FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess people have started waiting on FM2012 already. Seen it mentioned in a few threads. But I don't think it was this quiet in here this time last year.

Cheers rlipscombe. I just hope that wasn't our big chance gone there. We seem to have got a very easy route to the final this season. But the team is just getting better and better. The joy of having a very young squad.

Nice to see you get off to a good start LLR! :thup: Hope this is the Team, with a big T. Haro Deportivo, I like the sound of that. Sounds like a European Champion already. :cool:

i thought when i missed out on penalties to Barcelona when i was managing Real Oviedo that i'd missed out but i think i did it a couple of years later. at the end of the day if you have the squad you have you will be knocking on the door year in year out.

As for Messina, my season will probably be conpleted tonight so hopefully i will get the season review up tomorrow.

Venezia pre-season 2022/23

I'm a wanted man. Obviously said no to all of them. Had an offer from Brazil last season as well. Kinda sad not being able to take them, but tbh I'm not that fuzzed about International management anyways.

Paloschi was let go as his contract ran out and he's getting old. Mattia Mazzoni went to Sampdoria for £4.5M as he had one year left on his contract and didn't want to be a backup player. Couple of reserve team players left and another batch of crap youth academy regens where thrown out.

Only a couple of new players for the first team.

Flavinho (Free) - Already mentioned last update, brilliant player. Sent off in his first match, but it was 2 yellow and late in the game so hopefully not gonna be a problem.

Roberto Barrena (£8.25M) - Another decent midfielder. Need the extra options as I found myself playing 4132 (3 central mids) a lot more than 3 strikers lately.

The rest of the signings are hot prospects for the U20s again

U20 - Players - Assistant Reports

Name			AGE	POS		COST
--------------------------------------------------------
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12pp2.jpg"]Danny Hoek[/url][/b]		18	SC		£4M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12pp3.jpg"]Erik Axelsson[/url][/b]		18	GK		£300K
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12pp4.jpg"]Robert Tulmans[/url][/b]		18	AML		£550K
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12pp5.jpg"]Justice Etoundi[/url][/b]		19	DC		£3.5M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12pp6.jpg"]Matthias Koch[/url][/b]		17	DC		£1.3M
[b][url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12pp7.jpg"]Elton Bunjaku[/url][/b]		18	MC		£300K
--------------------------------------------------------

I've also brought Michael Jensen and Abdelhadi Yilmaz up to the 1st team squad, cause they are to old for the U20s and to promising to rot in the reserves. Probably won't get to many matches though.

Seeded 1st in the ECC group stages again. We're in Group B.

Ohanzee - That is a couple of very solid seasons there, you are so close, hope you manage to avoid, or even better, beat them in the CL this year!

LLR - Good luck with Haro :thup:

As for RB Leipzig, I seem to have gone backwards this season, after a good start we have been inconsistent again and dont think will even challenge for promotion. I reckon I will be spending a while in the 2. tier, just dont seem to be able to perform against the bigger teams. I have been signing and developing a lot of young potentials though, so the save is definately still enjoyable :)

safe_image.php?d=cbac618b814dd9802f4a9bf7e9cc0e64&w=180&h=540&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fit%2Fc%2Fc0%2FAcr_messina_logo.jpg

A.C.R. Messina – Serie C1B – Season 2012/13

Season Review

Media Prediction: 10th

League Finish: 1st Graph

The League

CAMPIONE, CAMPIONE, OLE OLE OLE!! I’m so happy with our league performance. Stepping up to C1 I would have taken a top 10 finish but a solid back line and a potent attacking threat saw us hovering in the top parts of the table before we hit top spot at the end of January. We had a few little dips after that but we hit the top again in March and never really looked back from there winning the title with 2 games to go.

Serie C1 Super Cup

A little bonus for winning the league is the C1 super cup. We were to face once-mighty Verona who won C1A. A 1-1 away draw in the 1st leg left all to play for at the San Fillippo and we romped to a 4-1 win to win the Serie C1 Super cup 5-2 on aggregate. A great way to end the season.

Serie C Cup.

For whatever reason we were given a bye through the initial group stages this season and went on to have a good run to the semi-finals where we lost over two legs to Sorrento. I was a little disappointed to be honest as I thought we could have won that, but it wasn’t to be. Never mind

Coppa Italia

An easy 4-0 win against Paganese in the 1st qualifying round before we fell on penalties against Serie B Pescara after a 2-2 draw in the 2nd qualifying round.

The Players

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

Here’s a look at some of the key players for me in the current season:

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

Damiano Crescenti - Very much a back up to Martinuzzi this season. Touch and go whether he will stay at the club another season.

Fernando Martinuzzi - The quality goalkeeper I was after. He had a really good season and was the key difference in our tighter defence this season. A few more good seasons in him I think.

Full Backs

Daniele Ghidotti - First choice RB again, Daniele had a another good season. Jaime Serrano was pushing him hard though.

Alessandro Armenise - First choice LB for most of the season but he picked up far too many bookings. Was dropped towards the end of the season for Desole.

Jaime Serrano - Young Spaniard developed a bit this season and was pushing for the starting spot as the season progressed.

Mattia Desole - the young Swiss fullback did well when given a chance in the second half of the season.

Centre Backs

Fabio Buscaroli - Experienced CB was 1st choice partner for Spendlhofer for a lot of the season and his experience was important. Getting on a little now though.

Lukas Spendlhofer - the young Austrian was a rock at the back in his first season and was 1st choice CB throughout. Love this guy.

Marek Kysela - Czech youth international got some reasonable game time and still has decent potential. A good squad player.

Domenico Marchetti - very much a fringe player now, he will almost certainly leave this summer.

Midfielders

Robi Moreno - Peruvian winger was a star on the right wing, he is my player of the season. A remarkable thing to say after he did so poorly to start with on the left side, he got a chance on the right and never looked back. Scored so many important goals. Serie C1 player of the year.

Davide Matteini - I initially saw Davide as a squad player but he shone throughout and was almost as key as Moreno. A potent partnership on the flanks. Runner up to Merino in the Player of the Year.

Francesco Velardi - I thought Francesco would improve the middle of the park but he was generally poor and will probably be sold this summer.

Mirko Barbero - Mirko got some game time which will hopefully help him in the long run. Still has good potential.

Honour Gombami - Zimbabwean winger who did ok but never really got a look in with the form of Moreno.

Nicola Princivalli - I thought Nicola would help us in the middle of the park – how wrong I was! Poor form coupled with a poor injury record and poor discipline will see him leave in the summer.

Andrea Schiavone - young Italian was mainly cover but got a run at the end in CM and did well. One for the future still.

Luiz Gabriel Sacilotto - experienced Brazilian midfielder was for a long time one of my central two. Solid if unspectacular though.

Salvatore Temperino - first choice DM, he had a good season.

Elia Cortesi - didn’t handle the step up very well and lost out to Merino and Gombami. Will likely be sold this summer.

Riccardo Enrico - another to struggle to handle the step up, the brilliant Matteini kept him out for a lot of the season.

Lorenzo Insigne - Was just about the 1st choice in the centre of the park, he became more consistent as the season went on. Good set piece taker.

Davide Petrucci - very much a squad player though he did well in a little spell early in the season. Potentially key player in our future still, I may need to re-train him though as no place for am AMC in my formation.

Raffaele Maiello - Central midfielder loaned from Napoli for a second time but he didn’t get much game time at all as the squad has moved on in last 12 months.

Strikers

Said Ahmed Said - the young Ghanaian struggled a little this season and lost his place to Vojtus until Jakubs untimely injury. Best of the rest though.

Jakub Vojtus - Slovenian youth international was in blinding form until hi damaged his ligaments, ruling him out for a lot of the season. Struggled to find a replacement, his return will be welcomed.

Nicola Ferrari - Nicola spent time at the club in the summer on loan but didn’t earn a contract. I signed him after Jakub’s injury as a gamble but it didn’t really pay off.

Fabrice Do Marcolino - Signed in January for £24k from rivals Crotone where he had a 1 in 2 record, he didn’t really cut it at San Fillippo. His future is uncertain.

Diego Armando Montouri - Signed on loan from parent club Napoli, he wasn’t really the replacement for Vojtus either. Did ok when called upon though not as many goals as I would have liked.

Finances

Not too great really, as our higher wage bill and promotion didn’t lead to much of a rise in attendances. we were saved by our prize money for winning the league title and a bumper crows of 19,000 for the Super Cup win. Not overly concerned at the moment. Gambled a little on money for the return of promotion.

Start of season Targets

- Top 10 finish - Achieved!!

The Future

Serie B is a massive step up I feel and our squad currently is probably not good enough for much more than a place towards the bottom of the league. Some more investment is probably needed to strengthen for Serie B but to be honest I would be more than happy just to survive next season. Time will tell if that is possible.

Forza Peloritani!!

Career History

[size=2][font=Verdana]Season   League        Pos.    Serie C Cup  Coppa Italia  Europe   Achievements[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=Verdana]2011/12  Serie C2C     3rd       xxx          xxx        N/A     Promotion via playoffs[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=Verdana]2012/13  Serie C1B     1st       Semis      2nd Qual    N/A     Champions, Serie C1 Super Cup[/font][/size]

91013388.png

RB Leipzig - German 2. Bundesliga 2016/17

2. Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 8th

Board Expectation: Top-Half

My Target: Promotion Challenge

League Table: 9th ǁ Position Graph

Disappointing season. We started well and I thought a promotion challenge was on the cards, but we had an awful spell a quarter of the way into the season and never managed to get out of mid-table mediocrity after that. We just don’t seem to be able to compete with the top teams in the division at the moment.

DFB-Pokal

First Round – Another easy First Round draw and we were through safely.

Second Round – There was no way we would survive an away tie at the mighty Bayern, so I am happy with the narrow loss.

Die Bullen

Transfers 1 ǁ Transfers 2 ǁ Squad

Signed a lot of younger players this season, but only Isaacs and Herrera made an instant impact, but I do have good hopes for Alejandro Medina, a Colombian 18 year-old striker who scored in his debut and only one of a handful of performances this season. The standard player to leave over my head this season was Pinilla.

GK: Peter Isaacs – I already had him pre-signed a couple of years ago, had been expecting him to be good, but didn’t think he would be able to steal Eilhoff’s place so soon. His agent is evil though and he has requested a transfer, will try to convince him to stay in the summer.

DR: Jaime Serrano – With Pinilla gone the place went back to good old Serrano.

DC: Rafael Santos – The experienced defender was a good mid-season acquisition.

DC: Joona Toivio – Another solid season by the Finnish international, chipped in with 5 goals as well.

DL: Rubén Herrera – Signed the experienced Eichner from Köln, but this young kid claimed his place in the first team.

DMC: Moussa Narry – Remarkably still my main anchor man, will hold the record for most appearances with a couple of games next season.

MC: Carlos Fernández Gómez – Still playing very well, suffered a serious injury at the end of the season and was missed in the last games.

MC: Jaba Lipartia – Him and David Simão alternated in the first team, but Lipartia played a few more games.

AMC: André – Still absolutely amazing, an average rating of 7.27 and voted Fans Player of the Year for a second time, as well as a mention in the 2. Bundesliga Team of the Year. Am surprised no one has made a bid for him and only Cruzeiro are interested in a loan deal, hopefully it carries on this way.

ST: Pablo Chavarría – Not as deadly in front of goal, but still had an OK season. Still complaining a lot about wanting to leave for a bigger club, might just sell him if there is interest.

ST: Torsten Oehrl – Usually when a younger player plays well I stick to him, but Oehrl gave Jesé no chance with some very decent performances as a supporting target man.

Other News

Finances – Am getting too carried away with wages, but with Eilhoff and Yano going I will be a lot lighter. Just have to make sure I keep siging the younger guys, as their wages are ridiculously low compared to the more senior players.

Career Overview

Season       League             Pos      DFB-Pokal      Europe      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12      3. Liga            7th      N/A            N/A         None
2012/13      3. Liga            1st      N/A            N/A         Promoted as Champions
2013/14      2. Bundesliga      14th     Second Round   N/A         None
2014/15      2. Bundesliga      10th     First Round    N/A         None
2015/16      2. Bundesliga      7th      Second Round   N/A         None
2016/17      2. Bundesliga      9th      Second Round   N/A         None

frustrating season there corinthiano.. hopefully it'll be just a blip and you can continue on your upwards curve next season. this Medina sounds intriguing - hopefully he can push you forward next season.

LLR - Nice stadium. Agree, there seems to be a lot of room to expand around there to. :)

rlipscombe - Congrats on another promotion! Well done. :thup: I love your wingers to. Petrucci looks a bit under-developed for his age tbh, but if you're gonna retrain him I think I'd go with striker or winger. Good luck in the Serie B! Can you go for the triple-promo? :)

corinthiano - What rlipscombe said, frustrating. No fun taking a step back. Great performance against Bayern though. Hope you can build on that and push for promotion next season. :thup:

LLR is Getting Motivated

Well I have to do a bit of a catch-up here, I have read all the updates and looking forward to continuing to read on, I did get a bit behind when mired in the Relegation battle I had, getting fired three times and relegated from the lowest playable division this year has been my story in this thread, a huge difference from last time as I completed. But I appear to have found home with Haro, so will be posting a short first half update shortly. But first onto the rest of you...

Ohanzee - Wow sooo many things to talk about, lets Bullet Point from beginning :p

• Weird transfer bug that one
  • 4th place in 2019/20 was a good effort, but looks like you deserved third
  • Congrats on the Coppa Italia win, that was a needed trophy
  • Pedrosa is a stunning talent, the sort of player everyone needs.
  • WOW how do you beat Juventus like that? Surely they can't be that bad.
  • 2020/21 well that was a well deserved title, I see that you are still struggling with Camp Nou.
  • 2021/22 and that was just mean, so much money thrown at it all, but just one game from the completion
  • Best of luck in the new season.

Rlipscombe - Now Vojtus, I remember him from my Darfo Boario game, hopefully he can put them in for you like he did for me. A great ending to the season there, awesome to see a double promotion, now comes the hard part staying up in Serie B with a squad that needs a fair bit of improvement, best of luck there.

Bjoggi - Welcome aboard and That first season was a bit rough, but good to see that you avoided relegation.

Corinthiano - Damn, a step backwards there, hopefully the team comes out of it better once you get over the disappointment of dropping down. Good Luck as you push for promotion in the new season.

Now as for myself, Haro is definitely the right place for me to be, my mix of players are constantly being improved with the awesome Free Transfers rules in Spain. I can sign a player and register them at anytime so long as I have a free slot, so to get a free slot all I need is to free transfer whoever they are replacing...

At the Halfway point of the season we have 10 Wins, 3 Draws and 6 Losses to be sitting 7th overall, the highlights being a 5:0 victory over Gernika, and a 5:1 win over Rayo Majadahonda, we also had a few massive comebacks, we were down 3:0 to Guijelo, but came back to lose 4:3, then the following game we were down 4:1 against Mahones and came back to gain a draw 4:4. Of course with the victories come the losses, and the worst of those was the 6:2 loss to Benidorm, every other game was lost by only a single goal. With 43 scored and 29 conceded we need to strengthen the backline, goals are coming in perfect numbers.

The star players for our club in the 4-3-3 are generally up front - Patient Mwepu has 11 goals in 16 games, Calderon has 8 goals & 5 assists from 19 games, and Campana has 7 goals in 18 as well. Joao Carlos has put in a great effort in the middle with 9 assists backed up with 4 goals. Bradley Diallo (DRL) of French, Senegalese, Cape Verdian stock has captained the side when our top two centre backs are out, and he has shown a skill in the position with a rating of 7.13 he has put the effort in.

So now moving forward, we are looking to attempt to be just outside the promotion challenge this season, and then push into the playoffs next season.

Sticking to the condensed summary, because I'm lazy

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Sagres

Season 2021/22 - Season Summary

[[Transfers]]

Nice big profit on transfers this year - also not shown was the sale of Nenov's 20% sell-on clause for just over £1m. All 4 of the incomings were youngsters, with 2 of them managing to play a decent back-up role for the season. I made nearly £4m profit last season all told, so I'll be looking to splash out a little more next year.

Taça de Portugal [[Fixtures]] [[Final]]

Not the hardest route to the trophy, all told, but still extremely pleased with picking up my second piece of silverware.

Bwin Cup [[Fixtures]] [[Round 3 Table]] [[Final]]

A much tougher route to the final here, but we couldn't do enough to complete the Cup double.

EURO Cup [[Fixtures]] [[Group Table]]

Not a hard route to the groups, thanks to being seeded for both rounds. The group I was handed definitely left me in with a chance of qualification. Happy with my performance, but we couldn't quite get through.

The League

Started very slowly, and tailed off right at the end, but I'm again happy with our finish here. Still conceding far too many goals, if I can sort that out I should be well away.

[[Fixtures 1]] [[Fixtures 2]]

[[Table]] [[Graph]]

Key Players

• Paolo Jorge Alves - Alves was a creative machine for us this year, setting up a massive 31 goals from the left wing. His value jumped from £100k at the start of the season to over £1m at the end.
  • Alex - Where Alves was the goal-maker, Alex was the man on the end of the crosses. Regularly meeting Alves crosses at the back post meant Alex ended 3rd on the Liga Sagres Top Scorer list.
  • Ugochukwu Yakubu - Aguerre and Dani both spent the first half of the season on the physio table, leaving Yakubu to pick up the slack - and pick it up he did. For his fantastic efforts he won the Liga Sagres Young Player of the Year (for which Alex and Alves were both also nominated)

2021/22 Goals

• Make the group stages of the EURO Cup
  • Improve facilities/stadium - underway, but not complete

Other

This Year's Best XI

Fans player of the season: Micael - didn't expect him to win, so screenshot doesn't show his season stats

League Rep: 9th (Eredivisie below us, Turkish Premier above) (-)

Nation Coefficient: 8th (Turkey above us, Ukraine below) (+1)

Club Coefficient: 18.623

Club ranking: 121st

2022/23 Goals

• Shore up the defence
  • Get out of the groups in Europe

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!
Liga Sagres		14th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round	
Liga Sagres		7th		N/A		Winners!		Final		Won Taça de Portugal, Runner-up in Bwin Cup
Liga Sagres		8th		N/A		Semi-Final		Semi-Final
Liga Sagres		5th		N/A		6th Round		Final		EURO Cup Qualification
Liga Sagres		5th		EC Groups	Winners!		Final		Won TdP, EURO Cup Qualification

LLR - Good luck in the 2nd half of the season. Hope you can find some great form and push into playoffs this season already.

Biscotti - Good job retaining your position! :thup: More European experience. Think you performed really well in that group this year. Paolo Jorge Alves looks like a real talent, 31 assists is brilliant. Congrats on winning the cup again as well, getting some good experience being in finals now. :) Good luck next season, hope you can step past Braga (so close already) and maybe even into 3rd.

Yeah, making a push for 4th or higher is definitely part of my plans for either this or next season.

Bad news: Yakubu's contract was due to run out at the end of the 22/23 season, and I wasn't even getting slightly close to his demands. Decided to take the hit on selling him in the Summer window, but was only able to get £2.5m with a 35% of next sale clause. Still not bad seeing as I only spent £26k on him in the first place.

Good news: I only spent £1m on his replacement, and he looks very good - especially for only 18. Meet Léo.

congrats on back to back promotions rlipscombe :thup:

just been having a browse on this page and there seems to be good progress by and large. Ohanzee - some of your signings are ridiculously good - Cuca! Flavinho! Chibwe! Awesome. Can't be long til you take the CL trophy!

LLR - good to see you've found a home - must be those four lettered clubs... (FAFE ;))

Good luck all. Oh...clearly the reason the forums have been so quiet is because I disappeared :p

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2022/23

1st in Italian Serie A (pred: 1st) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Italian Super Cup

We dominated the game but didn't manage to score. After 120 minutes without a goal we won it 3-2 on penalties.

The League

Total domination! First 25 matches we lost 1, drew 1, and won 23. Second half of the season I even played 11 backup players in many matches, and they still won more than they didn't.

We scored 2 goals less than in the 2020/21 season, but our defensive record is a lot better. We also broke the record total on points. The last one was held by Palermo at 96 points.

Italian Cup (fixtures)

I put out pretty much a full 11 of backup players in the final against Inter. The champions league final was just 3 days away, and I wanted to rest every player I planned on playing in that one. To be honest I didn't think we'd win this one with those players, but a Delgado hat-trick gave us a 4th consecutive Cup title. But to be honest Inter deserved a lot more in this match.

The European Champions Cup (fixtures | group b)

Group stage might look tight, but we had already qualified before the last match so that 1-0 loss to OM was again 11 backup players. Zenit was strong, and the games against them show that on a bad day we could go out to anyone in the knockout stages. We really deserved better than 2 draws against them, but sometimes my strikers just go on holiday without telling me first.

The route to the final was interesting. Galatasaray didn't really put up a fight, but we've never met Lyon and Chelsea before. I knew they were both good, cause they've been in the later stages every year. The away game against Lyon was a bit of a steal, but I think we deserved to go through to the semi finals after our home performance.

The first semi-final at home to Chelsea was a nightmare. Paulo gave us the lead and at halftime we looked in control. As usual we missed a few big chances, but Chelsea didn't do much. Then in the second half it all went wrong. Pjanic scored the equalizer and I decided to make a couple of changes to hopefully get another goal. Instead Marco Pedrosa was sent off for a reckless 2 footed challenge and I was forced to make my last substitution. 10 minutes later, and still no goal, Marchegiani was injured and had to come off. Meaning we had to play the last 11+ minutes 9 against 11. We held on to the 1-1 draw, but I thought that would be it for this season.

But the 2nd leg didn't turn out anything like I thought it would. Chibwe gave us the lead after 28' minutes, and we really dominated the match. Not so much possession, but we were the ones creating all the chances. Lee Pitcher came on after 78' and took just 5 minutes to make it 2-0. Chelsea needed 4 goals in just over 10 minutes and I was certain we'd be in our 2nd consecutive final.

Going a bit off topic here, but Chelsea have the one player I still regret not signing 3 seasons ago. Dario Rossi is the #1 Italian striker in the game now. Chelsea bought him for £30M and I was to cheap to try and fight them for him back then. Even though we have some amazing strikers ourselves now, this is the one I still wish I had gone for. He's a beast, and he's Italian. No chance of ever getting him now. They don't even want to discuss a price.

So, we were in another champions league final, and I'm sure you can guess who the opposition were, again. Even though Messi (our nemesis so many times) has finally retired they have an amazing squad and this is their 4th ECC final in a row. Build up wasn't to great for us either as Pedrosa was obviously out with his silly red card against Chelsea. Adding to that Knol and Marchegiani was out with injuries. I was debating whether to start the match with 3 midfielders or 3 strikers, but ended up going for the safer option.

The match was a lot like last years. We created all the big chances and Barcelona scored the goals. 25 minutes in they were 2-0 up while really it was we who deserved to be. I let out a big sigh and though "oh well, here we go again". Chibwe managed to equalize before halftime, but I all honest my spirit was really low. I told the lads I sympathized with them cause we really deserved so much better.

The second half went on as the first. We kept creating big chances, but Barcelonas world cup award winning goalkeeper Gilmar kept us out. The final 10 minutes were coming close when Paulo got the ball on the corner of the 16 yard box.

. 2-2 and we were going to have extra time.

Just 1 minute into extra time the game winning moment happened. Tim Horning hacked down Vinas with two feet and was sent off. I thought, this has to be it. If we're ever gonna beat them it's now. But my lads seem to enjoy keeping me on the edge. First half in extra time passed before I could take a breath. I was beginning to think about who was gonna take our penalties when the goal I had been waiting for finally came. Paulo was storming down the left wing but was tackled. The ball ended up with Seeger (our left-back) and he hit a first time cross into the box.

Champions of Europe! And well deserved to, 31 shots!!!

(Put links to YouTubes of the last two goals in there. Hopefully it works, first time trying)

The Players (squad ratings)

As I've mentioned the whole squad was used a lot this season, and here's a look at all of them.

GOALKEEPERS

David Sole - His 6th season with us, although he's been the main man only the last 2 seasons. He's become a top class goalkeeper.

David Anderson - Our American backup goalkeeper for 3 seasons. He's doing the job when he has to.

DEFENDERS

Cuca (DRLC) - Our world class defender who joined 3 seasons ago. He broke his leg this season and was out for 5 months, but was back in the important run-in.

Carlos Sousa (DRC) - One of the backups and only his 2nd season with us, but he's already good enough to be trusted in big matches.

Luis Maria Vinas (DRL) - His 5th season here, and he was the first choice right-back this season and I wish I'd trusted him earlier. His pace was vital in so many matches.

Abdessamad Hajji (DC) - His 6th season, but it feels like a lifetime. He's been a first choice sine he joined.

Arkaitz Costa (DC) - His 5th season and although injuries put him out for much of the season he's been amazing.

Brian Bennet (DC/DMC/MC) - Joined 3 seasons ago as a backup and have done that job well.

Marco Pedrosa (DC/DMC/MC) - Our vice captain and another one who's been here for 6 seasons now.

Mattia Biagini (DC/DMC/MC) - Backup in his 2nd season, he's growing into a very good footballer. Italian to.

Michele Alba (DR) - His 4th season and one player I'm not sure was a very good deal. He cost over £17M, never really lived up to it.

Jan Seeger (DL) - Our main man on the left back for 4 seasons. Well worth the £15.75M we payed for him. Assisted the winning goal in the ECC final. Priceless.

Francisco Javier (DL) - 2nd season as a backup for Seeger. He's doing well for his ability I'd say. I love his determination.

MIDFIELDERS

Flavinho (DMC/MC) - Joined last summer, costing us nothing at all. A couple of early injuries meant he took his time fitting in, but 2nd half of the season he was brilliant. Very dirty though.

Salvatore Perego (DMC/MC) - Our main Italian man. 5 seasons at the club and he's starting to live up to the "next de Rossi" stamp put on him back when we bought him.

Andrea Bertolacci (DMC/MC/AMC) - Our captain and 8 seasons at the club. He's been passed by a few players now, but I still like to keep him around for his personality and experience.

Koen Knol (MC) - His 4th season and even though he's still a dirty buggar I'm glad I kept him. He's probably our best midfielder now. Seems to pick up as many minor injuries (gashed legs, viruses, etc) as he does cards though.

Roberto Barrena (MC) - His first season and filled his backup role well. Think he could do a good job against any team.

Simone Bordignon (MRC/AMRC) - His 5th season and he's still just a backup. Probably never will be any more either, just not developing. Only reason I kept him is that he's happy to be a backup.

Mael Vallet (MLC/AMLC) - With 9 seasons at the club he's the only one left from our Serie B days. That is probably why I still keep him around. He's not really good enough to make a huge impact in big matches now.

Pierre Harguindeguy - 4 seasons at the club now and he's been retrained to play as a striker since I stopped using wingers again. Not really amazing, but he's improving and does ok as a backup.

Abdelhadi Yilmaz (MC/AMC) - 3 seasons at the club, but his first in the first team squad. Only a backup but he got his fair share of matches and did ok.

Michael Jensen (MC/AMC) - Same as Yilmaz.

Alejandro Marchegiani (MC/AMC/SC) - Our 2nd best Italian. Actually him and Perego are both quality. Bit annoyed that he missed the ECC final.

Alejandro Delgado (MC/AMC/SC) - 5 seasons at the club and probably one of our best backup players. Bit inconsistent, but he won us the Italian Cup final this season with a hat-trick.

STRIKERS

Lee Pitcher - 3 seasons at the club and doing a brilliant job up front. Probably 3rd choice though.

Allan Chibwe - Our main man, no doubt. 6 seasons now and he's got 196 goals in 191 apps.

Paulo - The start of his 3rd season here was ruined by a torn hamstring, but he came back with a boom after Christmas. He's almost performing better than Chibwe.

Gaston Sanchez - His 3rd season and he's a brilliant one to have on the bench.

Looking at the squad 2 things jump out at me. Most of the first eleven have been here for 3-6 seasons, and I've failed at making the team more Italian. Well it's more Italian, but not really Italian enough. To be honest though I don't think it's possible to win the ECC with the Italian players that are available atm. If I could bring in the whole national team, sure, but that would probably cost me £400-500M. Not gonna happen.

The fact sheet is interesting. Even with so few Italian players in the first team squad we have a higher domestic player bias % than the Serie A average. Not really a surprise, but it's nice to know. What I really like about the squad, besides it being very good now, is once again the average age, which is 22 at the moment.

Other than that I also like that many players can play in more than one position. I always try to have several such players in case of injuries. Never know if 5 injuries hit you at once in the same part of the team. By having players able to play both defens and midfield, or midfield and attack, you're fairly safe.

The Finances

Same as last year. Money from just getting to a ECC final can feed a whole country.

The Future

Well it's done, but there's a few things that I could do if I continue:

I'll probably do at least one more season, and then we'll see.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	I-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s3tab.jpg"]11th[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4satab.jpg"]6th[/url]	3rd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]15/16[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s5tab.jpg"]10th[/url]	1st Rnd		-		Surivived in the Serie A
[b]16/17[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s6tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	4th Qual. Rnd	-		Qualified for EC
[b]17/18[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7tab-1.jpg"]2nd[/url]	Semi Final	EC WINNER	Won the EURO Cup
[b]18/19[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Final		EC Qtr Final	Champions of Italy!!
[b]19/20[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9tab.jpg"]4th[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	A step back?
[b]20/21[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	Domestic double!
[b]21/22[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Final	I hate Barcelona!
[b]22/23[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC WINNER	Treble! Challenge finished.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11tab.jpg"]21/22[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12tab.jpg"]22/23[/url]
[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

[b]European Champions Cup[/b] - 22/23
[b]EURO Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7ecfix.jpg"]17/18[/url]
[b]European Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9escow.jpg"]18/19[/url]

[b]Italian Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9itcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10icupfix.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11icupfix.jpg"]21/22[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12icupfix.jpg"]22/23[/url]
[b]Italian Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9supcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11scup.jpg"]21/22[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12supercup.jpg"]22/23[/url]
[b]Italian C1 Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2cupC1SC.jpg"]12/13[/url]

Ohanzee - Wooohooo!! champions of Europe at last! Knew you would do it... looking forward to at least one more season from you. we want Venezia as champions of the world!!

LLR - good to hear you seem to have found a home. looking forward to your long career in Spain.

Biscotti - another solid season there. with a bit of luck you can make a push up the league further. liking the look of Leo too. pace and finishing ability is a big thing for me.

iacovone - good to see you in here again even if only visiting. keep popping in here and i MIGHT visit your thread... ;) you are right in my squad needing developing too. big step up to Serie B.

As promised, here is a screenshot of Gustavo, my new young Spanish striker signed after being released by Barcelona. my scout said he could be a leading Serie A player, and he has 4.5* for potential in my squad. i have high hopes for him.

He does look very promising. :thup: Very quick. Got either double digits or 8-9s in all the right spots to. Hope he can help push you into the promotion fight already.

Spain seem to produce to much talent to handle them all themselves, always someone interesting on the transfer list. I have a couple of rejects myself in the first team squad. Sole and Delgado are both Spanish internationals now (although it took them 5-6 seasons), and both were picked up for peanuts after being transfer listed by their Spanish clubs.

i agree. Spain has always been rich pickings for quality young players. i think i'm up to 4 spainiards now already from 1 i had initially 12 months previously. most are Spanish youth internationals too.

Gustavo looks extremely promising. Maybe not on a par with Léo, but then you're still a ways from the top flight, and he didn't actually cost you anything :p

Oh Leo is in a different league to Gustavo!! hopefully he will be more than good enough for me and will stay around for a while and get us into Serie A. When i went for him he had a few top clubs with an eye of him including Manchester United so he must be half decent!! :D

Well my beloved Darmstadt wouldn't get promoted for me :( I'll keep checking the third division each season in case they come up.

It feels a bit cheap right now though. Got a good team already and getting 475k of a transfer budget plus 60k p/w for wages!

Turns out they'd made some signings already so with mine added it's up to 10 signing. Sold some deadwood too. After 5 games I'm joint top with 5 wins. We both have 12 goals for and 2 against as well!

RB Leipzig 1 - 0 Dresden

Rostock 0 - 2 RB Lepzig

RB Leipzig 3 - 0 Werder II

Ahlen 0 - 3 RB Leipzig

RB Leipzig 3 -2 Burghausen

That's my night over. :)

Out of the Champions League in the group stages. I've got to wait at least another year. Possibly more; I'm currently struggling in the league too, not even in the Champions League places at the halfway point! I blame my chairman entirely. Who sells THREE strikers without asking me. Entire forward line swept away in one idiotic move. Leaving me a couple of days to find replacements.

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2023/24

1st in Italian Serie A (pred: 1st) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The Italian Super Cup

We won it hammering Inter 4-2. Well deserved win.

The League

Probably looks like a slow start looking at the graph, but we actually won 9 of the first 10 games. We had a game in hand because of the European Super Cup, and later 2-3 games in hand because of the Club World Cup, so around Christmas we were finally top of the table again and cruised from there. New goal scoring record, new points record, and new goals against record. Fiorentina would actually have won the league with their points total in any other season before we started winning it.

Italian Cup (fixtures)

Played the 2nd choice players in this competition, as much as I could. It sadly wasn't enough away to Fiorentina in the Qtr Final, although I think they deserved a better result.

The European Super Cup

Cagliari actually managed to win the EURO cup last season so we had to play a team we've got a 15-4-3 record against. They did beat us 2-0 away last season though, but that was our B-team and they had a really good season obviously. We had no trouble beating them in this game though, 2-0 didn't flatter us at all. Should have been a bigger margin.

The European Champions Cup (fixtures | group b)

Group stages were easy, although Arsenal put up a good fight. Rangers and Man Utd once again didn't in the 1sk KO and Qtr Final. Then we met the team we always have to play at some stage in the Semi Fnals. This time we were lucky in the away match and came away with a 3-1 win in a match I think we probably deserved to lose narrowly. We hammered them at home anyways, so there wasn't much doubt we deserved our place in the final.

Arsenal, who we beat 3-0 and drew 2-2 with in the group stages, had also reached the final. They never stood a chance though, we hammered them 5-0. Maybe a bit to much, but we deserved the win at least. Allan Chibwe scored his 29th and 30th goal of the competition in the final. He was totally on fire this season.

The Club World Championship (fixtures)

In the only competition left to win we drew Japanese opposition, Higashiosaka Rosa (try saying that many times in a row). It was a sad match (as it usually is against these teams filled with grey players at this stage) with really only one team on the pitch. 8-0 win and it wasn't even flattering.

Palmeiras in the final wasn't much better, but they at least tried. We won it 5-0 and I think that result is a good picture of the match. Champions of the World!! :cool:

The Players (squad ratings)

Will just mention a few, since you can see them all in the last update.

Allan Chibwe - Obvious reason to mention him, he scores goals. 71 of them in one season is a new record in many ways for me and him and the team. He now has 309 goals in 277 apps for us in 7 seasons. Can't believe he joined for just £2.7M seven years ago. Here's how he looked back then, he certainly has improved a lot in 7 years.

Koen Knol - He still gets a lot of yellow cards, but he's become a world class midfielder in my opinion so I don't mind. He didn't get sent off at all this season which is an improvement. What he did do is beat every assist record known to man. 37 assists in 40 matches is quite amazing.

Paulo - He's kind of living in the shadow of Chibwe, but truth be told he's just as important. He not only scores almost a goal a game he also sets up almost as many for his team mates.

U20 team won their group again - 175 goals! Think I may have spent to much money on them, buying the title down there no doubt.

U20 team player of the year (my personal award) - Danny Hoek for his 62 goals in 36 matches.

New Players (since I totally "forgot" to do a pre-season update)

Not really any exciting deals before this season, but here they are:

Matty O'Brien - Free transfer goalkeeper, brought in as 3rd choice. He actually got called up for Italy and is now Italian. He's actually already been sold again now, cause he wasn't happy as a backup. Got £10.5M for him quite the investment.

Serjao - Hot prospect striker, already made a minor impact.

Manuel Uria - Hot prospect winger for the U20s

Sergio - Hot prospect right back for the U20s

Nino Bonneau - Hot prospect central midfielder for the U20s

The Finances

Brilliant. But I don't really have anything to spend it on. Board won't upgrade stadium or training facilities either. Even though we're maxed out in attendance.

The Future

Not sure. Only real reason to go on is to see how many goals Chibwe can score, but I doubt he can reach 1,000. Would need another 10 seasons of 70+ goals.

We are the top club in Europe now, beating Barcelona finally. But we are not the richest, only 3rd and still a way to go to beat the Spanis giants.

I've already began working the transfer market though so probably do another season at least. Had a couple of huge sales already, one player has left us for £38M!! :eek:

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	I-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s3tab.jpg"]11th[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4satab.jpg"]6th[/url]	3rd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]15/16[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s5tab.jpg"]10th[/url]	1st Rnd		-		Surivived in the Serie A
[b]16/17[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s6tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	4th Qual. Rnd	-		Qualified for EC
[b]17/18[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7tab-1.jpg"]2nd[/url]	Semi Final	EC WINNER	Won the EURO Cup
[b]18/19[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Final		EC Qtr Final	Champions of Italy!!
[b]19/20[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9tab.jpg"]4th[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	A step back?
[b]20/21[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Qtr Final	Domestic double!
[b]21/22[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC Final	I hate Barcelona!
[b]22/23[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	WINNER		ECC WINNER	Treble! Challenge finished.
[b]23/24[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s13tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	Qtr Final	ECC WINNER	World Club Cup won!

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s8tab.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10tab.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11tab.jpg"]21/22[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12tab.jpg"]22/23[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s13tab.jpg"]23/24[/url]
[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

[b]European Champions Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12eccfix.jpg"]22/23[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s13eccfix.jpg"]23/24[/url]
[b]EURO Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7ecfix.jpg"]17/18[/url]
[b]European Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9escow.jpg"]18/19[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s13eusupcup.jpg"]23/24[/url]
[b]Club World Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s13wccfix.jpg"]23/24[/url]

[b]Italian Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9itcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s10icupfix.jpg"]20/21[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11icupfix.jpg"]21/22[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12icupfix.jpg"]22/23[/url]
[b]Italian Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s9supcup.jpg"]19/20[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s11scup.jpg"]21/22[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s12supercup.jpg"]22/23[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s13supercup.jpg"]23/24[/url]
[b]Italian C1 Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2cupC1SC.jpg"]12/13[/url]

My EURO Cup group for this season is Kobenhaven, Sheriff and Liverpool. Pretty confident I can take 2nd place there.

Also going pretty well so far in the league. Haven't played any of the big 3 yet though.

Looks like the gap could well be closing up a little, as I've just gotten my first ever league win against the big 3 - beating (champions for the past 3 years) Porto in what was their first league loss for 48 games.

2011/12 - RB Leipzig - German Third Division - minisav

Winners of the league with 4 games to go. Won my first 12 games which had me top. Never lost that spot. Forgot why the German lower leagues are dull, no cups :(

My New Profile - Manager of the Year winner too

Squad - Tactics - Best XI - Transfers - Fans' PotY: Carsten Kammlott - He was there when I joined the club and as you can see, 20 goals and 10 assists is a great return almost being involved in a goal per game. - Best Signing: Georgian Paun - Assisted more and scored the same as Kammlott but Kammy was always the main man. Paun did very well considering he spent time on the wings too. He was free as an added bonus.

League Table - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

The future? Survive at worst, mid-table is really what I'm looking at.

Archived