[HELP] Modifying the Default Kits in Game (3d & 2d)

Church CM

I have searched these forums and have not managed to find an answer to this.

I am trying to modify the default in game kit templates that are located here (these are the ones that are the bright red, green and blue that allow you to modify the colors via the editor):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\sigfx\graphics\pictures\kit_textures_v2\default

There are 53 variants and from what I can tell, FM2011 uses the ones in the kit_textures_v2 directory. It looks like the kit_textures folder is from FM2010 and earlier.

What I have done is modified #23 (I never use it in game) and simply changed the stripes. (Done in PS and saved as a .png file, I know that part has been done correctly)

When I go into the game and the editor my modification does not show up. It still shows the old design. I am assuming that there is another location that these files are located in that the editor and the app call on or am I wrong?

I have not changed the config file at all, all I simply did was change the kit called #23.

Does anyone know how to get that altered (23.png) to show up in the editor and the game?

Thanks in advance!

Archived