[FM11] Can't get enough of that wonderful Clough!

Paggioram

Ok after all the fun I had last year with as great a manager as Clough not yet but maybe I have decided to do it all again with FM11 and this time I am taking the name of Clough to more countries than just England, Italy and Spain.

So here we go I am starting with version 11.1.1 and there has been no alterations to the database except for real comp names and starting experiece is Sunday League Footballer.

Countries loaded are:

England,

Scotland,

Spain,

Russia,

Austrailia,

USA,

Argentina,

South Africa.

Objective is to win as much as I can and attempt to become the greatest manager in the world or fail in even more countries (talking to you Spain).

Ok started Unemployed and was unemployed for 2 days before I was offered a job which I accepted so where do I start my journey.....

Season 10/11 - African Warriors - National First Division Inland Stream

Board Expectations:

League - Fight bravely against relegation

Nedbank Cup - Learn from the experience

National First div. cup - Learn from the experience

Media Pred: 9th (only 9 in league)

Transfer Budget - £22,401

Wage Budget - £251 p/w

Wage Total - £250 p/w

Manager Thoughts:

So here we go I am back and again I am looking forward to this. However what a difference from FM10 when I started at Bishop's Stortford however that was a whole different lifetime.

So what to say about this. I really do think this is not going to be easy as it seems like this is their first season at this level as the majority of the squad are all youngsters. However I do think there is some serious talent in this squad and it is going to be fun to watch them develop. What are my targets for season one well that is simple make sure that this team overacheive and finish well above 9th and take everyone by surprise. With the rules being top team promoted, second team in a playoff and bottom club goes down I would be very happy with 7th or above first year and attack next but it would be a joy to finish in the top two.

So I hope you guys follow me and stick with me again as I think this is going to be some ride.

[u][b]Management History[/b][/u]

Season Club League Final Pos Achievements/Notes
10/11 African Warriors NFD Inland 7th -
11/12 African Warriors NFD Inland - Fired Nov'11
11/12 Droylsden Blue Sq. Nth 17th -
12/13 Droylsden Blue Sq. Nth 1st Blue Square BET North champions
13/14 Droylsden Blue Sq. Pre 14th -
14/15 Droylsden Blue Sq. Pre 5th Promoted via Playoffs
15/16 Droylsden League 2 17th
16/17 Droylsden League 2 1st nPower Football League 2 Champions
17/18 Droylsden League 1 4th Qualified for Play offs
18/19 Droylsden Championship 18th
19/20 Bolton Championship 6th Joined Dec 2019, Promoted via Playoffs
20/21 Sunderland Prem 14th Joined Feb 2021

[u][b]Trophy Cabinet[/b][/u]

12/13 Droylsden Blue Square BET North Champions
14/15 Droylsden Blue Square BET Premier Play Off Winners
16/17 Droylsden nPower Football League 2 Champions
17/18 Droylsden nPower Football League 1 Play Off Winners
19/20 Bolton nPower Championship Play Off Winners
21/22 Canada Gold Cup

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Season update

I was not going to comment on my first pre-season however I have never had a pre-season like it. To start with I have decided to go into this season with the squad I have so none in and none out. This might be a silly thing to do that I might regret but lets see what happens shall we.

All my friendlies I was classed as the home side and in every match the opponent was the favourite to win and no one even gave us the chance of winning the match except against my reserves but here are my results.

vs African Warriors Reserves won 5-0

vs Durban City won 6-2

vs Durban United won 2-0

vs Mother City won 7-0

vs PE Blackpool won 6-1

vs Tambo Cosmos lost 0-2 (just could not finish)

vs Rabali Blackpool won 6-1

I understand that you are all saying well it is only pre-season and I agree but this should give me the morale boost to go into the season with a little confidence and a little belief that we have something about us.

The goal of pre-season for me is as follows and the reason I love this goal is the interplay between the squad and the nice football with a weaker squad.

Right then onto the season and I will keep you all upto date as the season progresses.

Season 10/11 - African Warriors - Half Season Review

So I have reached Jan 1st and it is the half season and so far I would say so good for the targets that I want to hit and aim for. So here is how things have gone.

League

We have played 18 games so far and have a record of Played 18 Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 9 Goals for 18 Goals Against 34 Difference -16 Points 19.

Current league position is 6th out of the 9 and am currently 17 points clear of the relegation zone however 29 points adrift of the league leaders so as I can see so far that a promotion run is not really on the cards as there is 14 games left to play.

A team called Dynamos are running away with the league they have Won 16 and Lost 2 scored 49 Against 8.

The press are classing me as overachieving so I am happy but as we are classed as a part-time team but we really need some talented players to help us move to the next level.

Cup

So far we have only played in the National First Division Cup and we were eliminated in the First Round as we drew Dynamos and we lost at Home 2-1 with Metsi scoring for us.

We are still waiting for the draw for the Nedbank cup which takes place in Feb so lets see what happens shall we.

Squad

My star so far is without question Dingaan Metsi who so far has scored 10 and has 3 assists with a average rating of 7.20. I am really proud of this guy and think he is a really big find for this league and lower leagues.

The only other player to stand out for us is Thiyekile Gulwa who has scored me 5 and has 4 assists with 2 man of the matches and a average rating 7.02.

Goal of the season so far

So far my best goal of the season comes from Metsi...

And Finally....

One thing that I have noticed in this league so far is that penalties cannot be scored I have had 5 pens against me and all of them have been missed and I have been awarded 3 pens and only scored 1.

Going around the world Everton are leading the Premier League. Barcelona are already 9 points clear in La Liga with Real Madrid down in 6th.

So there we go. There will be a more indepth update at the end of the season.

Season 10/11 - African Warriors - End of Season Review

League

So the league campaign is over and what a real grind it has been. I have found this league hard with no real money spent and with no real talent except for one or two players who are above the rest. This is still a part time club that we have to live with.

Final League Standings

I also need to offer special congratulations to Jomo Cosmos who have been promoted to the top flight after winning the promotion playoffs.

Cup

As I said before we were eliminated in the First Round of the National First Division Cup after defeat to the Dynamos.

In the Nedbank Cup we managed to pull off a little bit of a shock by getting through to the 2nd Round.

First Round - Won vs Ikapa Sporting - 4-2 after extra time - Goals from Metsi (2), Ramolesa, Sylla

Second Round - Lost vs Bay Utd - 2-5 - Goals from Metsi, J. Sithole

I am quite happy with this little run so at least it gave the fans a little bit of joy but to them this has been a good season.

Squad

The squad is not the best in the world and are still part time and the fact that they have kept up is a real bonus. In January I did make my first Transfers with Percy Motloutsi from United FC for the huge transfer fee of £25. Mzwandile Ntlantsana from United FC on a free and Ivan Mokoena on a free transfer.

My Top Scorer was Dingaan Metsi with 19 with the next closest being Gulwa with 6 goals.

However my top assister was Gulwa with 6 assists and Ramolesa with 5

Star Player - Dingaan Metsi

All I have to say about this guy is that he is a star and I really do not think would look out of place at some other bigger clubs and in other countries one of the best players that I have ever worked with.

Goal of the season -

Around the World

Premierleague - Man Utd won the title with Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea also making the champions league next season. Also Fulham, Liverpool and Wolves have made it to the Europa League and relegation for Bolton, Blackpool and Wigan. Joining the elite in England are Middlesbrough, Bristol City and Q.P.R. Wolves won the FA Cup and Fulham won the League Cup.

SPL - Title win for Glasgow Rangers and the big shock is that Celtic finish third seperated by Dundee Utd.

La Liga - FC Barcelona have sealed the title with Ath. Madrid, Real Madrid and Sevilla making the champions league. Getafe, Villarreal and Real Sociedad making it to the Europa league.

South Africa - Sundowns took the title of the top flight.

European Titles -

Champions League - Milan took the title after a 1-0 win against Man Utd. Pato scored the winner in the 89th Min so left it late and that was timed near perfect.

Europa League - Juventus took this title with a 1-0 against Spartak Moscow. The game finished with ten aside after both teams had a player sent off but a goal from Mohamed Sissoko sealed the win.

Super Cup - At Madrid beat Inter Milan 2-1 to take this.

Manager Thoughts

This has been hard and a real challenge that I have enjoyed but I found it impossible to get this team to compete with the upper teams. I have agreed a new one year deal with the club which I am happy to accept and again it will be a wage of £250 p/w. The fact that we were not looking like being relegated which was a brilliant achievment for us and that is something that has made me happy and the fact that we had a small run in the Nedbank Cup is another plus point. However the big negative is the fact that I cannot find a style of play that these players enjoy. It has also shocked me that the average attendance at African Warriors are 240 while the next lowest team is 2000 which is a little bit of a financial worry for us moving forward. So lets get ready for the new season.

Season 11/12 - African Warriors - National First Division Inland Stream - Start of Season

Board Expectations

League - Fight Bravely against relegation

Nedbank Cup - Learn From Experience

NFD Cup - Learn From Experience

Media Pred: 9th (Out of 9 again)

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £598 p/w

Wage Total - £577 p/w

Manager Rep: Regional

Manager Thoughts:

As a addition to last season we were voted the leagues over achievers and that is something else to be happy about. Now lets talk about this season. After last seasons 7th I would like to improve on that however the biggest issue that I can see is that there is no money to spend and none of my players are worth any money as they are part time so it looks like I am going into this season with the same squad as last season ended and that is a problem. I can't hide the fact that I am worried about this season so I am going to have to watch out and try and find a way to hit the ground running.

I am looking for another good season for Metsi who has just been added to the clubs fav. people. I am positive so here we go once more.

Season 11/12 - African Warriors - Pre-Season

As pre-season has now finished we can take a look at what happened this season compered to last. The one major difference is that I have played less games this pre-season. All three pre-season games were played at home but were against stronger teams.

vs KC Wizards jr won 4-2

Goal Scorers: Gulwa, Aguilar og, Metsi (2)

vs Volga-2 Tver Drew 2-2

Goal Scorers: Metsi (2)

vs Gezane Arsenal won 3-0

Goal Scorers: Maglangu og, Metsi, Sylla

I am happy with this but now the real challenge is on for the new season and I do think we need some luck as no players are joining us.

Season 11/12 - African Warriors - 26th November 2011 - Press Release

After a run of 18 games without a victory and with the team sitting bottom of the League and 11 points adrift of safety African Warriors have released the manager from his contract and will replace him.

Manager Thoughts

I am unhappy with what has gone on but this was a impossible task as there was no money available to the club and everyone in the league improved. What has annoyed me most is that it looked like things were improving and I was getting closer. Anyway time to find a new place to call home.

Season 11/12 - Droylsden - Blue Square BET North - Appointment Feb 2011

Board Expectation

League - Not being judged

FA Cup - Not being judged

FA Carlsberg Trophy - Not being judged

Media Pred: 8th (out of 22) currently 20th

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £5,347 p/w

Wage Total - £3,959 p/w

Reputation - Unproven

Manager Thoughts

So this is a arrival back in England with a struggling Droylsden and I have a contract until the end of the season. My first target is to sort out the slump and turn the team around and attempt to get the team up the league.

There is not much else that I want to say at the moment so here we go and onto a new adventure.

Season 11/12 - Droylsden - One Month in review

As I was not involved in a club in January there was no january update so I have decided to do a review of my first month in charge of Droylsden which is Feb 2012.

Squad

The squad that I took on was not strong enough and also had zero confidence and additionally were on a 13 game without a win streak and sitting in the relegation places adrift. At that early stage I decided that I needed to recruit in Feb and a number of freebies arrived and some serious experience needed. This was required as I need to save this club as I only have a deal till the summer. With some of the freebies available I was very happy with my recritment with the arrival of Arnaud Mendy, Wes Fletcher, Neil Janczyk, Tom Skosgrud, Richard Jackson and Rob Kozluk.

The new player and I hope the return to fitness of some of their established stars like Thomas Boakye should help us drag this team up the league to safety as a minimum but we need a real run.

League

I played four games in Feb with the following results.

vs Worcester (A) - Lost 0-1

vs Harrogate (H) - Won 3-0 - Goal Scorers - Mendy, Kilheeney (2)

vs Boston Utd (A) - Drew 1-1 - Goal Scorer - Fletcher - Kilheeney sent off

vs Gainsbrough (H) - Won 1-0 - Goal Scorer - Isgrove

We have picked up 7 points out of a possible 12 points and have moved out of the relegation zone to 19th. We are four points behind Eastwood in 18th and only two clear of Blyth in 20th so we have to be careful and find a way to keep this decent spell going.

Manager Thoughts

I am still smarting from the failure at African Warriors as even now I think I could have beat the drop but sometimes this is for the best. I am happy to come to Droylsden and I know I need to earn my contract. The last four games I could not be happier. In my own mind if we just win our home games it should see us safe and I would be happy about that and pick up the odd point away would be a bonus. For the first time in my career I was impressed with how we coped against Gainsbrough in the snow....

Yep you read it right SNOW!.

The players I have bought in I could not be happier I mean Rob Kozluk and Richard Jackson have Premier League experience and Rob also has that wonderful tool of a long throw.

So let me continue and try to keep these guys up and hope to still be here next season when we can see what we can do and crack on from there but lets win this battle first. So to you all my friends out there wish me luck and TTFN.

Season 11/12 - Droylsden - End of Season Review

League

Being honest the whole league season has been aweful for the club that should have been challenging towards the top half of the table. As I only joined the club in February I will only do my record since I joined the club.

Played 15 Won 7 Drew 5 Lost 3 For 20 against 12 Difference +8

If I can match that record next season I really think that this would be promotion form.

Blue Square BET North Season 11/12 Final

Cup

I was not manager of the club in either contest but just to make sure that you are aware the following happened.

FA Trophy

vs Ashton Utd (H) - Won - 3-0 - 3rd Qual. Round

vs Stalybridge (H) - Drew - 0-0 - 1st Round

vs Stalybridge (A) - Lost - 0-2 after extra time - 1st Round replay

FA Cup

vs Bradford PA (H) - Won - 1-0 - 2nd Qual. Round

vs Hyde (H) - Lost - 1-2 - 3rd Qual. Round

To be fair if I had been in charge I would not have been intrested in the cups either.

Squad

After improving the squad in Feb I was very happy with the squad that is being assembled here now and in the summer with one or two more players and by getting rid of the less talented players then I do feel a promotion push is on the cards as long as confidence stays high for us.

I also added two more players to the squad with the addition of Cormac Burke who is a talented youngster and Richard Offiong who is a speedy striker.

Star Players

Thomas Boakye and Rob Kozluk

These players are at the different ends of the spectrum with Thomas Boakye who is a talented 18 year old and then there is Rob Kozluk who is 34 years old. Both will be important players next season and that is something that I am looking forward to seeing how they both do. I am also looking forward to seeing how Thomas Boakye develops.

Previous Clubs

African Warriors

The warriors were relegated as I predicted due to the lack of talent and funds available to them. It was a impossible mission. They were relegated with just 9 points. They signed no one and sold their big star asset Dingaan Metsi on a free. I hope they make it back into the leagues sooner rather than later.

Around the world

Premierleague - Man Utd sealed another title this season only Liverpool and Chelsea are joining Man Utd in the Champions League next season. Man City, Arsenal, Stoke and West Ham have qualified for the Europa League next season. Leaving the PremierLeague are Q.P.R, West Brom and Bristol City. Joining the elite of the Premierleague for the next season are Bolton, Hull and Coventry.

Some manger changes in the Premierleague that I found a little odd or just in general saw Mancini fired by Man City and replaced by Mick McCarthy. Harry Redknapp fired by Tottenham and replaced by Steve Bruce and Finally Tony Pulis took the Aston Villa job with Gary Neville taking the Stoke hotseat.

SPL - Celtic took the title this season with Rangers in Second. So normal service is resumed.

La Liga - Barcelona secured the title for another season with Real Madrid finishing a disappointing third with At. Madrid seperating the two spanish giants.

European Titles -

Champions League - Barcelona beat Real Madrid on penalties after a 0-0 draw. It finished 3-1 on penalties. Lassana Diarra was sent off for Real Madrid.

Europa League - Feyenoord beat Liverpool on penalties after the game finished 1-1 with goals from Federico Macheda for Feyenoord and a equaliser for Dirk Kuyt. Feyenoord won 3-1 on penalties with shock misses for Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt from the spot.

UEFA Super Cup - Juventus beat Milan 1-0 with a goal from Davide Lanzafame

Manager Thoughts

What I saw from my 15 games in charge left me with nothing but pride and a feel of positivness for the new season. I have agreed a new deal for one year. I need to get rid of some of the squad and bring in some new talent to help us all push on. I did not see any negatives in the games we played but now it means that we just really have to push on.

Season 12/13 - Droylsden - Blue Square BET North - Start of the Season

Board Expectation

League - Safe Mid-Table Position

FA Cup - 4th Qual. Round

FA Trophy - 1st Round

Media Pred: 11th (out of 22)

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £4,452 p/w

Wage Total - £5,812 p/w

Reputation - Unproven

Manager Thoughts

Even though I really need to get the wage budget down and lower costs I really do think that I can still achieve the targets and maybe even make the playoffs. The squad is really looking good but I need to get rid of some of the rubbish and bring in one or two players of quality.

I understand that the board want us to do well in the cups but for me that is not my focus as I really do want the league this season.

I really want to do well in the league and start well and as a addition I want to get some decent friendlies to bring in some money and also have a couple of friendlies for confidence.

Season 12/13 - Droylsden - Pre-Season

Really happy with my Pre-Season. We looked good going forward but maybe a little dodgy at the back. This does not concern me though because it means I have goal scorers and that means I should be able to outscore other clubs which should help us along the way.

During this pre-season we have offloaded 13 players all for free but that has sorted out the wage bill and that has allowed us to bring in a couple of players to help us on our way. However I have only bought in one player this summer to add to the squad and that is Robert Milsom who has been at Fulham for a long time.

My pre-season friendlies went as follows and all were played at home.

vs Newcastle Reserves - Lost 0-3

vs Crewe Utd - Won 5-2

Goal Scorers - Offiong (4), Fletcher

vs Cheltenham Saras - Won 4-1

Goal Scorers - Fletcher, Isgrove (2), Kilheeney

vs Wimborne - Won 1-0

Goal Scorer - Offiong

So I feel a very positive start so lets get onto my first full season in charge.

Season 12/13 - Droylsden - Half Season Review

So we have reached Jan 1st and so far is by far so good. Very happy with the first half of the campaign.

League

This has so far been a triumph and again has me managing a team who are classed as over achieving. This season is hard as I have had to get rid of some of the big earners and replace them with lesser players but as I said before as long as I could keep hold of my main stars I really felt we could do well. I just did not think it would be as well as we are doing. Droylsden are sitting quite happily in top spot of the league and three points ahead of second place. The record shows:

Played: 22 Won: 15 Draw: 4 Lost: 3 For: 49 Agg: 34 Diff: +15 Pts: 49

Last season the lowest playoff spot got 65 points and the winners got 79 points so I really do think we are in good shape to make at least the playoffs this season.

Special mention goes to Richard Offiong who currently leads the scoring charts with 18 with the second place player on 13 also he leads man of the match record with 5 and highest average rating with 7.56. Also Danny Davenport and Neil Janczyk for leading the Pass Completion records with both on 83%

Cup

Depends on which cup as so far one has been a sucsess and the other one has been a knightmare.

FA Trophy

vs Southport (H) - Lost 0-2 - 3rd Qual Round

FA Cup

vs Ashton Utd (H) - Won 3-0 - 2nd Qual Round

Goal Scorers: Janczyk, Davenport, Kilheeney

vs Rugby (H) - Drew 2-2 - 3rd Qual Round

Goal Scorers: Isgrove, Offiong

vs Rugby (A) - Won 2-0 - 3rd Qual Round Replay

Goal Scorers: Kilheeney (2)

vs Hyde (H) - Won 3-1 - 4th Qual Round

Goal Scorers: Offiong, Kilheeney (2)

vs Harrogate (H) - Draw 2-2 - 1st Round

Goal Scorers: Boakye, Davenport

vs Harrogate (A) - Lost 1-2 -1st Round replay

Goal Scorer: Offiong

I was happy with the FA Cup run as this did exceed what was expected for us and I did really want to test me team away at Rushden in Round 2. However Rushden did hammer Harrogate 3-0 in Round Two.

Squad

OK to be fair there has been extreme squad movement with 16 players leaving the club and 8 players joining the club.

So far the outstanding player for me has been Richard Offiong who has got stats of in all competions Played: 26 Scored: 21 Assists: 9 Ave Rate: 7.56

I have two other players that have also stood out these being...

Sean Burns Played: 24 (1) Scored: 3 Assist: 6 Ave Rating: 7.20 and this has been from the left wing.

Ciaran Kilheeney Played: 23 (4) Scored: 15 Assists: 6 Ave Rating: 7.22 and he has been Offiong's strike partner.

I do think that my squad is good enough to get through and get promoted from Blue Square North however I am slightly worried about if we would be strong enough for the Blue Square premier however I do have a long time till I have to worry about it.

Goals

I do think I have already had my goal of the season so I will save that goal till the end of the season and if it dont make goal of the season I will post it then anyway. Here are two goals of note that did not make it.

1) A Free Kick that the Premier League would be proud of so I call this special for non league

2) Truth is I love a really good team goal and this is one that it is. It is from the same game as the Free Kick and by the very same man.

Manager Thoughts

OK lets be honest there is no way I am going to say I am disappointed. I am proud of my boys and what they have done in the league and in the FA Cup but to be fair I am not going to lose any sleep of being out both cups as it will give my team chance to recoup and get ready for their next game. I am not unhappy with any of my players and I am very content with how we are playing. However now the hard work begins as we have got to get over the line to try and get the team either promoted or make at least the playoffs.

So lets go to war.

Season 12/13 - Droylsden - Landmark Moment

So Saturday 26th January 2013 is going to be my 100 game as a manager. It is away at Bury Town so this is a big day.

Additionally I am still a unproven manager but I am being linked with the managers jobs of two league 2 clubs they are Rushden and Burton Albion.

So back to the hunt.

Season 12/13 - Droylsden - End of Season review

League

As I said at the end of last season I really did think that if I could keep this team together then I could carry on the roll that I was on. Then the first half of the season happened and we were rolling however little did I know the battle that would lie ahead of me in the second half of the season which was a real serious uphill battle but like any good war we fought and battled for every point and have been promoted and crowned champions. Additionally I just want to comment on the fact that to win the title we had to break the record for the most points that a team won with 85 points and the second place team made 82 points.

I do understand that next season is going to be tough but I will enjoy this victory while it lasts.

Blue Square BET North - 2012/2013

Goal that sealed the title -

Cups

I am not going to go into the details of the cup run again as that was all over by the half season update that I posted previously.

Just as a quick overview:

FA Trophy: 3rd Qual. Round

FA Cup: 1st Round

As I said previous very happy with the FA Cup run but not so happy with the FA Trophy however next season is a new season.

Squad

There is no doubt that I got every last drop of effort and skill out of this squad and at times it was like watching a team managed by Rafa Benitez the amount of rotation that I had to do because of fitness. My serious worry with this squad was my discipline and a total of 9 red cards and over 100 yellow cards. Richard Offiong was sent off 3 times last season however with his large number of goals totalling 30 I can live with that but next season I need to keep him on the pitch so this has to be evaluated next season.

I have two players announce at the end of the season that they are retiring and they are Paul Phillips and Richard Jackson.

Player of the season: Richard Offiong even with the red cards he was the star of the show.

Special mention: Sean Burns he was a top player for my assists

Goals

Comedy Goal:

It might not make you laugh but it did make me.

Goal of the season:

This was just such a great strike that I was proud of.

Around the World

Premierleague - Ok Man Utd replaced Sir Alex last season after he retired and replaced him with Carlo Ancelotti and guess what the same result happened. Man Utd have sealed their third title in a row. Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham have all qualified for the Champions League. Aston Villa, Arsenal and Newcastle have all qualified for the Europa League so look forward to seeing how that turns out. Hull, Bolton and Coventry are leaving the top flight to be replaced by Wigan, Bristol City and Burnley. Newcastle won the FA Cup and Man City took home the Carling Cup.

SPL - Rangers took the title with Celtic in second with a massive 11 points gap between the old firm.

La Liga - Another title for Barcelona this time with Real Madrid in second but just like the SPL there is a 11 point gap between them.

It really does seem around the world that no one can stop the rot of titles being won by the same clubs.

Manager Thoughts

Ok first of all I am very proud of my team and what we have accomplished this season and it means next season we will be in the Blue Square BET Premier and only one step away from the leagues. The players did well however the question has to be how many of this squad will be able to survive in the higher league and also how much money will be available to us to spend. However right now I am going to enjoy my first trophy and let my Droylsden players enjoy their sucsess.

Biography

Season 13/14 - Droylsden - Blue Square BET Premier - Start of the Season

Board Expectations

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

Media Pred: 23rd (Out of 24)

Transfer Budget - 0

Wage Budget - £6,067 p/w

Wage Total - £5,539 p/w

Manager Thoughts

So I do feel this is another tough season ahead of us. I already feel with the funds available at the moment that I need to set multiple targets eg, Stay out of relegation zone, Attempt to battle for mid table. I know for a fact that I have to stay up to give me a spring board for the following season. I need to get rid some of the players that I feel will not make the grade in this league and attempt to bring in some players of a little bit of quality. So lets see what happens with the following season and yet again this will be another battle.

My Top scorer was Richard Offiong he scored 27 in 32 in the league and then got 30 in 39 in all contests.

I am just slightly worried that the lads are not strong enough for a title/promotion push this season I just really want to keep my head above water and stay up this year.

Season 13/14 - Droylsden - Pre-Season update

OK on the field the worst Pre-Season I have had to date but I did decide to challenge the players a little but that did not go well. Off the field 10 players have left the club with one of them making the club the first bit of cash through player sales of 4k. What I am happy with is the quality of the players that have arrived on a free transfer these are Joe Coll, Conrad Logan, Daniel Boateng, Michael Symes, David Jones, Peter Hucker, Jon McShane also arriving on loan is Mark Dennis from Rochdale.

Ok back onto the field of play again all of them where at home.

vs Bristol City Reserves - Lost - 0-2

vs Bury - Drew - 1-1 - Goal Scorer: Kilheeney

vs Rushden - Lost - 0-2

vs Eastbourne Boro - Lost - 0-3

vs Blackburn Reserves - Lost - 1-2 - Goal Scorer: Offiong

Like I say not a great Pre-Season but I hope the lads all bond and we can get a better start in the league.

Season 13/14 - Droylsden - Half Season Review

So half way through this difficult season so lets see where we are .....

League

This has been a tough season so far and to be fair I did kind of expect it to be like that. We have had some very big wins so far this season against some of the very strong teams in the league inc. Port Vale (4-2), Mansfield Town (1-0). As it stands we are not in the relegation zone and are sitting just above it in 19th and 4 points clear of the relegation zone and more adrift of 14 points of the relegation zone.

Played: 24 Won: 8 Drew: 3 Lost: 13 For: 32 Agg: 43 Diff: -11 Pts: 27

The highlight players for me in the league stats are Richard Offiong and Conor Hourihane that have pass completions of 81%.

My top scorer so far is Lloyd Isgrove who has scored 7 followed by Michael Symes and Richard Offiong with 6. My top assister has been Lloyd Isgrove alson with 6 followed by Michael Symes with 5.

My star player so far has been Lloyd Isgrove with a average rating of 7.09

Cup

Again a early exit from the FA Cup with a 4th Qual. Round exit.

vs Macclesfield (A) - Lost - 0-2

So far in the FA Trophy we are still in this contest this season and I am really hoping that I can get in a role.

vs Lincoln Utd (A) - Won - 2-0

Goal Scorers - McShane, Isgrove.

In the next round we have drawn away to Radcliffe Boro and this is another team that I do think we can beat and again move on.

Squad

The squad is still battling to the best of its ability but it is crying out for a bit of quality to help us push on and I have a pre contract agreed with a little quality that is joining in January and that is Aaron Davies who has been a bit of a nomad but he should bring us quality in this league and in the cups.

At the moment there is not much else to say as I have been stupid and stated my stars above.

Manager Thoughts

The second half to the season is going to be a real battle and I know this but me and the squad have to keep fighting for every point and to try and pick up wins and draws. I am still confident that we can stay up and push on next season. We do need to find a way to get tighter at the back and that is something I will be looking at. A massive positive is that our discipline has improved so I am proud of that.

So onward to the final battle.

Season 13/14 - Droylsden - Landmark Moment

OK the last landmark for me was my 100th game as a manager but now I have reached 100th game as Droylsden Manager.

This match is against Mansfield Town in the 3rd Round of FA Carlsberg Trophy. So far this season in the league I have beaten Stags home and away but cup matches are something else. I am proud to face Mansfield as they are my local team irl.

Season 13/14 - Droylsden - End of Season review

League

I am happy with this season to be fair for a team that was expected to finish in the relegation zone however to finish in 14th is something that I am quite proud of. We were only 11 points away from the play off spots but even more important than that is that we finished 15 points above the relegation zone so a season ending in mid table obscurity and that will do.

I do have a massive issue that I need to sort next season and that is our away form. We have been quite solid at home and our home form was the 9th best in the league which is good as we won 14 out of 23 at home. Our away form would have placed us 22nd out of 24 teams and that is something that I really have to sort out.

Blue Square BET Premier

Cups

OK FA Cup lets not discuss again as I was knocked out before the new year so over to the FA Carlsberg Trophy.

vs Lincoln Utd (A) - Won - 2-0 - FA Trophy 1st Round

Goal Scorers - McShane, Isgrove

vs Radcliffe Boro (A) - Won - 3-0 - FA Trophy 2nd Round

Goal Scorers - Davies, McShane, Parish og

vs Mansfield Town (H) - Lost - 0-2 - FA Trophy 3rd Round

I was happy with this run but next season I really do want to have a real run in one of the cups to give the club some finance that will help us move on and help us advance because right now I just feel we are not going to get out this league and it would give us no chance once we make League 2.

Squad

Again I cannot speak with much more pride in a squad as I have with the guys I have and what they give me every single week. It is hard however to know how we manage to blend a squad as there is so much squad movement.

I am pleased with Michael Symes who was top scorer for the club and also was a top assister for the club. Additionally a special mention to Mark Dennis who was a stand out loan star from Rochdale.

Player of the season: Lloyd Isgrove

Next season I am going to need them all to stand up and be counted yet again.

Goals of the season

Goal of the season:

Comical Goal:

- Yeah right diving header.

Nearly Goal of the season:

- This was a hell of a free kick.

Around the world

Premierleague - There is a change in the balance of power in England as Manchester City finally take the title away from their Manchester neighbours. However Man Utd finished second on the same amount of points so it came down to goal difference. Joining the boys from Manchester in the Champions League will be Liverpool and Chelsea also take a spot in the contest after winning the champions league. Going through to the Europa League are Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa. Leaving the top flight are Wigan, Burnley and Bristol City. Moving up are West Brom, Q.P.R and Derby (Yes I am happy about that one). Man City took the FA Cup with Man Utd taking the League Cup and Community Shield. Ipswich took the JPT and Cambridge took the FA Trophy.

SPL - Another title for Rangers with Celtic taking second. However now in Scotland Rangers are the only team to make the Champions League.

La Liga - Another Title for Barcelona with Real Madrid finishing behind in second and Ath. Madrid in third. Barcelona took the title still being 13 points clear.

In other contests Chelsea saw off the battle of Man Utd beating them 2-0. In the Europa League Ath. Madrid beat Juventus 2-0 to bring home the title and Real Madrid saw off Arsenal 2-1 in the Super Cup.

Manager Thoughts

I really have felt this season has been a real challenge and with no less than 18 players leaving the club and 21 players arriving all of which were needed to balance the books. I have agreed a new one year deal and I really hope the board are going to share my ambition and not take wage budget off me as I am under what they already wanted. I really want to stay at Droylsden and put them in League 2 but I know for a fact that if they pull any of my finance then I have a serious problem.

However what I hope for is that more fans come to watch us and the fans and players all stay behind us and then lets have a real push for the play offs however lets see what the board have as a surprise for me.

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - Blue Square BET Premier - Start of the season

Board Expectations

League - Mid-Table Finish

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 3rd Round

Media Pred: 16th (24)

Transfer Budget - 0

Wage Budget - £4,059 p/w

Wage Total - £5,233 p/w

Manager Thoughts

Well all I can say is how disappointed and angry am I. My wage budget is slashed by 2k per week so I need to get rid of talent before I can go hunting for any new talent and the board are expecting more from me. I really do love the club to be fair but the owner needs to sell up to someone with ambition because I really do not know how much more of this I can cope with. So then lets go and see where I can make some savings and then start this long hard battle of a season. Maybe I will need to make a decision as to where my future lies because this is a little silly.

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - Pre Season Update

Well thats another pre-season over and done with however this time the atmosphere between me and the board can only be called icy. As we all knew I needed to lower the wage bill so first of all the action in the transfer market.

Well five players have left the club and these five do include Conrad Logan, Sean Burns and Richard Offiong. Two of these three have been important players for us in getting and staying into the Blue Square BET Premier and to these guys I say thank you.

I have managed to sign Darren Blackman on a free and also two players on loan who are Remy Clerima and Jimmy Ball.

Onto the Pre-Season games and all I can say is what a interesting pre season

vs Arsenal Reserves (H) - Drew - 0-0 (Squad inc. Arshavin)

vs Bury (H) - Won - 3-0 - Goal Scorers: Symes, Davies, Cole

vs Wigan (H) - Won - 2-1 - Goal Scorers: Hourihane, Symes

vs Eastleigh (A) - Lost - 0-2

I am very proud of the draw with Arsenal Reserves and also the historic victory against Wigan and that is something that these fans will not forget however look at the Eastleigh result and it was yet again away from home and this really does concern me.

So onto the season and I really hope this will be a good one.

I had the same experience Paggioram. The board slashed my wage budget after my 2nd season in the conference premier just as we were looking like pushing on. Their ambition worried me. Hopefully they will behave differently with you.

Well done on a good season. Having looked at som eof you players it appears they have performed well despite modest attributes. Are there plans afoot to overhaul the squad or is the wage bill scuppering those plans?

The wage budget is stopping me doing anything however during the close season my keeper Joe Coll is now a Ireland u21 international so for a player in the non league to get any real international recognition is something quite special.

I really just want to get through this season with what I have.

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - Half Season review

This has been a shock this season so far with how small a squad that I have so here it is the story of the first half of a season with a team of heroes.

League

To be fair to them with the lowered wage budget and the lack of money to buy any players and first I had to get rid of players (more on player movement later). The players I still had stepped forward and showed that they were in for a battle and until the middle of November when matches were to close together so that players could not recover some of the results were special but for me the league form has been sensational.

The team are sitting proudly in 8th and to be fair to us we have not been below 9th all season and most of the season we have been in the play offs. Lincoln are running away with the league and are 10 points clear of second and they are to good for this league with Leigh Bromby as manager. However in our meetings with Lincoln this season in the league it was away at Lincoln and they destroyed us 3-0 but we also played them in the cup and that is to follow.

Played 26 Won 12 Drew 4 Lost 10 For 41 Agg 40 GD +1 Pts 40

To some they would not be happy with this record but to me with a 23 man squad this is something I am really happy with.

Cup

This has been incredible and what a journey this has led to so far and we are still in both cups going into the new year and that is something that I did not know I was going to say as everyone has seen I have been awful in the cups so far.

Lets start with the FA Carlsberg Trophy

1st Round

vs Histon (H) - Won 2-0

Goal Scorers: Ball, Boakye

In Round 2 we have drawn Away to Southport.

So lets move onto The FA Cup

4th Qual. Round

vs Lincoln (H) - Drew 0-0

4th Qual. Round Replay

vs Lincoln (A) - Drew 1-1 - Won 5-4 on pens

Goal Scorers: Carlton

Pen Scorers: Carlton, Hucker, Davies, Skosgrud and Hingley

1st Round

vs Luton (H) - Won 5-3

Goal Scorers: Symes, McShane (2), Davies, Clerima

2nd Round

vs Southend (H) - Drew 1-1

Goal Scorers: McShane

2nd Round Replay

vs Southend (A) - Won 5-4

Goal Scorers: McShane (2), Clerima, Symes, Davies

And the draw for the 3rd Round will see Championship promotion candidates Leeds United - The club that Brian Clough fell out with. So the plan is to make them feel uneasy visiting the Butchers Arms.

Squad

Each player to a man has been a hero and there is nothing critical that I can aim at amy player. So what I am going to do is show my top three overall in certain catergories.

Goals

Jimmy Ball - 15 goals

Danny Carlton - 12 goals

Jon McShane - 5 goals

Assists

Lloyd Isgrove - 13 Assists

Arron Davies - 9 Assists

Jimmy Ball - 8 Assists

MoM

Remy Clerima - 3

Jimmy Ball - 2

Lloyd Isgrove - 2

Ave Rating

Jon McShane - 7.50

Remy Clerima - 7.15

Lloyd Isgrove - 7.14

Manager Thoughts

I am so-so proud but I can't let this amazing cup run derail the league run. This is why I really want two squads but thats not possible. However the really big bonus is that the club is making a profit month on month. We need to keep on this push and the fact that this is the first time that Droylsden have been in round 3. Having said all that there are two clubs I will never manage due to personal feeling and Leeds is one of them that I really, really, really would love to beat and knock out.

So objectives simple

1) Do not get humiliated by Leeds

2) Attempt to finish in the Play Offs.

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - FA Cup 3rd Round Special

I decided to do a 3rd Round special as it is the first time that Droylsden have been here and it is a big match to be fair against a big team.

Team Sheets

OK Leeds United team was a experienced and professional side that caused a large amount of fear. The Leeds starting eleven featured: Kasper Schmeichel, Anton Ferdinand, Nedum Onuha, Guy Moussi, Jonny Howson, Shane Long and Ross McCormack. Also a bench that featured Luciano Becchio.

Match Stats

Shots: Droylsden: 5 Leeds: 14

On Target: Droylsden: 1 Leeds: 6

Possession: Droylsden: 53% Leeds: 47%

Score

Half Time: 0 - 0

Full Time: 1 - 0 Droylsden

Goal Scorer: Carlton (54)

Attendance: 2505

Manager Thoughts

I have no idea how we won this one. I decided from the start that I was not going to change from my normal stratagy so if we were going to lose it would not be with a wimper. So we started as Standard with the normal 442 formation. The only changes where that the players were going to get stuck in and were going to close them down. This was not my normal way of playing. This has led to 3 yellow cards but that is not something I am worried about. Leeds really did take the game to us and should have beat us but we managed a scrappy goal but with this I really do not care how they go in as long as they go in. On 80 mins I decided to change to a 541 formation and decided to waste time to try and steal one and that is what happened. This win made us 69k which is amazing for us. Also the club made 40k in gate recipts so if I am still here next season I might actually get some money next season.

Goal

4th Round

The Draw has not been kind to the last non league side in the FA Cup with a trip to Craven Cottage and Premier League Fulham. Fulham are currently sitting 13th in the Premier League and managed by Ricardo Gardner. Players of note are Clint Dempsey, Gary Cahill, Moussa Dembele and Gary Hooper.

Can the Blue Square BET Premier side take out the Premier League side or is this one step to far? Has Droylsden's luck finally all gone?

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - Landmark Moment

Droylsden manager Joe Page has reached his 200 game as a manager. The game in question will take place against Southport in the FA Carlsberg Trophy 2nd Round.

So a trip to Haig Avenue will have double meaning and maybe even double reasons to be cheerful with the club hopfully making it to Round 3.

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - 4th Round Special

We it is the time for the tie away at Fulham.....

Team Sheet

Fulham sent out a full strength side featuring John Pantsil, Chris Baird, Clint Dempsey, Behrand Safari and Chris Wood. On the bench they introduced Bobby Zamora, Diomansy Kamara and Gary Hooper.

Match Stats

Shots: Fulham: 27 Droylsden: 3

On Target: Fulham: 5 Droylsden: 0

Possession: Fulham: 58% Droylsden: 42%

Score

Half Time: 1 - 0

Full Time: 3 - 0 to Fulham

Attendance: 14,972

Manager Thoughts

Well the dream is over. This Fulham side were just to strong for us and we did not stand a chance. The big bonus was however that we were live on TV and with gate recipts and TV money we made about 350k which has helped us.

So then lets focus on the league and also the FA Trophy.

It was thanks RedFerret. I just hope that we can find a way to be promoted this season then if that happens we will become a Full Time club and then give us a decent financial footing to attack league 2.

If we dont then I think that the board will expect us to gain promotion next season.

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - Breaking News!

Droylsden has exceeded all expectations and qualified for the Blue Square BET Premier play-offs. They have qualified for the play-offs by a single point and will meet Andy Sinton's AFC Telford in the Play-Off semi final.

The fans of Droylsden will be hoping that a victory in the Play-offs will see Droylsden compete in League 2 next season.

Update to follow.......

Season 14/15 - Droylsden - End of Season review

League

So here we go... I am so-so proud of my team as they finished 5th in the league and secured a play-off spot which then set up a final big promotion push. In the Semi Final we faced AFC Telford

1st Leg

vs AFC Telford (H) - Won 2-0

Goal Scorers: Mendy, Carlton

2nd Leg

vs AFC Telford (A) - Won 3-1

Goal Scorers: McShane, Carlton, Hourihane

Droylsden win 5-1 on agg.

Final - From Wembley - Match Highlights -

vs Burton Albion - Won 2-1

Goal Scorers: Davies, McShane

Sent Off: Carlton (40) and Prutton (67) (Droylsden), Young (79) (Burton)

I still cannot put into words how great we were in the league and to be fair in the cups.

Blue Square BET Premier

League Progress

Cup

Again this was brilliant from us and again I was so proud of what we did in both contests so lets start with the FA Carlsberg Trophy and I will start with Round 2 and the early stages were in first half of the season.

2nd Round

vs Southport (A) - Won 3-2

Goal Scorers: Carlton, Blackman, Hucker

3rd Round

vs Bradford Park Avenue (H) - Drew 2-2

Goal Scorers: Carlton, McFadzean

3rd Round Replay

vs Bradford Park Avenue (A) - Drew 2-2 - Won on Penalties 4-2

Goal Scorers: McShane, Hucker

Penalty Scorers: Carlton, Boateng, Isgrove, Boakye

4th Round

vs Hinckley (A) - Lost 1-3

Goal Scorer: Isgrove

And then the most amazing moments of my career is the FA Cup again the early rounds are above but then there are two of the biggest games in the clubs history.

3rd Round

vs Leeds (H) - Won 1-0

Goal Scorer: Carlton

4th Round

vs Fulham (A) - Lost 0-3

Squad

With what we have done this season and the amount of players that we have had to drop and release from their contracts and the few that we managed to bring in well for me each of them deserve either a knighthood or a move to a bigger club with a bigger pay day. The fans player of the year and our top goalscorer was Danny Carlton but also his striker partner Jon McShane needs a mention.

For a second season our top assister was the brilliant Lloyd Isgrove however I just do want to mention my hero and my player of the season this was a man that stood up and at times dragged the team up a level Arron Davies.

However I have already decided that if I am still at Droylsden the squad I have will get a shot at League 2 but I might add a little quality to the team.

Goal of the season

For me our goal of the season is

Additionally the best team goal of the season -

Around the world

Premierleague - Another title for Manchester City who have defended their crown. Joining Man City in the Champions League next season would be Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool with Everton, Arsenal, Birmingham and Tottenham making it to the Europa League qualification.

However leaving the Premier League are Middlesbrough, Stoke and Q.P.R but joining the top flight party are Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool. Man City pulled off a FA Cup victory and Liverpool winning the League Cup. Notts County won the JPT and AFC Telford won the Trophy oh and Man Utd won the Community Shield.

SPL - Celtic have taken the crown with Rangers finishing second so a change in the balance of power. Hibs won the Scottish Cup and the Co-Op Insurance Cup.

La Liga - So then Pep Guardiola leaves Barcelona to take the management reigns of Spain and suddenly the league goes to a new home with Real Madrid taking the title and Barcelona finishing second and At. Madrid in Third.

Chelsea make it two on the bounce with a second Champions League victory beating Barcelona 1-0

Benfica took the Europa League with a penalty victory over Tottenham. However next seasons Europa League will be played at St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton!

At. Madrid took the European Super Cup with a 3-2 extra Time win over Chelsea.

Manager Thoughts

What can I say and where do I start... There has been so many positives from this season inc. Promotion to League 2, Beating Leeds in the FA Cup and also the club making 960k this season. This has been a season that has been incredible for me as a manager and I really think what we have done here is something that no one even me thought would happen with the fact that so many key players were released. I look to my two experienced players in Arron Davies and my very late recruit in David Prutton. It was tough but we fought on. As at the time of doing this update my contract runs out in a weeks time and as of yet I have not been offered a new deal so it will be intresting to see if I do have another season at Droylsden and try and help them advance in their first professional league campaign.

Season 15/16 - Droylsden - nPower Football League 2

Board Expectations

FA Cup - 1st Round

JPT - Learn from experience

Media Pred: 24th (out of 24)

Transfer Budget - £126,012

Wage Budget - £6,498 p/w

Wage Total - £5,303 p/w

Manager Thoughts

There is a new contract for me in my inbox and I just have to read it and sign it for maybe a year. We are now a professional team and also we have a transfer budget that I hope I could use to bring in that little bit of quality to push on with. Each player will get a chance to fight for a place with the exception of two players who are not going to have their contracts renewed. This is going to be a big task as the media say we will finish bottom and as we all know I like to improve on that and my first target is to keep the team up and push on from there.

Archived