The sexy very much tactic patch 11.2

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks great Betis. If it has the potential to get top of the league with birmingham in only the second season as it seems you are on the way to doing in those screenshots then it is no doubt an awesome tactic. Well done.

I'd love to try out the tweaked version soon.

Betis = the new Hough :)

Hey Betis, What tweaks have you made to this already cracking tactic? Attacking it's second to none, probably the best around. In defence it can be let down by the CB's being easily turned or crosses to the far post during open play (Not corners, have adopted Mr Hough's suggestion in post 142).

Congrats on a great tactic hopefully made even better with the new tweaked tactic!!!

hahah. when i took the charge over them they played 3 games and they had 0/2/1 so i already lost 7 points in the start :)) . but i will try. it is very hard against giant teams. i lost away over man utd by 3-2 . i was leading 1-2 . and then they scored in 90 and 90 +2 . and then i stopped playing...but now i will continue . .. i think it will be ready if i won the premier league :)

hahah. when i took the charge over them they played 3 games and they had 0/2/1 so i already lost 7 points in the start :)) . but i will try. it is very hard against giant teams. i lost away over man utd by 3-2 . i was leading 1-2 . and then they scored in 90 and 90 +2 . and then i stopped playing...but now i will continue . .. i think it will be ready if i won the premier league :)

Are you going to give more details on the players required? I like the shape and the style of play so i would like to use this has a career tactic. Thanks

Are you going to give more details on the players required? I like the shape and the style of play so i would like to use this has a career tactic. Thanks

I had a quick go last night using this tactic on an Arsenal save. Before the moaners start moaning yes Arsenal are a big club with great player but I use this save just to try out new tactics and ideas as Arsenal in my opinion have the most rounded squad and any kind of tactic you employ can be used with the players in place. I am only half way through a season but have used about 10 different tactics that i have come up with to see what it looks like in the ME (like i said, i just use this save for that reason).

Before patch 11.2.1 i was fine with my own various tactics but since the patch i dont mind to admit i have stuggled, i have played this game and CM before it since its release in the early 90's but never remember being as annoyed with it as i had become recently. So i decided to have a look on these forums for some ideas.

Most of the better tactics seem quite similar with 3 hard working midfielders winning the ball and supplying 3 central front men.

Then i came across this thread and something just clicked, what a great formation i had to download it and take a look how it plays. Right from the first match it played some great football, fast with plenty of chances. If i remember right i played 10, losing once to Bolton in league cup with my reserves and drawing once, away at Sunderland when they scored 2 in injury time. The rest were easy wins

Scored 43!!!!! and let in 8. Best result was beating Chelsea 6-0 away!

I tweaked the defensive corners as this was a source of goals against and i changed the centre midfield from attack to normal and TB's often (cesc).

Some of you that have played this tactic more than me will know better but from what i saw on my save the following worked well:

Full backs created lots of chances for my attackers assisting many goals so GOOD CROSSING is needed.

AML/AMR as well as high pace, dribbling and crossing, they should have good finishing due to the amount of chances they get provided by the other wing.

MC (attack) good creativity and work rate aswell as passing. (I didnt pull up any trees with Cesc Fabregas) im not sure if an out and out attacking player is best or box to box type guy.

AMC Good pace and finishing. Dribbling is a bonus. This player doesnt seem to create as much as the wide men so a more goal scoring player in this role should work well.

SC its really up to you, i tried a strong target man type which worked well and Van Persie who destroyed teams. So big and strong or skillfull and creative, as long as he is comfortable at holding the ball up in a deeper role. Think Van Persie, Ibrahimovic that type of player and not an out and out striker like Defoe etc.

Just dont watch the highlights as you will pull your hair out at the number of missed chances on this very bad ME.

Maybe others have different ideas, so lets share them because this thread needs more contributers because it offers something different to the same old same old tacktics posted around. Just my 2p worth but feel this thread is worthy of so much more.

Well done Betis for thinking outside the box.

oh. well ... thank you billy . that was great post :)) . you could do my job in posting tactics if you want ....cause i miss a lot of these points which everybody need like player instructions ,, oi , ,,match prepar... etc :)) all i can do is to post the tacitc. i would like u to give an explanation of my tactic , cause you understand totally my point of the tactic :)

i have just won the league cup with birmingham wining against man utd ... take a look.

j81f89.png

I had a quick go last night using this tactic on an Arsenal save. Before the moaners start moaning yes Arsenal are a big club with great player but I use this save just to try out new tactics and ideas as Arsenal in my opinion have the most rounded squad and any kind of tactic you employ can be used with the players in place. I am only half way through a season but have used about 10 different tactics that i have come up with to see what it looks like in the ME (like i said, i just use this save for that reason).

Before patch 11.2.1 i was fine with my own various tactics but since the patch i dont mind to admit i have stuggled, i have played this game and CM before it since its release in the early 90's but never remember being as annoyed with it as i had become recently. So i decided to have a look on these forums for some ideas.

Most of the better tactics seem quite similar with 3 hard working midfielders winning the ball and supplying 3 central front men.

Then i came across this thread and something just clicked, what a great formation i had to download it and take a look how it plays. Right from the first match it played some great football, fast with plenty of chances. If i remember right i played 10, losing once to Bolton in league cup with my reserves and drawing once, away at Sunderland when they scored 2 in injury time. The rest were easy wins

Scored 43!!!!! and let in 8. Best result was beating Chelsea 6-0 away!

I tweaked the defensive corners as this was a source of goals against and i changed the centre midfield from attack to normal and TB's often (cesc).

Some of you that have played this tactic more than me will know better but from what i saw on my save the following worked well:

Full backs created lots of chances for my attackers assisting many goals so GOOD CROSSING is needed.

AML/AMR as well as high pace, dribbling and crossing, they should have good finishing due to the amount of chances they get provided by the other wing.

MC (attack) good creativity and work rate aswell as passing. (I didnt pull up any trees with Cesc Fabregas) im not sure if an out and out attacking player is best or box to box type guy.

AMC Good pace and finishing. Dribbling is a bonus. This player doesnt seem to create as much as the wide men so a more goal scoring player in this role should work well.

SC its really up to you, i tried a strong target man type which worked well and Van Persie who destroyed teams. So big and strong or skillfull and creative, as long as he is comfortable at holding the ball up in a deeper role. Think Van Persie, Ibrahimovic that type of player and not an out and out striker like Defoe etc.

Just dont watch the highlights as you will pull your hair out at the number of missed chances on this very bad ME.

Maybe others have different ideas, so lets share them because this thread needs more contributers because it offers something different to the same old same old tacktics posted around. Just my 2p worth but feel this thread is worthy of so much more.

Well done Betis for thinking outside the box.

Can you post a tweaked version up? Would be highly appreaciated :).

I'm using the latest released version with Liverpool, with Mr. Houghs corner tweaks and I sometimes ask the wingers to swap flanks. I've played 8, scored 33 and conceded 4. Won all the games apart from a 1-1 draw with Napoli in the Europa League. I was already through so it didn't matter, and I played my reserve team. I have Carroll as back up to Torres, and he does very well in the ST position :)

Have done some tweaks, worth trying.

Done the corners (defending) as Mr Hough suggested in #142 post.

Changed DCR Creative Freedom to same as DCL

Changed AML Closing down and Passing to same as AMR.

If you have good passer put MCL on Through balls Often. You will see him raking assists.

This has worked for me ;).

Now I am looking how to do better vs opposition through balls and playing with marking as I see some patterns AI uses to score vs this tac ;0.

Now I am looking how to do better vs opposition through balls and playing with marking as I see some patterns AI uses to score vs this tac ;0.

I'd try and help with that, but I'm just not conceding! Conceded 2 when 8-0 against Blackpool, but I think that was down to complacency. Conceded one against Napoli from a corner, when playing my reserve side, and conceded one against Stoke from a corner. I seem to be getting great possession as well, even in away games.

now! the time has come :) there u go. its a 4-3-1-2 formation . it brings me a treble with birmingham side . i won premier league, fa cup and league cup. the most impressive results was at beating chelsea 4 times in the season, beating man utd 3-0 in final of league cup and wining against totenham in last match of the season on away for the title. the worst result was against man utd on the away match lost 3-2 conceding goals in 90 and 90+2 minutes and lost to sunderland on away match which almost cost me a glory because it was the 37th match of the season.

for players .... u must have 4 standard at the back not so important. it would be perfect if u could have 3 cms and 1 amc with good long shots. they are the main players in this tactic. they are getting the clear shots from 20 meters so often and i would like to see if someone could play with big team to show me if this will be successful . i didnt have so much succes because my bes long shoter had 14 on long shots and he did ok job. your right st must be good at the crossing and finishing . and your left st should be tall and good at jumping. he plays almost like a target man. i didnt check the box Use target man cause i didnt need it. so if anyone wants to play and do some tweaks --- go ahead.

for team talks i only used the halftime teamtalks if my STL wasnt so good and i tell him *prove the point* and he suddenly becomes a monster :) . just like injection . here are the screenshots and download link.

w20mtf.png

2m7us5z.png

download link for tactic .

http://www.filefront.com/17757973/hard sex.tac

I personally use Team Blend + Maximum Workload in Pre-Season games (Friendlies) and then when season starts move the slider to Average Workload (still on Team Blend), that way I get 70% workload on normal training and 30% on MP :).

Archived