Help needed starting a game - players loaded.

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find it anywhere........

If I select 'view only' on a number of leagues, does this load all the players from that country? The reason I ask is that the number of players loaded in my database only increases when I change these leagues to 'playable'. I don't want to manage abroad, just have all the players.

Also, how many players do you deem an acceptable minimum when you look to start a game? I know my limits depend on my machine but I don't really know anything about that kind of thing and want to find out what ther majority think is needed for a full game experience.

Many thanks.

I'm probably wrong, but when I mouse over "view only" it says players will not be loaded and matches will just be simulated. I'm not sure if that is accurate, but I always have the country's I want players from as playable. You can also go custom and load some from the top division only in certain regions. For example for Europe I have "Load all players from Top Divisions" Anyways, I can't say definitively if that is right, but that is how I think it works.

Eh to be honest I don't remember how many I play with. I'm relatively new to FM, only been playing since 2010 version. I think for my latest save I loaded enough players to make the game speed indication go down to like 2 or 2.5 stars I think. I have a pretty beefy system and it seems to do ok so far.

As for why you would use "view only" I'm not sure, hopefully someone who knows more about this can comment.

Ok, thanks again.

I will await some other responses......

To all: If you don't want to manage in another country is it advisable to just load players from the country? Does having the league play create any other advantages like better regens?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Archived