£20m to spend - Where to improve?

D3AN

Firstly, how the hell did you manage to get all those players for Valencia in 2 seasons?? Ronaldo, Aguero, Veloso, Palombo, Barzagli, Alves, Lloris would have set up back by about 150M or so I reckon at the very least!

Anyway, I would definitely try to improve the LB position. Marcelo cant defence to save his life. His rating is very good I know but thats only because he can attack very well. If you watch complete matches, you'll see him making plenty of blunders in defence. The ratings are really deceptive. You dont have any good backup for Zigic and Villa though (although you can move Aguero there I guess and play Jimenez as AMC). But I'd look to get a ST anyway. Have a look at Soldado for about 10M or Lupoli for even less. They're both good little players, pretty quick and will get you goals. Very capable backups. Maybe get rid of Maduro as well and bring in someone like Bodmer who'll cover many different positions.

V-1.jpg

V-2.jpg

All money from player sales and adjusting wage-transfer budgets. (In Game, not the editor).

Valencia do start with a very small budget, but once i sold Vicente for £28m the board gave me more money aswell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

lol Liar </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how can you say that when i've just proved all my transfers?

They are all realistic transfers and he has made a profit on a number of players, the only quesionable one their is dani alves for 20million but he could have just been lucky after unsettling him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasjs:

They are all realistic transfers and he has made a profit on a number of players, the only quesionable one their is dani alves for 20million but he could have just been lucky after unsettling him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i bid £30m for Alves when he was unsettled and Sevilla rejected, he got annoyed and requested transfer on the last day of the transfer window.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D3AN:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

how can you say that when i've just proved all my transfers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate I cold make up a screen full of transfers liek that doesnt prove I did it without cheating

Maybe some of them were real, I'm just having doubts over getting Ronaldo in 2nd season, and alot of your players went for way toomuch money, so its just abit dodgy. OK thankyou!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D3AN:

how can you say that when i've just proved all my transfers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate I cold make up a screen full of transfers liek that doesnt prove I did it without cheating

Maybe some of them were real, I'm just having doubts over getting Ronaldo in 2nd season, and alot of your players went for way toomuch money, so its just abit dodgy. OK thankyou! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why shouldn't i be able to get Ronaldo when i win the treble (League, cup, CL) and Man Utd win nothing and finish 4th i think. Because of this i was able to unsettle Ronaldo and he got annoyed when Utd rejected one of my bids.

Also in the majority of my transfers out, i offered the players over 12months as that way you can usually get more money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cerrano:

Who cares if he cheated. Doesn't effect your game. He's claiming he is amazing for compiling this team. He just wants suggestions to improve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should read..."He's not claiming he is amazing"

im going to go out on a limb and say stop abusing him he only wants advice just give it too the poor guy and stop abusing him end of. i hate it when people are called cheaters when they can proove that they arent

exactly... clearly hasnt cheated...

great team btw... definatly sold for good prices and bought in quality...

as for improving.... your first team is top quality but your lacking backup in defence imo... havent got any real wingbacks and i dont see maduro being good enough until sakho improves... being a top team you can afford better backup...

also in attack.. need backup for your strikers.. cant see any quality backup...

also right wing.... no-one there.

He clearly hasnt cheated, all his transfers are very realistic. The only place i can see for improvment is left back, marcelo isnt a left back. You might get Chiellini for £20m if your really lucky. Fantastic team though!

He clearly hasnt cheated, all his transfers are very realistic. The only place i can see for improvment is left back, marcelo isnt a left back. You might get Chiellini for £20m if your really lucky. Fantastic team though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NCFC_4_LIFE:

i dont have a clue how you managed to get ronaldo

with a team like that you should consider more defensive full-backs (get rid of marcelo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm, maybe he has offensive fullbacks for a reason, if he plays a DM that gives the fullbacks enough security to go forward knowing that the DM will fill in for them if they are caught, I've seen it happen many times.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rydo L:

He clearly hasnt cheated, all his transfers are very realistic. The only place i can see for improvment is left back, marcelo isnt a left back. You might get Chiellini for £20m if your really lucky. Fantastic team though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i want chiellini, but he moved to Real Madrid ( One of Valncia's biggest rivals) last season icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasjs:

BALE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bale moved to Juventus beginning of the season for £18m. I can get Guilherme (LB) for £13m and he is better defensively than Marcelo but still has brilliant attacking stats.

lol nice team, personally i dont think you cheated but even if u did doesnt effect us, so yeh invest more in the defence, your attacking options are excellent so just try and focus more defensively although it is still very good you could get stronger, maybe sakho mate? icon14.gif

Sahko won't be good enough yet, but may cover left back in the future. Shame about Bale, Guilherme would be good. Did you go in for Bale/Chiellini and get refused or did you not bother btw?

Maybe (You may not like this though) Ashley Cole???

You could get Clichy or Evra

Maybe Lahm, possibly Maxwell

Sahko won't be good enough yet, but may cover left back in the future. Shame about Bale, Guilherme would be good. Did you go in for Bale/Chiellini and get refused or did you not bother btw?

Maybe (You may not like this though) Ashley Cole???

You could get Clichy or Evra

Maybe Lahm, possibly Maxwell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already got Sakho, and i didn't bother going in for Bale or Chiellini simply because i didn't have enough money. Currently deciding between Clichy and Guilherme, but i don't think i'd be able to afford Clichy.

Ok i can get Guilherme for £12m-£13m and could also get Adriano for around £6m-£7m as back-up/rotation striker. What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guilherme for that price is pretty good, other options are Taiwo and if ManU still haven't won anything then you might be able to pick up Evra for around the same. Keep an eye on Mattock, on a few of my recent saves he's become Abidal-esque by 2011. As for Adriano, he's a very good striker. If you can keep him happy (which can be a problem at times) then he'll do you justice as a backup and might push out one of your other strikers.

Other than that the only possible improvements I can see are a better backup AMC (Single-footed players always underperform in AMC), but that's about it really.

And excellent job on having the first "superteam" I've seen on these forums that actually looks 100% legit, that's some impressive transfer work.

Archived