[FM11] Smedby AIS - The Ultimate Expansion of a Youth Team

Scalamunger

After taking inspiration from hrbfcrule have decided to also do a career trying to make a team from Sweden the best in the world using just youth products

FM Version:

-FM 11, with 11.2.1 patch

Database:

-Medium

Leagues Loaded:

- Sweden - Second Division and above

View Only

- England - BSS/BSN

- Spain - Second Division B

- Germany - Third Division

- Italy - Serie C2

- France – CFA]

- Holland

- Brazil

- Scotalnd

- Wales

- Ireland

- Portugal

Got a bad computer so only loading the swedish leagues with a medium data base, which is about 9000 players which for once gives me a game speed of 1 star (bring on febuary when i get a new comp) Anyway here goes nothing.

Team - Smedby AIS I chose this club as to begin with they have very low expectations, there name is also easy to write and remember and in their division they stand out by playing in yellow and black. They have adequate training facilities and a basic youth program (which is something i have to focus to upgrading for this challenge to work.)

There was a player on loan to the club when I joined, I immediately ended his loan spell.

Preseason

Media Prediction: 11th

Expectations: Fight bravely against relegation

Wage Budget: 1.2k

Wage Bill: 1.266k

Ticket price: £7.60

Season Ticket Holders: 50

Season Ticket Price: £60.90

Est Value: 55k

Squad – Pretty poor as you can see, both in quantity and quality, the lack of defensive options is very worrying but in Paul Chamoun I believe I have a striker who can keep this club in the division, his stats are not great but he seems to score goals and that’s what’s needed. He is also the most valued player in the squad at the start of the season.

Youth Prospects -

YP1 John Eriksson – The ONLY player that looks in the least bit decent, and at 2 star potential this is really scraping the bottom of the battle.

YP2 Fredrik Mollapolci – Pathetic simply awful but my lack of options in defence means I have to promote him to my team.

YP3 Johan Ekblad – Exactly the same as YP2, will hope for better defensive options in the coming years.

Friendlies

Smedby 2 - 2 Gauthiod – Lonn, Persson

Smedby 0 - 1 Lindsdal -

Smedby 5 - 0 Sollentuna - Persson, Lonn, Ekblad, Anckerbook, Sydhammar

Smedby 4 - 2 Linkoping - Chamoun x3, Jonsson

I was happy enough with the friendlies, all the teams were lower or equal to our stature so positive results were to be expected. Chamoun scoring a hattrick in the final friendly before the season gave me some hope.

April

Cup - Skiljebo 2–1 Smedby

Ok strictly speaking this didn’t happen in April but it seemed like a waste for it to be its own update in March. Now Skiljebo are in a relative division to me but are predicted 2nd in their league so we were always going to lose this but the fight we put up I felt was incredible, we battled for most of the match but in the first 20 minutes they showed their quality and were 2-0 up, from then on it was us who were on the attack and on 64 minutes we managed to score but that was it, we just couldn’t break them down again. From what I saw in this match though it gives me confidence for the season.

League – Nykoping 2-0 Smedby

Scorers (Smedby) - None

Not the start to the season I had hoped for and not a lot of promise being shown, a poor showing at the front as well as at the back in the latter stages of the match sealed a first defeat of the season at the first attempt.

League – Smedby 3-1 Osk Ungdom

Scorers – Lofgen (2) Lonn

Not as comfortable as it looks as at half time we were 1-0 down, but after the break we rallied and a brace of Lofgen gave us the lead with Lonn allowing us the relax late on.

League – Eskilstuna 3-1 Smedby

Scorers – Lonn

Not a pretty sight as we were dominated from start the finish, they seemed quicker, stronger and looked like they wanted it more and the scoreline shows that, we did however get on the score sheet with a cracking 25 yard goal from Lonn.

- As Another note i forgot to SS the table until the June Update

maybe i can get some opinions on how often i should post the months, im only a couple ahead of this at the moment but can get a couple months done a day most days, i was thinking about a month a day update and just taking a day off if i get behind occasionally. What do you think ?

Good Luck with this, it's great to see so many people trying this now :D

As for the updates, I play a few months in advance then write the updates when I have time. I try not to play too far ahead without updating so I can remember what actually happened when I write the updates.

Smedby_ais.gif

May

League – Smedby 3-0 Karlsund

Scorers – Hadzijusufovic, Aguirre, Persson

Easily our best performance so far and it was a much needed confidence boost for the team all 3 scorers got an 8.7 rating and it was fully deserved.

League – Smedby 2-0 Varmbol

Scorers – Lofgen, Hadzijusufovic

Another strong home performance and another clean sheet meant we moved up to 6th in the table, far above where we are predicted to finish but it is early in the season.

League – Varmdo 2-1 Smedby

Scorers – Jonsson

Our trouble on the road continues as we succumb to two second half goals after taking the lead through Jonsson in the first half. We fell apart in the second half and they had to much for us.

League – Smedby 3-2 FC Gute

Scorers – Lofgen, Aguirre, Persson

Relieved that half the games are at home because we pulled out another victory, after going 2-0 down the team showed terrific spirit to score 3 and win the match, Lofgen again scoring with him and Aguirre quickly becoming the key to success for this team of players.

Smedby_ais.gif

June

League – Vallentuna 0-0 Smedby

Scorers – None

A nil/nil in most circumstances is useless but for us it was our first point away from home and we fully deserved the draw, our strikers were poor so when it hit 70 they came off and we but 11 behind the ball to conserve the point. A much needed away boost.

League – Smedby 3-2 Enskede

Scorers – Persson, Lofgen, Hoven(O.G)

Continuing our terrific run of home wins was another 3 – 2 victory, this one was evenly match with us trading goals culminating in them scored an own goal in the 87th minute gifting us victory.

League – Farsta 2-1 Smedby

Scorers – Aguirre

Back to typical away day blues, we fought bravely but found ourselves 2 -0 down in the first half, it took until 74 minutes to pull one back but there just wasn’t enough quality to get the equaliser.

League – Smedby 1-0 Akropolis

Scorers – Lofgen

Lofgen again handing us victory but this time against table toppers Akropolis, the team took the lead and then defended for their lives, it was a great win and left us in a great position.

Table

Smedby_ais.gif

July

League – Smedby 1-0 Nykoping

Scorers - Aguirre

Revenge for the fixture earlier in the season, it really wasn’t an interesting game, we scored in injury time of the first half and the second half saw two shots on goal between both teams. A good solid home win though and three more points.

League – Osk Ungdom 1-1 Smedby

Scorers - Jonsson

This may look like a disappointing result and under the circumstances it kind of was, we took the lead but lost two men to injury in the first half, I made a substitute at half time after Aguirre took a knock and in the first minute of the second half we lost a further team member meaning we had to play with 10 men and a striker in defence, we couldn’t hold on and they scored, but we did double our away points for the season.

League – Smedby 1-1 Eskilstuna

Scorers - Ahlstrand

It may not have been a win but this team were on a run of 6 wins and we were lucky to keep our unbeaten home record going. A nice goal from Ahlstrand gave us an important point.

League – Karlsund 0-1 Smedby

Scorers - Aguirre

I could not believe it, we got our first away win off the season, the team is on a huge high after this game. Aguirre again scored the winner the only worrying thing now is we haven’t scored more than one goal in a game since before the Farsta game, this is something that needs to be sorted because my defence finds it difficult to keep clean sheets, luckily we did here though.

League – Varmbol 2-1 Smedby

Scorers - Lofgen

The final game in July saw us return to form and lose away from home, and we totally deserved it, despite Lofgens late goal we never looked like scoring and were well beaten by the bottom team.

Table

With 6 games to go we are 8 points of the relegation playoff and a terrific 15 points off relegation meaning 1 more win will almost definitely see us safe from automatic relegation. Somewhat optimistically we are 6 points off the solitary promotion spot.

Definitely a serious challenge you're facing! I've enjoyed quite a few games in Sweden and I'll be very interested to see how far you get!

As far as the frequency of updates goes - it really is up to you! I enjoy writing my brief monthly updates and I feel like it helps propel me through my save (two more games and I get to write another update and so on). On the other hand, a lot of people are much more comfortable with the start/end of season format. Bottom line - go with whatever makes the save fun for you. :thup:

Smedby_ais.gif

August

League – Smedby 2-2 Varmdo

Scorers – Lofgren, Aguirre

We went 1 – 0 down but fought back to 2-1 up just to get a debutant from the youth team(needs must not quality) to be red carded and cause a hole in my defence that was exploited by Varmdo. But a point is a point and a further win now guarantees my safety in the division.

League – FC Gute 0-3 Smedby

Scorers – Lofgren, Persson, Aguirre

The Victory we needed and what a way to get it, a storming away victory and our best performance of the season, I actually got to make substitutions that were for resting players not tactical. Lofgren and Aguirre have been instrumental this season I would not survive without them.

League – Smedby 3-0 Vallentuna

Scorers – Persson, Lofgren, Chamoun

My first though after this match was wow, Chamoun actually scored a goal, after being the subject on many danger men press conferences and being my tip for a star of the season, it has taken 19 games for him to score a goal in his 16th appearance. Again Lofgren has scored for us taking his tally to 10 and Persson chipped in with his 5th goal, not bad for someone I considered to be our third choice striker who has worked for his first team place ahead of Chamoun.

Table

Technically still in with a chance of getting promoted but it would take 3 wins and a lot of luck to go our way, however I do not wish to be promoted this season as I feel we are overachieving as it is, we need a decent youth intake next season to build upon a solid foundation. Either way I hope to take at least 4 points from the last 3 games 2 of which are away from home.

Smedby_ais.gif

September

League – Enskede 1-2 Smedby

Scorers – Lofgren, Persson

We again showed great spirit to come from behind to beat Enskede, it would now take a huge swing of goal difference for me to win the league.

League – Smedby 0-0 Farsta

Scorers – None

The phrase bore draw was made for this match, with neither team having to worry about relegation I would usually have thrown in the kids and reserves but I wanted to preserve the unbeaten home record and that’s what we did.

League – Akropolis 3-1 Smedby

Scorers – Wahlman

This match I did throw in the kids and Akropolis needed to beat me to ensure themselves the title and promotion, my second string were simply no match for this team and were 2-0 down by half time. We came out with a point to prove and Wahlman quickly scored his first of the season, and although they replied quickly to put the game to bed I was still pleased I had another goal scorer this season as not a huge number of the team scored goals.

Smedby_ais.gif

End of Season Review - (Smedby AIS – Swedish Second Division South Svealand)

Table, Graph

Squad

What a terrific season considering we were predicted to be easily relegated. With only 3 youth additions to the squad of which were just back-up, that of course means the squad completely over achieved and could face the struggle predicted for this season next. We started at a nice pace but the middle of the season we really hit our stride at home and eventually picked up a couple of away wins culminating in a great 3rd place finish.

The squad still doesn’t look impressive but I know it much better now and I know its strengths and weaknesses. I desperately need a centre midfielder and a left back as well as backup for the defence other wise I will be in trouble.

Players Of The Season

Anton AguirreA Brilliant and terrific player at this level, he well exceeded my expectation and was pivotal to my cause. 21apps, 7 Goals, 4 Assists, 2MOMs

Average Rating – 6.98

Emil LofgrenHe was the star of my team, his goals are the main reason we ended so high in the table. Started the season as 3rd choice striker but quickly earned his way to being the first striker on the team sheet. 18(2)apps, 11 Goals, 3 Assists, 1 MOM

Average Rating – 7.07

Tarik HadzijusufovicMy rock at the back, even had a higher division club sniffing around him so I promptly offered a new contract which he accepted. The games he was missing aligned up with loses almost impeccably. He commanded our box and will be captain next season. 22apps, 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 5 MOMs. Average Rating – 7.14

Youth Player Updates

YP1 John ErikssonDidn’t play as much as I’d have liked due to his competitor being our captain and a solid right back. 3(8)apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOM.

Average Rating – 6.69

YP2 Fredrik MollapolciWas never really in my plans and it shows, maybe can stick around next season if no better cover is spawned but if it is I will release him without a second thought. 3(1)apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOMs.

Average Rating – 6.69

YP3 Johan EkbladDid better than I expected and he substituted more times than I would have foreseen, his ability to play on the left and in the middle proved a good thing as I suffered with bans and injuries throughout my defence in the season. I will keep him on if only as backup to backup if I get some more defenders in the next batch of youth, he deserves that at the very least. 5(10)apps, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 MOMs.

Average Rating – 6.53

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League
2010         Second Division SS           3rd                Prelim Round                 N/A                       N/A 

Smedby_ais.gif

Preseason

Media Prediction: 10th

Expectations: Fight bravely against relegation

Wage Budget: 1.9k

Wage Bill: 1.603k

Ticket price: £7.70 (Up 10p)

Season Ticket Holders: 50 (Same as last season)

Season Ticket Price: £62.20 (Up £1.30)

Est Value: 220k (Up 165k)

Finances – Nearly all of the profit comes from a gigantic sponsorship deal with unfortunately ends next year.

Squad One/Two – Same as last year but with one or two leaving and five youths added to the ranks who will be talked about below.

Youth Prospects

YP1 John Eriksson – Will continue to be 2nd choice right back.

YP2 Fredrik Mollapolci – Due to lack of a decent left back he will remain as backup to both full back positions.

YP3 Johan Ekblad – Will no doubt be needed again this season for cover in the centre and left defence. Some badly needed cover needed in this are so am hoping some one from the youth can make them selves known later in the season.

During the off season 2 of last years youth were recommended by my assistant coach as decent enough for the step up, they are

YP4 Hampus Lonn – A Right winger/ Striker. He’s not the great and only has 2 star potential but that still puts in right in with the quality of my team, his ability to play up front and hopefully learn to play on the left means he will be very versatile and will prove to be a good backup for injured and suspended players.

YP5 Fredrik Ancker Book – Stood out at start of season because of name and even got one or two appearance due to injuries but at the end of season was recommended with 4 star potential, I’m not convinced on him but he is better that my current 4th choice striker who is on higher wages so I will look to offload him and have Book in that position in the team.

And after the regen date these 3 players stood out

YP6 Dan Wessberg – Another right winger so will likely not see much first team action but looks like a decent backup, also my highest valued player plays in this position but is only backup so if a decent team takes a punt on him then Wessberg can hopefully prove to be adequate cover.

YP7 Jorgan Sleyman – Really not up to much but 3 star potential and will be my 3rd choice keeper for the season after a lack of one last season. Perhaps can fight with Laack for 2nd choice.

YP8 Gabril Larsson – This guy excites me, he is rated at 5 star potential with 3 star current and will slot straight into my team for next season, he will be a rock in this clubs midfield for as long as I can hold on to him. He has good stats in all the important areas.

On an Interesting note we have switched division from Swedish Second Division South Svealand to Swedish Second Division North Gotaland

Friendlies

Sevilla FC Bayarn 0 – 1 Smedby

Scorers – Persson

Smedby 5 – 2 Visao Celeste

Scorers – Lofgren, Magnusson, Lonn, Hampus Lonn, Ancker-Book

Cubatense 0 – 3 Smedby

Scorers – Jonsson, Book, Wessberg

Cubatense 0 – 2 Smedby

Scorers – Ahlstrand, Book

Cubatense 0 – 2 Smedby

Scorers – Book, Jonsson

Hille 0 – 7 – Smedby

Scorers – Lonn, Chamoun, Book, Gustafsson, Edeberg (e.g), Jonasson, Lofgren

Visao Celesteo 0 – 1 Smedby

Scorers – Persson

Cubatense 0 – 0 Smedby

Scorers – None

I was very impressed with Book during these friendlies but after Chamoun’s similar scoring record last season I do not get my hopes up. The last result worries me a little after beating the same team three times beforehand to then draw was disappointing. This could be blamed on hangover from the cup match if the 7 – 0 wasn’t also after it. On the surface my team appears to be random and I predict promotion or relegation this season. Relegation of course would see the challenge end pre-maturely. The reason for so many friendlies was most financial as playing all these games away bought in about 50k revenue which was badly needed. We will definitely be in the red by the end of the season and will need a similar sponsorship or have to sell players to stay afloat, promotion wouldn’t go amiss either.

Cup – Tord 1 – 1 Smedby (AET) Tord Win 3 – 1 on Penalties

Scorers – Lofgren

Penalties

Scored – Larsson(YP8).

Missed – Book(YP5), Gustasfsson, Aguirre

The result in this match was a big loss to the team as we were the better side, the ref in my opinion wrongly disallowed our second goal but that’s the way football goes sometimes. It of course could be a blessing as now there is no cup to worry about again, the extra revenue would have been nice though, The positive to take from this is Larsson played well and already I can see my season hinging on him doing a strong duty as my ball winner. Lofgren scoring in the first competitive match of the season is also a good sign.

Smedby_ais.gif

April

League – Koping 3 – 1 Smedby

Scorers – Chamoun (Pen)

Not the way I wanted to start the season as the first half we were sluggish; it took just 2 minutes for them to score adding another 30 minutes later. In the second half I made 3 changes and it made an immediate difference with Chamoun getting his first of the season. Unfortunately we couldn’t push on from that and they hit us on the counter to wrap the game up.

League – Smedby 2 – 1 Linkoping

Scorers – Hadzijusafovic x2

It was a strong captains performance as our regular captain was tired from the last match vice captain took over and scored twice either side of half time to make sure victory was ours. We conceded late on but never looked like losing.

League – Ljungby 1 – 6 Smedby

Scorers – Lonn (2), Persson (2), Lofgren (2)

An unbelievable result away from home, the odds said a draw was inevitable but we tore them to shreds. Lonn started of with a coolly slotted home rebound after Lofgrens effort hit the post. Persson then fired in a quick fire double leaving us 3 up at half time. Ljungby came out strong and managed to force us into a mistake at the back gifting them a lifeline. But no sooner did they finish celebrating did we go to the other end of the pitch and plant a cross on the head of Lofgren and from 6 yards out he doesn’t miss at this level. 10 minutes later and Lofgren found himself open in the box again to smash on his second and the teams fifth. 7 minutes from time Lonn picked up the ball on the half way line and took on no fewer than 4 opposing team players before deftly lifting the ball over the goal keeper to cap the game off with a goal any premier league player would be proud of. My best result yet working at Smedby.

Table Early doors of course but 6 points out of 9 and 3 out of 6 away from home is a good start. One more away win and we meet our total from last season. And 3 of the next 4 games are at home.

Smedby_ais.gif

May

League – Smedby 5 – 0 Husqvarna

Scorers - Aguirre, Persson, Hadzijusufovic, Chamoun (2) (Pen) (Pen)

Another terrific result again the team predicted to finish first this season. From the moment Aguirre scored a 30 yard screamer I knew it would be our day, on 80 minutes I bought Chamoun on for Persson and he proceeded to win and score two penalties to give the score line a gloss. But unfortunately Gustaffson was injured and will be out for the next three games.

League - Motala 1 – 3 Smedby

Scorers – Mattesson (pen) Lonn, Chamoun

We were luckier than the score line suggests the penalty was dubious the second was offline and the third was a deflection, but I’ll take the 3 points. Bad fortune has struck again and both R Lonn and Mattsson will miss the next two matches.

League – Smedby 0 – 1 Nybro

Scorers – None

The end of our long home run and I could not believe it, 3 disallowed goals and a red card and I still think we should have won this game, we were missing 3 key players though and it showed, our width down the right wasn’t there and our 4th best centre mid gave the ball away all the time unfortunately he will also miss the next game through suspension so a youth player will have to be drafted in for a debut game.

League – Smedby 0 – 1 VMA IK

Scorers – None

His debut did not go well. Thank god my injury problems are over after this game, Gustaffson is such a miss in the centre of midfield I hadn’t noticed how much he did until he’s no longer there.

Table

Smedby_ais.gif

June

League – Lindsdal 0 – 4 Smedby

Jonsson, Persson (2), Lonn

We seem to be a very hit and miss team at the moment and we can’t garner any sort of consistency. The lack of goals from Lofgren is a worry considering the amount we score in these sort of games, Persson is being indispensable this season. The goals Chamoun are scoring help but whenever he starts he seems to struggle and need substituting.

League - Smedby 0 – 0 Vimmerby

Scorers – None

We could have won this, but then again we could have lost, it was entertaining for a nil-nil and this team has players we could only dream of at the moment. So holding them to a draw can be seen as a success.

League – Smedby 1 – 0 Tord

Scorers – Hadzijusufovic

Revenge for the cup loss was a priority here, but no goal would come, I had given up hope when in the 90+7 minutes of a 90+2 game Hadzi popped up with a powerful header from a corner to win us the game.

League – FC Gute 3 – 1 Smedby

Scorers – Lonn

This wasn’t a fun match, and the team has no excuse, we were at full strength but Gute were better than us in every area on the day, our solitary goal by Lonn can only be celebrated for the fact they only won by 2 goals, if not for our keeper it really could have been 5 or 6.

League - Smedby 4 – 1 Kopling

Scorers - Aguirre, Persson (2), Chamoun

My team is really turning into a Jekyl and Hyde team last game losing so dismally and this one looking like a team of world beaters, Persson’s height in the box this season has been pivotal and he again scored a brace of headers.

Table Even at this stage of the season I am confident we will not be relegated unfortunately I also feel we will not get promoted, I will of course keep fighting to get out of this division as I fear if I do not Hadzi, Gustaffsson, Persson and Chamoun will all leave if I don’t having already expressed desire to be at a bigger team. The former 3 are of course the spine of my team currently.

Smedby_ais.gif

July

League – Linkoping 1- 0 Smedby

Scorers – None

Good, bad, good, bad it’s getting very tedious now, we just can’t get a good run going it was all us for 85 minutes of the match, they have one shot on goal and score and that is enough to win.

League – Smedby 4 – 0 Ljungby

Scorers – Lofgren (2), Svensson (o.g) Wessberg(YP6)

Why can we demolish a team one game and then roll over and surrender the next, it’s baffling, its not like its home and away this time, it appears to be completely random. It’s good to see Lofgren back onto form again and YP6 scoring his first goal for the club but we need to find some sort of consistency.

League – Husqvarna 0 – 6 Smedby

Scorers – Lonn, Persson (4) Lofgren

Another dominating performance by us but I worry for the season, even with this win we don’t look like promotion contenders. Perssons four goals were a marvel of forward play though and he is like a new player from last season, his partnership with Lofgren on days like these is amazing.

League – Smedby 1 – 2 Motala AIF

Scorers – Persson

Another one of those days where nothing goes right, and at home as well, our ground used to be a fortress and now we just tend to roll over every other game. Persson, scored for us but in the whole game it was our only shot, the opposition had 17 with 12 on target but still took a last minute goal to win the match.

Table 10 points off the top and promotion looks impossible, all we can do is hope to regain some proper form and cement 2nd place in the league, my defence is really showing its cracks this year and ideally I would need 2 new full backs and one centre back to be up to standard.

You are getting some great individual results eg 6-0 and 4-0 but then lose 1-0 or 2-1 afterwards. It must be really frustrating being that inconsistent.

It's a pity VMA IK are running away with the league, you've had a pretty good season. On my game it has taken, on average, 40-45 points to secure the Second Division title.

Good to see Tord doing alright :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately my computer decided to breath its last breath just 2 days before i go this new one not allowing me the time to transfer over my football manager games meaning this challenege is now dead :( i got to season 3 in this challenge and thoroughly enjoyed it and may post 1 giant update to show progress up til where i got to and i may start this career again at a later date especially as my new computer can handle many many many more players, thanks for reading

Scal

Archived