"British" League System

BungleFish

After playing FM2010 for a while i found myself kinda bored with the standard English League system so i decided to create my own "British" leagues which my friends and i all enjoyed playing, when fm2011 came out one of my mates said "when we getting the British leagues back then?" and so i remade my leagues for 2011 and decided to see if anyone else would like to play them.....

The British League System

After a Financial Breakdown in the football leagues of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the English FA stepped in to save the day by creating the British League System

The FA proposed that 7 new leagues be created with teams from all over England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all taking part (and gaining a reputation boost and professional status in the process).

The "British Premiership",

BPD.jpg

"British Championship",

BC.jpg

and the "British Leagues 1, 2, 3, and 4a and 4b"

BL1.jpg

BL2.jpg

(more images in next posts)

As well as the leagues, the FA decided to create three new cups, a "British Fa Cup", in which teams from the Premiership and Championship play two legged games (and can qualify for the Europa League from), a "British League Cup" which again would be played over two legs but teams from the British Leagues 1 - 4 would contest and a "British Cup Winners Cup" which would become the season opener and be played by the winners of the Fa Cup and League Cup at Wembley

The Fa decided that the Fa and League cups should have a restriction on the number of foreign players in an effort to bring new British talent through (they decided on a maximum of two foreign players in the match day squad in the end) and that the match day first eleven must include at least one player under the age of 19

The Fa proposed new rules for the leagues which included upping the number of subs to 12 (on the bench and useable in the game), removing the Transfer Windows and the limit of players allowed on loan at any one club, the squad size limit has also been increased to 99 with at least 10 of those being under the age of 24, the Fa also introduced relagation playoffs with the losers of the 2 legged semi-finals playing the final at Wembley and the loser of that game being relegated.

The Fa also decided that the number of teams in each league should be 24 and sorted by goal difference and/or results between the teams.

any feedback would be more than welcome, enjoy!

Download Link - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XYCUODO

hey tommy, erm in fm2010 after you moved the team from scotland to england you have to change the clubs nationality, fm2011 does it for you!! when you move the teams into the "english" setup they automatically become english! (thankyou SI) (still had to go into the teams to raise thier rep and make sure they are all professional clubs though lol)

Okay, well to be honest I am a little disappointed in that.. I would prefer a league where the teams would have their own nationality in order to make a league within 2 nations. I would like every nation to still have their own newgens and representatives within the CL and Uefa Cup. I know that this worked in FM2010, but you would miss out on a lot of data like which transfers occured etc..

I assume that the newgens created are based on stadium location, thus being still Scottish for Celtic for example? What about the Champions League, is it simply the top 4 from England which are being selected or does it pick the best english and then the best scottish teams etc.?

it is just the top 4 in the premiership that qualify for the champions league im afraid dude, which is what i was going for lol i just wanted a league where all the "British" teams played each other..... and yes the newgens are still based on stadium location (afaik) so celtic will get scottish newgens, tns will get welsh, etc etc etc... (so the national teams stay full strength, but i dont think its possible to make a league contain teams from two differnet nations as the league is based in england so teams that play in it would have to be english (i hope that makes sense))

It looks very good, although surely the likes of Swansea and Cardiff would be above their Welsh counterparts Neath and Port Talbot?

I was about to say this.

But no less, it seems a really well put together job. I think I might download it for a bit of fun.

It looks very good, although surely the likes of Swansea and Cardiff would be above their Welsh counterparts Neath and Port Talbot?
I was about to say this.

But no less, it seems a really well put together job. I think I might download it for a bit of fun.

good point about the welsh teams, thats my bad as they both play in england i thought of them as english teams, ill change that and reupload at some point in the near future...

and cheers Satio, let me know how you get on!

Archived