*** FM11: Its New, Its Improved, Its the All New Scottish Pyramid ***

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

OUT NOW!

Release 3 now available (Uploaded 18th Dec 2010)

Dowload from Megaupload (Compressed, 16.MB)

Release 2 now available (Uploaded 17th Dec 2010)

Download from Megaupload (Uncompressed, 85MB)

Download from Filefront (Uncompressed, 85MB)

Release 1 now available (Uploaded 16th Dec 2010)

Download here:

Download from Megaupload

Download from Rapidshare

Download from Filefront

Check out the Structure Document for help choosing your team

4 Page pdf File

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manage any of 308 teams competing on a total of eleven tiers set out at National and Regional level.

In-depth Structure Document: Click Here for pdf file

League Structure: Click here for Graphic

Domestic Season Calendar: Click here for Graphic

Promotion and Relegation from every tier/level complete with Play-off Competitions.

National, Regional, and District Cup Systems.

Access List (real-life teams included from):

* Current SPL and SFL teams.

* Senior non-league teams ( Highland , East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues).

* North Region Juniors (Premier, Division 1 and Division 2)

* East Region Juniors (Super, Premier, North, Central and South)

* West Region Juniors (Premier, Division 1, Ayrshire, Central 1 and Central 2)

* North Caledonian League

* Scottish Amateur Football League

(NB: No 'B' teams this time up)

League Competitions (Total of 24):

* National Leagues (Scottish Premiership and Scottish Championship)

* Highland Football Association (Highland Superleague, Highland Division 1 down to Highland Division 4)

* Western Football Association (Western Superleague, Western Division 1 down to Western Division 8)

* Eastern Football Association (Eastern Superleague, Eastern Division 1 down to Eastern Division 4)

* Southern Football Association (Southern Superleague, Southern Division 1 and Southern Division 2)

Cup Competitions (Total of 19):

* Scottish Cup

* Scottish League Cup (for Tier 1 and 2, i.e.Premiership and Championship)

* Scottish Challenge Cup (for Tiers 3 to 5, i.e Regional Superleagues down to Regional Divisions 2)

* Scottish Quaich (for Tiers 6 to 11)

* Highland Region League Cup

* Western Region League Cup

* Eastern Region League Cup

* Southern Region League Cup

* County Cups (Aberdeenshire, Forfarshire, Renfrewshire, Glasgow, Stirlingshire, North Ayrshire, South Ayrshire, North of Scotland, South of Scotland, Fife Cup, East of Scotland Cup

Extensive Awards System:

* Divisional Team of the Week

* Manager of the Month

* Goal of the Month

* Team of the Week

* and many many more

Stay tuned for further updates, Sports Fans! Meantime, here's a taster of the League Structure:

2rcoex0.jpg

Important Notice: Many thanks to cmontheloknow for his magnificent work on the seminal Scottish Football - the Real McCoy without which the club data on this wouldn't be nearly so accurate :thup:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm86 - oh it'll be much better than the FM10 version. More teams, more leagues, more cups......

---

bob - Western Division 8: Rothesay Brandane, Strathaven Dynamo, Millerston Thistle, Auldhouse, Rosehill Star, Millbeg, Jamestown, Lomond Rock, Port Glasgow Hibs

See if you can win the Champions League with one of them lot ;)

---

Currently telling the editor which league each team should be in if they go into each tier. Quite laborious but will make sure everyone plays in the correct region whichever level they land in. Still got the cups to do and the awards to do but i'd say i'm about 60% there overall after about 3 days work.

Here's a new feature I'm quite happy with. From the Scottish Championship, there are 2 teams relegated. To decide who takes their place, the winner of each of the Regional Superleagues play a Champion League-style Group Competion with the Top 2 going into the Championship.

Just need to work out who to make it home and away games - as things stands they're only playing each other once - might be a job for the advanced editor (I hope)

playoffr.th.jpg

CvK: with a play-off in competition-style, the basic editor always chosses to play one round instead of two. So yes, to alter that you need to work with the advanced editor.

Frankly, I'm quite amazed that you pulled this of in the basic version, with such a difficult competition-structure. My compliments.

Cheers guys.

I think I've spent more time on an Excel spreadsheet than on the Editor itself. I think that is key, preparation, get as much as you can formulated on Excel priior to even loading the Editor.

PS......Notice that Scottish authorities are also thinking of doing something similar in real life too LINK - if they're looking for an advisor i've got some experience in this field ;)

Think i've just figured out how the Season Calendar will look.

I've included a mid-season break for all the leagues, during which time the League Cup etc will be played. This also coincides with the Euro Club Comp break (late Dec to mid Feb)

Tried to make it so that all the leagues have at least one Cup Competition going on at any time.

Here's how it looks to me:

cupcalendar.th.png

Or Click Here for Direct Link

Cheers guys.

PS......Notice that Scottish authorities are also thinking of doing something similar in real life too

Yeah, but unfortunately they are REDUCING the number of teams in the SPL to 10. It was like this 14 years ago or something till they added two teams because the potential for playing the same team 7 times in one season is really, really dull. I agree with the regional championships they are creating because travelling expenses for the smaller teams will be greately reduced and its good that there will be a relegation playoff which is one of the highlights of the English Championship. Hence why I am trying to create my own league which is proving much harder than I thought!

This looks really good - can't wait to give it a shot!

I have a question though, if I may?

How are you managing the promotion/relegation flow between the regional leagues? For example, having no teams relegated from Highland 4, Eastern 4 and Southern 2 even though there is another tier in the pyramid (Western 5). And, having the teams promoted from Western Division 5 go into Western Division 4 instead of it trying to put them into any of the other regions?

Please excuse my ignorance, it's just something that I've never been able to get my head around?

You can set relegation places for each individual league on the structure, so Highland 4, Eastern 4 and Southern 2 are set with 0 relegation places (whereas West 4 to West 7 are set with 2 relegations).

Also, each team is set with which league they should enter in each level of the tier. So if a team in the Western goes up from West 4, that team is set to go West 3 ~ West 2 ~ West 1 ~ West Super.

In the main, it seems to work perfectly. Something has to give in the Superleagues though - if 2 Southern teams go down from Scot Champ and 2 West go up, the game keeps 14 teams in each league so somebody may move from their ideal location. I think i saw somebody like Airdrie in the South on one of my test runs, but no biggie there.

In the name of the wee man, ELEVEN!!! That's astonishing. And you KNOW who I'm up for managing! Wow, I am so looking forward to this. You should have it out and tested by the time the English 11 tier db is ready, at Christmas. Yes, yes , yes!

Here's some screens for you....

Some poetic license cos i know Rothesay's not in Ayrshire but its close enough to enter (and get a famous victory in) the Ayrshire Cup ;)

west8.th.jpg scotcup.th.jpg ayrcup.th.jpg

Cheers guys.

I think I've spent more time on an Excel spreadsheet than on the Editor itself. I think that is key, preparation, get as much as you can formulated on Excel priior to even loading the Editor.

PS......Notice that Scottish authorities are also thinking of doing something similar in real life too LINK - if they're looking for an advisor i've got some experience in this field ;)

Ha ha when i was reading about that proposed SPL set up i paused momentarily and thought "Is that not Cadijk van Kaarhandel's database they are talking about?" lol Well my friend, you are either blessed with the power of foresight or George Peat is nicking some stuff! :p

Unfortunately, they look to have made a dogs dinner of it, what with their 10-team leagues (faaar too small) and their ‘B’ teams in the second flight. Should've asked an expert for some help ;)

If anyone’s interested in playing this version, should be released either late tonight or early evening tomorrow.

Added a load of stuff last night, i.e. Reserve League (East) and (West), Reserve Cup Competition, and weekly/monthly/annual awards for the top 3 flights. Lack of reserves bugs me in the real-life set-up so that’s rectified now.

Tonight I’ll add Youth Leagues and Cup. Intend having a Scottish Youth League for the biggest 16 clubs, then 150+ other clubs will be set out in 12 or 13 District Youth Leagues (Aberdeen, Lanarkshire, Tayside, Glasgow, etc). So some teams will have Reserve and Youth fixtures, some will just have Youth. Should give your fringe players some proper matches to play.

I’ve left a holiday game running and it’s got up to 2015/16 when I left home this morning, still running so it’ll probably be into the 2030s by the time I get back. Looks like its working well and i'll look forward to checking out the comp histories over this long term.

For me, I'll likely load up your file and start a new game when the RTC one is available and tested, so around Hogmanay. I'm dithering whether or not to install the 11.2 patch. Somebody mentioned something about the changes in the editor makes data not saved. As far as you can tell so far, are you finding any problems using 11.2 with your db, and do you think it will be fine and dandy without the new patch?

I patched first thing last evening and then loaded up my latest file - no problems (in fact, it worked better as it would Crash Dump with Custom db pre-patch, it now loads with Custom db so all good)

I then edited-in 7 more sets of data, saving as a new filename then test-loading each time, and each file loaded no probs and did indeed show the changes.

So in short, nae probs.

This looks amazing and have just started a Thistle game. Will be good to play Scotland without it turning very boring, very quickly!

Quick question where did you get your competition logos and logos for the really small teams?

Good to hear someone’s started out – give me any feedback (good or bad) please, I’ll give it a few tweaks if necessary.

The team logos, I created them myself after hunting the net to find what I could in the way of badges.

Here’s some links to the pack.

Zippyshare:http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/63980776/file.html

Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/17472237/scotland.rar

Rapidshare: http://rs840tl3.rapidshare.com/#!dow...land.rar|12640

Just had a look at this. The structure seems very impressive.

However, one thing you need to do is go back and sort out some of the loans you've got in there. It looks like loans from last season have been carried over into this season. So Severin is at Killie, Gow is at Hibs, Braafheid and Kamara are still at Celtic etc.

great 2 see the lastest release but it doesnot work with the latsest si update 11.2.1 Hotfix Patch

http://www.fmformation.net/downloads.php?do=file&title=all-platforms-11-2-1-hotfix-patch&cid=279&ctitle=patches&id=3061

Okay, well Hotfix 11.2.1 only fixes two issues (Polish league save games and Network game contract length) so I'd not be installing it to try it out.

Sorry to hear it if its stopping you playing.

You put in a hell of an effort it seems, it looks like it will be worth it though!.

Ha ha, aye, you could say that. I've a spreadsheet with all the formulating bumff on it that'd fear ye.

Let us know if there's any oddities with it, hopefully won't need a lot of tweaking cos i've run a load of holiday games over the editing period but any quirks let me know.

Sounds terrific. I'll download the file as soon as my crappy jungle drum internet connection stops breaking midway. Is there any reason you don't save it as a *.dbc file, which is much smaller?

Also, KvC, just out of curiosity, what's the idea behind your username?

CvK just a quick question - trying to start a new game with this, but with also the English leagues down to Level 10 and also with Faroe Island and Maltese leagues aswell.

When choosing from the 'change' menu and selecting all them leagues I get an error saying 'Could not process rule group settings in MARK-PC/C:/Users/Mark/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager2011/editor data/ScoNewPyr_181210_comp.dbc.xml Scottish Cup - Total number of teams entered for this competition (312) is different to number of teams set in the cup stage (308)'

Any idea's?

Strange, just checked out that *.dbc file and its telling me there 311 teams entered for the Scottish Cup (I set the entrants as "Pick team from league" and added each league in the structure, and ther should be 308 teams in the leagues)

Best download the uncompressed version *.xml in the meantime i think. Sorry, its considerably larger but it will work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MWY68ROQ

I'll need to check out what happened when I compressed the .xml to .dbc. It seems to have added some teams in to the structure somehow.

Archived