continental competition editor useless?

dinamo_zagreb

I tried to make one quick OFC Champions League, just for try, and I got message like there is "Qualification system uses competition xyz but does not contain any rules of it".

What does this mean? I have to make every Oceanian league playable to be able to make CL? Also, how to make them playable in one save? I would have to merge number of edited files, but merging one with other makes first useless?

Has someone solution? Thanks.

Okay guys.

To those that having the error Qualification system uses competition xyz but does not contain any rules of it. It is quite easy to amend.

On the option on the left you have Nations and Teams.

On the Nations you choose the nations that will participate on the competition in question. For example if I want competition disputed by Portugal, England and Spain (lets called as an example this competition: Latin Cup) you choose those nations.

Now the trick part. On the Teams you have bunch of options, the Type you will define how the teams of those nation get qualify.

-The Nation top division teams you will choose if you want 1 team or two or three and so on from ONE nation (example following the example above: if you choose 3 on the number, then the total of teams participating on that competition is 9 teams (three teams from one nation, got it?)

-The FA cup winners is the number of nations you define on the Nations. So in the Latin Cup example if check this it is three teams (one for each nation, since there can be only one FA Cup winner).

-Specific team is straight forward. You choose a team that will always participate forever.

-Last Winner is where you will define if you want the champion of this competition to participate on the competition. (Example as the above: Imagine that Real Madrid won the Latin Cup, what this option does is that Real Madrid will participate on the competition next season even if they weren't qualified (the top 3 in Spain).

Now the First and Last nation not sure how it works, but I decide to leave them in blank.

The Qualified Competition is where I was leaded in error and it is where your doing also wrong. You will not define the division of the nations (because that is already define on the nations and the Type option (Nation Top Divisions option)), that will participate. Here you need to choose the competition your trying to create. (on the example is the Latin Cup). Because you are defining to what competition the teams of nations will participate. So the choice is always the competition your creating.

The total (read note)is the total of teams entering the game.

Note: The number of teams entering the competition that you define on the name of your competition needs to match the total of teams on the Teams (example if I choose for the Latin Cup to play 9 teams (3 of each three nation i choose) + the Last Winner of Latin Cup then it will be 9 teams + 1 team (winner of Latin Cup) = total 10 teams. So you need to state number of teams entering the competition as 10. Got it?

I hope that clarifies you how continental rules work.

Now the First and Last nation not sure how it works, but I decide to leave them in blank.

When you enter the nations on the nation tab they are all numbered. In your example it would be:

1. Portugal

2. England

3. Spain

What you can do is specify the number from each country. If you put 4 as your number and set first nation as 1 and last nation as 2, you will get 4 teams from Portugal and 4 teams from England. You set the number as 2 and first nation as 3 and last nation as 3, you get 2 teams from Spain. At least that is how I read it, I haven't started my competition with these setting yet.

I'm getting an error that I feel i shouldn't be getting considering the baseness of the structure I'm trying to implement. Number of teams in Stage Name in competition should be divisible by two. As I only have 8 teams entering a knock out comp, I figure it should be a straight 8 -> 4 -> 2. But apparently its not.

I'm getting an error that I feel i shouldn't be getting considering the baseness of the structure I'm trying to implement. Number of teams in Stage Name in competition should be divisible by two. As I only have 8 teams entering a knock out comp, I figure it should be a straight 8 -> 4 -> 2. But apparently its not.

I haven't got the editor open at the minute, but isn't that number of games rather than number of teams? So it would be 4 -> 2 -> 1?

Ok, now the only thing I'm not sure how to get is how to differentiate between the teams you want to qualify.

So for example, how do I ensure that it's the winner of the top domestic league that qualifies?

Using your instructions I've managed to create a World Championships where 1 team from 164 different countries qualifies for this tournament. I'd like it to be the league winner, but it seems to be a bit random, with Man Utd going in for England, Fiorentina going in for Italy etc.

Oh see what the problem is. I will try to figure out how to choose the winners of each league.

Okay, i've confirm on my competition and it seems that if the leagues are selected he will choose the winners leagues, if they are not it will be random.

However I'm having issue with Protugal because the game is picking braga for the competition and it should be Benfica. Try to figure why this is happening.

The Qualified Competition is where I was leaded in error and it is where your doing also wrong. You will not define the division of the nations (because that is already define on the nations and the Type option (Nation Top Divisions option)), that will participate. Here you need to choose the competition your trying to create. (on the example is the Latin Cup). Because you are defining to what competition the teams of nations will participate. So the choice is always the competition your creating.

The total (read note)is the total of teams entering the game.

i dont understand this bit?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I have been trying to solve one issue and seems I was able to correct it thanks to Dave Fairbairn help.

For those who have the issue of the game picking random teams instead of the actual winner in season one, you have to go to the competition your creating (not the rules, but in the actual database, where you pick the name of the competition and so on) you have Registered Teams. Here you will put the team you want to be qualified. Just check out Champions league and Uefa league how it is step up and do the same.

Hope that helps.

Archived