Liverpool - The Sleeping Giant Awakens

Justified

Don't Throw Stones In Crystal Palaces

Saturday 12th February 2005

With the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge around the cornor, I decided to chance and give the reserves a bit of game time. Le Tallec was back from St Ettiene and was set to shine at Anfield.

First Half

Min 8 - Welsh's cross from the left found Morientes on the box, he hit on the volley!! Kiraly saves brilliantly!!

Min 15 - GOAL! Esposito gets down the left, he dribbles past Lakis, then he dribbles past Boyce, finds Le Tallec in the box, shoots hard to the top cornor!! 1-0!!! Great skills by both Esposito and Le Tallec.

Min 20 - Esposito's cornor almost goes into the back of the net but 'Baggy Trousers Kiraly' tips it over the bar and prevents it going in from the cornor.

Min 43 - Le Tallec gets down the right, finds Welsh outside the box, he advances a yard or two and strikes towards goal! Comfortable save for Kiraly.

Min 45 - Le Tallec's got a cornor on the right, lefts it into the box, Welsh wins a header against Boyce, heads towards goal! Over the bar!

Second Half

Min 61 - Esposito get's down the left flank, holds the ball well, finds Le Tallec outside the area, Le Tallec gets into the box, shoots!! Kiraly saves brilliantly again!

Min 63 - Everything is involving the young Le Tallec, he finds Welsh inside the Palace half, Welsh advances with the ball, shoots from range!! Good save by Kiraly.

Min 75 - Ventola passes back to Routledge, he carries on down the right, looks for Rihilahti centrally, the finn lays it out right for Ventola, he takes the ball forward, shoots from outside the box! Sidenetting!

Min 79 - Riise, now playing the left, centred the ball, Hall headed clear. Welsh gathers it up outside the box, shoots! Wide!

Min 88 - Alonso gathers up a ball outside the area, rifles in a half volley! Blocked by Watson, Welsh gathers up the ball on the right, crosses it into the box, Kiraly fists away! Alonso gets the rebound outside the box, curls it towards goal!! Hits the post!!

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 1 Le Tallec 13

Crystal Palace 0

MOM - Le Tallec

Att: 40907

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Biscan, Traore; Hamann; Le Tallec, Welsh, Garcia, Esposito; Morientes

Crystal Palace (4-4-2); Kiraly; Boyce, Hall, Popovic, Borrowdale; Lakis, Watson, Rihilahti, Zecke; Shipperly, Ventola

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Djibrilliant Cisse icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

call me weird but i've got Y.N.W.A. playing in the background whenever i'm reading this icon_rolleyes.gif

would be nice to see the league table after all these games, if it's not too much trouble icon_smile.gif and what happened to the interview part?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sexxeh^^:

Djibrilliant Cisse icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

call me weird but i've got Y.N.W.A. playing in the background whenever i'm reading this icon_rolleyes.gif

would be nice to see the league table after all these games, if it's not too much trouble icon_smile.gif and what happened to the interview part? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only had the interview part on the TV coverage games but missed a few out by mistake but they'll be back next time round, I promise icon14.gif

I can't give the league table because I'm already halfway through the second season, stupid me icon_mad.gif But I have the final one thou icon14.gif

Looks like a good tactic you've got there, any chance you could post it in the tactic forum?

Great story as well, one of the best I have read and possibly the only one on here I have been bothered to read all the way through!

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FF15:

Looks like a good tactic you've got there, any chance you could post it in the tactic forum?

Great story as well, one of the best I have read and possibly the only one on here I have been bothered to read all the way through!

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be perfectly honest it's been a mix depending on who's been available to my team but it's always a 4141 (or 451)..

I'll be posting more at the weekend because I'm too focking tired to write after work icon_biggrin.gif

Reds Debutant Keeps Reds Run Going

Wednesday 16th February 2005

I had a full squad to pick from and they were fully rested for the important game away to Chelsea. But it was to be a special night for a youngster who saved us from loosing at Stamford Bridge.

First Half

Min 2 - The first chance fell to us. Finnan cleared out of the area to Esposito on the right, he dribbled past two men down the right flank, he found Gerrard centrally who had loads of space, he picked out Cisse infront of the box, he dribbled past Gallas, shot low! Cech punched it away!

Min 29 - Carragher fouled Luque outside the edge of the box. Drogba lined up the freekick, he bent it over the wall! Good save by Dudek!

Min 30 - Duff knicked the ball off of Finnan, he took the ball down the left, crossed to the other side to Drogba, he backheeled a yard to Makalele who passed it through back to Drogba, he was free on goal! Shoots low! Great save by Dudek!

Min 38 - Gallas won a header against Cisse, he head down the right for Drogba, he found Luque down the right flank, he took the ball into the box, curled it towards the far cornor of the net! Great save again by Dudek!!

Min 45 - Liverpool are pushed back, Garcia's clearence only goes as far as Lampard outside the box, he finds Makalele in the box, he shoots! Straight at Dudek!

Second Half

Min 48 - Cisse has it down the right flank, he finds Gerrard centrally, again he hads loads of space, goes by himself, shoots from 20 yards out! Comfortable save by Cech.

Min 59 - GOAL! Bridge gathered up a loose ball inside the Liverpool half, cuts in, finds Lampard in the box, he's free inside the area! Dudek comes to smother it but Lampard slides it under him and it also takes a deflection off of Carra and the bull stumbles into the back fo the net, 1-0 to Chelsea.

Min 61 - Cisse came off to be replaced by the debutant Magnus Mycklebust.

Min 65 - Hyypia's free kick found Mycklebust upfront, he takes it down beautifully, gets inbetween Gallas and Carvalho, shoots! Just wide of the post!

Min 69 - Again Liverpool are pushed right back, Ferreira gathers up a loose ball on the right flank, aims for Lampard in the box, headed away by Carra, gathered up by Duff just outside, he shoots! But it's too weak and easy for Dudek to gather.

Min 72 - Subs, Esposito and Garcia off and Partridge and Hamann on.

Min 76 - GOAL!! And it was the norweigan debutant! Carragher cuts out Duff's cornor, finds Gerrard by the halfway line, Gerrard's marker Ferreira slips and now Gerrard can move down the right flank, finds a joining Partridge, he lays a great through ball through for Mycklebust, he gets into the box, rounds Cech, applies the finish! 1-1!! Remember that name!! Magnus Mycklebust scores against Chelsea in his debut!

Min 79 - Gerrard had a golden chance to score to take a lead but misses. Hamann's free kick found him inside the box, he twist and turned, shoots! But just wide of Cech's post.

Min 83 - Bridge throw in finds Gudjohnsen on the right flank, crosses into the box, cleared by Carra, Gallas gathers up 30 yards out, hits it! Well over the bar!

Min 86 - Tiago's free kick is floated into the box, header by Lampard! Puts it over the bar!

Premiership

Stamford Bridge, London

Chelsea 1 Lampard 59

Liverpool 1 Mycklebust 76

MOM - Dudek

Att: 42413

Chelsea (4-3-3); Cech; Ferreira, Gallas, Terry, Bridge; Makalele, Lampard, Duff; Drogba, Luque, Robben

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

'Pool Grab A Draw In Bremen

Wednesday 23rd February 2005

With the draw at Stamford Bridge we came with high confidence. We knew that we only needed to win against Norwich in the next league game and the league would be ours. But first we needed to grab a result in Bremen and after that we had Everton in the League Cup Final. Full strength today in Germany and we'd get a result we wanted.. at least anyway..

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Back to European action now, you said when you drawed Bremen that they were good at home, still stand by it?

Yeah they are good at home but we are not going to let them win. I have told the lads today that anything resulting in a loss is unacceptable. We have'nt lost all season so this should'nt be too hard for them.

It's Esposito's first ever European match, when you bought him were you aware he could play in the Champions League?

Of course I did, every team playing in Europe wants his players to play in Europe and we knew when buying Esposito we'd be getting another great player for the Champions League.

Magnus Mycklebust, what can you say about him?

Well he scored in London and I know he is very promising but he still needs to develop some more. Who knows, he is on the bench today and maybe he'll come on today.

Good luck as always Daniel!

Cheers!

First Half

Min 12 - Gerrard has the ball in the centre of the park, get's past Baumann, finds Garcia infront of the area, curvs it towards goal! But Reinke sees it all the way and saves.

Min 16 - Gerrard has again the ball in the centre, finds Garcia again, he floats outside the area totally unmarked, goes out wide left, finds Gerrard infront of the area, hits it on the half volley! Well well well wide..

Min 22 - Finnan cut out a pass, finds Gerrard upfield, holds onto the ball, finds Kewell out left, he cuts infield, runs to the right with the ball, throughs it for Cisse, he's free on goal! Belts it! Well over the bar! Terrible..

Min 23 - Garcia has the ball centrally, one two's with Kewell, he's into the box, shoots low! Save easily by Reinke.

Min 25 - Riise cuts out a pass, heads to Garcia by the halfway line, passes out left to Kewell, he dribbles past Tiffert, crosses from the byeline, header near post by Cisse! Wide!

Min 27 - Baumann tripped Cisse 30 yards out. Garcia lines it up. He goes for goal from that range! But it sails harmlessly over the bar.

Min 39 - Reinke's goalkick is headed down by Alonso, he finds Kewell out left, he cuts in passes to Gerrard, lays off to Garcia, he's free just outside the box, curls it towards goal! Punched away by Reinke! Great save!

Min 40 - Riise wins a header against Klose, he finds Kewell out left, he passes centrally to Garcia, curls it towards goal again! Comfortable save by Reinke.

Min 45 + 1 - Garcia has it down the left, finds Kewell infield, turns on the ball, tees up Gerrard outside the box, one time shot by Gerrard! Good save by Reinke.

Min 45 + 3 - Bremen's first chance fell to Klasnic. Cornor by Ernst found him in the six yard box, he heads it! Just wide of Dudek's post.

I was quite disappionted by the quality of finishing. 10 shots towards goal and 5 on goal and no goal. I had a right go at the lads and told them that they have to take their chances otherwise we won't go far in this tournament.

Second Half

Min 51 - Riise gathers up a ball in the Liverpool half, hits a long ball past the Bremen defense for Cisse to run on, great ball by Riise! Cisse get's onto it, he has run away from the Bremen defense, bares down on goal, shoots! Over the bar! I was going beserk at the touchline, this was not acceptable. I told Mycklebust to warm up.

Min 58 - Finnan cuts out Ernst long ball, head to Esposito, he found Gerrard infield, Esposito gets the ball back down the right, he dribbles into the box, finds Cisse at the near post, he's free on goal, shoots! Over the bar!!

Min 60 - Alonso sweeps up infront of the backline, finds Cisse upfront, he tees up Garcia 30 yards out, curls it towards goal! Good save by Reinke!

Min 63 - That was it, subs on! Cisse, Esposito and Garcia off, Hamann, Mycklebust and Partridge on.

Min 75 - Finnan cut out yet another long ball, found Alonso centrally, laid off to his right to Gerrard, he throughs it for Mycklebust, he gets past the Bremen defense, shoots! Over the bar. This was unbelievable..

Min 78 - Partridge intercepts a pass from Klasnic, he finds Alonso in the centre of the park, he pings a ball past Fahrenhorst where Mycklebust found space, he bares down on Reinke, but his shot is poor and stright into the keepers arms.

Min 82 - Mycklebust runs down the left, holds onto it, waits for men to run into the box, picks out Gerrard in the six yard box, headed towards goal!! Over the bar!

Min 86 - Tiffert knicks the ball off of Kewell, finds Klose outside the box, passes to his right to Micoud who sets up Klasnic in the box, he's free in the box! Shoots! Well over the bar!

Min 88 - Mohr wins a header against Kewell, heads down to Tiffet, he finds Hunt on the otherside of the pitch, he dribbles down the left, finds Klasnic in the box, hit on the half-volley! Just wide of the post!

Full Time

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, you look frustrated.

I am. I am very very unhappy by the finishing display of my players this evening. 21 shots towards goal, on 7 on target and their goalkeeper could'nt of had an easier day. I told them at halftime that this was not good enough.

You did however get a draw and away from home that is surely good?

Yes of course but it does'nt reflect the domination here tonight and they should be lucky to get this result whereas I am a bit unhappy about it.

Tired legs maybe?

That is no excuse. The players are not tired, they are very fit and have been on a very well planned rotation system and should not be tired.

Maybe either the League Cup Final or the Norwich game is in the back of their minds?

Again it's not an excuse, this is the biggest tournament in the world for clubs and today they showed no passion. And to top it Bremen could of nicked a winner with those two chances at the end.

Everton next thou, will you be hoping your players are more motivated?

Yes if another one of these displays are shown then the players will know about it.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round Leg 1

Weserstadion, Bremen

Werder Bremen 0

Liverpool 0

MOM - Reinke

Att: 42909

Werder Bremen (4-1-2-1-2); Reinke; Pasanen, Fahrenhorst, Ismael, Schulz; Baumann; Tiffert, Ernst; Micoud; Klose, Klasnic

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Cisse Double Seals First Silverware

Sunday 27th February 2005

Again a full strength team to field and the players were really up to it. This was no ordinary final, it was a rivals final and surely it would be battle towards the end. Last time these two met in the Carling Cup final was 1984 and Liverpool were victorious. That was also the only time these two teams met.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, this could be the first silverware this season, confident?

Yes, as always. Everton are going to have to put in a great performance to beat us but this will not happen because we are the better team and Moyes should concentrate on the league instead.

Moyes said before that Everton will thrash you today.

I'll let my players decide that and I think Moyes will find he is bound to loose today.

What happens if the match looks like the one in Bremen?

I can assure you that won't happen.

First Half

Min 8 - Yobo finds Katan out wide, he goes down the byeline, crosses into the box, headed away by Carra, Beattie shoots from outside the box! Great shot-stop by Dudek!!

Min 14 - Esposito fouled Katan out on the right. Watson's free kick was sent into the box, Osman heads towards goal! Great save again by Dudek!

Min 26 - Katan has the ball on the left, passes back to Watson, he finds Carsley outside the box, shot from the edge of the area! Comfortable save by Dudek.

Min 28 - Kewell crosses into the box, headed away by Stubbs, Garcia gathers up, turns, curls it towards goal! But it goes wide!

Min 30 - Carra fouled Beattie 30 yards out. Arteta lined up the free-kick. Tried from range! Dudek decided to punch it away!

Second Half

Min 47 - GOAL!! Esposito's cornor was headed away by Watson. Riise gathers up the ball and gives it back to Esposito down the left, he dribbles into the box, finds Cisse at the near post, he powers in a header! 1-0!! Great goal!! Cardiff explodes into a big red party!! Get in there!

Min 55 - Finnan wins a header against Katan, heads to Esposito, he dribbles down the right, finds Cisse in the box, he shots from the edge of the penalty box! Wide! Esposito leaved the pitch and Partridge entered

Min 65 - Subs: Pellegrino came on for Kewell and Garcia off for Hamann.

Min 70 - GOAL!! Katan fouled Hyypia 35-40 yards outside the box. Gerrard's free kick was headed back by Cisse. Gerrard sets Cisse through, he bares down on goal, powers in a shot! It went thorugh the legs of Wright and 2-0!! Now the party is on! Surely they've won it now!!

Min 83 - Partridge's cornor was hit into the six yard box, Hyypia won a header against Cahill, he heads towards goal!! Just over the bar!

Full Time! Liverpool Are Carling Cup Winners!!

When Rob Styles blew the whistle the Liverpool fans went crazy! The players all piled up into a big pile with Cisse the unlucky sod to be the one at the bottom. I ran out to the pitch and congratulated my players on a job well down. As I looked around the stadium I could see Everton fans laying all over the pitch, exhausted, tired and upset. The Everton fans on one side of the stadium were making their way out, some stayed and could'nt believe it. My players started to run around the stadium clapping and showing their gratitude to tha fans.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW WITH DJIBRIL CISSE

Djibril, how does it feel?

Oh it's fantastic! I came to Liverpool to win titels and cup and this is the first of many I hope

Two goals today and a 30 in total so far this season, that can only count as a success as your first season in England

Ah well this is a team and there is no I in team. I am happy i've scored goals for this team as this is the only team I would even consider playing for, they are the best in my eyes!

Bought by Houllier, greeted by Benitez but trained under Taylor, who do you thank most?

There is no most. They all played a part in my career as did Roux in Auxerre. Houllier found me, Benitez was only here a few days but gave advice I can keep and Taylor, well, he is the best manager in my eyes and shows believe in players and keeps a tight ship.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW WITH HARRY KEWELL

Harry, you were namned man of the match, how does it feel?

Well no this was a team effort. I think we were bad the first 45 but we came out in the second half and showed our colours and Djibril scored his goals. I don't think I was any better then those all those players on the pitch in a red shirt.

You were written off as a flop under Houllier, you've kind of revived under Taylor?

I got to a stage in my life when I felt the passion was leaving my soul for football but Taylor helped me find it and now I feel better then ever and in shape.

More titles to come?

Definatly, we will take home the other 3 cups and be the best team in the world and deserve it!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW WITH DANIEL TAYLOR

Taylor, first silverware, how does it feel?

Great! I know alot of people say this is a Mickey Mouse cup but in the end it's a cup and now Liverpool have won it 8 times since it started.

You could seal the league next weekend to complete a perfect week.

Yes but we have a matter of beating Newcastle first in the FA Cup 5th round and then we'll take the title at Carrow Road.

And to beat Everton must of been the cream of the crop?

There is no better feeling then beating your local rivals in a cup and infront of these fans in this big stadium is amazing.

Carling Cup Final

Millenium Stadium, Cardiff

Liverpool 2 Cisse 47 70

Everton 0

MOM - Kewell

Att: 72842

Everton (4-2-3-1); Wright; Hibbert, Yobo, Stubbs, Pistone; Arteta, Carsley; Watson, Osman, Katan; Beattie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justified:

POST MATCH INTERVIEW WITH JOSE MOURINHO

Mourinho, first silverware, how does it feel?

Great! I know alot of people say this is a Mickey Mouse cup but in the end it's a cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif

Pool Score Three To Send Newcastle Out Of FA Cup

Wednesday 2nd March 2005

After the very tough week with matches against Chelsea, Everton and Bremen I decided to rest some players. Traore, Biscan, Pellegrino, Biscan and Hamann all made the starting XI against Newcastle at Anfield.

First Half

Min 5 - GOAL! Did'nt take long for the Carling Cup winner Cisse to score. Hamann intercepted a Newcastle free kick in the Liverpool half and set Esposito down the right wing, he dribbled past Elliot, throughed it for Cisse, he bore down on goal and slotted home an easy goal! 1-0!! Great start!

Min 13 - Carr wins a header against Kewell, he sends Brennan down the right wing, he finds Shearer on the edge of the box, Shearer shoots! Well wide!

Min 15 - O'Brien's cornor is headed out by Hyypia, O'Brien gathers up, finds Butt outside the box, he curls towards goal! Dudek saves brilliantly!

Min 20 - GOAL! Biscan scores his first ever goal for Liverpool! Hamann had a free kick on the halfway line, he found Biscan unmarked outside the box, he took the ball down and struck it beautifully past Given! What a strike! 2-0!!

Min 29 - Biscan dived outside the penalty box and got a free kick on the halfcircle. Garcia stepped up, struck it past the wall! But it went high and wide!

Min 33 - Carr's free kick finds Brennan on the right, he crosses, but it's deflected off Traore, it bobbles to Kluivert outside the area, he lays off for O'Brien and strikes from 30 yards! Well well wide..

Min 39 - GOAL! Josemi headed the ball down for Pellegrino, he passed back to Dudek, he finds Garcia in the centre of the park, Garcia curls a ball out to the left, what a pass! It sets Kewell up beautifully! He bares down on goal, dribbles past Given, slides it into the open net! 3-0!! His fifth of the season!

Second Half

Min 51 - Subs: Garcia, Kewell and Cisse off. Mycklebust, Welsh and Partridge on.

Min 53 - Biscan finds Esposito out right with a great pass, Esposito dribbles past Elliot, crosses for Mycklebust, headed away from O'Brien, Esposito heads it to Hamann outside the box, he curls it towards goal! But Given is equal to it!

Min 67 - Partridge's cornor is headed away by O'Brien, it goes out to Carr, but Partridge knicks the ball back off him, aims for Mycklebust, headed away, Wlesh gathers up outside the box, shoots! Wide!

Min 78 - Josemi wins a header against Kluivert, heads down to Carragher, he lays off to Biscan, he passes back to Dudek, he's long ball finds Esposito on the right flank, he dribbles towards goal, dribbles past Hughes, shoots low! Foot parry by Given! Good save!

Min 79 - Welsh wins the ball against Carr, Partridge gathers up, passes back to Welsh, he passes back to Partridge down the left flank, goes ot the byline, crosses ot the far post, strong header by Esposito! Great save by Given!

FA Cup Fifth Round

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 3 Cisse 5, Biscan 20, Kewell 39

Newcastle 0

MOM - Esposito

Att: 44553

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Pellegrino, Traore; Biscan; Esposito, Hamann, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Newcastle (4-4-2); Given; Carr, O'Brien, Boumsong, Elliott; Brennan, Butt, Faye, O'Brien; Shearer, Kluivert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kennedy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justified:

Great! I know alot of people say this is a Mickey Mouse cup but in the end it's a cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am the special one icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kennedy:

I am the special one icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

We know icon_biggrin.gif

Liverpool Seal Title At Carrow Road

Sunday 6th March 2005

I decided to rest some players even in this game since the next was against Bremen and i needed some rested players. Traore, Pellegrino, Josemi, Biscan, Welsh and Partridge start against 20th placed Norwich in a match between top and bottom that could decided both fates.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, today could be the day you seal the title and it looks as if this will be the day.

On paper yes, in my mind yes, in the fans minds yes and I think even the Norwich players know were going to win.

Worthington has backed you to seal it here and even said he is grateful that there could be a big party in Norwich tonight.

I understand that Nigel's task today is a big ask but I'm not at all envious of his task to keep Norwich up even thou I could of probably managed it.

Not a full team today, is it full concentration on Bremen in the week?

You could say that, we need to be fit for that match since it's very important to win the Champions League.

First Half

Min 7 - Partridge heads a ball down to Welsh, he finds Gerrard outside the box, he test's Green from 25 yards with a curling shot! Good save by the Norwich keeper!

Min 10 - Welsh has the ball past the halfway line, he passes down the right for Partridge, he gets to the byline crosses into the box, Cisse is free on goal! Tame shot and easily saved by Green.

Min 16 - Helveg knicks the ball off Riise, passes down the line for Jonson, he crosses into the box, header by Safri! Well wide..

Min 21 - Pellegrino's free kick goes to Traore, he finds Gerrard upfield, he backtracks, finds Biscan centrally, he passes one touch to Riise on the left, he finds Cisse in the box with a cross, header by Cisse! Wide!

Min 28 - Josemi heads the ball clear to Cisse, he runs upfield with the ball, he finds Riise on the left, he crosses to Partrige on the other side of the penalty box, hit on the half volley by Partridge! Horrible effort.. It almost hits the cornor flag.

Min 29 - GOAL! Well.. Everyone was just waiting for it and it came. Traore passes back to Dudek, he hits it long, Cisse wins a header against Helveg,heads down to Welsh and runs forward, Welsh troughs it to Cisse who's free on goal, bares down on Green, Norwich defenders chasing him, he rounds Green easily, slots it into the back of the net, 1-0!

Min 37 - Jonson has the ball on the right, passes to Francis infield, lays off for McKenzie, he back heels back to Francis, he shoots from distance! Deflects off Hyypia! But easily saved by Dudek.

Second Half

Halftime sub, Partridge comes off for Le Tallec.

Min 46 - GOAL!! Traore cuts out a pass, heads down to Riise, he one two's with Gerrard, finds Cisse down the left flank, he dribbles along the byline, hits it near post, header by Welsh! 2-0!! It's surely in the bag now!

Min 57 - Subs: Cisse and Riise off, Morientes and Finnan on.

Min 58 - Le Tallec has a free kick on the left. He lines it up, strikes it! But it went wide and high over the bar.

Min 79 - Josemi has the ball on the right, finds Finnan on the left edge of the box, he strikes it back to the right flank for Josemi, he goes ot the byline, cut back to Welsh outside the area, shoots from range! Wide!

Min 86 - Welsh gathers up the ball, finds Biscan behind him, Biscan passes out right for Le Tallec, he brings it down well, strikes it towards goal! Well over the bar!

That's It! Liverpool Are The Premiership Winners!

The whole team come onto the pitch, some wearing suits others still in their match kits. They walk over to the travelling Liverpool fans and start spraying champagne, throwing their kit into the crowd. I walk over to Worthington and shake his hand, he told me a qiuck congratulations and I told him good luck in keeping Norwich up even thou this win made it look very bleak for them. Before joining my players I shook the hands of the Norwich players and thanked them for a good game and then it was time to join in the party!

The players, staff and fans were all one on this particular day. The thought that I put Liverpool back on the map was in my mind but the FA Cup and Champions League were still looming around in the back of my mind. The League cup and League were only half of what I wanted. I wanted European domination and leave this club like a steady Yacht on the Atlantic and not an illusion of a giant which easily could be punchered and sunk, like the Titanic.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Congratulations, you are premiership champions 2005

Thank you, it feels great and a relief that we finally did it and now can concentrate fully on the FA and Champions Cup.

It was 15 years ago last Liverpool won it and now it's the 19th time Liverpool won it and still hold the most league wins

Yes this club has got great history and what we achieve only adds to it but now everyone can see that this team means business.

make sure you bring that European Trophy back to England

Don't worry, the cup will come and stay at Liverpool

Premiersip

Carrow Road, Norwich

Norwich 0

Liverpool 2 Cisse 29, Welsh 46

MOM - Cisse

Att: 24267

Norwich (4-4-2); Green; Helveg, Fleming, Schnoor, Drury; Jonson, Francis, Safri, Bentley; Jarvis, McKenzie

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Pellegrino, Hyypia, Traore; Biscan; Partridge, Welsh, Gerrard, Riise; Cisse

I am the special one icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Special Needs more like icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Special Needs more like icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please leave this thread alone icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Special Needs more like icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please leave this thread alone icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, I am waiting for the next installment - I paid good money for this subscription icon_biggrin.gif

Look, I am waiting for the next installment - I paid good money for this subscription icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You paid fook all icon_biggrin.gif This is all charity and at the moment charity is having a break icon_biggrin.gif

*pokes justified with long stick*

Heeheeheeheehee. Your story is getting ruined just like mine. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point that thing somewhere else please.. icon_biggrin.gif

Reds Get Through To Quater Finals

Wednesday 9th March 2005

Now that we could focus entirely on the FA and Champions cup we have a small matter of seeing off Bremen. The last game was a total domination from my team but failed to score and I will not except a zero in our goal colomn tonight. Sami Hyypia could'nt make it after picking up a knock after the Norwich game. The always reliable Pellegrino comes in to replace him.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, important game tonight, how do you see it going?

Depends on their goalie. If he plays like he did last week then it will only be the odd goal tonight I think.

No Hyypia tonight, is that a big blow?

I would'nt say big blow but it is a blow. He brings professionalism to the back four and is a leader. Now it's up to Carra and Pellegrino to hold the line. But I'm confident that they'll do well.

Do you think you can do the tripple?

No. I believe we can win all four trophies and be victorious at the end of this season.

First Half

Min 14 - GOAL! Great start! Hamann takes a throw in on the left, throws to Kewell, he lays off to his left to Riise, he corsses but it deflects off a defender and goes outside the halfcircle, gathered up by Esposito, he goes into the box, powers it!! 1-0!! The goalkeeper could never of stopped it!

Min 26 - Pellegrino wins a header against Klose, heads it down to Garcia on the halfway line, finds Kewell out left, he dribbles down the left flank, he passes right to Garcia on the edge of the area, he bends it towards goal! But it bends disappiontingly the wrong way.

Min 37 - Garcia is fouled outside the area by Fahrenhorst. Kewell takes the free-kick quickly to Hamann outside the area, he blasted first time towards the top cornor! Over the bar!

Min 39 - Fahrenhorst finds Klose with a long ball down the right. He dribbles into the area, shoots! Straight at Dudek.

Second Half

Min 59 - Cornor by Kewell. Hits near post to Cisse, he passes back to Kewell, he finds Esposito inside the box, he can only head it out to Pellegrino, he finds Hamman outside the box, he squares for Garcia, bends towards goal!! Over the bar..

Min 63 - Subs: Esposito and Cisse out. Le Tallec and Morientes on.

Min 65 - Dudek throws long to Le Tallec, he gets to the halfway line, sets off Morientes down the center with a good pass, he shoots from outside the area! Weak.. very weak..

Min 69 - Traore came on for Kewell.

Min 80 - Mohr finds Klose outside the area with a free kick, he holds off Pellegrino with strength, turns around him, shoots from just outside the box! Comfortable save by Dudek.

Min 86 - Finnan intercepts a pass, heads to Le Tallec, dribbles down the right flank, lays back for Gerrard, he backheels to Garcia, he hits it one time over the Bremen defense to Le Tallec, he bares down on Reinke, shoots low! Wide!

Min 88 - Shulz finds Klose upfront, he dribbles towards the box, holds off Alonso and then Carra, Pellegrino tackles the ball off him. It falls to Jensen, he shoots from the edge of the area! Wide!

Min 89 - Finnan gathers up the ball, finds Gerrard by the halfway line, pings it down the center for Morientes, he shoots from outside the box! Saved by Reinke!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

You did it, your through to the next round, this has been som exiciting weeks for Reds fans

I agree, in 2 weeks we have won the league cup, the league and now were into the quater finals of the Champions League.

How did you feel about the match tonight?

It felt a bit locked today with really no clear cut chances but we managed to get the lead early on.

Birmingham next in the FA Cup, I bet you fancy your chances there aswell?

Definatly. As I have said we can focus more on the FA and Champions cup now we've won the league and even see what sme youngsters can do in the league.

Champions League First Knockout Round Leg 2

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 1 Esposito 14

Werder Bremen 0

MOM - Esposito

Att: 40435

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegrino, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Werder Bremen (4-1-2-1-2); Reinke; Pasanen, Ismael, Fahrenhorst, Schulz; Baumann; Tiffert, Ernst; Micoud; Klose, Klasnic

Brum Can't Stop 'Pool FA Cup Run

Saturday 12th March 2005

Alonso and Hyypia could'nt make the short trip to Birmingham but Hamann and Pellegrino we're sure to keep Birmingham out.

We'd drawn Inter in the next round of the Champions League whilst Roma meets Real Madrid, Milan took on FC Bayern and Juventus host Barcelona. Inter we're the favorites to advance to the next round and to be honest it was a big task to overcome them. The first leg was at the San Siro.

First Half

Min 2 - Lazaridis has the ball on the left, finds Blake on the left side of the area, Blake is tackled by Finnan, Lazaridis gathers up the ball at the edge of the area, shoots! Wide and high..

Min 6 - Finnan fouled Blake inside the Liverpool half. Nafti passed forward to Blake outside the area, tee'd up Johnson, he shoots! Wide of the post!

Min 9 - Clapham throws the ball to Blake, he takes the ball down the left, he finds Nafti free outside the box, he shoots! Weak shot and easy for Dudek to save.

Min 14 - Esposito finds Cisse up front, he lays off first time down the right to set up Esposito, he dribbles down along the byline, crosses low to Cisse, Cisse pokes it! Taylor makes a comfortable save!

Min 23 - Kewell takes the ball down the left, cuts inwards, through balls it into the area to Cisse, he shoots low! Wide and tame shot..

Min 27 - GOAL! Riise threw a ball into the area for Esposito, he jumps with Upson, Upson shoves him out of the way! The ref blows for a penalty!! Hamann steps up to take it... shots low and left... Taylor dives to his right but can't save it! 1-0!!

Second Half

Min 49 - Garcia found Gerrard centrally, he spreads play out left to Kewell, he crosses along the penalty area to Esposito, he takes it into the box, shoots! Straight at Taylor and easily saved.

Min 53 - GOAL! Hamann wins the ball off Nafti at the centre circle, passes forward to Kewell, he lays off to Garcia outside the area, a quick triangle pass from Garcia to Gerrard and finally to Cisse inside the box set's him up free in the box, he tries to take it round Taylor, chips it over him, 2-0!!

Min 56 - Melchiot too a throw in on the right, threw to Nafti, he found Clapham on the other side of the pitch, he held onto it, found Nafti outside the area, he shoots! Good save by Dudek!

Min 60 - Subs: Kewell and Esposito off, Partridge and Welsh on.

Min 62 - Johnson finds Lazaridis on the left flank, he looks for his options, sqaures for Dunn outside the area, shoots! Wide!

Min 68 - Cisse off for 'El Moro'.

Min 83 - Dunn finds Johnson out wide on the right, he tries and cross into the box for Morrison, it deflects off of Riise, Hamann clears, Johnson gets it back, crosses again looking for Morrison, he heads it! Over the bar!

Min 87 - Lazaridis gathers up the ball, sends it forward for Gray, he wins the header against Finnan, heads down for Blake outside the area, he hits it first time towards goal! Well wide!

Min 90 - GOAL! Morrison knicked the ball off of Hamann, laid back for Blake, passes first time to Gray, he advanced with the ball, through balled it for Morrison, he was clean on goal! Dudek comes out and Morrison slides it past him, 1-2! Too late for Birmingham thou..

FA Cup Sixth Round

St. Andrews, Birmingham

Birmingham 1 Morrison 90

Liverpool 2 Hamann pen 27, Cisse 53

MOM - Gerrard

Att: 29992

Birmingham (4-4-2); Taylor; Melchiot, Webster, Upson, Clapham; Johnson, Dunn, Nafti, Lazaridis; Heskey, Blake

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Pellegirno, Riise; Hamann; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

dont mean to be pain in the arse, but what about the league table pic? icon_biggrin.gif and i'm sure i'm not the only one who wants to get his hands upon your tactics and maybe try to copy your success with Pool? icon_biggrin.gif

anyways, congrats on winning the league and KUTGW icon14.gif

I think he said earlier he doesn't have a screenshot of the league table till after the season has finished so you will need to wait till then I reckon.

I am sure for a small fee he will let you see his tactic icon_biggrin.gif

ok i give up icon_biggrin.gif tried to copy your success but i cant do anything right with my Pool side. tbh i was doing much better with Pool couple of weeks ago when i was a total FM noob :] well, gonna play with my beloved Dinamo Zagreb again icon_smile.gif keep up with the story though icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wacal:

This story is great, and thx to the layout I have patience to read everything. Keep it up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon14.gif

More should come tomorrow seeing as I have a day off work icon_smile.gif

Reds Drop Points At Home To Blackburn

Saturday 19th March 2005

Yes it's true. We dropped points at 'Fort Anfield' but it did'nt bother me. After all, I had put my faith in my second string of players and would do for the rest of the 8 games remaining just to keep my starting XI fit and well. Hamill and Jensen were two youngsters set to start and there were plenty more on the bench aswell.

First Half

Min 9 - GOAL! Our first attack leads to our first goal. Welsh took a throw in on the left, found Hamann, he passed back to Welsh down the left flank, crossed to the near post, Le Tallec headed the ball towards goal! 1-0!

Min 17 - Savage is awarded a free kick 30 yards out. He sends it in for Stead, he heads towards goal! Hits the post!!

Min 35 - Gamst Pedersen fould Le Tallac 25 yards outside Blackburn's box. Welsh steps up to take it. He picks out Biscan in the box, he takes it down well, shoots! Wide!

Min 39 - Welsh has another free kick outside the area. Finds Morientes, he heads back to Welsh outside the area, he hits on the volley!! Over the bar!

Min 44 - Partridge has a cornor on the left, swings it in, Pellegrino wins a header against Friedal, heads towards the open goal! Johansson saves off the line!!

Second Half

Min 55 - Emerton gets down on the right, he dribbles pas Traore, finds Stead ahead of him, he shoots from the edge of the area! Wide!

Min 56 - Morientes off for Mycklebust.

Min 70 - Tugay has a freekick outside our area, he steps up, strikes towards goal! Over the bar!

Min 73 - GOAL! Traore sent a long ball upfield, McEverly gathers up, finds Johansson down the left, he plays it forward to Gallagher, he gets inbetween the centrebacks, shoots low and right, 1-1!

Min 90 + 4 - Le Tallec gets a free kick just outside their area. He needs to score this to win the game. He strikes it! Over the bar!! Poor effort..

After the game the first team stepped out onto the pitch ro receive the Premiership trophy. Obviously this overshadowed the first lost points on home soil but even thou the game was a draw the 45000 plus fans were there for a party. Banners all round Anfield with "Taylor's Red Army" or "God Created Earth, Taylor Created Fort Anfield" were just a few examples of things that was seen. Steven Gerrard and Carragher ran round the pitch with a big Liverpool flag and the rest of the players were trying their best to spray all the fans with champagne. Now was the time, we walked up to accept the trophy the fans had been waiting 15 years for. All players received their medals and me and Gerrard were last in que, we decided we wanted to lift the cup together. The time had come, I took one side of the cup, Gerrard the other and we lifted it up with a big roar from the crowd! It was like the old hairdryer treatment because you could feel the roar going through your body!

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool.

Liverpool 1 Le Tallec 9

Blackburn 1 Gallagher 73

MOM - Johansson

Att: 45324

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Jensen, Traore; Biscan; Le Tallec, Welsh, Hamill, Partridge; Morientes

Blackburn (4-4-2); Friedal; Neill, Diamond, McEverley, Johansson; Emerton, Flitcroft, Savage, Gamst Pedersen; Stead, Bellamy

'Pool Reserves Overcome Bolton At The Reebok

Saturday 2nd April 2005

My mind was already on the next game to be honest, Inter at San Siro in Italy. I would have the upper hand thou. My players would of been rested for 2 weeks and we were prepared for the Italian giants. But enough about that, it was time to meet The Wanderers in Bolton. Again it was a reserve type first XI and the only diffrence from the Blackburn was that Biscan came in for Jensen in defense.

First Half

Min 12 - The first chance dropped to Bolton. Barness took a cornor on the right, he found Shakes on the far post, he heads towards goal! Saved on the line by Traore!

Min 15 - GOAL! Josemi gathered up a long ball on the right, he passes infield to Pellegrino, he passes back to Kirkland, he lays it out left to Traore, he looks up, passes up to Partridge, he gets rid of Hunt down the left, crosses into the box, Morientes is totally unmarked! Shoots low and to the right! 1-0!!

Min 24 - Josemi finds Le Tallec out right, he dribbles down the line, crosses to the far post, Partridge gathers it up just inside the penalty area, shoots! Well wide!

Min 25 - Hunt throws the ball back into play, Davies wins a header against Hamill, heads down to Kaku, he hits on the volley! Wide!

Min 31 - Traore finds Partridge down the left, he one two's with Welsh, Partridge gets down the left, crosses into the box, Welsh is free! But his composure is worse then Morientes and he blasts it over the bar! Poorly done, should of been 2-0.

Second Half

Min 50 - Le Tallec lines up a free kick just on the half circle. He shoots! It deflects off the wall, saved by Jaaskelainen!! Hamann heads the rebound!! Wide! Very poor effort from the German.

Min 52 - Morientes founds Le Tallec to his right, he passes infield to Hamill, he lays the ball off first time to Partridge free on the left, he dribbles into the box, past Hunt, shoots! Good save by Jaaskelainen!

Min 58 - Nolan takes the free kick quickly, finds Okocha, he dribbles down the left, holds off Josemi, finds Hunt outside the area, he powers an effort towards goal! High and wide into the stands!

Min 60 - GOAL! Jaaskelainen finds Candela on the left, he passes forwards to Okocha who losses his marker, he throuhgs it to Pedersen down the left, he crosses into the center! Header by Kaku! Past Kirkland and 1-1! I decided to sub Morientes for Mycklebust after the goal.

Min 64 - Shakes was pushed by Hamann and a freekick was awarded to Bolton. Nolan lined it up, struck it towards goal! High over the bar!

Min 69 - Partridge's cornor on the left found Mycklebust at the near post, he holds off his marker, twist and turns, shoots hard and low! Jaaskelainen saves!

Min 73 - Subs: Traore and Welsh off, Jensen and Woods on.

Min 81 - GOAL!! Pellegrino's free kick hit the wall, Josemi gathers up at the halfway line, goes to the right, finds Le Tallec infront of him, he crosses from deep into the center of the box, Hamann heads it! It hits the post!! And goes in!! 2-1!! Jaaskelainen had no chance! What a header!!

Min 88 - Slim chance for Bolton to come back, Fadiga receives the ball off of Kaku, he throughs it for Davies, but the Liverpool defense are well organized, Davies has the ball at the edge of the area, shoots! Wide!

Min 89 - Kirkland takes the goal kick, won by Ben Haim, headed upfield to Nolan, he flicks it over the Liverpool defense, headed by Davies! It's goalbound!! Unbelievable save by Kirkland!! He was the other side of the goal and still managed to get back and grip it!

Min 90 - Long ball from Kaku finds Gardner, he heads down to Fadiga, he advances forward, he's outside the area, shoots! Well wide!

Min 90 + 3 - Mycklebust gathers up a loose ball in Bolton's half, he dribbles past Ben Haim, tries to take it past Hunt, but can't. Hamill gathers up outside the area, takes a pop at goal! Just wide!

Premiership

Reebok Stadium, Bolton

Bolton 1 Kaku 60

Liverpool 2 Morientes 15, Hamann 81

MOM - Jaaskelainen

Att: 27473

Bolton (4-3-3); Jaaskelainen; Barness, Hunt, Jaidi, Candela; Nolan, Okocha, Kaku; Davies, Pedersen, Shakes

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Biscan, Traore; Hamann; Le Tallec, Welsh, Hammill, Partridge; Morientes

'Pool Edge Out Inter In Italy

Wednesday 6th April

Against Inter I had a few problems on my hands. Riise and Hyypia were both out injured and could'nt make the trip. Also Traore had picked up a knock at the Reebok so he could'nt start on the left so Carra had to play on the left which is'nt his favorite position and I'd have to go with Biscan and Pellegrino in the middle against Vieri and Adriano which did'nt make me feel comfortable at all.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, no Traore, Hyypia or Riise. Looks like your defense is a bit depleted?

It's so typical that you rest players for certain games and then they get injured before the match. But I have asked both Pellegrino and Biscan if they are up for it and they are willing to give 100% so that feels good.

What's your strategy for today?

Well I did'nt come here to defend, we want to win but when we have injuries in the backline and they have Vieri and Adriano up top, it makes you think. Hopefully the backline can detain them and we're looking to not give Veron too much space in central areas.

Many favour Inter, can you surprise them?

I think this team has shown many a time that we can win when the odds are against us to. If we win today then it's all over for Inter, they can start thinking about their League and leave the Champions League for us.

First Half

Min 2 - GOAL! Pellegrino wins a header against Vieri, heads down to Alonso, he finds Garcia upfield, he passes sideways to Gerrard, throughs it for Cisse in the area, he gets away from Materazzi, shoots low! 1-0!! What a start from Liverpool! And a great finish!

Min 3 - Cordoba's long ball finds Adriano, he heads down the right flank for Burdisso, he crosses into the box, Vieri heads the ball! Good save by Dudek! He punches it away! Recoba gathers it up, sends it into the box for Stankovic, he shoots directly! Another good save by Dudek!! Cleared from Pellegrino!

Min 9 - Finnan was injured by Recoba and was replaced by Josemi.

Min 29 - GOAL!! Pellegrino heads the ball out of the area, Carra gathers up, finds Cisse at the halfway line, he is joined by Esposito, he passes him, he dribbles past Cordoba, throughs it for Cisse, he is free against Toldo, shoots to the right! 2-0!! Cisse is causing real trouble for Inter! His 35th for the season!

Min 39 - Veron tripped Garcia just outside the area. Esposito steps up to take it, he curls it pas the wall! Just over the bar!

Min 41 - Burdisso wins the ball off of Garcia, passes infield to Adriano, he passes back to Burdisso, he runs upfield, passes inwards for Adriano, he finds Vieri infront of the area, he shoots hard and low! Just a fraction wide of the right post!

Second Half

Min 50 - Ze Maria tripped Garcia outside the area, he lines it up. Strikes from distance! Well wide and high.

Min 58 - GOAL! Recoba runs down the left, gets to the halfway line, Josemi tackles the ball off him, Vieri gathers up the ball, finds Adriano upfield, dribbles past Pellegrino, sidesteps Dudek, slips it past the Pole. 1-2!!

Min 63 - Esposito is sent off for a double yellow and now we were a man down with a hungry Inter after us. I took off Cisse and put on Le Tallec.

Min 71 - Hamann comes on for a very tired Gerrard.

Min 76 - Vieri sends a long ball upfield, Carragher heads it, but heads it straight down to Adraino! He's through on goal! Shoots! Great save by Dudek!

Min 84 - Cordoba throws the ball to Adriano on the left, he cuts infield, shoots! Wide!

Min 86 - GOAL!!! Kewell is fouled outside the Inter area by Davids. Le Tallec grabs the ball quickly and shoo's everyone else away, he lines it up, pumps it over the wall! 3-1!!! Toldo was rooted to the spot! Great free kick by Le Tallec from 30 yards!

Min 88 - GOAL! Recoba takes a cornor on the right, crosses into Emre, he takes the ball down, shoots! Blocked by Pellegrino, falls to Vieri, he shoots! Deflects off Le Tallec! 2-3!!

Final Whistle

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, what a game! What can you say about it?

Very intensive first and last 10 minutes. When Cisse scored early I was surprised by the lack of the Inter defense. Then Finnan got injured and then it felt like one of those days when it could all go downhill but instead Cisse scores a second then Inter come back with 1 goal, Esposito gets sent off and Cisse's replacement, Le Tallec scores a beautiful free kick and then Vieri managed to get a consulation goal.

When Vieri scored, what went through your mind?

It was so late in the game so to be honest I knew they would'nt score another. For Liverpool fans this is great and for a neutral the game was brilliant.

Esposito's sending off, fair?

I think so yes, he got two yellows and at halftime I told him to stop tugging Favalli's shirt but he did'nt listen obviously.

The return leg at Anfield, is this a done deal?

I'm already looking forward to the Semi Finals.

Champions League Quater Final Leg 1

Giuseppe Meazza,San Siro, Milan

Inter 2 Adriano 58, Vieri 88

Liverpool 3 Cisse 2 29, Le Tallec 86

MOM - Kewell

Att: 74896

Inter (4-4-2); Toldo; Cordoba, Burdisso, Materazzi, Favalli; Ze Maria, Veron, Cordoba, Stankovic; Vieri, Adriano

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Biscan, Pellegrino, Carra; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Josemi's Late Goal Keeps Run Going

Sunday 10th April 2005

Before the return leg against Inter at Anfield it was time to take on the rivals from Salford, Manchester United. Obviously I was staring at the bottom of the barrel of a shotgun playing my reserves against United's most strongest but I needed my players 100% focused on the matter in hand. Jensen was back in defense for us with Biscan given a rest.

First Half

Min 28 - Le Tallec's cornor on the left goes into the box, it flippers around like a pin ball machine, it ends up at Jensen who heads it towards goal! It hits the bar!! And Caroll catches it.

Min 34 - GOAL! Partridge has a cornor on the right, Dede intercepts and starts running down the left, he gets past the halfway line, he finds Giggs at the edge of the box, he crosses into the box for van Nistelrooy, he shoots hard and low! 1-0 to United!

Min 42 - Pellegrino intercepts a pass from Giggs, finds Morientes at the halfway line, finds Partridge to his left, he passes back, he tries a one two with Partridge, he gets into the box, holds off Dede and Ferdinand, shoots! Wide!

Min 43 - Ronaldo goes down the right, finds Tuncay infront of the box, Jensen tackles the ball off him, Keane gathers up, shoots from 25 yards! Over the bar!

Second Half

Min 48 - Heinze's free kick finds Giggs down the left, passes back to Dede, he finds Ronaldo down the right, he crosses into the box! Header by Keane! Great save by Kirkland! Nistelrooy headers the rebound!! Wide!

Min 51 - Heinze plays the ball back to Caroll, his ball finds Tuncay, he heads back to O'Shea, he finds Pizarro running 55 yards ahead of him, he takes it into the box, shoots! Over the bar!

Min 55 - Giggs takes a cornor on the left, goes low into the six yard box, it finds Nistelrooy! He shoots hard and low! Great save from Kirkland!

Min 59 - Le Tallec lines up a free kick 25 yards out, curvs it over the wall! Just a touch wide! Traore comes off for Woods

Min 68 - Subs: Morientes and Welsh off, Nunez makes his first appearence and Mycklebust.

Min 80 - Le Tallec finds Hamill centrally infront of the area, lays it out left for Partridge, played back to Hammill, he shoots from just outside the box! High and wide!

Min 90 + 2 - GOAL! Hammill takes a cornor on the left, crosse near post to Mycklebust, Tuncay pulls him down! Penalty!! I point to Josemi, this is chance to score his first ever goal for Liverpool. He puts it on the spot... strikes hard and low to the left... Caroll dives right... but it's too good!! 1-1 in the dieing seconds!! Josemi's first goal for Liverpool!

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 1 Josemi 90

Man Utd 1 Nistelrooy 35

MOM - Kirkland

Att: 45332

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Jensen, Traore; Hamann; Le Tallec, Welsh, Hammill, Partridge; Morientes

Man Utd (4-4-1-1); Caroll; Neville, O'Shea, Heinze, Dede; Ronaldo, Pizarro, Keane, Giggs; Tuncay; Nistelrooy

Wednesday 13th April 2005

The game against Man Utd meant nothing in my or the players minds. It was tonight that everything counted. We needed to work hard, show determination and show that we are indeed the best in Europe. Or indeed, the world.. Esposito was suspended for the double bookable last leg so that meant I needed to reshuffle the midfield. Garcia took his right flank, Alonso back beside Gerrard and Hamann as anchor. Hyypia and Riise were back but Finnan who got injured last leg was replaced by Josemi who should be on a high after his first goal for the club.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, last time you said this is a done deal. Does that still apply?

Definatly, if Inter think that they are winning on English soil then they have another thing coming. We have gotten back valuable players and our defense looks stronger then the once in Milan.

Who would you like to meet next round?

Does'nt matter, we'll beat them anyway. If I had to choose then I would'nt mind playing against Juventus seeing as these two have alot of history between them.

Finally, score tonight?

We will win.

First Half

Min 1 - The game kicked off and started the same as the first game. Intensive first minutes. Recoba had the ball on the halfway line, Alonso tackled him and passed the ball forward to Cisse, shunned off Materazzi, found Kewell out wide left, tried to shake off Zanetti, had to back track, tried again to go forward, found Cisse with a through ball, he shot from the left edge of the area! Good save by Toldo!

Min 2 - Garcia knicked the ball on the halfway line off of Stankovic, found Alonso infield, he found Gerrard beside him, he threads it through to Kewell, loads of space! Shoots! Over the bar!! How did he miss that?!

Min 16 - Kewell has the ball on the left, crosses into the box, headed away by Materazzi, back to Kewell, he crosses infront of Toldo, Alonso connects with a foot!! Straight at Toldo..

Min 20 - Kewell knicks the ball off Van der Meyde, he finds Gerrard infield, he threads through for Cisse who is unmarked, he gets into the box, shoots! Save by Toldo! He gets the ball back, tries to hit it in the far cornor! His the woodwork!! Favalli clears! Unlucky..

Min 24 - Veron nicks the ball off of Gerrard, it finds Stankovic on the left, he runs down the left, crosses into the six yard box, Recoba heads it!! Just over the bar!

Min 28 - GOAL! Zanetti takes a throw on the right, throws to Veron, he crosses near post, Josemi wins the header agianst Adriano and clears to Cisse, he runs to the halfway line, gets past Materazzi, passes back to Riise, he finds Kewell now on the left wing, he gets down the flank, crosses near post, Toldo comes to claim! But Cisse heads it first!! 1-0!! Great goal!

Sorry about that, accidently pressed "post now".

Min 30 - Favalli gathers up a cleared ball, finds Veron infield, passes back to Cordoba, he finds Zanetti to the right, he goes down the flank, crosses into the box, it goes out to the right flank to Recoba, he cuts back for Favalli, he passes to the right edge of the area to Zanetti, crosses to the penalty spot to Stankovic, passed back to Favalli, there are no spaces in the Liverpool defense, he crosses into the six yard box, header by Vieri! 1-1!! But wait... The lineman says foul, he pushed Garcia apparently, looking at the reply that was very harsh.

Min 36 - Zanetti takes a throw to van der Meyde, he passes back to Zanetti, he cuts infield, finds Stankovic in the box, headed towards goal! Over the bar! Both Kewell and Dudek had picked up injuries. Partridge and Kirkland came on to replace.

Min 39 - Riise takes a throw to Gerrard, he finds Partridge down the left, he crosses to the far post to Garcia, headed away Favalli, Gerrard gathers up, curls it towards goal! Great save by Toldo!

Min 41 - Carra's ball to Garcia is headed away by Materazzi, he heads to Recoba down the right wing, he centers it to Veron who one touch finds Stankovic down the left, he tries ihs luck from the edge of the area! Over the bar!

Min 42 - Veron's cornor is cut out by Partridge, Veron finds Vieri in the box, he heads to van der Meyde, he shoots! Just wide!

Min 45 + 1 - Alonso tackles the ball off Vieri, Carra gathers up, he passes Partridge, but it's cut out by Veron, he finds Recoba on the left, he shoots! Over the bar!

Second Half

Min 52 - Cordoba tackles the ball off of Gerrard, ball falls to Alonso, finds Gerrard, he passes forward to Cisse, gets into the area, shoots! Good save by Toldo! He's keeping them in the game so far!

Min 57 - Gerrard's got a free kick on the left, shoots! But it goes wide of Toldo's post.

Min 59 - The brilliant Cisse gets replaced by Morientes.

Min 67 - GOAL!!Partridge heads a ball down the left flank, gathered up by Veron, Partridge nicks the ball off him, crosses into the box, Morientes heads it towards the right! 2-0!! Great goal!!

Min 72 - Recoba gets past Garcia on the halfway line, he finds Vieri down the left flank, Kirkland blocks the shot! Riise clears off the line!

Min 75 - GOAL! Cornor to Inter on the left, Recoba to take, finds Materazzi on the near post, he wins a header against Carra, heads towards goal! 1-2!! Kirkland was left stranded!

Min 87 - Partridge throws the ball to Morientes, he heads back to Partridge, he crosses to the far post, Garcia heads the ball! Hits the sidenetting!

Min 90 + 2 - Cordoba heads the ball to Emre, he runs to the left, cuts in, threads it through for Adriano, he's free on goal, sidesteps Kirkland, slots it into goal, 2-2!!

Final Whistle! Liverpool Are Into The Semi's!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Well Daniel, that was close, 2-0 up to 2-2 in the second half, what happened?

The players got too confident I think. With 2-0 up that meant we were 5-2 up on aggregate but that can disappear so quickly with a team like Inter. I give them credit thou, the managed to keep us from winning at home.

Kewell and Dudek off in the first half, anything serious?

No just minor knocks, they'll be alright, I hope!

Real Madrid, Milan and Juventus are all through together with you tonight. Do you still fancy Juve?

Out of those three it does'nt really matter. They are all three strong teams but I think maybe I'd fancy Madrid now because even thou their attack is first class, their defense is not the best.

Champions League Quater Final Leg 2

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 2 Cisse 28, Morientes 67

Inter 2 Materazzi 75, Adriano 90

MOM - Cisse

Att: 45323

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Hamann; Garcia, Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell; Cisse

Inter (4-4-2); Toldo; Zanetti, Materazzi, Cordoba, Favalli; Meyde, Veron, Recoba, Stankovic; Vieri, Adriano

Sunday 17th April 2005

From the Champions League against Inter to the FA Cup semi final's against Arsenal in Cardiff. The fun never stops with this team. Both Dudek and Kewell are both fine after their knocks against Inter. The only first team absantee is Finnan but Josemi has been just fine on the right. Again I miss the opportunity to play against Henry, he is injured yet again and am still yet to meet him.

In other news I was drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League and Milan took on Juventus. The bookies were saying the final should be against Real and Milan. Let's just see about that.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, from the San Siro to Anfield to the Millenium Stadium, busy schedule eh?

Yes it feels like were all over the place at the moment. Some days you just wake up and wonder where you are. By the way, what time is it?

Just past 2 o' clock. You have almost your strongest elevan whereas Arsenal look a bit depleted. How do you fancy your chances?

Cheers. Well I think that the match could go either way. It's who wants it most on the day and I think you'll find we'll win. Thing is this game could go all the way to penalties and we have been practising them all week just to make sure so I'm confident whateve happens we'll be ready.

Finally, the season is almost coming to a close, you only got a one year contract before this one. Are there talks of a new deal?

Yeah I've spoken to Moores and he knows what I want and hopefully we'll be able to announce it by the end of May.

First Half

Min 5 - Esposito has a cornor on the right, crosses ot the near post, header by Cisse! Great save by Lehmann!

Min 22 - Cisse is fouled by Campbell and Styles books the big man. Cisse steps up to take it himself. Curls it over the wall! High and wide!

Min 24 - Gerrard finds Kewell out wide on the left, he cuts in, dribbles past Salihamidzic, centres it, headed clear by Campbell, gathered up by Garcia, he shoots! Over the bar!

Min 25 - Campbell argues with the ref and gets his second yellow and gets sent off!

Min 42 - Riise to take a throw, throws into the box for Esposito, headed away by Cole, Cisse heads outside the box for Garcia, Aliardiere tackles it off Garcia, Gerrard gathers up, shoots from outside the box! Puts it wide!

Min 44 - Cornor to Arsenal and Pires, crosses ot the far post, Aliardiere and Dudek get up, Dudek claims it. But wait! The ref blows for a penalty!! Dudek has pushed Aliardiere out of the way! Salihamihdzic steps up... shoots straight forward! Dudek stays on his line and keeps it out!!

Second Half

Min 49 - GOAL! Esposito with a cornor on the left, Edu clears, Esposito gathers up the ball, goes to the byline, passes back to Hyypia, Gerrard gets the ball, curls it towards the right post with his left boot, curls past Lehmann! 1-0!!

Min 50 - Arsenal go for a quick reply, Cole's long ball is headed down by Reyes to Aliardiere, he shoots hard and low! Wide!

Min 59 - Salihamidzic flicks the ball on, Hyypia flicks it up to Gerrard, he finds Esposito on the right, he cuts in, finds Kewell out left, dribbles past Salihamidzic, finds Garcia infront of the area, gets past Toure, into the box, shoots! Hits the sidenetting! Poor effort, should of been 2-0.. Kewell and Cisse come off for Hamann and Morientes.

Min 69 - Toure takes an Arsenal freekick on the halfway line, long to Bergkamp, Hyypia wins the header and heads it to Morientes, finds Esposito on the right, he goes down the right flank, gets past Pires, cuts inside the box, finds Morientes in the box, he hits on the half volley! Good save by Lehmann! Esposito looks tired and comes off for Partridge.

Min 72 - Josemi takes a throw in in the Liverpool half, Pires heads the ball, Josemi gathers up the ball, finds Alonso, passes back to Hyypia, long ball down the left for Partridge, Salihamidzic wins the header, Gilberto gathers the ball, finds Bergkamp infront of the area, tries to find Vieira, but Alonso cuts out the pass, Gilberto wins the ball back, Searches for Pires on the left, goes down the left, crosses into the box, Bergkamp wins the header against Hyypia, heads towards goal! Off the bar!!

Min 75 - Partridge finds Morientes at the edge of the area, he threads it down the left flank back to Partridge, he crosses to the far post, Cole wins the header, Gerrard gathers the ball outside the area, curls it towards goal! Just just wide!

Min 79 - Vieira takes a Arsenal free kick just inside the Liveprool half, tries to find van Persie, Carra heads the ball clear, Vieira heads the ball back into the area, finds Reyes who lays off for Gilberto, he shoots from just outside the area! Wide!

Min 80 - GOAL!Free kick to Arsenal given 25 yards outside the area. van Persie lines it up, curls it over the wall and right into the right hand side of the goal! 1-1!!

Extra Time

Min 92 - Hamann finds Riise down the left, he passes forward down the left flank to Partridge, tries to finds Morientes in the box with a cross, header towards goal! Great save by Lehmann!!

Min 97 - Dudek's free kick finds Riise down the left, passes inwards to Hamann, passes back to Hyypia, long ball to Partridge down the left, he crosses into the box for Morientes, good tackle by Cole, Gerrard gathers up the ball, curls towards goal! Right over the bar!

The Game Goes To Penalties!

Both lists from the managers came in. Wenger had chosen Salihamidzic, Bergkamp, Reyes, van Persie and Ljungberg. I on the other hand decided to let Garcia take my first since he was usally the best taker in training, Riise to take the second because he was having a good game and usually powers them in, Carra to take my third because he's already scored three this season on penalties, Professional Hamann and Morientes to round off the show with 4th and 5th penalties.

Arsenal 1st P.K - Salihamidzic steps up... shoots straight forward... Dudek dives to his right and the ball rustles the back of the net, 1-0.

Liverpool 1st P.K - Luis Garcia places the ball on the spot... he shoots straight at goal.. Lehmann anticipates greatly and keeps the ball out!

Arsenal 2nd P.K - Bergkamp runs up to take the penalty... he shoots to the left... Dudek dives right... but can't reach it! 2-0!

Liverpool 2nd P.K - Riise steps up to the spot... he powers it straight forward... Lehmann does'nt move and again saves another penalty! Arsenal are cruising!

Arsenal 3rd P.K - Reyes steps up... he shoots to the right... Dudek dives left... Punches it away! Great save!

Liverpool 3rd P.K - Carra places the ball on the spot... he shoots to the left... Lehmann dives to his right... But the shot is too good! 1-2!

Arsenal 4th P.K - van Persie to take Arsenal's 4th... he shoots to the right... Dudek dives left... he punches it away! Another great save!

Liverpool 4th P.K - Hamann to take the 'Pool penalty... he powers it straight down the middle... Lehmann was about to go left and can't get back to save, 2-2!!

Arsenal 5th P.K - Ljungberg has to score or else Liverpool have the chance to nick it... He tries down the middle... Dudek stays firm and saves!!

Liverpool 5th P.K - If Morientes scores Liverpool are in the final of the FA Cup... he shoots to the right... Lehmann dives left... no good enough and the shot goes in!! 3-2!!

Liverpool Are Through To The Final!!!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

What a great game! What happened out there today?

It's fantastic, this is what football is all about, entertainment to the very end. However I think Arsenal were lucky to even get to a penalty shoot out.

Campbell off, 1-0 up, everyone thought it was over.

Including me but then van Persie scores a great goal against run of play on a free kick and sends it to extra time.

With that said, all of sudden it's penalties and your 2-0 down and then everyone was saying Arsenal have won it.

To be honest I was a but nervous but then Dudek came and saved the day and saved 3 penalties on the trot and justice was done because we were the best team on the day. Not even Wenger can argue with that.

FA Cup Semi Final

Millenium Stadium, Cardiff

Arsenal 1 van Persie 90 (2)

Liverpool 1 Gerrard 48 (3)

MOM - Toure

Att: 72480

Arsenal (4-4-2); Lehmann; Salihamidzic, Toure, Campbell, Cole; Ljungberg, Vieria, Edu, Pires; Aliardiere, Reyes

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Wednesday 20th April 2005

Two matches in the Premiership before the big game at the Bernabeu against Madrid. Obviously I've got for reserve teams in those matches aswell. Today it was Aston Villa away and then Arsenal at home who will be out for revenge. Smicer was to make his first appearence this season and will be leaving for West Ham on Bosman after the season since he was'nt getting anywhere in the Liverpool shirt I'm afraid.

Chelsea managed to see off Man United 3-1 in the other Semi Final to play us in the final. Should be a very good final at the end of the season.

First Half

Min 7 - Barry has the ball on the left past the halfway line, finds McCann infront of the area, he plays it back out to Barry, he crosses into the box, header by Cole! Great save by Kirkland!

Min 10 - GOAL! Hamann's freekick found Morientes totally unmarked outside the area, took the ball down well, dribbled past Sorensen and slipped it into the empty net! 1-0! Great goal!

Min 12 - Hendrie passes back to Mellberg, he finds Schmidt to his right, he passes back to Mellberg, he looks for Barry, Barry heads it back to Laursen, he passes looking for de la Cruz on the right wing, he wins a header against Traore, heads down to Cole in the area, he dribbles past Biscan, shoots hard! Saved by Kirkland!

Min 17 - Barry has the ball on the left, passes down the flank for Angel, he;s into the area, cuts back to McCann outside the area, he shoots! Wide!

Min 18 - GOAL!! Kirkland's free kick is won in the air by Hammill against Samuel, he heads it over the Aston Villa defense to Morientes, Mellberg gathers up and clears down the left, Josemi heads the ball down the flank to Le Tallec, he passes infield to Hammill, he passes back to Le Tallec, he finds Smicer infield, Smicer threads the ball through for Morientes, Sorenson tries to come and claim, but Morientes slides it underneath him! 2-0!! Great goal by 'El Moro'!

Min 23 - Hendrie has a free kick on the left edge of the area, he looks for de la Cruz just inside the half circle, he shoots! Just wide!

Min 25 - Morientes is tripped by Mellberg, Free kick to Liverpool just outsid ethe area to the left. Partridge lines it up, shoots! Very very close, clips the bar and goes over!

Min 44 - Mellberg looks for Cole upfield, he heads back to McCann, he finds Angel to his left, Angel threads it down the left to Barry, he gets into the area, shoots! Good save!

Min 45 + 1 - Laursen lays it out right to Schmidt, he passes infield to McCann, he htreads it through to Cole, he gets into the area, shoots! Save by Kirkland!

Second Half

Morientes and Traore had picked up minor knocks and were replaced at half time by Woods and Mycklebust.

Min 50 - Hendrie takes a cornor on the right, Josemi heads away the cross, McCann gathers up and puts it into the box to Cole, he bares down on Kirkland, shoots! Save again by Kirkland!

Min 52 - Dudek clears upfield to Mycklebust, Mellberg wins the header and flicks it on for Angel upfield, he finds Barry on the left, he goes down the left, crosses from deep, Cole heads the ball! Over the bar!

Min 60 - Sub: Smicer off for Nunez.

Min 76 - Le Tallec takes a free kick outside the Villa area. He curls it over the wall! Just over the bar!

Min 82 - Laursen gathers up the clerence and lays it down left for Barry, he finds Agbonlahor down the left, he crosses into the far post, Moore connects with a header! Over the bar!

Premiership

Villa Park, Birmingham

Aston Villa 0

Liverpool 2 Morientes 10 18

MOM - Kirkland

Att: 42498

Aston Villa (4-4-2); Sorensen; Schmidt, Mellberg, Laursen, Samuel; de la Cruz, Hendrie, McCann, Barry; Cole, Angel

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Biscan, Traore; Hamann; Le Tallec, Hammill, Smicer, Partridge; Morientes

Cheers Cleon icon14.gif

Arsenal End Liverpool's Run

Saturday 23rd April 2005

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later and it was on our homeground aswell. But I rather have rested players away to Madrid then play them against Arsenal in a meningless match to be perfectly honest. Your probably suspecting I had reserve players out. Yes I did and if Wenger takes pleasure in beating my reserves then so be it.

First Half

Min 26 - Smicer tries to find Partridge on the left, he finds Morientes infront of the penalty area, he skips past Cygan, shoots! Wide!

Min 32 - Toure takes a free kick in our half, Biscan clears it, Salihamidzic gathers up the ball, feeds a high ball into the area, Aliadiere heads the ball down to Ljungberg, Woods tackles the ball off him, Salihamidzic gathers up the ball, he crosses into the box, Pellegrino pushes van Persie! Penalty!! Salihamidzic to take it... powers it down the middle! Kirkland stands firm and saves it!!

Min 35 - GOAL! Kirkland sends a goal kick upfield, Morientes heads a ball down to Hammill, he passes back to Josemi, he passes infield to Hamann, he passes back to Pellegrino, he passes back to Kirkland, he tries to find Le Tallec down the left, Cole heads the ball to Pires, he finds Salihamidzic down the right, he dribbles past Partridge, finds Ljungberg down the right flank, centres it to Vieira, he powers it low! 1-0!

Min 37 - Josemi has a free kick on the right flank, shoots from a very tight angle! Lehmann tips it over the bar!

Min 40 - GOAL! Pires has a free kick on the left edge of the box, curls it over the wall! Hits the post! And goes in past Kirkland! 2-0!

Min 45 + 2 - Cole throws in a ball on the left, throws to Pires, finds van Persie to his right, he finds Edu outside the box, he shoots! Hits the sidenetting!

Second Half

Le Tallec comes off for Nunez at halftime due to playing very poorly.

Min 62 - 'El Moro' comes off for Mycklebust.

Min 77 - Pires finds Cole down the left, he threads it down the left for Reyes, he finds Bergkamp with a cross! He heads towards goal! Over the bar!

Min 90 - Josemi gathers up a cleared ball, he finds Hammill infield, he passes back to Josemi down the right, he gets down the right, crosses to the penalty area to Hammill, one touch out left to Partridge, he gets past Lauren, shoots! Save by Lehmann!

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 0

Arsenal 2 Vieira 34, Pires 40

MOM - Pires

Att: 45329

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Biscan, Woods; Hamann; Le Tallec, Hammill, Smicer, Patridge; Morientes

Arsenal (4-4-2); Lehmann; Salihamidzic, Toure, Cygan, Cole; Ljungberg, Vieira, Edu, Pires; Aliardiere, Reyes

Wednesday 27th April 2005

The temperature was rising, the end was near and we could all feel it. But first there was a "small" matter of beating Real Madrid in the semi's. I did'nt rate their defense as good as their offense but they are pretty decent. Two players did'nt travel to Madrid and that was Kewell and Finnan who was still injured. After our first loss in the season against Arsenal at home I was hoping that did'nt effect the first teamers too much. We were still unbeaten in the Champions League and hopefully it was to stay that way.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, Liverpool in the semi final's of the Champions League, not many people thought you could do it.

Well alot of people think alot of things but we have done it and now we're not stopping 'til we get all the way.

Kewell's not playing, will that be a big blow?

Kewell and Garcia in my mind are equally as good but they are diffrent types of midfielders. Garcia likes to come inwards and shoot from range whereas Kewell likes to take people on and he does a good job at it.

What's the game plan tonight?

With Real's good attack in mind we have decided to play a bit more cautious today. Their attacking lineup is full of stars and we need to contain them. I'm not saying we're coming here to park the bus but we won't get overexposed hopefully today.

So your looking for a draw really?

If you told me here and now we'd get a draw against Real then I would take it with no questions asked but the same was pretty much said against Inter and in Milan we won.

Good luck tonight Daniel!

First Half

Min 14 - Carlos took a throw in on the left to Zidane, he bent it from long range! Dudek gathers it comfortably.

Min 17 - Owen had the ball on the left edge of the area, dribbles past Hyypia, cuts it back outside the area for Beckham, he hits it to Carlos in the area, he lobs it into the area, Figo heads towards goal! Over the bar!

Min 27 - Figo cuts the ball back for Helguera, he shoots from outside the area! Shot blocked by Alonso, it bounces out to Beckham, he shoots! Carra blacks the shot! It bounces out to Helguera who shoots on the half volley! Wide!

Min 43 - Zidane runs down the left with the ball, dribbles past Carra, crosses into the six yard box to Raul who is totally free! He shoots! Dudek saves brilliantly!

Min 45 + 1 - Samuel finds Carlos down the left, he flicks the ball on for Raul, he crosses in for Zidane, he shoots! Parried by Dudek!

Second Half

Min 50 - Esposito runs down the right, finds Cisse in the box, he shoots! Easy save for Casillas!

Min 54 - Helguera gathers up Riise's clearence, he finds Beckham infield, he finds Zidane infront of the area, he threads the ball brilliantly for Raul, he shoots hard and low! Great save by Dudek!

Min 65 - Subs: Esposito, Garcia and Cisse off. Partridge, Le Tallec and Morientes on.

Min 74 - Le Tallec lines up a freekick outside the area. He curls it over the wall! Over the bar!

Min 77 - Casillas takes a free kick, Josemi clears, Gravesen gathers up, finds Helguera centrally, he shoots from 25 yards! Hits the bar!!

Min 88 - Partridge finds Le Tallec out wide on the left, he finds Alonso infield, he shoots from 25 yards! Good save by Casillas!

Full Time!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Well Daniel, you got the draw that we were talking about.

Well we did what I wanted, contained them and hit on the counter, pitty we could'nt grab the winner.

Surely you must think that Real was the better team?

Depends on how you see it. Possesion wise yes they were quite dominant but the defensive display we showed was great and we showed that you can have as many stars as you like, we are not breaking.

So your confident of a win at Anfield?

Definatly and this will hopefully show the winner of Milan and Juventus what they are up against. We are on our way to Istanbul, definatly!

Champions League Semi Final Leg 1

Santiago Bernabue, Madrid

Real Madrid 0

Liverpool 0

MOM - Dudek

Att: 74934

Real Madrid (4-2-2-2); Casillas, Salgado, Woodgate, Samuel, Carlos; Helguera, Beckham; Zidane, Figo; Owen, Raul

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Hamann; Esposito, Alonso, Gerrard, Garcia; Cisse

Saturday 30th April 2005

Again the reserves were put to the test against a premiership opposition. This time they travelled to Craven Cottage in London in hope of winning against Fulham. In other news if Palace and Norwich loose their games today then they will both miss out on Premiership action next year. If Aston Villa loose todays and next weeks game then they are also out which is a shock to the whole footballing nation.

First Half

Min 2 - GOAL! Kirkland's free kick was headed down by Bocanegra to Clark, Hammill nicked the ball off of Clark, threaded it into the box for Le Tallec, Bonnissel tackles the ball, Hammill gathers up, crosses into the box, Morientes hits it on the volley! 1-0! Good goal by the Spaniard! That's his 15th this season!

Min 11 - Le Tallec finds Hamill infield, he threads it through for Morientes, he shoots! Deflects off Knight, Hammill picks up the ball, shoots on the half volley! Hits the sidenetting!

Min 17 - Volz takes a throw in on the right, he throws it into the box for Buari, he crosses low, it goes past everyone, Bonnissel gathers up on the left wing, crosses in centrally, John heads it! Over the bar!

Min 34 - Cole has the ball on the left, he hits it forward 45 yards to Buari, he nods it on to Malbranque on the left, he crosses into the box, John heads towards goal! Kirkland gathers easily!

Second Half

Min 48 - Buari takes a throw on the right, he finds Legwinski, he finds John at the near post, John strikes it in! 1-1!! But wait.. John was offside, the goal is disallowed.

Min 51 - Malbraque takes a cornor on the right, Le Tallex heads away, Malbranque gathers up, finds Knight infield, he lays off to Clark, he shoots! Over the bar!

Min 52 - Woods fouled Buari and a free kick is awarded on the right of the area. Legwinski lines up, he chips it in, Pellegrino heads away, Legwinski gathers up, shoots! Over the bar!

Min 65 - Subs: Partridge, Smicer and Morientes off. Nunez, Welsh and Mycklebust on.

Min 81 - Volz tries to find Malbranque, cut out by Le Tallec, headed down to Welsh, he finds Hammill to his right, he one two's with Nunez, he lays off to his left to Welsh, he gets into the area, shoots! van der Sar gathers the ball well!

Min 88 - GOAL! Jensen heads clear, Malbranque gathers up, he finds Legwinski infield, finds Volz in the area to the left, he slips it past Kirkland, 1-1! So late into the game!

Premiership

Fulham 1 Volz 87

Liverpool 1 Morientes 2

MOM - Volz

Att: 21951

Fulham (4-4-2); van der Sar; Volz, Knight, Bocanegra, Bonnissel; Buari, Legwinski, Clark, Malbranque; John, Cole

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Jensen, Woods; Biscan; Le Tallec, Hammill, Smicer, Partridge; Morientes

Come on Liverpool, Oooh I can feel last Wednesday night all over again.....

Great story Justified, hope it has a happy ending icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate. Hopefully I can write the end of season 1 today icon14.gif

Wednesday 4th May 2005

The night had come, a night where many fans did'nt think they would be watching their team in the Champions League Semi Final against Real Madrid with a 0-0 leg in Madrid. The circumstances were great, the atmosphere was just right, it was a dry night, the temperature indicated that summer was on the way. Question was'nt if summer was coming, the question was was the summer going to be a red one? Of course we've already won the league but that is'nt enough, not for a team with Liverpool's iconic history.

Finnan was the only member of the first XI who could'nt make it, he is still out with his injury against Inter. As we entered the stadium it was amazing. Looking around the stadium it was just waves and waves of red colour and I bet you could'nt pick out one person who did'nt have a scarf and was'nt singing "You'll Never Walk Alone". The song played when we came in had been played before but it did'nt hit me more then it did this evening. "Right here... Right now".. That was so fitting for tonight, either we win or we don't but it's right here right now.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

Daniel, a magical night for English football, can you become our representativ in Istanbul?

Definatly, Real has to play their socks off to come here and win. They also have to block out those fans out there but it's impossible. Show me a club who has better fans then Liverpool and then I'll show you how to pick up a penny with your butt cheeks.

Ehhh yeah ok. Anyway, same strategy as last time?

No. today we play attacking football and we're hoping to humiliate Real here and send them home without a doubt in their minds that they were worthy to got to the final.

This is Owen's return to Anfield, how do you rate him?

Englands best striker and iconic here but I don't think the fans will give him any favours then maybe a standing ovation when they hop on the plane back home.

First Half

Min 19 - Helguera has a free kick in our half, he finds Beckham just outside the area, Beckham twist and turns and gets a shot off! Wide!

Min 26 - Gerrard's cornor is cleared by Helguera, it goes back out to Gerrard, he finds Alonso outside the box, Alonso looks for an opening, shoots! Hits the sidenetting!

Min 28 - GOAL! Real Madrid hushes the Liverpool fans. Helguera gathers up a ball in the Madrid half, he passes back to Casillas, he sends a long ball for Raul to chase, he heads it back to Beckham, he lays it out left to Carlos, he finds Zidane infield, he threads it through to Raul down the wing, layed back to Zidane in the area, he dribbles past Carra, shoots! 1-0!

Min 33 - GOAL! Riise throws the ball to Kewell, Salgado gets there first, he lays it infield to Figo, he lays it back to Woodgate, he looks for Owen, Riise gathers up the ball, lays it infield to Gerrard, he tries a long ball to Cisse, Samuel heads it away, Garcia gathers up, runs out to the left, lays it infield to Kewell, Salgado tackles the ball off him, it bobbles to Cisse, he shoots! It curls past Casillas! 1-1!! Great strike! But we need one more.

Min 36 - GOAL!! Josemi takes a free kick, he finds Alonso infield, he lays it out to Esposito, he goes past Beckham, goes down the right, dribbles into the area, dribbles past Samuel, shoots! It curls past Casillas to the far cornor! 2-1!! What a goal by Esposito!!

Min 45 + 2 - GOAL!!! Riise wins a header against Salgado, he heads down to Cisse, he finds Garcia at the halfway line, he plays it back to Cisse in the centre circle, he htreads it through to Kewell down the left, he runs into the area, totally free! Shoots low and hard! Through the legs of Casillas! 3-1!!

Second Half

Kewell had picked up a knock and came off at halftime for Hamann.

Min 46 - Hamann lays the ball to Josemi, Raul nicks the ball off of him, he lays it back to Samuel, Cisse nicks the ball off of him, lays it back to Gerrard, he threads it through to Cisse, Casillas tackles the ball, Salgado gathers up, Esposito nicks the ball off him, plays it into the area for Cise, he turns and shoots! Wide!

Min 52 - GOAL!!!! Carlos crosses into the box, Riise clears, Cisse gathers up and runs forward, passes back to Garcia, he comes down the left, finds Cisse just on the left side of the box, lays it back for Gerrard, he picks out Cisse in the box, he holds of Woodgate, turns, shoots hard and low! 4-1!! Total domnation by Liverpool!

Min 61 - Esposito runs down the right, Carlos tackles the ball, Esposito gets the ball back thou, continues down the right, finds Cisse in the box, he shoots! Casillas turns it behind!

Min 62 - Carlos trips Esposito on the penalty area line, he decides to take it himself, curls it past the wall! Just a touch wide!

Min 69 - Subs: Garcia and Cisse off, Partridge and Morientes on.

Min 71 - Gravesen finds Beckham infield, Gerrard nicks the ball off the England skipper, he runs upfield, lays it left to Partridge, passes it forward to Gerrard, he lays it right to Esposito, he dribbles past Samuel, he shoots! Casillas punches away!

Min 74 - Hamann gathers up a loose ball, lays it out left for Partridge, he dribbles past Salgado and then Woodgate, he shoots! Over the bar!

Min 78 - Salgado takes a throw in on the right, throws inot the box to Raul, he jinks past Alonso, Shoots! Just just wide!

Final Whistle! Liverpool Are In The Final Of The Champions League In Istanbul!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Great game with loads of goals. How do you summerise this match?

Shock opening from Real but the lads came through for us. The team played as a unit and attacked very very well. They should be very proud and now for the final! Esposito especially was fenominal and I think once he has settled in to 100% he'll be the best right winger in the world.

You have heard that Juventus won 1-0 on aggregate against Milan?

Yes I heard from one of the players on the bench who was listning to the radio and he told me that Juventus had held out for 0-0 at home to secure the win.

How does that feel?

Liverpool against Juventus in the final? I don't know if anyone could of predicted Juventus in the final but surely it will be a great game. We have no suspensions either so we'll hopefully have a full team there in Istanbul which is only fair.

Congratulations Daniel.

Cheers!

Champions League Semi Final Leg 2

Liverpool 4 Cisse 33 52, Esposito 36, Kewell 45

Real Madrid 1 Zidane 28

MOM - Esposito

Att: 45285

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Josemi, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Real Madrid (4-2-2-2); Casillas; Salgado, Woodgate, Samuel, Carlos; Helguera, Beckham; Figo, Zidane; Owen, Raul

Sunday 8th May 2005

The last home game this year was against local rivals Everton. I released a press statement a few days before telling fans that none of the first teamers would participate because I want them rested for the final of the Champions League and FA Cup. I'm sure the fans understood that.

First Half

Min 1 - GOAL! The game had'nt begun before Beattie could score. Beattie kicked off to Karagounis, he ran upfield, passed it through to Beattie, he tried a shot from 25 yards out! It sailed up into the top left cornor! 1-0!

Min 9 - Josemi tried to find Partridge down the right, Pistone cleared and Katan gathered up, he ran down the left, found Karagounis outside the area, played through to Beattie, he shoots! Over the bar!

Min 17 - Arteta has a freekick outside the area, looks for Karagunis outside the box, he shoots from outside the area! Saved by Kirkland down to his right!

Min 30 - Morientes goes down the left, he goes to the byline, cuts back to Welsh outside the area, he powers it towards goal! Over the bar!

Min 32 - Stubbs gathers up a loose ball, passes back to Martyn, finds Pistone infront of him, tries to find Katan out left, he heads the ball to his left to Karagounis, he threads it through to Beattie, he shoots from 30 yards out! Wide!

Min 35 - Traore has a throw in on the left, he throws it into the box, headed away by Pistone, Wlesh gathers up outside the area, shoots! Well well wide!

Second Half

Min 47 - Pistone tries to find Beattie, Traore heads down, he heads it to his right but Karagunis intercepts, he lays it outleft to Katan, he shoots from 35 yards out! Well wide!

Min 48 - Martyn clears, Biscan wins a header agaist Karagounis, he heads down to Welsh, he lays it out left to Le Tallec, he runs down the left, cuts infield, tee's up Welsh outside the box, he shoots! Over the bar!

Min 68 - Subs: Welsh, Hammill and Morientes off, Jensen, Smicer and Mycklebust on.

Min 80 - Le Tallec finds Smicer outside the box, he lays it out right to Partridge, he cuts back for Hamann, he htreads it back to Partridge inside the box, he cuts back again to Hamann, he shoots! Deflected! Wide!

Min 85 - Josemi gathers up the clearence, he plays it to his left to Traore, he finds Biscan upfield, he finds Smicer past the halfway line, he finds Mycklebust outside the area, he shoots from outside the area! Wide!

Min 90 + 3 - Smicer gets the ball on the left, cuts back to Le Tallec in the area, dribbles past Hibbert, crossed to the far post, header by Partridge! Over the bar!

Premiership

Anfield, Liverpool

Liverpool 0

Everton 1 Beattie 1

MOM - Arteta

Att: 45340

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Biscan, Traore; Hamann; Partridge, Welsh, Hammill, Le Tallec; Morientes

Everton (4-2-3-1); Martyn; Hibbert, Stubbs, Weir, Pistone; Arteta, Carsley; Osman, Karagounis, Katan; Beattie

Saturday 14th May 2005

The last premiership game of the season was away to Charlton. To no surprise again the reserves were in action in London. I'm sure most fans and players are looking forward to the two games to come after this one and try and get this one out of the way.

First Half

Min 10 - Thomas gets down the left, he dribbles past Welsh, he threads it down the left flank to Bartlett, he cuts back to thomas outside the area, he shoots! Curls away from goal and wide!

Min 14 - Rommedahl runs down the right, goes to the byline, crosses into the box, headed clear by Biscan. Kishishev gathers the ball outside the area, shoots! High and wide!

Min 30 - Thomas gathers up Traore's clearence, he lays back to Koncheskey, plays it upfield to Holland, he finds Bartlett inside the area, he turns, shoots! Kirkland tips it over the bar!

Second Half

Min 54 - Hammill was sent off for two footed tackle on Thomas. Morientes was taken off and replaced by Nunez.

Min 64 - Subs: Partridge and Welsh off for Woods and Mycklebust.

Min 72 - Hreidarsson tries to find Jeffers, but Pellegrino cuts it out, he heads down to Biscan, he finds Hamann infront of him, he finds Le Tallec in the centre circle, he lays off to nunez on the right, he threads through to Mycklebust, he shoots! It beats Kiraly! Hits the bar!!

Min 73 - Traore takes a throw in on the left, finds Le Tallec inside the box, he twist and turns and looses his marker, he shoots! Kiraly punches clear!

Min 76 - Johansson's cross is cleared by Traore, Nunez gathers up, he finds Mycklebust at the halfway line, he dribbles past the Charlton defense, shoots from just outside the area! Wide!

Min 83 - Traore heads clear, Perry gathers up, finds Sam on the right, he lays back to Kishishev, he lays back to Sam down the right wing, he crosses from the right, Hughes heads the ball towards goal! Over the bar!

Premiership

The Valley, London

Charlton 0

Liverpool 0

MOM - Biscan

Att: 27076

Charlton (4-4-2); Kiraly; Kishichev, Perry, Hreidarsson, Konchesky; Rommedahl, Hughes, Holland, Thomas; Lisbie, Bartlett

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Kirkland; Josemi, Pellegrino, Biscan, Traore; Hamann; Partridge, Welsh, Hammill, Le Tallec; Morientes

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Liverpool | | 38 | 31 | 5 | 2 | 76 | 18 | +58 | 98 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Man Utd | | 38 | 24 | 11 | 3 | 75 | 29 | +46 | 83 |

| 3rd | | Arsenal | | 38 | 23 | 10 | 5 | 80 | 28 | +52 | 79 |

| 4th | | Chelsea | | 38 | 21 | 9 | 8 | 65 | 38 | +27 | 72 |

| 5th | | Tottenham | | 38 | 17 | 12 | 9 | 57 | 36 | +21 | 63 |

| 6th | | Everton | | 38 | 16 | 13 | 9 | 55 | 42 | +13 | 61 |

| 7th | | Blackburn | | 38 | 14 | 14 | 10 | 47 | 39 | +8 | 56 |

| 8th | | Portsmouth | | 38 | 15 | 9 | 14 | 48 | 44 | +4 | 54 |

| 9th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 15 | 8 | 15 | 42 | 50 | -8 | 53 |

| 10th | | Fulham | | 38 | 14 | 9 | 15 | 54 | 55 | -1 | 51 |

| 11th | | Charlton | | 38 | 12 | 12 | 14 | 46 | 53 | -7 | 48 |

| 12th | | Birmingham | | 38 | 11 | 13 | 14 | 44 | 54 | -10 | 46 |

| 13th | | Middlesbrough | | 38 | 10 | 13 | 15 | 50 | 71 | -21 | 43 |

| 14th | | Bolton | | 38 | 9 | 11 | 18 | 34 | 47 | -13 | 38 |

| 15th | | Man City | | 38 | 9 | 11 | 18 | 54 | 71 | -17 | 38 |

| 16th | | Southampton | | 38 | 9 | 8 | 21 | 46 | 71 | -25 | 35 |

| 17th | | West Brom | | 38 | 7 | 13 | 18 | 36 | 59 | -23 | 34 |

| 18th | R | Aston Villa | | 38 | 8 | 7 | 23 | 42 | 69 | -27 | 31 |

| 19th | R | Norwich | | 38 | 6 | 10 | 22 | 23 | 54 | -31 | 28 |

| 20th | R | Crystal Palace | | 38 | 5 | 10 | 23 | 39 | 85 | -46 | 25 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Wednesday 25th May 2005

The day had finally come. It was time to play the Champions League final and against Juventus, the first time the teams met since the Heysel accident. That just spiced up the final even more. With Finnan returning I had a full team to choose from and so did Juventus wiht no injuries or suspensions. Last time the two met Juventus were the awarded winners back in 1984, that needed to change.

When we got there it was understood to be a massive majority of Liverpool fans in the crowd which would give us the egde in this encounter. Juventus has beaten Milan, Barcelona, Lyon, Celtic, Arsenal, APOEL and Red Star to get where they area today. Whereas we had to beat Real Madrid, Inter, Werder Bremen, Porto, Paris, Rosenborg and Banik Ostrava.

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

The day has come, how do you feel?

I've been looking forward to this day from day one to be honest. The atmosphere seems great out there and we are determined to take the trophy back home and stick in the old trophy cabinet.

How do you see the game going?

On paper on looks like a deadlock but we'll try and break their defense. This is no longer over two legs and tonight is when it's going to happen.

How do you rate Juventus chances?

Slim.

What kind of gameplan have you got tonight?

We're going to try and get down the wings as much as possible, their wingers are quite attacking and we should use that space behind them.

Good luck!

First Half

Min 11 - Esposito ran down the right flank, Birindelli won the ball off of him, he passes back to Cannavaro, he found Tacchinardi infront of him, he layed back to Birindelli, he found Olivera on the right flank, he found Del Piero outside the left side of the area, crossed in for Ibrahimovic, headed towards goal! Over the bar!

Min 20 - Gerrard tackles the ball off Olivera, Esposito gathers up, dribbles past Birindelli and takes it down the right flank, he finds Cisse on the edge of the area, he got past Cannavaro, layed back for Gerrard, he plays it through back to Cisse, he shoots! Buffon punches clear!

Min 30 - Birindelli takes a free to Olivera down the right, he dirbbles past Finnan, plays to Del Piero donw the right, he finds Tachinardi in the box, he's unmarked! Shoots! Saves by Dudek!

Min 37 - Buffon takes a free kick inside their half, he plays it up for Del Piero, Alonso heads upfield, Cannavaro wins the ball off of Cisse, Emerson finds Zambrotta down the right, he gets down the right flank, crosses in for Tachinardi, he shoots on the volley! Over the bar!

Min 41 - Birindelli wins a header against Cisse, headed away, Del Piero gathers up, dribbles past Alonso, lays it out left to Olivera, he gives it back to del Piero down the right, he plays it back to Emerson infront of the box, he aims for the top cornor! Over the bar!

Second Half

Min 55 - Zambrotta took a throw on the right, Garcia intercepted, found Kewell on the left, Tacchinardi won the ball off the Aussie, played back to Zambrotta, he plays it up to Ibrahimovic, he finds Del Piero to his left, he shoots from just outside the area! Wide!

Min 66 - Esposito off for Garcia.

Min 72 - Garcia and Cisse off for Hamann and Morientes.

Min 90 + 2 - Tacchinardi's free kick finds Cannavaro outside the area, he lays it out right to Kapo, he shoots! Deflects off of a Liverpool player! Trezeguet gets a head to it! Wide!

Extra Time

Min 97 - Ibrahimovic nicks the ball off of Hyypia, he bares down on goal, he shoots! Just a touch wide of the post! Should of scored!

Min 104 - Carragher fouled Ibrahimovic, Juventus are awarded a free kick outside the area. Nedved lines it up, shoots! Well wide!

Min 117 - Riise takes a cornor on the left, he aims for the near post, Morientes heads the ball! Great save by Buffon!

The Game Goes To Penalties!

Liverpool 1st P.K - Luis Garcia with Liverpool's first... shoots to his left... Buffon is rooted to the spot and 1-0!

Juventus 1st P.K - Ibrahimovic runs up to take his... He shoots to his left... Dudek dives the wrong way! 1-1!

Liverpool 2nd P.K - Gerrard steps up to take the spot kick... Cheekily chips it straight forward... Buffon dives to his left and 2-1!

Juventus 2nd P.K - Tacchinardi with a chance to make it level... He shoots to the right... Dudek dives left! But the penalty is too good and 2-2

Liverpool 3rd P.K - Riise places it on spot... He shoots to the left... Buffon is rooted! 3-2!

Juventus 3rd P.K - Kapo steps up confidently... He shoots left... Dudek dives right... and saves!!

Liverpool 4th P.K - Carragher runs up to take the kick... He shoots down the middle... Buffon anticipates greatly and saves!

Juventus 4th P.K - Nedved steps up... He shoots to the left... Dudek dives right... But the penalty is well placed and 3-3!

Liverpool 5th P.K - Morientes runs up to take the kick... He powers it straight forward... Buffon stays put... But it powers into the top of the net and 4-3!

Juventus 5th P.K - Trezeguet must score to keep Juve in the game... He shoots to the left... Dudek is rooted and 4-4!

Liverpool 6th P.K - Hamann steps up to take the kick... He shoots to his right... Buffon dives to his right and 5-4!!

Juventus 6th P.K - Zambrotta must score to keep Juventus in it... he shoots to the right... Dudek is rooted... But it hits the post!!!

LIVERPOOL ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!

POST MATCH INTERVIEW

Have fantastic is this achievment?

It's unbelievable, I'm very proud of my players and they thoroughly deserved it after the hard work they put in this season.

Do you feel that you were the best team today?

Yes we tested their keeper a few times and he pulles off some amazing saves. They had a few chances aswell but it was as I said before the game, a deadlock where both teams did'nt want to get exposed at the back.

Signing a new contract?

You'll know after the FA Cup on Saturday.

So what happens tonight?

Tonight we celebrate and then on Friday we prepare for the FA Cup final against Chelsea. The trophy is coming back to Liverpool!

POST MACTH INTERVIEW WITH STEVEN GERRARD

Gerrard, you have waited for this and now it's here, how do you feel?

It's a wonderful feeling. I can't say what tops best, the league of the Champions League but this season is the most memorable ever. I am very proud to carry the red colours and hopefully we can defend the trophy next year.

Are you happy with the current gaffer?

He is the best in the world. He knows what he wants and what he expects and he tells us what to do and when and he is just a great manager. The best in the world!

How do you feel that his situation is since he has only signed a contract which ends this summer?

I'm sure he signs well actually I hope he does so we can defend our trophies because he is definatly the best out there.

UEFA Champions League Final

Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul

Liverpool 0 (5)

Juventus 0 (4)

MOM - Buffon

Att: 80570

Liverpool (4-1-4-1); Dudek; Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Riise; Alonso; Esposito, Alonso, Garcia, Kewell; Cisse

Juventus (4-4-2); Buffon; Thuram, Zebina, Cannavaro, Birindelli; Zambrotta, Emerson, Tacchinardi, Olivera; Ibrahimovic, Del Piero

Archived