The Messi setting in FM11

I always struggle trying to get an inside forward set up. I am trying to do it with Nani and Man Utd. I play eiher of these two formations, and can never get a lot of goals. I have triedvarious wide play, roles and little tweaks. I jus't can't get it. On my game Messi has 5 in 7 and Ronaldo 6 in 7, from the wings I don't know how the AI does it? ;)

-------GK------------------------------------------GK

DR DC DC DL------------------------------DR DC DC DL-----------------------

-----MC MC--------------------------------------MC MC

AMR AMC AML---------------------------AMR--------AML--------------------------

-------ST-----------------------------------------ST----ST---------------------------

In passt saves in FM10, I managed Barcelona, Real and Argentina. I never managed to really get Messi/Ronaldo scoring from the wings. How would you go about setting up your team to get a lot more chances for the wingers, but not starving chances form the lone striker or the two strikers (depending on formation.)

I would give him max creative freedom, teach him the ppm cut inside and choose look for space? (i'm not sure what this is on english because it isn't my native language) This is because you often se Messi in Barcelona matches varies between cut inside and looks for space in between the sideback and the centreback.

I would also give him a mentality around 11-12 and runs froom deep often to ensure me that he is playing like in real life and run with the ball often, then you will se Messi starts deep and take on defenders time after time after time.

Timmy don't be a dipstick. I'm mostly interested in his TB and LS, but also if he has cut inside, or move into channels, because he does both in rl. Also his passing for barca. In rl it's mostly short, but in game short passing for a player that high up the pitch and with an attacking mentality doesn't really work, especially not the way barca plays in rl... It would help me to understand a couple things.

Archived