team talks for fm 2011 ?

They are all equally good. It depends on your players and their morale which is the better one to use. If morale is high I put pressure on my players by demanding a win and if morale is low I try to take some pressure off by having faith and such. You do have to be careful with young players or players with a weak personality because putting to much pressure on them will easily get them playing nervous.

Wish luck and no pressure can work great on players with low morale giving them a confidence boost which prevents them from playing nervous. If however you players have a high morale they will most likely cause complacency.

Not if you play against much better teams.

My best advice (along with looking at some of the guides in the forums) is to hire the right assistant manager.

Obviously how good an assistant will come depends on what level you're team is playing in. At the highest level, try to get someone with 16+ motivating, man management, high as you can get in tactical knowledge, judging player ability, determination and discipline. More often than not, they'll get the team talks right and you can make minor changes that you think are most suitable.

If you struggle with opposition instructions a good assistant with decent man management, judging player ability and tactical knowledge, is very helpful.

Think of a skilled assistant manager as both an aid with these areas of the game and a learning tool, so you can try to look at why he makes the suggestions he does. :)

This is what i have been using with Sheffield United throughout my first season and halfway through my second season.

I managed to get Sheffield United promoted to Premier Division in my first season by winning the title on the final day it was a 3 way tie with one game to go with me in 3rd place i won my last game and Burnley got beaten 4-1 and Portsmouth drew away from home 1-1 i won my last game 3-2 to win the title by 2 points over Portsmouth.

Second season i am currently in 14th position having to avoid relegation and 11 points clear of relegation so far. I developed my own tactic a basic 4-4-2 using the wizard and so far tactic is going well nothing special about the tactic as far as i can see i think how well i am doing is due to the performance i get out of my players by using team talks. I used to trust my assistant mangers to do the team talks but i have got excellent results using my following method of team talks. My tactic i made is nothing special just a basic 4-4-2 with a couple of changes here and there but by no means a wonder tactic so i am pretty sure it has to do with my system for team talks as that is the only thing i have changed.

ok here goes......

PRE MATCH TEAM TALK:

Players with morale of SUPERB = I expect a performance

Players with Morale of GOOD or VERY GOOD = I have Faith

Players with Morale of VERY POOR, POOR or OKAY = No Pressure

HALF TIME TALK:

Players with Rating of 8 to 10 = DELIGHTED

Players with Rating of 7 to 7.99 = PLEASED

Players with Rating of 6 to 6.99 = USE TEAM TALK - FOR THE FANS

Players with Rating of anything below 6.00 = DISAPPOINTING

POST MATCH TALK:

Players with Rating of 8 to 10 = DELIGHTED

Players with Rating of 7 to 7.99 = PLEASED

Players with Rating of 6 to 6.99 = USE TEAM TALK - NONE

Players with Rating of 5 to 5.99 = DISAPPOINTING

Players with Rating of Anything Below 5 = ANGRY

I hope this works as good for whoever tries it as it has for me, so far it has been outstanding nearly all my players have morale that is either good to superb and i am winning games against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham whereas before when Assistant Manager was doing them i was getting belted by all sorts of teams, and like i said my tactic i created is no world beating tactic that i created. This FM2011 relies a lot more on team talks and morale than the previous versions of FM i have come to the conclusion of.

Anyways see how it goes for you, but remember i am not saying this will win you everything it just is working for me.

Cheers,

kymsheba (Mike)

one thing i've noticed that has helped me tremendously.

its tied at the half but you are playing much better than your opponents you just can't seem to finish. try giving your players the no pressure/go out and enjoy the rest of the game talk. often you'll turn what would have been a 0-0 draw or 0-1 loss into a 3-0 or 4-1 win.

usually this happens at home and your players are nervous and this takes the pressure of them and lets them score. that's the only theory i have. usually i'd used this talk maybe 3 times total in the past 5 FMs but I used it at least 5 times my last season and had positive results.

Archived