[FM11] "More Clubs than tiger woods pt 2"

jackripper

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR--2016/17

So with me taking over with the club languishing near the relegation zone things needed improving straight away. We have an ageing squad and straight away i noticed we couldnt score goals so a striker was my main transfer target.

League Table--With us starting so low in the table anything higher would see me come out as a saviour and we nearly made the play offs but fell short in the last few games.

Squad--Under performed is all i can say. Some disapointing seasons which was the difference between promotion and staying stuck in the championship.

Finances--finances are secure with around £12million in the bank.

Transfers--I moved swiftly into the tranfer market and even though my squad is ageing i brought in the experience of Paul Robinson in goals and Winger David Bentley. I also loaned a few players but they didnt have the impact i expected. The next window is where i should do major business as the January window doesnt have much to offer.

Key Player

Andrea Bertolacci--with the whole squad virtually under performing my only shining light came in Centre midfeilder Bertalocci who virtually dragged us up the league table on his own.

Season   Country Club         League             Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Belgium  Antwerp     Second League      1st         League Champions
2011/12  Belgium  Antwerp     Pro League         14th        Avoided Relegation
2012/13  Belgium  Antwerp     Pro league         2nd         Runners up
2013/14  Belgium  Antwerp     Pro League         1st         League Champions
2014/15  Belgium  Antwerp     Pro League         3rd         Belgium Cup Winners
2015/16  Belgium  Antwerp     Pro League         1st         League Winners.
2016.17  England  QPR         Championship       9th         n/a

Manager awards
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2012/13 3rd place manager of year.
2013/14 Runner up MOTY
2014/15 n/a
2015/16 3rd place

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTAo0ZKqu8ueOZLC_-4p31TektcnceveqCyGrrvIYkYGolN9Dweg

Its 2017 and recently relegated Middlelsborough offer me a 3 year contract to go an take on the task of getting them promoted at the first time at asking. I had a deep look into it and saw some players that knocked my socks off and wondered how the hell they got relegated from the Premier League. However the finances may not be as good as QPR but the club seemed in better shape with a much younger squad and players who have so much to prove. For instance the mercurial Tom cleverly who i rated when he was starting back in Manchester.

People may wonder why i left a team with good financial backing to a team who just got relegated and would seem down on morale. And to be honest im not sure but theres always been a soft touch towards Boro from the days of Ravanelli, emerson and of course he Brilliant Brazillian Juninho. something about that team made me sit up and enjoy the football they were playing and i seemed to grow fond of the club. With possibly one of the nicest chairmen still at the helm Mr gibson i knew my job would be safe and would possibly take a lot to get sacked. Unlike QPR's owners who seemed to want instant success.

So i packed my bags and headed up North to start my journey with Boro and hopefully i can bring the success back to the club and bring back the day of european football at the riverside once more....................

Just been catching up with all this, what a great read. Podolski is brilliant as always, Wales have some good young players you should have stuck with them but international management can be a pain at times. With some luck Addison can be a brilliant player on FM10 he often ended up at a huge club like Inter on my saves. Good luck with Boro.

Middleborough FC 2017/18

what a great season for us and me especially. we got promoted to the Premier League at the first time of asking after being crowned champions and to top it off beatall the odds by beating Man City on pens in the FA Cup final after drawing 4-4 in possibly the greatest FA Cup final of all time.

League Table--With the strongest squad in the league champions could be my only aim and we did it with some style. We banged in 126 goals and amassed huge totalof 107 points as we dominated the league from start to finish.

FA Cup--With possibly the easiest route to the final playing a huge part on us winning the cup. We played Doncaster, southampton and possibly the hardest of the lot Newcastle as we knock them all out and end there dreams.

League Cup--After knocking out Man Utd who seem to have fallen from grace over recent years i thought this could be a great chance for silverware unfortunatly Sunderland had better ideas by knocking us out in the quarter finals.

Squad--with the strongest squad in the division i didnt sign anyone apart from a striker from Manchester Utd and a defender from arsenal both on loan to provide cover as we were a bit short in those departments.

Transfers--Brought in two players on loan from Manchester Utd and Arsenal respectively to add cover in my squad. Out going would se the older players in my squad like Danny Simpson,Gary O Neill and Scott Mcdonald bringing in around £3.6mil.

Finances--hovering around £2million in the bank but with prize and TV money from the Premier League next season we should be on a sound financial footing.

Key Player

Gonzalo barretto--Even though he was unhappy at wanting to move to a bigger club all season it didnt show as he was phenomenal all season banging goals from all over the pitch. 37 goals in 43 apps for me and not one club put in a bid thank god. Hopefully us going up now will make him change his mind and stay as his goals will be needed if were gonna stay up.also became the first player to score 4 goals in an FA Cup final. Which is an acheivement by itself.

2014/15  Belgium  Antwerp     Pro League         3rd         Belgium Cup Winners
2016/17  England  QPR         Championship       9th         n/a
2017/18  England  M'broro     Championsip        1st         League winners,FA Cup winners.

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2013/14 Runner up MOTY
2014/15 n/a
2015/16 3rd place
2016/17 n/a
2017/18 Manager of the year

Previous clubs--where are they now?

With me now approaching a new season with Boro i decided to do a little update on my previous clubs.

Antwerp

since i left the club had a dramatic rebuild by the looks of things with most of my squad being sold straight after i left. The tycoon is still there and flashing the cash and domestically they are still fighting for major honours with 2 league wins out of the last 3. They havent done much in the cup front it seems and the only surviving members from my squad seem to be Podolski and Gago. All the rest seem to have been brought into the club by manager who took over my reign.

QPR

with me leaving at the start of the season things seem to have gone well with the core of my team still there and doing great as they finish 5th but lose in the play off semi final. so fingers crossed they make the Premier League next season. Hopefully not straight swapping for us.

Transfers and other things

midpg.jpg

I was given around £18.5million to spend in the transfer window with the main objective to avoid relegation. I moved swiftly onto the the transfer market and found some real quality youngsters. Most of them may seem to young but i felt i would risk that for the future of the club and wether that leads to us being relegated i dont know. My scouts came up with most of the signings but one or two i found myself when scouring the youth sides of the big South American teams, both domestically and Internationally.

James Moore--20 yr old Goalkeeper with a great future signed from shamrock rovers. A solid keeper whos main strengths seem to be one on ones and being dominant in the air. Back up mainly.

Sander Roest--18 year old striker also bought to add depth to my squad. Possesses great flair and is a striker who always gives 100% every game.Even if they are rare.

Stuart Dowie--Winger signed on loan from Man city and possibly one of the best in the team. had an offer of £15mil accepted however he refused us which was a shame. Can become a World beater.

N'Diaye--strong centre back who doesnt seem as if he will make it at the club. currently in reserves and seems to be struggling despite his strength in the air.

Roland Schulz--Another loan signing which wasnt really needed but can play both full back positions so that was the main reason. Great team worker when comes on in games.

Goodwin[/b--Striker loaned from Man utd, Has a good eye for goal and has an engine like an Ox. A great player and a shame when he returns to his parent club. Second season with us on loan after firing us up to the Prem league.

Chabi Abbey[/b]--Like N'Diaye probably wont cut the grade at the club and is currently on loan at Lodz. will probbly cut my losses with this guy.

Leandro rodriguez[/b]--An exciting talent who could become world class in my eyes. a first touch that rivals no one and a great passer of the ball.Also very quick which causes many defences problems. seemed to struggle at first but slowly getting into his stride.

Walter Espinola--my marquee signing in the summer but seems to have struggled so far in English football. Has all the attirbutes to become a great footballer. Posseses great technique, First touch and a booming long shot for such a young player. Hopefully will settle soon and become the class act i signed.

Nathan Williams--another goalie who came in to push Steele my number one. Decided loaning him out would be better than sitting in reserves. currently on loan to Portsmouth.

Josu Ruiz--Spanish hitman who is currently learning with the u 18s. Had some offers from the big four for him but gladly rejected as he could become the next Ravanelli and hopefully not the Hamilton ricard of the club.

Winter window

cahzr.jpg

Before i start with my signings from the January window i was given the opportunity to change my season expectations as im currently punching above my start of season objective. i was shocked when i was offered £35 million to avoid relegation so i stuck with the safe bet and took that, With that kind of money i should be looking to push for europe never mind fighting off relegation. I wasnt really intending on signing any big star players but i was struggling at left back and well theres not exactly that many around worth buying that is better than what i got so i made a bid for Birminghams tom Lowring for around £10mill which they refused. I offered around 14mil and still rejected. They started playing very hard to please and were definatly looking for the most they could drain out the club. It was dependant on how bad i wanted the player and well as you can tell it was very bad indeed as i splashed around £20 million for the 21 year old. A crazy price for a left back. I was also offered a young striker from Barcelona for £2mil which is going to be a huge coup judging by his attributes.

Tom Lowing--My record fee signing from Birmingham. Where left backs are like finding life on mars this was an expensive transfer but one that was worth it considering the lack of left backs. will become an england star im sure.

Ivan korhagin--young goalie who has huge potential to become much better than my current number 1. still tinkering on wether to throw him straight into the deep end or wait till next season as i am depserate for a more solid goalkeeper than my current number one Steele!

Nicola Russo--The barcelona bombshell who was signed for under £3million and could become the biggest coup of the century. a great goalscorer with great dribbling, finishing and even strong in the air. What do you expect though when your training with the likes of Messi every day. Now hes training with the likes of addison...oh the joys he must feel!!.

[/font]

everar.jpg

With me now being recognised in England i was offered my first job from a Premier League team and that came in Everton who were floating around mid table. I saw the squad was ageing and to be honest rejected the offer as i felt i was on the verge of something special with Boro. Especially if my South Americans carry on bringing that sexy football they all seem possesed with. Even though Everton are a well formed club in the Prem league i didnt fancy going to them as i really couldnt see any differences in the two clubs that would make me want to go there. They still have the likes of Rodwell and my former striker Peter Smith but i am buidling something at Boro that hasnt been seen since the days of Juninho, Emerson and Ravanelli. So i rejected the offer and decided to stick with Boro for the unforeseeable future. However if a top four club comes in then who knows. Could i resist taking over one of the biggest clubs in European football who knows........................................................... I have however accepted a new job with E......

u21on.jpg

england-no-1-fan.jpg

So i was now put in charge of not only nurturing boro's youth but also the whole nations. Pressure if ive ever felt it. It was me they wanted to polish the unearthed gems of English football and make sure they are ready to make the step up to the national team and possibly win a World Cup or Euro championship. I will update more soon in regards to this job as ive not done enough yet to update anything really........But for now english football is in steady hands......unlike Robert Greens back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on climbing!! 2018/19

league19.jpg

So we went into the new season with great optimisim but it was soon showing as we lost our first 5 games and sat at the bottom of the table. The turn then came when we beat Wolves 2-1 and picked up a few more wins. It was only around Xmas time we started climbing up the table and soon we were sitting in 7th behind the usual top 6 teams. Most of the season we were fighting with Everton for the last european spot and we held off in the end after beating them at home in the last few fixtures we had. We suprised everyone including ourselves of grabbing the last european qualification spot and we head into next season hoping to build on that.

euro19.jpg

After winning the FA Cup we found ourselves with the opportunity to experience some European football in the Europa cup and we did better than expected as we had done domestically. We qualified for the gropu stages quite easy and were drawn in a group with fiorentina, Olympiakos and montpeiller. With the exception of maybe fiorentina i felt we could snatch results against the other clubs and if we grabbed a few points from the Italian club wed have a shout of qualifying. We lost both games to Fiorentina but managed to get the results we needed to finish runner up in the group. Something i wouldve taken at the start of the season. In the 2nd round we faced Dutch club Feyernood who didnt seem to be the big club they used to anymore. We rode our luck at times but managed to scrape through where we would face our parent club Napoli. The Italians havea strong squad and would be to strong for us as they end our dreams with a 3-1 agg win. Still to reach the 2nd round knock out stage was fantastic.

Domestic Cups

The FA and Carling cups were deemed disasters as we went out in the 4th round of the League cup to a 5-2 hammering by Liverpool. We then suffered more humiliation in the FA Cup as our feeder club Darlington whoop us 3-1 in the 4th round. A result my board would use against me virtually all season. However i am now on the favoured personel list of the club.

Key Player

My midfeild maestro and wonderkid Leandro Rodriguez stole the show with brilliant performances all season. He has really settled in at the club and its showing in his football. At only 19 years old he will only get better and i am currently in talks with a new bumper contract to keep out the vultures as im sure theyll be sniffing around soon. More of the same next season please.

I was also runner up in the Manager of the year awards.

2017/18  England  M'boro      Championsip        1st         League winners,FA Cup winners.
2018/19  England  M'boro      Prem League        7th         n/a

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2013/14 Runner up MOTY
2014/15 n/a
2015/16 3rd place
2016/17 n/a
2018/19 Manager of the year Runner up

england-no-1-fan.jpg

englabd19.jpg

So with me now in charge of England under 21's my first competition would be the European championships and we were drawn in a group with Italy,France and Russia so qualifying out of that group wouldn't be a foregone conclusion. We posses some great players but seem to be struggling with great wide attacking wingers which i prefer to use in my formation so i decided to pick the best players possble even if they probably would struggle to get into a league 1 side but still i have faith. we have some of the finest youngsters in the world and its up to me to do well with not only England but with the aid in there careers. We scraped through the group stage after beating Italy 3-0 we then drew the next two games 1-1 against France and the same with russia also. In the 2nd round we would face old rivals Germany and we were feeling confident. We were 1- up at Half time but two changes to tired players seemed to backfire as we ended up losing 2-1 and that saw us being knocked out against our rivals. My managerial skills will be tested as i have to now pick the lads chins up as we were probably favourites to win the competition.

Boro's Babes! 2019/20

league20.jpg

With my squads average age age of 22 we have possibly the youngest squad in european football, Certainly in the Premier League and my 'Boro Babes' would show the world that you can win things with kids by winning the Premier League title. A feat which had a little luck on its way but we won and its our name on everyone's lips. People are saying im the mastermind behind it but im not the one walking onto that pitch every game. Although i am kicking every ball with my players. We attacked in every game and it paid off as we beat teams left right and centre, There were a few blips on the way but that is expected. We turned it on when it mattered most. We showed our squad strength when with the title won at home to Arsenal i decided that the last game of the season i would put my fringe players out and they also grabbed a win to put the cherry on top so to speak. We scored 90 goals and still wasnt the highest scorers in the league which shows how unfortunate Manchester United feel. They scored a whopping 98 goals and still finished 2nd. We also had the 2nd best defensive record in the league with spurs having the best. My aim was to reach the champions league as this was my 3rd season in the league now and felt we could make a huge push towards it. But we are CHAMPIONS and we had to leave celebrations to a minimum because we would now............

ero20.jpg

Be preparing for a Euro Cup final against the mighty Real Madrid. We flew the group stage topping the table in a group that consisted of Red star, dnipro and Steaua so not the greatest teams in european football but we made it to the next round where we faced Deportivo from spain. A 2-1 win over there in the first leg set us up nicely and we finished the job at home to progress to face tricky German team dortmund. We drew the home leg 1-1 and i was contemplating putting out a weakened team to rest them for my title challenge i was currently in. I somehow resisted and we destroyed Dortmund 3-0 on there home patch to progress. Next up Trabzonspor who were struggling domestically but flying in europe. this was the draw i wanted as felt we were a better team than our counter parts. We won the game 3-1 on agg to set up a semi final against Chelsea. Chelsea dont seem to be the team of 10 years ago when they were fighting for titles. The old players have left and they havent really replaced them with great players. Even though we lost in the league 3-0 to them i felt we were on a good run and confident of progresssing to the final. The first leg saw us steal a 2-1 win at the Bridge and so we headed to the riverside to hopefully finish the job. I was debating wether to go defensive and try and hold onto our league but decided against it and went to kill the game. Barretto scored early on and we never looked like losing as they pushed forward we defended like gladiators and held onto to reach our 2nd euro cup final since the days of Juninho and Ravanelli all those years back.

The final would show we still have a far way to go before we can be counted as a strong European outfit as Real Madrid destroyed us for the whole 90 minutes. 4-0 winners they were as we finished runnersup to a team who are clearly a class apart. Butin tht they are now ageing also and with my squad being so young they will learn from this aswe go into next seasons Champions League for the first time in Boro's history. Boros' Babes are in the Champions League.

squad20.jpg

My squad finally came to age after the 4 years of building im finally bearing the fruit as we show our potential with a great title win that was totally unexpected. there were great performances by everyone involved and i cant really single anyone out as my key player so i chose the whole squad. Barretto came close with an astonishing 42 goals in 45 appearances. He is being hounded by the bigger clubs but im determined to keep him as he is instrumental in us as a club moving forward. Im just glad the previous Manager had signed him because to be honest i wouldnt have even glanced at him to be honest. But wow he has now become a boro legend and the father figure at the club to my babes.

2017/18  England  M'boro      Championsip        1st         League winners,FA Cup winners.
2018/19  England  M'boro      Prem League        7th         n/a
2019/20  England  M'Boro      Prem League        1st         League Champions, Europa cup runners up.

Manager awards
2010/11 n/a
2011/12 n/a
2013/14 Runner up MOTY
2014/15 n/a
2015/16 3rd place
2016/17 n/a
2018/19 Manager of the year Runner up
2019/20 Manager of the year

Boro's Babes! 2019/20

trnas20.jpg

At the start of the season i was given around £36million to spend on transfers and decided i wouldnt really need much maybe another winger and possibly a centre back. So after scouring mainly south america i found 19 year old centre back Jose Padron who would cost around £13million which is quite a lot for a defender but its deffo worth it. He was brilliant all season for us and possess great pace and works hard for the team. Has all the key ingrediants to become a world beater. Next up was a huge signing in terms of price and in quality as we spent a whopping £20million on a 16 year old midfeilder from Lyon.Zied Ziadi He is being compared to a certain France legend who had the same initals in his name many years back. Even though he is more defence minded than the great Zidane comparisons are already being touted in the media. My scouts recommeneded he be a definate purchase and i loved the look of this guy. I was originally qouted around £30 million but negiotiated £10 million off that deal. It took a long time to get him on board and even though hes only 16 he is a first teamer already. I also brought in winger Nick Stevens from Man Utd and Roland Schulz who was sent on loan by parent club Napoli.

expect.jpg

We now hit the Winter window and the board allowed me to change my budget and expectations again. I wasnt really looking to spend the £40million i was given but searching the globe my scouts suggested i take a look at a young striker from Lyon named Gilberto Heron.Apparantly he is the next big thing in European football and after extensive scouting we talked about the possiblilty of bringing him to the club. However after the ongoing saga with Lyon over Ziadi i knew they would put up another fight and i would have to pay big. They wanted £48milion straight up and there was no way i would pay that amount for a 16 year old. My scouts mentioned he had the potential to become a world beater and for a 16 year old his attributes made him like no other. After days of long drawn out negotiations we agreed a £30million fee for the talented forward. I was hesitant spending that kind of money but with Barretto now approaching 30 i needed a replacement who would become better than him and apparantly this guy has. So after a few days he came and passed the medical and he joined up straight away. I could see after the first training session he was special and even though he cost £30 million if i could gt atleast 10 years out of him and he wins me titles it will be money well spent....even if it is a huge amount. also joining at the end of the season was another defender from across the seas as we agree a £2.5million fee for defender Manoel.

stadia.jpg

With us now in the champions league i was thinking about the possibilty of asking the board to expand the stadium but felt youth recruitment needed a bit of an upgrade.So i asked for that and they agreed it needed upgrading. However the board then sprang a suprise by telling me they are building a new stadium which will hold double the capacity of Riverside. Around 77 thousand seated stadium. Great news as we currently keep on growing and a new bigger stadium means more fans more money. We are on our way to becoming a greta European power house.

However with only 1 year on my contract ive decided not to renew incase i have taken Boro as far as i can. So il see how this next season goes and make my decision then.

Well done on the league win and the new stadium. That's a big capacity so if you can fill it it will make loads of money.

Your scouts seem to have a good eye for potential too. I'd take them with you if you decide to move on!

Archived