Just been testing some tactics in holiday mode.Some info needed please

So far ive seriously failed creating my own tactics.

Im managing Spurs who i did well with last year however i couldnt find the tactic i used with FM10 until searching an old hard drive.

So i started messing around with it abit. I decided to run the game in holiday mode till 3rd January 2011 and did this with 4 different formations.By 3rd Jan i was 3rd twice and 4th twice.

I left the match preparation on team blend and let the assistant pick the squad.

The formations were

4321GreatHome.png

4222GreatforLennon.png

3rd41212.png

3rd4132.png

All tactics use Fluid Philosphy, Control Strategy, Shorter Passing,More Expressive Creative Freedom, Man Marking

then theres a few differences in the Tackling,Roaming and 1 plays Offside.

So what i want to know is how do i improve these tactics to go from 3rd and 4th to 1st

Is it changing the strategy or match preparation or is it not possible to tell as i ran them in holiday mode

Thanks Reece

If you ran any one of them as a normal save (i.e not in Holiday mode) you would have a pretty good crack at getting 1st place. Holiday Mode does not allow you to react to the opposition changing tactics etc or allow you to 'Shut up shop' to potect a lead etc. Holiday mode is so one dimensional it is never atrue test of a tactic

Archived