mAAckAttAck 4-4-2 Version 2011

Working well for me to, I do however get the occasional thumping away from home though. I can win 6 games on the trot and then a tricky away game I get hammered 4-0. I'll give the more solid version a try for away.

I'm Cambridge United in Div 2. Switched to this tactic after mine proved rubbish after promotion.

Well this tactic has worked well for me. Promtion for BSP to Div 2, the season after Div 2 to Div 1. Not sure why it hasn't been that popular really. Yes I've lost a few games throughout the season but generally it's been superb. Maybe it's just a great lower league tactic?

I downloaded this tactic last night after struggling with conceding goals with my Hull team averaging 2 goals a game over first 10 games and struggling to win away,

I have played 2 games using the second download, i won at Portsmouth 4 - 0 and have also beaten Forest 4-0 at home.

Seem like a great tactic to me but i must admit i feel like i have cheated!!

I've used this tactic for the first half of my Korean N-League (lower league) save and its been pretty decent. However, the goals that I'm getting are not from my strikers. My support striker is marginal...he has 5 goals in 15 games. My poachers are both horrible, less than 3 each. The majority of my goals are coming from my wingers and one of my CB who is a good header for corner kicks.

Is there a way to get more out of my poachers? I would think they should really be me goalscorers.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a couple weeks, I'm back having tested most tactics around here, and I've got to say this one - with some needed modifications - turns out to be the best by far: solid defense, good attack, consistent results, very good for not so strong teams too (won the treble with Sampdoria... not bad uh?).

As I said, however, it does need some modifications:

1 - set pieces offensive: especially for corner kicks, you should aim to the far post, place your best header (a CB usually) to stand on far post, and distribute the other players around in the area to drag the defenders away. 15-20 goals per season guaranteed.

2- set pieces defensive: need more consistency, as this tactic originally had almost no wall.

3 - wingers and fullbacks redone: as cerud stated, as it is in vanilla this tactic scores mostly from the wingers themselves, while the strikers really struggle. By setting the wide players to stay wide, cross often from the byline (wingers) or deep (fullbacks) towards the far post will let the strikers score a lot more often, while still retaining a good defense.

As I said, after doing these modifications, and some more fine tuning here and there, I won everything with a good mid table team, having the best attack and best defense in the league, and usually drawing or losing the odd match only when I make my youngsters play to let the first team rest.

Honestly, a 4-4-2 might look outdated, yet here this is still much more effective than all those flamboyant barca tactics out there.

Archived