Liverpool - The Sleeping Giant Awakens

Justified

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday 28th May 2005

Chelsea have had the whole 2 weeks off to prepare for this game and we've had one training session since coming back from Istanbul. Unfortionatly Finnan received an injury yesterday and Josemi comes to the rescue again. A win today would see us seal the Quadrouple and would cap a magnificent season for Liverpool FC.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, a bit hungover from Wednesday?

I think it's stupid to have two finals in the space of 4 days. The FA should of scheduled it on Sunday instead.

Are you prepared thou?

We come as prepared as we can. If we loose then i blame the FA and they should take it.

Well surely you rather have won the Champions League then the FA Cup?

No I want to win both. We fought through all the rounds and now we have to play 3 days after the biggest final in the world. I hope they do something for next season.

Good Luck Daniel!

First Half

Min 2 - GOAL! Esposito intercepts a pass from Bridge, he dribbles past Robben, then Bridge, then Terry, he gets into the area, he bares down on Cech, slpis it past Cech's left and 1-0!! What a goal by Esposito! He dribbled past 3 Chelsea players before scoring!

Min 14 - Hyypia tries to find Kewell down the left, Johnson intercepts, he finds Gudjohnsen at the halfway line, he finds Luque down the left flank, gets into the box, he crosses, Dudek punches it! Drogba gets the loose ball, shoots into the empty net! Carra blocks it and clears!

Min 26 - Robben has the ball on the left flank, he finds Luque in the box, he crosses for Drogba, he heads the ball! Dudek punches it! Makalele heads the rebound! Over the bar!

Min 29 - Esposito is in the area, Terry tackles the ball, Gerrard gathers it outside the area, gives it Esposito in the area to the right, he tee's up Kewell to the left, he shoots! Wide!

Min 30 - GOAL!! Dudek takes a goal kick, Cisse heads back to Gerrard, Drogba wins the ball off him, Josemi heads the ball upfield, Cisse heads the ball to the right, Esposito gathers up, dribbles past Bridge, gives it to Cisse who's come short, lays it left to Gerrard, he finds Kewell inside the area to the left, he dribbles past Johnson, he shoots low to Cech's right, 2-0!!

Min 36 - Makalele has a free kick to the right, crosses to the near post, he hits the bar!!

Second Half

Min 47 - GOAL!!! Terry tries to find Gudjohnson down the right, Riise heads the ball to Kewell down the left, he dribbles past Makalele, finds Garcia infield, he finds Esposito on the right edge of the area, he dribbles past Bridge, shoots hard and low! 3-0!!!

Min 64 - Subs: Esposito, Kewell, Gerrard off and Pellegrino, Hamann and Partridge.

Min 72 - GOAL! Partridge in on the right, Bridge takes the ball off him, he finds Duff down the left, he tries to find Kezman down the right, he takes it down well, goes into the box shoots low and hard! 1-3!!

Min 83 - GOAL!!! Partridge comes down the right, dribbles past Bridge, cuts back to Alonso, shoots from outside the area! Cech's beaten! 4-1!!

Min 86 - Bridge to take the throw in on the left, Luque heads the throw in to Lampard outside the area, he plays it back to Bridge, he crosses from deep to Drogba in the box, headed towards goal! Over the bar!

Min 90 + 1 - Josemi throws the ball back into play, Partridge wins a header against Bridge, Terry gathers the ball, he finds Luque down the left wing, he cuts infield, finds Drogba outside the area, shoots from 25 yards out! Well well wide!

LIVERPOOL HAVE WON THE FA CUP!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Well you've done it Mr Taylor, You've won the Quadrouple in your first season as Liverpool manager, how does it feel?

Fabulous. I promised myself these cups and now I got them and next year I have to defend them.

That means your staying?

Yes, you guys have been wondering for a while and yes I'm on for another year.

Only one year?

You'll know in time why but I have discussed with Moores and one year is all I want.

4-1 today, that's a right thrashing. What can you say baout the game?

As you said, thrashing, Mourinho does'nt know what hit him and now I hold all the peices of the pie and now I'm going ot eat them. The match today was one sided and Chelsea have some work to do.

See you next season!

Will do!

FA Cup Final

Millenium Stadium, Cardiff

Liverpool 4 Esposito 2 47, Kewell 30, Alonso 83

Chelsea 1 Kezman 72

MOM - Esposito

Att: 72475

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Chelsea (4-3-3); Cech; Johnson, Terry, Carvalho, Bridge; Makalele, Lampard, Robben; Drogba, Luque, Gudjohnsen

TAYLOR : I AM STAYING

Sunday 29th May 2005

Liverpool manager revealed yesterday that he had signed another years extension on his contract. Moores confirmed that he wanted Taylor for at least another 2 years but Taylor said no. He has signed a new 1 year contract almost earning 5 times more then he did this year. The English man was paid £6k a week last year, this year he'll be earning £38k a week which is a big diffrence.

"Initially I offered Daniel a five year contract because I knew what he was about and I wanted to secure a future for Liverpool Football Club", said Moores. "But one year is fine for me if that's what he wants then fine. Obviously he has said that he would tell me early on next season if he planning on leaving.".

"I have said to Moores I only want a 1 year contract because I don't see myself staying my whole manager career at Liverpool Football Club.", explained the Liverpool boss. "Don't get me wrong. Liverpool is the club in my heart and I'd love to end my career here but at the moment I want more challenges." "I don't know where I'll be going after this year. I might stay, I might go. Not even I know because it depends on the circumstances. I only know that if next year we have the same success as this season then I'll be leaving."

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justified:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 5th | | Tottenham | | 38 | 17 | 12 | 9 | 57 | 36 | +21 | 63 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to see this happening next season.

I doubt I'll be writing more on this story.. atm I have left Liverpool after the second season and now in my fourth in total with Blackburn. They were balancing dangerously over the line and fired Mark Hughes after I won the Champions League with Liverpool for the second time. I came 2nd in the Prem and won the FA and League Cup in my first season with them after some good cheap buys and now in the second season with them I'm undefeated after 10 games in the Prem and have a good grip on my CL group..

Archived