if it wasn’t for the massive sponsorship money, only made a €600k profit.

Due to finishing 10 places above predicted we were crowned overachievers of the season. The facilities are being upgraded. Also thought this was a bit harsh, but luckily for Ingolstadt they are re-doing the terracing before the start of the new season.

Career Overview

Season       League       Pos      DFB-Pokal      Europe      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12      3. Liga      7th      N/A            N/A         None  

Jonathan Newton's

Penalva do Castelo

sc-penalva-do-castelo-logo-primary.jpg

Segunda Divisao Sul 2013/14

A Good Start

In Short

Predicted: 13th

Actual: 10th

Taca de Portugal: 3rd Round vs U.Madeira 1:3

Finances: 95k

Transfers: 31 in (€0) 21 out (€0)

Season Tickets: 195

Manager: Starting Profile

Segunda Divisão Sul

Well the first 7 games seemed to show a great chance for our club going forward, was going to be an excellent season at that point having gone 4-2-1 through the start of the season. Three of those victories were against teams that ended up in the top half of the table, so it should've been an ontrack season. We were sitting in 5th overall when we had Camacha who were 4th coming to town, the result was a 0:1 loss, we followed this up by losing to Machico, my old club 0:2. Then we started on a horror run as we lost 9 of 11 games in a stretch through the middle, this included such terrible results as 1:5 away to Casa Pia, 0:6 at home to Farense and 3:6 to Louletano, who we had drawn with early in the season. We also managed a 7:2 victory over Pinhalnovense during that run. That dropped us way back down the table and I could see a relegation fight was coming, but we managed to sit ahead of it in 11th for most of the end of the season by winning 5 of our last 7 games to steal 10th on the final day of the season. That good run at the end, including 5 goals in the 7:2 win, saw Renato step up and take the Golden Boot for the league with 24 goals, the club lifted to over 60 goals for the season as well. Our goalscoring is definitely the high point, and hopefully with a few off-season changes we can build a better defense.

Fixtures 1-15

Fixtures 16-30

Player Stats

Team Stats

Taca de Portugal

A competition we were never likely to have a chance in, but we built two good wins to make it into the third round. This left us facing U.Madeira and we dropped that match three goals to one and it was all over, in the new season I am hoping to get into the fourth round with my new crop of players.

Fixtures

Club History

|---------|----------|-------=|----------|------------------|--------|---------------|
| Seasons |   Club   | League | Position | Taca de Portugal | Europe |  Achievement  |
|---------|----------|--------|----------|------------------|--------|---------------|
| 2011/12 | Machico  |  2DS   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/K1Wmu.png"]4th[/url]   |     3rd Round    |   --   |     None      |
| 2012/13 | Machico  |  2DS   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/Ty8Lb.png"]7th[/url]   |     2nd Round    |   --   | [url="http://i.imgur.com/tWvgh.png"]Sacked in 7th[/url] |
| 2013/14 | Penalva  |  2DS   |   [url="http://i.imgur.com/yLgqu.png"]10th[/url]   |     3rd Round    |   --   |  Golden Boot  |
|---------|----------|--------|----------|------------------|--------|---------------|

Club Records & Competition History

The Squad

Goalkeepers

30. Rene (GK) - Well he conceded 70 goals in 32 games, really I think that says it all. Our defense and keepers were not the best, I hope to improve it over the off-season.

Defenders

50. Ricardo Santos (DC) - With 6 goals he was a good example for the rest of the defense, but he will still probably be replaced when I find some better defenders in the off season.

The Others: 5. Tiago Braganca (DL), 2. Bruno (DRL), 26. Carlao (DLC), 62. Helvio (DRC)Midfielders

18. Luis Bornes (MC) - When I first signed him in January it looked like he would be a bench only player, behind the others, but Bornes turned into a star and his combination with Osardejor led to some great goals.

6. Marcio Sampaio (MC) - The more defensive player in the pairing I brought in during January, he was solid from the first and as such will remain in the role without a doubt.

The Others: 19. Acacio (MC), 16. Bruno Loureiro (MC), 17. Julio Coronel (MC) , 13. Mateus Fonseca (MC).Wingers

72. Cejero (MRL) - The captain of our mixed up bunch, he managed 8 assists in the season, but really he needs to improve if he wants to hold onto the captaincy or even the position.

27. Joazimar (MR) - With 7 assists and 3 goals he looked pretty good, but in general he was very inconsistent as he continued to be unable to keep performances going when he got a run on. The best winger in our squad.

The Others: 24. Maxence Pires Da Silva (ML), 12. Nuno Simoes (MR).

Strikers

1. Renato (ST) - 24 Goals in 31 games, with 5 games in the 7-2 Romp of Pinhalnovense, the 32 year old was the top scorer in the league all season, beating out Chico from Machico as well. A huge season as he broke every goalscoring record there was.

The Others: 10. Enosh Osardejor (ST), 29. Gabriel Oliviera (ST).

The Awards

2013/14 Best XI

2013/14 Fans PotY -

Next Season

Well I got offered a new one year contract, but I asked if they would give me two seasons, and they said yes, so Jonathan Newton is the manager of Penalva Castelo through until June 2016 now.

Hall of Fame

All the Completions so far as requested...

|------------|----------------|-----------|-------------------|--------------------|
| Challenger |      Club      |  Country  | Completion Season |    Achievement     |
|------------|----------------|-----------|-------------------|--------------------|
| ToMexico!! | Hallescher FC  | Germany   |     2021/22       | Completion Treble  |
| Almondo    | Wuppertaler SV | Germany   |     2021/22       | Footballer of Year |
| Ohanzee    | Albion Rovers  | Scotland  |     2025/26       | 8 Times SPL Champs |
| SnakeXe    | Messina        | Italy     |     2029/30       | Slow & Steady      |

Solid finish to the season LLR, which by the sounds of it had everything, I am sure the fans couldnt have complained about not getting value for their money with so many goals in all the games!!

What is your aim for the next season?

| Challenger |      Club      |  Country  | Completion Season |    Achievement     |
| SnakeXe    | Messina        | Italy     |     2029/30       | Slow & Steady      |

Slow and steady wins 4 consecutive Champions Leagues :cool:

Really disappointing to see less interest in this, I had way more fun doing this than I did dafuge's on FM10.

End of Season Update - 2017/2018 - Racing Club de Ferrol

racing-ferrol.gif

League:

Media Prediction - 2nd

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

First of all, apologies for the very late update. Exams and the new patch/new save all contributed to me never making up my mind to do this update. But now I've and here it is :D

League wasn't very easy, Barcelona were leading until late in the season, but we prevailed, so very pleased about that.

Spanish Cup - Lost 4-2 on aggregate to Barcelona in the Semi final

Spanish Super Cup - Won 6-4 on aggregate against Real Madrid

Champions Cup

Group Stages

Knockout Stages

The Final - Well what can I say, thank you Mamadou Sakho! :D

- Pastore :cool:

Main Players :

Arinze Odita

Sayed Mohsen

Marcelo

Hossam Ghader

Javier Pastore

David Jerez

Pepe

Kai Burmeister

Previous Season Aims:

Season  |  Club        |   League  		      |  Position  |  Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 | Ferrol S.A.D | Spanish Second Division B1 |    2nd     | Promoted via Playoffs!
2012/2013 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga Adelante	      |	   2nd     | Promoted!
2013/2014 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA                  |    11th    | Survived!
2014/2015 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    10th    | Spanish Cup Winners! Qualified for Europe!
2015/2016 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    1st     | League Champions!
2016/2017 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    1st     | League Champions! Spanish Cup winners!
2017/2018 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    1st     | League Champions! Champions League winners!

*** Challenge Complete ***

91013388.png

RB Leipzig - German 3. Liga 2012/13

3. Liga

Media Prediction: 11th

Board Expectation: Mid-Table Finish

My Target: Promotion Challenge

League Table: 1st ǁ Position Graph

This time we didn’t start as well, dropping a few silly points and not performing consistently. By the the half way point of the season we had established ourselves though and managed to turn the year in 2nd place. After that we didn’t look back and had an amazing 2013, including a 10 game winning streak, which coincided with 10 games without conceding too. Paderborn were also in amazing form, but we managed to seal the title on the last day with a 5-0 thumping of Dortmund II.

DFB-Pokal

Not entered.

Die Bullen

Transfers ǁ Squad

Even though I was given €275k to spend I was very reluctant to use it, seeing as I could decent players on frees to. Also had two bigger value sales, Pedro Moreira was never first choice so it seemed logical to sell him. Jovanovic had a very good first season, but when an offer for 3 times his value came in I knew I had to cash in, seeing as he was easily replaceable.

GK: Tino Berbig – Had another solid season, but I will be looking for a new keeper for the 2. Bundesliga.

DR: Andreas Görlitz – Signed on a free from Ingolstadt, the ex-Bayern trainee was very solid.

DC: Frederik Møller – Stumbled up on him and what a great signing. The young dane was excellent at the back and I have already has to reject a €600k offer from SV Ried for him.

DC: Tim Sebastian – The captain had an amazing season, earning the best average rating of the league.

DL: Sergiy Symonenko – I had signed Krük as my replacement for Jovanovic, but an agent offered me this guy and he seemed a much better short term solution. Didn’t disappoint.

DMC: Jurica Vranjes – Signed him at the end of the last season, his experience was vital this season as he protected the best defence in the league, with only 26 goals conceded in 38 games.

MC: Thomas Broich – Signed on a free, was consistent if unspectacular.

MC: Thomas Salamon – Picked him up on a free during the season, looked good and unlike most of my other midfielders is still relatively young.

AMC: Sebastián Grazzini – Signed on a Bsoman from Orihuela in Spain and he was my signing of the season. Dictated play and provided the strikers with deadly passes like a proper playmaker. Was voted 2nd best player in the league as well.

ST: Carsten Kammlott – If he had a good season last season, he had an absolute cracking season this one. Scored some impressive goals and was 3rd best Top Goalscorer with 21 goals. Has complained about moving a couple of times so far, but has been calmed down with assurances I want him to grow with the club.

ST: Niklas Hörber – Another player signed only because of the 4 German U-23 rule, but this one turned out even better, forming an excellent partnership with Kammlott.

Other News

Finances – Actually last money this season, which is very worrying, am hoping that the big league money in 2.Bundesliga will make us break even next season.

For a second season running we were voted overachievers of the season. I was voted Manager of the Season and we had three players in the Team of the Season

Career Overview

Season       League       Pos      DFB-Pokal      Europe      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12      3. Liga      7th      N/A            N/A         None
2012/13      3. Liga      1st      N/A            N/A         Promoted as Champions

2011-2012 Season Review- Serie C2/C-Hinterreggio-Season 1

Not a bad season in fairness. I wanted to stay up comfortably which is exactly what I did. For a while it looked like the playoffs were a possibility but I just missed out. There is definitely a platform here to build from for next season. Nothing of note in the Serie C cup finished 2nd but not one of the 8 best 2nd placed teams.

Stars of the Season

Steeve Gerard Fanka

Well named my right midfielder had an amazing season. 14 assists and contributed so much going forwards. Signing of the season in my opinion.

Diego Lopez Centurion

Striker in deadly form all season. Without his 19 goals I wouldn't have had a chance of staying up. Hope to find a good partner for his next season.

Guillaume Valmy

Very solid at the back. Also contributed with 3 goals at the other end. Very useful player.

League-9th

League Position Graph

Serie C Cup-2nd in Group L

Manager Overview

Transfers

Next season:

Promotion

mantova-football-club.jpg

End of Season Update - 2018/2019 - Mantova F.C

Media Prediction - 7th

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

Finances - Overall, Expenditure, Income

Wow what a season, never expected to do so well, my main targets were to mount a title challenge and to do as well as we can in the Champions cup, not to win them both, altho im not complaining at all.

We were on course for my targets up until about November, then our squad started to dip in form slightly, so when the transfer period opened I was quick to splash some cash and I think I spent around £20m on afew new faces I was planning on brining in ready for next season.

The new players settled in well and we were back to winner form which we carried all the way through the rest of the season.

Also TV rights money.

Upgrades:

The upgrades can have its own section from now on because it seems like were always upgrading something.

Boardroom Overview.

Stadium Expansion.

Youth and Training Facilities.

Champions Cup

Well we had to do this the hard way and qualify first but an impressive 10-5 agg win over Fenerbahce saw us draw Basel, Valencia and Man Utd, after playing very well against them all and finishing 1st in our group we were drawn against the easier side of Lille, beating them 6-5 on agg.

Next up was the Quarter Final, drawn against Palermo, which was another easier team to play as we were used to the way they play, beating them 12-3 on agg.

Semi Final against A.C Milan, 1st leg was at Home so I wanted to try an get an early lead, and we played well winning 3-1, 2nd leg away, all we needed to do was keep it tight at the back but our team couldn’t do that and Zongo scored after 18mins, then A.C Milan started to play scoring 2 before the break, a change of tactics at half time was enough to keep A.C Milan from scoring there much needed 4 goal but it was a nail biting 45mins.

Final, against Atletico Madrid played at the Stade Roi Baudouin, Brussels. Just a take it as it comes type of match telling the lads before kick off that they could go on and win, but Atletico Madrid were the first to score after just 3mins and I thought there were more to come, but goals galore Mantova went on to score 3 with no answer from Madrid until just before half time when they hit 1 back, then Zongo hit his 25th Champions Cup goal on the stroke of half time. Which was the last goal of the game, a boring 2nd half with neither team attacking.

Results

Italian Cup:

We finally made it past the 1st round, but nothing major only got to the next round which is the quarter final but we lost…again. Results

Players:

Players 1 - Players 2

Transfers - Transfer 2

For some reason I had 2 seasons worth of transfers this year, the only thing I can think of is it is a bug.

Key Players:

GK: Denis Nocerino

RB: Matthias Straub

DC: Marek Suchy

DC: Tobias Figueiredo

DL: Ethan Pierson

DM: Francisco Javier Reyes

CM: Benoit Filippi

CM: Ian Williamson

AMC: Alejandro Gomez

ST: Ousmane Zongo

ST: Evzen Zelenka

Subs:

Raffaele Di Gennaro, Paolo Hernn Dellafiore, Yanis Dubos, Linton Loties, Jermaine Jones, Lorenzo Davids, Matias Gutierrez

Backups:

Nelson Rivas,

Louis White,

Ulysse Etcheverria,

Jorge Zinkunegi,

Clement Riviere

Awards:

Ousmane Zongo Serie A Top Goalscorer

Ousmane Zongo European Champions Cup Golden Boot

Ousmane Zongo European Champions Cup Best Player

Ousmane Zongo Europe‘s Top Marksman

5 Players in European Champions Cup Dream Team

Ousmane Zongo Fan’s Player of The Year

Next Season Aims:

• Top 2 Finish.
  • Improve youth quality.
  • Semi Final of Champions Cup.

Season   |   Club  |       League       |  Position  |  Comments  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 | Mantova | Italian Serie C2/A |     4th    | 
2012/2013 | Mantova | Italian Serie C2/A |     1st    | Champions, C2/A Super Cup Winner
2013/2014 | Mantova | Italian Serie C1/A |     5th    | Promotion, Serie C Cup Winner
2014/2015 | Mantova | Italian Serie B    |     1st    | Champions
2015/2016 | Mantova | Italian Serie A    |     15th   |
2016/2017 | Mantova | Italian Serie A    |     10th   |
2017/2018 | Mantova | Italian Serie A    |     4th    | ECC Qualified
2018/2019 | Mantova | Italian Serie A    |     1[size=2]st   [/size]| Champions, ECC Champions.
[color=#ff0000]*CHALLENGE COMPLETED*[/color]

Decided to give this a try in the Poroguese leagues, first time doing this as a challenge and on the forum :D

Leça Futebol Clube

lrg_Leca_FC.gif

The Leça Futebol Clube Board have hired a relatively unkown Scottish manager as their new boss!

Club Info

Founded - 1912

Media Prediction - 4th

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £3,200 (£1,013 used)

Seasonal aim - Top half finnish

other info

Stadium capacity - 18,000

Facilities - All basic and adequate

Ticket price - £3.50

Season tickets - £19

Manager Profile

LLR's Motivational Post

Now I posted something similar on the FM10 thread when I had not responded for a while, so here goes...

Liverbird - Best of Luck in Italy, hopefully you can go the distance with Hinterreggio and make it to the top of the world. (Or at least Europe), a good solid first season there in coming 9th, hopefully it will improve in the seasons to come. Hard Luck on finishing third there, hopefully the playoffs go well.

MattSpurs - Nice to see more competitors in Germany as always, good luck with Kiel, a Top half finish is not easy, but should be doable so long as you can bring in the right players from around Central Europe.

elsid - WOOOOHOOOO, Congrats on that finish there, really pushed it to the last in the Champions League, a 117th minute own goal to win it lol...

corinthiano - Nice second season with RB Leipzig there, looking forward to watching your club build as you move up the German Leagues.

danger_mouse - Wow Zongo is a goalscoring machine, I thought Renato with 24 from 25 was good for me, but that is a miracle effort, Congrats on only the 6th completion of the year, I should start trucking on with an aim of joining that list before the end of the year.

Jordann - Welcome aboard, it is never too late to start. Delighted to see you playing in Portugal, it has really become my home away from home. The only nation where I have ever made the top league even, we just need a Manager Screenshot from you.

As for me, everyone knows I am running my short challenges thread, A Vida Curta, am always welcoming new entrants into the fun that is the true short game. I am also playing along as Penalva Castelo in 2014, I have just completed my offseason so I will post a small update on the injuries to both my back-up strikers and also the range of up and down results we had, the huge number of central midfielders I brought in and where I am going to from here.

Best of luck to any other challengers I have missed and I hope you are all enjoying your saves.

LLR's Motivational Post

Jordann - Welcome aboard, it is never too late to start. Delighted to see you playing in Portugal, it has really become my home away from home. The only nation where I have ever made the top league even, we just need a Manager Screenshot from you.

I dont know how to make the picture smaller sorry

I dont know how to make the picture smaller sorry

If you put the URL in the following (Remove the *'s) it will appear as a link with your name as the words...

[*URL=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/260047-A-Vida-Curta-(LLR-s-Short-Challenges)]Jordan Dey[/url]

Generally is the best way to put screenshots into the forum as it keeps them small and out of the way and people can click and see them.

so after a few days away i'm back.... been dabbling in a few games trying to find a game to get going (i am struggling for motivation for now with East Stirlingshire...) i echo everything LLR said - welcome to the newcomers and congrats to those who completed the challenge!

i'm currently just starting a new game within this thread - if i can bed in i will reveal all but it is a team i couldn't really resist managing...

Oh Rlips with the normal new team, and a bit of a mystery...so it has to be someone with a history, probably previous top league history, and also some great achievements, and good facilities.

My Preseason update is about to come...

i like your thinking mate... However, the team i have gone for don't have the good history...

LLR's Penalva Castelo

Segunda Divisao Sul 2014/15

PreSeason Update

The Transfers

So in the transfer window we have brought in 12 players on frees, and let 5 others go. This has meant we are about 1k over our 2k wage budget, so I am probably going to have to make some harsh decisions on who to keep and who to sell in the near future. Of those 12 players, five are straight into the starting XI, one is on the bench and three are future prospects upfront where we needed cover.

The Five First Teamers: Michael Weir (DL/DM), Celio Reis (DR), Diogo (GK), Caio (AMC/ST), & Mauro Almeida (DC)

The Bench Player: Rui Gouveia (MRL)

The Hot Prospects: Carlos Vasques (AMC), Vando (ST), Robinho (MC)

The Fixtures

With 4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses it was a very up and down friendly period, but really a couple of the draws and losses came late against our reserves, so I was pretty happy with it. And we managed to get the whole squad match fit and ready to go, with the exception of a couple of players. The Results.

The Injuries

Well we ended up getting hit by some terrible injuries upfront as Oliveira and Vando got injured in the last few games, and will both be out in the range of Months with a broken ankle or damaged Achilles. So the start of the season will see Renato actually holding onto his starting Strikers spot even though it looked like one of the young guns would beat him out.

The Squad

Overall I am pretty happy with that preseason other than losing two strikers to long injuries, but looking at the squad we are better than last season, in particular at the back.

LLR's Motivational Post

danger_mouse - Wow Zongo is a goalscoring machine, I thought Renato with 24 from 25 was good for me, but that is a miracle effort, Congrats on only the 6th completion of the year, I should start trucking on with an aim of joining that list before the end of the year.

Yea Zongo was sensational for me, even tho my Ass Man rates him as my 3rd best striker.

Im unsure whether to carry on my Mantova save and see if i can win everything i can this season, or start the Challenge again with a different club in a different country? This is by far the best Challenge i have tryed :D

2012-2013 Season Review-Hinterreggio-Serie C2/C-Season 2

LEAGUE

A good season for us where we were at the top of the table for most of it. We had a bad run of form about half way through which dropped us down a bit. Before a strong finish saw us finish 3rd. We went into the playoffs against Matera with the away leg first. A 3-0 drubbing basically meant we weren't getting promoted this year. We drew 1-1 in the return leg to lose 4-1 on aggregate. Quite annoying but we will be back next year. Matera went on to get promoted.

CUP

We managed to qualify out of the group even though we had A C1 team in there. But we lost in the first round but not too disappointed.

STARS OF THE SEASON

Diego Albadoro

Amazing. SImply amazing. His goals were the reason we did as well as we did. When he didn't score we didn't score.

Steeve Gerard Fanka

Just like last year he pops up with a few assists and was generally solid for us on the right wing.

Diego Lopez Centurion

Last year he was the goalscorer. This year the provider. He created many of Albadoro's goals as well as scoring quite a few himself.

League-3rd

League Positions Graph

Serie C Cup-1st round v Chieti

Manager Overview

Transfers

Next season I really need to get promoted because my finances are awful.

Leça Futebol Clube

lrg_Leca_FC.gif

Season Review 2011/2012

League

Media Prediction - 4th

Actual Position - 12th

Hectic! Only way I can describe the season! We managed to start off winning, then hit an incredible patch of being unable to win, and unable to score until the final 10 games! January helped the team through a few new players, and brought in goals! We managed to avoid relegation on the last game of the season and finish 12th.

Next season the aim is to finish in the top half and be safe!

Transfers

Transfer Budget: £0k

Wage Budget: £3.4k p/w

16 in (£0), 6 out (£0)

Well the club, after gaining promotion to league football, was lacking in quality and quantity, so I went and bought 16 players, maybe the team took time to settle and that's why we didn't kick-off until the end of the season!

Statistics

Key Players

Ricardo Texeira

Sylvain Ovono

Dani

Tiago Silva

Ricardo Rocha

Archived