Goalkeeper low pass completion rate

Hello everybody

I'v got a question concerning the pass completion rate. Whereas I'm happy with the rate of my field-players (generally somewhere between 75-95%), my goalkeeper (Guillermo Ochoa) always has a much lower rate (usually around 60%). I'm playing a five-man defense and his distribution is set to 'defender collect'. Can this somehow be improved (other than through buying midfielders who are good in the air??

Two thoughts: You could give him HUB instruction - he'd pause before passing to your defender, making the pass more accurate. Second - have you given your defender(s) instruction to be near enough to receive the pass - i.e. is your D-line low enough? If a pass isn't on, he'll have to hoof it, and hoofed clearances usually concede possession.

Tell him to distribute to one of the LB's. What you will find is that one of them then breaks the DL and 'hangs back' for a pass.

I have been carefull here and selected a player that A) is good at passing and B) has a good player infront of him. THis means that 1. My GK has the highest pass completion ratio in the league (of ALL players) 2. My LB has the highest number of passes made in the league (and pass completion % isn't tofar down the list either) 3. It's a bloody fine way of controling directional play down one of the wings without directing ALL play down that said, which is what you get when you use the team instrcuctions.

Regards

LAM

Tell him to distribute to one of the LB's. What you will find is that one of them then breaks the DL and 'hangs back' for a pass.

I have been carefull here and selected a player that A) is good at passing and B) has a good player infront of him. THis means that 1. My GK has the highest pass completion ratio in the league (of ALL players) 2. My LB has the highest number of passes made in the league (and pass completion % isn't tofar down the list either) 3. It's a bloody fine way of controling directional play down one of the wings without directing ALL play down that said, which is what you get when you use the team instrcuctions.

Regards

LAM

What he said, choosing a "stronger side" is the best way to restart the action without giving way the ball easily.:thup:

Archived