FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad luck missing out on the title brettney. How did Europe go? Or do you play that over the summer because of the Russian football calendar. I played there once, but never got to the Champions League.

Managed to finish 3rd lost home and away to both Real Madrid and AC Milan Draw in Shakhtar but managed to beat them at our ground. So into the Europa League and we've drew another Spanish side (How manys this now!?) Getafe.

Right off to the Camp Nou with 4 games to go. At least I hope I can't do as badly as last season!

[edit] - Wow! I've just taken the lead! Makengo puts the ball past Joe Hart, who, on a side note, earns more than my entire squad put together! lost 2-1. Still, that's far more respectable than 10-0!

SV_Wuppertaler.png

Season review 2020/21 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia

League - 1st

Our 3rd league win in a row. After last season's low goal total I changed the tactic to get some more goals and they started going in all over the place. We did conceed a few goals though but I'm happy with the result of the season especially finishing ten points clear.

German Cup -

1st RD away @ Bergisch Gladbach

2nd RD home vs Schalke

3rd RD home vs Kaiserslauten

Qtr Final home vs Hoffenheim

Semi Final home vs Stuttgart

Final Neutral vs Leverkusen

The European Adventure

Final Group table

NK Dinamo          A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ADinamo.png]3-0[/url] ECC Group F 
Sampdoria          H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/HSampdoria.png]3-1[/url] ECC Group F 
O Lyonnais         A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/AOL.png]1-1[/url] ECC Group F
O Lyonnais         H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/HOL.png]1-0[/url] ECC Group F
NK Dinamo          H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/HDinamo.png]1-0[/url] ECC Group F
Sampdoria          A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ASampdoria.png]1-0[/url] ECC Group F

A. Madrid          A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECC1stKO1.png]3-2[/url] ECC 1st Ko rd
A. Madrid          H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECC1stko2.png]2-0[/url] ECC 1st KO rd
Leverkusen         H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECCQF1.png]4-1[/url] ECC quarter final
Leverkusen         A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECCQF2.png]1-3[/url] ECC quarter final
Man Utd            A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECCSF1.png]1-1[/url] ECC Semi Final
Man Utd            H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECCSF2.png]2-1[/url] ECC Semi Final

Man City           N [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2010/ECCFinal.png]0-3[/url] Final

We bettered ourselves once again this season. I was worried when we ended up with Leverkusen in the quarters but our home performance was awesome against them while the aay tie was woeful, I'm just sick of playing them now. Getting Utd in the semi for the second year running gave us a chance for revenge over them. Getting a 1-1 away was always a bonus but to then put 2 past them at home was brilliant. The final disappointed me but we got there and were totally outclassed by Man City. Hopefully we can go one step further next season.

also Theiler was nammed in the ECC Dream Team.

Transfers

Equal in and out although the net was spending again.

Finances

Once again these have been supplemented by Prize money and TV revenue.

Key Players

Borja The young spaniard has matured into one of the best right backs in football and is wanted by Villareal.

Tomas Bohac Another good season from the Czech defender. He is wanted by Real Madrid.

Ernesto Theiler The right winger was our best player this season and was called up for the Argentina national team.

Kieran Gibbs Gibbs had another good year after last year's dissapointing season with injuries.

Teodor Nikolov Top scorer for the team again this year. Had some good games against his old club Leverkusen.

One's for the future

Just one this year

Josu Torres Torres was brought in from Real Madrid and young as he is impressed everyone and can only grow.

other news

Theiler was awarded Footballer of the year, Bohac won Defender of the year, I got both Manager of the year and Players Manager of the year. 3 players were selected in the Team of the year. This goal from Jake Carrington was selected as

Yakubu has retired from playing football, heis still with the club as a scout though. The board is adding more seats to the stadium as well.

Season  |   Division    |  position  |    Cup       |  Europe          | Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/12   |   German 3rd  |     2nd    |   N/A        | N/A              | Promotion
12/13   |   German 2nd  |     5th    |  1st RD      | N/A              |  None
13/14   |   German 2nd  |     1st    |  Qtr Final   | N/A              | Champions
14/15   |   Bundesliga  |     6th    |  Semi Final  | N/A              | Stayed up.
15/16   |   Bundesliga  |     3rd    |  3rd RD      | N/A              | Champions League Qualification
16/17   |   Bundesliga  |     2nd    |  2nd RD      | ECC Group stage  | Champions League Qualification
17/18   |   Bundesliga  |     2nd    |  Winner      | ECC 1st KO rd    | German cup winners
18/19   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Runner Up   | ECC 1st KO rd    | League Winners
19/20   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Winner      | ECC Semi final   | League and Cup winners
20/21   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Winner      | Runner Up        | League and Cup winners, ECC Final

Wuppertaler SV Borussia 100 club

Name            | Position    | Apps    |    Years        | Goals        | AvR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnny Leoni    |   GK        | 129     | 2012-2017       |   0          | 6.88     
Andrea Romano   |   MC        | 262     | 2012-present    |   37         | 7.09
Michele Rigione |   DC        | 224     | 2011-Present    |   10         | 6.99
Badri Akubardiya|   DL        | 143     | 2014-present    |   7          | 6.91
Ernesto Theiler |   M/AMR     | 201     | 2014-present    |   33         | 7.04
Luca Siligardi  |   AMR/L     | 164     | 2011-2019       |   23         | 6.90
Yakubu          |   ST        | 138     | 2014-2021       |   62         | 7.02
Paul Pogba      |   MC        | 213     | 2014-present    |   19         | 7.04
Domagoj Duspara |   AML       | 140     | 2011-2018       |   15         | 6.93
Juho Makela     |   ST        | 119     | 2011-2018       |   73         | 7.11
Daniel Halke    |   DC        | 103     | 2012-2019       |   4          | 7.00
Borja           |   DRC       | 180     | 2015-present    |   8          | 7.18
Jermain Defoe   |   ST        | 131     | 2015-present    |   52         | 7.01
Tonnie Litjens  |   DL        | 155     | 2014-present    |   1          | 6.95
Martin Franc    |   GK        | 142     | 2016-present    |   0          | 6.95
Tomas Bohac     |   DC        | 112     | 2017-Present    |   9          | 7.38
Kieran Gibbs    |   ML        | 122     | 2017-present    |   23         | 7.13
Nicolas Hofler  |   DMC       | 152     | 2011-present    |   9          | 7.00

Major Competiton winners

Champions Cup - Man City

Euro Cup - Sampdoria

UD_P%C3%A1jara_Playas_de_Jand%C3%ADa_escudo.png

End of Season Update - U.D. Pajara Playas de Jandia - 2019/20

"The continued adventure of the challenge's sunshine team."

Transfer Budget: £489,880

Wage Budget: £114,390 p/w

Finances: £2,631,458 - That's right. I'm in the black (or green as I've used her for extra impact!)

Transfers | 11 IN (£2,800,000) and 26 OUT (£6,750,000)

Well, a huge swath of players left over the summer, as I looked to consolidate and push on from survival last season. Here are the most recognisable names to be disposed of. Krzysztof Krol who left on a free as his contract ran down. Jiri Sadek left for £1.5 million after never really breaking into the team. A bigger shock was Kike, I wasn't considering selling him, but a bid came in for £1.6 million, and at 29 now I decided to take the money as he was no longer first choice and try to buy a cheaper, younger replacement. That concludes the major departures.

Now for the new players who'll be gracing the Benito Alonso stadium.

The first new signing was the free transfer signing of an exciting prospect. Morten Larsen looks to me to have the potential to turn into a decent striker with some training. He also comes in under 18 so he doesn't need to be registered.

The second was an even more exciting prospect. 17-year-old Jesus Galan joined from Tenerife. He looks to me to be an amazing player in the making. He's another who doesn't require registration and I can see him pressing for a first team place.

Next two loan signings returned to familar territory as Kylian Thiebaud and Gerald Laplaud. They progressed well last season and I can see them doing a job for us.

Two new loan signings also came through the doors, Russian left-back, Oleg Filimonov. He should add good depth to the squad as should Croatian striker Dargo Knezovic.

A couple of depth building defenders were next. Vincent Ateba and Han Wagenaar arrived. There seems to be a shortage of good defenders in the world at the moment, especially those willing to join me, so these were the best I could do with my limited funds.

I broke my transfer record for the second time in the transfer window with my final signing. Former Serbian youth international, Aleksandar Gordic became my first £million signing (just) when he joined for £1,000,000 he replaces Kike in the main bench striker.

League | 7th | Graph

A definite improvement on last season. We not only consolidated our place in this league, but kicked on up the table, and managed to sneak the last place in Europe (well the qualifying stages at least).

Unlike my recent seasons there was no initial stutter followed by a rally and then a strong end to the season. As the graph shows we were fairly steady. We were always challenging for Europe rather than relegation, though I never felt I could mention it, for fear of the forum curse. There is still a definite gap between me and the very biggest clubs, but that's only natural when Barcelona pay Joe Hart more than I pay my entire squad, but then we're all battling away against those inequalities.

I'm hopeful with the profit I made last season, coupled with some astute sales this transfer window, I may get some money to mean I can at least shop in the middle of the market, rather than the bottom.

Cup | Semi-final

A very good performance in the cup, ending, perhaps in the semi-finals, when with me, Salamanca, Real Madrid and Barcelona, the draw opened up for the big two, meaning I got Barcelona, and Salamanca - Real Madrid. We could have embarrassed ourselves against Barcelona (as we did last season!) but we got a goal at home and away and eventually went down 5-2 on aggregate.

The main result of the run was an increase in finances, with the money from the two-legged game with Barcelona pushing me into the black for the first time since I was in the Spanish Second Division B4!

Squad | Players

Goalkeepers | After last season's rotation, one of the three really made the number one jersey his own, and it wasn't the Barcelona legend Victor Valdes.

Victor Valdes - He was excellent, if expensive back up this season. He did some tutoring. His most important project though was last season's tutoring of Schettino which saw him ready to take over the number one jersey this season.

Vitor Carvalho - Started the season in goal, but didn't last long before I decided to hand that honour over.

Lorenzo Schettino - Replaced Carvalho 2 games into the season and never looked back, a pretty good season overall, and at only 23 he's surly only going to get better as his career progresses.

Defenders | Performance improved from last season as we managed to concede far fewer goals, one of my aims for this season.

Stopira - He fell out of the first team for the first time since he joined, his contract is up at the end of the season, and I have an excellent replacement arriving in the summer, so I fear it's time to bid adieu to this excellent servant of the club.

Oleg Filiminov - Brought in on loan, initially as back-up but blossomed into the starting left back usually. I'm not sure I'll bring him back, but he'll be remembered for his part in this record breaking season.

Martin Angha - Remained as first choice, I think he may have reached his level, and I think this is an area I can definitely look to improve if I get a good sized war-chest.

Matteo Angelini - Fell out of the first team after a couple of dodgy performance. There are teams interested in him and I may well be tempted to cash in on that interest to fund improvements.

Vincent Ateba - Good back-up, replaced Angelini on the bench and performed well enough when needed.

Fabio Casini - He's developing into a very good full-back, and it's attracting the interest of other clubs (notably Blackburn). He also has a release clause of just £3.9 million which he won't sign a new contract without. I'm worried he may be stolen by a higher reputation club.

Mark Isa - He would be the replacement if Casini left and he has shown me enough to trust him with it, at least to start with, he didn't have the greatest of season, but it was stop start and swapping sides which made it tricky for him to get into any sort of form.

Georges Mathis - Another excellent season for the defender who I thought would only ever make adequate back-up in the LIGA adelante. He continues to prove me wrong, and though his attributes aren't the greatest he's earned the right to try and get us into Europe's elite.

Midfielders | I'm beginning to think I may need to replace stalwarts Pimenta and Koke, if we're going to kick on to the next level.

Koke - Held on to his place as Sidibe's progress stalled a little. He played better, despite seeming to score fewer goals and set up fewer too. His place is under threat, I think I'll have to through Sidibe in soon if he is to reach his potential.

Ousmana Sidibe - I want him to grow into a first teamer, and I think this coming season has to be the time for him to do it. Thi puts Koke under threat.

Alexey Moiseev - Arrived on a free after registration had happened, this was a signing for next season, but I've put him here anyway.

Kylian Thiebaud - Still can't push past Sarabia, and I think that means he may not be back again next season, though don't rule it out as he is clearly a decent prospect, and if I can do a good deal I'd have him agaain.

Leandro Pimenta - Continued his good form, I'll have to replace him soon. Whether with Ortega or with a new purchase I'm not sure, but he's nearly 30 and he's beginning to suffer.

Brian Neergaard - Struggled to make an impact so I'm pretty sure he'll be sold to raise funds over the summer.

Kenny de Zeeuw - Similar situation to Neergaard, but he is a slightly better player so may be kept as back-up, or they might both go. I'm undecided.

Jesus Galan - Initially thought this might be a season to early for the exciting youngster, but I played him, we won, I played him again we won again, and he took over. He then got injured and we lost. A big star of the future, I think probably in the middle, but spent this season learning his trade on the wing.

Pablo Sarabia - Good, solid season on the left of the midfield. He's a very good player for me, and I hope he'll continue that form next season.

Facundo Ortega - Similar to Sidibe, I'm hoping he'll kick on next season and put pressure on Pimenta.

Strikers | I feel I'm starting to build up a nice strength in depth up front, both in terms of back-ups and future stars.

Morten Larsen - Didn't play often, but then he is only 17. He looks to be progressing nicely, I think he's got a big future, he has all the characteristics I look for in miniature for the support striker position in my preferred formation. If you look into the future, he could be (and this is a flash back for those familiar with my past challenge teams) a new Diego Pastore or Marko Kresic. And you'll know I don't bandy those sort of accolades around lightly!

Gerald Laplaud - Back again on loan, and unlike last season was a first team regular. He had a great middle of the season but tailed off at the end. Making me less sure I wanted to buy him. I'm going to see what is out there in the market.

Terence Makengo - Poor old Terence, he's been almost universally excellent for me, but fell out of the team this year. With my wage budget and his former status he makes for quite expensive back up, especially with the exciting youngsters I've got around the club. He may have to go towards the rebuilding fund along with some other familiar faces.

Aleksander Gordic - An expensive signing who I expected big things of. He started well when he was thrust into the team following a serious injury to Makengo, but he stuttered and failed to settle. If I can recoup the outlay I'll let him move on.

Badji Sacko - Top scorer for the impressive youngster. He has really managed to make the position his own, and he's already an excellent servant to the club, he has, at only 22, already accumulated 151 league appearances, and he's only going to get better mentally as he is challenged at higher levels.

Drago Knezovic - Youngster came in on loan, had an excellent spell during an injury crisis. I don't think I'll try and sign him permanently though.

Gift Kolawole - Brought in cheaply from Africa, like an ever increasing number of my players seemingly, and he looks, to me at least, to be another rough diamond. He's got great skills, an imposing set of physical attributes for a 19-year-old and just needs to improve mentally to be an excellent player.

Last Year's Targets

1/ Consolidate my position by avoiding a relegation scrap - Yes

2/ Slightly better cup performance - Yes

3/ Concede fewer goals - Definitely - Yes

Targets for Next Season

1/ Get through the qualifying rounds of the European Cup.

2/ Further strengthen team

3/ Prove this season was not a flash in the pan with another one like it - by which I mean, I'm not expecting a title push, but top half again would be nice.

Story So Far

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Second Division B4		13th				Avoided Relegation
2012/13		Second Division B4		4th				Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14		LIGA adelante			17th				Survival
2014/15		LIGA adelante			13th				Consolidated
2015/16		LIGA adelante			8th				Narrowly missed playoffs
2016/17		LIGA adelante			10th				Backwards step
2017/18		LIGA adelante			6th				Promoted via Playoffs!
2018/19		LIGA BBVA			16th				Survival
2019/20		LIGA BBVA			7th				Qualified for EC!

Previous Updates

11/12

12/13

13/14

14/15

16/17

18/19

Right time for Pajara Playas' first bow on the European stage. We are welcoming Icelandic team Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur to Fuerteventura in a match up which will challenge all of our locals ability to pronounce foreign words.

Well a 4-0 home win there, which is followed up by a 6-0 away win. I like this European football malarky. I can't see it getting any harder. Not at all...

some good progress here guys. PRDH - congrats on Europe and the Madrid win...

as for Louhans-Cuiseaux, we're into January and things are going a little sour. we're on a 9-match run without a win and have slid down to just above the drop zone. need to pick up form quickly. defence seems to be the problem - conceded more goals than most in the league and not scoring overly many..... might be a formation change.

Crispypaul - KSV Holstein Kiel - Season 2012/13 - German Second Division

We were predicted to finish near the relegation zone, and I was expecting mid table, however I continued spending money like it was going out of fashion and we ended up winning the division. We also eventually went into the black due to prize money, but then had to spend £1.1 million on team bonuses.

German Cup was 2nd round, nothing to speak of - except Bochum, who finished 6th in the Second Division, won and will play in Europe next season.

The key players were:

Florian Kringe was a danger on the right wing.

Marko Babic did the same on the left.

Eric Hassli was our top scorer.

Xavier Margairaz pulled the strings in midfield.

Juho Makela was our second top scorer but unfortunately lost a few months to injury.

Boris Smiljanic was a solid centre half and captain.

Oliver Stang was a rock at the back once more.

Bayer Leverkeusen won the Bundesliga. Barcelona won the European Cup, and Liverpool the UEFA Cup.

Aim for next season is to stay up, and have told the board as much!

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12       3rd Division                 1st                       Champions, Promoted
2012/13       2nd Division                1st                       Champions, Promoted

Well it seems like the Serie C1A is going to be harder than I thought, it took 11 games before I won a single match. I am struggling to stay above Como at the bottom of the table. A lot of draws and late losses, I will post some of the results shortly, but they have been crazy. Hoping to turn it around now that both my strikers are fit for the first time.

Drew Celtic in 2020/21 Champions League Best Placed 3rd Qual. rd, lost 2-1 at their ground (1st leg) and could only draw 1-1 at Lokomotiv in a tight game that could of gone either way.

So we now drop into the Europa League 4th Qual. rd and we've drawn Banik Ostrava (Czech Rep.)

EDIT: In a very poor game we were lucky to even score (90+4) and drew 1-1 @ Home 1st leg ... Then second leg we dominated and won 3-0 Away we've been doing this in the league also struggling @ Home but dominating Away.

Europa Group: Barcelona (another top Spanish side!? getting silly now!), Aris (Greece) + H. Tel Aviv (Israel).

brettney1980 - Unlucky at the end there, but great season! Nice to see the facilities being upgraded to. Good luck against Getafe.

PRDH - Great season. Nice job at the Camp Nou to. Good luck in Europe next season ... You're moving to fast. Congrats on the win against one of the 2 giants of Spain. Looking good!

Almondo - So close. Nice domestic domination there. Next year European domination for sure! :thup:

Crispypaul - Congrats on another promotion!

LLR and rlipscombe - Think positive thoughts! :)

Been busy with other things myself the last few days. Probably won't have time to play much this week. Some great progress in here though. Keep it up :thup:

Argh... tough decisions need to be made. In the space of a week (Thu/Sun/Thu) I have to play Olympiakos home and away in the EURO Cup and in between, I have a key Serie A match with Inter. I know I won't be able to play full-strength teams in all of those matches. I don't want to go out of the EURO Cup, since the money is good and it raises the club's profile. On the other hand, a loss to Inter would be very damaging blow to my hopes of Champion's Cup qualification...

I hate spells like this. :(

brettney1980 - Unlucky at the end there, but great season! Nice to see the facilities being upgraded to. Good luck against Getafe.

Thanks, Lost vs Getafe and i'm onto the next Euro adventure where i lost in Champions League Qualifying to Celtic and scraped into the Europa Cup Group by beating Banik Ostrava (Czech Rep.) in a Group with Barcelona, Aris (Greece) + H. Tel Aviv (Israel).

Argh... tough decisions need to be made. In the space of a week (Thu/Sun/Thu) I have to play Olympiakos home and away in the EURO Cup and in between, I have a key Serie A match with Inter. I know I won't be able to play full-strength teams in all of those matches. I don't want to go out of the EURO Cup, since the money is good and it raises the club's profile. On the other hand, a loss to Inter would be very damaging blow to my hopes of Champion's Cup qualification...

I hate spells like this. :(

I would try changing training to rest for as many as possible for a week and see how many can push through all three games.

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 13 - 2023/24

Story of the Season:

Serie A - 3rd, Qualified for Champions League

An amazing start to the season brought us 8 wins from 8, putting us top of the pile for the first time ever! We slowed down a little with a few draws, before finally succumbing to our first loss 2-0 away to Juventus. A draw against close rivals Palermo meant we went into the winter break equal on points with them, but 2nd due to goal difference.

I was hoping we might keep pace with Palermo for a while, but it didn't really happen. They were relentless, and we kept dropping the odd point to fall back from them. Eventually the teams behind us caught up, and we dropped into third, and briefly fourth. Nevertheless, we secured Champions League qualification with a fantastic 2-0 win to avenge our earlier first defeat against Juventus.

Exertions in other competitions meant we ran out of steam a bit after that, but an absolutely stonking 8-1 win on the final day against AC Milan put us back up into 3rd, a significant result as we wouldn't have to negotiate a (potentially tricky with our relatively poor coefficient) qualifier next season.

Coppa Italia - Runners Up

European football meant we skipped the qualifiers again, and we a relatively easy run, despite facing Serie A teams early in the competition. Bari and Parma were dispatched to set up a tantalising semi final against former parent club Livorno. We took advantage of their lowly current standings to book our place in the final.

AC Milan lay in wait, the first real test of the competition. An early goal knocked us off our stride, and despite coming back into the game strongly, we couldn't find an equaliser. We would avenge the defeat later in the league, but I would really have loved that first top-level trophy.

Europa League - Semi Final

A qualifier against Austrians SV Mattersburg was academic, despite the close 2-1 scoreline. An uncannily similar path to our last two Europa League campaigns then began. First the group headed up by a massive English club (Chelsea this time, with Metalurg Donetsk and FC Zurich making up the numbers), which we qualified second from (4 wins against the lesser lights, a loss and draw against Chelsea), only to come up against Spanish giants (Sevilla rather than Valencia this time).

Where it differed is this time we blew Sevilla out of the water, a 4-1 aggregate score slightly flattering, but nevertheless a deserved result. Fellow second-placed-in-the-group-stage AS Saint-Etienne were dispatched by the same scoreline, before another English behemoth in Man City stood in our path. A narrow 3-2 away leg loss was avenged in style, a 5-0 demolition the least we deserved.

Zenit St. Petersburg were the only thing between us and a place in the final, and we did our best to make it easy for them, shipping 3 soft goals in Russia before a solitary reply gave us hope for the second leg. I sent the players out demanding they repeated the Man City performance, but it didn't quite happen. A late Vitone goal sparked hopes of a shock win, but we didn't really deserve it.

Zenit went on to beat Atletico Madrid in the final, so at least we lost to the eventual champions.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Results 4 - Squad

Transfers - £9.95m Loss

Had to return to spending a little this year, mostly due to the decline of all 3 of last season's. Of the 3, only Ravaglia was kept on, as Juan Jose Godoy came in as number 1, with Filippo Pedersoli as a young prospect. Philipp Egger was a bargain at £2.9m, and offered proper competition to my established pairing of Tulino and Kooiman for the first time in ages. Justin Turon was the only significant out, the former captain not getting enough first team football for his, or my, liking.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Walter Aguero - ST - Finally starting to fulfill his potential with a relatively injury-free season. I think there's still more to come.

4. Victor Amoruso - MC - Best ever season for us, getting into double figures for assists.

3. Rene Kooiman - DC - Again, sort of representing the whole defence as they were excellent, but he was the star.

2. Abel Petrillo - ST - No matter the level he keeps on getting us the goals, can't wait to let him loose in the Champions League.

1. Jon Pagola - AMLC - The attacking midfield role has been the making of him, top class.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted
2013/14   Serie C1/B              5th       Playoff Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Serie C1/B              2nd       Playoff Winners, Promoted
2015/15   Serie B                 12th      
2016/17   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Serie A                 20th      Relegated
2018/19   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2019/20   Serie A                 7th       Qualified for Europa League
2020/21   Serie A                 6th       Qualified for Europa League
2021/22   Serie A                 9th
2022/23   Serie A                 5th       Qualified for Europa League
2023/24   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abel Petrillo       ST         2016-Present            281     132    7.16
Victor Amoruso      MC         2018-Present            240      22    6.99
Mauro Vigorito      GK         2011-2023               217       0    6.82
Patxi Rodriguez     DM/MC      2017-Present            203      14    6.87
Mauro Quiroga       DM/MC      2019-Present            192      13    6.99
Rene Kooiman        DC         2019-Present            191       7    7.00
Nicolas Amodio      DM/MC      2012-2018               183      12    6.93
Filippo Vitone      AMRC       2018-Present            183      31    7.08
Antonio Marino      DLC        2013-2021               180       5    6.88
Stefano Tulino      D/DM/MRC   2019-Present            175      12    7.12
Mario Ortiz         DM/MC      2013-2021               169       5    6.83
Nicola Ravaglia     GK         2018-Present            164       0    6.90
Enzo Scorza         ST         2012-2018               159      82    7.24
Nicolas             D/DM/MC    2015-2022               159       5    6.85
Jon Pagola          AMLC       2019-Present            157      33    7.29
Adem Ljajic         AMRLC      2019-Present            157      25    6.91
Rosario Licata      D/WB/ML    2011-2016               146       3    6.92
Francesc Alcalde    AMLC/ST    2014-2020               145      45    6.98
Mauricio Martin     D/DM/MC    2020-Present            141       6    6.95
Luca Tedeschi       DC         2012-2018               139       8    7.09
Mogi                DRC        2017-2022               134       0    6.76
Diego Farias        AMRLC      2015-2019               126      19    6.90
Nenad Lukic         MLC        2021-Present            125      16    6.97
Davide Testa        AM/ST      2011-2015               121      40    7.04
Jose A. Loureiro    DR         2020-Present            119       0    7.06
Ruben               AML        2015-2019               103       7    6.86
Fausto Rossi        AML        2016-2021               102      18    6.97

Next Season:

So close to winning 2 trophies, but we came away with nothing in the end. Still, Champions League qualification means we can really kick on now, hopefully. I think a good season would be to retain our Champions League status, whilst not coming last in the group stage this time round. If we finish 3rd and end up in the Europa League again, I'd love to win it.

Forza Messina!

Algeciras CF | Season 2012/13

League and Domestic Cup Results

Final League Table

As you can see, not too bad for my first season, perhaps could've done a bit better, but for a team that was predicted to finish in last place - I'm fairly pleased.

Past Positions

I started off fairly well, but it soon tailed off as other big clubs got into their stride. I hit a bit of form at the end but it was too little too late I'm afraid. As I say though; still a respectable position.

Players/Staff - In/Out

Players In&Out

I dropped a fair few players from both my first team and under 19's - they simply weren't up to standard. Payed a fair bit overall, having to pay compensation fees. Fortunately however, most were at the end of their contracts. All players in were used some way or another and I managed to reduce wages on almost all players. Find myself comfortable under wage budget and expect a larger transfer budget next season therefore.

Staff

Didn't get rid of any staff as I saw myself at the beginning with literally two staff members; myself and the chairman. Added two coaches, a physio and an assman who were all largely helpful and instrumental to any kind of success I had.

Key Players

Sebas

Sebas was hugely important in my games, sitting as the only centre back and anchorman of the entire team. He was brilliant at clearing the ball away and roughing up the opponents. Not the best tackler but he certainly got the job done. Without him I'm very positive I would have been relegated.

Javi Ballesteros

Javi was my big scorer, knocking in 23 goals. He was always there to put them in the back of the net and was also hugely helpful, assisting 11 other goals. His passing and tackling were also top notch for a striker, but his main purpose was certainly to score and boy did he do just that!

Julian

Julian is truly a class act. Perhaps a bit of a hot head in a lot of areas, and yes he went for glory far too often, but what do you expect from an 18 year old? He's one of my top players all ready and I'm sure he is just going to keep on getting better. The true creative link between the midfield and attack, Julian managed to bag 9 goals and set up 11 goals. He was great and I expect brilliant things from him in the future.

Carlos Del la Vega

Carlos was at the top of my wish list at the beginning of the season, and boy did he deliver! A hell of a tackler, superbly nifty, pretty fast and a great crosser. A complete full back and at the tender of ae of 22 I can see this boy going far.

Up and Coming Players

Juan Alvarez

Aside from the two kids in my Key Players section, this youngster is my only up and comer from the under 19's. He's an exciting player, and I'm sure he'll break into the first side in a couple of years. Assman says he can be a good Liga Adelante player, and buy the looks of him and his rate of growth, I wouldn't say he's wrong.

General Thoughts

Overall, I think it was a decent season. Would've liked to have seen me rise to a higher league position but I'm content with my current position. I think some of my signings were influential and others.. weren't and I think the few staff I have on my team have served me well. To summarize, a fun opening season and I guess there is one last thing to say - onwards and upwards!

Crispypaul - Congrats on another promotion!

Thanks!

Gonna be tough this year - I have an incredibly tight wage budget (used all the transfer money for wages even) yet need a few players still. Am looking at decent prospects to fill out the bench.

ArranoBeltza - welcome to the challenge. good luck in Spain. would be good to see a Basque team do well

Ohanzee - i'm thinking positive but beginnig to fear the worst. time to turn it around though.

SloppyDerek - solid season there. good luck pushing upwards next season.

SnakeXe - congratulations on Cl football. good Europa League run too.

Well, I was sacked after 22 matches with just one win- I am going to re-start as the same club, but this time I'll pay more attention to the attributes of my signings and will attempt a different tactical approach.

Also- I hope this isn't against the rules, but for this save I am loading all Spanish and all Basque players (the Basques hardly add anything).

SV_Wuppertaler.png

Season review 2021/22 - Wuppertaler SV Borussia

League - 1st

4 in a row. The league was quite a walkover to be honest. I managed to get results over both Leverkusen and FC Bayern at home and away. I struggled at tmes due to key players being out due to injuries, notably Borja and Nikolov with broken legs and also Bohac with Shin Splints. Hwever squad players stepped up and helped us on to the title.

German Cup - Winners

1st RD away @ Altona 93

2nd RD away @ Hoffenheim

3rd RD away @ Dusseldorf

Quarter Final home vs Hannover

Semi Final away at Mainz

Final neutral vs Leverkusen (Again)

The European Adventure

Final Group table

Benfica            H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/HBenfica.png]2-1[/url] ECC Group E
Barcelona          A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ABarca.png]1-1[/url] ECC Group E
Zilina             A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/AZilina.png]3-0[/url] ECC Group E
Zilina             H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/HZilina.png]2-0[/url] ECC Group E
Benfica            A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ABenfica.png]3-1[/url] ECC Group E
Barcelona          H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/HBarcelona.png]2-2[/url] ECC Group E

Panathanaikos      A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECC1stko1.png]1-0[/url] ECC 1st KO Rd
Panathanaikos      H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECC1stko2.png]3-1[/url] ECC 1st KO Rd
Man City           H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECCQF1.png]4-2[/url] ECC Quarter Final
Man City           A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECCQF2.png]2-4[/url] ECC Quarter Final [b]Won on Penalties[/b]
Leverkusen         H [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECCSF1.png]2-1[/url] ECC Semi Final
Leverkusen         A [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECCSF2.png]1-1[/url] ECC Semi Final

Porto              N [url=http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/almondsnuts/big%20euro/season%2011/ECCFinal.png]3-1[/url] ECC Final

So after going close last season we managed to get the win over Porto to take home the Champions Cup. It's been hard work but we finally managed to do it. This years trip to the final was a tough one, facing teams like Barcelona, Benfica, Man City and Porto but we managed to get the results that mattered. 4 players were picked in the Dream Team and Kieran Gibbs was named as ECC Best Player.

Transfers

more out than in really but the amount spent is a lot higher.

Finances

Once again supplemented by prize money.

Key Players

Javier Garde Replaced Martin Franc as the number one between the sticks and didn't let me down.

Marius Berger Berger came into the squad and just made th eleft back spot his own. I couldn't play him in the ECC as he joined after the registration date.

Tobias Gross Snapped up after he was offered to me and he didn't let me down at all.

Keiran Gibbs Once again another good season for the left midfielder.

Teodor Nikolov Until his broken leg Nikolov was on fire totally.

One's for the future

Roman Zakharov Zakharov could be a great player in the future and just needs some good tutoring.

other news

Tobias Gross got the Footballer of the Year award and Teodor Nikolov got the Top Goalscorer award, despte being out since February. They were both picked in the .

Season  |   Division    |  position  |    Cup       |  Europe          | Acheivements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/12   |   German 3rd  |     2nd    |   N/A        | N/A              | Promotion
12/13   |   German 2nd  |     5th    |  1st RD      | N/A              |  None
13/14   |   German 2nd  |     1st    |  Qtr Final   | N/A              | Champions
14/15   |   Bundesliga  |     6th    |  Semi Final  | N/A              | Stayed up.
15/16   |   Bundesliga  |     3rd    |  3rd RD      | N/A              | Champions League Qualification
16/17   |   Bundesliga  |     2nd    |  2nd RD      | ECC Group stage  | Champions League Qualification
17/18   |   Bundesliga  |     2nd    |  Winner      | ECC 1st KO rd    | German cup winners
18/19   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Runner Up   | ECC 1st KO rd    | League Winners
19/20   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Winner      | ECC Semi final   | League and Cup winners
20/21   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Winner      | Runner Up        | League and Cup winners, ECC Final
21/22   |   Bundesliga  |     1st    |  Winner      | Winners          | Treble and Challenge Complete
*CHALLENGE COMPLETE*

Wuppertaler SV Borussia 100 club

Due to a screw up I won't be updating this table

Name            | Position    | Apps    |    Years        | Goals        | AvR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnny Leoni    |   GK        | 129     | 2012-2017       |   0          | 6.88     
Andrea Romano   |   MC        | 262     | 2012-present    |   37         | 7.09
Michele Rigione |   DC        | 224     | 2011-Present    |   10         | 6.99
Badri Akubardiya|   DL        | 143     | 2014-present    |   7          | 6.91
Ernesto Theiler |   M/AMR     | 201     | 2014-present    |   33         | 7.04
Luca Siligardi  |   AMR/L     | 164     | 2011-2019       |   23         | 6.90
Yakubu          |   ST        | 138     | 2014-2021       |   62         | 7.02
Paul Pogba      |   MC        | 213     | 2014-present    |   19         | 7.04
Domagoj Duspara |   AML       | 140     | 2011-2018       |   15         | 6.93
Juho Makela     |   ST        | 119     | 2011-2018       |   73         | 7.11
Daniel Halke    |   DC        | 103     | 2012-2019       |   4          | 7.00
Borja           |   DRC       | 180     | 2015-present    |   8          | 7.18
Jermain Defoe   |   ST        | 131     | 2015-2021       |   52         | 7.01
Tonnie Litjens  |   DL        | 155     | 2014-present    |   1          | 6.95
Martin Franc    |   GK        | 142     | 2016-present    |   0          | 6.95
Tomas Bohac     |   DC        | 112     | 2017-Present    |   9          | 7.38
Kieran Gibbs    |   ML        | 122     | 2017-present    |   23         | 7.13
Nicolas Hofler  |   DMC       | 152     | 2011-present    |   9          | 7.00

Major Competiton winners

Champions Cup - Wuppertaler Sv Borussia

Euro Cup - Barcelona

World Cup - Spain

Alright- I have officially re-started.

My profile is exactly the same, with the same team, so I will not post a new screen.

The difference, though, is I spent more time on my signings- last time, I looked a lot at strikers, whereas Gernika is weakest in goal and defense, so I focused more on that. I also created a 4-5-1 and based my signings on that formation, as opposed to signing players purely based on scout reports as I did before. I took MANY players on trial and scouted a number more, and then looked at attributes before making the decision- I'm much happier with my signings now and the tactic I have made (screens of the signings will come soon).

I have noticed that in Spain it is much more difficult to sign players than it was in the BSN when I did Dafuge's challenge- most of the players I scouted/trialled were worse, for one, and many of the good ones who weren't Spanish had no interest in signing with me (especially if they had been at English clubs prior, regardless of their nationality), whereas in the BSN I was able to easily sign players who had last played in Spain's Liga Adelante or 2B divisions- this, to me, sort of proves the theory I have had for a while of English bias in the game, but that's another story.

My first result in the league was a 1-1 home draw which I am unhappy with because I conceded late (but I had gotten distracted and didn't make any subs, so that may very well be my fault) and because I was playing against 10 men, but I am very happy with as it was against a stronger side (Alcorcon) who I was expected to lose to, and because since I got distracted I had failed to change my mentality to try to capitalize against my opponents' weakened side.

So, decent start so far- we'll see how it goes, as I started off well before. As I mentioned earlier, screens may come soon (if anybody requires them, I'll post them).

A question as well: I mentioned in my last post that I not only loaded all players from Spain, but included all Basque players as well. This hardly changed the total number of players, but the OP states to only load all players from the chosen country. I am playing a Basque club and, as most Basque players are Spanish, this hardly changed the total number of players. Is this okay, or do I need to start a new game??? I would really like someone to chime in on this because, while I don't see the issue, I don't want to be going against the challenge rules, either.

The load ALL players is not nationality it is based in nation, so if you have loaded ALL Spanish players that would already be against the rules, as for the Basque I see it as outside the rules, but I will leave the decision on this up to thought across the board from all players of the challenge.

So it should be "Based in Spain" & "Top Clubs in Europe"

The load ALL players is not nationality it is based in nation, so if you have loaded ALL Spanish players that would already be against the rules, as for the Basque I see it as outside the rules, but I will leave the decision on this up to thought across the board from all players of the challenge.

So it should be "Based in Spain" & "Top Clubs in Europe"

From the OP

"The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference. It is advised that you select ‘Load all Players’ for the country you are in. (This has been proven to provide you with over 50% more players in some countries!)"

That's why I did "all players" from Spain and Basque because I am playing a Spanish team and a team that's Basque.

Oh god! The giving away of leads continues. 3-0 up at half time. 53rd minute they are level. This is insane!

[edit] - Thankfully I managed to score a winner in the 92nd minute. Made it much harder than it needed to be though. Still, a win's a win.

After a year and a half in the footballing wilderness, manager David Machine hopes to make a triumphant return to the game with newly promoted C2/C club Grottaglie.

Apperntly we have the worst technique in the league, the worst stamina in the league, the worst.. well pretty much everything in the league. Except aggression, most aggressive squad in the league. Really just hoping to survive this season.

Archived