[FM11] 100 Games in... and still going!

SwiftyBlade

Leagues: USA (MLS), England (Blue Square N/S + above), France (Ligue 2 + above), Germany (First Division), Italy (Serie A), Holland (Eerste Divisie + above), Portugal (Liga ZON Sagres), Russia (Premier Division), Scotland (First Division + above), Spain (Liga adelante + above), Australia (Hyundai A-League), Brazil (First Division).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the title says, 100 games in and still going. Simply means, I have played 100 games as a manager and I'm still going, which is an amazing achievement for me! Haha. I am into my 3rd season, I wasn't going to bother doing one of these, but after reading through a few I decided to, seen as I have spare time on my hands. It will have the season updates, and obviously the good old banter along the way! I should pre-warn you, my record on Football Manager is not good, I've never really won anything. So don't expect an immediate rise to glory! If I get any glory. I will do a brief summary of my first two seasons and my current pre-season.

Season 2010/2011

I started unemployed, with a ‘Sunday League’ reputation. It was in October, 10 games into the season that the Havant and Waterlooville manager got the sack, bottom of the league, looked a bit hopeless, out of the Fa Cup and the first team to become available. Well, I took over and nothing changed, in fact, probably got worse. Lost 3 of my first 5 league games, drawing the other 2. I did win in the Fa Trophy Qual’s mind… After that my form picked up, although my league position didn’t. I was always around the drop if not in it. Beat Blue Square Bet league leaders (got promoted) AFC Wimbledon in the Fa Trophy 2-1 then lost to Newport in a replay (round 3). Towards the end of the season my form dipped and I headed back into the relegation zone but I managed to escape, 2 wins in my last 2 league games got me 19th. Unfortunately all season I had been releasing players, at a cost, and plunged myself into £200k debt (which I’m still in).

League Table

Season 2011/2012

Pre-Season was decent, got a few people in to bolster my team and I looked ready to head up the table, I was aiming for around top half, 10th ish. We started very well, unbeaten in the first 9 games (last game was in the Fa Cup). And even after crashing out of the Fa Cup 3rd Qual round to Dartford 1-0 we still carried on well. December got me manager of the month, won 5 out of 6, loosing last game of the year to Forest Green, won 1-0 on the bounce 4 times. Kept 5 clean sheets in a row and headed into the new year looking very good and in the play-off spots. We boomed through the Fa Trophy, Bath, Hayes and Yeading, Hampton and Richmond, Stafford all crashed at our feet before tiredness and injuries took its toll and a depleted squad lost in the semis 4-3 (agg) to Harrogate. Around that time I fined Daniel Bogard for a red card, I hadn't checked why he'd been sent off and, all the players went uproar about it. I got one or two happy with me, the rest didn't. That sent our team into a big spiral of poor form. Fortunately for us everyone around us had the same, I rarely lost ground on top stop and the teams below me didn't close the gap like they could have. Although losing 8 of my last 11 games sent me out of the Play Offs and into 7th position. I was gutted, I deserved much more but my form at the end of the season was relegation like. Still, good finish and what I wanted.

League Table

Pre-Season 2012/2013

Looking ahead to this season I wanted to challenge for the title, cement my play-off position early and give the Fa Cup a good crack and crash out of the Fa Trophy (not arsed after last seasons tiredness). I had players leaving due to contract, I was happy about that, I was bringing in some really good players and seemed set. Then my board were tight and god dam well annoying, the crashed my wage budget right down! I stopped bringing in players and accidently lost basically all of my backroom staff (I was leaving the contract renewal till last minute, it progressed a good 5 days and made them all out of contract… Needed a whole new backroom staff). I eventually got that sorted but now, I was slightly concerned about the upcoming season, although I was confident they could do well...

Current Profile (The three 'media, players, press conferences' changes a lot, especially the players. Last time I checked, a week or two, it was 'door is always open')

Club Information

Current League Table (9 games in)

Current Squad (No injuries or suspensions! That will not last...)

100th game was in the Fa Cup 2nd Qual round, won 2-0 against Merstham.

Season          Team                            League                          Position        Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           19th            ---
2011/2012       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           7th             Fa Trophy Semi-Finalists    

Any and every comments welcome, got any questions? I'll answer them!

Good read that, will follow with interest. KUTGW.

Unlucky on the 2nd season, 2 more points and you woulda had playoffs - d'oh!

You feeling confident about your 3rd season in chanrge after a decent but unspectacular start to the season?

Erm, not quite sure. The board took a real dig to my wage budget and I haven't been able to get the squad I wanted. If I get the same wage budget (4k, I asked for increase and got it) then I reckon next season I'll be able to do it. But right now, not sure about this season. Just got into the Fa Cup 1st Round, beat Lewes in 4th Qualy round in a spectacular replay.

Interesting way of updating good luck in your 3rd season.you looking to stay for the long term or journeman style which seems to be the flavour of the month so far

I wont be getting Havant into the football league, I'm just not capable of it. But I'm not interested in going round as many countries as possible, just want to hack it out in non league for a few years and then work my way up.

I'm going on a little rant here and using words instead of swear words. I'm one that gets easily frustrated and just take a look at this, well, we go up to 2nd! Brilliant, 3-0 win and confidence is flying. Second in the table, joint on points with first and this happens... They forget how to play football, they forget what the meaning of 'short' is (I set my throwins to short because no one is ever long and therefore we loose possesion of the ball, so when I say they forget the meaning of short it litterally means they still throw the ball long loosing possession)

Morale

Form

Its ridiculos, you could say they got terrified of top of the table and prefer to have a lot of teams above and below them! 1 point, 1 frigging point. We have in that time conceded 3 penaltys and some amazing sloppy goals. My 6ft 6 goalkeeper somehow got beat (above his head) by a header? My striker who is 'League one quality' has found the net once the whole season, every other shot he has had misses the target or hits the goalkeeper, he doesn't have to move for it. The 3 goals we scored against Bishop were absolutle crackers, 2 of them were 30 yarders and the other was on the edge of the box. Then that happens! Its ridiculos and so frustraiting. They were so happy after the 3-0 win then they loose a game and go into friggin depression.

On the bright side, oh wait. There aint no brightside this time... I may have to change the thread name 'still going is hanging by the thread' Haha! That was a joke. This is one of the best saves I've ever had on Football Manager, as you can tell, I'm not one for sucess. Oh and btw, I came runner up in the manager of the month November... Doubt I'll be winning it Decemeber.

EDIT: Just finished off December with a 2-2 draw at home to Dover... but wait, we equilized in the 85th with, out any doubt. Thee Luckiest goal, I have ever seen in Football Manager, talk about wicked deflections on own goals, this was horific! So, put a downer on the results to say we had to rely on an astonishing amount of luck and backside. If none of you realized, went through december picking up 2 points!

Havant and Waterlooville Season 2012/2013

League Table - Well, what a shock. I can't quite believe how we managed 4th. I'm not being sarcastic, seriously. I'm amazed. I said at the start of the season Play Offs and well, that was in major doubt. We really were struggling and I was getting mad, I don't think we improved till March, anyway, lets have a look at the League Position Graph!

End of Season Results - This is a one off, just to show you something that has gobsmacked me. I was ranting and raving about my team but then somehow, it just clicked. Two new signings helped, played basically the same team for the last 13 games, only changed if forced to. I still can't believe it...

Squad - I am very happy with this, next season looks very promising. Not sure if its going to be my last with Havant and Waterlooville, we will see what happens. If I get promoted this season or next that will effect my decision. I'm not sure yet as to whether my team will become bigger or smaller. I do hope smaller but, if the players I bring in are quality, then I wont mind adding a few to the numbers.

Fa Cup - Solid run, really pleased overall and a very spirited fight against League 2 Lincoln. Not got a bad word on this.

Fa Trophy - Pleased in the style we went out, not battered just nicked by 1 goal against non league Redditch. I actually think the exit (I wanted) got me into the play offs as I got to play the same team week in week out, no tiredness or injuries.

Key Players:

Martin Hansen - He only played 11 games but as a goalkeeper backup he has to be the best (maybe apart from Shay Given at City), whenever Jan got injured or went on international (Czech U21) duty, he came in and did the job and was vital in my run at the end of the season as he played the last 8 games. Even got a bid for him from a League 2 team (can't remember who in January).

I'm not saying anyone else. As although there are some other 'key players' none of them were 'good' only Hansen was actually good. Will Hatfield played 43(3) games, the most out of anyone. Christophe Lemaire was my top goalscorer (12). Nathan Ashton is the dumbest player as, he had a contract till 2015, I wanted him gone this season and knew I wouldn't get any offers so, I offered him a new contract (little increase in wage) but till 2013, he accepted around the start of April. So he will now leave at the end of the season, along with Bobby Hopkinson and Manny Williams (reserves).

---------------------------------------------------------

Transfers - All of my ins and outs were near enough brilliant. Not one failed to impress although Monsanto had a very slow start. Thsts the only negative, Mason, Hansen, Darbo, Horne, all did a brilliant job for me and really impressed, all season. (although Darbo and Horne came for the final run in, so glad I signed them, doubt I'd have made it without them). Horne gave me a proper right back to stick with and Darbo scored some important goals, although did miss an open net (the 1-1 draw with Welling). Darbo played 13 games and scored 6 goals in total. A cracking return I think!

Current Career:

Season          Team                            League                          Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           19th            ---
2011/2012       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           7th             Fa Trophy Semi-Finalists    
2012/2013       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           4th             [i]Play-Offs (TBC)[/i]

Overall Comment:

Bring on the Play-Offs!

Play Off Semi Final First Leg - A really even game, and I went for the third late on but didn't get it, although they didn't score either, makes it out for a very tense second leg. Away aswell.

Play Off Semi Final Second Leg - A really one sided affair, they had it all. Took the lead with a simple goal and we equilized with a cracker, Monsanto just ran and ran and ran before slotting it under the keeper! Then, went down to 9 men with 5minutes left and even though added on time reached 97:30 we still hung on to reach the final. Bring on Eastleigh, who finished 2nd.

Play Off Final - I'm getting my complaint out of the way first, why the hell did we play at Eastleighs stadium? Seriously, it gives them an advantage (due to the fact you can choose the size of the pitch at the start of the season and they've had that for half of their games). Apart from that well, they deserved it... They came second in the league and we just didn't show up. It wasn't helped by the fact they injured Lemaire so I re-jigged my formation. I'm just guttapointed to say the least, really upset about it being at THEIR stadium and the fact we just didn't get started. Not once did we get forward and the game flew by with 3 quick snipets of scrappy goals. Seriously, there was nothing to enjoy about this Play Off Final and it will be quickly forgotten, I can assure you. EDIT: Just found out they're one of my closests rivals, OUCH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           19th            Took over in October
2012/2013       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           4th             Lost in Play Off Final

That sounds pretty unfair to me! I know half the support would be yours but really?! In real life that would never happen.

Unlucky mate, steadily improving though. Id put my dosh on your being champions next year.

That is my aim, I just need to see how pre-season goes with transfers and etc, gonna have a big look at my staff and see what I can do behind the scenes, although being in debt is not helping, I'm loosing money every month as well. So its going to be interesting, thats for sure!

steady progress mate. KUTGW

don't get those itchy feet and do a runner. Get to 1000 games.

I'm not in it with Havant and Waterlooville for the long run, I'm pretty sure about that. I am really enjoying my time there but I'd also like to move around even if it is to the same league.

In real life that would never happen.

I'm quite sure that in the Blue Square South and North that the play-off finals are played at the ground of the team who finished higher out of the two teams. And as Eastleigh finished higher than Havant, then it's correct to be played at Eastleighs stadium.

I'm quite sure that in the Blue Square South and North that the play-off finals are played at the ground of the team who finished higher out of the two teams. And as Eastleigh finished higher than Havant, then it's correct to be played at Eastleighs stadium.

If thats true then thats a bit of cack rule... Choose a stadium between the two towns yes but making them play at the team that finished higher seems a little unfair.

Havant and Waterlooville Season 2013/2014 Preview

Transfers - I am very pleased with how my transfers went, I got them over and done quickly and they all have improved my team. With the players who left, I'm very glad I didn't have to release them therefore spending more money and they were all low stars, around 1 and half, so I wanted them gone! Mustafa Tiryika was a shame to see go after everything he did for us in 2011/2012! He even seemed to carry on that form into last season but for somereason he just started found himself out of the team and demorlized, so I decided to let him go! Even Sam Pearce said when he left that he was sad to part from me, which was a nice surprise!

Fianances - This is the first time in a long time I've been under 200k in debt. I'm hoping it stays like this and improves. I've made a huge effort on my wage budget, I chose winner and was given 3.7k (I had 4k last season after asking for increase) and at the moment I'm spending 3.4k. So I'm very please with that. I don't get why the staff wages arnt put into this wage budget, but oh well better news for me.

Scouting - During pre season I asked the board if I could have a wider range to scout and after being rejected, I put my point across and they kindly accepted, so now, I can scout all of Europe! I'm very pleased about that, but with 2 scouts that isn't enough, so onto the next request, I asked to be allowed more scouts, they agreed so I can now have up to 6! (I think I've got 5 at the moment). So I've sent them all around Europe!

Squad - I'm happy with my squad, the players that came in have definatley improved my team and the players that went out will not be missed. If I have one little complaint, I did sign one to many CM's, as you can see, keeping a similar team all season in midfield will make players unhappy, which wont be the best of ideas. So I'm hoping for the best and that rotation will really work for me this season. I was bidding to sign an extra left back but he went to Elgin instead, not to bothered, Tony Diagne can play left back and he is learning it, so he is always there if need be.

Expectations:

League - I said winner to the board, and if I'm not in the top two, I'll be dissapointed. I would love to win the league and get them up! If I do get promoted, I'm all up for signing a new one year contract to see how well I can do in a new league. But, we will just have to wait and see what happens. I believe I have the squad to do it, whether or not they can pull it off is a differant question!

Fa Cup - I would like to make the 2nd round, but if I get a tough team in the 1st round there wont be any complaints at going out.

Fa Trophy - Again, go out, quickly.

Bring it on!

That is true, in real life the 08/09 BSS playoff final was at Hampton & Richmond's ground because we (H+R) finished 2nd and the other team had finished 3rd. We still lost though :(

That is true, in real life the 08/09 BSS playoff final was at Hampton & Richmond's ground because we (H+R) finished 2nd and the other team had finished 3rd. We still lost though :(

Gah! Shame! Even if it was somewhere else we would have still lost!

If thats true then thats a bit of cack rule... Choose a stadium between the two towns yes but making them play at the team that finished higher seems a little unfair.

It's the reward for doing better in the season. Seems a bit unfair that a team that finishes lower might end up with the promotion, yanno? ;)

It's also a very American way to think. Not sure that's a positive... :p

It's the reward for doing better in the season. Seems a bit unfair that a team that finishes lower might end up with the promotion, yanno? ;)

The better team gets home advantage in the playoffs. Nothing wrong with that. :p

You guys are lucky you don't have an 'All-Star Game' or some other bloody gimmick to determine who's the home team/home advantage for a playoff final! :D

There was one point between all the play-offs (I think) I know Eastleigh had 71 and I had 70, so we were basically the same! Darn it! Ah well rules are rules :p

Well, due to the fact I don't believe in 'jinx' I'm going to say this, as you all know. I said I wanted to win the league, I told the press we would win, then they asked me probably around 2months ago (just entered February) and I was around 12th, again I told them we'd win the league, they said in the press something like ridiculos choice etc. And well, look at me now, just gone top. I'm looking forward to doing the end of season report, its been a brilliant season so far! And I've got all weekend to do it seen as the Blades game vs Reading is postponed :D always a brightside to life!

Havant and Waterlooville Season 2013/2014 Review

League Table - Well, it says it all really. So so so close between everyone. Glad to have improved on last seasons position just disapointed I didn't win the league as I know I could have, comfortably as well.

Position Graph - Well it's nice to see after losing my 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th game of the season I managed to turn things around and head up the table. (Oh, by the way, when I was top, I hadn't notice teams had games in hand, darn it) Then I stuttered, when really I should have cracked on and really gone for the league but I didn't. Just managed to pick up last few games though, so not all bad.

Results (First half of season) - Well, after a start that will not be looked back on, we really cracked on with the season. Started heading up the league thick and fast. The loss to Dorchester in the Fa Cup was frustrating as we should have hammered them in the first game but never got close to goal! (That 0-0 draw to Dorchester was the last time we would fail to score for 23 games running!)

Results (Second half of season) - As you could see, win after win to head into the new year, only lost twice (both 4-2 in actual fact) but then as we got near the top of the table, we really stuttered and couldn't seem to score which was very frustrating due to the fact we were banging them in left, right and centre! But, as they show, we managed to grab those vital last few wins to help us finish 3rd.

Job Security - There was always speculation in the media due to the fact I wasn't top. Which was frustrating, but in the end got offered a new contract. Although this time, I've decided to leave it till the end of the season, if we get promoted I'll definately accept, if not, it's going to be tough to see another season, I've given promotion enough cracks as it is, maybe it's someone else's turn?

Squad - I am pleased with the squad, just a little disapointed we didn't win the league with it. Its a shame that Hansen is going because he became my number one keeper but I've got another lined up to replace him, although next season I reckon Sebak gets the number one jersey all season. Horne and Diagne did their bit and well impressed me. I have to admit, David Hammond was an absolute star, possibly my best player, I was gobsmacked. Didn't think he'd get a game and due to injuries, he got his chance and more than impressed! Taianan chiped in this season and although he didn't settle, that never effected his performances, pure pro, just a shame I couldn't get him another Brazilian in! Darbo was brilliant last season for last few games and he carried on this season playing really well, scoring and assisting! A shout out has to go to Ray Ford though, didn't use him too much but he always seemed to help us, either creating a goal, or scoring a goal, either way he was involved!

Fa Cup - Real shame how we went out to non non league Dorchester, we really should have won in the first game. Guttapointed to say we didn't.

Fa Trophy - Only just sneaked through against Faversham, last minute winner thank god. Not bothered about going out, just didn't want the replay.

2010/2011       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           19th            Took over in October
2012/2013       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           4th             Lost in Play Off Final
2013/2014       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           3rd             [i]Play-Offs (tbc)[/i]

Overall Comment: Bring on Gloucester in the Play-Offs!

Play-Off semi final first leg - We were unlucky to loose this, it was such an even game that it had a draw (0-0 at that) written all over it, but in the last 10minutes as I went for overload to grab a goal they scored an absolute cracker. Hat off to him, that was some finish, 25 yards but round the keeper and into the bottom corner. Its a shame we couldn't nick a goal but I was confident we could get them at our place and beat them!

Play-Off semi final second leg - At the start of the game I made one of the best decisions I've ever made, I'd been thinking about doing it and decided I'd go for it. I went 4-2-4 overload, I know we have been hit on the break when playing like this to get back into games but I thought it would work from the start. Played all first half with it and it worked wonders, 2 goals in the first half, I was going to the Play Off final for a second time. Then, the worst decision I have ever made, I revereted back to my old tactic, 4-3-1-2 control, they scored 2 and I quickly and a change back to overload and throwing strikers on didn't do the trick, hit the woodwork twice and had one or two chances but we drew the game and Gloucester made it to the final... If only I had kept 4-2-4 I might have beat them, who knows, you can't dwell on the past.

Overall Comment - Gutted to go out, wanted promotion and didn't get it. I'm really undecided as to what I'm going to do now. I want another seasons crack at it, but there isn't much, if any improvements I can do. We will have to wait and see my decision.

Season          Team                            League                          Position        Achievments
2013/2014       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           3rd             Lost in Play Off Semi Final

Stressful start to the new season, made 200 games and now just being taken over. So into the black! Only with 32k, and I'm sure thats going to decrease each month :thdn:

Recently I've been applying for international jobs but getting none. Also been thinking about resigning but I think thats just tiredness talking :p Although, after Havant and Waterlooville I think I'd love to take over an international team.

Note: England are 'crap' and currently 23rd in world rankings (last time I checked 38th) failed to qualify for World Cup, finished 4th in group and even Luxembourg got a 1-1 draw with them!

Hope you get a new job soon Swifty, a job that's the right setup for you and all.

I'm really hoping for an international job but, I went down from 'Regional' to 'Unproven' so I might have to look in the Blue Square again. Thanks though.

ul, mate. You'd think 2 playoff appearances would get you a longer leash.

Yeah, and with the other two seasons where I struggled to get out of the blocks but stormed it near the end.

Unlucky there, good luck for the future. And is that the Luton 'legend' Super Kev Nicholls? If so, what's he like as a coach?

Thanks. Erm, just checked his history, I would assume so? I signed him as a player for my second season and he was very good, but then he got old and he just wasn't up to it but he gladly accepted a coach role. Kevin Nicholls Profile.

I had two job offers, one from Solihull Moors in Blue Square North relegation fight and one from Lowestoft Blue Square North (bound to be relegated) I rejected both and finally just coming up to March got a job offer that I liked the look of. Salisbury City, Blue Square South, 16th and got really good wages (5k) I hope for that next season. One thing I saw, very, very odd is this, their staff consists of 9 Physios and 1 Scout.

Salisbury City Squad

Blue Square South League

Havant and Waterlooville 4 - 0 Salisbury City (I'll save you the hassel in clicking on the link and tell you the score ;))

Stress-levels went through the roof here! Good job my mother told me tea was ready and brought me back to reality before I smashed the screen in! Oh how they played well and nice. Its as though they're differant players!

Best of luck with Salisbury...At least they will all be fit!

haha, thanks a lot mate!

Well, I'm not going to do an end of season update due to the fact I was there, what, ten games? I'll do a pre-season update tho (assuming I get the gig again!)

League Table - Havant and Waterlooville made it to the play-offs 3rd year running (I still know they'd have got there with me!)

they won 3-0 in first leg and were 3-0 down in second before scoring in 77th minute to take them to the final, some part of me wanted them loose in the semis and now all of me wants them to loose in the final!

Ahh! Not happy, they won 4-2 against Dover!

Squad - Big changes coming I hope!

Results (under me) - From the 3-0 defeat to Eastleigh, looking back, I did very well I think. :thup: actually pleased with those results, didn't realize how good until now!

Salisbury City Season 2015/2016 Preview

Well, here we are, on the eve of my 6th season as a manager and the first start to my full season with Salisbury City!

Well, after a strong finish last season I knew I wouldn't get 5k wages again, due to the fact the club was in financial debt (worse than Havant and Waterlooville) so when I took charge, I didn't see the problem with releasing Physios giving compensation, there is a little bug though. It says I have a physio yet he is unemployed, well now he is employed at Bedford, but he is still in my staff list, I can't do anything about him and can't put a job placement out for physio so I would assume that he is with me and looks after the players when he shouldn't. So, changes were coming, I had players going due to contracts running out and then I managed to sell my wingers (don't use them). I brought one or two players in last season. So here is my transfers, and here is the print screens of my new signings:

Alex Chadwick (last season)

Matt Davies (last season)

Joe Palmer

Martin Morris

Paddy Ward

Ty Ricketts

Mick Wigglesworth

Nicky Smith

Peter Everitt

Mark Bowker

Toby McDonald

As you can see, I went for the young. I have a '3 year plan' giving all of them a full time contract till '2018', like me and some of the staff. That year is the year I hope to be promoted to the Blue Square Prem then therefore I can let the players that aren’t needed go. I am pleased with my signings, kept it under my 3.4k wage budget and I only have to finish in the top of the table (media predict 6th). I'm using the same tactics as I was at Havant and Waterlooville, just tweak it every little to get it just right.

Squad quick note, the 'PR' is for the changing of captain.

Information

Finances - these have nearly been slashed in half from last year.

Pre-Season results:

Salisbury City 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Salisbury City 1 - 2 Bournemouth

Salisbury City 0 - 1 Torquay

Bedford 1 - 3 Salisbury City

Salisbury City 2 - 4 Barnsley

Sheffield FC 1 - 3 Salisbury City

League: Finish top half of table if we can, I'll take a dull season for the players to get used to one another and for them to gain match experience. So I'm not expecting much this season.

Fa Cup: Go for the best run I can, first round I'd be happy with.

Fa Trophy: I'll try and get to the quarters/semis! Play my strongest team every game!

Let’s see what happens! Bring on the new season and AFC Hornchurch, who I play first. Hope you enjoy reading, any comments welcome and if you want information or screenshots on anything just ask!

Season          Team                            League                          Position        Achievments
2013/2014       Havant and Waterlooville        Blue Square Bet South           3rd             Lost in Play Off Semi Final
2014/2015       Salisbury City                  Blue Square Bet SOuth           12th            Took over in February

For anybody reading, could you please respond.

I have 2 little things to point out and would like your feedback,

1) In any game, whether there be a load of chances or none, whenever I do a sub/change my tactics it will go for a good ten minutes at least without showing anything. Its frustraiting as I'm usually loosing and want to change the scorline but I now don't want to change anything because I know it will stop all chances, even for them. Happend all the time from the first season to now, its so annoying, anyone else have the same problem?

2) You know I had target problems with Havant, usually averaged around 10 shots a game with about 3 on target, well now with Salisbury, I'm honestly averaging 20 shots a game, 5 on target, the opposition are having around 5 with 3 on target and scoring, I'm not. I was at the start of the season, they didn't get any chances so I was winning 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, with my 20 odd shots but now tables have turned and they're scoring a lot compared to me, any ideas? I've tried changing my tactics..

Hi Swifty, enjoying your thread, keep it up.

with reagrds to your questions

1) I cant say I really experience this in my game,although it does sometimes happen....I just assumed my tactically changes were being countred by the opposition?

2) I struggled with this too from BSN to League 2. I think its just the player you have at that level. Ive now managed to crawl into League 1 and the players are obviously better and are now taking their chances when they come along.

SwiftyBlade, what do you have your preferences set for as regards how fast the game runs? Might be that you need to run the game more slowly, so that the processor and your input interface more often.

As to problem #2, that's all about what type of chances you are getting. Look at the Analysis screen. If your shots are all like these shots, and your CCCs and HCs are much less, like these are, then you can lose easily to an opponent who is producing shots of quality, like these are. If that is what is happening, you need to get your players to work the ball into the box before shooting; there's a touchline shout for this if you see it happening mid-game. :)

Of course, if they are all coming from close in, then it's a matter of composure or finishing. Check the abilities of your strikers and attacking mids in this regard.

It seemed to be just a two game blip.. We won a few afterwards, then had another two game blip. Odd.

Its still happening mind, still creating 10+ chances and only getting around 2 on target, I've started more shooting training and got players working on the finishing. The only consolation is that teams seem to be having the same problem, just I usually have double (or more than double) the amount of shots and double to amount on target. E.g I had 10 shots, 2 on target, they had 5 shots 1 on target...

I didn't realize until I started the match and just thought 'Oh, hey! Its Lincoln, again' as you can tell, I made it to the 1st round of the Fa Cup defeating lower league opposition in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qualifying round. Lincoln however have been relegated to the Blue Square Prem since I played them in the 1st round of Fa Cup with Havant and Waterlooville few seasons back when they were League 2 and I lost 3-2. This time round, we went 1-0 and battered them stats say it was even, but in the first half I had everything and should have been at least 2-0 up, so we rued our chances and they won 2-1, scoring in the 92nd minute... Gutting blow. But thats the Fa Cup for you.

Well, I do apologise for taking 12 days to do a season! I didn’t go on for it a while and then, well went on it and couldn’t stop! I was up till 4am one night, and spent the whole of the next day in the same clothes finishing off my season and you wont be surprised when read on!

League Table/Position Graph – If I was given £50 and told to bet on either: Finishing in the position we did or My Grandma having more possession of the ball in a game against Barcelona, I would have definitely gone for my grandma! There was the same problem in every game, hit about 10-20 shots per game, got around 5 on target. We had spells where none would go in but most of the season, we scored every game! Which, helped us win the league. We started well and just improved, had a blip but managed to nick top spot in the last two games. The league was always tight (hence the up down graph) and, very near to the end of the season 6 teams where within 3 points of top spot. Which is why I won it on the last day of the season and scored a low-ish winning points tally.

Fa Cup – I did what the board wanted and got to the First Round. I had it easy up to then and nearly had Lincoln but threw away a 1-0 lead!

Fa Trophy – Again, did what the board wanted and got to the Second Round. Again, had it easy, but came unstuck to Blue Square Prem opposition, I nearly had them as well. So all in all not bad in both cups.

Squad – I’m very happy with them, and although I expected nothing from this season. They really did surprise me. Strikers weren’t brilliant and I will be looking at bringing in some different ones next season as I need consistent performances from them. I never realized how many goals Salau scored. He had vital ones but 11, top goalscorer was quite a surprise!

Transfers – Nothing has changed really since the start of the season. Delighted with who came in and who came out. Foyle even did a good job for me after being sent to me on loan by parent club Bournemouth.

Key Player Profiles

Alex Chadwick – Well, he really should have won Player of The Season, got quite a few man of the matches and consistent performances.

Joe Palmer – Took him a while to get into the team but when he did, he definitely showed his class and played well basically every game.

Mark Bowker – Played at left back and always did both defensive and attacking duties!

Janos Kovas – Can head the ball for England! But could never get the ball in the back of the net from corners! Whenever the ball was pumped forward he would head it away. Proved his reports wrong!

Achievements

Iron Curtain - Conceded the least amount of goals in the league this season.

You're Up - Guided your team to promotion.

Current Career

2014/2015       Salisbury City                  Blue Square Bet South           12th            Took over in February
2015/2016       Salisbury City                  Blue Square Bet South           1st             Promoted as Champions!

Overall Comment: Brilliant season! Overwhelmed with it. So, please share your thoughts and feelings! Any questions, posts are welcome!

Archived