DK 4-4-2 Wingers...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracked it, I think:

10158315.jpg

Changed Target Man supply to mixed, switched the MCR to 'Deep Lying Playmaker - Support', and altered the backline (chose my fullback with the best stamina and attacking stats to remain as 'Wingback - Auto'. I changed the other more defensive fullback to 'Fullback -Auto'. Centre backs as 'Ball-Playing Defender - Stopper' and 'Central Defender - Cover').

Hope that makes sense.

Cracked it, I think:

10158315.jpg

Changed Target Man supply to mixed, switched the MCR to 'Deep Lying Playmaker - Support', and altered the backline (chose my fullback with the best stamina and attacking stats to remain as 'Wingback - Auto'. I changed the other more defensive fullback to 'Fullback -Auto'. Centre backs as 'Ball-Playing Defender - Stopper' and 'Central Defender - Cover').

Hope that makes sense.

Well that's certainly a supreme set of results! I'll make those changes and tackle it with Forest again. See how the "Mighty" Reds do with this :-)

No worries Kenty, it was a pleasure :) thanks for your original tactic! Hope it works for others.

I found that the Match Preparation was important. What I basically do, is between say... June 1st - July 31st (in England) I have the workload on Low and set to Team Blend (so all the new players over the summer can gel). Then, as I hit August I move it up one notch and change it to Attacking Movement. I then vary it depending on the opposition i.e. Wolves at home, AM. Chelsea away, DP. Stoke away, DSP etc etc until all the blue bars are full. Then I notch the workload back down to Very Low to maximise scheduled training while keeping the blue bars full.

If there's a period where I haven't got a game for a week or more, i'll select Team Blend and move the workload to Average for a few days. Then return it back again about three days before my next game.

Had much experience with it yourself, Kenty?

Haven't played with it to much, i do the team blend pre-season and then i generally set it to attacking movement and leave it there! I have set it according to opposition and i think it does help, when playing in the lower leagues particularly, i just basically keep forgetting to do it! I get so involved in all the media etc in the game lol!

One thing i have been playing with though is set pieces, so far i've only managed to get it so i get around 12-15 goals a season from corners, more than other teams in the league but i feel there has to be a way to get more from set plays.

Here is a version of the "V3" including Sheva's tweaks and with my corner set up included, the DCL is the one you want as your big header, he'll be getting on the end of some corners! Of course you can change it around to the other defender if needed, just swap the corner roles over. This version is set with the RB as the attacking full back, as i just signed Srna on my 2 player go with my housemate and wanted his crossing going into the box.

http://www.filefront.com/17515414/4-2-4 DK V3 (Distribute R) (Man Utd, May 2012).tac

Just so you can see the kind of results i've had, with Man Utd (Back to a big team i know) i've won it all in season two, Charity Shield, Premiership, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League.

utdseasonoverview.png

By kenty7 at 2010-11-14

You can see though, still not perfect, perhaps with Sheva's suggested pre-match options i could have saved some of these games, e.g. Burnley beating me 1-0 at Turf Moor, not good at all, but not enough to stop the overall results. In that game i had 15 shots but only hit the target twice without any CCC's, which is very rare.

I'm with Sheva on that one, let the Assistant Manager take care of it. That's what i've done on all the games i've played it with, so all my screenshots are with the Assistant running that side of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a brief update, i'm still using this tactic with my Chippenham side. Last season I finished 4th in the Premier league and i'm currently going strong in the Europa league. Considering my squad is weak compared to most Premiership sides the tactic has been a huge success.

I've now posted a new version of the same tactic, following Shevchenko's suggestions. There's in a link in the OP and below.

All credit for the tweaks goes to Sheva!

http://www.filefront.com/17514390/4-2-4 DK V3.tac

I'll give this a go, maybe switch it with the original every so often to keep opponents on their toes.

http://www.filefront.com/17618194/4-4-2 Wingers 7. Shevchenko (Liverpool, Sep 2018).tac

The Playmaker is the MCR, so creativity, passing and stamina needed.

Target Man is STRC, with a mixed supply (my striker isn't that big and strong - if you've got Dzeko or Zigic, might be best setting it to their head). STLC needs pace, pace, pace.

Keeper distributes to right-back, who is set as a wing-back so good crossing and stamina are important here.

Hope it works for you guys, feel free to give me feedback :)

Wow i'm chuffed with this, looks like you've got it nailed with this tactic now Sheva! That much success over that length of time i'm surprised the AI hasn't cracked it! 6 UCL titles in a row is some acheivement.

Wow i'm chuffed with this, looks like you've got it nailed with this tactic now Sheva! That much success over that length of time i'm surprised the AI hasn't cracked it! 6 UCL titles in a row is some acheivement.

The AI doesn't crack tactics.

Archived