Help please.My tactics suck

Last year after trying loads of peoples tactics i finally decided to build my own.I always manage Spurs and finally i created a winning tactic.

However this year i suck bigtime. I must of tried 10 tactics and at 1st i think great as i beat Chelsea 3-1 but then low and behold i get stuffed 3-0 by La Galaxy and im tearing my hair out.

I then tried the Ghost tactic V3 and the results were magnificent but it doesnt feel right using others tactics

I think one problem is i cannot decide what formation to play with Spurs. I sign Dzeko,Elia and Roberto Carlos and offload Keane,Crouch and Hutton but i cannot justify playing 1 striker yet its hard to play 2 strikers when i then have Elia,Lennon,VDV,Modric,Bale,Huddlestone and Bentley (who suprisingly shines in every game) to try and fit into the team.

So heres how i usually set my team up

If its 424 its

Philosphy FLUID

Stategy ATTACKING

Passing SHORTER

Creative Freedom MORE EXPRESSIVE

Closing Down PRESS MORE

Marking MAN MARKING

Crossing FLOAT

Roaming DEFAULT

Goalkeeper DEFEND Gomes

Full Back x2 AUTO Kaboul/Roberto Carlos

Central Defender x2 DEFEND Gallas/King

Centre Midfield

Advance Playmaker SUPPORT Modric

Deep Lying Playmaker DEFEND Huddlestone

Attacking Midfield

Winger ATTACK Lennon

Winger SUPPORT Bale or Elia

Forwards

Poacher ATTACK Defoe

Target Man SUPPORT Dzeko

Or if its 4321 i play Dzeko as a Target Man Support and put VDV as Trequartista

If you need any more info let me know and any help would be great

First off, I always play 451 in this game, no matter what, if the wingers are set as inside forwards it can also be classed as a 433 which is perfect!

Secondly Play wing backs, full backs do nothing in my experience as the game seems to be flawed to crosses so you should cut out wingers further up the pitch!

Thirdly, you are playing too expressive, I know that you have good players but seriously try something a little more restricted. Maybe even a rigid philosophy, adopt the 5x5 approach.

Forth If you are playing without crouch, set crossing back to default, you need tall players for the floating to work.

Fifth change your GK to sweeper keeper, you'll catch more people on the break, also try your defenders, one Ball playing stopper another limited cover; this is called the nike defence.

Sixth, your biggest mistake, don't play 2 playmakers! Try one box to box and one ball winner

Lastly drop one of your attackers either to attack mid trequartista or dm anchor. This either add more threat from deep or more depth to your defnce!

P.S. Or you could take a look at my tactic as an influence? :)

OH AND convert to classic, I don't know why but my results seemed to shoot up when I did!

There's also no reason why you can't use two "playmaker" type roles either, if you have the players capable of performing in the roles. With better teams and players, I often use two deep-lying playmakers, enjoying superb creativity and range of passing to supply my my more advanced players, whilst still remaining tight in midfield.

Playing one defender as cover and one as stopper is also not called a nike defense. A nike defense does use a cover and stopper defense (sort of) but not every cover stopper combo is a nike defense, it's more specific. Also a nike defense or a stopper cover defense isn't always better. It depends on how you play and on how your opponent plays. Secondly you don't need good players to play free and expressive football. Playing rigid can be very effective but giving your players freedom is not necessarily a bad thing, even when playing in the blue square.

btw. You don't need someone with 20 jumping to play float crosses. I have lennon on the wing and he has scored more from headers than crouch simply by running towards the far post and heading it in completely unmarked.

Mixed opinions then haha

I put float crosses because i thought Dzeko would benefit from this

I also decided on 2 playmakers as i thought this would best sum up Modric and Huddlestone.One supporting and one defending.

And ive also found it strange that players like Lennon seem to be scoring more headers than Crouch

Archived