[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

6. Player runs. I think everyone wants to see this implemented. It's something I feel is severely lacking on the tactics side of things.

I don't want this. Personally I was glad to see them go from the PC version. I think if you setup your player roles correctly then player runs are part of this.

Although it would be good to somehow encourage my left winger who is good at dribbling but not a crossing to cut in more rather than crossing from the byline :)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Although it would be good to somehow encourage my left winger who is good at dribbling but not a crossing to cut in more rather than crossing from the byline :)

If he's in an AML or AMR position then you can set him as an 'Inside Forward' - which is just this behaviour ... both ghosting into the box late to get on the end of balls but also cutting inside more frequently (either to shoot or slot a pass into someone else running in).

If he's in an AML or AMR position then you can set him as an 'Inside Forward' - which is just this behaviour ... both ghosting into the box late to get on the end of balls but also cutting inside more frequently (either to shoot or slot a pass into someone else running in).

This is really useful information Marc. Can this sort of info be included in the manual? Apologies if it is already accessible - I just can't locate it anywhere.

• SI Staff
This is really useful information Marc. Can this sort of info be included in the manual? Apologies if it is already accessible - I just can't locate it anywhere.

In the game if you highlight a specific player role and then hit the 'i' label just above the role selection area the assistant manager will pop-up with an explanation of each of the roles and what they undertake on the pitch.

(you're right though at some point we should put this into the manual - bear in mind this might take a while as I'll have to get translations for them organised)

The exact text for an 'Inside Forward' is:

The Inside Forward aims to cut inside from the flanks and run directly at the centre of the opposition's defence.

Hi Marc

I guess I mentioned several times in 2010 that the Coach Rating for Youth Policy and Local Player Bias will go up and down all the time together. I think this is a bug and that both values are based on Local Player Bias. In 2011 we have still the same problem. I have finalized now 6 seasons and never saw two different ratings?

Can you please confirm that you are aware of this problem?

Cheers Oliver

• SI Staff
Hi Marc

I guess I mentioned several times in 2010 that the Coach Rating for Youth Policy and Local Player Bias will go up and down all the time together. I think this is a bug and that both values are based on Local Player Bias. In 2011 we have still the same problem. I have finalized now 6 seasons and never saw two different ratings?

Can you please confirm that you are aware of this problem?

I am now - its on the list.

Edited update - good catch, simply put looks like it was calculated correctly but displaying the wrong value for the youth policy - fixed for the update, thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.

4. Team talks. I guess this can fall under team interaction but setting out your expectations is really useful and fun. Half time team talks are also very useful to rally, praise or criticise your team.

Please PLEASE don't include this - half-time team talks really **** me off in the PC version and feels like such a cop out for guessing the right response to make your team win. PLEASE DON'T!

Please PLEASE don't include this - half-time team talks really **** me off in the PC version and feels like such a cop out for guessing the right response to make your team win. PLEASE DON'T!

I very much doubt this feature was ever going to be implemented so I wouldn't worry. But as you're so against it, can I ask what you would do at half time when your team are losing/playing badly in the first half? I appreciate you can make tactical changes but it isn't always down to the tactics. I always thought it was a good tool to use - give them all the Fergie style hairdryer treatment. Doesn't mean it will work but at least you've had a go at them.

I very much doubt this feature was ever going to be implemented so I wouldn't worry. But as you're so against it, can I ask what you would do at half time when your team are losing/playing badly in the first half? I appreciate you can make tactical changes but it isn't always down to the tactics. I always thought it was a good tool to use - give them all the Fergie style hairdryer treatment. Doesn't mean it will work but at least you've had a go at them.

I'm not against the concept but in FM it's so badly implemented imho. If you know what team-talk to choose under certain conditions it basically serves as an "instant win" button. Not to mention I am so sick of reading the line "Did not seem to be listening" or whatever the phrase is when you look back at what effect it had. I mean, as if 8 or 9 players would constantly do that - they'd get the hairdryer treatment every week.

I don't use team talks on FM11, I'm convinced that whichever one I chose the team will ignore it and play badly. I just click straight through and give no team talk.

I've not found that to be honest. In the past, I've used team talks to criticise the team and then seen a marked improvement in the second half.

Yeah thanks I've seen that. But I'm playing a normal 442 at the moment with MR/L. Maybe I'll try attacking 442. If I play balanced rather than attacking will it affect the defensive side of my team much by having them playing slightly higher up the pitch?

• SI Staff
Yeah thanks I've seen that. But I'm playing a normal 442 at the moment with MR/L. Maybe I'll try attacking 442. If I play balanced rather than attacking will it affect the defensive side of my team much by having them playing slightly higher up the pitch?

If you play with a normal mentality then it'll balance the slightly more attacking winger positions in that formation out a bit by the team as a whole not pushing up quite so much.

(playing as Brighton Bennett and Lua Lua are fantastic on the wings with that formation, I use Lua Lua as an 'Inside Forward' because he's exceptional at that level and it really shows imho ... before he fell over injured for me (mirroring real-life nicely ... unfortunately) he had an average rating of 7.53) in my current game, sod wouldn't come back on loan the next season though ;) )

Marc just noticed that player roles don't save when starting a match and also free kick takers etc...? so i'd like that corrected if possible in next update,and can we have 2d match engine for full match or key moments ?

Last thing when setting formation can we move players around ?

If you could implement these it would get a 10/10 from me !

Cool I'll try that. I'm thinking specifically of McSheffrey in my Coventry game - I think he'd play well on the left as an inside forward :)

I was just a bit worried it would be too attacking. Less so now you've said that ;)

Id like to see the 'season limit' removed. I believe I can only play 30 seasons on the Ipod Touch, something that OK is alot but is very achieveable due to the speed of the game.

I assume its a memory issue or something, but surely 30 to 100 is attainable if a never ending limit isnt?

How about an option for the assistant manager to take care of playing certain competition matches, such as league cup (this could be selectable, i guess from all of the cup competetions the club are involved in), ONLY using players from the reserve team.

I think this would be good because there are too many games in English football, and it gives a chance for reserves to get some matches under there belt if they arent out on loan.

And I don't think it's just me who only cares about the FA cup and European competetions when my team becomes quite successful(or maybe it is just me, who knows).

Apologies for my inferior communication skills:D

Id like to see the 'season limit' removed. I believe I can only play 30 seasons on the Ipod Touch, something that OK is alot but is very achieveable due to the speed of the game.

I assume its a memory issue or something, but surely 30 to 100 is attainable if a never ending limit isnt?

I have to say I am in favour of this. Can it be done Marc?

Is there any chance of a tempo slider in a future update? I would love to be able to control how fast my Chelsea team play and it would be good to knock it down when we are winning in the 80th minute and pressing big teams more. It can work with the teamwork and passing attribute so the team passes the ball quicker than normal to try and create attacks similar to the way Arsenal plays or if it is low they will take their time on the ball like Chelsea do. To me it is a key part of the game and varies from passing as direct passing is just hoofing the ball up but direct passing with a fast tempo will mean getting the ball forward to the front man as quick as possible through small passes and long passes.

1. Season Limit to be removed is the main one

2. More media options (Routing Arsenal last season 8 - 1 (agg) in champ league semi finals should be in the media. To emphasis, club form good / bad, manager banter through media, (I'm suprised Wenger (who was still incharge) didn't blame the pitch or some other reason for the 8 - 1 loss)

3. Club rivalries - Burnley playing Blackburn should fire up my players, they should be out there playing their hearts out against Rovers scum, unfortuntaely though, its just another game to them.

4. Greater player interaction - Negative for Red card head butting the ref (yup one of my star wingers got a 90 day ban, and thought I was being unfair to him when I gave him negative feedback as his form was still 9-9-10-8), needs a few more options to define why I am giving positive feedback or negative.

5. Facebook intergration

is it just me being mega daft, but I don't think you can select a captain on the i-phone version at present?!

Correct, however the tooltips were brought over from the psp version so you still may see the odd reference when using subs, getting injuries etc etc

Would it be possible to save your first XI? When it come to playing lower league sides and un-important games I like to swap players around. It would be good if after the games you could press a button and your side returned the first XI.

My requests so far:

a) More options to interact with the players will be great - i.e. Disciplinary ban, Fines for game behaviour like Red Card, 92. Minute with 5-0 lead!

b) Players personality - Needs more information provided within players profile - Especially if you still want to increase the tactical deepness of the game without the statistical background information provided by the PC Version. I guess it is still your intension to keep things simple or make it playable?

Cheers Oliver

c)

I agree with both A and B :thup:

1. Season Limit to be removed is the main one

2. More media options (Routing Arsenal last season 8 - 1 (agg) in champ league semi finals should be in the media. To emphasis, club form good / bad, manager banter through media, (I'm suprised Wenger (who was still incharge) didn't blame the pitch or some other reason for the 8 - 1 loss)

3. Club rivalries - Burnley playing Blackburn should fire up my players, they should be out there playing their hearts out against Rovers scum, unfortuntaely though, its just another game to them.

4. Greater player interaction - Negative for Red card head butting the ref (yup one of my star wingers got a 90 day ban, and thought I was being unfair to him when I gave him negative feedback as his form was still 9-9-10-8), needs a few more options to define why I am giving positive feedback or negative.

5. Facebook intergration

I'd like to see these changes as well. I'm not overly concerned by the season limit as I don't think I have ever reached 30 seasons but I definitely agree with more media options, club rival features, enhance player interaction and facebook integration (unfortunately I don't use twitter).

As a Spurs fan, I'd like to use a 'rivalries' feature to tell my boys to go and destroy the Arsenal and if they didn't, use an enhanced player interaction option to fine them all a month's wages! :p

Is there any chance of a tempo slider in a future update? I would love to be able to control how fast my Chelsea team play and it would be good to knock it down when we are winning in the 80th minute and pressing big teams more. It can work with the teamwork and passing attribute so the team passes the ball quicker than normal to try and create attacks similar to the way Arsenal plays or if it is low they will take their time on the ball like Chelsea do. To me it is a key part of the game and varies from passing as direct passing is just hoofing the ball up but direct passing with a fast tempo will mean getting the ball forward to the front man as quick as possible through small passes and long passes.

I kind of agree although I hope if sliders are ever introduced into FMH, they never get as crazy / complicated as in the PC version. Maybe have smaller sliders so rather than having 20 different increments there are only about 5 (1 = v.slow, 2 = slow, 3 = normal, 4 = fast, 5 = v.fast). Or maybe it could just be another drop down select box like mentality, passing, etc. with just fast, slow and normal. Keep it nice and simple.

I kind of agree although I hope if sliders are ever introduced into FMH, they never get as crazy / complicated as in the PC version. Maybe have smaller sliders so rather than having 20 different increments there are only about 5 (1 = v.slow, 2 = slow, 3 = normal, 4 = fast, 5 = v.fast). Or maybe it could just be another drop down select box like mentality, passing, etc. with just fast, slow and normal. Keep it nice and simple.

This this this this this :thup:

I want more international teams to be added. You could have the gold cup in north america and the copa in south america. And then you could manage any nation to the world cup, not just europeans.

I am also in favor of more interaction options with the players and an attacking/defending slider.

Would it be possible to save your first XI? When it come to playing lower league sides and un-important games I like to swap players around. It would be good if after the games you could press a button and your side returned the first XI.

Yer, I do the same and it would save alot of time if you could save team selections.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, was playing last night, 4th season and had the media suggest that I was interested in a number player, for example "it is rumoured that cutterschoice is interested in signing bob from etc etc"

One thing I’d like from that is the ability to click the name from the news page, similar to the PC version rather than having to come out and do a search by hand for the player.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, was playing last night, 4th season and had the media suggest that I was interested in a number player, for example "it is rumoured that cutterschoice is interested in signing bob from etc etc"

One thing I’d like from that is the ability to click the name from the news page, similar to the PC version rather than having to come out and do a search by hand for the player.

You can accesz all relevant players or clubs by pressing the button in the bottom right corner.

I would like the ability to be able to create saved player searches so i can have one search saved specifically for keepers, another for strikers - all with my required attribute minimums and the ability to switch between them without having to set them up from scratch every time.

Really enjoying the game Marc and really appreciate your engagement and work with the community to improve the game

Three things do not know if they have been listed before:

1) I guess the Scandinavian Leagues are not going to happen in FMHi11, but a man can dream, can he not? :p

2) Squad Numbers!!! Yes, I love me some Squad Numbers! It's the best day of the season, you get to say well you sir are my number 9, and you my talented but slightly goofy puerto rican fellow are my number 10, and you sir with the bald head the face used for hammering nails are my number 5!

3) Deciding captains instead of the CPU doing it for us, I don't care so much about the impact it makes at this point, but just having the option of setting your own captain feels "right" like squad numbers.

A few other stuff, like being able to sort the player search and shortlists better and the board not just being satisfied with your performance when you are topping the league by 20p in mid season after stating I would be fighting a relegation battle at the start of the season (without breaking the bank mind you) seems like a good idea.

yep, gonna add a fourth thing:

4) More responsive changes in the board confidence, if I'm top of the league by a mile and have recieved all the manager of the month awards, a little praise would be nice instead of them just being sourpusses until i clinch the trophy for them!

Cherio!

• SI Staff
1) I guess the Scandinavian Leagues are not going to happen in FMHi11, but a man can dream, can he not? :p

I doubt we'll be adding leagues during updates - but I do hope at some point in a future version we'll be able to expand the league selection somewhat.

2) Squad Numbers!!! Yes, I love me some Squad Numbers! It's the best day of the season, you get to say well you sir are my number 9, and you my talented but slightly goofy puerto rican fellow are my number 10, and you sir with the bald head the face used for hammering nails are my number 5!

I'm afraid its unlikely I'll add squad numbers into the game unless LOTS of people shout for them - this is simply because they don't actually add much to the gameplay and slow the game down by your having to select and update them (which imho doesn't suit the handheld experience).

They are a 'nice' thing - but until they actually influence gameplay and aren't fiddly to setup/update on a handheld device I'll probably avoid them.

(same kind of thing with regards to selecting a specfic squad for European ties etc.)

3) Deciding captains instead of the CPU doing it for us, I don't care so much about the impact it makes at this point, but just having the option of setting your own captain feels "right" like squad numbers.

This is something I'm seriously adding in as a few people have requested it since the release of FMHi 2010 - however I want to get any release glitches out of the way and tune the game engine before considering adding anything in during the games update phase.

A few other stuff, like being able to sort the player search and shortlists better and the board not just being satisfied with your performance when you are topping the league by 20p in mid season after stating I would be fighting a relegation battle at the start of the season (without breaking the bank mind you) seems like a good idea.

Sorting the player search lists is possible (click the headers) - however if you're on a slower device its disabled by default as it is SLOW on older iDevices (by slow I mean several seconds to update).

4) More responsive changes in the board confidence, if I'm top of the league by a mile and have recieved all the manager of the month awards, a little praise would be nice instead of them just being sourpusses until i clinch the trophy for them!

I'll look into this at some point for a future version (but not in the immediate future for the reasons noted above) - I think thats a fair comment.

Thanks for the constructuve comments, very useful :D

I'm afraid its unlikely I'll add squad numbers into the game unless LOTS of people shout for them - this is simply because they don't actually add much to the gameplay and slow the game down by your having to select and update them (which imho doesn't suit the handheld experience).

They are a 'nice' thing - but until they actually influence gameplay and aren't fiddly to setup/update on a handheld device I'll probably avoid them.

(same kind of thing with regards to selecting a specfic squad for European ties etc.)

Am I correct in assuming this includes the new PL rules about registering a 25 man squad?

Sorting the player search lists is possible (click the headers) - however if you're on a slower device its disabled by default as it is SLOW on older iDevices (by slow I mean several seconds to update).

If that's the case, either I'm doing something wrong or only a every few device can handle it.. I'm on a iPod 4.g and I can't use this feature, which is damn annoying - because it makes getting a overview of player search and scout reports extra difficult.

• SI Staff
If that's the case, either I'm doing something wrong or only a every few device can handle it.. I'm on a iPod 4.g and I can't use this feature, which is damn annoying - because it makes getting a overview of player search and scout reports extra difficult.

Did you migrate an iFMH installation from an older device to your 4g? - if so then the config might still be telling the game not to enable this feature (as it'd have been turned off by default for an older device) - anyway please check in preferences and you should find an 'on/off' option you can toggle on.

(note - this sorting is only available in the 'search' area at present (ie. not shortlisting), I'll try and add it everywhere at some point in the future)

• SI Staff
Am I correct in assuming this includes the new PL rules about registering a 25 man squad?

Yes, in order to streamline play we've left some of these sort of things out of the game because they're fiddly to undertake (from a UI perspective) and slow down the gameplay.

Yes, in order to streamline play we've left some of these sort of things out of the game because they're fiddly to undertake (from a UI perspective) and slow down the gameplay.

Yep that makes sense. It's more of a nice to have than a need to have.

I agree with the above though that it would be good to be able to transfer list / set available for loan reserve players without having to promote them. If you offer players to clubs and then immediately demote them, will clubs still make an offer for them?

Loan with option. For example IRL Milan loaned Ibrahimovic from Barca and can buy it at the end of the season.

But in FMHi at the end of the season Ibra goes back to Barca, no way to keep him in Milan. I offered everything for him but nothing helped :(

Did you migrate an iFMH installation from an older device to your 4g? - if so then the config might still be telling the game not to enable this feature (as it'd have been turned off by default for an older device) - anyway please check in preferences and you should find an 'on/off' option you can toggle on.

(note - this sorting is only available in the 'search' area at present (ie. not shortlisting), I'll try and add it everywhere at some point in the future)

Ahh.. Sorry, it does work in player search - just not when viewing scout results. Which is a shame, I might add :)

• SI Staff
Ahh.. Sorry, it does work in player search - just not when viewing scout results. Which is a same, I might add :)

Its on the to do list ... apologies for the delay (don't worry in a few years my clone will be old enough to help me with my task list and we'll get through them faster)

Archived