PC specs for fm 2011

Hey guys. I am buying a new computer and need a little help. I was wondering if this computer with the specs (below) would be good to run Football Manager 2011. Please let me know as I might buy one today. Thank you & Happy thanksgiving!!

Processor Brand AMD

Processor AMD Athlon™ II

Processor Speed 2.9GHz

System Bus4000MHz

Cache Memory2MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM)8GB

Type of Memory (RAM)DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive TypeSATA (7200 rpm)

Hard Drive Size1TB

GraphicsATI Radeon HD 4200

AudioHigh-definition (7.1-channel surround capability)

SpeakersNone

Network CardBuilt-in 10/100Base-T

Wireless NetworkingNone

Recordable DVD DriveYes, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Recordable DVD Drive Speeds12x DVD+R DL; 12x DVD-R DL; 16x8x16 DVD+RW; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 12x DVD-RAM; 40x32x40 CD-RW

Direct-Disc LabelingYes

Digital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card reader

Available Expansion BaysExternal: 1 (3.5"), 1 (5.25"); Internal: 1 (3.5")

Available Expansion Slots1 PCI Express x16, 3 PCI Express x1, 1 MiniCard

USB 2.0 Ports6 (2 front, 4 rear)

Keyboard DescriptionUSB

Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.)Optical mouse

Operating System PlatformWindows

Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Software IncludedHP MediaSmart Software Suite; Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe and more

ENERGY STAR QualifiedNo

Best Buy PC AppNo

HDMI OutputNo

Blu-ray PlayerNo

Processor PlatformVISION Premium

Drive Capacity1TB

Desktop TypesPremium

Strange system,

Pretty poor graphics card but comes with 8gb RAM,can not help but think the card will bottle neck the system so the RAM will not be used to the full.

Would be interesting to see what the system cost's.

To answer your question it will run FM11 although not sure how the 3d match engine will run with the card.

Bottle neck=your system can only perform to the weakest part of your system,so if your card is pretty poor then your system can not take advantage of the rest of your system,you have 8gb RAM but you may as well have 2 or 3gb RAM as your card will hold the system back anyway for gaming.

thanks for your help daylight, I have decided to not buy that computer and am probably buying this computer below. What do you think of this one?

Item # 413142

Manufacturer # BM419AA#ABA

processor brand AMD

processor model Phenom II

memory 6 GB

hard drive capacity 1 TB

optical drive DVD±RW/DVD-RAM/DVD±R Double Layer

operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

processor speed 2.8 GHz

frontside bus speed 4000 MHz

memory speed PC3-10600

memory type DDR3 SDRAM

maximum memory capacity 8 GB

wireless connectivity 802.11b/g/n

network connectivity 10/100 Ethernet

modem no modem

ports 6 USB 2.0; 1 Ethernet; 1 DVI-D; 1 VGA 15-pin D-sub

memory card reader yes

video graphics ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics with shared memory

audio hardware High Definition Audio, 8-channel capabilities

peripherals included keyboard; optical mouse

warranty length 1-year limited

model name Pavilion p6620f

brand name HP

manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

Again I would worry with the graphics card,integrated graphic cards are very poor,I am not up to speed with ATI as I always use Nvidia but I think I am right in saying that this card is very poor and could struggle even to run the 3d match engine,although maybe someone will correct me.

My advice would be to look for a system with around 4GB RAM but with a separate graphics card...Nvidia wise look for something like the 8800 or 9800,or if you have a little bit extra to spend something around the 260 or higher.

I think this processor is much better than the previous computer. I searched on it now and saw that it could even run Cod4, asassins creed, fallout3, games that are all very graphical. Am i wrong? Anyone else give their input we would both appreciate it.

Its an ok low end computer. The graphics is integrated so dont expect too much but if you are only going to play FM then you should be ok. Anyway, you can always buy a dedicated GFX card later. Currently ATI/AMD is dominating in the price/perfmormance.

Why are you buying a brand name PC? Wouldnt a custom built PC be cheaper?

PS: people...seriously...stop giving advice if you dont know what you are talking about. What the hell does the graphics card have to do with RAM. Its not going to bottleneck you mem usage in any way no matter how crappy your graphics is.

PS: people...seriously...stop giving advice if you dont know what you are talking about. What the hell does the graphics card have to do with RAM. Its not going to bottleneck you mem usage in any way no matter how crappy your graphics is.

I'm definitely a layman when it comes to computers but even I though that was weird.

When it comes to FM you really only need to worry about processor and RAM, the graphics card will only effect the detail and smoothness of the 3d engine. This guy says he plays in 2D, so his graphics card should have no effect on his game whatsoever.

When the game didn't have 3D I had a graphics card blow up and FM worked fine, no other game worked, but I could still play FM so it didn't matter. :D

I'm definitely a layman when it comes to computers but even I though that was weird.

When it comes to FM you really only need to worry about processor and RAM, the graphics card will only effect the detail and smoothness of the 3d engine. This guy says he plays in 2D, so his graphics card should have no effect on his game whatsoever.

When the game didn't have 3D I had a graphics card blow up and FM worked fine, no other game worked, but I could still play FM so it didn't matter. :D

If you follow the thread you will see that the OP never mentioned playing the game in 2d until later,I gave him advice for the game as a whole,he has a pretty poor graphic card and as I mentioned could struggle with the 3d engine.

Also to jakobx the point I was making and as I said for "gaming"it would not matter how much RAM he had as that graphic card will hold his system back when he was gaming,his system is only going to preform to the limit of the card.

Also I gave advice as a football manager player and not as a tech expert.

Hey guys. I am buying a new computer and need a little help. I was wondering if this computer with the specs (below) would be good to run Football Manager 2011. Please let me know as I might buy one today. Thank you & Happy thanksgiving!!

Processor Brand AMD

Processor AMD Athlon™ II

Processor Speed 2.9GHz

System Bus4000MHz

Cache Memory2MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM)8GB

Type of Memory (RAM)DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive TypeSATA (7200 rpm)

Hard Drive Size1TB

GraphicsATI Radeon HD 4200

AudioHigh-definition (7.1-channel surround capability)

SpeakersNone

Network CardBuilt-in 10/100Base-T

Wireless NetworkingNone

Recordable DVD DriveYes, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Recordable DVD Drive Speeds12x DVD+R DL; 12x DVD-R DL; 16x8x16 DVD+RW; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 12x DVD-RAM; 40x32x40 CD-RW

Direct-Disc LabelingYes

Digital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card reader

Available Expansion BaysExternal: 1 (3.5"), 1 (5.25"); Internal: 1 (3.5")

Available Expansion Slots1 PCI Express x16, 3 PCI Express x1, 1 MiniCard

USB 2.0 Ports6 (2 front, 4 rear)

Keyboard DescriptionUSB

Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.)Optical mouse

Operating System PlatformWindows

Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Software IncludedHP MediaSmart Software Suite; Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe and more

ENERGY STAR QualifiedNo

Best Buy PC AppNo

HDMI OutputNo

Blu-ray PlayerNo

Processor PlatformVISION Premium

Drive Capacity1TB

Desktop TypesPremium

thats looks good to me very powerful indeed

Actually the card can run the 3D on medium with everything enabled.

Even high if you turn off background and weather.

It can do HD movies too. Older games and half of the newer games on low.

And The first one has more RAM. The CPU's exact model isn't mentioned so its hard to tell.

If you follow the thread you will see that the OP never mentioned playing the game in 2d until later,I gave him advice for the game as a whole,he has a pretty poor graphic card and as I mentioned could struggle with the 3d engine.

Also to jakobx the point I was making and as I said for "gaming"it would not matter how much RAM he had as that graphic card will hold his system back when he was gaming, his system is only going to preform to the limit of the card.

Also I gave advice as a football manager player and not as a tech expert.

Yeah but he initially asked how it would run FM and you just jumped straight onto the bottle neck topic. Even playing with the 3D engine FM isn't a graphic card stressing game. The size and quality of his card will only effect the detail and smoothness of the matches, there would be no bottle neck.

Also when I mentioned him wanting to use 2D, it had nothing to do with what you said. I was just giving an example that he could probably take the card out and FM would still run fine.

Archived