How do i WIN!?

Birmingham city first season, this game is way too hard... Whatever i do i lose. I've quit game reloaded to try a different tactic each game i still loose... ?

I'm finding it tough with the Blues mate & I've experimented with many different tactics based on a 4-4-2 formation. I'm finding the best tactic (based on the current squad + Benitez & a few squad players) is to set out very defensive & rigid.

If I try & attack, even at home against a team I'm expected to beat, I'll concede early then struggle to break the opposition down. At least setting out defensive I can access the opening 20 minutes without conceded (usually) then look to work a goal or two

Thanks for the reply, really is a challenge as blues.

One game i can beat man city then go 3-0 down to wolves its stupid.

At least you beat Man City :) I went there set up defensive & got no where, I think I pretty much invited trouble. Held them for an hour then they got a quick 2. They went more defensive so I went for it & still got no where. Lost 2-0, they had 23 shots (13 long) & we had 3

I suck :D

I've had great success just playing with 3 tactics... setting them up in match preperation and then game to game just changing the mentality of my play depending on how the match is going or who I'm playing and when if it is raining change to short passing. These are all the default tactics with no changes other than I've just stated.. I've got leeds promoted second season, since being in the premiership came 6th then 6th and I am currently battling for first place. Honestly.. with good team talks try just a basic 4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond it has worked wonders for me.

At the end of the day you have to look at your team and ask if it's strong enough. If so are you keeping them happy? Are you're tactics correct for your team and for the game you're playing (no point in playing open attacking football against Arsenal as they'll rip you to shreds). Have you bought a lot of new players in, if so how are they gelling.

You have to try and get the balance right for all these things but at the end of the day sometimes you are just unlucky and the main thing is to try and get your players up for games even on the back of a few losses. If a players constantly playing badly put a hungrier player on instead or adjust his role and duties and see if he plays any better in the next game

Archived