Fabulous Effort SI - Buggy as all Hell - But Its Getting there - Old Timer's Thoughts

Haven't been round these parts for a good long while.

Moved country from Ye Ol UK to OZ three years ago, met my wife and had a daughter.

But as any FM fan will know you can't keep away from the "Continue" button and the dreaded "One More Match" sydnrome for long. Just lucky we have the great ME these days so my daughter has some movement to keep her brain ticking over rather than the old text based system!!

Have to admit to being underwhelmed in recent times and not being able to "Drag" myself to play the more recent games although there was an improvement last year.

The introduction of a new (albeit only the foundations of) media module, despite the fact that i had been calling for it for years, just gave the game a whole sense of "Can't be bothered" which i can finally say is getting near to being turned around.

It must be so hard to try and work this due to the repetitive nature of it all but i am confident you guys @ SI will end up with a magnificent media side to the game within the next five years to add to the fantastic work in other areas. (How you manage so many thousands and thousand of databases without more bugs is evidence of the true nature of your dedication SI which is fantastic.)

This version is buggy as anything though. Subs not always available after players get sent off, having to go on goliday to get past a screen which would not allow me to register my players for euro football despite having to in order to proceed, the training module still not making any sense, lacking depth etc (I know this is not a bug), and the fact that I am pretty sure that despite the absolute greats (Rooney, Ronaldo, etc) the ME seems to have to create mistakes made by players more often than not for something to work/Or NOT work for a tactic. How many times do i concede in the 90+ minute to end up drawing despite having run the game and had 25 shots to their one?? Smash and Grab every other game?? Time wasting or not?? Weird. How many times do i end up in extra time or a penalty competition with teams in much lower leagues in the league cup. (I know it happens but not for the same club every year, two or three times)

But apart from those minute flaws, the bugs which i know will be fixed with patches, and the continued improvement of the media, although it will be static within a few months even in its current state, an overhaul of training in the future and despite the fact that i will be 35, i see me waiting in five years with baited breath for the new installment and laughing at the games lack of innovation and technology in 2010 , despite the fact that upon release it still held its mantle as best football management game, and still the downright most addictive game on the market.

GREAT JOB SI, Keep it up.

Archived