Editing - effort to keep young star

mrpeeps

I would love to hear some opinions on my method of protecting a star player (I realize the ethical, realism, etc. questions regarding my plan) on a mid-sized club....

I'm sc Heerenveen of the Dutch League ... In the FM Editor, I moved Coutinho to my team before I started. I actually cheer for Inter in real life and I want to build my FM team with Inter's top prospect.

I know a big club will steal him within a year or two, so to prevent this I gave him a future transfer to another club on July 1, 2021. That gives me 11 years of Coutinho without fear of him being poached by a big club...Of course, I'll lose him when he's 29, but I'm willing to live with that. :)

Are there any holes in this logic? Could it stunt his development to have this future transfer hanging over his head? Any other thoughts?

I understand this is kind of goofy, but I'm just trying something different...

Thanks for your time.

In the relationships/favourites section, make you his favourite (100) person [need to do this in FMRTE since you don't yet exist in the pre-game editor!] and make your club his favourite (100).

Make his loyalty 20 and maybe lower his ambition.

It's no guarantee; I've created a squad of kids like this, but Man Utd still poached my favourite 14 year old. The rest are still with me so far, though.

Archived