FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Quick update

Season: 2020/21

Club: Angri

League: Italy - Serie A

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Finish: 13th

Season Review:

The season was destroyed by a Goalkeeping injury and poor foresight (no sub keeper). We started well, finished fantastically. But due to the time where we had no goalkeeper, finished down in 13th. I think we would have finished in the top half if not for the injury, but it helped me I guess. Taught me a lesson on gambling on players fitness.

We finished with 63 goals, which was only bettered by the top 6 in the league. But conceded 79, the 2nd worst in the league. Pellizzaro shined again, but with his 6 million minimum fee release cause and a few clubs sniffing him out, I'm worried we'll lose him now. I tried offering him a new contract, but his demands were far beyond our current budgets. If he stays, I'll have to get into Europe in the next 3 years of his contract.

Final League Standings

League Positions

Season            League            Position          Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12       Serie C2/C           16th            
 2012/13       Serie C2/C           10th           
 2013/14       Serie C2/C           3rd                Promotion  
 2014/15       Serie C1/B           8th                Serie C Cup winners!
 2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd                Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!
 2016/17       Serie B              7th                   
 2017/18       Serie B              8th
 2018/19       Serie B              1st                 Champions! 
 2019/20       Serie A              17th
 2020/21       Serie A              13th

Waste of a season. :(

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

casertana.png

Casertana - Season 3 - 2014/15 - Serie B

Serie B - Media Prediction: 22nd - Final Position: 6th - Past Positions -

I was especially happy to be able sign a few decent midfielders (Frei, Michel, Mazzoni and also young Merlino) who really brought the squad to a new level. The season was very good and consistent performances were enough to earn Casertana a 6th place. Got pretty much trounced by AlbinoLeffe in the Playoff Semi Finals though. No promotion, but much better season than I expected.

Italian Cup - Fixtures

Started the competition with a 2nd Qual. Rnd. match against C1/B Giulianova and got kicked out.

Casertana Players - Squad - Transfers

ST Christian Tiboni - Great season by my most important striker.

AMC Míchel - New signing at Casertana and a valuable part of the team.

AMC Fabian Frei - Also an important new player at Casertana.

AMC Enrico Mazzoni - Young midfielder and a product of Napoli youth system - maybe almost like a local boy.

MLC Massimo "Mago" Merlino - Potentially 41/2 star youngster I signed on free transfer. He has not played for any other team so I consider him to be an authentic Casertana youth player. Very skillfull and determinate. Needs to improve physical side of his game. Looks a bit like he has a screw loose, but seems like future Serie A midfielder.

Progress

[font=Courier New]
Season        League          Position          Italian Cup          Serie C Cup          Achievements
[hr]
2014/15       Serie B         6[sUP]th[/sUP]               2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Qual. Rnd.        -                   -
2013/14       Serie C1/B      2[sUP]nd[/sUP]               2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Qual. Rnd.        Final (lost)        Promotion
2012/13       Serie C2/B      1[sUP]st[/sUP]               -                     3[sUP]rd[/sUP] Rnd. Grp.       C2/B & promotion, C2 Super Cup
[/font]

For the first time I've actually used money to buy players. Two deals include monthly installments for the next four years. Both are young players and should have loads of potential. I still have just over £1M in the bank and monthly reports tell the profits/losses are about breaking even, so at the moment at least the club is financially viable. Can't buy another expensive player unless I want to start eating away my bank balance (or selling players). :)

casertana.png

Casertana - Season 4 - 2015/16 - Serie B

Serie B - Media Prediction: 20th - Final Position: 4th - Past Positions -

I was able to secure a few very interesting signings. Money was burned to sign young Argentinian/Italian DC Mauro Riciputi from Independiente and young ST Franco Boschi from Juventus. Particularly Riciputi was impressive - a brick wall in defence and always a threat in attacking set pieces due to his jumping ability and heading acumen.

Season began with Casertana in OK but not brilliant form, but results improved slightly towards midseason only to stutter and falter again in the last couple of months of the campaign. This caused postition to drop from 2nd to 4th. I managed to win Reggina in Playoff Semi Finals, but the nemesis from last season, AlbinoLeffe, again bested Casertana - only this time it was in the Finals. No promotion this time either, but final position is once again improvement on previous season, and the squad is beginning consist of some quality players. Things look good for the next season.

Italian Cup - Fixtures

This time Casertana reached the 3rd Qual. Rnd., but again a lower division club, this time C1/A Varese, beat my team.

Casertana Players - Squad - Transfers

ST Christian Tiboni - Tiboni continued his good form and was again my most effective marksman.

ST Franco Boschi - Young striker signed for £2M from Juventus. He impressed when he was on loan at Spal (C1/A) during previous season, and I was surprised he was interested in joining Casertana on permanent deal. Nevertheless he was quite good and scored 11 goals. I will expect a lot from him in the future.

ST Bruno Bresciani - Another true youngster signed on free tranfer (on some version of old CM, his transfer history would have said he was signed from schoolboy :)). Bruno can play as an MC or AMC, but his only natural position is ST. Very good key attributes, but I wonder if he is actually as promising as he looks or wether he just has a high pa for his age.

AMLC Rufino Cano - Young Spaniard released by Real Madrid and signed on free by moi. Highly rated by coaches who also reckon he is prone to injuries. So far so good.

DC Mauro Riciputi - Defender who, despite his youth, was a key player the moment he arrived from Independiente for £1.7M. Finished season with 10 goals and the highest Av Rat in the squad. Argentinian with Italian passport.

GK Angelo Minelli - Decent young keeper.

Progress

[font=Courier New]
Season        League          Position          Italian Cup          Serie C Cup          Achievements
[hr]
2015/16       Serie B         4[sUP]th[/sUP]               3[sUP]rd[/sUP] Qual. Rnd.        -                   -
2014/15       Serie B         6[sUP]th[/sUP]               2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Qual. Rnd.        -                   -
2013/14       Serie C1/B      2[sUP]nd[/sUP]               2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Qual. Rnd.        Final (lost)        Promotion
2012/13       Serie C2/B      1[sUP]st[/sUP]               -                     3[sUP]rd[/sUP] Rnd. Grp.       C2/B & promotion, C2 Super Cup
[/font]

Algeciras 2016/17

Liga BBVA

Transfers

- Roma offered 22m for Holz, German striker who came in January and finished the season as top scorer of the team and top 10 in the league. We had paid half of that, so it was a good transaction--that being said, I did not like that I had nothing to say about it. The 22m paid were 19m in 24 months, and 3m more when the player scored 10 goals for the club. At the end of this season, he had not done that, it looks like we'l have to wait for next year to get those 3m. The Italian league has evidently slowed down the scoring numbers of this player, like make others in the past.

- Other players that had been there for several years, like Llopis, left the club as well. In January, our LM Romero went to Inter, after asking to leave several times during the winter transfer window. Inter paid 13.5m plus a 15% of a possible sale's profit (clause which we settled for another 3.6m later on), for a grand total of 17m. Even though this guy is the future of Spain at only age 22, a profit of 17m from our initial 300k to Barcelona is not too shabby for a player who wanted to leave and grow.

- Holz's sale determined our entire transfer budget. From River Plate arrived Maxi Gutierrez, a young Argentinean striker with very good numbers in his country, but who we expected to need a season to adapt to Spanish football. Mario Viola arrived from Italy for 2m, and left for Russia in December, after the club paid the fee. I should haveset a higher one, but he really did not want to have anything higher than 4m. So that came back to bite us, too.

- From Valencia's B team arrived a 35year old Pepe, who after a two season spell with Valencia from Real Madrid, played for us in a few games and even scored three goals before retiring.

The season

After losing two of the first three games, we went on three months without a loss, and settled in the top 8. Not like we expected it after selling Holz, but the team pulled through and got the points we need it to get us into the European fight once again.

The second third of the season was a bit of a dip, with a few losses here and there, mostly due to our late Spanish Cup spell, but 5 wins and 2 ties in the last 7 games kept us on the 6th position. The first seven play in Europe, which ensures that Algeciras, for the first time ever, will play in the Europa League!

In a year where we lost Holz without wanting it, and Romero left for more ambitious expectations, getting our first taste of Europe is awesome.

Table Graph

Copa del Rey

- We triumphed over Zaragoza and Levante in the first few rounds, and in the quarterfinals, Espanyol awaited, in a match where we were supposed to be the ones out. We won 0-4 in Barcelona, surprising everybody, and a 2-2 tie home secured our place in the semifinal.

- The last leg before the final was against Athletic Bilbao, historic team which had been relegated to the second division for the first time ever. However, these guys had an advantage--they were cruising through the league and were virtually promoted with 10 games left to go. We were 2-0 up in the first leg home, with 8 minutes to go, and they tied in two consecutive goals to end the leg 2-2.

- Still after that disappointment, we believed in our chances to beat them in Bilbao...but this happened. Kinda hard to get to the final with three injured players and finishing the game with nine on the field. Oh well.

- Real Madrid went on to beat the Bilbainos in the final, 3-1.

Stats 2

- Rensing once again did a superb job, but the 37 year old will have to let others play next season. Rocco and Maxi Gutierrez did well too, keeping the scoring record up.

Algeciras CF

2011/12 - Segunda Division B, IV Group - 1st 79 points - PROMOTED! - No Copa del Rey

2012/13 - Liga Adelante - 14st 55 points - Second round Copa del Rey

2013/14 - Liga Adelante - 9th 70 points - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Tenerife

2014/15 - Liga Adelante - 9th 65 points - 2nd Round Copa del Rey

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 3rd 83 points - Lost in Promotion Playoff Final to Celta - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Deportivo

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 2nd 84 points - PROMOTED! - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Hercules

2017/18 - Liga BBVA - 8th 54 points - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Espanyol - Manager of the year!

2018/19 - Liga BBVA - 6th 64 points - Copa del Rey semifinals to Athletic Bilbao - Manager of the year!

-Once again and for the second consecutive season, the best season ever for Algeciras. The club continues to grow, and it showed again. We qualify to the Third Round of the Europa League. Our economy is as sound as ever. I was given the Manager of the Year award for second consecutive year, and Rensing and Hubert made it into the best team of La Liga, as well as Algeciras being names the club with the most progression for the second year in a row.

Now, onto the really good news: We'll have a new stadium in a year's time! The construction of Algeciras' Stadium (how original) will cost around 50m, with only around 5m being offset by the old stadium. The board is taking a 45m loan fto build the stadium, which will pay well into the 2030s. The capacity of the team will be off over 25k, which is a nice number if you ask me. I was expecting 15-20k.

So bottom line, we will have to be careful with the money from now on, but I think we'll be OK. Something else that will be happening next year--we'll be having more Spaniards in it. Now that we're settles in the BBVA, I rather pull back a little and have more Spanish players than do better with a multination squad. I'm hoping to have at least 8-10 players from Spain next season.

Things are going well!

Derek

Messina - Serie B - Season 2016/17

Season Review

League Finish: 2nd Graph

The League

What a nailbiter! After a long season where we spent most of it in the top 6, we somehow managed to turn around a 7-point gap to 2nd with 5 games to go to see us take 2nd spot with one game to go. With steady nerves we managed to secure the win we needed and promotion was ours… Messina are heading to Serie A!!!

Coppa Italia

What can I say? After never having got past the 1st round proper we managed to mastermind our via via victories away at Fiorentina and Juventues to make the semi finals of the Coppa Italia. Inevitably we came unstuck at the hands of Napoli who have been the class act in italy for the last three years. Nonetheless, it was nothing short of a memorable run and one I can look back on with pride and also optimism for the new season.

The Players

Transfers

Here’s a look at some of the key players for me in our promotion season:

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

1. Raffaele Di Gennaro - Raffaele went from strength to strength this season and is developing into a vital part of our squad. Eyeing a move to a bigger club but I am determined to keep him if I can.

13. Marek Luhovy - Marek spent the season as back up to the impressive Di Gennaro.

Full Backs

15. Alessio Grea - Alessio had a decent season when he played but I think he may be out of his depth for Serie A.

3. Marco Cairo - Marco had a good season as part of our promotion defence and can be proud of his performances.

24. Roman Stastny - Roman had a solid first season and did well when he played. Will hopefully handle the step up.

32. Martin Doblas - Czech youth international became first choice RB this season and did well. He is beginning to back up his potential with performances on the pitch.

59. Jimmy Bochu - the frenchman arrived in January and did ok. lots of potential

Centre Backs

45. Marco Baldan - Marco had another good season in defence and I have high hopes that he will be able to handle the step up.

16. Antonio Marino - Antonio had a good season but will most likely feel the pressure of the young guns in the coming season for a regular starting berth.

5. Tahirou Gnessoa - Tahirou got more game time this season and is beginning to challenge Marino for a starting berth. Weighed in with a few goals too.

26. Marti - Marti is still developing although maybe not quite as much as I had hoped.

6. Fabio Exposito - Fabio didn’t play much but has the potential to be a defensive rock for us.

25. Serdar Schaap - Serdar did ok early on when he played but he isn’t quite fulfilling his potential at present which has disappointed me a little as I felt he could be the next Spendlhofer. Still time I guess.

Midfielders

4. Andre Zwarthoed - Andre had a better season this time round and probably won out in the battle to be Pasas’ partner. Still developing.

8. Gabriele Paonessa - Gabriele disappointed me a little after I had spent a few seasons tracking him. May well leave this summer.

14. Mattia Esposito - Mattia pushed Tobiasen once more for the DM berth and had a good run in the second half of the season.

17. Jan Pavlik - Jan was a sub at best this season and will most likely leave this summer.

18. Simone Pasa - Simone had another good season. It was no coincidence our worst run during the season was when he was out injured.

21. Angel Martin - Angel had another stellar season. Managed to keep hold of him after the chairman accepted a bid for him and it was one of the keys points of the season. Looking forward to him having a crack at Serie A defences.

28. Lasse Tobiasen - the young Dane did a solid job in the DM role and shaded Esposito as 1st choice Dm. not convinced he is ready for Serie A though just yet. Time will tell.

31. David - David got to challenge for the LW berth and did ok once he settled in. will push ahead of Tcheco over the summer.

74. Bill - the Brazilian spent the season bedding into the squad but I have high hopes for him in Serie A and I think he COULD be a revelation next year…..

Lorenzo Franzoni - Lorenzo was cover to Martin though he never disgraced himself when called upon. A solid back-up.

88. Tcheco - Brazilian LW was second best to Hushes while he was with us and then found himself edging out David for thr LW berth. Not good enough for Serie A though, I will be looking for a new winger.

22. Christian Kiefer - Signed in January to add a bit more competition in CM, he had a solid start to the club. Another to challenge for a spot next season.

Strikers

9. David Perez - David burst onto the scene in his second season and was a leading force in our promotion push. Hopefully I can keep him over the summer and then we will see what happens.

19. Giuseppe Santurro - Giuseppe struggled to break through this season again and may well depart the club this summer dependant on what incomings there are.

20. Arnaud Mattel - Arnaud got a bit more game time this season and did ok. Still a back up with good potential.

39. Kenneth Skogen - Kenneth seems to be dipping a little and he has a big summer and pre-season ahead to remain at the club.

10. Sandro Hensel - Joined in January with compatriot Kiefer, he did ok when coming off the bench. Probably 1st choice back up to Perez right now.

Finances

A solid profit made again thanks to our league finish, transfer dealings and our cup run. Looking forward to the cash increase in Serie A, especially as my wage spend has almost doubled over the summer……….

The Future

Pre-Season Targets

• Top 6 finish - ACHIEVED

Looking ahead to our debut in Serie A I have mixed emotions. I feel it is going to be really tough to stay up whilst at the same time my cup run has given me some optimism too. If I strengthen well we have a shot at survival which is my only target next season.

FORZA PELORITANI!!

Career History

Season   League        Pos.    Serie C Cup  Coppa Italia  Europe   Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2011/12  Serie C2C     3rd       xxx          xxx        N/A     Promotion via playoffs
2012/13  Serie C1B     1st       Semis      2nd Qual    N/A     Champions, Serie C1 Super Cup
2013/14  Serie B       15th       N/A        4th Qual    N/A     none
2014/15  Serie B       5th        N/A        1st round   N/A     none        
2015/16  Serie B       8th        N/A        3rd Qual    N/A     none
2016/17  Serie B       2nd        N/A        Semis       N/A     Promotion

Personally toonbalmy, I would say that you're not doing as badly as it looks, you have lost a couple of close ones, but if you take out the results against Sevilla & Malaga, then you have scored 7 and conceded 9, that looks much better for the position you are in. You will probably have to expect being spanked by Barca & Real as well. But the rest of the games I would start with attacking formation (Yes seems counter intuitive), but you should be able to battle against all but the top 6-7 sides and you need to score to be able to beat them. I always go out attacking, depending on the game depends when I pull back into my counter attack/standard tactic or push forward into Overload, but I always spend at least 10mins attempting to get the first goal.

If Top 6 (Barca, Sevilla, At.Madrid, Villareal, Real Madrid, Malaga) score inside 10 then its straight back to counter, if I score against them then its back into counter immediately, otherwise if it stays 0:0 I attack for 10 mins. I go back to attacking 5-10mins before halftime if tied or down by 1, back to counter after HT, then at about 80mins if tied or down by one I go attacking again.

Mid Table Teams (From 7th to 13th or so) - I start attacking, and stay that way for about 20 mins, if they score 1 I stay attacking, if they go up by two then it is counter, If I score against them once, stay attacking to try and get the cushion, if i score twice back into Counter. These games I won't attack just before halftime, but if after 75 mins it is still tied it goes to attacking, if down by one then into Overload.

Relegation Teams (14th to 20th generally) - Start attacking, only stop attacking if up by 2 goals, if down by 2 before halftime Overload comes out (A loss is worth nothing, and if you concede 5-6 more oh well :p), In the second half I would be in Overload if down by 1, and attacking if up by less than 2.

You need to pick your battles of course, but doesn't mean you can't steal victories against the big teams by surprising them by coming out and attacking, sometimes they seem to set-up as if you are going to be defensive on them, I don't see the point in starting that way. It is unlikely that a defensive tactic is going to get you a 0:0, but an attacking one will either net you a 1:0 (or 6:5) or it can be a disaster and you end up 6:0 down, but really did you expect to win against Barca?

Just my thoughts on it...

cheers min n llr yeah always do the overload to be honest jurado aint pullin his weight i think i stick wit attackin formation asman suggested 4 2 4 might go with it aha

I think 4-2-4 is a bit too attacking, I play with a 4-(DM)-2(MC)-3(ST) with Haro, and in my other games generally some similar formations, 4 at back, DM as cover (Sometimes Anchorman), two midfielders (Whether MR/ML or 2MC) and then 3 attacking players...In my career game that is a 4-1-2-2-1 DM-MR/ML-2AM through the middle...

I have read this whole thread during the past few days and have decided I will be starting my own attempt very shortly. I'll be starting in Portugal. I had originally picked Machico but after the disgraceful way they treated LLR, I've put the swervers on them. I am still planning to manage a team from Maderia though.

Having decided on Portugal, I've particularly enjoyed reading the updates from Biscotti. It's been a fantastic story so far and I hope to see that first league title just round the corner.

I will eventually get to putting up my profile and whatnot over the next few days but I just wondered whether anyone could point me in the direction of the logos for the lower league teams in Portugal? Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still doing the challenge.

I believe I have them from either the Metallic Super Pack (This can be found in Editors hideaway) or Button Super Pack. There should also be kits/logos available from Sort it out, I like to use the SS Kits, there are threads from 08, 09, 10 & 11.

Hope you enjoy Portugal virtex I had some great games there with Fafe & Lusitano de Evora in FM09 & FM10, been an excellent place for me, enjoying my current run in Spain though. Thanks for avoiding Machico, I think thats a good idea, Good luck wherever you end up and welcome to the thread.

Welcome, virtex, and thank you for the huge compliment :) my story is far from done yet, but it's definitely been one of my favourite FM saves of all time.

As for logos, I found the metallic logos pack that LLR mentioned is pretty complete - I've certainly not seen all that many missing from Portugal

After failing in Cyprus in the 'other' leagues challenge I have decided to give this another crack. Got the Spanish leagues loaded up and ready to go, just the matter of deciding a team. The easier option is Marbella, however on one reload I got a relatively obscure team, this will probably go horribly wrong.

So Berty Bassett has surprisingly taken over Narón Balompé Piñeiros who are playing in the third tier of Spanish football for the first time in their history. Naron were founded in 1996 and progressed well through the regional divisions before promotion to the 4th tier in 2002/03, their best performance was 3rd in 2007/08 but promotion last season was a major success. The club play in the Estadio Municipal de Río Seco which has a massive capacity of 1,000.

8183.jpg

The town itself has a population of 37,712 as of 2009, and is situated in the far north-west in the province of A Coruña. According to wikipedia the town has 'a big theatre, a 16 lane bowling alley and a 12 screen cinema within the Centro Commercial Odeón, one of the two big shopping centres of the town (a new shopping centre is coming up). The centre also has 3 nightlife areas: Carretera de Castilla, Carretera de Castro and A Gándara, the three of them full of pubs, discos and traditional bars and inns', think I'll be ok here.

Thanks LLR, just played my first friendly against the U19s, I left the U19s as they were to give them a run out but that meant I had 12 players to pick from, my only sub was a keeper. Stupidly I forgot I had aggressive tackling on and had a player sent off. Luckily I came through 5-0, but had a player go off injured so my sub keeper was playing in defence for the last 10 minutes.

Offering players contracts, they're wanting rediculously low minimum fee clauses, some as low as £2.3k and not negotiating. Due to the fact I am desperate for players I'm going to have to live with it.

Offering players contracts, they're wanting rediculously low minimum fee clauses, some as low as £2.3k and not negotiating. Due to the fact I am desperate for players I'm going to have to live with it.

I would try and increase the sign on fee and drop the clause out completely...it works sometimes, but if not drop the sign-on fee back to 0, and then leave the minimum release fee in there.

Messina - Serie A - Season 2017/18

Season Preview

So after last season’s promotion we have finally made it to Serie A. it has taken 3 promotions in 6 seasons to get here and I really hope that we don’t undo the work and slip out in the first season. Last time I did the challenge in Italy I was relegated in my first Serie A season and so I have no doubts it is going to be tough.

Pre-season has been about improving my squad, which I thinghas the foundations of being ok, and gelling as a unit so that we are ready for the new season.

To that end, here’s a look at my new signings:

Transfers

Centre Backs

55. Darko Grabar - The 19 year old Croatian international was someone I didn’t feel I could miss out on. Has massive potential and to that end I splashed out £3 million on him. I am relying on him to lead our defensive unit.

Midfielders

11. Ruben Castillo - Peruvian left winger was another I wanted to sign and I got him despite heavy interest. Hopefully Ruben can finally be the answer to our left wing berth following the departure of Hughes.

83. Panagiotis Papandreou - young Greek midfielder is another with 4.5* potential. I have high hopes for thim although it may be tough to break into the starting XI this season.

Roberto Muchetti - young Italian DM signed from Juventus. Has good potential and will push Tobiasen for the DM berth. Another with a big future.

Strikers

19. Samuele Grimaldi - Samuele joins on a £2 million deal from Torino. Samuele is a commanding striker and another I have high hopes for. Hopefully he will push Perez for the starting spot.

Pre-Season Targets

• Survival. Plain and simple.

So our first Serie A season is upon us. I am hoping we can carry last seasons Coppa Italia form into the new season and compete at this level. I fear that we might not be up to it however. It will depend on how the newcomers settle in.

FORZA PELORITANI!!

AD_Universidad_de_Oviedo.png

AD Universidad de Oviedo are going to Europe

Univ Oviedo

Spanish Liga BBVA

End of Season 2014/15

The Season in Brief

Predicted: 20th

Actual: 12th http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LIGABBVAInformation_LeagueTable.png

Spanish Cup: Winners

Season Tickets: 4400

Finances: 5.6milllion

Transfers: 2014/15 Transfers IN :£10mil Transfers Out: £11.5mil

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoTransfers_History-1.png

Squad

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Players.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Players-2-1.png

The League

Didnt really get off to a flying start but my team finished strongly winning there last 4 games i think the cup run helped bring back the confidence to my squad and we were even starting to push the big guns of the division hopefully we will improve on our position next season and make it into the top10

Best Results: at Getafe 4:1, vs 5:1 Betis

Worst Results: at Barca 6:0, vs Valencia 2:6

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-2.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoUnivOviedo_Fixtures-3.png

Player Stats :http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LIGABBVAStats_PlayerStats.png

Team Stats : http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/LIGABBVAStats_TeamStats.png

Spanish Cup

Well what can i possibly say truly immense this cup won all be it i had an easy run up until the semi final where i was playing Real Madrid 1st leg Bernabau 2-0 down half time then pull it back to 2-1 they go 3-1 then couple minutes from FT i score to make it 3-2 then on to the 2nd leg quite even game until the big man pop's up and heads it in on the 89th minute and i go through on away goal's similar scenario in the final go goal down early on then out comes come back starting from the 73rd min and i was going mental :D

ValenciavUnivOviedoInformation_Overview.png

Transfers happening in the summer picked up a couple of beauty's :D

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ADUniversidaddeOviedoTransfers_TransferCentre.png

I Picked up the manager of the year award aswell

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/ArronBalmerNews_Inbox.png

so i have 3 trophys in my cabinet Spanish 2nd division & Liga Adelante And now the Spanish Cup

Algeciras 2019/20

Liga BBVA

Transfers

- As it has been usual in the past few years, a few important players left the club.

- Brazilian CM, who signed for 2.5m E, left for 10.5m; Carles Planas, LB who came from Barcelona on a free, left to Deportivo for 5.5m E. Brittish AM Paul Robinson went back home to Fulham, and at the end of the season, Belgium CB also left, this one to Russia. Almost all of our big sales were from players who wanted to play at better teams.

- We did bring in a few players to replace the ones who left, most of them Spaniards. Young Spanish CB Eduardo Dominguez came from Inter, and so did Isma, Miguelin, and Diego Lopez. The latter came from Villarreal at age 37 (simply because I am from Vila-real and wanted him :D). He played two games and conceeded six in the BBVA, playing a little more in Europe...a very costly player for his performance! (cost: 1.4m E).

We also brought Diego Leon, the striker who left a few years back. With the money for it, I felt as the fans would appreciate the comeback of one of their favorites. Roberto Soldado and David Silva also came in as loaned players, but at their age, they were more bench players than anything else.

The signing of the season was, without a doubt, Tanque Alvarez. This Mexican with England as his second nation arrived fdrom Arsenal after seven years there, where he barely played, but still managed to get one international call-up from England. He arrived at age 23, and did wonderfully. You'll see.

The season

We started really well, not losing a game in two months, but the Euro group stages got us too tired (and injured) and we started to drop in form. We did pretty poorly even after the European run was over, but we still managed to get chances for European football repeat by beating Cordoba home...losing the game. WCordoba was fighting to survive in the league on that final match, and they beat us on two Pks. Sure.

- Our attacking football brings loads of goals, but it also hurts us on the defense, no matter how good our defenders are, or how poor the attacking opposition is. Oh well.

Table Graph

Copa del Rey

- We got to the quarterfinals, where Real Madrid kicked us out on a 4-2 agg.

Europa League

- We beat Teplice without much difficulties, qualifying to the group stage, where we were drawn with Liverpool, Le Havre, and Legia Varsovia. We finished second, with our best result in our career to my knowledge, beating Liverpool 3-0 at home and going through to the next stage.

- We beat Sporting Lisbon in the next stage, on an amazing 7-3 aggregate, but fell short to Man City, who killed us 7-2. Still finishing in the top 16 in our first European run was more than I was expecting.

Stats 2

- We definitely need a new GK, that's for sure. Moloto on the CB and Chumak as our LW did superbly, supporting the team's attacking play. Francesco Rocco did amazingly as usual, and Tanque Alvarez signed his best season ever, in his first year in Spain. Diego Leon was a bit disappointing if you ask me.

Algeciras CF

2011/12 - Segunda Division B, IV Group - 1st 79 points - PROMOTED! - No Copa del Rey

2015/16 - Liga Adelante - 3rd 83 points - Lost in Promotion Playoff Final to Celta - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Deportivo

2016/17 - Liga Adelante - 2nd 84 points - PROMOTED! - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Hercules

2017/18 - Liga BBVA - 8th 54 points - 1/16 Copa del Rey to Espanyol - Manager of the year!

2018/19 - Liga BBVA - 6th 64 points - Copa del Rey semifinals to Athletic Bilbao - Manager of the year!

2019/20 - Liga BBVA - 9th 59 points - Copa del Rey quarterfinals to Real Madrid - Europa League 1/16 to Manchester City

- OK season in our first European run. We definitely did worse in the league due to so many games, but better than I would have thought with such a young and inexperienced team. The Estadio de Algeciras is ready to go for next season! Over 25,000 seats and fans await us. Also, we now have very good training and youngsters facilities...but nobody decent is coming out of them...aaaall right then.

Derek

Algeciras 2020/21

Liga BBVA

Transfers

- As we consolidate our squad, the signings are less and less important.

- Three players who did not gel well enough last year leave, though--Le Berre, our creative midfielder who did not do much in the time he had; Morabito, who clearly used us to get to a better team, as he was asking to be sold 11 months after he got here; and Diego Leon, who also wanted to leave...for the second time here. He's in Italy now.

- We bought cheap, and smart; Pedro Leon arrive on a free--even though this Spanish international is old, he still retains his class. Javier MAtilla arrived from Juve on a loan to strengthen the midfield. Mexican LB Herrera and Spanish RW Flores arrived from Italy, and Marcq was signed in January for six months due to an amzing amount of injuries in the defense in mid season.

- The best signing was Madelaine. The Frenchman arrived from Barcelona after not finding a post, and even though he was a bit pricey (high wages), he was named the best signing of the season by the BBVA officials. He revolutionized the left midfield for us. We did not have someone like this since Delgado, who left for Inter a while back.

The season

Another regular season, within the irregularity of winning three, then losing one by 0-7, etc. We were the 4th scoring team with 87 goals, but we still managed to conceed 78 of them as well. As usual, we did a final sprint and managed to, this time, qualifgy for Europe...bot without almost tying to Deportivo home and losign our Euro sport. Jesus, these guys.

Table Graph

Copa del Rey

- Quarterfinals of the Spanish Cup again, and again lost, this time to Barcelona. Not very lucky with the final stages lately.

Stats 2

- Rocco, Mandelaine and Alvarez both did great. The latter is now a frequent player for the English squad, and half of the Brittish country wants him...but we ain't selling! The guy is a beast, his physique has nothing to enby Ronaldo's. I'm serious. He's a monster!

Algeciras CF

2019/20 - Liga BBVA - 9th 59 points - Copa del Rey quarterfinals to Real Madrid - Europa League 1/16 to Manchester City

2020/21 - Liga BBVA - 7th 62 points - Copa del Rey quarterfinals to Barcelona - Manager of the Year!

- Got manager of the season, a couple of players in the team of the year, and Algeciras named as the club with the best progrssion once more. Now I need to get a couple of decent GKs, try to retain the talent, and hope for the love of God a few decent Spaniards come out of our youth system already! The Estadio de Algeciras averages around 16k fans per game, wich is almost double the 9,000 capacity from the old stadium.

Things are going great aqui abajo!

Derek

Algeciras CF - The stars of the club

- Here's a little snippet of what the best players of Algeciras look like nowadays--you better read it, I changed the language from Spanish to English to make sure the stats were in English and everything!

Tanque Alvarez

Stats History

- "Tanque" arrived two years ago, and is now one of the most beloved players by Algeciras' fans. This Englishman born in Mexico (and brought to Arsenal by Aguirre) did not do much for the Gunners, scoring 14 goals in all competitions in six years. He arrived in Algeciras for a pretty small fee, and so far, he has scored 38 games in two years...and he's only 25. He just came back from finishing 3rd in the Confederations Cup, where he scored four goals along Rooney (also 4). So far, 10 goals in 9 international games.

Francesco Rocco

Stats History

- Algeciras and Rocco are part of a love story that has lasted nine years already. Rocco arrived from Inter in 2012, and three seasons later, he had accounted for 25 goals in 54 assists in the Second Division. He left to Steaua for a generous fee, wanting bigger things. Curiously enough, in the year he left we got promoted, and one year after consolidation, Rocco returned. Even in the BBVA, he is still playing like he never left. At age 28, his best years are surely approaching.

Sebastien Madelaine

Stats History

- Even though Madelaine arrived last year, he is one of the hottest players in Algeciras. Recently named best signing of the BBVA last season. Sebas signed for Barcelona from Besiktas for 17m E, and a year later, came to Algeciras for exactly half of that! Having played six games with the French national team, Sebastien's next dream is to be called for China's World cup in 2022. 14 goals and 19 assists in his first year at the club!

Decided to give this challenge a go after an inspiring read through this whole thread. I have never ever posted updates from my previous careers, so I will try to keep this simple.

Ended up with Portugal and the team F.C Famalicão.

FC_Famalicao.gif

These are the facilities. I think I will benefit from the rather nice stadium.

These are the transfers i made before my first season.

And this is the manager profile of the new F.C Famalicão manager Gabriel Ferreira.

As our media prediction is 9th, and my goal for this season at first was to obtain just that, a 9th position.

However, after making some rather good signings in key positions such as ST Vaz, LB Fredy and GK Felix, I soon became more ambisous and I am now secretly aiming for a top 5 finish.

Having played 10 matches of the season and currently sitting 3d we are by all means doing great, but I hope I can tighten my defence a bit to avoid a slip on the table.

Season report 2011-2012

FC_Famalicao.gif

Managed to sort out the marking and the defence started to look solid and we finished comfortably on top. Played reserves in the cup games as my squad is really old and had more than enough playing only league games.

Table

I didnt think we stiid a chance in the play-offs, with on-song Fatima and U.Madeira with a striker averaging more than a goal a game.

However U. Madeira lost their two last league games and morale was somehow rock bottom and I managed to get two wins over them to secure promotion to the Liga Orangina!

Fatima finished on top winning all of their playoff-matches.

My two top players the previous season was Nunes and Voz, playing really well together.

What really concerns me is how easily my side got complacent when winning and how they all got really nervous when loosing or when failing to score.

I have always been rather succesful with my grasp on teamtalks and player interaction and I have never seen a more mentally unstable title holder than my Famalicao side.

One more thing that concerns me is that so few players wanted to join us during the summer window. Losing 3 transfertargets to teams in a division below us, on contracts with a lower wage aswell is really demotivating. I guess the word of my squad being mentally unstable is well known to other players aswell.

Liga Orangina!

Messina - Serie A - Season 2017/18

January Update

Well Serie A is proving quite tricky……. An awful start has been improved slightly by a change in formation. Our record for the first 10 games was as follows:

P10 W0 D1 L9 F0 A18

Not exactly ideal I am sure you will all agree! I decided that it was time to gamble with the formation and we switched to a traditional 442. it was a big gamble to turn my back on the tried and tested 41221 that had done so much for us but a change was necessary to try and improve our fortunes. Thankfully it has done the trick a little and coupledw with playing a little more on the counter when away our form has improved so that out last 11 games are as follows:

P11 W4 D4 L3 F21 A13

A bit of a turnaround I am sure you will agree. Hopefully we can maintain this form until the end of the season. Our chances were damaged however in December when Perez was injured for 3 months, leaving our attack a little light. To that end I made three signings:

Strikers

73. Said Ahmed Said - those of you with a good memory will remember that Said is a former peloritani who I let go when we hit Serie B as I felt he wasn’t good enough. He has developed ok whilst in Norway and he is back on a free. Brought in to add some depth whilst Perez is out.

17. Carlos Ventura - Carlos had great potential and has joined on loan to add some cover upfront.

8. Andrea Vecchione - Andrea joined on deadline day for £2 million. He has scored a few goals in Serie B and has great pace and determination. I have high hopes he may be the man to cover Perez’s absence.

So that is where we stand in the league on February 1st. it’s very tight at the bottom and we will have to continue to fight hard to survive. Based on it being as it is I reckon are chances are 50/50 at the moment. Hopefully it will go our way.

FORZA PELORITANI!!

Another Quick update (I don't like writing much :cool: )

Season: 2022/23

Club: Angri

League: Italy - Serie A

Media Prediction: 16th

Actual Finish: 9th

Season Review:

We've established ourselves as a Serie A team now, relegation never seems likely as we are much stronger than the weakest teams. However the top teams still beat us comfortably (we have managed a few shock wins, especially against Inter).

The Italian Cup proved as difficult as ever and don't look like ever getting close to winning that. But there are some improvements and I'm confident of getting there eventually. The slow progress mean than my young talents are being snapped up before they get to their full potential, but as soon a swe can get into Europe things will start picking up, hopefully we'll get lucky next year!

Final League Standings

League Positions

Season            League            Position          Achievements                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011/12       Serie C2/C           16th            
 2012/13       Serie C2/C           10th           
 2013/14       Serie C2/C           3rd                Promotion  
 2014/15       Serie C1/B           8th                Serie C Cup winners!
 2015/16       Serie C1/B           2nd                Promotion and Serie C Cup winners!
 2016/17       Serie B              7th                   
 2017/18       Serie B              8th
 2018/19       Serie B              1st                 Champions! 
 2019/20       Serie A              17th
 2020/21       Serie A              13th
 2021/22       Serie A              13th
 2022/23       Serie A              9th

Slight improvement, but still can't rectify our leaky defence.

Amazing stuff going on in here.

Just thought I'd pop back in here as I never posted any proof of my completion. It's so long ago now that I've lost all the shots, but here is the screenshot of my trophy cabinet, hopefully it proves the point.

I am also still playing, I've just powered into the 2037/38 season.

Also, here's a year-by-year

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Second Division B4		13th				Avoided Relegation
2012/13		Second Division B4		4th				Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14		LIGA adelante			17th				Survival
2014/15		LIGA adelante			13th				Consolidated
2015/16		LIGA adelante			8th				Narrowly missed playoffs
2016/17		LIGA adelante			10th				Backwards step
2017/18		LIGA adelante			6th				Promoted via Playoffs!
2018/19		LIGA BBVA			16th				Survival
2019/20		LIGA BBVA			7th				Qualified for EC!
2020/21		LIGA BBVA			6th				Slight improvement
2021/22		LIGA BBVA			4th				Qualifed for ECC!!
2022/23		LIGA BBVA			8th				
2023/24		LIGA BBVA			6th				Qualified for EC
2024/25		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Qualified for ECC
2025/26		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Ditto
2026/27		LIGA BBVA			1st				Champions!! Also won Spanish Cup
2027/28		LIGA BBVA			4th
2028/29		LIGA BBVA			1st
2029/30		LIGA BBVA			1st
2030/31		LIGA BBVA			1st				Champions League win
-------------------------------------------Challenge Completed-----------------------------------------
2031/32		LIGA BBVA			2nd				Champions League win/Super Cup/CWC
2032/33		LIGA BBVA			1st
2033/34		LIGA BBVA			3rd
2034/35		LIGA BBVA			4th
2035/36		LIGA BBVA			1st
2036/37		LIGA BBVA			4th

Trophy Cabinet
---------------------
Spanish Cup - 2027
LIGA BBVA - 2026/27, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2032/33, 2035/36
Champions League -  2030/31, 2031/32
Spanish Super Cup - 2027, 2030, 2031, 2033, 2036
European Super Cup - 2031, 2032
UEFA Cup/Europa League (whatever it's called) -2033

FC_Famalicao.gif

Season 2012-2013, Liga Orangina

This division was not as tough as I first thought. After a bad start, followed by a 10-game unbeaten streak and then a poor finish saw F.C Famalicão end 3rd in their first ever Liga Orangina season.

Table

I think the reason we finished so high was that the teams around us were very unstable aswell. In this league everyone really can beat everyone!

Prominant players of last season:

Felipe Gregory Our rock in defence, I think he was the main reason we finished as high as we did.

Henri Played poacher, but varied very in performances. Scored some amazing goals and finished as topscorer with 14 goals in the league.

Sebastian Pardo Joined in january for free and was a revelation. Had about as many assists as he had games, and Henris game improved alot with Pardo joining.

I don't think it's likely my team will be up there this season, though. My wage budget remained the same from last season, and more than 10 players had to leave in the summer as their wagedemands were too high. I thought I could replace them with new players and the same wages, but players demand crazy wages to take a step down and play for me.

Pre-season 2013-2014, Liga Orangina

Anyway, these were the transfers I made before our secound season in Liga Orangina.

Transfers

Key signings:

Gonzalo Marinelli Our new nr1. Alot better than our previous GK, will probably save us some points this season.

Lucas Orban My top earner, but by faar my best defender. Handy that he has both DL and DC as natural positions.

Sani Emmanuel I think once he settle he can push Henri out of the team as I am only playing with one striker at the moment. Plenty of room to improve aswell, according to my assistant manager.

Goals for next season

-finish top half

-improve attendances and/or sell a player for a neat fee

- good cup runs.

This is an overview of my formation and my prefered lineup:

F.C Famalicão

Anti Spiral - congrats on making progress. you are on an upwards curve which is all that matters really. crack the defence and i think you'll make Europe. good luck next season.

We're sitting in 6th at the winter break! But my chairman just sold my star player for the second time... -_-

Though 11mil should be enough to replace him.

Amazing stuff going on in here.

Just thought I'd pop back in here as I never posted any proof of my completion. It's so long ago now that I've lost all the shots, but here is the screenshot of my trophy cabinet, hopefully it proves the point.

I am also still playing, I've just powered into the 2037/38 season.

Also, here's a year-by-year

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Second Division B4		13th				Avoided Relegation
2012/13		Second Division B4		4th				Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14		LIGA adelante			17th				Survival
2014/15		LIGA adelante			13th				Consolidated
2015/16		LIGA adelante			8th				Narrowly missed playoffs
2016/17		LIGA adelante			10th				Backwards step
2017/18		LIGA adelante			6th				Promoted via Playoffs!
2018/19		LIGA BBVA			16th				Survival
2019/20		LIGA BBVA			7th				Qualified for EC!
2020/21		LIGA BBVA			6th				Slight improvement
2021/22		LIGA BBVA			4th				Qualifed for ECC!!
2022/23		LIGA BBVA			8th				
2023/24		LIGA BBVA			6th				Qualified for EC
2024/25		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Qualified for ECC
2025/26		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Ditto
2026/27		LIGA BBVA			1st				Champions!! Also won Spanish Cup
2027/28		LIGA BBVA			4th
2028/29		LIGA BBVA			1st
2029/30		LIGA BBVA			1st
2030/31		LIGA BBVA			1st				Champions League win
-------------------------------------------Challenge Completed-----------------------------------------
2031/32		LIGA BBVA			2nd				Champions League win/Super Cup/CWC
2032/33		LIGA BBVA			1st
2033/34		LIGA BBVA			3rd
2034/35		LIGA BBVA			4th
2035/36		LIGA BBVA			1st
2036/37		LIGA BBVA			4th

Trophy Cabinet
---------------------
Spanish Cup - 2027
LIGA BBVA - 2026/27, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2032/33, 2035/36
Champions League -  2030/31, 2031/32
Spanish Super Cup - 2027, 2030, 2031, 2033, 2036