Cb: Spiranovic

Cb: Craig

Mc: Brown

Mc: McGowan

Amr: Leckie

Aml: Troisi

Amc: Baxter

St: Holland

Bench: Federici, Jovanovic, Oar, Monterosso, Talevski, McEntegart, Burns, Ferreira, Wright

Australia 0 - 2 Nigeria

Valentine Adebayo (15)

Lukman Haruna (88)

United Victory

Maldivian Uthuru League 2012 (Season 2)

Season Review: Disappointing can not begin to describe my feelings over our league performance this season. Despite bringing in loads of talent, we seemed lethargic at best. On a positive note, somehow despite our poor league form we won the FA Cup. We were lucky to get mostly home matches throughout the competition and avoid any top league sides during the entire campaign. I believe this qualifies us for next year's Asian Confederations Cup. Like last season, I have upgraded my staff and have a bunch of foreigners coming in on free transfers before next season. I'm targeting the promotion playoffs and a deep run in both cups. If not, all bets are off if I last another season.

Final Position: 6th

Cup Winners' Cup: First Round

FA Cup: Winners

Super Cup: N/A

Continental: N/A

Season     Division    Position    Cup Winners' Cup   FA Cup    Continental      Achievements
2011        MUL         4th         First Round         N/A         N/A             
2012        MUL         6th         First Round         Winners     N/A          Qualified for Confederations Cup      

Welcome to the challenge Brixton Athletic. How are you finding the Maldives?

And I think the AFC Cup have foreigner restrictions...don't sign too many foreigners. :(

The Maldives is pretty rough. The small number of matches, disparity in talent between the top five clubs or so, and promotion playoffs make it difficult to even get out of the second division.

Just found out about the player restrictions...I was forced to play youth players and backups in the Confederations Cup. :( I just hope they stick around long enough to become citizens.

The Maldives is pretty rough. The small number of matches, disparity in talent between the top five clubs or so, and promotion playoffs make it difficult to even get out of the second division.

Just found out about the player restrictions...I was forced to play youth players and backups in the Confederations Cup. :( I just hope they stick around long enough to become citizens.

Well for your sake I hope your players can get citizenship soon. :p

I have added another change to the OP lads. After realizing at least 2 other challenges allow the loading of extra nations from any continent, I will do the same. :)

But please bear in mind, unlike Europe, Asian leagues and continental competitions have foreigner restrictions (usually 5 foreigners max, unless you're in HK). And countries like Indonesia, Japan, and I believe Singapore (and probably some other ones too) don't allow for dual citizenship, so you can't naturalize players in those countries.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of my save game.

I'll finish now, only completing the Domestic aspect of the challenge.

It's okay mate. I created two separate challenges (Domestic/International) for a reason...

World Cup 2018 groups have been drawn. We're in group H along with Brazil, England and Mexico. Brilliant.

Good luck. No pressure. :p

The quickest 4 years I've ever played! World Cup 2022 groups have been drawn. Group H with Brazil and Mexico again! Russia are the fourth team. Slightly better chance than last time.

Aahhh, FM froze and I had to close it and go back a month. The groups had to be drawn again. Still in a group with Brazil and Mexico! Czech Republic are the other team this time.

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia; - Season 2.

Indonesian Premier Division - Close losing last couple of games cost us (might try switching to a 4-4-2 next season.

Good season really, very happy that we didn't get caught up in a relegation battle. Onwards and upwards i think we might be able to go for a second stage attempt next year.

Finances - Confidence - Transfers

Squad Stats.

Top players;

Togbah Jeffrey - Top Scorer + Most Man Of Match

Andrian Mardiansyah - Most Assists

Lois Astian - Highest Ave. Rating + Player of the Year

Failed to get past the group stages in the Asian Cup for the second time out of 3 and have been sacked. The regens that came through were pretty poor to be honest, there were no Tim Cahills being generated anyway!

ul STR. :(

Are you going to keep playing and try and finish the international part of the challenge?

brettney, not bad first season in the Premier Division. Hope it all goes well next year and you can get promoted. :)

Yeah I might aswell because I can't get into any other game. How am I supposed to go about doing it? Do I have to go back to a club or retire this manager or something?

Retire the manager and holiday 5 years. You're done with club management. This is so you don't know all the players from the start (which makes it even more challenging :p).

Decided to give this challenge a try. I will be starting in China(first time in Asia for me) and I have currently loaded to 2nd division with a large database and players from top clubs in Asia. 12000 players in the db hoping it will be fast. I read the OP more than once to make sure I was correct in what I did and the database I’m hoping is fine.

Started in December 2010 and currently holidaying.

I stuck with being Maltese seeing it was not a problem.

If anything is incorrect please feel free to point it out.

Joined the new newly promoted GFW Football School as KeithCaruana. I believe they have quite impressive facilities for a semi-professional club in the Chinese 2nd Division however i am hoping stadium maintenance isn't that high give the 18000seater stadium :O.

I have no staff therefore that is my first aim. Pretty rough for first day at work.

Okay i have a big problem as i can't seem to register my players is this just me or is it a problem someone else had if so what did you do?

EDIT: holidayed a day and all was good...hope this doesn't happen everytime however.

Just figured out i could only sign U-17s. (it's too hard then for my likings will be starting again in China)

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia; - Season 3.

Indonesian Premier Division - First Stage - Second Stage - 3rd Place Playoff!

An up and down season really switched to a 4-4-2 like i said (well 4-1-3-2 really no wingers). Everytime we lost a game we ended up down to around 5th and a few wins put us in top 2 we played this game all season until a 7 game winning streak saw us go top with 2 games to go, we needed only 1 point to win the first stage group, so i played a team full of youngsters and players who hadn't played yet and we managed a 1-1 draw so excellent we're through with a game to go. Second phase groups saw us drawn in the group of death (thanks mr draw man) we got Persigo and Persikab the 2 other first stage stage group winners (Persigo dominated there group getting 50 points winning it by 8) and the 4th team in mour group of death was PS Musi Banyuasin who came 3rd in our group and beat us just a couple of games ago .. Great!!

At the end of the first stage the media was rife with rumours of a takeover of our club by a consortium of Businessmen, so added pressure on the club ... Takeover complete - No investment! Thanks for nothing new guy.

So we managed to win draw and lose in the second stage - Full House!! Enough to see us Promoted and into the 3rd place playoff vs Persita and we lose 3-0.

Squad Stats.

Top players;

Konan - Top Scorer.

Wiryo - Most Man of Match Awards!

Season     Division       Position    Indonesian Cup   Continental      Achievements
2011/12  First Division  1st Group D      4th Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2012/13   Premier Div.   4th Phase 1.     1st Rd,         N/A            ----------
2013/14   Premier Div.   4th Overall.     2nd Rd,         N/A            Promoted!

kcar, you'll need to pick the team that finished last in 2nd Div South or North in the first season. :thup: Those football schools are only inserted to make up for the leagues expanding.

Thanks just saved me from my own personal hell went 40 times about loading just before reset date and trying over and over again. So took over Tianjin Locomotive as they were the ones to finish last and the other team wasn't as good in its facilities. The finances are a truly horrible sight.

This is me btw.

Season 2015 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese Super League

Table

FA Cup

What a great first SL season; I'm still giggling like a girl. :D It all started pretty bad with 9 points from the first 9 games, and when Beijing beat us 2-5 I had had enough. Decided to play a more cynical game with hard tackling, high closing down, targeting specific players, and a lot of underhanded media statements, and boy did it work -- perhaps best illustrated by the past positions graph. Most of the opposition managers hate me now, but I can't bring myself to care right this moment. :D

Squad

Transfers

Decent enough, but very vulnerable to defensive injuries. I just have no good CD to field next to Acevedo, so when he's out we're always in trouble. Zhang Qing basically continued his great form from last season as if stepping into a higher division made no difference whatsoever, breaking the club record for goals in a season and snatching the league Golden Boot award. I really wish Navia would reach similar levels -- his attributes certainly seem to suggest that he can -- but I'm still struggling to get him going. Remarkably our own p*** poor youth facilities spawned this exciting fellow of Tajik/Chinese descent in pre-season, and he's been performing quite well, even scoring from time to time. The other Super League sides are making (downright disrespectful) offers, so I think my assistant might just be right about his potential. :thup:

Finances

The usual league bonus problem here despite ~3M RMB in prize money. Our attendance numbers are growing though, so I'm hopeful this will go away in due time. Then again, we have some ways to go before matching the other Super League sides.

Aim for next season: I'm... not sure? We seem pretty strong, but I don't know how much of that was down to taking the other teams by surprise this year. Another top 4 finish while strengthening the squad a bit would be nice.

Season   League                  Finish   FA Cup     Achievements
2011     Second Division South   1st      -          Playoff finalists, Promotion via league expansion
2012     First Division          6th      1st Rnd    -
2013     First Division          4th      1st Rnd    -
2014     First Division          1st      1st Rnd    -
2015     Super League            4th      1st Rnd    -

Therefore started once more to be honest. The first time around i did some mistakes so tried it again and once against Tianjin Locomotive finished dead last. So once again I took over.

lTransfers were close to non existent given the horrible club finances. However we did no do too bad in the

league. As once can notice we started off well and closed off pretty well and ultimately we reached the playoffs altough most of the teams do. In the playoffs we made it through against the Champions of the Southern section winning a close encounter 2-1. But ultimately lost in the next round against the giants that Songjiang proved to be all season long.

Finances are still down the drains but hopefully with the new reduced wages and a couple of targeted signings i already did along with an amazing prospect(in terms of my club) who came around losses will be reduced. Also the board are injecting money from time to time (not lending apparently) therefore they will help things move along apparently.

EDIT: Two football schools are now present in the league and therefore we should have no problem making the first 4 in the league and the more wins we manage the higher reputation and attendances should rise. off to the next season could probably update tomorrow being sick and all.

Also well done Scab pretty easy transition to the Super league seemingly hopefully you'll manage even better next season

And a simple question. i had read somewhere around the forums that physical stats in lower leagues are extremely important and a players with good physical attributes and low technical attributes could prove to be better than one the other way round...just what you think through your own experience?

Nice season Scab. Are you in the ACL?

And you too kcar, I hope you're finding China fun to manage in. :)

And IMO, in the lower leagues, Physical attributes -> Technical attributes -> Mental attributes, although if you get a player with very good mental attributes, it would be very helpful in the lower leagues.

Hmm, no, I'm not, although the league rules say "Top four teams qualify for Asian Champions League Group Stage". The three teams that finished above me are in it though, so maybe we got that 4th spot just this season.

kcar, generally I agree with the physical attribute thing, but it depends. If I can get an aging star with weak physicals then I will, then play him in a more static, playmaking role to make use of his mental and technical strengths, like a forward that drops off or a deep-lying playmaker.

A handful of transfers in hope they are able of giving the higher quality needed as well as the consistency. Su Shun left and was pleased to leave me, he was a China U19s starter thus the high transfer fee although only 5k were upfront and the rest over 12 months.

In the league we started off well like last year but in the second round we lost it all apparently even losing to one of the football schools. but we eventually picked things up and went on to record a six match winning run which saw us win the northern section. from there we kept our amazing form and won the play offs taking us to the National first Division.

Still struggling a lot financially and seeing how scab is doing can't really hope we will be out of it any time soon.

Anyway we are off to the first division where hopefully my ability to scout Brazil can make the difference. Although looking at the clubs the jump in quality is not very obvious and although they seem better than the Second division it is not by much. at least some of them.

2012     Second Division North     4th       -          
2013     Second Division North     1st       -       Promotion won through playoffs

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia; - Season 4.

Indonesian Super League!

We were second favorites for every game at the start of our first season in the Super League but we still (somehow) managed to go the first 29 games of the 34 game season unbeaten. This surprisingly excellent form was enough for us to win the League the first year after promotion.

Squad Stats.

Top players;

Ardiyanto - Top Scorer.

Araya - Most Assists.

Hadi - Most Man of Match Awards.

Season     Division       Position    Indonesian Cup   Continental      Achievements
2011/12  First Division  1st Group D      4th Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2012/13   Premier Div.   4th Phase 1.     1st Rd,         N/A            ----------
2013/14   Premier Div.   4th Overall.     2nd Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2014/15   Super League   Champions!!      3rd rd,         N/A            Champions!!

New season, we're top and 5 points clear after 10 games .. I'm being linked with every job going Club and International ... This is a first ever! I'm liking my stay in Indonesia even i'm looking good! :D

Just won my 4th Manager of Month award (In Super League) i'll put that on my mantlepiece beside last years manager of the year award!

Season 2016 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese Super League

Table

FA Cup

All Star Game

Club World Ch'ship

How about that! Three new players in to shore up the problem positions and things were looking really solid. The media predicted us 14th, so I could continue last year's game of playing the underdog and shifting pressure to the opposition with barrages of media speculation (although those journalists are a bit strange sometimes...). Also did well in the cup for a change, really well in fact going by the score lines and winning the final! The real test was the CWC though, and I must say I'm particularly proud of the Al-Ahli fixture. They're miles above us in ability — heck, that Pedro fellow is the fake name of a certain ex-Valencia star striker still just 31 — but we put up a really good fight, eventually losing out to a penalty in the 118th minute. We'd eventually lose in the 5th place playoff as well, that time from a penalty shootout, but I'm still really pleased with the showings.

Squad

Transfers

Navia finally got going and Yongzhi had an unusually productive season as well, as if to compensate for Qing's dip in form. Three oh-so-important signings in Ying, Junjie, and Zhen, getting us our first non-terrible keeper, someone good to field next to Acevedo, and a good backup when any of them had to sit a game out. Still quite mediocre by Super League standards, but we manage. Unfortunately I sort of need to start rebuilding the team. It's a seriously aging squad and I feel like I'm squeezing the most out of these guys using every tool and dirty trick in the book. And they're declining. The transfer market is tough for a team with our finances, so we'll see how things pan out. Hopefully the other teams will let some players go who'll sign for us on a reasonable wage.

Finances

I'm frankly getting a bit disillusioned with this aspect Kangtian. The average attendance number decreased compared to last year, and some of the stars in other teams make more money than my entire wage budget! Reading stuff like this is plain depressing when we draw a paltry 2000-2500. :( This season's treble better attract more people to come watch us, or this team is in trouble... At least the CWC money made sure we ended the season in black for a change; crashing out of that ironically made us more money than the domestic competitions combined.

Aim for next season: Start rebuilding the team, remain competitive in the league.

2011     Second Division South   1st      -          Playoff finalists, Promotion via league expansion
2012     First Division          6th      1st Rnd    -
2013     First Division          4th      1st Rnd    -
2014     First Division          1st      1st Rnd    -
2015     Super League            4th      1st Rnd    -
2016     Super League            1st      Winners    Super League, FA Cup, All Star Game winners

Nice going Scab strange about your attendances decreasing .. Health and safety have just shut one of our stands, now thats a new one!!

Looks like you're overachieving by a large margin. :thup::)
And great work brettney. Good luck in the ACL and hope you can win the league title again. :)

Yeah not sure why the sudden succes its either my Tactic or the tons of youngsters with potential i signed at the start that are now seemingly coming good.

Good luck Pl-fikander is it still no forereigners in Malaysia?? Aint managed there in a while ..

League reset date for Malaysia this year is December 14th.

I can confirm this. Just started a new game in Malaysia as I thought nobody else had done it yet - didn't see you here yet. Looks like it could be very interesting, looking forward to it!

Anyhow, of the two teams promoted I had to resist the temptation to take over Titiwangsa FC which left me as the new manager of MK Land, or Selangor MK Land in full.

They have a very impressive stadium with a capacity of 20,000 (with 10,000 seats) alongside adequate corporate facilities and basic training and youth facilities. Hoping the stadium won't cost too much to maintain, it's going to be an interesting road, that's for sure. My first experience managing in Asia ever as well - normally I stick to England or Northern Ireland or elsewhere around Europe but with FM11 I am deciding to mix it up by taking on Rancer's fine challenge of Asia. :)

Seems we've broken some sort of reputation threshold on the very-small-to-very-big club scale; now getting 2.75M RMB for the exact same away friendlies that used to net us just 300K. The board has also doubled my wage budget, so maybe things aren't so bad after all.

Decided I'd settle without completing the international part of the challenge. Good luck to everyone else still playing. :thup:

Good luck yourself with whatever you're moving on to :thup:

I can confirm this. Just started a new game in Malaysia as I thought nobody else had done it yet - didn't see you here yet. Looks like it could be very interesting, looking forward to it!

I'm finding it very hard atm, losing every game by 3-4 goals. Hope you'll have more luck! :-)

Archived