Paul Papp- A Poor Mans Vidic

jsdceltic

papp.jpg

Breif History

He started his youth career at Luceafărul Dej, but he was promoted in 2006 at Unirea Dej, in Liga II. He first played 10 games in his first season, but in the second, he was one of the best players, despite his team had a terrible season, being relegated at the end of it.

FC Botoşani He was proposed to Gloria Bistriţa in the 2008 summer, but he was refused because of the wage he wanted. He ended up signing for FC Botoşani, for 72.000 €, fee paid for him and Boroştean. Soon after his transfer, he was made captain by his coach Leo Grozavu. He made his first appearance for his new team on 16 August 2008, on a 2-1 win against Dunărea Giurgiu. Even his team sank in mediocrity, Papp managed to make an incredible season, being named in the first half of the season best team.

SC Vaslui Because of his incredible form, he was transferred by SC Vaslui for 50.000 €. He made his first appearance on 17 May 2009, coming in as a substitute in the 87th minute. Because of his lack of matches, he was loaned for free in the summer at Farul. Because of another fantastic first half of season, he returned in Vaslui, and surprisingly at that time, he started in the first team ever since. He scored his first goal on 22 March, in a 1-0 win against Rapid Bucureşti. He scored his 2nd goal, against another Bucharest team, this time Steaua being the victim. He played on 26 May, in the Romanian Cup final, lost by SC Vaslui at the penalty shootout. He was named the Man of the Match, by Daniel Pancu.

I'm not usually the best at finding players so I was pleased with finding this gem and hope to sign him :p

Not bad, who you signing him for and how much? I wouldn't want to pay anymore than £1.5m-£2m for him. Would be great in championship. Anyone got any screenies of him later on and from the beginning of the game? He's only 21 (and this isn't the beginning of the game) so you might get that tackling up yet :)

What level did your scouts say he could play at? He could be useful for me at FC Utrecht if I hadn't brought Bakary Kone who's pretty similar.

Pretty good find if his PA is good. I may look into him.

Not bad, who you signing him for and how much? I wouldn't want to pay anymore than £1.5m-£2m for him. Would be great in championship. Anyone got any screenies of him later on and from the beginning of the game? He's only 21 (and this isn't the beginning of the game) so you might get that tackling up yet :)

What level did your scouts say he could play at? He could be useful for me at FC Utrecht if I hadn't brought Bakary Kone who's pretty similar.

Pretty good find if his PA is good. I may look into him.

Signed him for Celtic 2 million, scout says he has potential to become leading SPL centre half and would be a quality signing.

Archived