[Release] MiniScout beta

amster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arnica:

CAn anyone provide a n00bs guide to using this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. start FM 08

2. start Mini Scout

3. click "load" in Mini Scout

And that's it. When you view a player's stats, the Scout will show his CA, PA and value. Use the information as desired.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly congrats on a great tool!!! Second, do you have any plans on releasing any updates, what would make it great (for me! lol! Hopefully a few others are likeminded!) is to display the hidden attributes...and if not all of them the consistency value, because to be honest when using Genie I only ever looked at PA and CA and consistency. If not then no worries, just a suggestion. And again thankyou for helping me get through my "Genie Cravings" a little better!!

L

For Vista users: I've managed to get it to work a couple of times but I have no idea how. For example now it doesn't work and I've been trying for the past 10 minutes.

I'm not sure what triggers it to work but there is something.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions let's hear them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MUTULA:

I'm getting the following message

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Proceeid=Oxcd8 (3288)

Thread id = Oxe90 (3278)

Hi i am getting the same error anyone ahve any idea how to fix it??

Clisck ok to terminate application

Click cancel to debug

Any reason as to what is causing this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arnica:

CAn anyone provide a n00bs guide to using this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. start FM 08

2. start Mini Scout

3. click "load" in Mini Scout

And that's it. When you view a player's stats, the Scout will show his CA, PA and value. Use the information as desired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mate,

When I run mini scout the values do not change even though I've viewed different players. The CA, PA values don't change.

Whereabouts have you guys saved the miniscout file? I've just left mine on the desktop.

And which version ahve you downloaded?

I'm not sure which version of 2008 I'm playing.

Cheers!

if you haven't installed a patch it won't work for you. if you have it depends on which beta patch you have downloaded as the original patch was updated and there are versions of the scout compatible with each. So if you have installed a patch and the scout isn't working try downloading the other version of the miniscout and see how you go.

For Windows Vista (I use Home premium), the following steps might help.

1. Reboot (IMP)

2. Start Miniscout depending on your version (I am using beta patch 2 so using 1.1)

3. Click load - It will display some message like FM2008 not found (or something similar), do not close Miniscout

4. Start FM, Load save game

5. Without doing anything go the miniscout and click load again

6. Go back to your game and check.

This has substantially increased the probability of miniscout working for me. Actually it has worked almost every time since I followed the above steps.

Once again I am using beta patch 2, so may not work if you are using a different version.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UnStoPP4bLe:

amster are you going to make an update soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i am slowly upgrading it. In a few days i will release a new version

At the moment i work on:

Rewrite the code in C# *done

All in game currency supported *done

Mini attribute panels: all attributes shown *in progress

Editable mode *in progress

Staff support *not done

Mini contract panel: person contract and finance club *not done

Search by potential *certainly in a later release

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FunnyBunny:

Hi Amster,

how could u access the data in the save game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, ask Genie for that icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by forzaarsenal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Editable mode *in progress </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when will it be ready? I really need it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

many people need it but you have to be patient...I am sure amster does need people trying to rush him...

If you need an editor that badly you could make one yourself.

KUTGW amster icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pompeyboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by forzaarsenal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Editable mode *in progress </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

many people need it but you have to be patient...I am sure amster doesn't need people trying to rush him...

KUTGW amster icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UnStoPP4bLe:

amster are you going to make an update soon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i am slowly upgrading it. In a few days i will release a new version

At the moment i work on:

Rewrite the code in C# *done

All in game currency supported *done

Mini attribute panels: all attributes shown *in progress

Editable mode *in progress

Staff support *not done

Mini contract panel: person contract and finance club *not done

Search by potential *certainly in a later release

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FunnyBunny:

Hi Amster,

how could u access the data in the save game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, ask Genie for that icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pompeyboyz:

many people need it but you have to be patient...I am sure amster does need people trying to rush him...

KUTGW amster icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx, yes be patient one or two more days. I'll try to post some screen tonight check the site

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by popeye1878:

The program opens but doesn't show anything!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you click the "load" button? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by popeye1878:

how do you use miniscout? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First you need a joystick & then U press Load! Im not sure, hope there will be a step-by-step readme fil with it nexttime icon_wink.gif

Guest Ronaldo The Great

hey, great work here. I suppose that screenshot is for the editing function? It'll be nice to be able to "lock" values - as the problem with FMM etc.. is that the values just drops to 15 after a couple games - which sucks as you'll then have to edit every single player again.

I'm not so fussed about the players, I usually only edit coaches! But I've found in FM2008 - the stats for coaches are now doing the same bloody thing (they don't use to do that in 06, and 07!! - if you edit it to all 20 - it'll drop down to 15 in a couple of weeks!

So a lock would be a definite must for me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xmikejsx:

Hey, just wondering if anyone elses sell value always reads 4294967295?

How can i get round it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you looking at one of your own players? If so then i guess it's like that cause there's no AI to buy him from icon_wink.gif

great tool!!

even when FMScout 2008 comes out (finally), i will still use this program!

FMScout is just to do a searsh twice a year, and for the rest of the season i can use this little small program, which gives me everything i need!!

(unless you implement a search function too offcourse)

thanx a lot!!!

Quite frankly I don't believe that's possible osda. A thing like changing names is hardcoded and unchangable. Nicknames however, might be a different thing.

Philwood - you'll need the BETA patch (I'm guessing the latest version, 27MB's worth of it that is)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roofel:

any chance of making one that works for vista? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does work for Vista, try downloading both versions of MiniScout and launching the correct version of MiniScout with your version of the Beta Patch. For me to get this utility to work I need both versions of MiniScout.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bas|:

Quite frankly I don't believe that's possible osda. A thing like changing names is hardcoded and unchangable. Nicknames however, might be a different thing.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just hope he can do it ... i play the french league and the youth players names are very annoying (the first afrikan or arabian and the second purely french name) i want the first and last names all afrikan or arabian or french ...

Archived