Not the normal "my pictures won't work" thread

gredawarha

Afternoon all.

I have been playing FM for about 15 years in all it's previous incarnations. IN the last few editions I have been using custom graphics (backgrounds, photos, logos). I have succefully put my graphics into FM11 and all appears to be fine.

However.

Occasionally I will find that a player suddenly has no picture despite it being someone who I have had a picture of for some time (for example Wayne Rooney). When I check the relevent XML file and the folder where the picture should be all is fine. If I reload the game the picture still does not show however if I remove the existing picure and the relevent line from the XML file and then create a new image save it and then write a new line in the XML file the picture appears.

It's not the end of the wolrd but seems to be very odd!

Has anyone come across this?

As of FM11, images cannot be read by the game if they're in a .PNG format. They must be saved as .png.

This can be checked by clicking the picture in question's properties and seeing if the file name is in capitals. You'll then need to save a copy of it as .png, delete the old image and place the new one in its stead because if you just just replace it, the file extension still remains in capital, for some reason

Archived