rancer890's FM11 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at that in a different way William Hall, once you get to be Australia manager it will be a good thing as they should have upgraded youth and training facilities and the youth recruitment so it's just making the International part of the challenge a little easier :thup:

I've just drawn Al-Ahly in the quarter finals of the CWC by the way. That game will also be my 100th game in charge of the Jets. :D

Wow.. Newcastle Jets 5 - 0 Al-Ahly. Taken from a news message after the game, "The final score of 5-0 didn't flatter Newcastle Jets as they totally controlled the Club World Championship Quarter Final against Al-Ahly"

Guys this is unbelievable. Check this out for a scoreline!! Into the final!!

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia;

Indonesian First Division - Promoted.

Second Stage.

Not alot to say had a very good first season in Indonesia i used a 3-1-4-2 formation with a Libero SW and it did its job and got us promoted, i'm not sure what the difference is between the First Division and the Premier so i'm not sure what to prepare for. Hopefully the players we have will be good enough for the step up.

Finances - Confidence - Transfers

Top players;

Isaac Burami - Top Scorer

Muin Kene - Most Assists

Isak Konon - Most Man of Match

aqefs.jpg

~Sham Shui Po ~ Hong Kong First Division ~ Season 6 2027/28~

Now with less text

~League~

We had a decent drawless league season, not as good as the previous season but enough for 3rd place though.

League Table

Fixture List

~Cups~

In the senior shield we went out 2:3 in the Semi-Final against the lovely South China, the League Cup saw us not get out of the group stage as usual and the FA Cup saw us reach the Semi-Final where Happy Valley stopped our run.

As is often the case we got out of our ACC(AFC Cup) group with ease before meeting Busalteen of Bahrain in the 2nd round and losing 1:2, we managed a record shattering 11:1 victory in our group.

~Transfers~

we got 3 good players in, most notably striker Edgar Martínez and did some selling aswell, the big one being Tony which we sold for 120k pounds, thanks to our sell-on clause we got a similar amount not long after that as he was sold again.

Transfers

[b]Season    Position    Senior Shield    League Cup    FA Cup      Continental[/b]
2022/23        6th     Quarter-final    Group C    Quarter-final         -
2023/24        5th     1st round        Group C    Quarter-final         -
2024/25        4th     Champion     Quarter-final  Quarter-final     ACC Champion
2025/26        7th     Quarter-final    Group C      1st Round       ACC 2nd round
2026/27        2nd     1st round        Group C      Semi-Final          -
2027/28        3rd     Semi-Final       Group C      Semi-Final      ACC 2nd round

Lots of catching up to do since I last posted - nice to see lots of people participating though!

Sazchu - not a bad season - what do you think the chances are of you finally overhauling South China? I'm going to assume Edgar Martinez isn't from Hong Kong - where is he from, and just how good is he?

STR - wow! You just went right ahead and finished the domestic challenge in what? Two seasons! Pretty impressive! Hoping to carry on and do the international part too?

brettney1980 - Congratulations on the promotion. How big a step up is it and how do you rate your chances of staying up?

William Hall - you're racing through the seasons - good stuff. I've got a funny feeling this year is going to be your year for the ACL (blind optimism never did anyone any harm, right?). :D

VVV - Best of luck in Australia! Rancer mentioned that you'd attempted the challenge in the past in India - any tips for me? :p

STR - you amaze me mate. To finish 3 steps that quickly! Proving to VVV who's the better brother at this challenge eh? ;)

Sazchu - another solid season. Turn those losses into draws and you'll be a little closer to South China. :p

brettney - nice work on promotion! The Premier Division skill wise there's isn't a major difference. Good luck!

William Hall - same as usual. The pressure is on for you to win that Asian Champions League! STR finished the 3 steps quicker than you! :D

2020/21 Asian Champions League Review

Persib Bandung 2 - 5 Newcastle Jets (Quarter Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 0 Persib Bandung (Quarter Final Leg 2)

Bunyodkor Toshkent 1 - 2 Newcastle Jets (Semi Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 0 - 0 Bunyodkor Toshkent (Semi Final Leg 2)

qx3thg.jpg

Newcastle Jets 1 - 0 Henan Jianye (aet.) (neutral. Suphachalasai Stadium. Thailand) (Final)

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole

Sazchu - not a bad season - what do you think the chances are of you finally overhauling South China? I'm going to assume Edgar Martinez isn't from Hong Kong - where is he from, and just how good is he?

I believe it shouldn't be too long until i manage to take the league but we'll see, as for Edgar Martinez he is the best player to have played for Sham Shui Po, I could've included information about the fact that he was the leagues top goalscorer and was voted the Footballer of the Year in his first season at the club aswell as ofcourse making it into the Team of the Year and the Fan's player of the year at the club.

Rancer -

I found a slightly more in-depth, real life version of the Maldives league than found in the "All Asia" download in the challenge information. Before I begin the challenge I just wanted to check to make sure the new one is okay to use.

You can find it here

Have a go Brixton Athletic, I'll add it to the OP. Although according to wiki (I admit I know absolutely nothing about Maldivian football), there's 8 teams. :p

Good luck. No one has played in the Maldives in my challenge IIRC. :)

VVV - Best of luck in Australia! Rancer mentioned that you'd attempted the challenge in the past in India - any tips for me? :p

All I would say is look to beat the teams around you in the league, before looking at league dominance, that will come in time. Finishing stats for a striker = anything above 10 is outstanding, look for high physical stats too.

End of First Season (Regular Season) Report

HEARTBREAK on the final day of the season! Sydney needed a win of any kind to beat me at home to Adelaide (who were awful) and scraped a 2-1 win! Other than that, I had a great season, Mate Dugandzic collected the Golden Boot award with 21 goals, and I was manager of the season.

finaltableyes.png

Really annoyed me!

Targets

1. Sign some bigger names

2. Win the League

After being shattered at the last in the Regular Season, I went in to the Final Series low on confidence, drawn against bogey team Sydney FC for the Semi Final.

Melbourne Victory 4-1 Sydney FC

Sydney FC 3-0 Melbourne Victor

Sydney FC win on away goals

Thought it was all over. But then, I realised the structure of the Australian Final Series!!

Melbourne Victory 5-1 Newcastle Jets

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Final Series Final... all the elation... vs Sydney FC... wonderful.

Sydney FC 1-0 Melbourne Victory - HT

Sydney FC 1-1 Melbourne Victory - FT

BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Penalties... all miss miss miss - Sydney win on penalties.

Lowest of the low... Sydney won the league and the final series... what does that mean?

MELBOURNE VICTORY QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

I have named an experienced squad for the friendly against Brazil on the 11th August at the MCG.

Goalkeepers

Mitchell Langerak Age: 32 92 Caps Mallorca

Adam Federici Age: 36 20 Caps Reading

Danny Vukovic Age: 36 No Caps Newcastle Jets

Defenders

Diogo Ferreira Age: 31 1 Cap Newcastle Jets

Jack Hingert Age: 30 29 Caps 1 Goal North Queensland Fury

Scott Jamieson Age: 32 88 Caps 1 Goal Melbourne Heart

Michael Hunt Age: 22 1 Cap Gold Coast United

Matthew Spiranovic Age: 33 104 Caps 9 Goals Nurnberg

Joe Craig Age: 26 61 Caps 1 Goal FC Groningen

Aleksander Jovanovic Age: 32 1 Cap Newcastle Jets

Neil Talevski Age: 26 14 Caps Red Bull Salzburg

Drew Parhas Age: 21 10 Caps Al-Ahli (KSA)

George Bozinovski Age: 25 19 Caps Genk

Midfielders

Kazuya Akiba Age: 28 No Caps Melbourne Heart

Leigh Broxham Age: 33 17 Caps Melbourne Victory

James Brown Age: 31 35 Caps 4 Goals Newcastle Jets

Adrian Luche Ucchino Age: 29 17 Caps 2 Goals Frosinone

Joe Wright Age: 29 18 Caps Melbourne Victory

Paul Baxter Age: 23 1 Cap Melbourne Victory

James Holland Age: 32 91 Caps 36 Goals Blackburn Rovers

James Troisi Age: 33 91 Caps 8 Goals Newcastle Jets

Marko Jesic Age: 31 No Caps Newcastle Jets

Forwards

Mathew Leckie Age: 30 74 Caps 11 Goals Lille

Beau Daley Age: 24 No Caps Newcastle Jets

Nathan Burns Age: 33 44 Caps 7 Goals Cagliari

Mate Dugandzic Age: 31 No Caps Melbourne Victory

Friendly Against Brazil

4-4-2 Narrow Diamond

Gk: Langerak

Rb: Bozinovski

Lb: Talevski

Cb: Craig

Cb: Spiranovic

Dm: Akiba

Mc: Ucchino

Mc: Baxter

Am: Holland

St: Leckie

St: Burns

Bench: Vukovic (gk), Parhas, Ferreira, Jovanovic, Broxham, Brown, Troisi, Jesic, Daley

Australia 0 - 3 Brazil

Roberto (8th)

Coutinho (44th)

Alex (84th)

Season 2014 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese National First Division

Table

FA Cup

There we go! Secured promotion with one game in hand thanks to superior GD. :thup: Baxy and Qingdao had a great final-day clash to decide which of them were joining me, and I couldn't help but pay more attention to them than our own final game. :p Especially pleasing to see us top of the toughest First Division season to date; teams have won before with as little as 46 points.

Squad

Transfers

It's a small but really solid team. I felt dubious about our chances at first when the board decided to cash in on Porcel, with some predictable reactions, but getting Rafinha in meant I could shuffle Xianjun over to the left where he was lethal all season, cutting inside to shoot or feed the strikers with through balls much the same way Porcel had. Add another Argentinian defender in Villaroel and Chen-replacement Zhang Qing — my now best striker — to that and things were looking pretty good after all.

Finances

Minimum league position bonus was 5M RMB this time and, well, we won... and got a paltry 490K for it. There goes every single dime I made from those transfers. :(

Aim for next season: Survival! Qingdao was a b*tch to face this season, and they were dead last by some margin in the Super League last year. I suspect this will be a tough step-up.

Season   League                  Finish   FA Cup     Achievements
2011     Second Division South   1st      -          Playoff finalists, Promotion via league expansion
2012     First Division          6th      1st Rnd    -
2013     First Division          4th      1st Rnd    -
2014     First Division          1st      1st Rnd    -

END OF SEASON REPORT 2012-13

Started off slowly, signed too many big names, on too big wages, and ended up with a tiny squad, one injury and I had no chance! Signed some coaches, to fill up my quota, and it appeared to make a difference. Made a big signing Bruce Djite up front to partner Dugandzic, and he pretty much fired me right up the table. 2 good wins against my biggest rivals Sydney, and two poor results from them led to this:

finaltablewinner.png

First stage of the challenge complete. Still got final series to come, and then the Asian Champions League. Excited a lot.

Targets

1. Improve training facilities

2. Reach Semi Finals of Champions League

Well done getting the Australia job, William Hall! Good luck in the Asian cup :thup:

Also, well done Scab and congratulations on the promotion. Does that take you into the top league in China now? I know nothing about the Chinese leagues.

Good luck in every game of next season VVV, I know you'll need it... ;)

Edit: Just been hired as new Australia manager myself now! Really not sure if I want to carry on as Newcastle Jets manager.. :(

When the game is updated with new transfers for the january window South China will be even more annoying when people start a new game as Nicky Butt has arrived, and has allready given a taste of what is to come with a goal today from a freekick against TSW Pegasus.

When the game is updated with new transfers for the january window South China will be even more annoying when people start a new game as Nicky Butt has arrived, and has allready given a taste of what is to come with a goal today from a freekick against TSW Pegasus.

I can help translate if anyone needs help... :p

Friendly Versus Saudi Arabia

Friendly Versus Saudi Arabia

4-4-2 Tight Diamond

Gk. Langerak

Lb: Parhas

Dm: Akiba

Mc: McGowan

Mc: Brown

Am: Baxter

St: Holland

Bench: Federici, Jamieson, Hamill, Grant, Troisi, Wright, Ferreira, Jesic and Burns

Australia 0 - 0 Saudi Arabia

2021 Asian Champions League and Socceroos friendlies Review

Daegu 1 - 1 Newcastle Jets (ACL Quarter Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 1 - 0 Daegu (ACL Quarter Final Leg 2)

Newcastle Jets 3 - 1 Al-Arabi (QAT) (ACL Semi Final Leg 1)

Friendly Against South Korea

4-4-2 Tight Diamond

Dm: Grant

Mc: Wright

Bench: Federici, Talevski, Jamieson, Jesic, Hamill, Troisi, Daley, McGowan and Ferreira

Australia 0 - 1 South Korea

Tae-Hee (2)

Al-Arabi (QAT) 1 - 2 Newcastle Jets (ACL Semi Final Leg 2)

Newcastle Jets 1 - 0 Al-Hilal (KSA) (ACL Final)

Asian Nations Cup Qualifier verus Qatar

4-3-2-1

Cb: Hamill

Amr: Leckie

Aml: Troisi

Amc: Holland

Bench: Federici, Georgakopoulos, McEntegart, Monterosso, Spiranovic, Oar and Daley

Qatar 1 - 0 Australia

Look at my squad for the A-League game

Asian Nations Cup Qualifier against Palestine

4-2-3-1

Mc: Troisi

Rw: Burns

Lw: Oar

St: Monterosso

Bench: Federici, Georgakopoulos, Leckie, Jesic, Spiranovic, Matkovic and Daley

Australia 6 - 1 Palestine

Francesco Monterosso (2, 48)

James Holland (41,44,68)

James Troisi (65)

Omar Barahma (89)

Vasco Sport Club

vasconormal.png

Indian National Football League 2017/18 (Season 7)

National Football League: 1st

Federation Cup: Winners (defeated AIFF XI in Final)

Durand Cup: Not entered

Indian Super Cup: Winners (defeated Mohun Bagan)

Asian Champions League: 2017 - Runner Up (defeated by Seongnam in Final), 2018 - Quarter-Finals (1st in Group D - Competition not yet completed)

Indian National Football League Competition Ranking: 9th in Asia (-4 places)

Season Review: Not too much to say about the domestic season - I wasn't invited to the Durand Cup again this season, so we had to make do with three domestic trophies rather than four - other than that, it was a clean sweep. The only real question domestically now is if we can ever complete a perfect 100% season. We came pretty close this year, with just four draws getting in the way. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that we could do it! My league unbeaten streak now stands at 109 games.

In the Asian Champions League, as I reported in my mini update, we made it all the way to the final but fell at the last hurdle in the 2017 competition. In 2018, we eased through the preliminary rounds against Kazma and Bani Yas, and then went unbeaten in the group stage for the first time ever, as we got three wins and three draws against Al-Wahda (who qualified second), Al-Hilal, and Zob-Ahan. In the Second Round we faced Al-Ain, a team that we had faced several times and done well against previously, and that held true again as we comfortably dispatched them for a 3-0 win to put us in the Quarter Finals again.

Notable Transfers - In: Quite a few significant transfers, but particularly important were two excellent players I brought in from Mohun Bagan. First of all, I signed Biswajit Vaswani, a central defender with 25 caps to his name at just 22 years old. My scouts rate him as about as good as fellow central defender Prince Diallo, who they think is the best player on the team. Vaswani cost £45k, a large amount of money for my career in India so far. But that figure was dwarfed by the £140k I spent on my second main signing, midfielder Khokon Hossain. Hossain cost the princely sum of £140k, by far my most expensive signing so far, but again he is an established international who also has 25 caps at 22 years of age. He repaid the fee with some good performances throughout the season though and was named runner-up in both the Midfielder of the Year and Player of the Year awards.

Notable Transfers - Out: Yet again, not too much to report - bit part and unhappy players departing on free transfers, and a couple of youngsters loaned out was the only activity in the "Out" column.

My Player of the Season: Rakib Ahmed - not just my player of the season, but the NFL Player of the Year and Midfielder of the Year, Ahmed excelled in my three man central midfield and chipped in with 7 goals and 9 assists in his 33 appearances. This is Rakib's fourth season with the club and at 24, he seems to be beginning to hit his prime.

Most Valuable: Dennis Diallo - £700k

Top Scorer: Dennis Diallo & Josimar - tied on 12 goals (Diallo - 24 appearances + 4 subs, Josimar - 31 appearances + 5 subs)

Fans' Player of the Year: Khokon Hossain

Next Season: With domestic domination more or less assured, the Champions League is obviously the main focus - we are coming off the back of our best group performance so far and our easiest Second Round win, plus of course we've been to the final for the last two years - I'd like to at least make it that far again. Ideal would of course be to win it and take another stab at the Club World Championship, though I doubt very much that we'd have the ability to win the CWC as of yet. On the plus side, the board completed our new youth academy earlier this year and an upgrade to the youth facilities will be finished in October, so hopefully we keep bringing through talented youngsters, both for Vasco's sake and the sake of the Indian national team.

[b]Season     Division    Position    Federation Cup    Durand Cup    Continental      Achievements[/b]
2011/12    NFL         7th         2nd - Group B     N/A           N/A              None
2012/13    NFL         1st         Semi-Final        N/A           N/A              Champions
2013/14    NFL         1st         Winners           Winners       CL - 4th Grp B   Domestic treble
2014/15    NFL         1st         Winners           N/A           CL - 1/4 Final   Domestic double
2015/16    NFL         1st         Winners           Winners       CL - Winners     Domestic treble, ACL Winners, 3rd in CWC
2016/17    NFL         1st         Winners           Winners       CL - Runners Up  Domestic treble, ACL Runners Up
2017/18    NFL         1st         Winners           N/A           CL - 1/4 Final*  Domestic double
*Competition not yet completed

India

200pxflagofindia.png

Asian Challenge Cup 2018

Qualification: 1st in Group C

My first competitive football as manager of India came in qualification for the Asian Challenge Cup, a tournament put on by the AFC for "emerging" (i.e. not very good) nations. We faced Cambodia, Laos, and the Philippines in our qualifying group, all of whom were ranked lower than us in the world rankings, though none of whom (even 206th ranked Cambodia) would be a walkover. All the games in our group were played over a five day period in April, with all of the matches being played in Manila (giving the Philippines something of a home advantage).

But we made a statement of intent in the first qualifying game with a 3-1 win over the hosts in my first competitive match in charge. All three goals came from Vasco players in a match that was a lot tighter than the scoreline suggested. Our second game should theoretically have been our easiest as we faced 206th ranked Cambodia. But in a dour game it took a scrappy goal and a penalty for us to eventually overcome the battling underdogs and come away with the win. We needed a win from our final game against Laos to guarantee qualification since only one team from the group would progress to the tournament. We duly delivered with our most convincing performance to date, a 4-1 win to send us through.

Group Stage: 1st in Group B

Eight teams would contest the Asian Challenge Cup, which would be held in early August in Kyrgyzstan. The teams were organised into two groups of four, and the top two teams in each group would progress to the semi-finals. India were drawn against Hong Kong (ranked 155th), Macau (177th), and Tajikstan (116th). The pre-tournament expectations would be that it would be tight between us and Tajikstan for 1st place in the group, while the other two teams would battle it out for 3rd. The Indian FA had the minimum expectation that we would reach the final of the tournament. So no pressure.

We started the group stage with a slightly lucky 3-2 victory over Hong Kong - we were outdone by the underdogs both in terms of shots and possession, and to cap it all, right back Sandip Salgaocar managed to get himself sent off (Salgaocar, incidentally, is the most indisciplined player in Vasco history, with 13 yellow cards and 3 reds last season). But Sunil Chetri of the Kansas City Wizards (or now Sporting Kansas City), 34 years old and still India's best player, scored two goals to see us through.

Next up were theoretically the worst team in the group, Macau, and again we struggled to overcome supposedly inferior opposition as we stuttered to a 2-1 victory. Newly installed India captain (and current Vasco captain), midfielder Rakesh Masih, got the go-ahead goal to give us victory and ensure our passage into the semi-finals.

Tajikstan had only managed a draw against Macau, so they needed at least a point to qualify for the next round. We also needed a point to be guaranteed to top the group. And both sides got what they wanted in an entertaining 0-0 draw to round off the group.

India 2-1 Kyrgyzstan - AFC Challenge Cup Semi-Final

In the semi-finals, we would face the hosts, who were runners-up in Group A, while Tajikstan would face Group A winners Nepal. It was a fairly even game, but we never looked in too much trouble after left winger Dulal Ansari, in only his third appearance for the national side, put us ahead after only 3 minutes. With three quarters of the match gone, Sunil Chhetri fired home to give us what would surely be an unassailable lead - and despite a late penalty which reduced the deficit to 2-1, we held on to go through to the final.

India 4-3 Tajikstan - AFC Challenge Cup Final

While the first game between India and Tajikstan, just a week and a half ago in the group stage, had ended up as a 0-0 draw, both sides contrived to put on a showcase for the final, producing an instant classic that India fans will remember for a long time. The two teams spent a while getting a feel for each other in the first half, but in first half stoppage time Tajikstan made the breakthrough they had been looking for to put the more fancied side in poll position for the second half.

But India came out all guns blazing, and once again Sunil Chhetri popped up with just two minutes gone in the second half for the equaliser. Vasco midfielder Anthony Chauhan then put us ahead after a period of sustained pressure on the Tajikstan goal right on the hour mark, but in a rollercoaster of a game, Tajikstan came back four minutes later to level the game at 2-2. Caution was being thrown to the wind now as both teams threw everything forward to try to get the victory. It was Chetri again who was next on the scoresheet, restoring India's advantage after 74 minutes - but Tajikstan were not to be outdone, and once again just two minutes later went right down the other end and grabbed an equaliser. Both teams did all they could to grab a vital winner, but with 90 minutes on the clock, it looked certain that we would be going to extra time. But then, three minutes into stoppage time, with the referee looking at his watch, substitute Dulal Ansari made a run down the left and fired a high hopeful cross into the box. It ricocheted off of a Tajikstan defender, bobbled between a couple of players, and fell at the feet of the very man every India fan would hope to have in that situation - that man again, Sunil Chhetri, who smashed the ball into the roof of the net to send the India fans into raptures and win the trophy for his country. What a legend.

Asian Cup Qualifier Versus Vietnam

4-2-3-1

Aml: Troisi

Bench: Federici, Georgakopoulos, Oar, Jesic, Spiranovic, Wright and Monterosso

Vietnam 0 - 3 Australia

James Troisi (10)

Mathew Leckie (13, 45+1)

United Victory

Maldivian Male League 2011 (Season 1)

After holidaying for a year, I became manager of United Victory who finished bottom of their subdivision in the second division. It looks like due to teams dropping down, they have been switched from the Male League to the to the Uthuru League for this season.

Summary of football in the Maldives: To sum up the football leagues in the Maldives for those unfamiliar (everyone), there is one top division league where the bottom team is relegated and the second and third to last teams have a one-off game to decide relegation. There are four feeder divisions below it with the top two teams in each feeder division going into an eight team tournament to decide the two teams promoted.

Goals:

- Get to the promotion playoffs

- Upgrade staff, youth facilities, scouting range, and number of scouts

- Find foreign talent

2021/22 Season Review, ACL and Socceroos Game (Part 1)

League Table

Well, we won the regular season.

Adelaide United 0 - 0 Newcastle Jets (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 5 - 0 Beijing Guo'an (ACL Group)

Australia vs Qatar

Lb: Jamieson

Cb: Parhas

Aml: Oar

Bench: Federici, Spiranovic, Burns, Dugandzic, Hamill, Wright and Jesic

Australia 6 - 1 Qatar

Paul Baxter (3, 66)

Mathew Leckie (6)

Ryan McGowan (27)

Francesco Monterosso (57)

Mirghani Al-Shammari (46)

Newcastle Jets 1 - 1 Adelaide United (Adelaide win on away goals) (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Ulsan 2 - 2 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

2021/22 Season Review, ACL and Socceroos Game (Part 1)

League Table

Well, we won the regular season.

Adelaide United 0 - 0 Newcastle Jets (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 5 - 0 Beijing Guo'an (ACL Group)

Australia vs Qatar

Lb: Jamieson

Cb: Parhas

Aml: Oar

Bench: Federici, Spiranovic, Burns, Dugandzic, Hamill, Wright and Jesic

Australia 6 - 1 Qatar

Paul Baxter (3, 66)

Mathew Leckie (6)

Ryan McGowan (27)

Francesco Monterosso (57)

Mirghani Al-Shammari (46)

Newcastle Jets 1 - 1 Adelaide United (Adelaide win on away goals) (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Ulsan 2 - 2 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

just started with in S-League.. went on holiday from jan 2010 to 2011 then took over Sengkang Punggol FC. They came in last the previous season. Prediction 12th/12th. seems really tough as they have a lot of inconsistent players or old players. let's get this started! will post the other details soon.

United Victory

Maldivian Uthuru League 2011 (Season 1)

Season Review: It was a series of losing and winning streaks as I went from the bottom of the table, to the top, and back to the middle by the end of the year. I was able to sign a host of players in the preseason for nothing because of my amateur status, but the real thing that excites me is the staff additions I made from abroad. I now have a assistant from Columbia, coaches from Ukraine and Croatia, and two scouts from Brazil. I was able to get my board to increase my number of scouts to five and their scouting range to the entire Asian continent. This has allowed me to find a load of free, talented upgrades from abroad for next season. Things are looking up on my little atoll.

Final Position: 4th

Cup Winners' Cup: First Round

FA Cup: N/A

Super Cup: N/A

Continental: N/A

Season     Division    Position    Cup Winners' Cup   FA Cup    Continental      Achievements
2011         MUL         4th        First Round         N/A         N/A             None

Persiter Ternate - 2017/18 Review

Indonesian Super League: 3rd (Media prediction 7th)

Indonesian Cup: Winners

Asian Champions League: Ongoing

Another successful domestic season in Ternate, despite surrendering our league title to Sriwijaya. They were too good this season, and with our cup and continental commitments in the second half of the season, we couldn't keep up. Still, finishing 3rd while playing a weakened team for at least 10 games isn't bad.

We retained the cup comfortably, and booked our place in the Preliminary round of the 2019 Champions League. Speaking of the Champions League:

Group H:

Busan 1-1 Persiter

Persiter 3-1 F Marinos

Persiter 3-1 Dalian

Persiter 1-0 Busan

F Marinos 2-0 Persiter

Dalian 3-3 Persiter

Some good displays, and it means we qualified for the Second Round, as group winners. In the Second Round, we were drawn at home to Sydney FC, who were unbelievably beaten 6-1! I'm now awaiting the Quarter Final draw.

Finances

Prize money of £246k for 3rd (last season we got £210k for 1st, dynamic league rep \o/) coupled with the Champions League and Indonesian Cup means we're in a very healthy financial position now.

Best Eleven

Targets for next season:

- Regain the title

- Retain the cup

- Win the Champions League(?!)

For the first 2, all I need is more squad depth. To win the CL, we'll need a lot of luck, or maybe more performances like the one against Sydney.

The Super League is now ranked 23rd in Asia, and I can see that improving even more after our Champions League campaign.

Season	Division		MP	Finish	Cup	Asia	Honours
2011/12	First Division		4th	6th	R1	n/a
2012/13	First Division		4th	1st	R1	n/a	First Division Champions
2013/14	Premier Division	11th	10th	R1	n/a
2014/15	Premier Division	11th	1st	R2	n/a	Premier Division Champions	
2015/16	Super League		18th	5th	R1	n/a
2016/17	Super League		15th	1st	W	n/a	Super League Champions, Cup winners
2017/18	Super League		7th	3rd	W	QF	Cup winners	

Archived