• Created
  • Last Reply

@ ASGARI - sure, my starting line up for season 1 was:

Howard

Coleman/Neville Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Rodwell Fellaini Arteta

Osman/Lucas

Cahill Saha

Hope you can understand that! Owing to bad injuries to Saha and Cahill around Feb time, i ended up finishing the season with Lucas in the Cahill role and Beckford in the Saha role. I didnt change anything from the original tactic, which is here: http://www.easy-share.com/1914734222/barce%202%20%28Liverpool,%20Feb%202011%29.tac

@ ASGARI - sure, my starting line up for season 1 was:

Howard

Coleman/Neville Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Rodwell Fellaini Arteta

Osman/Lucas

Cahill Saha

Hope you can understand that! Owing to bad injuries to Saha and Cahill around Feb time, i ended up finishing the season with Lucas in the Cahill role and Beckford in the Saha role. I didnt change anything from the original tactic, which is here: http://www.easy-share.com/1914734222/barce%202%20%28Liverpool,%20Feb%202011%29.tac

you played the 11.1 tactic with patch 11.3 is it right ?

You say the entire team should have high team work, an NOT have gets into opposition area. And that the False 9 should have 'comes deep to get ball'. Messi has none of this? Explain?

I appreciate your meticulous reading. There are so many ways to respond to this.

Firstly: We are looking to replicate the real-life Barce and not the FM Barce. So if Messi in FM has low teamwork we should be looking at FM. However if you look at the pic I posted of how Messi performed in my false 9 role (something like 24 g without penalties and 18 assists in 28 games), you'll see that he does exceptionally well in that role. The instructions were listed to solve a particular dilemma that doesn't include manager who will pla with Barce; if you play with Barce you know were each player will play. But what about those who don't have an Xavi and Messi? how can they get players that will yield similar results to that of the Messi pic?

That was what the requirements were for.

I appreciate your meticulous reading. There are so many ways to respond to this.

Firstly: We are looking to replicate the real-life Barce and not the FM Barce. So if Messi in FM has low teamwork we should be looking at FM. However if you look at the pic I posted of how Messi performed in my false 9 role (something like 24 g without penalties and 18 assists in 28 games), you'll see that he does exceptionally well in that role. The instructions were listed to solve a particular dilemma that doesn't include manager who will pla with Barce; if you play with Barce you know were each player will play. But what about those who don't have an Xavi and Messi? how can they get players that will yield similar results to that of the Messi pic?

That was what the requirements were for.

Motcha thanks to ALLAH you are alive man. im waiting the player attribute specification for players and I think the new tactic have a little problem with defensive set piceses and attacking movement. maybe it needs to shift the fludity of the tactic one step. i mean the older tactic is more effficient than the new one.

is it saying you are already downloading something? If so then sign up, should work then. If not then ignore this :p

I cannot get the download to work either, I have signed up but it still says I am already downloading something, which I definitely am not, even tried re-booting but same result.

Any chance you could upload it elsewhere Motcha please?

• 2 weeks later...

My Rangers side is still rolling along with this tactic (2nd tactic version in 11.2), just about to start the 2022/23 season.

However after about 8 years straight of being knocked out in either the group stages or 1st knockout round of the Champions League things clicked in Europe and i have now won back to back Champions League Titles.

Somewhat odd since i thought i was in a rebuilding phase after having been forced in blowing up the "perfect season" team i mentioned earlier. Bunch of players ended up demanding moves to bigger clubs so ended up selling 8 starters during the 2020 calander year for over £200mill.

Current teams average age is about 20.

My Rangers side is still rolling along with this tactic (2nd tactic version in 11.2), just about to start the 2022/23 season.

However after about 8 years straight of being knocked out in either the group stages or 1st knockout round of the Champions League things clicked in Europe and i have now won back to back Champions League Titles.

Somewhat odd since i thought i was in a rebuilding phase after having been forced in blowing up the "perfect season" team i mentioned earlier. Bunch of players ended up demanding moves to bigger clubs so ended up selling 8 starters during the 2020 calander year for over £200mill.

Current teams average age is about 20.

good job man

How to Play Like Barce in 11.3?

I'm not going to post my tactic straight away, rather I want this to be a group experiment. I have a set of "Barce Principles" that I hope all will try to implement them on the current tactic they are using.

http://paradigmaguardiola.blogspot.com/2011/03/argentina-y-el-modelo-barcelona-o-como.html

Here is an analytical piece on what makes Barce's play special, from the brilliant Spanish blog paradigma guardiola. Here's the translation for it:

"What is playing well? it is when the keeper passes the ball to his defense, and the defense to the midfield, and the midfield passes the ball to their forwards. All of this should be done in a nice passing tempo (he refers to it as "nice tempo of ball circulation"), with superior movement in the forward line which enables the players to find each other."

He then goes on to say that this bilief dates back to 3 decades and the philosophy of Rinus Michel, Cruyff and their prodecesors. the writer then makes a further deduction about how Barce move the ball:

"Get it? The pass is made towards the flanks (I repeat, towards the flanks and not centrally). Yet the movement of the players should give passing options in the center of the pitch."

The writer then makes a distinction between Argentina and Barcelona through watching how each team builds up his attack.

Here is Messi with Argentina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-WzcZPnCfg&feature=related

And now Messi with Barce:

You'll notice that the difference is that the passing in Barce is much higher tempo and more frequent. while with Argentina Messi runs a lot more with the ball. The movement also of Barce is much more fluid.

Now we can conclude from this piece is the following:

1) The ball should pass through all lines of players gk to df to mf to sc.

2) At a good tempo (and good means allowing the play to flow, not necessarily "quick")

3) Superior movement from the forwards.

4) The pass is made sideways, yet the bulk of players should be centrally.

5) Less running with the ball and more team work.

So how can we apply that in 11.3? I'd like all to chip in with suggestions, I'll make a few.

1) GK distribution to defense. then making sure that it passes through the rest of the lines.

2) Tempo is really a matter of testing. But I really like a medium tempo(10).

3) Set forwards to roam from position, move into channels with high creative freedom.

4) 2 ways to do that. A) Set the most players on the wing and ask them to cut inside.

B) Set the bulk of players in the center with very attacking flank players (fbs,w).

5) Set the players to, at least, not run often with the ball.

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
I think I finally have it!

Sometimes the answer is right under your nose.

I'm in the second game of testing...I'll share the tactic after the 10th game

If you've managed to fit Andy Carroll into a Barca-esq style tactic I'll be forever in your debt.

This thread aint dead yet, I'm posting the tactic when I get home with player requirements.

I played 4 games with Liverpool in the League won them all scoring 9 goals conceding 0.

Played 4 games in the Euro cup as well won them all scoring 10 goals conceding 0

You will love this tactic, but it is tricky because the player requirements are very demanding.

I will share how it works and player requirements today and will post images after tomorrow so that I would have played some more (giving me more pix to show you).

Hi Motcha,

Absolutely love the formation. It's working brilliantly for me so far, but I have a few queries about in-game alterations. I was wondering what you would suggest altering if you were chasing the game or if you wanted to close out a game? How would you make the formation more defensive or attacking?

Hi Motcha,

Absolutely love the formation. It's working brilliantly for me so far, but I have a few queries about in-game alterations. I was wondering what you would suggest altering if you were chasing the game or if you wanted to close out a game? How would you make the formation more defensive or attacking?

I was going to integrate this in my post but since you brought it up.

If defending a lead just bring the FL, FR to M/RL and remove the forward runs that's if you want to defend deep.

If you want to prevent the opposition from building from the back, bring them to AM/RL level. Then move the iniesta role (MCL) to an AMC(L) position and the DMC to MCL. Move the striker to an STCR position.

Now if you are chasing the game, bring the FR/L to AMR/L and set them to man mark the opp. full backs. push the two MCs to an AMC position, set them to man mark the opp MC. This is a very risky way (but thats how Barce do it) and if you don't have the right Players it will back fire.

Here we go...

This is a guide for players who DON'T use Barce or are re-building their Barce team.

If you're playing with Barce use the following:

GK- Valdes

DR- Alves

DCR- Puyol

DCL- Pique

DL- Abidal

DMC- Busquetes

MCR- Xavi

MCL- Iniesta

STC- Messi

FR- Pedro

FL- Villa

Moving on we will be looking at how to replicate the playing style of those players, but with different teams. And in FM of course!!

This tactic will press from the front by nature, it will become a regular sight to see your STC tackle the DC and win the ball at least once every game. So there is no dangerous of a lack of high pressure (don't forget the tips I offered on when you're chasing the game, they also apply high pressure.)

However High pressure is applied for two reasons: 1- Try to win the ball high up the pitch (rarely happens for a number of reasons, such as forwards are not well drilled to defensive duties and are out-numbered by defenders). 2- Force the opposition to concede possession early.

No. 2 is usually what happens. Basically the defender ends up punting the ball upfield, the danger here is that it goes in behind the defense and the opp. striker is faster hence getting through on ball. There is also a possibility that the opp. striker can win the 50-50 ball and start a counter attack.

In this tactic we use the 10 players in the build up process and 8 in attack, so the CB are usually alone at the back. This puts extra burden on those two in terms of requirements to be able to defend their defensive duties.

Their requirements are (they all must be 15+): Anticipation (they need to anticipate where the ball will be played next), Concentration (so they are alert at all times), positioning (so that they are in the right place), Strength & agression & height (to fight off a physical striker in a 50-50), Pace & Acceleration (to hamper the danger of a quick striker), headers (to win headers!).

But then after winning the ball, they must rebuild the attack. so they must have good technique (at least 12, to bring down the ball if uncontested), composure (15+ so that they are calm and play the ball to feet if someone is trying to close them down)

Now its impossible to find a CB who has all these attributes, so it is good to split the attributes into two or three players and use them depending on the kind of strikers you are facing (the strong anticipator, the quick one, the comfortable on the ball), In my recent save I bought Samba, Jones from Blackburn and M'bia from Marseille. I have conceded 3 goals in 10 games in the premier-league. I think I went the first 7 or 8 games without conceding a goal.

But that is not just down to my CBs, there is another player who is very important to the defensive phase, and that is the DMC.

Your DMC has to be an energetic one, someone who will go up and act as a midfield sweeper, but is also fast and hungry enough to go back quicly when the ball is punted towards his CBs and sweeps any 50-50 balls, think of Mascherano for example.

Players in that role should have a high workrate (17+), high teamwork. They have good anticipation and are strong tacklers (15+). They are not slow (Pace 13 +). It is a bonus if they are strong, aggressive and good headers, but you should focus on securing the other attributes first. I bought M'villa for that role, and Moussa Sisoko (although doesn't fit the attributes perfectly), would be a fantastic option as well.

If you have these players you will definetly be able to trap your opposition in their own half for most periods of the game, but it has no effect on whether you'll create any chances or take them if presented. This level though is good enough to get you in the top 4. I played my 1st season with Liverpool without making a single purchase, got 6th position. I went out and bought the 4 players I mentioned without making any alterations in my midfield or forwards and expect to be in the top 4. Yet I'm now 3 (2 games behind first place, but 1 point behind them) after 10 games.

I haven't tested this part on the tactic yet, but I think I can address it now based on my previous experience.

So to get your team challenging for the title, you'll need players who will take the little chances presented or be a real danger in the final third. I'm talking about your 3 strikers.

Now the attributes of those 3 are very loose and are up to your imagination. I can't tell you what they shouldn't be and then its up to your creativity to find the right players.

You don't need tall or slow players for this tactic, not even strong powerful ones. That's it! you can improvise from there !

But my personal preference is to buy quick, skilfull players, they don't have to be good finishers actually, but they have to be able to torment defenders.

For example the best player to use in the STC position (other than Messi), is Hazard. Yet his finishing is 8! but his ability to take on two or three defenders at a time and dash towards goal will get him a lot of goals. And to make finishing an easier matter I ask him to pass the ball into the net (so he relies on his passing attribute rather than the finishing) or lob the keeper. Basically the chances you'll get with this tactic doesn't need a genius finisher, but it needs a genius player.

Those words though need to have a little bit of workrate (11+) to press the CBs a bit. They need to have (15+) high flair, dribbling, agility, technique, off the ball, pace ot acceleration.

Another good example of a striker is Neymar, I like him a lot.

Those two players are my transfer targets for next season.

But regardless of how genius your forward line can be, they won't win you championships consistently. Because they might have a bad day in the office and miss the little chances they make (or are presented), especially that the brand of footballers are like are not necessarily good finishers.

So to get your team to the invincible stage, you need players who will get them team moving and dominate the midfield, creating chances for their peers (I'm talking abot the iniesta, Xavi role of course).

The two have very similar qualities, but one is more attacking than the other. They need to have good movement to present themselves to their peers as a passing option (15+ off the ball). They must be calm and collected when they have the ball (so 15+ composure is necessary to not punt the ball under pressure). He must have a great 1st touch as well and technique in general is important (15+).

This is for the MCs to receive the ball, for them to start creating chances they should be good passers (15) with great creativity (17+)

The full-backs are very loose, I think I don't have any requirements for them other than good stamina and some workrate. They are basically used as a decoy, we use them when needed to spread the opp. defense before punishing them down the middle.

They need to be players who have the minimum requirement of attacking and defending, but they have to be skilfull. I use Stevie-G as a RB and Glen Jojhnos as a LB

That's it! if you manage to get these players and keep them motivated (easier said than done), you'll have a Barce-matching team.

good luck all and let me know how the tactic is panning out for you.

Hi Motcha, I've been following your posts on this and wanted to ask

How about physical condition though the season with this tactic?

I believe that the real Barca manages to get though their season with a short squad compared with others because they have a lot of "cooling" moments within the match and besides their way of attacking is slow. Usually, but not always, deffense+Busquets/Xavi keep the ball with short passes while the rest steps forward at a low pace and slowly they possition higher in the pitch keeping possesion and looking for a gap to exploit.

Do you have a medium-high training regime?

I tried new faces for my Liverpool side to match with this tactic

Apart from almost all Liverpool's initial squad I'm bringing Miguel Veloso (Bsqts Role), Pastore (Iniesta Role) and Marek Hamsik (Villa Role). Do you think they would fit there?

alhough it seems logical that pastore can play the Iniesta role, but he's not as dangerous as he should. I'd retrain him in the Messi role.

Hamsik is the best player outthere who plays the Iniesta role

eplcrewe.jpg

Can't believe this tactic doesn't have more replies deserves a few more pages worth. 2019 with Crewe and won the league also won both domestic cups but got hammered 3-0 against Real Madrid in Champions League final. Love the football it plays especially the CM's and the right striker they always play well before this tactic Ramsey was struggling to average over 7 after switching to this a couple of seasons a go his average shot up to just over 7.5 and he started scoring and assisting very well. My defenders are not the best but my CM's and strikers are very good.

Thanks for the tactic dude I love it, the through balls from the main striker to the left and right attackers are wicked. I did change them from FR and FL to form a three man attack.

I know, its a shame not many tried this tactic. But dude this is one hell of a season you had!!

And smart thing about bringing the FR and FL in, I actually move their position around in-game from striker to FL/R to AM/RL just to mess with the defense. But nice going man.

I've tried it almost 1 complete season already. I had the team blend in and do attacking movements in the Match preparation

I'm currently 2nd only 1 point below Tottenham. I'm playing liverpool with addition of some players like pastore, hamsik, hazard, Adrián (spanish AMC/ST), Pjanic and Mirko Vucinic.

The thing is that its really complicated to find a match where I've scored more than 3 goals. I've almost not lost in the whole season, only 1 or 2 matches i think, but it's mostly winning 1 to none, or 2-1. I mostly use Gerrard in the Xavi role, Lucas or Miguel Veloso in the Busquets role and Hamsik or Pastore in the Iniesta role.

Gerrard averages an 86% of pass completion this season but never had a game with more than 60 passes attempted. Oftenly Glen Johnson OR Konchesky (depends on the game 1 of them has MANY more than the other) have more passes done than him or any other player, but still seems low for the standards you said before.

Possesion is generally of 60%, so that's nice. But still seems like scoring sheet is too low.

Can you tell if there's anything i'm not doing right with the tactic or something i could change?

Yes! For starters you're playing with Gerard in the Xavi possession! I made two posts about player requirements, read the first one as it is still relevant. Gerard can't play in the Xavi role because he always makes runs from deep. So he'll never be available to spray passes deep in your half.

Try players like Banega or Shelvey, he's pretty decent. Pastore can't play in the Iniesta role (he'd make a good messi-role player if you retrain him), hamsik is pretty good and he should be scoring a few as well.

Hazard should make on hell of a Messi, especially if you teach him to lob the keeper or pass the ball to the back of the net.

you simply lack quality upfront mate, vucinic and Adrian will not help you win 4-0 and 5-0..they will help you do what you are doing (win most games).

Check your CCC and total shots as an indicator. If total shots-long shots are more than 10 then your midfield is doing a good job and the problem is upfront. Measure your CCC number to goals, you should always get equal or more goals to the amount of clear cut chances you have.

Hi motcha, Ive been using Mr Houghs tactic for a while but i changed it so it looks like yours does the the two wide strikers acting more like wingers and made them cut inside. Its been working brilliant but its more a direct tactic and we often score on the counter so i thought i would give your tactic a try! I love the way it keeps possesion and passes around quickly but i just had a few questions if i may!

I have quite a nice squad, my defence im very happy about so i wont cover that, in the Iniesta spot i have Henrique and the xavi spot i have Fellaini (he is a god, just won world player of the year) but im not sure if he can play the xavi role even tho he does have the stat requirements that you mentioned for that possition he likes to get forward alot which may be his downfall. I also have Vidal or Mvilla for the DM spot.

my biggest worry is upfront i have a wealth of talent: Neymar, Suarez, Ashley Young, Yaya Sanogo, Lukaku, Balotelli. Neymar is my Messi so will slot into the FC spot, Suarez can go nicely in AML/F i guess but im not sure who to make AMR/F if i use sanogo or lukaku there they will have a red dot as it isnt there natural possition, does that matter? i noticed you use Villa in the AML/Striker role he must have a red dot there, does he still do ok?

Im also tempted to sell Suarez and bring hazard in for the AML/F spot. Its a shame to leave sanogo on the bench as he is amazing!!

Sorry for all the questions, cheers.

Archived