Liverpool - The Sleeping Giant Awakens

Justified

SINAMA INJURY FOR REDS

27th October 2004

Liverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle is set to miss the whole of next months next month's Liverpool fixtures.

The newly capped French international faces a month out of action after picking up a knee injury in last nights's training session in Liverpool.

Scans have shown Pongolle is suffering from a ligament problem and the news is a massive blow to Liverpool's manager Daniel Taylor.

"Sinama will be out for a month," said Reds boss Daniel Taylor. "He has a ligament problem and usually it takes at least four weeks to recover. Stevie just came back from the same sort of injury.

"Now we have no third choice striker and would have to field a U18 player in case Cisse and Morientes get injured. "I'd prefer not to talk too much about my options for the Tottenham game now because of the circumstances. I can plan to use players, but I have to make sure they are fit for fight," he told Liverpool's official website.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Come Back Soon Pon-Goal!"

Sinama's injury was very unfortionate when he was doing very well as a sub and playing the odd game here and there. He'd just been capped in the French squad so that shows how good he was getting. Him and Pellegrino were the only injuries I had but Biscan, Welsh, Gerrard and Hyypia were not going to play due to unfitness/tiredness so there was some chopping in the starting eleven in this fixture.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

No Gerrard today, why not?

Well he had to come on at half time at the weekend which I really didn't want him to do but Alonso got a knock so someone had to play. He'll however feature against Bolton at the weekend hopefully.

First Gerrard, now Sinama, spookey injury virus going about?

Haha no not really but it's unfortionate. He was really doing well and looked quite the prospect and I know he'd loved to have featured here today against Tottenham. I wish him all the best in his rehab thou.

3-2 at White Hart Lane, today?

We'll win by about 2 goals I think. The atmosphere is going to be good even thou it's the Carling Cup.

Wednesday 27th October, 19.45. Anfield, Liverpool.

Carling Cup 3rd Round

Liverpool 2 Garcia 50, Carragher pen 61

Tottenham 0

MOM - Garcia

Att: 25809

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Carra, Traore, Riise; Hamann; Partridge, Alonso, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Tottenham (4-4-2); Robinson; Pamarot, King, Bunjevcevic, Ziegler; Varela, Brown, Davis, Reid; Kanoute, Keane

First Half

Min 6 - Hamann clears a ball from the Liverpool penalty box, Partridge heads it to Cisse, he dribbles down the right, all the way to the penalty area, thinks about crossing but there is noone in the box, he shoots! Way over the bar!

Min 17 - Reid comes down the left, one twos with Keane to get to the byline, pulls back for Davis, he shoots! Good save by Kirkland!

Min 18 - Cornor to Tottenham, taken by Varela, headed away by Garcia, Bunjevcevic shoots on the half volley! So close!

Min 30 - Kewell intercepts Pamarot's pass, he dribbles past Pamarot, goes down the left, Pamarot is chasing, he finds Alonso in space infront of the area, he shoots directly! Wide! Great play by Kewell thou, he did well down the left.

Min 44 - Again Kewell intercepts Pamarots pass, this time just outside the box, he sees Robinson outside his goal, he tries to curve it past him! But Robinson is quick to react!

Second Half

Goal! - Guess who? 50 minutes in, Tottenham have a cornor, Alonso intercepts, he finds Garcia at the halfway line, he takes it in his stride, dribbles down the right, then cuts in, gets into the box, shots low past Robinson! 1-0! Great effort from Garcia! Needed no help what so ever!

Goal! 10 minutes after the first! Throw in by Josemi, he aims for Cisse in the box. King heads away! The whistle goes! Rob Styles blows for a penalty. With a smile on my face I agian ask Carra to take it. I know Garcia would probably like to take it but no, I want Carra to double his tally this season. Carra steps up.. strikes it right.. Robinson is too late to react, 2-0!! King Carra strikes again!

Min 63 - Cisse and Partridge off, Foy and Morientes on.

Min 83 - Josemi intercepts a pass, passes forward to Morientes, he lays off to Garcia and andvances forward, Garcia strides forward, gets closed down by Brown, shoots! Just a touch wide!

POST MACTH INTERVIEW

Daniel, was it "another day on the job"?

I guess you could say that. We played our game and we got the result. Not a game for the history books but this is the Carling Cup after all. I'm happy for my players and I'm happy Kirkland played well today, he knew he's chance would come and he took it well.

Luis Garcia again, he's scored 11 now, signing of the year?

It's looking that way. He usually scores against the run of play but he's shown he can score from wide areas, central areas and can also dribble past 1-2 opponents and score like he did today, he is wonderfull.

You guys stay here and take on Bolton at Anfield, another win I assume?

Yes, I know Bolton won against Chelsea but they won't at Anfield, Allardyce can forget that.

Crystal Palace Come To Anfield For Carling Cup 4th Round

Yes, yet another London team travels north for the Carling Cup fourth round fixture. Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea are still in it and Gillingham are the only team who are NOT in the premiership who's still in it.

As for the game against Bolton at home I decided to think ahead. We had Porto in midweek and Man United at the weekend at Old Trafford so I needed to rested some players. Hamann, Alonso, Garcia and Kewell were all rested for this fixture.

Saturday 30th October, 15.00. Anfield, Liverpool.

Premiership

Liverpool 2 Riise pen 37, Welsh 90

Bolton 0

MOM - Riise

Att: 43744

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Traore; Biscan; Partridge, Welsh, Gerrard, Riise; Cisse

Bolton (4-3-2-1); Jaaskelainen; N'Gotty, Jaidi, Julio Cesar, Gardner; Nolan, Okocha, Campo; Shakes, Fadiga; Davies

First Half

Min 8 - Carra wins a header against Davies, heads it down to Partridge, he centres it to Welsh, one time pass through to Cisse, he tries to chip Jaaskelainen! Just wide!!

Min 27 - Throw in to Bolton, taken by Campo, thrown to Okocha, advances centrally with the ball, tries a shot from 35 yards! Just wide of the right post!

Min 29 - Finnan picks up the loose ball, passes back to Biscan, he picks out Riise on the left, Riise dribbles into the area, shots from a very tight angle! Over!!

Goal! - Cornor to us with 36 minutes gone, Patridge crosses, up goes Hyypia! Jaaskelainen pushes him!! Penalty!! I pointed at Riise, he'd been brilliant all day, he deserved it. He steps up.. shots in goalkeeper height to the right! Jaaskelainen missed it and it's 1-0 to 'Pool!! Bad penalty but a bad save made it 1-0!

Min 39 - Finnan finds Traore on the other side of the pitch, Traore passes Biscan, again Biscan finds Riise out left, Riise goes to the byline, crosses to the far post, Partridge gathers up, shoots! Over the bar!

Min 41 - Traore finds Riise out wide, he advances with the ball, looks up. Takes a pop from 30 yards!! Jaaskelainen can only tip it over the bar!

Min 45 - Riise again gets the ball on the left, he again crosses to the far past, it's a bit over hit but Partridge gathers it up, he centres it, Welsh takes it down, puts it on his right, shoots! Straight at Jaaskelainen! Wasted!

Second Half

Half Time Sub: Cisse off for Morientes.

Min 62 - Partridge off for Foy.

Min 64 - Riise throws the ball to Welsh, welsh passes back down the left wing, Riise gives it back, Welsh passes it back to Riise inside the box, Riise cuts it back for Welsh, he shoots! Over the bar!

Min 70 - Riise steals the ball off of N'Gotty, he gets to the byline, crosses near post, Morientes heads it towards goal! Hits the bar!! When is Morientes going to score?!

Min 72 - Hyypia wins a header against Pedersen, passes long to Riise, great ball! Riise centres to Gerrard, Gerrard finds Welsh outside the box, he shoots! Wide!

Min 81 - Riise's got a free kick outside the area, he shoots! Just shaves the bar!!

Min 88 - Carra heads the ball out of his own area, Riise gathers up, he looks up, plays a 50 yard pass into the path of Morientes, wonderful skill! Morientes is one on one with the keeper. he shoots low! Misses!!?!

Min 90 +1 - Cornor to us, Riise takes, Morientes heads it! Over the bar!!

Min 90 +2 - Gerrard crosses into the box, Morientes and Jaaskelainen go up for it! Jaaskelainen gets a hand to it! It goes out to Welsh who hits it on the volley towards goal!! 2-0!! Get in there!!

Full Time

Taylor And Welsh Grab October Awards

Yep, I got Manager of the month award and surprisingly Welsh beat off stiff opposition to win Young Player of the Month award.

On the Monday after the Bolton game we travelled to Porto to take on the reigning champs in a fixture which could mean we finish the group off... IF we we win it that is. The only two players not to travel were Riise and Sinama, Riise had picked up a small knock whihc ruled him out and Sinama is still out with he's knee ligament.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Mr Taylor, If you win tonight then it's all done and dusted, your through, can you do it?

We've played 18 games and we've won all 18. Of course we can win this one but it will be very tight. I hope Porto are'nt as tough in the tackles as they were last time because we have an important game against United on Sunday.

Oh, your already thinking of Sunday?

As a manager you have to think ahead in a busy schedule and that's what we have at the moment and players get tired and the last thing you need is a team of brutes running about and breaking the legs off my players.

If you win the group today, how will the last two fixtures be played?

I'll definatly give the first teamers a rest and play some squad players and some youngsters for experience.

Finally Daniel, scoreline tonight?

I can't call this one but we're going for a win, that's for sure!

Tuesday 2nd November, 19.45. Estadio do Dragao, Porto.

Champions League Group C

Porto 0 (Seitaridis Missed Pen 43)

Liverpool 3 Garcia 40, Cisse 55, 62

MOM - Cisse

Att: 51976

Porto (4-1-2-1-2); Baia; Seitaridis, Costa, Pepe, Leandro; Costinha; Meireles, Maniche; Diego; Pitbull, Fabiano

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Traore; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

First Half

Min 2 - Great chance to score early! Josemi's free kick is won in the air by Cisse, he heads right to Garcia who crosses into the box, Gerrard wins a header by the penalty spot, heads down to Kewell who is free by the far post, he shoots hard and low!! Save by Baia!

Min 12 - Leandro takes a throw in on the left, throws to Manice, he finds Fabiano with a through ball into the area, Fabiano goes to the byline, crosses into the center, Diego heads the ball! It looks goal bound!! Great save by Dudek!!! Tipped it over the bar in the last second!

Min 26 - A freekick from Porto is headed away by Hamann, gathered up by Costinha, he finds Fabiano out wide on the left, Fabiano advances into the box, shoots from the edge of the area! Comfortable save by Dudek.

Min 33 - Free kick by Seitaridis, headed away by Traore, gathered up by Seitaridis, he looses Traore, finds Costinha outside the box, Hamann is on him in a flash! Costinha shoots! Well wide..

Goal! - He does it again! 40 Minutes into the game and Porto have a freekick in their half, Baia takes, headed by Traore to Kewell, Kewell dwells on the ball at the halfway line, tackled by Seitaridis, Traore gets the loose ball, finds Kewell running down the left, Kewell passes down the left flank to Cisse, Cisse crosses first time, it goes to the far post, Baia goes to claim it, but it curvs away from him! Garcia's on the far post! Hea heads it into the empty net!! 1-0!! Great cross by Cisse!!

Min 42 - Diego finds Pitbull running down the right with a 30 yard pass, Pitbull gets past Traore, into the box, Traore fouls Pitbull! The ref blows a penalty!! Seitaridis puts the ball on the spot.. takes 2 steps back.. shoots! Hits the bar!! Useless penalty!! Alonso clears it.

Min 45 - Seitaridis tris to find Diego centrally, Hamann goes to intercept it, but it deflects off Gerrard and goes to Diego, he runs towards the defence, slides it through to Fabiano, he shoots hard and low! Dudek parries it with his legs!! Pellegrino clears.

Second Half

Min 49 - Gerrard comes off for Biscan.

Min 53 - Kewell off for Foy.

Min 55 - Free kick to be taken by Seitaridis. Strikes towards goal! Comfortable save by Dudek.

Goal! - Straight after Porto's free kick! Dudek found Foy upfield, he layed off to Hamann who went forward with the ball, found Garcia to his right, looks to shoot, does'nt, he passes out to the left side of the box, Cisse strikes on the half volley! Curvs past Baia!! 2-0!!! What a strike by Cisse! That was class!

Goal! - 10 minutes later Cisse scores again! A long throw by Josemi is won in the air by Cisse, heads towards the near post, Baia is noowhere near it! 3-0!! The fans are going wild!!!

Min 63 - The excellent Cisse comes off for Morientes.

Min 71 - Maniche finds Fabiano down the left, he goes down the wing, crosses from the edge of the box, met with a header by Diego! Wide of Dudek's right post. The Porto fans start to leave the stadium like ants fleeing a burning ant-stack.

Min 84 - Throw in to Porto, taken to Fabiano, he checks the box, crosses to the middle, it looks to go to Diego, no, it goes to Pepe, he strikes on the half volley! Ooh so close for Porto. He should of really stuck that into the back of the net.

Min 86 - Free kick outside the box to the left for Traore, he aims for Morientes, Meireles clears, McCarthy goes to get it, Josemit is there before him, passes out wide for Foy, he crosses into the box, Morientes heads it! Wide!

Full Time! We're Through To The Knock Out Stages!!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Congratulations Daniel, how does it feel?

Fantastic, we've advanced to the next round by beating the defending champions and that's such a great feeling. I'm so happy for players, staff and of course fans who travelled here today. Now we can focus to the match on Sunday.

Who do you fancy going through with you?

I honestly think Porto will come second. They're on level points with Paris and they have Paris at home so my vote is with them.

Rosenborg home and Paris away left, no real emphasis on these games?

Emphasis yes but I won't take any first teamers with me, it will be a great opportunity for younger players to shine.

Theatre Of Dreams? Broken Dreams More Like It

I knew after the away game at Porto we'd be on a total high and we feel unstoppable at the moment and there is no way were letting Manchester United stop us. The only absantees for this game were Hyypia and Sinama. Hyypia got a slight injury in training on Friday and will be out for a couple of weeks. Pellegrino obviously will take his spot.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Big big game today, how do you see it going?

This is such a huge game and I can see it going either way. We are definatly the form team going into this battle but form doesn't count when there is rivalry in the air.

Who is the better team?

Us of course but Old Trafford is a hard place to come to but we'll get a result here. I'm happy with a draw but a win would be great and surely will put us in pole position.

Key man for you today?

Well obviously I hope Garcia scores as usual but Gerrard is back and fit and should be the cog in our works.

Dangerman or men in United?

Well we'll have to keep an eye on Rooney. He'll obviously have a license to roam and Hamann will have to mark him out of the game.

Sunday 7th November, 14.00. Old Trafford, Manchester.

Premiership

Man Utd 0

Liverpool 1 Alonso 13

MOM - Dudek

Att: 67824

Man Utd (4-4-1-1);Caroll; Neville, Ferdinand, Heinze, O'Shea; Ronaldo, Scholes, Kleberson, Giggs; Rooney; Nistelrooy

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegrino, Riise; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

First Half

Min 1 - It took 21 seconds for our first chance, Finnan found Cisse upfront, Cisse won a header against Ferdinand, headed it to Garcia who one touches it to Gerrard, he finds Cisse up front, layed off right for Garcia, he shoots! Just over the bar!!

Min 6 - Cornor to Utd, taken by Giggs to the near post, Ferdinand heads it! Saved by Dudek!!

Min 8 - Rooney intercepts a pass at the halfway line and sets Ronaldo on his way down the right, he dribbles down the box, gives it to Rooney, he shoots from the edge of the box! Dudek saves!

Goal!! - Cisse is fouled on the line of the box by Heinze, Alonso steps up to take it. 13 minutes on the clock. He shoots! It curves outside the wall, past Caroll who can't see it coming!! Great free kick by Alonso to score his 5th of the season! The players run out to the fans! Get in there!!

Min 19 - Ronaldo now on the left wing, finds Rooney outside the area, he holds off Gerrard, finds Scholes outside the box on the right, Scholes strikes it first time! Over the bar!

Min 26 - Throw in by Neville, given to Scholes on the right wing, crosses to the far post, headed away by Carra, gathered up outside the area by O'Shea, he shoots from range! Wide!

Min 35 - Alonso wins the ball in United's half, finds Cisse, he runs towards the box, sees Garcia to his right, passes to him, Garcia takes two touches to get space against O'Shea, he shoots from outside the area! Over the bar!

Min 45 +3 - Giggs runs into the area, finds Rooney on the right, he holds up the ball, pokes it to Scholes, strikers first time!! Great save by Dudek!!

Second Half

Min 47 - Ronaldo is now centrally, runs towards the Liverpool defense, passes out wide right to Rooney, he shoots on the half volley! Wide!

Min 53 - O'Shea spots Ronaldo's run down the left, he is quicker then Finnan, crosses along the groud into the box, Nistelrooy's there! Shots along the ground!! Dudek parries it!! What a save! It should of been 1-1..

Min 60 - 3 subs. Kewell, Alonso and Cisse off, Welsh, Partridge and Morientes on.

Min 61 - Ferdinand's got the ball ourside the United box, Gerrard goes to close him down, nicks the ball off him and crosses for Morientes, he dribbles past Flecther, shoots low and hard! Save by Carroll!!

Min 63 - Rooney dribbles down the right flank, cuts it back for Scholes, it bounces off Gerrard, finds itself to Giggs, he tries to bend it from 25 yards! Wide!

Min 73 - Finnan intercepts a throw in from Heinze, passes to Garcia infront of him, he spots Morientes run, great ball! Morientes gives it his all towards goal, bares down on Caroll, shoots hard! Great save by Caroll!!

Min 74 - Quick counter after Morientes chance, United rip Liverpool's defense to shreads with quick passing, it ends up to Rooney on the left, he goes to the byline, cuts in to Fletcher, he shoots low! Save by Dudek! He's been immense today!!

Min 77 - Gerrard collided with o'Shea and had to come off. Unfortionatly I had done all my subs and was now playing with 10 men.

Min 90 + 2 - Throw in by Heinze, throws to Rooney, he crosses first time to the far post, O'shea is there! Cuts back to Brown by the penalty spot! He shoots!! Wide of the post!

Min 90 + 3 - Caroll finds O'Shea in midfield, he passes out left to Ronaldo, Ronaldo sees Rooney free at the far post, crosses, Rooney shots hard!! Way over the bar, probably hit the Sky Sports satillite.

Full Time!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

You may breath now Daniel, what a win that was, do you think it was a fair result?

To be honest United had done enough to win it but they didn't stick away their chances so yes in that way the result is fair. I'm very satisfied with the players performance this afternoon.

You'll be very popular with the fans now, beating the rivals at their home ground.

It's a remarkable achievement yes and will set us on our way to winning the title. We have beaten Chelsea and United now and next will be Arsenal hopefully.

Going back home now and Palace on Wednesday?

Yeah, Palace at home should be less stressfull then this game. Alas it's only the Carling Cup so I don't really mind if we loose the match but we'd want to pick up all silverware this season.

King Carra Beats Own Record

After the two very tough games in Porto and Manchester I obviously had some tired players on my hands and now would be a prefect opportunity to rest a few. Riise, Finnan, Garcia and Alonso all stay out of this fixture and Traore, Josemi, Partridge and Biscan replace them. I felt the team were strong enough to hold off Palace at home. We recently just beat them 3-1 away so I had a feeling we'd beat them at home.

Wednesday 10th November, 19.45. Anfield, Liverpool.

Carling Cup 4th Round

Liverpool 3 Cisse 7, Kewell 24, Carra pen 36

Crystal Palace 0

MOM - Carragher

Att: 25739

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Biscan; Partridge, Hamann, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

Crystal Palace (4-4-2); Kiraly; Boyce, Hudson, Popovic, Barrowdale; Routledge, Rihilahti, Watson, Kolkka; Johnson, Freedman

First Half

Goal! - 7 minutes gone and Josemi gathers up a clearence, he lays it back to Carra, he looks up, sees Cisse's run and boots it, great ball! Cisse takes it down well, bares down on goal, sidesteps Kiraly, passes it into the net, easy peasy! 1-0!!

Min 9 - Josemi throws to Cisse on the halfway line, he throughs it down the right flank for Partridge, he gets on the ball, crosses to the far post, Kiraly comes to claim, misses! Kewell heads the ball! Wide!! Should of been a second goal there.

Min 17 - Traore tackles the ball off Routledge, goes to Gerrard, finds Hamann beside him, Hamann slices the Palace defence open with a perfect ball, Cisse's on it in a flash, bares down on goal, shoots! Kiraly gets his fingers on it! Unlucky for Cisse.

Min 21 - A rare Palace attack, Rihilahti has it on the left, sends it down the wing for Barrowdale, he goes down the wing, cuts back for Freedman, he shoots first time! Well well wide.

Min 24 - Barrowdales cross is headed out by Biscan, the ball goes to Cisse who holds it, he finds Partridge going forward, he passes centrally to Gerrard, he finds Cisse on the right wing, Cisse crosses to the far post where Kewell is all alone, slides it calmly past Kiraly, 2-0!! This is playtime for Liverpool.

Min 31 - Kiraly's clearence is headed by Hamann to Cisse, Cisse is outside the area, decides to shoot! Over the bar!

Min 33 - Cornor by Routledge, taken to the far post, Hudson wins the ball in the air against Pellegrino but it sails wide of the post.

Goal! - A penalty in the 36th minute is awarded to Liverpool. Kewell threw a ball to Hamann who crossed towards Partridge in the center, Kiraly comes to claim, but pushes Partridge! Guess who makes his way to the spot ? Carra takes three steps back.. shoots to the right.. Kiraly dives.. but too late.. 3-0!! Carra has scored his 3rd this season which is more then he's done in 7 years!!

Second Half

Min 52 - Kewell off for Foy.

Min 59 - Partridge and Cisse off for Riise and Morientes.

Min 62 - Kirkland's clearence is headed down to Watson by Hudson, he finds Johnson infront of him, Johson lets it drop, then fires a half volley from 30 yards outside the area, but it curvs away from goal and almost hits the cornor flag.

Min 70 - Josemi wins the ball against Kolkka, finds Morientes with a long ball, he's through on goal, bares down on goal, Kiraly comes, Morientes chips him! It goes just wide! Morientes is still looking for his first goal at Liverpool. Great play by Josemi thou, he's impressed me greatly today.

Min 73 - Cornor on the left to be taken by Riise, taken to the edge of the 6 yard box, headed by Hamann! Sails just wide!

Min 77 - Josemi intercepts yet another pass, passes up to Foy, can't find any players, passes back to Carra, who lays it back to Pellegrino, tries a long ball towards Riise, heads down into the box towards Morientes, he gets there before Popovic, shoots hard and low! Just sneaks past the left post!! So close for "El Moro".

Min 83 - Long ball down the right from Palace, Traore goes to head. Misses it! Lakis continues his run, crosses into the box to the substitute Torgelle, he shoots first time! Great save by Kirky! Biscan gathers up, tackled by Johnson, Kolkka gets the loose ball, shoots! Right into the arms of Kirkland!

Min 86 - Another cornor on the left with Riise, crosses to the other edge of the 6 yard box this time, both Carra and Pellegrino go up! Carra gets his head to it!

Min 88 - Lakis has the ball on the right, dribbles down the flank, finds Torghelle centrally, he gets past Pellegrino, shoots! Save by Kirkland!

Full Time!

Bolton Go To Liverpool For Carling Cup Quater Final

We've been really lucky with the Carling Cup draws. All games at home so far and we've not really gotten any world class teams at Anfield. The biggest game however is Chelsea-Man Utd and should be a real cracker. Southampton, Fulham, Newcastle and the winners of Everton/Charlton are also still in it.

As for the game at home to Villa Hyypia was still missing so Pellegrino kept his place beside Carra.

Saturday 20th November, 15.00. Anfield, Liverpool.

Premiership

Liverpool 5 Hamann 24, Cisse 42, Ridgewell o.g 45, Garcia 65, Morientes 90

Aston Villa 0

MOM - Garcia

Att: 44082

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegrino, Riise; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

Aston Villa (4-4-2); Sorensen; Schmidt, Mellberg, Ridgewell, Samuel; de la Cruz, McCann, Hitzlsperger, Barry; Angel, Moore

First Half

Min 8 - McCann has the ball in the Liverpool half, finds Barry out wide on the left, he crosses into the box, Angel heads it from the penalty spot! Easy catch for Dudek.

Min 20 - Riise has the ball outside our area, finds Kewell down the left, he gets rid of de la Cruz, crosses into the box, goes past Cisse, finds Garcia on the far post thou, he shoots! Right at Sorensen who saves!

Goal! - 24 minutes to break the deadlock. Alonso takes a freekick from 30 yards outside the Villa area, finds Pellegrino in the box, he passes right to Garcia, he checks the box, tees up Hamann at the halfcircle, he shoots! Deflects off Mellberg! Sorensen is diving to the left and the ball goes to the right! 1-0!! First goal of the season for Hamann!

Min 32 - De la Cruz injuries Kewell with a bad tackle, Partridge comes on to replace him.

Goal! - 3 minutes from the end of the first half! Hamann breaks up a long ball from the Villa defence. Liverpool have pegged Villa back into their own area. Gerrard, Partridge and Hamann play the ball amonst each other to keep the Villa players running after it. Gerrard feeds to Riise, he passes down the flank for Partridge, he gets past Schmidt, crosses near post, Cisse is free and heads it! 2-0!! 10th goal this season!

Goal!! - 3 minutes later the ball is in the Villa net yet again. Partridge is on the left flank again, crosses in to Cisse, Samuel wins the header and clears, but only to Gerrard outside the box! He squares it for Alonso to his right! Alonso striker the ball first time! It's looking to go wide of Sorensen's left post, but it's deflected off Ridgewell! And goes to the right of the Villa keeper and 3-0!! Two goals in 4 minutes!

Alonso was off at halftime and replaced by Welsh.

Second Half

Min 47 - The rain was really coming down in this second half, Riise slide tackles the ball off of de la Cruz and sets Partridge on his way, he dribbles down the left, finds Cisse infront of him left of the area, Cisse crosses to the far post, Garcia let's it drop, then fires it in with his right foot! Good save by Sorensen!

Min 50 - Hitzelsperger finds Angel down the left, he looks into the box, finds McCann's run into the box with a lovely poke of the ball, McCann shoots! But was put under pressure by Carra and the shots goes well over!

Min 56 - Cisse off for Morientes.

Min 65 - Dudek's clearence is poor and intercepted by Barry, he finds the newly substituted Agbalonthor infront of the area, he one touches it to Angel who lock and loads, shoots! Just a fraction wide of the post.

Goal!! - A peice of magic from a spaniard! Riise's given the ball off of Dudek, he finds Partridge down the left wing, Morientes makes a run out wide left, Partridge finds him, Morientes squares it to Garcia infront of the area, Garcia aims, bends it! Sorensen sees it too late and the curve is so good that the keeper has no chance!! 4-0!! What a goal!!

Min 87 - Riise takes a throw in to Morientes, he finds Hamann beside him, Hamann tees it up for Welsh, he shoots! Deflected off Mellberg but falls for Garcia! He bends it again into the same cornor! This time Sorensen saves it beautifully!!

Goal!! - 1 minute had gone in extra time when Welsh took a freekick just within the Aston Villa half, met by the head of Morientes! Saved by Sorensen! Gathered up by Morientes, he sidesteps right to create space, curves it past Sorensen! 5-0!!! Morientes scores his first goal for Liverpool!! And what a strike to score his first with! Such an important goal for him!

Min 90 + 3 - Whittingham has a free kick outside our area, about 25 yards, he bends it past the wall.. It's going towards goal! Great save by Dudek!! That was the last thing that happened and Gallagher blew his whistle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justified:

The Move To Liverpool Football Club

It was mid July, and I was tired of unemployment and watching football (referring to the Euro 2004) rather then managing, when he was contacted by Rick Perry, the Chairman of Liverpool Football club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You did an edit further down correcting this to David Moores. But isnt it Rick Parry anyhow icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChrisRud:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justified:

It was mid July, and I was tired of unemployment and watching football (referring to the Euro 2004) rather then managing, when he was contacted by Rick Perry, the Chairman of Liverpool Football club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You did an edit further down correcting this to David Moores. But isnt it Rick Parry anyhow icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, Moores is the Chairman and Parry is in the board IIRC.

Youngsters Defend Fort Anfield

I know I was sacrificing our good home record against Rosenborg but the season is long and I rather have fresher players for the next round. Kelly and Peltier are two U18's who start the game but Lancaster, Hitchin, Smith, Barett, Roberts, Hamill and Noon are all on the bench and there is no first teamer in the team today.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, the team is quite reserve filled today, will this effect the match?

Every player wants to win so we'll see 11 players on the pitch who want to show their worth today. Sure I'm taking a risk but I need to keep my A team fresh.

Anyone we should keep our eye on today?

Peltier is a very promising player. He's just been on loan to MK Dons and did very well. If Hamill comes off the bench I would keep and eye on him too.

Key player today?

I'm hoping Pellegrino, Biscan and Morientes show the way and lead these youngsters to glory tonight.

Wednesday 24th November, 19.45. Anfield, Liverpool.

Champions League Group C

Liverpool 3 Kelly 41, Morientes 63, Noon 84

Rosenborg 2 Johnsen 39, Winsnes 81

MOM - Partridge

Att: 39531

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Peltier, Pellegrino, Traore; Biscan; Foy, Welsh, Kelly, Partridge; Morientes

Rosenborg (4-4-2); Martinsen; Koppinen, Hoftun, Riseth, Amundsen; Strand, Berg, Winsnes, Braaten; Johnsen, Helstad

First Half

Min 10 - Free kick taken by Welsh, played into the box, Morientes and Martinsen go for it, Moro is first! Well over the bar!

Min 12 - Biscan cuts out a Rosenborg throw-in in their half, passes to Partridge infront of him, he crosses across the area to the right to Foy, Foy enters the area, shoots! So close for Foy!

Min 30 - Free kick to Rosenborg, Winsnes to take, goes for goal! Easy save for Kirkland!

Min 37 - Throw in to Rosenborg in our half, taken by Amundsen to Braaten, he crosses to the other side of the pitch to Koppinen, he shoots from the edge of the area! Very close!

Goal! - 39 minutes in and Braaten nicks the ball off of Foy, goes down the left, passes to Winsnes in the middle, one touch out to Helstad whos made a run to the left wing, crossed to the near post, Johnsen wins a header against Traore! Headed towards goal! 1-0 to Rosenborg!! Liverpool were caught out on the counter.

Goal! - Took two minutes for Liverpools reply! Rosenborg converted to 532 and went defensive. Liverpool got a cornor on the left, taken by Partridge to the near post, Kelly has the ball on his feet with his back to goal, feints right, goes left, looses his marker, aims for the far bottom cornor! 1-1!! What a goal by Kelly on his debut!! Is this the birth of a new Liverpool legend?

Second Half

Min 52 - Traore gets a knock and I tell him to come off, young Hitchin takes over on the left back position.

Goal! - Hitchin finds Partridge down the left 83 minutes in, he looses Koppinen, goes to the byline, crosses into the box, Kelly heads it! Martinsen saves! Morientes heads in the rebound!! 2-1! The fans chant "El Moro! El Moro! El Moro!". At that instance I sub Morientes and Foy for debutants Noon and Hamill.

Goal! - Brattback has the ball on the left 9 minutes from full time, he crosses into the box, Pellegrino runs to try and head the ball, Winsnes gets his head to the ball before him! Heads the ball to Kirklands right! 2-2!! Kirkland was lost..

Goal! - 3 minutes later Hitchin wins a header and heads it down the line for Partridge, he goes down the left, gives and goes with Noon, checks the box, sees Noon running towards the near post, crosses, Noon heads it! 3-2!! Noon scores a great header on his debut! That must be the winning goal! All hte players come to congratulate Noon with his first senior goal.

Min 87 - Strand gets the ball down the right wing off of Hoftun, he goes to the byline, crosses, finds Johnsen who wins a header against Peltier, header towards goal! Over the bar! Peltier did enough there.

Min 89 - Biscan heads down Martinsen's long kick to Welsh, he advances forward, gets to the area, shoots! Missed!

Min 90 - Free kick to Liverpool. Partridge to take, steps up.. strikes towards goal! Deflected! But Martinsen gets back in time to save on the line. Good save.

Full Time

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Turned out to a quite exciting night, or what do you say?

It had everything to be honest. Debutant goals, comebacks, excitement to the very end. It's a shame the match was meningless from our point of view.

Kelly and Noon grab their first goals, more to come from them?

They're still young so they still have alot to learn but they both played very well and Noon grabbed the winner which he's been doing in the U18's aswell. He's the top scorer in the U18 league aswell.

Focusing on the next game?

Of course. It's a never ending job this and the match this weekend ain't exactly a small task. Highbury is a tough stadium to come to but we're going for the win as always.

We're Unstoppable!!

We had the upper hand at Highbury this afternoon since my first eleven had rested a whole week and Arsenal come back from a 2-2 match away to Celtic. Still it was a big task in hand and I was missing Kewell and Hyypia. But there was to be another weight taken off the Arsenal scale to go in our favour. Argueably Arsenal's best three players were out of the game. Henry, Pires and Reyes were all injured and now I felt that 3 points was very very probable.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, how do you rate your chances today?

very very good, I just saw the Arsenal lineup and Reyes, Pires and Henry are all gone and that's pretty much their whole attack.

Arsene said before the game that he side fears no-one and that they will be confident today.

Ah well, I don't want to waste time with cheap talk, my team will do all the talking for me.

What factors sees you winning today?

Their absantees, we've more rested, we haven't lost and we have a die hard attitude.

Saturday 27th November, 12.45. Highbury, London.

Premiership

Arsenal 1 Campbell 47

Liverpool 3 Cisse 23, Gerrard 53, Morientes 87

Sent Off - Campbell 64

MOM - Gerrard

Att: 38340

Arsenal (4-4-2); Lehmann; Lauren, Toure, Campbell, Cole; Salihadmidzic, Vieira, Edu, Ljungberg; Bergkamp, Van Persie

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Biscan; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Riise; Cisse

First Half

Min 17 - Gerrard has been on fire so far today, jumping into tackles, pinging balls left right and center. He nicks the ball off of Vieira in the Arsenal half, takes the ball himself and advances 5 yards and takse a shot! Bends towards the bottom right!! Great save by Lehmann!

Min 20 - Traore tackles the ball off of Riise, Salihadmidzic takes it down the right, shoots from 30 yards! Well well wide, wasted that.

Goal! - 22 minutes in and Cisse breaks the deadlock! Dudek finds Cisse infront of the Arsenal back four, he heads the ball left to Risse and runs forward, Riise advances, curls the ball behind Traore for Cisse, great ball! Cisse is one on one against Lehmann, Lehmann dives towards Cisse! Cisse pokes it under Lehmann! 1-0!! Good goal by Cisse but it was the ball from Riise that created the chance! Alonso's picked up and injury and comes off for Biscan.

Min 25 - Arsenal go for a quick reply, Cole finds Ljungberg down the left, Ljungberg goes all the way down to the line, crosses, the ball curvs out, then in towards goal! Fingertip save by Dudek!

Min 36 - Free kick by Campbell, down the right to Salihadmidzic, overlap by Lauren, Salihadmidzic finds him, Lauren crosses along the penalty area line, Persie jumps over it, it goes to Ljungberg, goes into the area, shoots! Just wide of Dudek's left post!

Second Half

Luis Garcia has picked up a slight knock and is subbed for Partridge.

Goal! - 2 minutes after we started the second half, Arsenal get a cornor on the left, Salihamidzic takes it, Carra wins the header against Traore, back out to Salihamidzic, crossed in again, header by Campbell! 1-1! His first goal for Campbell.

Min 51 - Arsenal with alot of the ball now, Cole takes a throw in in Liverpools half, finds Ljungberg, he finds Traore outside Liverpools area, he shoots! Balloned well over the bar and hits some poor fan on the top row.

Goal! - 53 minutes in and we take the lead! Finnan wins a ball against Ljungberg, heads it to Partridge, he finds Hamann centrally, he then feeds towards Gerrard outside the box, he takes two touches, shoots it! Bends outwards and then inwards!! 2-1!! What a goal!! That is definatly goal of the year!! 25 yards out and Lehmann is stunned, he can't believe it! That goal is the dot over the i about Gerrards performance! Cisse is subbed for Morientes.

Min 63 - Lauren wins the ball off of Riise, finds Salihamidzic down the wing, Traore goes to close down, Salihadmidzic finds Bergkamp between the fullback and centreback, he runs towards goal with Carra and Pellegrino chasing, he chips Dudek! But it goes just wide! Great play by Salihamidzic thou..

Min 64 - Campbell gets a second yellow after aruging with the ref.

Min 75 - Gerrard wins the ball off of Vieira in the Arsenal half for the 5th time today, he's been excellent! Hamann gathers it up, passes out wide to Riise, he passes back, Hamann passes out right to Partridge, lets it bounce and then strikes with his right foot from the edge of the area!! Lehmann tips over the bar!!

Min 80 - Riise intercepts Gilberto's pass and sets Morientes off down the left flank, Morientes runs with the ball, squares it for Partridge infront of the area, he shoots! Wide!

Min 85 - Aliardiere wins a header against Pellegrino, he heads down the right for Lauren, he cuts it back for Ljungberg, hit on the half volley!! Too weak and rolls into Dudek's hands.

Min 87 - Liverpool are caught on the counter, a long ball from Lauren finds Cygan running through the Liverpool defense, he's running down the left flank, cuts in, shoots! But well wide, he's not really a striker.

Goal!! - 3 minutes from full time and Carra cuts out a through ball and passes Gerrard, he takes 1 touch and slices a 50 yarder through the Liverpool defense! Morientes is free on goal! He shoots to the right!! 3-1!! The shot was good but the pass was delicious!!

Full Time

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Great performance today from Gerrard, or what do you say?

Yes, first class and was the diffrence between the teams, his goal and assist shows what he is all about and what he can do all day.

You've won your first matches against the big three, is the title is in the bag now?

Very early to say and we can't get complacent but we have a great position to win it quite early on.

Your in good position to take home alot of silverware, is it possible?

Again, too early to say but I hope we take home all 4 cups and live off it all summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChrisRud:

You did an edit further down correcting this to David Moores. But isnt it Rick Parry anyhow icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, Moores is the Chairman and Parry is in the board IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

David Moores is Chairman. Rick Parry holds the position of Chief Executive.

enjoying the story anyway. good to see you doing well icon14.gif

We have Rosenborg who have never gotten past the group stage but all credit that they are there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good story, but I think mr. Taylor need to refresh his knowledge of Rosenborg BK icon_smile.gif

Rosenborg where in the quarter-finals of the Champions League in 96/97. Beeing a RBK suporter the last game of the group stages that year was one of the most intense experienses I can remember. We had to beat AC Milan on San Siro in the last game, and it happened. A late 2-1 goal by Vegard Heggem got us through to the quarters.

In 99/00 we won our group with Feyenord, Dortmund, Boavista, and got through to the second group stage, which was a new thing that year I believe. Anyway, we beat Boavista and Dortmund 3-0 away that year.

RBK also got 2nd in the group stage in 97/98 2 points behind Real Madrid. That year though only 1 team went on to the quarters.

cheers.

@ TommiHelm - Sorry about that, I thought I heard it on TV once and some commentator was explaining that they never had. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry for not updating in a while, I've kind of run away with the game and I got finger cramps from writing. The updates will be a bit shorter but not hold back on any info.

Reds Put Bolton Out Of Carling Cup

Wednesday 1st December 2004

For the second time this season at Anfield, Bolton fail to score against the Premiership leaders and now they've been put out of the Carling Cup quater final.

Partridge, who is the according to Opta the best sub in the Premiership had been given a start today and was using the left flank very well the first ten minutes. Again and again he was getting down the byline and crossing dangerously into the box. But Bolton were holding off well but posed no offensive threat to Liverpool. Jay Jay Okocha was using the ball well but none of the Bolton players were as influential. The dead lock was finally broken and the young Partridge was again involved, his cornor was cleared but he got the ball back and squared it across the box for Alonso who scored a deflected shot off of N'Gotty to make it 1-0 before halftime.

Again Bolton were down at halftime for the second time this season and last time out they went 11 men behind the ball and in the beginning of the second half it looked to be history repeating itself. 10 minutes into the second half Cisse showed great composure and scored 2-0 from a very tight angle on the left side of the area. The clerence from Jaaskelainen was poor and intercepted by Partridge who found Cisse down the left wing, he came into the area and just shot and it curved past the stunned finn. Halfway through the half it was Cisse time again, Biscans header from within the Liverpool found Cisse who twist and turned away from Jaidi, it looked like a rabbit and turtle race when Cisse left him for dead, Cisse's cool finish past the Bolton keeper ment 3-0, game, set and match.

Carling Cup Quater Final

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 3 Alonso 43, Cisse 56 74

Bolton 0

MOM - Alonso

Att: 40403

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Traore; Biscan; Garcia, Alonso, Welsh, Partridge; Morientes

REDS TO PLAY UNITED IN SEMI'S

Thursday 2nd December 2004

Liverpool travel to Manchester for the first leg of the Carling Cup Semi Final which is touted as a cracking match up but surely one that would of been better for the Final. Alex Ferguson had this to say, "It's a good draw and now we look forward to getting revenge for the 1-0 defeat at home a couple of weeks ago. Now we know what they are all about and we will be more prepared this time."

Daniel Taylor however was less agressive towards Ferguson when he said that he anticipated a great game between two world class teams. When asked who would win the tie he answed short and simply "Us".

In the other tie Everton travel to Fulham over two ties. The experts say the final will be an all Liverpoodlian final.

'Pool Take Three Against Fulham

Saturday 4th December 2004

Liverpool could field a full team for this fixture due to the match in the week against Paris did'nt mean anything for their Champions League position.

The first quater of the hour was very stale but Liverpool had the upper hand and possesion but it did'nt take much longer then 17 minutes for Gerrard to kill off the match. The Liverpool skipper was set up by Hamann outside the area and he bent it past van der Sar with precision from 20 yards. Fulham were finding it as hard as all teams that have come to Anfield to break down the defense and only long shots was the available option but they were never enough to trouble Dudek. Most of the half Fulham defended with 10 men and hoped that Liverpool would'nt get a second and maybe break on the counter with Cole.

Halfway through the second half, Riise's left-footed freekick was saved superbly by van der Sar down by his right post. Fulham started pushing bodies forward in attempt to level the score but were shortly punished by substitute Morientes on the counter only 2 minutes after he came on, Finnan's crossfield ball found another substitute, Partridge who crosses to the far post and Morientes headed it down to the groud and it bounced akwardly for van der Sar, 2-0. Morientes also had a chance for 3-0 after Josemi's long throw but this time van der Sar was equal to it and puched his header wide.

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2 Gerrard 18, Morientes 73

Fulham 0

MOM - Gerrard

Att: 40604

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Riise; Cisse

Kirkland's Shut Out Gives Reds A Point In Paris

Tuesday 7th December 2004

The reserve players and youth players were once again given a chance to shine in the Champions League but it was a one man goalkeeping show in Paris. Young Woods was given his debut in central defence after been on loan to

Liverpool started brightly and Foy showed his skill down the left and crossed for Morientes, but the spaniards header is went over the bar. Minutes later another chance fell to Morientes, Kelly's free kick caught Paris off guard as they formed a wall and it fell to Morientes, but he shot straight at Alonzo. However this proved to be Liverpool's last chance in the half, after that it was all Paris. Pauleta tested Kirkland after just half an hour played with a header but it went straight into the keepers arms. Minutes later Semak tested the young enlishman from the egde of the area but Kirkland managed to punch the hard shot and cleared it for a throw in. Shortly after that the ball came striaght back into Liverpools half, Pauleta tested Kirkland with a low hard shot from the same area as Semak but again the keeper was equal to it and punched clear. Kirkland was surely the man of the half but this was not the end of the story.

The second half started as the first, Morientes got a chance 5 minutes in but again his shot went straight at Alonzo and easily saved. Halway through the half Pauleta was again stirring trouble, a cross from Benachour found him at the far post but Kirkland got down to turn it behind for a cornor. Paris chucked on another attacker in attempt to grab a goal but it wasn't going to help, the Liverpool defence held out well with Josemi and Traore being influecing figures but the five star performance from Kirkland kept the score at 0-0.

Champions League Group C

Parc des Princes, Paris

Paris 0

Liverpool 0

MOM - Kirkland

Att: 48524

(4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Woods, Traore; Biscan; Foy, Welsh, Kelly, Partridge; Morientes

Champions League group results if anyone is intrested icon14.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Inter | | 6 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 12 | 1 | +11 | 14 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | PSV | | 6 | 3 | 0 | 3 | 8 | 10 | -2 | 9 |

| 3rd | | Valencia | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | -2 | 7 |

| 4th | | Olympiakos | | 6 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 3 | 10 | -7 | 4 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | R. Madrid | | 6 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 11 | 4 | +7 | 12 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Werder Bremen | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 13 | 9 | +4 | 10 |

| 3rd | | Fenerbahçe | | 6 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 7 | 3 | +4 | 9 |

| 4th | | M. Haifa | | 6 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 2 | 17 | -15 | 1 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Liverpool | | 6 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 13 | 3 | +10 | 16 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Porto | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 5 | +4 | 10 |

| 3rd | | Paris | | 6 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 10 | -7 | 5 |

| 4th | | Rosenborg | | 6 | 1 | 0 | 5 | 4 | 11 | -7 | 3 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Roma | | 6 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 13 | 5 | +8 | 13 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Chelsea | | 6 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 10 | 8 | +2 | 11 |

| 3rd | | Deportivo | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 5 | 6 | -1 | 8 |

| 4th | | Club Brugge | | 6 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 3 | 12 | -9 | 1 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Arsenal | | 6 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 16 | 4 | +12 | 16 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Juventus | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 6 | +3 | 10 |

| 3rd | | Celtic | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 9 | 10 | -1 | 8 |

| 4th | | APOEL | | 6 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 2 | 16 | -14 | 0 |

| 1st | Q | Man Utd | | 6 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 8 | 0 | +8 | 12 |

| 2nd | Q | Ajax | | 6 | 4 | 0 | 2 | 12 | 6 | +6 | 12 |

| 3rd | | Dinamo Kiev | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 8 | -4 | 7 |

| 4th | | Panathinaikos | | 6 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 1 | 11 | -10 | 2 |

| 1st | Q | FC Bayern | | 6 | 6 | 0 | 0 | 14 | 4 | +10 | 18 |

| 2nd | Q | Barcelona | | 6 | 4 | 0 | 2 | 10 | 5 | +5 | 12 |

| 3rd | | Hajduk | | 6 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 8 | -4 | 4 |

| 4th | | Anderlecht | | 6 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 3 | 14 | -11 | 1 |

| 1st | Q | Lyon | | 6 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 7 | 2 | +5 | 12 |

| 2nd | Q | Milan | | 6 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 8 | 2 | +6 | 11 |

| 3rd | | Leverkusen | | 6 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 10 | -4 | 5 |

| 4th | | Benfica | | 6 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 2 | 9 | -7 | 4 |

</pre>

REDS DRAW BREMEN IN FIRST KNOCKOUT

Friday 10th December 2004

Liverpool will travel to Germany for their first leg against last years Bundesliga winners Bremen. Bremen came second in Group B behind Real Madrid. "It will be a good game. We have been good at home in the Champions League but Liverpool have'nt lost this season. I would be lying if I did'nt say that Liverpool were favorites.", said Bremen manager Thomas Shaaf.

"Bremen are last years Bundesliga winners and got a good result at home against Real Madrid. I think we'll definatly proceed to the next round.", said a very confident Daniel Taylor after the draw.

In other draws, Inter travel to Chelsea, Real Madrid take on defending champions Porto in Porto, Roma host PSV, Arsenal have the toughest game away to Milan, Bayern FC travel to Amsterdam and Ajax, Catalonian giants Barcelona host Manchester United and Juventus entertain Lyon at home.

Nope, Moores is the Chairman and Parry is in the board IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was pointing at the above differences

I was pointing at the above differences </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I knew I spelt it wrong but corrected it somewhere, forum doesn't have an editing function so I can't do anthing about it icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P O'D:

cool stuff justified. a treble maybe?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's looking good tbh, Bremen in the Champions League, Newcastle at home in the FA Cup, Everton in the Carling Cup final and top of the Premiership icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P O'D:

cool stuff justified. a treble maybe?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's looking good tbh, Bremen in the Champions League, Newcastle at home in the FA Cup, Everton in the Carling Cup final and top of the Premiership icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might as well take all 4 trophies icon_biggrin.gif

Liverpool Score Two In Liverpool Derby

Sunday 12th December 2004

Jerzy Dudek was the diffrence between the two teams on the day and the scoreline does'nt really reflect on a very evenly contested derby match.

Beattie tested Dudek early on with a header from Farinos's cornor, but Dudek dived to his right and punched the ball away. 16 minutes in and Martyn had to make a dubbel save after Cisse set up Hamann in the box, Martyn dived superbly to his right to punch the ball clear but Riise was waiting for the rebound but again Martyn was equal to it and saved Everton. But halfway through the half Martyn was beaten, a cross from the left wing from Gerrard was headed with precision by Cisse for Liverpool's first goal of the day. A terrible error by Garcia 10 minutes later could of ended in 1 goal a peice, he intercepted a cornor but decided to pass back to Dudek, little did he know that Watson was lurking nearby and got to the ball before the Polish keeper, but unluckily for Everton, the shot sailed just wide of the left post. Seconds after that it was Liverpools chance to score again, Traore recieved the goal kick, passed down the left and Riise was away from the slow Everton defence but his low shot was again saved by Martyn. Traore was to set off Cisse 3 minutes from time who easily, almost jogged away from the Everton defence but his shot was also saved by Martyn.

The start of the second half saw Liverpool mostly defending against an Everton that surely gotten a right telling off from Moyes. Beattie was to get another chance to score at the game when Yobo's cleared header found Beattie through the Liverpool defence but his shot was straight at Dudek who easily punched it wide. Halfway through the second half Beattie again was a figure in the Everton attack but this time setting up new boy Karagounis but again Dudek saves the day with a good save. But the final nail in the coffin was to come and this time it was substitute Morientes who was set free down the middle with a defense cutting pass from Hamann, Morientes, not the fastest bugger on the planet actually gets easily away from Weir and Yobo and rounds Martyn and easily slides home 2-0. Morientes 5th goal this season. Liverpool went into defense mode and defended like a fortress, it took 87 minutes for Everton's next chance with Cahill getting a free header after that Pistone crossed from the left to the far post but again Dudek was there and it just was'nt Everton's day.

Premiership

Goodison Park, Liverpool

Everton 0

Liverpool 2 Cisse 25, Morientes 76

MOM - Dudek

Att: 40226

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Riise; Cisse

Youngster Sent Off When Reds Beat Canaries

Wednesday 15th December 2004

It was a one team show at Anfield on Wednesday evening as Liverpool seemed to keep their loss total at zero. The first couple of minutes saw Norwich's horrible defence as Liverpool played with them like a cat and a ball of string. But the goal was to come early on, 14 minutes in and Gerrard got the ball outside the area in which could be called his favorite area to shoot from, and rightly so he did and it deflected off Brennan to roll into the back of the net. Liverpool would'nt let Norwich out of their half and continuely pressed for more goals. Halfway through the first half and Gerrard tried his luck from range again after Partridge's cornor had gone wild, this time however Gerrard's effort from 25 yards was brilliantly saved by Green. Norwich now had 9 men behind the ball and trying to deny space down the middle.

The second half saw Norwich only thinking of one thing. Defending! Once they got the ball it was only to boot it down the flanks to keep Liverpool away. 63 minutes had gone and premiership debutant Callum Woods singlehandedly stopped a rare Norwich attack, he laid off to Gerrard who sliced open Norwich's defense to substitute Sinama who finished off in the top left cornor past a stunned Robert Green. Great finish by Sinama and Gerrard is having the form of his life at the moment. However the evening was to end in bitterness for Callum Woods as he picks up his second yellow 5 minutes from time and is sent to the showers.

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2 Gerrard 14, Sinama 63

Norwich 0

MOM - Gerrard

Att: 39109

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Woods, Pellegrino, Traore; Biscan; Finnan, Welsh, Gerrard, Partridge; Cisse

Charlton Pick Up Nothing At Anfield

Saturday 18th December 2004

Liverpool started bringtly and Alonso's header after 8 minutes was just over Kiely's bar. Liverpool were showing no mercy and attacked again and again. Riise's shot outside the area after 17 minutes just clipped the bar. Charlton got a rare shot from Euell outside the area but he was crowded out by the Liverpool defenders and his shot almost went for a throw in. But the goal was to come halfway through and it was a stunner by Hamann. He received the ball outside the halfcircle off of Alonso and just belted it towards goal, Kiely was on it but the shot was too hard to handle. Charlton were pressed back and defending with 10 men. Cisse headed a cross from Riise but over the bar. 3 minutes from time Cisse scores a goal from a cheeky free kick. Riise flicks it over the wall to Cisse who's marker was sleeping and he slipped 2-0 past a helpless Kiely for his 15th of the season.

It did'nt take long for Liverpool to grab another chance in the second half, Riise's cross found Welsh in the area who headed it towards goal but a good save from Kiely see's him tipping it over the bar. 5 minutes after that Kiely seemed to have difficulties holding onto Welsh's cross and Sinama almost got onto the end of it but Hreidersson cleared. 60 minutes in and the third came after Welsh himself set up Riise on the left, dashed into the box and headed Riise's cross into the left side of the goal. Good goal by the young lad. A great move from Xabi Alonso set Sinama on his way towards goal 10 minutes from time but again Kiely to the rescue with a tipped save. Kiely is the only one holding the scoreline to a minimum. Game over and Dudek had a quite evening without again having to make a single save.

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 3 Hamann 30, Cisse 42, Welsh 60

Charlton 0

MOM - Riise

Att: 40543

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Welsh, Riise; Cisse

Reds Smash 'Boro As Run Continues

Wednesday 22nd December 2004

Middlesbrough were to give a little more of a challenge at Anfield then Norwich and Charlton had done in the recent week but it proved not to be enough to lodge Liverpool off their high horse. Kewell was back in action after been missing for 3 weeks. The first goal was to come early on from Garcia, it was looking like a pin ball machine when Kewell broke down the left, crossed to the other flank to Garcia who shot on the volley, deflected, out to Gerrard who bent it towards goal, deflected, out to Garcia again, bent it towards goal, deflected back but the fourth time in curled past everyone including Schwarzer into the left side of the goal. After the goal 'Boro tried to force Liverpool into their half but it was like trying to push a door shut with massive amount of water behind it. But Downing managed to get off a 25 yard shot towards Dudek but it was easily saved. Halfway through and Gerrard tried a shot from the left edge of the area but it went straight into the Kop. The second goal came shortly after in the 30th minute, Gerrard's freekick found Cisse, he had Quedrue on his back, turned him and easily slotted it past Schwartzer, 2-0. But 2 minutes later came the reply, Downing found Hasselbaink down the left flank, he found in his turn Christie in the box with a great pass and he cooly finished past Dudek, this was Liverpool's first conceded goal at home in the Premiership since the Chelsea game 3 months ago. Just seconds later Garcia gets a chance to make it 3-1 but his effort is tipped over the bar by Schwartzer. Middlesbrough converted to a 5-3-2 formation to hold out for the remainder of the half.

5 minutes in and already Garcia had a shot inside the box after the ball deflected off of Ehiogu but it went over the bar. 75 minutes in and 'Boro's chance to get an equalizer did'nt come closer then substitute Nemeth's sidenetting shot from outside the area. But it was 'Big Sam' who was to have the last goal of this fixture, Partridge's cornor from the left found Hyypia at the near post and the big finn scored his first of the season. A couple of minutes later another Partridge cornor came into the box and Cisse's header was saved by Schwartzer and cleared off the line by Mendieta.

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 3 Garcia 5, Cisse 31, Hyypia 77

Middlesbrough 1 Christie 33

MOM - Garcia

Att: 43284

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

Foy's First Gets Three Points At St Mary's

Sunday 26th December 2004

Great Boxing Day match between the Saints and Liverpool. The first chance for Southampton fell after only 1 minute to Quasie who was free on the far post but his shot was smothered by Dudek. But after a good Southampton first minute it was time for Liverpools, Kewell found Garcia on the edge of the box on the right hand side with a great cross field pass and he cooly dribbled past Higginbotham and slid it past 2nd choice goalkeeper Smith to make it 1-0 and Garcia's 15th of the season. 2 minutes later Quasie had a shot from 30 yards but clean over Dudek's bar. Southampton attacked with alot of numbers leaving only three defenders at the back and Garcia, once again, punished them for it halfway into the first half, Kewell was free down the left flank and crossed to the far post where Garcia was lurking and put it into the far cornor of the net, 2-0. Southampton looked stunned by the scoreboard. But surely on the half hour mark the goal would come, Phillips found Ormerod infront of him running through the defence and slipped it past Dudek's right, 1-2. Cisse headed over a ball from Kewell shortly after Southampton's goal but it went high over the bar. Jakobsson's free kick 10 miutes from time on the box went just wide of the post. Seconds after that Tessem had a shot from 30 yards hit the side netting but Dudek had it covered all the way.

Southampton were determined right from the off to score and so they did aswell. Quasie had the ball on the left flank, crossed for Pahars who centered it and Phillips headed it in for 2-2, Dudek stood still, he couldn't react. Shortly after Hamann had a shot from outside the box but went a yard or two wide. But this match was to have a fairy tale ending, substitute Foy got the ball off of another substitute Morientes and was free in the far area of the box, he bore down on Smith and slid it past him to get his first ever senior and Liverpool goal! Southampton's defense has yet again let them down. Liverpool went into defense mode to try and cut out the Southampton attacks. Foy, who's high on andrenaline, finds Carra at the far post with a cornor after 70 minuntes but his header went over the bar. 5 minutes later Foy was yet again involved, he found Garcia right of the area and he shot from outside the box, however it went a touch wide. Southampton were to have another chance to score thou but it was'nt a golden opportunity, Delap's 20 yard shot hit Dudek's sidenetting 10 minutes from time. Shortly after another Foy cornor finds Garcia in the box, but his header went a raction wide or Smith's right post. 4 minutes later Garcia had another pop at goal, this time from about 25 yards out he curled it towards Smith who brilliantly tipped it over the bar. The resulting cornor was taken by Foy and met by Morientes head but it went just over the bar, it's all Liverpool now. 5 minutes from time Gerrard's left hand cross finds Hamann in the box, his header however unluckily hits the bar! 2 minutes from time and Southampton have gone gung ho, Tessem finds Pahars outside the box, he gets past Traore but his shot sails a tad wide of Dudek's left. But Liverpool held out for the win and what a great game it was.

Premiership

St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton

Southampton 2 Ormerod 30, Phillips 46

Liverpool 3 Garcia 2 28, Foy 56

MOM - Garcia

Att: 32213

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Traore; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

Moro Double Against Pompey

Tuesday 28th December 2004

A very wet and cold day up at Anfield saw Liverpool continue their run towards the league title. Liverpool controlled the game from the off and 13 minutes in Alonso had a good free kick go wide from 25 yards. 5 minutes later he found Partridge on the right who tried a shot from the edge of the box but Hislop did well to tip it over. Sinama set Partridge up with a half volley from 25 yards just minutes later but it hits the side netting. Good defending saw Liverpool controlling the game and the Portsmouth players found it hard to find space. All that was missing was a goal for Liverpool.

Morientes came on for Sinama at half time who seemed to have picked up a small knock and just minutes later he had a chance on goal. Partridge's cornor found him by the near post but again Hislop was equal to it. Portsmouth only had Yakubu up top but he never got a look in as Liverpool spent most time in the Portsmouth half. Alonso had a good chance halfway in but his effort from outside the area went over the bar to Hislops relief. 70 minutes gone and Alonso got in a cross from the left and Morientes headed it towards goal but it went flying over the bar. Leaving it late but the goal came, Kewell's substitute Foy got clear down the left flank and he centred it to Morientes who headed it down to the left post and it crept in past Hislop. 7 minutes from time Morientes got another chance in the box, he received a pass from Partridge and his shot on the edge of the 6 yard box was save well by Hislop. Portsmouth were however going to get one chance to score at Anfield when LuaLua set up Anderson in the box whilst on the counter but his shot went wide of the left post. 2 minutes from 90 minutes Morientes nicked the ball off Stefanovic and set up Alonso who curled a shot from 30 yards, but Hislop got down and punched it clear with a brilliant save. In extra time Portsmouth tried a cheeky one and pushed players forward to get an equalizer but it seems to backfire. Riise found Foy down the left flank and a 3 against 2 opportunity arises but he goes himself towards goal but his low shot was saved by Hislop. 1.33 had gone of the 2 minutes of extra time and Morientes nails shut the coffin. Partridges fine cross from the right found 'El Moro' free in the box and he shot first time hard and low and Hislop was rooted to the line.

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2 Morientes 78 90

Portsmouth

MOM - Morientes

Att: 40324

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Pellegrino, Riise; Biscan; Partridge, Alonso, Welsh, Kewell; Sinama

REDS SIGN NORWEIGAN STARLETS

Saturday 1st January 2005

Liverpool today confirmed that there are two norweigan additions to the club. Magnus Myklebust and Lasse Staw join from Lillestrom and Fredrikstad respectively. The transfer window opened this morning and the two new players are to be introduced at the next home game against Man City in three days.

"I am happy to have signed these two very promising players from Norway." said a pleased Taylor after the deals been done but he promised there would be more before the window closed. "Magnus is a very quick striker and I am very confident he'll develope here. Lasse on the other hand is a very promising goalkeeper and can as soon as next year be challenging for a spot even thou he only turned 17 today"

Magnus Myklebust started his career in Hodd scoring a total of 12 goals in 32 appearences in his first debut season at the tender age of 15. The season after he only managed to notch 2 in 17 following some injuries. Third season in Hodd he hit his peak and scored an excellent 16 in 25 and that also sealed a deal to Lillestrom before the Norweigan season. He only managed 2 appearences for Lillestrom before Liverpool snapped him up for £55k but he did score in both. He has yet to be capped for Norway but will be looking to get in as soon as possible.

Lasse Staw is a product of the Fredrikstad academy and only had his debut this year. He managed to play 14 appearences before leaving for the prospect of playing for Liverpool. His fee is reported to be around £210k.

Reds Edge Magpies As Finnan Scores First

Saturday 1st January 2005

A very even game saw Liverpool just edge off Newcastle thanks to a super performance from Dudek. The game started brightly and after a Newcastle cornor Liverpool countered via Gerrard down the right, he found Garcia outside the box who tried a shot but it sailed high and wide. 10 minutes in and Liverpool have started best, Kewell found Cisse running down the left, his cross found Gerrard at the penalty spot and he saw his shot hit the bar. Should of been 1-0. Quater of an hour gone and Newcastle's first chance came after Simunic's cross found Ameobi in the box but his header is save brilliantly by Dudek. 5 minutes later it was Liverpool's chance again, Kewell found Cisse again dow the left, he drilled along the byline into the box and cut back for Kewell, but his shot is saved by Given. But the first goal was to be Newcastle's. Robert won the ball off Garcia and found Kluivert in the Liverpool half, he then thread it through for Ameobi who shot right into the top left cornor, even thou Dudek was on it he could'nt keep it out, 1-0. Half an hour gone and Newcastle were buzzing, Robert's cross found Faye in the box but his header was saved by the brilliant Dudek.

The second half started good from a Liverpool point of view, Partridge crossed near post for Cisse who took his chance brilliantly, 1-1. 10 minutes in and Jenas's shot from outside the box went wide. Substitute Morientes looked to get onto Finnan's cross but Given again denies a Liverpool lead. A couple of minutes later Partridge had a free kick saved well by Given from 25 yards, Boumsong cleared for a throw in on the left. Hamann recieved it off Biscan, crossed ot the far post and Finnan's header crept past Given to give Liverpool the lead and Finnan's first goal in 2 years and for Liverpool, all the players come over to congratulate him. 10 minutes from the end and substitute Chopra was played through by Kluivert, his shot deflected off Traore but Dudek was there to save it brilliantly again. Morientes was given a chance to score shortly afterwards after a Partridge cornor but Given saved again! 4 minutes later Given had to be called into action again when Gerrard put Morientes clear on goal but Given smothered the ball. The match ended and in the end it was two great goalkeeper displays with Dudek being the best.

Premiership

St. James's Park, Newcastle

Newcastle 1 Ameobi 25

Liverpool 2 Cisse 45, Finnan 73

MOM - Dudek

Att: 52168

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Traore; Biscan; Garcia, Hamann, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

WELSH U21 STAR SIGNS FOR 'POOL

Monday 3rd January 2005

Liverpool yet again look set to boolster their youth talent with West Brom boy Rob Davis. 17 year old midfielder Davis made his debut for the Welsh U21's earlier in the year and is touted to be a promising prospect. He did'nt make an appearence for Albion but he is now set for the red shirt for a price around £325k.

"I've personally seen Davis play for Wales and he is very good for his age. He likes to play down the middle and has good understanding of the game and also shows compassion on the pitch. I think he will do well for us in the future", said Reds manager Daniel Taylor ahead of the Man City clash this evening.

Can I vote for the "Best Newcomer" already? I'm really enjoying this Justified, and I usually get bored of big-club stories. Here's hoping you can recreate Liverpool's European form (and improve on the domestic).

REDS SCORE THREE AGAINST CITEH

Monday 3rd January 2005

Liverpool were to show their class by giving City a tough time at 'Fort Anfield'. Gerrard was to be given the first opportunity in the first opening minutes. Kewell's cross found the Liverpool skipper in the six yard box but his half volley went well wide and he dropped to the groud as we all knew it was a golden opportunity to score. Cisse got Liverpool's next chance to score when Gerrard found Kewell out wide, the Aussie found Cisse at the near post but first James saved it and then it went off the post. James again showed his authority when he smothered a shot from Cisse inside the box with 20 minutes gone. Shortly after Kewell got fouled outside the box by Bosvelt and Alonso's free kick hit the side netting. Biscan's chance 7 minutes before halftime was to be Liverpool's last and his long range effort was punched out by James.

Cisse came off for Morientes at halftime to add another type of threat up front. 3 minutes in and Kewell drifted in fron the left, was given space, but his shot went high and wide. Partridge was given a chance on a free kick with 6 minutes gone after Bosvelt again fouled Kewell but his effort is wide. Morientes only needed 15 minutes to put Liverpool in front. Partridge ran down the right, crossed to the near post where the big spaniard won a header against Dunne and Liverpool were infront. 5 minutes later Partridge again was given a chance with a free kick after Distan had handled the ball outside the area but Partridge's effort was a disgrace. A minute later Alonso looked for Partridge in the box, the pass deflected off Barton but found itself to the young Irish lad who struck it but again wide. Morientes won a free kick after he'd been fouled by Dunne after 70 minutes, Riise took it to the far post, Morientes won another header against Dunne and it was 2-0! Dunne just could'nt handle Morientes. Couple of minutes after the goal Morientes tee'd up Alonso out side the box, Alonso hit it on the volley but great save by James. 10 minutes from full time Riise tried a free kick from a rediculous angle and as anticipated it went wide. There was to be one more goal before the final whistle and it fell to Gerrard who was set up by Riise outside the box, his 25 yard shot deflected off Bischoff and the skipper scores his 5th of the season!

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 3 Morientes 60 69, Gerrard 89

Man City 0

MOM - Kewell

Att: 45326

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Riise; Biscan; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pred:

Can I vote for the "Best Newcomer" already? I'm really enjoying this Justified, and I usually get bored of big-club stories. Here's hoping you can recreate Liverpool's European form (and improve on the domestic). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif Cheers for that, really helps me "chuck more wood in the burner" so to speak icon14.gif

Plymouth Dumped Out Of FA Cup

Saturday 8th January 2005

Liverpool could'nt ask for an easier opponent in the FA Cup third round as they entertained Plymouth at home. Alot of first teamers were asked to rest with the big League Cup semi finals against Man Utd around the cornor. It took 7 minutes for Liverpool to get their first chance through Morientes who was starting this evening, Foy found him inside the box and he turned very well on the ball but his effort was high and wide. A minute later Morientes should of scored, he got free of all the defenders, bore down on goal but his effort went into the Kop, terrible shot by Morientes. But it was another regular sub who opened up the scoring, Welsh played a one-two with Foy, crossed for Morientes, he elegantly controls the ball, lays it back out on the right for Welsh, he crosses from the byeline into the six yard box, it met Partridge's head and he scored from the very tight angle after just 12 minutes. Morientes was to score his 10th of the season when Biscan pinged a lovely 40 yard pass down the flank for Partridge, he centered it, El Moro dived on it and it went off the post, 2-0! 7 minutes from time and Plymouth goalkeeper McCormick was called into action when Partridge found Foy on the far post but McCormick got down well to turn it behind for a cornor.

After halftime Liverpool were caught sleeping as Evans got past Traore down the left and he cut back for Buzsaky but he struck it too hard and it almost flew out of the Stadium. 70 minutes in and two substitutes combined to get the next Liverpool chance, Hitchin's cornor found Noon in the box, Noon got above Doumbe and powered it towards goal but it just went over from the U18 star. 15 minutes left and Traore found Noon with a long ball down the left, Noon got past Coughlan, found Welsh in the six yard box but Welsh put it wide. 2 minutes from time and Pellegrino fancied his chances from a free kick. Hodges had fouled Partridge but Pellegrino's free kick went flying over the bar.

FA Cup Third Round

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2 Partridge 12, Morientes 21

Plymouth 0

MOM - Partridge

Att: 41216

(4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Woods, Traore; Biscan; Foy, Welsh, Kelly, Partridge; Morientes

REDS SIGN CAGLIARI STAR

Tuesday 11th January 2005

Liverpool have decided to splash some cash on Mauro Esposito from Cagliari. The wideman had been making some big headlines in Italy and was chased by Dortmund, Inter and Milan but he decided to opt for England and Liverpool. "Gianfranco Zola who plays at Cagliari said to me that football in Italy is very good and I am a big admirer of Zola and now I want to become as big as he was at Chelsea.", Esposito told Sky Sports. "I will probably return to Italy one day and hopefully play for my boy hood club Udinese", he continued.

"I am very pleased to have gotten Esposito to Liverpool. I was'nt really going to sign any big names until after the season but when Dortmund, Inter and Milan started bidding for him I had to dive in aswell.", Taylor said about his new signing. "He is one of the best wingers in Italy and I hope he starts grabbing caps for Italy."

The 25-year-old Italian started his career at the age of 17 in Pescara and debuted in the 97/98 season and earned 9 appearences. The season after he played a whole season and scored 12 goals. With that he went to his boy hood favorite club Udinese but never broke into the first team and only managed to get 9 games in one and a half seasons for the Serie A Club and then went back to Pescara at the age of 21 and played half a season. Season 01/02 Cagliari bought him and helped the club get into Serie A last season and managed to get 129 appearences in 3 and half season and managed 43 goals during his time there.

Saha's Late Goal Keeps League Cup Final Hope Alive

Wednesday 12th January 2005

New boy Esposito was to make his debut follwing his move from Cagliari against one of the best teams in England. Hamann is the one who takes to the bench instead of the Italian.

The game started at rapid pace and it was coast to coast stuff without any finished on goal. It was Esposito who got the first chance of the game 19 minutes in, Garcia found Cisse upfront, Cisse thread it through to Esposito but his shot went clean over. But with half an hour gone the ball was in the United net. Cisse got the ball off Kewell inside the box and he bore down on Caroll and slipped it past him and Old Trafford went dead quite. 5 minutes later Cisse was given the chance to make it two goals up but his bent effort from range was saved well by Caroll. Before halftime United were to get their first chance on goal, Scholes found Fletcher in the box, he fired a half volley but is effort was way off target.

Hamann was to come on at halftime as Liverpool looked to add more tackles in the central midfield. A couple of minutes in Cisse found Kewell down the left, he crossed to the near post where Gerrard got above Heinze, but his header went over the bar. 10 minutes in and another Liverpool chance, Alonso found Cisse up top, he one touch passed to Kewell, he dribbled past Neville and rifled a shot towards goal but Caroll saved well. 70 minutes in and United's second chance arised, Ronaldo easily got past Pellegrino and centred the ball to Scholes, he tried a shot from a tricky angle but it went over the bar. 5 minutes later Rooney's replacement Saha got played into the box by O'Shea, Saha won a header against Finnan and Dudek saved brilliantly. 3 minutes later Gerrard got onto Ferdinands clearence and tried to bend it in but it went wide of the mark. 8 minutes from time and Saha had gotten past Finnan on the right, he centred the ball, but it curved towards goal and Dudek had to tip it over the bar! But there was to be another twist in the Liverpool fairy tale, Scholes played a beautiful ball through to Saha who was clean on goal and slipped it cooly past a helpless Dudek and United had equalized with 1 minute to go in extra time. But Rob Styles decided to take the opportunity and blow for full time.

Carling Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Old Trafford, Manchester

Manchester 1 Saha 90

Liverpool 1 Cisse 30

MOM - Scholes

Att: 67817

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Traore; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Luis Garcia Show At St. Andrews

Saturday 15th January 2005

Luis Garcia was to produce yet another dazzling display for Liverpool and pull all the strings for Liverpool this afternoon. It was to be a perfect start for Liverpool on the day, 12 minutes in and Liverpool icon Gerrard scored after Garcia had centred the ball from the left side, Gerrard won a header against Upson and Taylor was left rooted on the line. 26 minutes in and Carter set Pennant on his way down the left, Pennant cut in, slid it through to Pandiani but his shot was well wide. 5 minutes later and the Birmingham defence were sleeping, Taylor's goal kick was headed upfield by Hyypia and Cisse was through on goal, he was one-on-one with the Birmingham keeper and banged in 2-0! Esposito was to give Cisse another chance for Liverpool, the Italian got past Lazaridis on the right he gave it to Cisse on his left, he got into the box but his shot was wide. 5 minutes from time and Dudek was called into action, Carter had the ball outside the area and tried a shot but Dudek clutched it to his chest. Just as the fourth official showed 2 minutes left Josemi took a throw in and Carragher won a header against Upson to head it down for Esposito who struck it on the half volley but he totally wasted it. Taylor took it quickly upfield and Heskey held it well, he found an onrushing Lazaridis bombing into the box but his shot is wide. End to end stuff to end the half.

Cisse was saved for the next game and Morientes came on. 2 minutes in and Esposito was to score his first ever Liverpool goal, one of many no doubt. Morientes one-two'd with Garcia, he got down the right wing, crossed into the box where Esposito had taken his place, he was free in the box and he powered his header into the net, great goal! Birmingham were looking very down and Liverpool went into defensive mode to defend their big lead. 66 minutes in and Dudek came to the rescue. Pandiani found Blake inside the box but Dudek smothered the shot. 9 minutes from time and another chance for Carter, Lazaridis passed a 25 yarder to find him out left, he cut in and tried a shot, deflected off Carra but straight into Dudek's arms. We held out for the win and another great display from the Reds.

Premiership

St. Andrews, Birmingham

Birmingham 0

Liverpool 3 Gerrard 12, Cisse 31, Esposito 47

MOM - Garcia

Att: 29998

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Hyypia, Traore; Biscan; Esposito, Hamann, Gerrard, Garcia; Cisse

ARSENAL BUY SINAMA OFF REDS

Monday 17th January 2005

Wenger boosted today his French legion by buying newly capped Sinama Pongolle off rivals Liverpool. Pongolle was third choice behind Cisse and Morientes and looked to have more competition from new Norweigan Myklebust. "The manager said that I could either go now or in the summer since he had other plans. I enjoyed my time in Liverpool and now I join the likes of Henry, Vieira and Pires at Arsenal.", said the young Frenchman who tied up a 4 year contract with the Gunners.

"Sinama is a great talent in French football and I was surprised when I was told he was for sale. He newly capped for France and has already shown this year that he is capable of amazing things. I'm sure he'll be a future star and I will look to help develope him to a world star.", said Wenger who signed the youngster for 3 million pounds.

"I felt that Sinama is a talent but I knew aswell he was looking to play more then I could play him and I wish him well at Arsenal even thou it's a step down from Liverpool", said Liverpool boss Taylor.

In other news Liverpool have drawn Norwich in the FA Cup fourth round and it will be played at Carrow Road.

Liverpool Crush Norwich FA Cup Dreams

Saturday 22nd January 2005

Minds might be on the next game from the Liverpool players since they host Man Utd in the return leg in the Carling Cup but they put in a very solid performance against bottom of the Premiership Norwich. Liverpool took the game by the balls straight from the off, Partridge tackled the ball off Edworthy in the box and it fell to Welsh who could only find the sidenetting wiht his poor shot. Minutes later he was able to amend his mistake but Welsh's effort hit the woodwork and bounced clear. Liverpool pushed and pushed towards the Norwich goal to get an early goal. 30 minutes gone and Aston centred the ball and McVeigh headed towards goal but it went wide. Right after that Esposito was to score his second goal in his second match at Liverpool. Carragher found him down the right, Esposito dribbled past Charlton, cut in, smashed it towards the top cornor and 1-0! Fabulous strike from Esposito. Only moments after the goal Green had to come to the rescue, Alonso gathered up a loose ball outside the box, curled it towards goal and Green was equal to it, brilliant save by Green! 3 minutes from halftime Morientes and Esposito combined well down the right, Espositio found Morientes running upfront, he kept the ball going but his shot was well wide.

Norwich were pushing bodies forward to try and get a goal but 6 minutes in and Esposito found Morientes in the box and Fleming pulled him down, a penalty was awarded! Pellegrino stepped up to take it and cheekily shot straight at goal whilst Green dived right, 2-0. 3 minutes after the goal McVeigh wipped to Holt outside the box, he shot but it was saved by Kirkland. 63 minutes in and Partridge skipped past Edworthy, found Cisse with a through ball, Cisse tried from distance but his shot turned the ball away. But Cisse's goal was to come, Hamann's brilliant 50 yard pass found Cisse running away from the Norwich defence, he rounded Green and slid it into the open goal, his 20th of the season, 3-0! Partridge's cornor in the 76th minute found Cisse at the near post, he beat Fleming in the air but he put it wide. But Norwich were to break Kirkland's clean sheet, bentley found Drury down the right, he put it in the six yard box and Jarvis won a header against Carra and Kirkland was helpless to save it. Only a consulation thou, 1-3.

FA Cup 4th Round

Carrow Road, Norwich

Norwich 1 Jarvis 90

Liverpool Esposito 34, Pellegrino pen 51, Cisse 68

MOM - Esposito

Att: 24293

(4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Biscan; Esposito, Alonso, Welsh, Partridge; Morientes

Cisse Hattrick As Reds Crush Red Devils Hopes

Wednesday 26th January 2005

A game that surely on paper was very evenly contested surely did'nt look that way today as Liverpool tought Man Utd a lesson in effective football. It was however United who had the first chance, Giggs was awarded a free kick when he was fouled by Finnan, Rooney struck it and it just grazed the bar. However that was just a false impression of what was to come. 11 minutes in and the Cisse show had begun. Luis Garcia found the lethal Frenchman upfront, he dribbled past Ferdinand, raced away from the United defense and slipped it past Caroll to start the Liverpool rampage, 1-0. 5 minutes later van Nistelrooy had a volley inside the box but it went over the bar. United tried to push forward but Liverpool kept coming. 24 minutes in and Caroll had to save Cisse's shot after that he'd dribbled past Ferdinand yet again. But Caroll could'nt save the next shot as Risse found Kewell in the box, he then squared it for Garcia who only needed to finish, 2-0! 5 minutes later it was time for Kewell to have a go, Esposito had gotten the ball off Cisse and crossed field to Kewell on the far post but his shot was wide. A minute later Garcia wanted to test Caroll again but his long shot went well wide. 5 minutes from time Garcia was yet again to have a long shot from outside the box after United new boy Tuncay cleared the ball but his shot was wide.

Finnan had to leave the field at halftime with an injury, Pellegrino replaced and Carra went to right back. Liverpool were to score their third right from the off, Ferdinand's clearence was gathered by Kewell, he one-two'd with Cisse and then put it into the six yard box back to Cisse, 3-0! United looked like someone had knocked their air out of them. But it did'nt help them that in the 58th minute Kewell nicked the ball off Ferdinand, strode down the left, put it into the 6 yard box and Cisse finished it off and had scored a hattrick, 4-0! 5 minutes later Alonso had a chance to make it five, Cisse nodded it down to Alonso, he one-two'd with Gerrard and bent it towards goal but it went wide. 5 minutes later Hyypia decided to join in the fun. Alonso's cornor found the big finn who'd won a header against O'Shea but his effort was held by Caroll. 10 minutes from time a rare United chance arose, Neville one-two'd with Keane, he advanced down the right, found Keane outside the area, he tried to shoot for the top cornor, but it went well wide. 3 minutes later Garcia found Kewell down the left, Kewell dribbled his way into the box, shot low but well saved by Caroll. 3 minutes from time Kewell completed the humiliation, Partridge found Cisse outside the box, he tried to score form distance and Caroll saved well but Kewell got onto the rebound and was totally free to slot it in for 5-0!

Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 5 Cisse 11 46 58, Garcia 26, Kewell 87

Man Utd 0

MOM - Cisse

Att: 45356

(4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sexxeh^^:

Justified icon14.gif

I've just read the entire story in a heartbeat and i'm hungry for more icon_biggrin.gif Awesome match reports, great managing skills and verrry nice results icon14.gif

Keep it up mate! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate icon14.gif Sorry to disappiont but there won't be any updates for a few days because I'm starting a new job on Tuesday and then officially my life is over icon_biggrin.gif But I might try to stick in 5-6 tomorrow but no garantees icon14.gif

Flipped back to the original style icon14.gif

Liverpool Make It 26

Saturday 29th January 2005

Ahead of our game against Spurs I decided to give Esposito a little rest so he could adjust a bit to the English style of living. Carragher was still out injured and Pellegrino filled in again beside 'Big Sam'. We're we to win today we'd have 26 wins out of 26 and a step closer to the title.

First Half

Min 5 - Pellegrino took a throw in in Spurs half and threw directly to Garcia but Keane won the header against him. The ball found Cisse who headed it into the box for Gerrard, he tee'd up Hamann inside the box who shot on the half volley! But well wide and wasted.

Min 15 - Keane was fouled outside the box by Pellegrino and free kick to Spurs. Varela lined it up, and struck it! Well wide!

Min 23 - GOAL! Naybet's long ball was headed by Riise to Kewell down the left, he dribbled past Varela and passed it through for Cisse, he controlled the ball well into the box and powered it hard into the back of the net!! He pointed to Kewell as to say "That was for you and that great pass"! 1-0!!

Second Half

Min 47 - GOAL! Riise played a ball down the wing for Kewell, got down the wing without any pressure, crossed into the six yard box from the byeline, Garcia dived onto it!! 2-0!!

To be honest this was a straight forward game and not alot of chances were created. We limited Tottenham to zero shots on target and we did enough to get 2 goals behind Robinson. Kewell however had a really good game and had no problems getting down the left wing.

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2 Cisse 23, Garcia 47

Tottenham 0

MOM - Kewell

Att: 41144

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Riise; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

Tottenham (4-4-2); Robinson; Kelly, Naybet, Bunjevcevic, Gardner; Varela, Mendes, Davis, Reid; Kanoute, Keane

Three MORE YOUNGSTERS TO 'POOL

Monday 31st January 2005

The transfer window closes at midnight tonight and Liverpool revealed their 3 more youngsters to join the ranks. Denni Avdic, Leo Messi and Martin Jensen are all to join the club but some don't join until after the season.

21-year-old Martin Jensen joins the club today from Danish outfit Frem on a 4 year deal. The tall Dane is a product of Frem and spent 4 good years at the club getting 41 appearences for the club in those 4 years. "I join one of the best clubs in the world.", he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I am 21 and have played very well this year in Denmark and now it was time for a move. I understand that I will not get into the first team this year but next year I'll be pushing to get in.". Liverpool have reported to pay 375k for Jensen.

17-year-old Messi won't join the squad until the first of August this year. He preferred a move to Liverpool then stay with his current employer Barcelona. "Big things are happening with Liverpool at the moment under Taylor's management.", said Messi to Marca. "I know Rijkaard wanted me to stay but I want to make my big break in England and Liverpool.". Messi was found in Argentina at 15 years of age and has been through all the ranks of Barcelona and notched up 8 appearences in La Liga so far this season.

16-year-old Avdic joins the Red outfit sooner then Messi in the beginning of July. He is currently at Brondby after coming from Husqvarna in Sweden. Denni is touted to be the next best thing in Sweden and is excited about moving to England and Liverpool. "Who can say no to Liverpool? I had intrest from Spain and Italy but Liverpool were the only ones to contact me and I've been round the club aswell", said the Swede to Danska Dagbladet. "I'll have Gerrard and Alonso to look up to and who better rolemodels can you have then the two best in the world?". Avdic's fee is reckoned to be a 230k compensation.

Djibrilliant, Cisse!

Saturday 5th February 2005

We all know that Cisse was having a good season but his performance today gave cause that he should be playing ahead of Trezeguet in the French National team. Carra was still out but Esposito was back into the team.

First Half

Min 4 - It was West Brom who'd have the first chance. Dudek's poor kick was picked up by Robinson, he found Chaplow outside the Liverpool area, he shot from distance! But straight into Dudek's arm.

Min 7 - Esposito found Cisse down the right flank, Cisse dribbled down to the byline, crossed to the near post, Esposito heads the ball! Wide of the goal!

Min 15 - GOAL! The show had begun! Riise threw in to Hyypia, Sami passed back to Riise who found Cisse with space upfront, Cisse got onto the ball, dribbled past Moore, only the keeper to beat! Dribbled past the keeper!! 1-0!!

Min 37 - Garcia found Kewell out left with a great ball, Kewell cut into the area, squared for Cisse, he hit on the volley! Great save!! It fell to Kewell, crossed in for Garcia, tries his luck from a bad angle! Deflected off Scimeca!! But good save again by Johnsen.

Second Half

Min 48 - GOAL! Cisse's second of the day. Gerrard sliced open WBA's defense with a great ball, Cisse controlled it brilliantly, feinted left, went right past the keeper! 2-0!!

Min 64 - Darren Moore is showed his second yellow and the evening becomes even harder for West Brom.

Min 65 - GOAL!! Cisse played the ball back to Finnan and Finnan returned a 25 yard pass to send Cisse on his way, Cisse was one on one with the keeper, blasted to the top cornor! 3-0!! Cisse's second hattrick this week!!!

Min 68 - New boy Chris Burke found Gaardsoe outside the Liverpool area, checked his options, decides to shoot! Comfortable save for Dudek again.

Min 74 - GOAL!! Guess who? Finnan found Alonso in midfield, he slices the ball out right, beautiful pass! Garcia runs down the right, gets to the byline, crosses into the six yard box, Cisse heads it towards goal!! 4-0!! That makes four for the frenchman!!

Min 79 - Again Cisse is stirring up trouble. Pellegrino lofted a 25 yards to him upfront, this time he tries from outside the box! Hit the bar and over!!

Min 84 - Dudek had to come to the rescue to keep his clean sheet intact. Sakiri found Earnshaw down the flank, Earnshaw went down the right wing, crossed into the six yard box, Dyer was free in the middle! Struck on the half volley!! Dudek turns it over his bar!!

Min 87 - Gerrard trips Chaplow and Clement steps up to take a free kick. But he puts it wide.

Min 90 - Hamann finds Gerrard out left with a 35 yard pass, the skipper takes it down beautifully and aims for the top cornor! High and wide!

Premiership

The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

West Brom 0

Liverpool 4 Cisse 15 48 65 74

MOM - Cisse

Att: 30460

West Brom (4-5-1); Johnsen; Scimeca, Moore, Gaardsoe, Robinson; Burke, Chaplow, Richardson, Wallwork, Dyer; Horsfield

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shooting_Star:

Great story you've got going on there mate, have you not lost a single match all season?!!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet no. Can't promise I won't loose thou icon_wink.gif

Archived