[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ability to Hire an Ass. Manager (Perhaps scouts/ Head Scout too)

A section where it normally has promotion/playoff places for euro qual in top league.

More player interaction (Fines, negitive based on disapline ect)

Maybe this is already in there, but I can't seem to find it. From the squad screen, when picking your line-up, do you have to go down the 'tap square to left of player, then when you get redirected to the next page tap what position in the team you want them to play' route?

Just makes picking your team seem a bit longwinded and tiresome sometimes, especially in a side with a big squad. Is there anyway there could be an option so that clicking the box to the left of the player puts them in the next available position (ie; first click, goalkeeper, next player clicked; right back etc etc). Entirely possible this doesn't bug anyone else but it would quicken up the game for me a fair amount.

Also.. Where is Celtic's Daryl Murphy?

• SI Staff
Maybe this is already in there, but I can't seem to find it. From the squad screen, when picking your line-up, do you have to go down the 'tap square to left of player, then when you get redirected to the next page tap what position in the team you want them to play' route?

Just makes picking your team seem a bit longwinded and tiresome sometimes, especially in a side with a big squad. Is there anyway there could be an option so that clicking the box to the left of the player puts them in the next available position (ie; first click, goalkeeper, next player clicked; right back etc etc). Entirely possible this doesn't bug anyone else but it would quicken up the game for me a fair amount.

The picking you want is how it works on the iPad btw, the reason it doesn't work that way on the iPhone is theres no way of informing users which is the 'next position' available because of the very limited screen space.

Yes , if i Play a Save Game very long, i usually just click very fast on (for Example) the Third Save slot to Save.

If i then Start a New Game, i forget It Often , and overwrite my old Save. This Happens to me 3times

Could we please have the ability to arrange friendlies? It’s a little frustrating having a big squad but only 2 games to give them all a run out and try out tactics

Or if its too memory intensive how about the option to just select how many friendlies you'd like to play and then that number could be automatically created?

This would be good. Technically is it difficult?

• SI Staff
Badges! For every team! Please!

We can only include badges in the team for clubs/leagues which are fully licenced, using trademarked images such as badges would be illegal for unlicenced teams and as such its not something we can do - sorry.

• SI Staff
So what's in the latest update?

#2.5 FMHi 2011 - Update 4

Tweaked human transfer acumen calculation

Stop job offers affecting current club finance constraints

Fix size of match icons on iPad ratings pages

Fix clumsy selection between manual/credits on start page

Tweak the effect of home advantage in the match engine

Added extended information to iPad Coach Reports

Rotate screen on device tilt (in-game - splash pages don't rotate)

Added iPad high score table

Restore fat scrollbar at user request

Fix rare race condition with end of season transfer setting

Make names draggable on club squad page (iPhone)

Improve set-piece taker selection during matches for human teams

Fix future transfers sometimes renewing contract with present club

Belgian league win recognition on human manager profile

Fix very rare issue with save game loading issue where nation name is blank

Allow viewing of player positions page in match

Fix for condition text colour not updating during match

Fix for rare Spanish Super Cup bug where team was drawn to play itself

• SI Staff
Are there more updates coming or are you now concentrating on fmh2012?

This is likely to be the last update for this iteration - that being said, if anything drastic bug-wise raises its head we'll obviously continue the product to the best of our abilities.

Obviously though please keep the feedback coming as its all being read and we'll try to take it into account with regards to future products.

Marc a small request for the next edition of the game.

Can you make the gulf in class when you make the jump from one division to the next more obvious. Back to back promotions does seem un-realistic from time to time.

Cheers and keep up the good work :)

• SI Staff
Can you make the gulf in class when you make the jump from one division to the next more obvious. Back to back promotions does seem un-realistic from time to time.

In real-life in England its very possible for a well organized / managed team to rise through the lower divisions quite quickly without hugely changing the personnel involved the first big test for teams is often when they reach the Championship and have to gain a promotion against ex-Premiership sides or ambitious Championship sides with money to spend, then obviously staying in the Premiership should you make it that far.

That being said I have been tweaking the AI somewhat in the last few days (mainly manager squad selection and transfer AI - so expect this to be tightened up a little going forward which will make the game more realistic and challenging .... it will always be somewhat of a 'work in progress' however - same as the match engine, there will always be things which can improve it).

Hi Marc

Important question for me: Are you planning to implement in FMH 2012 a functionality to download your teams stats and skill information in any way?

Would be comfortable if you are not be able to implement more statistical functions inside the game considering the hardware restrictions!

Furthermore to win the CL is too easy. Normally I cannot be stopped by all the top teams in Europe after around 5 or 6 seasons if they are not promoted with lucky wins as supported by FMH. Means they are normally not in position to play me out just taking the advantage of the software is supporting with some one shot one goal performance denying my team a goal in 15 attempts. I would prefer if it is harder to beat this teams with more balanced results.

Thank you

Oliver

Bye the way I just walked in 4 seasons from BSP to CH and I am already first on the ladder in March. Therefore straight walk to PRM in 5th season. Was quite easy!

• SI Staff
Important question for me: Are you planning to implement in FMH 2012 a functionality to download your teams stats and skill information in any way?

As usual I'm afraid I'm not allowed to tell people what features will be in FMH 2012 at this time, its as frustrating for me to keep quiet as it is for you chaps to be left in the dark .... sorry, just one of those things.

Bye the way I just walked in 4 seasons from BSP to CH and I am already first on the ladder in March. Therefore straight walk to PRM in 5th season. Was quite easy!

As I mentioned I've been tweaking the AI which should improve this side of things, it is (as always) a balancing act though - without swelling your head I expect you know the game inside and out and are rather effective at managing .... which isn't the case with all users (I will try and challenge you more in the next version though :D).

Marc a small request for the next edition of the game.

Cheers and keep up the good work :)

Swansea springs to mind with Toshack in charge. Not just b2b promotions...Division 3 (League 2) up to the Premiership (hissssss I'm still not recovered. You better be hidding Davey boy ;P)

Norwich b2b league 1 and champ.

Leeds nearly made champ playoffs, Millwall were in playoffs for the first half of season.

Anyway the fat bar is appearing in places it doesn't look right, for instance during a match. I'm still addicted to this game even if I spend more time on my Android now (hint, hint :p)

Not sure if this has been suggested, but I would like to be able to get a scout report from a player I would like to purchase with a selected member of my team. Its irritating how the system always tend to compare a player with the best in the squad (Fabregas in my case) and says that the player is far off the standard. When I get him, he instantly becomes a regular. Any way this could be implemented? ):

And an 'Use current tactics and players unless injured' option when you intend to go on holiday, its dumb to see how the assistant will place a player in an awkward position ):

Possible? :D

My wish list for 2012.

Flexibility in formations. - Id like to go from 442 to 4132 by dragging a MC back to DM.

Sorting transfer searches. - If I click the column title I can sort by most expenivse to free, but what I'd like to do it sort by free to expensive. Maybe by tapping again the column title.

More Media / Player interactions.

compare a player in my team to a proposed transfer.

View ability stats in player search. Id like to see what a SC shooting was before clicking into all the players records.

iCloud game save backups!

Do any of these sound doable?

My wish list for 2012.

Flexibility in formations. - Id like to go from 442 to 4132 by dragging a MC back to DM.

Sorting transfer searches. - If I click the column title I can sort by most expenivse to free, but what I'd like to do it sort by free to expensive. Maybe by tapping again the column title.

More Media / Player interactions.

compare a player in my team to a proposed transfer.

View ability stats in player search. Id like to see what a SC shooting was before clicking into all the players records.

iCloud game save backups!

Do any of these sound doable?

I hope SI copy and paste your reply to their to-do list! I agree with everything! The formation flexibility with the dragging option would be fantastic!

This is likely to be the last update for this iteration - that being said, if anything drastic bug-wise raises its head we'll obviously continue the product to the best of our abilities.

Obviously though please keep the feedback coming as its all being read and we'll try to take it into account with regards to future products.

So what about Retina display?

One annoying thing I'd like to see fixed is how the goals are displayed in the match summary screen. For example, sometimes it shows something like this.....

Arsenal 2 1 Man City

v.Persie 54 Johnson 88

Fabregas 21

i.e. the first goal scored is at the bottom.

Any chance of a fix?

• SI Staff
So what about Retina display?

Its something which will hopefully 'pop into being' at some point - to be frank I've converted a handful of pages already and neither myself nor QA can really see a huge difference between it and the SD display, the font being used and the anti-aliasing techniques work pretty well on the retina displays imho ....

As such its not something I'm rushing to do immediately (please bear in mind that implementing a new display resolution is a LOT of work, it'll happen - but its not critical and the additional pixels being shifted do slow down the retina devices slightly dropping the refresh of animated pages such as the match from 40-50Hz to around 20-30Hz, which I'll try and optimise further but simply put its shifting double the amount of data around the place).

Its something which will hopefully 'pop into being' at some point - to be frank I've converted a handful of pages already and neither myself nor QA can really see a huge difference between it and the SD display, the font being used and the anti-aliasing techniques work pretty well on the retina displays imho ....

As such its not something I'm rushing to do immediately (please bear in mind that implementing a new display resolution is a LOT of work, it'll happen - but its not critical and the additional pixels being shifted do slow down the retina devices slightly dropping the refresh of animated pages such as the match from 40-50Hz to around 20-30Hz, which I'll try and optimise further but simply put its shifting double the amount of data around the place).

In my opinion, retina display isn't necessary for a game like FMH. I mean, how crisp does text and dots have to be?

To start with, it's a brilliant game. I do not agree with the people that want more player/media interaction. Please keep it simple. I'm not interested in a game as detailed as the original Football Manger. I just want to have a game that is easy enough to use while sitting on the metro to work.

What I would like to see is more young talented players in the DB. I do understand that we need there are issues of keeping the DB small enough for iphone. But there are to many players in the current DB that could be replaced with more interesting players that are big talents IRL. There is even stranger that a player like Zlatan Ibrahimovic isn't in the game if oyu only load the english leagues!? Due to that the DB includes players with a high WR there are a lot of 30+ players from all around the world that from a transfer point of view are totally uninteresting. Why having a pretty unkown 37 year old mexican or a 35 year old russian i the DB, when some of the biggest and brightest stars isn't include in the game? There a lot of 35+ in the lower english leagues that we could replace with some more interesting players too..

You do find the same problem i the real FM but due to the small DB in FMH it gets even more obvious.

At the moment you are required to select which slot you wish you save onto which is one step in the way of just overwriting the save. Would you say it needs a further step?

yes yes yes and yes. I want a 'are you sure you want to save over this savegame: Team name, date blabla ?'

I can't count the times I've accidentally saved over another save. It lies in the fingers you know. When you play a game for quite a while and save quite often, it lies in the fingers that it is save spot 1. When you then start a new game, the fingers just want to save in save slot 1 and not 2...

• SI Staff
yes yes yes and yes. I want a 'are you sure you want to save over this savegame: Team name, date blabla ?'

I can't count the times I've accidentally saved over another save. It lies in the fingers you know. When you play a game for quite a while and save quite often, it lies in the fingers that it is save spot 1. When you then start a new game, the fingers just want to save in save slot 1 and not 2...

Would it help if I made the game 'remember' which slot you loaded a game from and defaulted the save slot to that game?

Would it help if I made the game 'remember' which slot you loaded a game from and defaulted the save slot to that game?

Well that actually sounds pretty good although I can predict that causing some problems when you really want to save the game in another slot.

Well that actually sounds pretty good although I can predict that causing some problems when you really want to save the game in another slot.

People will never be happy :)

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a few good ideas...like the sorting the player search results both ways and such.

My one request is that scouting is improved. Don't get me wrong, I like the scouting system, I just think it takes way too long to scout. You can only scout 25 players at a time (I think). As it is, sending your scout out to scout for you is almost pointless because they will usually return the same players every time and half of the time they miss the young undeveloped kids. Also, every time you send your scout out, it clears out your previous scout reports, which basically defeats the purpose of scouting. I love how scouting works in the PC version of the game, but I realize that the mobile limitations prevent that.

I do however think that another approach could work much better. The idea is that every team has a scouting level that can be upgraded via board requests. This would apply to how fast your scout will give you scout reports. Basically your scout will continuously be scouting players while you play, maybe only emailing you scout reports once a month or on the rare occasion when he finds the next wonderkid. Of course the user will be able to send the scout out manually as it currently exists, but when the scout is sent out he stops automatically generating reports until he has scouted all the players you have told him to scout.

It should be easy to implement actually because all of the ability already exists in the game in some way or another. Basically it's a revamp of the scouting setup screen. Actually all it really is is that your scout is always assigned somewhere and the reports never get deleted. On the scouting setup screen you can set the age range and the location where you want your scout to start getting reports, although I doubt the location will even be needed since there are so few players from other countries compared to the one you are playing in...you might as well just always have it set on "world" anyway.

Anyway, add that and it will make the game much easier to pick up and play. Most of the time I get discouraged when I try to play because there are so many players to scout, and it takes years to scout them all. Eventually though I get 100% of the players scouted, but yeah, it takes about 4 or 5 seasons. Then all you have to do is just scout under 21 and occasionally 19-25 and you won't miss any players.

Also, it would be cool if you included a total of a player's ratings somewhere....like in the search screen and on the players individual screen. It's not information that we don't have, just an easy way to view it. You could even keep a small history of a players total points overall that is saved each season. This way we could actually look back and see how many overall points the player has grown. Not much of a memory hit, it would just be a few bits per player to save one number :)

This is going to be very tricky to explain but I'll give it a go....

I'd really like to see a feature that shows the user exactly what effect the various decisions they made pre-match had on the game. For example, it would be a debrief screen that showed the key decisions made before the match and the ones made during it. Underneath each one would be an explanation of how this affected the teams performance and attitude during the game. It could all simply be wrapped up in Assistant Manager feedback whereby he tells you what could have worked better in hindsight and what was effective against that formation for example.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because sometimes I will lose a match that I really shouldn't have (i.e. playing a cup game against a side 2 tiers below me) and I will lose it a few more times after some restarts before I eventually get a realistic performance/result (I only do this for experimentation purposes fwiw). Knowing WHY I lost a game rather than trawling through pages of numbers would be useful here.

I hope I explained my point adequately.

Archived