FM11 - 'Official' Shakhtar Donetsk Thread..

will.patton1

I hate to say I agree with luka_zg but having enormously enjoyed the first season I am now struggling to get excited about the subsequent seasons. It may be down to me being an average manager but I find the league too easy and although I am successful in Europe I can't do the final push and win the thing. I am spending the money and getting splendid players but I am struggling with the long term aim of playing as Shakhtar.

Any tips?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My latest Shakhtar save is Brazilian/Ukrainian players only kind of thing.

1st Season Transfers

shakhtardonetsktransfer.png

(Notable transfers out missing: Kucher £2m, Gai £190k, Luiz Adriano £6.75m, Marcelo Moreno £3.8m)

2nd Season Transfers

shakhtardonetsktransferm.png

(Notable transfers out missing: Eduardo £7m)

Future Transfers:

Tiago Alves - £2.5m

Lucas Piazon - £2.7m

Diego Renan - £14m (Will replace Darijo Srna in the squad)

Squad (missing players are the 2 keepers, Pyatov and Khudzhamov)

shakhtardonetskshakhtara.png

Tactic

shakhtardonetskshakhtarl.png

I ran away with the league first season, and won the Cup too. Got to the knockout stages in Europe, but was beaten by Arsenal on away goals (4-4).

I got a tad carried away with my Brazilian youngsters, so they'll hopefully get a lot of game-time at Karpaty and Zorya. Wendel, Alan Patrick, Felipe Anderson, Jean Deretti and Cidinho all have a good shot at getting into the first team eventually. Who they'd replace in the squad would be a difficult decision, but will eventually have to be made.

Now though, I have a BIG decision to be made. I want another AMC to add to the squad. I've had bids accepted for Paulo Henrique Ganso (£35m) and Lucas Moura (£42m), and would like some advice on which one to bring in. I've had both previously, and Lucas was a better performer, but Ganso has a better scout report and would cost less.

I'm in my 3rd season at Shakhtar, with a squad of only Brazilians and Ukranians.

Don't need to improve it drasctically, and there isn't many players which would improve the squad, but I have £76m in the transfer kitty. Yarmolenko's contract is up soon, and I really want him, but he's not interested at all.

Stongest XI of

GK: Koval

DR: Diego Renan

DCR: Chygrynskyi

DCL: Kryvtsov

DL: Polyovyi

MCR: Fernandinho

MCL: Stepanenko

AMCR: Willian

AMC: Neymar

AMCL: Douglas Costa

ST: Bezus

Subs: Rakitskyi, Butko, Casemiro, Vitsenets, Alex Teixeira, Thiago Neves, Zozulya

Others: Korotetskyi, Mykytsey, Alan Patrick, Tiago Alves, Felipe Andeson, Wendel, Pryndeta, Garmash, Lucas Piazon, Cidinho, Jean Deretti.

Good team there Suggy. Shaktar are always a good team to have a game with.

On a somewhat related note, there is an excellent German documentary on them out called The Other Chelsea: A Story from Donetsk. Not strictly about the football club, it's still worth a watch. At one point a fan says "Fernandinho is ok, but no more Brazilians please" :)

4th season squad is slightly different.

GK: Koval

DR: Diego Renan

DCR: Chyrgrynskyi

DCL: Rakitskyi

DL: Mykystey/Pavlyuchenko (regen)

MCR: Garmash/Casemiro/Kalytvyntsev (sp) -

MLC: Stepanenko/Vitsenets

AMCR: Willian/Dudu

AMC: Neymar/Alan Patrick

AMCL: Douglas Costa/Alex Teixeira

ST: Yarmolenko/Bezus

Suggy I'm seriously considering starting a game similar to yours, and am just interested into your staff additions in the first season? And also, whether you used the 48 month payments in the first season to spend so much?

EDIT: Quite an impressive squad you have built up, when and how did you get of Srna though?

I have only added one member of staff, and that was when Goncalves the scout left in 2nd season, I got some 20/20 JCA/JPA scout from Metalist.

I ALWAYS put some of the fee's up front. Alan Patrick was £3.5m up front, £6m after 48 months, Dentinho was £7.5m up front, £7.5m after 48 months, Neymar was £5m up front, £19m after 48 months.

Srna left after 2nd season for £4.4m. Was in last year of his contract, and I had my eye on Diego Renan for a while, and when people started bidding for Renan, I made my move and ditched Srna as they were rated very similar. I still have Butko as a very solid back up (now a Ukraine international)

I have left a lot of people out of the squad there, thats just the general first XI. There are still Luis Guilherme, Butko, Kryvtsov, Chaiceridi (sp - starts at Dynamo Kyiv) and maybe one other left. I'll find out tomorrow when I load the game up.

Archived