Finally!! The Barcelona Tactic :D

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just going in to tell you leave it on standard, it seems that when you put players on attacking they lose their positional sense and willingness to track back.

I am going to experiment and see what happens when I drop mentality.

Okay, will not change anything. I guess you also shouldn't change anything with 'sometimes' running with the ball?

tested it with barcelona

P25 W21 D3 L1

GS 55 GC13

Currently top of the table 10 point clear of Real

anyone can guide me how to do a screen shot?

the goals seem to dried up after september for me. lots of 1-0 victory.

This is an important point you raise, my tactic (in the way presented now) is not in its attacking version. This is the standard one. To get them to be more attacking you will need to raise EACH PLAYER'S mentality by up to 4 notches (but you must raise the same amount for all players). I've scored 63 goals in 34 matches (conceded 18). This is not much but it is mainly because with Liverpool I don't have that many goal scorers. I'd like to see how it works with teams like Arsenal, City, Madrid and Barcelona.

This isn't just a tactic for me, it will be a philosophy for building a team and improving every season. Last season I scored 65 goals in the league, I've already scored 63 with 4 more games to go (actually I scored 71 in 36 but my game crashed).

Can anyone who tested this tactic share how they are doing.

ADEROW: I did post a few pics here, you can't see them? I've not posted pics before so let me know if you can't see them so I try to fix it.

lol guess i should pay more attention :rolleyes:

Interestingly, on standard, for the first batch of games I was claiming 70-85% of possession. Recently, dropping down to 52-54% and sometimes actually losing possession.

I'm Tottenham. I'm 3rd in the table after around 10 games with 2 games in hand which will place me top. Lost once in the league, 3-0 away to Newcastle which appears to have been a fluke. It's working very well, but lacks that extra push. Which is obviously because I have it set up as standard.

Were you getting the really high possession percentages against really weak opposition?

I think that the lower possession may be down to the attributes of your players. How are the decisions, passing, and creativity attributes of your midfielders and forwards?

very great tactic i just won 8-0 with liverpool against manchester united thank you very much

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/ensemblex.png/

Oh really?? Must be some bug here.....sort it out si :rolleyes:

tested it with barcelona

P25 W21 D3 L1

GS 55 GC13

Currently top of the table 10 point clear of Real

anyone can guide me how to do a screen shot?

the goals seem to dried up after september for me. lots of 1-0 victory.

Teams are playing very defensive against you thats why.....which is a good thing :)

Used the tactic until January with various results defeated roma 3-1 was happy with that but in the spl was winning quite a lot of my games 1-0 2-1 but when I did loose I lost heavily hearts , aberdeen and dundee utd all won 3-0 all away. I also found my rmc got injured quite a lot and all my strikers got injured not sure if its just in my save. Tactic is solid enough it could just be the tactic doesn't suit my team.

The only signing I made was Diego bonnanettie from river played him in messi's role played well enough didn't score that much but as I said was only winning 1-0 most of the time......and also got quite ages penaltys

Just tried this tactic in season four with my Barca team, as my all conquering tactic from last year has started leading down cul de sacs.

Beat Osasuna 5-1 at home. 21 shots, 15 on target. 10 CCC's. 0 Long shots.

GK Sergio Asenjo

RB Cesar Azpilicueta

CB Gerard Pique

CB Andreu Fontas

LB Radek Zacharias (REGEN) (subbed for Botia, Botia went CB and Fontas LB)

RCM Sergio Busquets (subbed for Koke)

CM Javier Macherano

LCM Paulo Henrique (playmaker)

RCF Javier Pastore

CF Lionel Messi

LCF Bojan (subbed for Tevez)

Gonna have a run of 10 games or so and see what it brings but seems promising! Especially when I have players like Galeano, Iniesta, Defour, Villa, Ander also at my disposal.

Does it work for patch 11.2? Cause so far I'm not having the results. Lost 3 of my 6 games. Incluiding the friendlies!!!!! What`s the best way to put the midfield in Arsenal. cause I'm playing with Arshavin, Van Persie and Walcott up front!!!

I play with Arsenal too. Up front I play Chamakh or Vela (STL), Van Persie or Arshavin (STC) and Walcott or Van Persie (STR). Midfield I play Fabregas or Rosicky (MCL), Song or Denilson (MC) and Denilson or Ramsey (MCR). Works a treat for me! Only problem is that I'm not scoring goals. Many 1-0 wins. And most of my goals come in the 76-90 min period..

My Liverpool game crashed so I started one with Barce, check out Messi playing in the STC position....

lionelmessiprofileattri.png

Like real life no? :D

As to the Xavi getting less touches than Busq. You should try setting Xavi as your play-maker. What I do is have Messi as play-maker 1st half and Xavi the 2nd and I end up with Xavi having the most passes.

amazing!

15 games played, 15 won.

In 9 games in the league i have won 9, scored 32 and conceded 0!!!!!!!!!!!

beat atletico 5-0, sevilla 4-0, valencia 3-0. (although somehow atletico had more shots and possession then me! haha)

messi, pedro scoring loads , villa not doing so well but that has nothing to do with the tactics

messi has 16 goals in 15 games, 11 assists

bought afellay as backup and plenty of youngsters for the b team

great tactic!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also noticed that the MCL player gets tired very easily during the game.

is there a way to help improve his stamina?

the player i'm using there has a stamina rating of 17 and workrate of 18.

should i reduce the "Run From Deep" and "Run With Ball" to rarely? or is it due to the player's natural workrate?

i also noticed that the MCL player gets tired very easily during the game.

is there a way to help improve his stamina?

the player i'm using there has a stamina rating of 17 and workrate of 18.

should i reduce the "Run From Deep" and "Run With Ball" to rarely? or is it due to the player's natural workrate?

That is rather strange adp. from the stats you give there is no reason for this, but there are two ways I'd approach this:

1) keep the team shape. Play him for 60 or 70 minutes then rest him.

2) lower his closing down and risk altering the team's shape slightly.

I'd do the 1st, , checking if the player is getting tackled hard or looking at the assistant's advice (may be he is not used to the tempo or the closing down). Also look at how many Km h runs/game, is it considerably higher than the rest of the team? It could even be that the player's enthusiasm (workrate + determination) is the cause for the excess effort that's eating his fitness.

Toy with it and see!

DJSANJ: Some amazing results man!

This tactic is unplayable - if...*if* you have the right players. This is not a cheat tactic and is very dependent on your philosophy with signing the ilk of players that will fit into the system.

It's been highly enjoyable watch my team slowly and gradually evolve. Hardly conceding any goals, devastating going forward. It's very Barca-esque.

Just started my 4th season (I won the league and CL in the previous one along with the carling cup). First two games beat Arsenal 5-0 then Man Utd away 3-0. Completely and utterly murdered them, almost like the system played out to its very best in these two games.

That is rather strange adp. from the stats you give there is no reason for this, but there are two ways I'd approach this:

1) keep the team shape. Play him for 60 or 70 minutes then rest him.

2) lower his closing down and risk altering the team's shape slightly.

I'd do the 1st, , checking if the player is getting tackled hard or looking at the assistant's advice (may be he is not used to the tempo or the closing down). Also look at how many Km h runs/game, is it considerably higher than the rest of the team? It could even be that the player's enthusiasm (workrate + determination) is the cause for the excess effort that's eating his fitness.

Toy with it and see!

DJSANJ: Some amazing results man!

I played one with fitness 15 and workrate 13. It seems that he doesn't lose fitness as drastically. I suppose the workrate and the fitness level are the affecting factors.

I played one with fitness 15 and workrate 13. It seems that he doesn't lose fitness as drastically. I suppose the workrate and the fitness level are the affecting factors.

It's ironic how you need less fit players in order for your team to work harder (longer).

Urban you got it dead on my friend, this is a team-building philosophy. Once you get that (like you did). You'll enjoy the game a lot more. Glad you are battering the mancs. And post some pics too please.

A tiny update, I'd like to ask people who are playing with the tactic to move the tempo slider one click to the right and the width slider one click to the left. Then see what will happen to the percentage. Because I'm starting to get 71% poss. and 87% passing on a more consistent basis

i have made this tactic for barcelona, i wanna make one like real barca (and even better but you can make better the perfection).

http://rapidshare.com/files/440658535/barcelona_433__Barcelona__Nov_2010_.tac

i have some problems

the average possesion is like the game with real madrid(like the picture above),

but xavi did not make the most passes in the game and i dont have enough ossesion in the game(not over 60 like real barca)

and i dont make enough scoring chances.

anybody help me make this tactic better??

i have made this tactic for barcelona, i wanna make one like real barca (and even better but you can make better the perfection).

http://rapidshare.com/files/440658535/barcelona_433__Barcelona__Nov_2010_.tac

i have some problems

the average possesion is like the game with real madrid(like the picture above),

but xavi did not make the most passes in the game and i dont have enough ossesion in the game(not over 60 like real barca)

and i dont make enough scoring chances.

anybody help me make this tactic better??

I'll help you but you need to post the following:

Stats of a given game.

In Analysis, go to passes.

In Analysis, go to average positions.

43 games unbeaten in the Prem now (across two seasons). Clean sheets galore.

I will do a massive post of stats and scores etc when I get the chance.

I know about the clean sheet possibilities but 43 games unbeaten? How do you keep them so motivated?!

You need to teach me a few things there sir ;)

Giving this a look using Arsenal (figured it should work for Barca Jr) and it seems to be going fairly well.

The Defensive and possession figures are hugely impressive.

Not really getting a lot of scoring out of the team though, dunno if the Arsenal forwards just arent upto the roles. Side is creating lots of chances but nobody other than Arshaven nobody is scoring much (Chamach has 1 goal in 25+ games).

Have the team setup like this when healthy (Lukaku & Poli joined in Jan window).

GK (Valdes role) - Akinfeev

RB (Alves role) - Sanga

RCB (Puyol role) - Shawcross

LCB (Pique role) - Vermarlan

LB (....... role) - Clichy

MC (Sergio role) - Song

MCR (Xavi role) - Fabregas

MCL (Iniesta role) - Nasri/Poli

FC (Messi role) - Arshaven

FCR (Pedro role) - Van Persie

FCL (Villa role) - Chamach/Lukaku

Archived