Trying to move 2010 editor data to 2011

Warning Sign

I made a huge Canadian pyramid in FM2010, and would love to use it again in FM2011. When I load the editor data from the 2010 folder I can see all my teams and such, but when I copy-pasted the same file into the 2011 folder and tried to load it from there, all I got was three clubs (Whitecaps, Montreal, and Victoria United)! Help, anyone?

A lesson to always make a backup of your original files....

I've had the same problem. I made a database in the 2010 Editor, and when I tried to load that database in the 2011 Editor, clubs, competitions, stadiums and cities were gone.

My only conclusion is that SI changed some fundamental things in how the Editor handles user-defined data.

(I was able to get a back-up of the file from a flash drive, thankfully.)

My only guess as to why the game would leave those three alone is that they're the only teams that I didn't create from scratch. I tried loading the original again and I can see everything in the editor, but the game itself tells me, when trying to load the data, "Error! Your top league calls for 18 teams, but you have only three!" Ugh. Any suggestions for this? Can I maybe "re-save" each team individually somehow?

(I was able to get a back-up of the file from a flash drive, thankfully.)

My only guess as to why the game would leave those three alone is that they're the only teams that I didn't create from scratch. I tried loading the original again and I can see everything in the editor, but the game itself tells me, when trying to load the data, "Error! Your top league calls for 18 teams, but you have only three!" Ugh. Any suggestions for this? Can I maybe "re-save" each team individually somehow?

have you tried starting the game with that error message I had that but carried on and game was fine

have you tried starting the game with that error message I had that but carried on and game was fine

Yeah, I tried continuing but the game won't allow me to select Canada as a playable league.

I find that I can start a game as long as I don't make any changes in the 2011 editor to the 2010 file. However, this messes up the clubs' colour-schemes (badges, etc.) and I'd also like to be able to give my teams selections of the new 2011 kits and so on.

Could the new FMRTE be a solution to this? And do I need to install the patch to use it? [edit: I looked, and yes, I do.]

Archived