*** FM11: Its New, Its Improved, Its the All New Scottish Pyramid ***

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

paul.m10, try the 2nd link below the most recent?

the .dbc file didn't work for me anyway, so I downloaded the uncompressed .xml

edinton! how goes it? any good signings for the ton? I am almost about to kick off the season after many friendlies.

I have fixed the initial problem I had earlier, and it appears it was due to me adding myself to the game... so the only downside I have about this release is it can't seem to be used with any other database (as someone already may have mentioned).

so the only downside I have about this release is it can't seem to be used with any other database (as someone already may have mentioned).

That was me. I really wanted to dual manage, starting in Level 8 in Scotland and Level 8 in England with Uncle Ron's db, but alas they conflicted.

That was me. I really wanted to dual manage, starting in Level 8 in Scotland and Level 8 in England with Uncle Ron's db, but alas they conflicted.

Hi mate,

I tried again to make a change to the original database (2.3.1) without trying to merge or anything like that... and it appears to be running alongside this release now.

I am half expecting a dump file though (as others seem to have had)

Cadijk, is there any way we can edit the data of your release without it causing the problems mentioned previously?

I am holding off starting a new game until I know for sure I can edit some details before I embark on a 20 season career :)

thanks in advance

xj

I made some squad changes to Morton and it all seems ok alongside the edited database. Can anyone advise if - and when - I get promoted to the SPL will I still need to install under-soil heating?

Also, hey xj2006. Listed on the 'ton forum some loan signings I got in, some of which are pretty decent standard - Jamie Ness, Stephen Darby, Ravel Morrison etc...

Really enjoying this db although it takes ages thanks to all the other leagues and players I have loaded. Looking forward to getting stuck into the revised League Cup - and the Renfrewshire Cup!

Good edit - enjoying a game now! One thing I have noticed though is that SPL games are played regardless of international fixtures, which can mean that numerous players are missing from teams for league matches...

Uh-oh, haven't played that far into it yet but that could get annoying...

Also - does anyone else get multiple transfer window alert messages? When the window is closing for example, I get about 8 news messages all saying the same thing...

Yeah, I get that too. I suspect it's just a case of unsubscribing to the lower leagues news items (separate transfer windows are set up for each level, hence I suspect all the messages), but I haven't tried it.

Re the international callups - as an experiment I added a bunch of international players to Aberdeen (only way we'll get any most likely) and started a new game. When the next Scotland game came round, they were all unavailable for the league game.

I fixed this (I think) by changing the game priority of the SPL to 'low', rather than the 'high' it's currently set at. I seem to recall doing this to one of my own creations at the start of FM2010 and it solved the problem.

I get an error every time I try to load this edit. Says there is an error with teams in the Scottish Cup. Could not process rule group settings? Scottish Cup - Total number of teams entered for this competition (311) is different to the number of teams set in the cup stage (308)

Anyone help?

PS I am only loading the game with this edit on the latest official patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work CVK, set by game back to 11.2 in order to play this.

Just a couple of things to note, some teams do not seem to have an U-19 side in a league?

Also with the inclusion of SAFL teams on this edition, is there any future plans to add other amateur teams to future editions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't actually use this file (I'm just not that interested in Scottish football nowadays), but I do feel I should say thanks for some of the things it's shown me are possible in the editor. It's been tremendously helpful from that point of view, so thanks for that.

My computer broke and i had to run the 11.3 now it doesn't work i really want this again best option file for scottish league up there with the real mccoy one. Is there any chance someone can sort it out ??

• 2 months later...
Does this work with FM12? The whole Scottish league is a bore feast unless you use a pyramid file such as this one.

Indeed. It looks like the editor is fixed so you can combine files, so I'd love to join English and Scottish lower leagues if CvK will upgrade this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding a wee reply to keep myself linked to this page, looks fantastic. I had planned out a similar pyramid on Excel in work for a while. Think my structure was:

14 with split halfway thru, 3 down;

18, 2 up + 3/4 playoff, 4 down;

18, 3 up + 4/5 playoff, 5 down;

3 x 16, 1 up each + 2nds/best 3rd playoff, 3 down each;

3 x 16 - one league with 2 up each + 3/4 playoff, 3 down;

- two leagues with 2 up each + 3/4 playoff, 4 down in other two;

5 x 14 - one league with 2 up + 3/4 playoff, 2 down;

- two sets of two leagues, 1 up each + 2nds/3rds playoff, 2 down each;

5 x 14, 1 up each + 2nds/3rds playoff, bottom of pyramid.

plus separate 14-team Uni league.

Wasnt sure if FM Editor would handle it but my setup isnt as sophisticated as yours so it should be fine. Was worried about relegation to a smaller region but im sure the programming can cope with that. One issue might be B Teams!

Anyway I will try it off my own back but I'm sure I will need guidance at one point, now to buy FM12 and get to it!

• 4 months later...

Archived