Creating a tactic ..

i got my fm11 on the 4th and i didnt really play the demo like i usually do , so when i came straight into the game i made a tactic took me a little while i thought it all sounds good . now im not a noob on fm i just cant make tactics. went into my frist game and i dominate possesion and got raped 3-0 . thats the story of me making tactics , iwould download plug and play tactics when there up but i'd rather create my own and i have read stuff on making them like closing down is very important but i cant never seem to get this right or get my team to play how i want them to which is really frustrating , sometimes i wonder if its to hard to make a tactic or am i just really stupid ? dont answer that lol

any tips on tactic making in general though is appreciated !

Look, I'm no expert, but here's some things I think about:

First, make your tactics fit your team, not the other way around. If you really like a certain tactic (you want to play wide, you want to play very offensive) then make sure you have players to accomodate that and sign them if you don't. If you can't sign them, then use a different tactical approach until you do have the players you require.

Second, I don't know who you're playing as, but I generally play with Partizan Belgrade (so not a team packed with superstars) and my rule is keep it simple. If your players aren't messi, ronaldo and such, try not to give them too much creative freedom and try to keep your tactical approach relatively straight forward.

Finally, remember that a team needs to gel, whether to new players or a new tactic, so don't give up on a tactic just because you lose the first one or two games. If you dominate possesion, you're doing something right.

I know that was very brief and general but I hope it helps :)

Archived